Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
Alice
⦂☽

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » May 11th, 2018, 5:17 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc1koMMXWaY

Looks like they have a solid release date in mind finally. Though they didn't announce the exact day yet. Summer could mean any time from ~2 weeks from now until the end of August. (Or even September depending on the location.)
💙💙💙

Glitch
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground

Postby Glitch » May 11th, 2018, 7:28 am

Going off my birth control was a bad idea, I stg. It's fucked up my hormones, since I have pcos, which messes with it.
I don't have much energy now for being social, especially online, like here where I miss posting. Other things I've noticed as well in general have gotten worse too. I actually have a worse time waking up in the mornings now and always shut off my alarm and sleep for another hour or more, rather than actually getting up.
It may be covered now, and I think I may go back on it until I get on T. It's getting to be a real pain to deal with, and at least I was a bit more functional than I am now.
I'm fairly certain it's nothing else that's causing it - I started a small dose of one medication, mostly just to help with my insomnia (which has been terrible because of my hormones, of course), and I've been responding to it just fine with one minor side effect.

Anyway, medical bullshit aside, my cockatiel had an... episode? the other night a bit ago. My roomie and I were playing Overwatch, and I looked over at him and called his name, but he didn't seem right. I got up and he barely responded to me walking over - usually he'll get bitchy about it, but I picked him up without any sort of fight. He seemed kind of confused, really unresponsive, and his motor skills were kind of gone (couldn't perch), but was still there somewhat. I sat down with him on my chest, and he was like that for a few minutes. Heck, he even accepted neck scritches without complaint. He did come out of it, slowly, and within a half hour he was back to his usual irritable self, but it scared the shit out of me.
I'm thinking it could've been a mild seizure, because our dog gets seizures once every blue moon, and gets the same, glazed-over look in his eyes that Domino had that night. It's most likely because of his diet, too, which is seeds. I've tried to get him to eat other things, but he ignores fruits and veggies and I know there's no way to get him over to a pellet diet. Cockatiels are notorious seed-lovers.
My roomie and I did some looking, and he came back with Nutri-berries. Basically, they're seeds but coated with the proper nutrition birds need and formed into small seed-balls. And apparently, almost all seed-eaters love them.
Figuring that since I don't have money to go to the vet, and I know his diet is shit, I may as well give them a try.
$45 on a bucket of Nutri-berries later, I get them home. I try replacing his seed outright with them, and wasn't surprised when he didn't touch them. I mixed them half-and-half with his old seed, smooshing them into smaller bites, and he eats them, no problem at all. Within 48 hours, he's completely switched over with them smashed apart. Within 3 days, he's eating them whole.
Needless to say I was fucking impressed.
Now he absolutely ADORES his new food, and makes a huge fucking mess eating them. It's nice to watch him go apeshit over them, and actually forage like birds are supposed to do. He even gets excited when he sees me pull out the bucket of 'em in the morning.
And I guess they really are good for birds - he stopped eating his poop (which has been a problem for a long time), is more energetic and active, has stopped having diarrhea, and in general seems happier. My mom said that even his colours seem a bit brighter. And no more seizures so far.
He's been on them for two weeks now? I think that's pretty amazing.
I'm happy to see Domino feel better. He may be an asshole, but he's my asshole.

...That turned out longer than I intended, whoops.
ImageImageImage
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

Glitch

Postby Glitch » May 11th, 2018, 7:30 am

pholtos wrote:I have a brother in a similar spot to ya Glitch, and I do on occasion slip up and use the wrong pronoun or their old name, so yeah, give your family plenty of time. Habit of this nature is extremely hard to break.

Trust me, as someone who is rooted in habits, I completely understand. I'm also the person not to get offended by anything, and understand that this is a transition for me and everyone around me - slip ups are expected as we all get used to this. ;) Plus it'll be easier once I look the part.

Yeah don't mind me responding to this 10 years late
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 11th, 2018, 10:33 am

Glitch wrote:It may be covered now, and I think I may go back on it until I get on T. It's getting to be a real pain to deal with, and at least I was a bit more functional than I am now.

Snipping most of the quotes for brevity but that sounds like a good idea honestly. Hopefully it's the solution for your issues for now.

And the site's been pretty inactive lately. I haven't felt much like posting most of the time and Earth hasn't been posting as much either. Between the three of us, I think we make up the majority of the posts on the site, lol.
I'm thinking it could've been a mild seizure, because our dog gets seizures once every blue moon, and gets the same, glazed-over look in his eyes that Domino had that night.

That definitely sounds like a seizure to me. And mild at that, like you said, if it was just odd behavior and not issues with actually staying upright or anything. (Though I'm no bird expert, it may be possible for them to stay upright more easily when experiencing seizures. I wouldn't think so though.)

Speaking of seizures my stepdad's cat, who's fairly old (mid to upper teens though I'm not sure of his exact age), scared the crap out of me a few weeks ago. I heard this godawful racket coming from the bathroom and go in to find him writhing on the floor and making tons of racket while doing so. My first thought was "oh fuck, he's having a seizure or something!" Nope. His ear was bothering him (a fairly common issue for him for some reason) and he just kinda went crazy going at it like he does sometimes. He gets so preoccupied with it at times that he's lost his balance and not only didn't notice, he also didn't notice that I caught him and stopped him from falling off the counter and landing on his freaking head.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » May 11th, 2018, 8:29 pm

Alice wrote:Snipping most of the quotes for brevity but that sounds like a good idea honestly. Hopefully it's the solution for your issues for now.

And the site's been pretty inactive lately. I haven't felt much like posting most of the time and Earth hasn't been posting as much either. Between the three of us, I think we make up the majority of the posts on the site, lol.

That's... actually pretty true, lmao. Kind of funny how much you realize you're part of the heart of the site, so to speak.

That definitely sounds like a seizure to me. And mild at that, like you said, if it was just odd behavior and not issues with actually staying upright or anything. (Though I'm no bird expert, it may be possible for them to stay upright more easily when experiencing seizures. I wouldn't think so though.)

Yeah, it was really mild. I have some experience with them since my dog has them, and birds are apparently supposed to fall down and thrash around, but I know milder seizures just make it hard to move, so that's what I'm thinking. He had trouble perching, so his legs were kind of splayed out, and I had him on a somewhat flat surface and held him, which also helped.

Speaking of seizures my stepdad's cat, who's fairly old (mid to upper teens though I'm not sure of his exact age), scared the crap out of me a few weeks ago. I heard this godawful racket coming from the bathroom and go in to find him writhing on the floor and making tons of racket while doing so. My first thought was "oh fuck, he's having a seizure or something!" Nope. His ear was bothering him (a fairly common issue for him for some reason) and he just kinda went crazy going at it like he does sometimes. He gets so preoccupied with it at times that he's lost his balance and not only didn't notice, he also didn't notice that I caught him and stopped him from falling off the counter and landing on his freaking head.

Jesus christ. Animals are... something.
Speaking of ear issues, my cat has ear mites from getting outside. Again.
She has this sixth sense for open doors, it's insane. She will just BOLT outside, then cower around the corner of the house cause she knows we're coming to get her and she's not supposed to be outside.
Not to mention literally every time she gets outside she gets ear mites. -___-
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 12th, 2018, 1:20 am

Glitch wrote:Jesus christ. Animals are... something.
Speaking of ear issues, my cat has ear mites from getting outside. Again.
She has this sixth sense for open doors, it's insane. She will just BOLT outside, then cower around the corner of the house cause she knows we're coming to get her and she's not supposed to be outside.
Not to mention literally every time she gets outside she gets ear mites. -___-

Our cats are all indoors cats too. Though my stepdad's cat and the one we adopted after an old neighbor died both spent a lot of their lives as outdoors cats and mine spent the first six months of his life as an outdoors cat as well. At this point they really don't even attempt to go outside, though my cat has this annoying habit of wanting to go through open doors regardless of where they lead. My mom's cat and the one we adopted will both just lift their heads and look out the door then go back to sleep.

My stepdad's cat sounds kinda like yours. He doesn't actively try to get outside but he's the only one who ever seems to slip out. And he almost always immediately wants back in. Last time he managed to slip out nobody noticed somehow. So he ended up spending some time meowing at the back door where nobody was able to hear him before giving up and curling up on the deck and trying to go to sleep at which point my mom walked into the kitchen and realized he was somehow outside and brought him in. That was like over a year ago now though.
💙💙💙

Griflion

Postby Griflion » May 12th, 2018, 10:11 am

Happy to hear about Domino's improvement of health. The correct diet is quite important for animals (and humans), so good for him and you that you could fix that.

Talking about inactivity of the site, reminds me of an issue I have. Is it normal that I always need to log in again when I reopen this site?

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 12th, 2018, 12:13 pm

Griflion wrote:Talking about inactivity of the site, reminds me of an issue I have. Is it normal that I always need to log in again when I reopen this site?

That's definitely not normal. Try clearing your browser cache and deleting the cookies for the site then logging back in.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » May 13th, 2018, 12:08 am

Alice wrote:Our cats are all indoors cats too. Though my stepdad's cat and the one we adopted after an old neighbor died both spent a lot of their lives as outdoors cats and mine spent the first six months of his life as an outdoors cat as well. At this point they really don't even attempt to go outside, though my cat has this annoying habit of wanting to go through open doors regardless of where they lead. My mom's cat and the one we adopted will both just lift their heads and look out the door then go back to sleep.

My stepdad's cat sounds kinda like yours. He doesn't actively try to get outside but he's the only one who ever seems to slip out. And he almost always immediately wants back in. Last time he managed to slip out nobody noticed somehow. So he ended up spending some time meowing at the back door where nobody was able to hear him before giving up and curling up on the deck and trying to go to sleep at which point my mom walked into the kitchen and realized he was somehow outside and brought him in. That was like over a year ago now though.

My cat will go through spurts where she doesn't try to get outside, then where she just INSTANTLY knows when a door is open and runs out. Of course, cause she knows she's not supposed to be out (and we see her run out, since it's usually to let the dog in or something quick), she'll run a little bit but then cower cause she knows we're right behind her.
She's not very bright.
I want to get a harness for her and take her outside. I think she'd like that.

My roommate, for her cat's first snowfall, dunked her outside in a snowbank. Needless to say, she was like WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS WHITE SHIT??? (Don't worry, my roomie held onto her.) That's the only time that cat has been outside.

Griflion wrote:Happy to hear about Domino's improvement of health. The correct diet is quite important for animals (and humans), so good for him and you that you could fix that.

I am too! I know the correct diet is important, but at least with the nutriberries he's getting a more correct diet than before, since the shithead refuses to touch fruits and veggies.
ImageImageImage

Griflion

Postby Griflion » May 14th, 2018, 1:42 am

Alice wrote:
Griflion wrote:Talking about inactivity of the site, reminds me of an issue I have. Is it normal that I always need to log in again when I reopen this site?

That's definitely not normal. Try clearing your browser cache and deleting the cookies for the site then logging back in.

I just tried that, but still have the same problem. Also checked my cookies but apparently chrome doesn't want to save any for this site, and i don't have it on my blocked website list for cookies. In firefox, it works though.
That's really strange.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 14th, 2018, 2:26 am

Griflion wrote:I just tried that, but still have the same problem. Also checked my cookies but apparently chrome doesn't want to save any for this site, and i don't have it on my blocked website list for cookies. In firefox, it works though.
That's really strange.

That sounds like it could potentially be some weird bug with Chrome. Out of curiosity is your bookmark for the site on Chrome using http or https? If it's http then it could be a really random quirk where Chrome doesn't handle redirects properly.
💙💙💙

Griflion

Postby Griflion » May 14th, 2018, 1:05 pm

Yes, that worked, thank you very much.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 15th, 2018, 4:26 am

I'm starting to worry about my stepdad's cat. He's had this occasional habit of falling off things and hurting himself but it happens fairly rarely. It's becoming a lot more common though. It's happened like three times in the past week for example. And my mom even caught it once as it happened and said it looked like he was having a seizure. He is getting kinda old. We don't know his exact age but my stepdad has had him for around 15 years and he was somewhere between 2 and 6 or so when he got him, iirc. (And my cat is apparently turning 9 in freaking June, what the hell. He was just a kitten like freaking yesterday. He's the youngest of the four we have.)
Griflion wrote:Yes, that worked, thank you very much.

Huh, so that was it? I wonder why Chrome's not handling the redirect like it should.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 17th, 2018, 5:15 am

I could be mistaken but I think someone might want into my Steam alt account. (Which doesn't even have any games on it, lol...)

Edit: The continuing saga:

They seem really determined to get into this literally worthless account, lol. Fine with me though. After all if they keep trying so hard to get into mine that means it's probably distracting them from others.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » May 17th, 2018, 12:26 pm

Just to make sure, you don't have something like a credit card linked to that account, do you? And you can't get easy access to your main account from your alt, right?

Also, Glitch, sorry this is so late, but hopefully your pets are doing well now :theart:
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 17th, 2018, 1:33 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Just to make sure, you don't have something like a credit card linked to that account, do you? And you can't get easy access to your main account from your alt, right?

Nah, there was never a reason to even have a card linked to the account. And the password (and username) for that account is totally different than the one for my main account. And the email is different as well. As well as the passwords for both emails being both different from both Steam accounts as well as significantly more secure as well, though my main Steam account has a secure password nonetheless.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » May 17th, 2018, 7:57 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Also, Glitch, sorry this is so late, but hopefully your pets are doing well now :theart:

Thanks! Domino's doing quite well now, he hasn't had another seizure since that night. He loves his new food and is doing really well on it! He's a lot happier and seems a bit more energetic, too. It encourages him to actually forage so now he spends some time actually breaking apart the balls of seed and it gives him something to do!
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 18th, 2018, 11:43 am

https://techraptor.net/content/huniepop ... team-store

This is kinda ridiculous. Games that have been there for years are suddenly a problem and in at least one case (Kindred Spirits) the devs/publishers went out of their way to run the most questionable stuff past Valve before it ever got released on Steam to make sure it was okay. Valve okayed it and it was released uncensored on Steam in like 2016. Now it's suddenly not okay and Valve won't even explain what the issues actually are past it somehow violating the same guidelines they previously stated it didn't violate.

But hey, games like GTA 5 and Witcher 3 which also have some fairly explicit content are still up and anything with overly gratuitous violence such as Hatred is perfectly okay. I'm not familiar with GTA 5's explicit content but the only real differences between Witcher 3 and Kindred Spirits is the amount of explicit content and the fact it's gay content rather than straight content. So Valve is being completely vague and inconsistent all around.

Edit: Copy+pasting this from a Steam forums discussion but I thought this was interesting:
I wrote:
Seagloom wrote:Yes, it's utterly ridiculous. A dev team could go all out and still get their game pulled without knowing why. Unclear rules that can evidently fluctuate at Valve's whim. How is that fair? This just seems like a way for them to remove whatever they want from Steam without having to explain themselves.

It's low. The least they could do is be clear about their criteria to the developers. The future implications of this truly suck.

I'm going to leave it at that since I don't want to spend any more energy on souring my mood. I can only hope there will be a significant enough groundswell of support to make Valve reconsider.

It's completely absurd. I think this quote from this article paints an interesting picture of how weird this all is:
MangaGamer's Press Director wrote:When we launched Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning on Steam, we took it through the ESRB rating system because it featured content that was slightly more explicit than that of Kindred Spirits, and that passed review with a Mature rating, not AO.

So a game more explicit than Kindred Spirits got rated merely M by the ESRB yet somehow Kindred Spirits is too explicit for Steam??

Sure glad I just buy games like that directly from MangaGamer instead of trusting Valve to show something resembling consistency. Or transparency.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » May 18th, 2018, 8:31 pm

Alice wrote:https://techraptor.net/content/huniepop-other-adult-games-facing-removal-steam-store

This is kinda ridiculous. Games that have been there for years are suddenly a problem and in at least one case (Kindred Spirits) the devs/publishers went out of their way to run the most questionable stuff past Valve before it ever got released on Steam to make sure it was okay. Valve okayed it and it was released uncensored on Steam in like 2016. Now it's suddenly not okay and Valve won't even explain what the issues actually are past it somehow violating the same guidelines they previously stated it didn't violate.

But hey, games like GTA 5 and Witcher 3 which also have some fairly explicit content are still up and anything with overly gratuitous violence such as Hatred is perfectly okay. I'm not familiar with GTA 5's explicit content but the only real differences between Witcher 3 and Kindred Spirits is the amount of explicit content and the fact it's gay content rather than straight content. So Valve is being completely vague and inconsistent all around.

Edit: Copy+pasting this from a Steam forums discussion but I thought this was interesting:
I wrote:
Seagloom wrote:Yes, it's utterly ridiculous. A dev team could go all out and still get their game pulled without knowing why. Unclear rules that can evidently fluctuate at Valve's whim. How is that fair? This just seems like a way for them to remove whatever they want from Steam without having to explain themselves.

It's low. The least they could do is be clear about their criteria to the developers. The future implications of this truly suck.

I'm going to leave it at that since I don't want to spend any more energy on souring my mood. I can only hope there will be a significant enough groundswell of support to make Valve reconsider.

It's completely absurd. I think this quote from this article paints an interesting picture of how weird this all is:
MangaGamer's Press Director wrote:When we launched Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning on Steam, we took it through the ESRB rating system because it featured content that was slightly more explicit than that of Kindred Spirits, and that passed review with a Mature rating, not AO.

So a game more explicit than Kindred Spirits got rated merely M by the ESRB yet somehow Kindred Spirits is too explicit for Steam??

Sure glad I just buy games like that directly from MangaGamer instead of trusting Valve to show something resembling consistency. Or transparency.

Really?! And here I was having a decent day. Can I just go...one day without hearing about the antics of idiotic prudes (inb4 "Everyone's a 'prude' compared to you. Which is part of the reason why you see prudes everywhere you look")?
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 19th, 2018, 7:08 am

Shit. We're going to have to put my stepdad's cat down, apparently they're intending to take him into the vet tomorrow for it. His seizures are getting worse and worse and it's really not helped at all that he keeps having them when he's on top of the island in the kitchen or lying on the hard tile floor in the bathroom. He keeps hurting himself when he has them in those locations.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » May 19th, 2018, 8:45 am

Alice wrote:Shit. We're going to have to put my stepdad's cat down, apparently they're intending to take him into the vet tomorrow for it. His seizures are getting worse and worse and it's really not helped at all that he keeps having them when he's on top of the island in the kitchen or lying on the hard tile floor in the bathroom. He keeps hurting himself when he has them in those locations.

Oh no, that's terrible news :tsad: :biblethump: !

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 19th, 2018, 10:23 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Oh no, that's terrible news :tsad: :biblethump: !

Yeah, it sucks. But it's also not too terribly surprising at least. He's a fairly old cat and the last year and a half or so he's started looking it too. I've been prepared for it to happen for awhile now, though I'm still sad that it has to happen.

Also this is unrelated but there's been some news on this shit with Steam:
https://twitter.com/ncose/status/997484630273032192
#VICTORY: @Steam_games to remove sexually explicit and sexually violent videogames from platform #metoosolutions no more sexual assault training for the 35mill minors using their site https://endsexualexploitation.org/artic ... -platform/ … for press comments: @DawnHawkins33 or @HaleyCHalverson

Apparently this organization masquerades as a feminist one but is in reality a highly conservative anti-sex group. Valve isn't even being consistent with them either though. Games like GTA 5 and Witcher 3 are on the organization's list yet Valve hasn't sent the same messages to CD Projekt Red and Rockstar that they're sending to smaller devs.

There's been an absolutely enormous backlash though, especially because of Kindred Spirits and Huniepop in particular from what I've seen. Huniepop because the game was up for years and very popular and never had issues, Kindred Spirits because of Valve being so inconsistent, having explicitly approved the game after MangaGamer went out of their way to run the most explicit parts of the game past Valve to verify they were acceptable.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 19th, 2018, 5:30 pm

Jeez, my stepdad's cat is really just totally out of it. My stepdad got home from work and just looked at him totally confused, he whined at me for water several times throughout the night despite the fact I kept filling it for him, and I just petted him for 2-3 minutes before he finally seemed to realize I was there. And something seems visually off about him too. His eyes are usually pretty vacant looking and the way he's holding himself is subtly off though I can't entirely explain why. The only part of it I could actually pin down is that the fur on the back of his head seems to be standing up much more than usual. They'll be taking him into the vet to be put down in about an hour.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » May 19th, 2018, 6:40 pm

Alice wrote:Apparently this organization masquerades as a feminist one but is in reality a highly conservative anti-sex group. Valve isn't even being consistent with them either though. Games like GTA 5 and Witcher 3 are on the organization's list yet Valve hasn't sent the same messages to CD Projekt Red and Rockstar that they're sending to smaller devs.

There's been an absolutely enormous backlash though, especially because of Kindred Spirits and Huniepop in particular from what I've seen. Huniepop because the game was up for years and very popular and never had issues, Kindred Spirits because of Valve being so inconsistent, having explicitly approved the game after MangaGamer went out of their way to run the most explicit parts of the game past Valve to verify they were acceptable.

I tweeted these idiots directly about it, and about how ineffective, harmful, and actively counter-productive their cause is in general. Their entire cause. Not just this. I know it won't do anything besides maybe get me blocked by them, but I don't care. I just felt like...I had to say it. You know?

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 20th, 2018, 8:52 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:I tweeted these idiots directly about it, and about how ineffective, harmful, and actively counter-productive their cause is in general. Their entire cause. Not just this. I know it won't do anything besides maybe get me blocked by them, but I don't care. I just felt like...I had to say it. You know?

Huniepop Devs wrote:--- #WAIFUHOLOCAUST UPDATE --- I have just received word from Valve apologizing for the confusion, saying to DISREGARD their previous e-mail about the violation, that they are in the process of re-reviewing the game and will follow up soon.

MangaGamer wrote:Update: We have just received word from Valve to disregard the previous notice. According to the e-mail, Kindred Spirits will be re-reviewed and we will be provided with specific feedback if there are concerns about the game’s content.

Looks like things may be fine now. In Kindred Spirits' case in particular if there are any concerns then Valve will need to actually clarify their guidelines seeing as their own reps obviously don't understand them. (Though I don't see how a game that's been as popular as Huniepop and on Steam for as long as it could have gone so long without issues to begin with if it were an actual concern.)
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » May 20th, 2018, 8:42 pm

Alice wrote:https://techraptor.net/content/huniepop-other-adult-games-facing-removal-steam-store

GTA5 has pretty explicit content; I've played it twice. You torture a guy at one point (pull out a tooth, hit him in the kneecaps with a wrench, lightly electrocute him, etc), Trevor curb-stomps a guy (doesn't show it, though), and I know you can take hookers and have sex with them, but idk how much it shows in terms of sex (I never hooked up with a hooker lmao).
Seems silly to pull those games off.

Alice wrote:Shit. We're going to have to put my stepdad's cat down, apparently they're intending to take him into the vet tomorrow for it. His seizures are getting worse and worse and it's really not helped at all that he keeps having them when he's on top of the island in the kitchen or lying on the hard tile floor in the bathroom. He keeps hurting himself when he has them in those locations.

Awww, poor baby. :( I'm sorry to hear that he got worse. At least you know he lived a good, long life.

Alice wrote:Also this is unrelated but there's been some news on this shit with Steam:
https://twitter.com/ncose/status/997484630273032192
#VICTORY: @Steam_games to remove sexually explicit and sexually violent videogames from platform #metoosolutions no more sexual assault training for the 35mill minors using their site https://endsexualexploitation.org/artic ... -platform/ … for press comments: @DawnHawkins33 or @HaleyCHalverson

Apparently this organization masquerades as a feminist one but is in reality a highly conservative anti-sex group. Valve isn't even being consistent with them either though. Games like GTA 5 and Witcher 3 are on the organization's list yet Valve hasn't sent the same messages to CD Projekt Red and Rockstar that they're sending to smaller devs.

Probably because they can get away with it with smaller developers. Glad to hear there's backlash on it; hopefully it'll make Valve rethink about taking them down.

Alice wrote:Jeez, my stepdad's cat is really just totally out of it. My stepdad got home from work and just looked at him totally confused, he whined at me for water several times throughout the night despite the fact I kept filling it for him, and I just petted him for 2-3 minutes before he finally seemed to realize I was there. And something seems visually off about him too. His eyes are usually pretty vacant looking and the way he's holding himself is subtly off though I can't entirely explain why. The only part of it I could actually pin down is that the fur on the back of his head seems to be standing up much more than usual. They'll be taking him into the vet to be put down in about an hour.

Poor baby.

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:I tweeted these idiots directly about it, and about how ineffective, harmful, and actively counter-productive their cause is in general. Their entire cause. Not just this. I know it won't do anything besides maybe get me blocked by them, but I don't care. I just felt like...I had to say it. You know?

Huniepop Devs wrote:--- #WAIFUHOLOCAUST UPDATE --- I have just received word from Valve apologizing for the confusion, saying to DISREGARD their previous e-mail about the violation, that they are in the process of re-reviewing the game and will follow up soon.

MangaGamer wrote:Update: We have just received word from Valve to disregard the previous notice. According to the e-mail, Kindred Spirits will be re-reviewed and we will be provided with specific feedback if there are concerns about the game’s content.

Looks like things may be fine now. In Kindred Spirits' case in particular if there are any concerns then Valve will need to actually clarify their guidelines seeing as their own reps obviously don't understand them. (Though I don't see how a game that's been as popular as Huniepop and on Steam for as long as it could have gone so long without issues to begin with if it were an actual concern.)

Good.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 21st, 2018, 10:45 am

Glitch wrote:GTA5 has pretty explicit content; I've played it twice. You torture a guy at one point (pull out a tooth, hit him in the kneecaps with a wrench, lightly electrocute him, etc), Trevor curb-stomps a guy (doesn't show it, though), and I know you can take hookers and have sex with them, but idk how much it shows in terms of sex (I never hooked up with a hooker lmao).

I always find it really weird that extreme violence and gore are somehow okay but sexual content of any kind is somehow not. I'm pretty sure two people fucking is a little more natural than, going with your example, torturing someone, lol.
Awww, poor baby. :( I'm sorry to hear that he got worse. At least you know he lived a good, long life.

Yeah, he definitely did. Especially after my stepdad got together with my mom. Before that he'd never met anyone his cat liked other than him but the cat liked both me and my mom just fine.
Probably because they can get away with it with smaller developers. Glad to hear there's backlash on it; hopefully it'll make Valve rethink about taking them down.

I certainly hope so. I can't speak for all the games that got caught up in this crap but it's not like they're all just cheap garbage cashing in on sex and fan service to sell copies. In Kindred Spirits the sex scenes make up a minority of the content in the game to begin with and aren't really forced or anything. (As opposed to Kara no Shoujo where 90% of them feel way too forced.)
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » May 21st, 2018, 11:59 am

Alice wrote:
Glitch wrote:GTA5 has pretty explicit content; I've played it twice. You torture a guy at one point (pull out a tooth, hit him in the kneecaps with a wrench, lightly electrocute him, etc), Trevor curb-stomps a guy (doesn't show it, though), and I know you can take hookers and have sex with them, but idk how much it shows in terms of sex (I never hooked up with a hooker lmao).

I always find it really weird that extreme violence and gore are somehow okay but sexual content of any kind is somehow not. I'm pretty sure two people fucking is a little more natural than, going with your example, torturing someone, lol.

Ugh, same here! I mean, I know I worship a war goddess as well as a love goddess, but I prefer when people make love rather than war. This has always legitimately confused me as a result :tsad: .

Glitch

Postby Glitch » May 21st, 2018, 10:19 pm

Alice wrote:I always find it really weird that extreme violence and gore are somehow okay but sexual content of any kind is somehow not. I'm pretty sure two people fucking is a little more natural than, going with your example, torturing someone, lol.

I know right? Heaven forbid any sexual content! (Tbh I hate playing through the torture scene; I can stand gore, but I can't stand torturing someone.)

Yeah, he definitely did. Especially after my stepdad got together with my mom. Before that he'd never met anyone his cat liked other than him but the cat liked both me and my mom just fine.

Awww, that's nice to hear. </3

I certainly hope so. I can't speak for all the games that got caught up in this crap but it's not like they're all just cheap garbage cashing in on sex and fan service to sell copies. In Kindred Spirits the sex scenes make up a minority of the content in the game to begin with and aren't really forced or anything. (As opposed to Kara no Shoujo where 90% of them feel way too forced.)

Yeah, it's just stupid. And I agree, quite a few of those sex scenes were forced.

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Ugh, same here! I mean, I know I worship a war goddess as well as a love goddess, but I prefer when people make love rather than war. This has always legitimately confused me as a result :tsad: .

Basically: companies are dumb. Humans are dumb.
Everything is dumb.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 22nd, 2018, 4:48 pm

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2018/05/22/m ... es-to-gog/
We’re excited to announce that we will be working with our friends over at GOG to bring our growing catalog to their platform!

With the viability of Steam as a retail platform for visual novels thrown into question by recent threats from Valve, we have begun perusing other potential retail outlets for our products and we are pleased to join GOG’s growing catalog!

That's actually a surprise. I'd looked into why Gog doesn't have visual novels in the past since it seemed like a good place for them and apparently it was because they were too niche. Glad to hear they're changing their minds on it. (Which I'd imagine is at least somewhat influenced by the business opportunity Valve has presented them with here.)
A Kiss for the Petals ~Maidens of Michael~, which Valve removed from the Steam storefront in March 2018 without any warning or notice.

“We have yet to hear from Valve regarding the removal of Maidens of Michael despite repeated attempts at contact.” John Pickett continues. “Steam has now proven that it’s growing unreliable for small and independent developers, so we are very grateful to have the next biggest retailer in the PC market welcoming visual novels with open arms and an eye for quality. In the long run we hope to transition our full Steam catalog over to GOG, and we hope other developers will consider reaching out to them too. We want fans everywhere to always have a means of enjoy these great titles.”

Also wow, that's shitty even for Valve. I know they're some of the most incompetent people ever when it comes to communication but wtf. Hopefully these repeated fuck ups by Valve keep making their platform less popular until either they pull their heads out of their asses or are surpassed by a service whose owners actually put the necessary effort into maintaining it.

Edit:
Glitch wrote:I know right? Heaven forbid any sexual content! (Tbh I hate playing through the torture scene; I can stand gore, but I can't stand torturing someone.)

Neither particularly bother me for the most part. I hate gory shit that's just gory for the sake of it and I hate fan service as well as sex scenes that feel totally forced but those are specific pieces of content I have an issue with rather than the entire subject in general.
💙💙💙

Return to “General Perversion”