My unfinished, not-yet-named SMBX episode.

A place to show off your completed or in progress video game projects. Mods? Hacks? Whatever you call it when you make your own thing? Reveal your junk to random strangers!
chridd

My unfinished, not-yet-named SMBX episode.

Postby chridd » March 30th, 2015, 5:31 am

So since I got the Super Mario Bros. X editor working for me when I was making my MaGL X2 entry, I figured I might as well make my own episode thing. So here's what I have so far: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6tQJy8hpM9URUR2WDA1ZnU0aFU/view?usp=sharing (download link is somewhere around the middle top).

This was made with the MaGL X2 devkit version of SMBX from here, in case that's necessary for compatibility (and it does use luna.dll, but not lunalua, at least not so far).  I also used a modified version of the fake star graphic from that post; I should probably give credit somewhere for that. 

I'm not making the levels in order; I'm planning on adding levels before some of the levels I have already completed (and the map is completely temporary). (...so playing the unfinished version might ruin the surprise for what ends up being a later level in the finished version... on the other hand I kind of want feedback... on the other hand, maybe a bit afraid of feedback, what if people don't like an aspect that I'm attached to?... *covers face in embarrassment from getting too much attention/worrying that I did something I'll regret and stops talking*)

Oh, and I think that save file 3 has all levels unlocked, in case anyone wants that. (I say "I think" because it seems nearly any change to the world map completely breaks save files.)

Me, stop hesitating and just click Submit already!

Edit: Hopefully these images will work:Image
The Demos counter is probably not indicative of the actual difficulty.
Last edited by chridd on April 12th, 2015, 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alice
⦂☽

Re: My unfinished, not-yet-named SMBX episode.

Postby Alice » April 12th, 2015, 12:00 am

You should consider adding some screenshots (preferably in a collapsible spoiler) to the op. You probably won't get too many people downloading it until they have a better idea of what it'll be about.

Also changing the world map does tend to break saves because the game apparently handles maps in some really weird way. I don't know the details but I remember reading about it at some point during MaGLx2.
💙💙💙

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario
Location: IDK I think it was like a pocket dimension or somethin

Postby Lead Luigi » April 12th, 2015, 1:27 am

Pics or it hasn't happened
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

chridd

Postby chridd » April 12th, 2015, 6:02 am

Alice wrote:You should consider adding some screenshots (preferably in a collapsible spoiler) to the op. You probably won't get too many people downloading it until they have a better idea of what it'll be about.
Done.

Also changing the world map does tend to break saves because the game apparently handles maps in some really weird way. I don't know the details but I remember reading about it at some point during MaGLx2.
Yeah, I know. Hopefully it won't be TOO much of a problem at this point, since there aren't many levels yet.
(...mental to-do list: make an SMBX save file updater program...)

New version (1 more finished level, Star Pillar Sanctuary equivalent, and some minor changes): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6tQJy8hpM9URUR2WDA1ZnU0aFU/view?usp=sharing
(old version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6tQJy8hpM9UVnFCUWdCZHZBcU0/view?usp=sharing)

(I edited the link in the OP to the new version; should I do that?)

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 12th, 2015, 7:05 am

chridd wrote:(I edited the link in the OP to the new version; should I do that?)

It's definitely a good idea because most people when they first come in will download from the op if it catches their interest. You should also post with updated versions separately like you did though for people who are up to date on the thread.
💙💙💙

Return to “Exhibition Alley”