New LP Suggestions?

The fabled art of 'let's play' is nigh tangible here. Got an LP you're just itching to share? Or maybe you just want to make snarky comments about someone's bad playing? That kind of thing goes here!
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Re: New LP Suggestions?

Postby EarthPhantomTS » January 19th, 2015, 10:08 pm

Oh hey, if Iso's ever in the mood for more Zelda Classic shenanigans, might I recommend Hero of Dreams? Or maybe Isle of Rebirth? They're both really amazing quests that push the limits of what ZC can do, as well as quite challenging. Isle of Rebirth especially is a quest where you will die. A lot.

I don't know, seeing my favorite LPer play my favorite ZC quests would just be heaven for me. Only thing that could top that is having violent sex with my waifu while watching every episode.

(Oh, if he ever plays Hero of Dreams, he should tell the creator, MBWChampion, about it. Since MBWChampion has said he wants to watch every LP of his game)
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Absolut Zero
Site Developer

Postby Absolut Zero » January 20th, 2015, 6:18 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Oh hey, if Iso's ever in the mood for more Zelda Classic shenanigans, might I recommend Hero of Dreams? Or maybe Isle of Rebirth? They're both really amazing quests that push the limits of what ZC can do, as well as quite challenging. Isle of Rebirth especially is a quest where you will die. A lot.

I don't know, seeing my favorite LPer play my favorite ZC quests would just be heaven for me. Only thing that could top that is having violent sex with my waifu while watching every episode.

(Oh, if he ever plays Hero of Dreams, he should tell the creator, MBWChampion, about it. Since MBWChampion has said he wants to watch every LP of his game)

I am all for more ZC content! That was an awesome LP and there are SO many more options to choose from. I played hero of dreams a LONG time ago, and thought it was pretty good. I never played Isle of rebirth, but looking at the screenshots/comments it does seem more difficult then hero of dreams.

Also on a side related note, does every post you make have to have some sexual reference in it? Isn't there a name for that kind of disorder? Being a teenager or something? :P (I'm j/k here, post however and whatever you want :) )

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » January 20th, 2015, 5:13 pm

Absolut Zero wrote:Also on a side related note, does every post you make have to have some sexual reference in it? Isn't there a name for that kind of disorder? Being a teenager or something? :P (I'm j/k here, post however and whatever you want :) )

Hey, I'll have you know I'm older than Iso :P (I won't say how much older, though)! Also, I think it's called being a nymphomaniac or something ;).

Anyway, back on topic, yeah, Isle of Rebirth is definitely harder than Hero of Dreams. Though I think you can set up an "easy mode" for IoR if you want to. I haven't really played it yet though, so I don't know how much easier it is if you do it :/. Though, that being said, I don't really know if Iso's interested in doing more ZC stuffs yet.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » January 20th, 2015, 7:55 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:(I won't say how much older, though)

EarthPhantom confirmed for being like 50 years old.
💙💙💙

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » February 5th, 2015, 2:21 am

Glorious trainwreck incoming
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 5th, 2015, 2:25 am

For some reason I interpreted this literally and thought you were going to play a game about wrecking trains. My mind instantly jumped to Roller Coaster Tycoon. Which i would have been fine with.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » February 5th, 2015, 2:25 am

Add it to the stream list

Absolut Zero
Site Developer

Postby Absolut Zero » February 5th, 2015, 8:15 am

Isocitration wrote:Glorious trainwreck incoming

Trainwrecks are exciting :bloodtrail:

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » February 5th, 2015, 9:56 am

Was gonna upload it tonight, but the file size is quite large. Gonna rerender it using different settings and hope it's smaller.

Also question: Does anyone actually watch videos in 60 fps on youtube or should I not bother wasting my time and resources making videos at said fps?

Rhihad

Postby Rhihad » February 5th, 2015, 10:36 am

I personally don't see any point in the 60 fps videos, yet I've never been one for fancy graphics and fast cars per say. I'd say you're perfectly fine as you are aisou-senpai.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 5th, 2015, 11:10 am

Isocitration wrote:Was gonna upload it tonight, but the file size is quite large. Gonna rerender it using different settings and hope it's smaller.

Also question: Does anyone actually watch videos in 60 fps on youtube or should I not bother wasting my time and resources making videos at said fps?

I appreciate it but if it adds a Brazilian years to your upload time don't, I don't omega super metroid appreciate it

EDIT: *bajillion *mondo
testing out new phone keyboard with its own autocorrect dictionary
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » February 5th, 2015, 11:22 am

My rerender attempt ended up adding a bit to the file size. (...) Well, hopefully youtube will take it. Not sure what the limit is these days. Haven't uploaded anything over a gig since the HL2 days. If youtube doesn't take it I'll rerender at 30 fps I guess.

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » February 5th, 2015, 11:43 am

YOU SHOULD PLAY GUBBLE 2 ON HARD
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 5th, 2015, 2:26 pm

Isocitration wrote:My rerender attempt ended up adding a bit to the file size. (...) Well, hopefully youtube will take it. Not sure what the limit is these days. Haven't uploaded anything over a gig since the HL2 days. If youtube doesn't take it I'll rerender at 30 fps I guess.

You know I said what I said and I stand by it, but I don't think I can watch this game...
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 5th, 2015, 2:30 pm

Isocitration wrote:Also question: Does anyone actually watch videos in 60 fps on youtube or should I not bother wasting my time and resources making videos at said fps?

Firefox users can't currently view 60fps video. In fact those of us who have the experimental features enabled to properly support Youtube's html5 player (they're not going to be enabled by default until an update near the end of this month iirc) can't really watch 60fps videos at all because there's no non-60fps versions available for the same framerates and they have a really bad habit of hanging about 20 seconds in then refusing to ever load past that point. Once it does work properly for everyone though it would be a nice addition but isn't necessary. We're all used to 30fps Youtube videos anyways. I think that higher resolution videos are a bit more important than higher framerate videos currently.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 5th, 2015, 2:57 pm

Alice wrote:
Isocitration wrote:Also question: Does anyone actually watch videos in 60 fps on youtube or should I not bother wasting my time and resources making videos at said fps?

Firefox users can't currently view 60fps video. In fact those of us who have the experimental features enabled to properly support Youtube's html5 player (they're not going to be enabled by default until an update near the end of this month iirc) can't really watch 60fps videos at all because there's no non-60fps versions available for the same framerates and they have a really bad habit of hanging about 20 seconds in then refusing to ever load past that point. Once it does work properly for everyone though it would be a nice addition but isn't necessary. We're all used to 30fps Youtube videos anyways. I think that higher resolution videos are a bit more important than higher framerate videos currently.

I can on firefox. Albeit ff built on linux is a bit of a different animal... our flash is even like 9 years old so we've been using html5 since forever... but I've been using it to watch slowbeef's sonic 2006... "lp"... thing... and it's been a really noticable difference from otherwise

<tovakj> yes

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 5th, 2015, 3:34 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:I can on firefox. Albeit ff built on linux is a bit of a different animal... our flash is even like 9 years old so we've been using html5 since forever... but I've been using it to watch slowbeef's sonic 2006... "lp"... thing... and it's been a really noticable difference from otherwise

Windows Firefox at least still has some issues. Mozzarella had to handle the drm portion of the Media Source Extension stuff differently than other browsers or else they would have been forced to make Firefox closed source which kinda goes against their beliefs. They're still finishing it up though so if you manually enable the stuff in the stable channel it doesn't work quite correctly yet. It has a few issues such as really struggling with 60fps videos, you can't really seek properly because it will often cause the video to hang. It also isn't fully compatible with Magic Actions for Youtube but that one is a matter of Magic Actions not being updated for it yet. (Nothing major there though either. Just using Magic Actions' resizing options for the video doesn't resize the progress bar properly so it ends up shorter than it should. Also the volume overlay when you're using Magic Action's mouse wheel volume control option doesn't show up if you're fullscreened but considering that with the flash player you couldn't even use the mouse wheel volume control in full screen this is still actually an improvement.)
💙💙💙

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » February 6th, 2015, 1:50 am

So since the 60fps option isn't even there for the video (I read that it only gets enabled if a lot of motion is detected?) I probably won't bother recording at 60fps anymore, at least for this game.

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » February 13th, 2015, 6:57 pm

How about Gah 2?
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 13th, 2015, 7:03 pm

Jolpengammler wrote:How about Gah 2?

Come on Jolpe, we said:

Absolut Zero wrote:Do you have an amazing game that Iso hasn't played yet and just know that he will love it? Why not make a post about it?
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » February 13th, 2015, 8:11 pm

Get a ps1, or psp emulator working and play medieval on my birthday (Feb 18th)
A man of many voices

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 13th, 2015, 8:28 pm

Medievil you mean?

#shootitinthemouth

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » February 13th, 2015, 9:31 pm

Sarusig wrote:Medievil you mean?

Autocorrect is evil
A man of many voices

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 15th, 2015, 10:51 pm

I remembered something while reading the comments for Iso's Kiwi 64 video. Namely, he should totally play Conker's Bad Fur Day. Especially since I would have a field day with that game >:) :theart:! I've been working hard on that, but his channel's still not obscene enough. Maybe that game, and my commentary on that game, will push it over the edge?

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 15th, 2015, 10:59 pm

Co-op LP of Conker's do it you guys!

#shootitinthemouth

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 15th, 2015, 11:32 pm

Sarusig wrote:Co-op LP of Conker's do it you guys!

Sigh...I wish I could. My commentary will have to be text, though :undecided: .

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 15th, 2015, 11:44 pm

Iso ft Microsoft Sam, as written live by Earth.

#shootitinthemouth

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » February 16th, 2015, 12:01 am

[anchor=]
EarthPhantomTS wrote:

I would suppose that all you would need is a USB microphone and a stand, the former being about 20 dead american presidents and the latter could be engineered using a cereal box.

Unless you have some really bad speech impediment...or there is something else I'm not considering, like the people in the building won't like you yapping at the computer screen for a couple hours.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 16th, 2015, 12:19 am

Zummorr wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:

I would suppose that all you would need is a USB microphone and a stand, the former being about 20 dead american presidents and the latter could be engineered using a cereal box.

Unless you have some really bad speech impediment...or there is something else I'm not considering, like the people in the building won't like you yapping at the computer screen for a couple hours.

Look, I'd rather not have anyone hear my real voice on the Internet. I hate it, it sounds awful, I honestly sound like a guy, and besides, 95% of the time I'd be deathly quiet anyway :tangry: .

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 16th, 2015, 12:23 am

Zummorr wrote:[anchor=]
EarthPhantomTS wrote:

A bunch of the peeps here are not too keen on voice convo. It's a bit of a shame really, but that's how it is.

#shootitinthemouth

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 16th, 2015, 12:37 am

chat to sam sounds like a good idea, let's run with that

<tovakj> yes

pholtos

Postby pholtos » February 16th, 2015, 1:17 am

I'm too shy to have my voice heard. :kappa:

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 16th, 2015, 1:18 am

Oh that's a shame. I'm sure you'd be a great LPer.

#shootitinthemouth

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario
Location: IDK I think it was like a pocket dimension or somethin

Postby Lead Luigi » February 16th, 2015, 2:18 am

pholtos wrote:I'm too shy to have my voice heard. :kappa:

That's right nerd, cower in your self doubt. :kappa:
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 16th, 2015, 2:46 am

Oh hah, hah, very funny. You big meanie :tangry: .

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » February 16th, 2015, 7:52 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:

You are fine with typing out the lewdest and silliest nonsense? But scarred to poke at the idea of co-commentating with an LPer you enjoy?

iirc aren't both Iso and Raocow both pretty shy as well in RLs?

I think I've poked enough at the matter. I apologize if I sound pushy. It is your choice.

pholtos

Postby pholtos » February 16th, 2015, 7:31 pm

Truth is irl I'd rather watch birds than socialize at a party.
(This actually happened sometime in December of last year.)

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 16th, 2015, 10:49 pm

Zummorr wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:

You are fine with typing out the lewdest and silliest nonsense? But scarred to poke at the idea of co-commentating with an LPer you enjoy?

iirc aren't both Iso and Raocow both pretty shy as well in RLs?

I think I've poked enough at the matter. I apologize if I sound pushy. It is your choice.

Honestly, there's a very good reason I'm keeping my voice private, and it has nothing to do with that.

It's because...well...umm...let's just say it's not just because I'm a pansexual lesbian that I support LGBT rights.

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario
Location: IDK I think it was like a pocket dimension or somethin

Postby Lead Luigi » February 17th, 2015, 1:57 am

Any Fire Emblem game would be a good game for streaming. I've had a good time with them lately.
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

potato_sniff
Cousin Janet

Postby potato_sniff » February 17th, 2015, 5:30 am

Lead Luigi wrote:Any Fire Emblem game would be a good game for streaming. I've had a good time with them lately.

super robot wars so aiso can be a mech pilot again

Return to “LP Smackdown 20-0-10”