So who here is vehicularly impaired?

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
Zummorr

So who here is vehicularly impaired?

Postby Zummorr » March 2nd, 2015, 7:06 am

In this great modern world of ours we need to need to face facts and charge at our problems with the specified hand tools a sacred cow ordanes.

One obstacle though is that if your problem is a few miles away you probably need a car to give it a noggin.

I for one am vehicularly impaired...hooray...it kinda sucks.

Don't suffer from Lack of Vehicle Syndrome, go get your license.

pholtos

Re: So who here is vehicularly impaired?

Postby pholtos » March 2nd, 2015, 7:29 am

At this point in time, I am. My sis is borrowing the car that I typically use and is rather far away. So if I ever need to go driving I end up having to use one of the other cars, which in turn is a pain since I'm used to mine.

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » March 2nd, 2015, 7:58 am

pholtos wrote:At this point in time, I am. My sis is borrowing the car that I typically use and is rather far away. So if I ever need to go driving I end up having to use one of the other cars, which in turn is a pain since I'm used to mine.

The worst part is when you get it back it will be filled with stuff that isn't yours!

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 2nd, 2015, 9:01 am

I have my license. I don't have a car currently though. I ended up selling it to help pay the down payment on our house since I didn't have any insurance at the time anyways. (And actually got 4x what I paid for it. My ex-stepdad paid $930 at an auction for it and when he split up with my mom I traded him a trailer he'd pressured me into buying that I paid $550 for straight across for it. We sold it for about $1800.) Kinda disappointed I had to get rid of it though. I really liked that car.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » March 2nd, 2015, 12:26 pm

EDIT: Man I sound rude. Didn't mean to be. But I get a lot of crap for this and it's something I feel strongly about it. Sorry

I get overwhelmed very easily. And I have bad distance judgment. But more than anything I often have this issue where I'll be looking at something all of a sudden nothing "makes sense". I'll know what I was looking at because I was just looking at it, but it's like my mind loses it's natural ability to see angles or recognized things, and I usually have to rely on my ears.

My cousins have died because of bad drivers. Just three years ago my aunt lost a grandson to guy going 60 in a neighborhood. My uncle died because of driving irresponsibly. His son killed himself a few months ago in the same set of trees that took his dad because he believed they'd meet in heaven.

So I'm sorry. I'm going to refuse to listen to a 70 year old who slams the breaks whenever she notices a car slowly pulling up to a driveway two lights away, who has a nauseating "slamming breaks xor speeding". I'm not going to listen to a guy who drives at a consistent 10 miles over the speed limit, has totaled more cars than I've been in, and who's spent 3/4s of his life driving under the influence. And I'm not taking the advice of a woman who still drives under the influence.

I'm not killing people. I'm not gonna kill someone's pet. Leave me the fuck alone.
Last edited by Tovarisch Red Yoshi on March 2nd, 2015, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » March 2nd, 2015, 2:22 pm

Have a licence, and have driven on both sides of the road (freakin' Brits).

Though right now I'm living in Paris, which makes a car more of a burden than a convenience. Public transportation system uber alles.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

Ashan

Postby Ashan » March 2nd, 2015, 3:15 pm

I probably wouldn't have a license if it wasn't for my parents basically forcing me to get one, and I'm kinda glad they did.

In September 2013, my parents just booked me a driving exam at the end of the month, so it basically forced me to learn everything in the month and it finally came time to take the exam and I got it on my first try.
So yeah, I currently have my Novice 2 license, and I should be getting my full license... Next month I think?
► Show Spoiler

Aposke
Location: Take my post count and subtract 400. That's how many good posts I've made

Postby Aposke » March 2nd, 2015, 6:57 pm

I have a license and sometimes drive the family car. My uncle also has a camping van and I've driven that once. It's like 70/30 public transport/car for me. On long distances I almost always take the train because comfy and getting to watch nice landscapes.

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » March 2nd, 2015, 8:36 pm

I have a license and drive my own car :3
Pretty great, bought it with my own money even *_*
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 2nd, 2015, 8:46 pm

I've had my license since I turned sixteen. I hated having to rely on my parents for getting me around when they were so unreliable and made me late to work on more than one occasion. They did teach me standard when I was learning, but that was years ago and I typically drive an automatic.
I'm lucky enough to have had my own vehicles and it doesn't matter if it's a million dollar car or a rust bucket, my car is my baby. I lent my current vehicle, still new-ish (2013) to my roomie's family for a while because they didn't have the money to replate theirs and I regret it badly. It needs a clean out from top to bottom, the tires are worn to all hell (they managed to actually blow a tire driving on the highway recently), there's various damage (mostly small things but still annoy me), it was clearly smoked in at some point (I have a strict no smoking rule in my car) and an oil change is needed soon because of them. :c
I hated lending out my car before and now only people I absolutely know will not damage it only will be allowed to touch it.

My roomie can't drive. She knows how and is able, but because of her anxiety, she shouldn't. I chauffeur her everywhere, lmao.
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario
Location: IDK I think it was like a pocket dimension or somethin

Postby Lead Luigi » March 2nd, 2015, 8:53 pm

Me
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » March 2nd, 2015, 9:37 pm

Lead Luigi wrote:Me

You're not even old enough to own a bike.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » March 2nd, 2015, 10:23 pm

I wish there was a way to no-bump shit or such. I wanted to emphasize what I edited above. Sorry for being an ass.
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Lunatic Quark

Postby Lunatic Quark » March 2nd, 2015, 11:31 pm

I've had sort of a fear of driving for a while now, but it's something I know I'm probably gonna have to learn eventually. I took a driving course once way back in high school, but I never felt particularly comfortable with it...

Telamon

Postby Telamon » March 3rd, 2015, 3:27 am

I got fired from a job at Enterprise-Rent-A-Car for crashing too many vehicles, does that count?

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » March 3rd, 2015, 3:56 am

Telamon wrote:I got fired from a job at Enterprise-Rent-A-Car for crashing too many vehicles, does that count?

I think that is a type of impairment yes. Unless it was just a streak of unlucky coincidences. Aka other people suck

Telamon

Postby Telamon » March 5th, 2015, 1:59 am

nope, all me running into unmoving objects. I'm not the best with spacial awareness.

Sephiko

Postby Sephiko » March 6th, 2015, 7:29 am

I had a license a couple years back but had a near death experience that scared me off driving. Pretty much like that one scene in Dumb and Dumber when Lloyd stopped daydreaming and had a truck in his face.

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » March 6th, 2015, 9:20 am

Sephiko wrote:I had a license a couple years back but had a near death experience that scared me off driving. Pretty much like that one scene in Dumb and Dumber when Lloyd stopped daydreaming and had a truck in his face.

Wait, "had" a license? Do you guys have to pass an exam regularly or something?

#shootitinthemouth

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 6th, 2015, 9:23 am

Sarusig wrote:Wait, "had" a license? Do you guys have to pass an exam regularly or something?

I wish that was a thing here. Far far too many drivers here get their license then basically disregard a solid 2/3rds of the driver's manual. It's irritating as hell. How hard is it to actually USE your turn signal when you're trying to merge lanes? Kinda useful for letting everyone around who isn't a mind reader actually know what the freaking shit you're doing rather than suddenly cutting someone off and scaring the shit out of them because there was no warning.
💙💙💙

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » March 6th, 2015, 9:52 am

Alice wrote:
Sarusig wrote:Wait, "had" a license? Do you guys have to pass an exam regularly or something?

I wish that was a thing here. Far far too many drivers here get their license then basically disregard a solid 2/3rds of the driver's manual. It's irritating as hell. How hard is it to actually USE your turn signal when you're trying to merge lanes? Kinda useful for letting everyone around who isn't a mind reader actually know what the freaking shit you're doing rather than suddenly cutting someone off and scaring the shit out of them because there was no warning.

You know what's the worst with that? since everyone does it, if you don't do the same YOU end up being dangerous.

#shootitinthemouth

Mimakari

Postby Mimakari » March 7th, 2015, 10:00 pm

Maaaaaaan, who needs a car when you got legs? :tcool:

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » March 7th, 2015, 10:12 pm

Mimakari wrote:Maaaaaaan, who needs a car when you got legs? :tcool:

Nice ableism there! :kappa:

#shootitinthemouth

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 7th, 2015, 10:23 pm

Alice wrote:How hard is it to actually USE your turn signal when you're trying to merge lanes? Kinda useful for letting everyone around who isn't a mind reader actually know what the freaking shit you're doing rather than suddenly cutting someone off and scaring the shit out of them because there was no warning.

Difficult. You're asking for rocket science here. Time travel.
People really, really need to learn how to drive. I almost rear-ended some prick because I was going ~60km in the left lane and he moved from a dead stop in a line of cars right in front of me in the right lane, and my car was a boat at the time that just barely stopped in time for him by slamming on the brakes.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 7th, 2015, 10:41 pm

GlitchedGhost wrote:
Alice wrote:How hard is it to actually USE your turn signal when you're trying to merge lanes? Kinda useful for letting everyone around who isn't a mind reader actually know what the freaking shit you're doing rather than suddenly cutting someone off and scaring the shit out of them because there was no warning.

Difficult. You're asking for rocket science here. Time travel.
People really, really need to learn how to drive. I almost rear-ended some prick because I was going ~60km in the left lane and he moved from a dead stop in a line of cars right in front of me in the right lane, and my car was a boat at the time that just barely stopped in time for him by slamming on the brakes.

Speaking of hitting people because they're utter morons, back in 2009 I was moving from Portland to Idaho. My sister and I were driving from here in my car and my father's small pickup with some of my stuff. We were like 2/3rds of the way there in the middle of freaking nowhere in southeastern Washington at about 3:30am. We hadn't seen another car in like an hour and we come up to this T-intersection. We're on the straight bit on a green light with someone waiting on the side street for their light to turn green. My sister's just about in the intersection and all of a sudden the asshole comes speeding out right in front of her and nearly took her out. If she hadn't slammed on the breaks he would have sideswiped her.

I dunno what is so difficult about just driving cautiously. If you're going to drive in a reckless manner do so where no one but yourself will be in any danger. That's what I used to do when I messed around. Although there was that one time I took a turn at 70MPH because my friend who I was driving to work was complaining about my driving. He never complained again, lol. (I wasn't even driving badly in the first place, he just wasn't used to riding with me so to him it felt like we were going faster than we actually were to him.)

Edit: There was also the time I was driving up a road that was two lanes in either direction but merged to one in either direction. There was only one lane at the point I was to but there was still just enough room for someone to squeeze past me nearly clipping me in the process. Obviously I honked my horn at them being retarded. They pulled off the road later down and tried to get me to stop. When I didn't they freaking called the police on me saying I sped past a school bus with its stop sign out.
💙💙💙

Mimakari

Postby Mimakari » March 8th, 2015, 2:10 am

Sarusig wrote:
Mimakari wrote:Maaaaaaan, who needs a car when you got legs? :tcool:

Nice ableism there! :kappa:

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 8th, 2015, 2:59 am

Alice wrote:Speaking of hitting people because they're utter morons, back in 2009 I was moving from Portland to Idaho. My sister and I were driving from here in my car and my father's small pickup with some of my stuff. We were like 2/3rds of the way there in the middle of freaking nowhere in southeastern Washington at about 3:30am. We hadn't seen another car in like an hour and we come up to this T-intersection. We're on the straight bit on a green light with someone waiting on the side street for their light to turn green. My sister's just about in the intersection and all of a sudden the asshole comes speeding out right in front of her and nearly took her out. If she hadn't slammed on the breaks he would have sideswiped her.

I dunno what is so difficult about just driving cautiously. If you're going to drive in a reckless manner do so where no one but yourself will be in any danger. That's what I used to do when I messed around. Although there was that one time I took a turn at 70MPH because my friend who I was driving to work was complaining about my driving. He never complained again, lol. (I wasn't even driving badly in the first place, he just wasn't used to riding with me so to him it felt like we were going faster than we actually were to him.)

Edit: There was also the time I was driving up a road that was two lanes in either direction but merged to one in either direction. There was only one lane at the point I was to but there was still just enough room for someone to squeeze past me nearly clipping me in the process. Obviously I honked my horn at them being retarded. They pulled off the road later down and tried to get me to stop. When I didn't they freaking called the police on me saying I sped past a school bus with its stop sign out.

Hearing stories like this always reminds me how terrible people are. I'm glad you guys got out unharmed.
But idk, people make out driving a lot harder than it is. Like yeah, you're powering a half a tonne vehicle, but when you know you're in control and how to react, it's not that hard. And being patient, cautious, and alert is really all you need to do, and you should be okay.
Obviously everyone is different, and people can't drive for various reasons (like health ones), but if you're healthy, it shouldn't be that hard.

I one time almost got t-boned by some douchecanoe who made a left hand turn when he should've waited. Same boaty vehicle, had to slam on the breaks to not hit him. :kappa:b

metasomnia

Postby metasomnia » March 21st, 2015, 10:33 pm

I am!

I would like to get a license and car but money and effort.

I'll be sticking with walking for the foreseeable future.
Have a literal signature:

GanonTEK

Postby GanonTEK » July 21st, 2015, 9:51 pm

I just got my license a few months ago.
I don't have my own car yet but I borrow one of my parents cars sometimes. My sister bought a car recently so she isn't hogging the other car all the time now which is good.

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » July 21st, 2015, 9:54 pm

I can never get behind a wheel without panicking like a baby
A man of many voices

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » July 21st, 2015, 10:28 pm

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:I can never get behind a wheel without panicking like a baby

Don't panic when driving recklessly. Good way to wrap yourself around a tree or something.

Speaking of which I'm surprised I never wrapped my last car around a tree seeing as I slid off a ten foot embankment on a gravel road going about 60mph in the middle of the forest. I didn't panic which probably helped but the fact I managed to avoid all the trees before coming to a stop was sheer luck, lol. (To be fair I wasn't being reckless, it was just a bout of atrocious luck. It was a road I drove on just about a daily basis so I was very familiar with it but the county came in and grated the road for the first time in literally years which is where they pack the gravel down but it leaves a very loose layer of gravel on top of this making it pretty similar to an iced over road.)
💙💙💙

ParmaJon

Postby ParmaJon » October 27th, 2015, 2:25 pm

I own a car but have no license or permit.
I do things at ParmaJon's Pizza Palace and on my own channel. Also sarcasm everywhere.

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » September 22nd, 2016, 10:15 am

Oh I actually got my driver's license. so that happened.

ParmaJon

Postby ParmaJon » October 9th, 2016, 4:09 pm

ive had no car for the past week cuz my transmission broke but now its fixed and im super happy...except for the thousand dollars i had to pay.
I do things at ParmaJon's Pizza Palace and on my own channel. Also sarcasm everywhere.

Glitch

Postby Glitch » October 9th, 2016, 8:19 pm

I dread the day I start having to fork out on repair bills for my 2013 Civic.
It's still running well, but I know it's probably gonna happen eventually.

ParmaJon

Postby ParmaJon » October 12th, 2016, 9:43 pm

Best of luck to you, it isnt fun at all.

Return to “General Perversion”