Dreaming Together

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Re: Dreaming Together

Postby Isocitration » May 26th, 2015, 3:27 am

Lead Luigi wrote:Sounds more fun than most of my dreams.

They always end with me waking up during the start of the climax :kappa:

omg me too
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » May 26th, 2015, 3:52 am

Cleanup your sheets, heathans
A man of many voices

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » June 9th, 2015, 12:59 am

I had a bit of a weird and seemingly completely random dream last night. I was living in some sort of post-apocalyptic setting where Earth had better technology than we did and even space ships. The dream never addressed what happened but some sort of battle or war or something happened which took out the spaceships and sent a ton of them crashing to the ground. For some reason during all of this we lost the ability to make a lot of advanced stuff. The dream ended before I could completely piece it together but the government that was left didn't want to progress back to how they were for some reason while the terrorist group that they were fighting simply wanted to retrieve parts from the ships on this mountain near where we lived to get the ship at their location back up and working.

It was interesting because this place was less a mountain than really it was a massive rocky spire that was apparently very volcanic. The entire place was always shrouded in a smokey red haze. I can't remember the exact details from my dream but while the government wanted to stop people from progressing back to where they were they also gave the public impression that they supported this so they would allow limited access to the ships to research them and whatnot. There was only one other static character other than me who was one of these people researching the ships. I dunno why I was there but while we were on one of the ships something happened. The ship was embedded into the rock face so it was fairly stable but we still had to be careful. There were a fair few of us in total on the ship but something caused the cliff face the ship was embedded in to start collapsing and crushing sections of the ship.

I took the person I was with and we ran to a nearby ventilation shaft (I think, it may have been something else because there was an actual room behind the grate but it otherwise seemed like some sort of ventilation shaft) and after going through this we somehow ended up coming out of the bottom of the ship's hull which resulted in me using some weird tool which was sort of like a one hooked grappling hook on the end of a stiff chain (it looked like a chain but acted as if it were one solid piece) to hook into the soft parts of the cliff face and climbing up to the more level parts above the ship. Once we got there we started trying to head back to the normal entrance of the ship to try and regroup with everyone. We kept seeing all these heavily armed guys wearing red armor though. (They were those "terrorists" I mentioned earlier.) We barely managed to evade them (though in the process bringing down chunks of the cliff face and ship from being seen and getting shot at) but eventually made it back home.

After getting back we managed to piece together that the government didn't actually want us to advance back to where we were. We ended up escaping there and managed to not just run into those "terrorists" but ended up running right into their leader who told us their goal and offered us the chance to work with them. Nothing else actually happened after that because I woke up. It was a really weird and random dream though. I haven't even watched anything space related in awhile.
💙💙💙

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » June 9th, 2015, 1:42 am

At least it seems you have interesting dreams! I can never remember them and if I do it was just bs anyways...
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » June 29th, 2015, 4:53 pm

Well last night I dreamed that I was in a class with some people from all my old classes (I was in many different ones)
Nothing special happened but at one point I realized it was a dream so I told everyone, but they were all pissed because "What? Am I not existing or what, you asshole" and stuff like that.
Nothing spectacular but a bit weird.
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » June 29th, 2015, 11:06 pm

I had a weird occurrence in my dream last night. I can't really remember most of the dream other than that I was listening to the radio or something and this song came on that in the dream I considered really creepy for some reason but listened to it anyway. As soon as it started playing the sound suddenly started coming from right behind me instead of the speakers at which point I spun around (thus rolling over into the wall irl) and woke up, lol.
💙💙💙

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario
Location: IDK I think it was like a pocket dimension or somethin

Postby Lead Luigi » July 8th, 2015, 7:14 pm

Oh man.
My dreams tonight had these 20 stones of power (maybe it was 10? Idr) that I swear I had in a previous dream. In the past they were combined into one giant power stone and used to vanquish evil with an awesome beam of light. Now we just sort of had them and messed around a little.

I also has another one about busses and field trips that felt really familiar, and one more where I was in a racing game.
It was a fun night of sleeping :opieop:
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » July 15th, 2015, 12:34 am

I actually dreamed I had a magical weapon that could possibly destroy the world. And I was playing with it. It was actually pretty fun. Though usually when I have these sorts of dreams, there's a sexual component (like I'm a giantess or something, and I flood the Earth with my girl-juices), here there wasn't really. It was just, "Hey, I have this wand that can shoot deadly blasts, as well as an opportunity to use it to destroy the Earth. Let's do it :theart:! But first, I wanna have my fun with this baby :theart:!"

Yeah, my subconscious is pretty heavily evil-aligned. Especially since the only "atypical" part of this dream was that it wasn't sexual at all. Part of being a demoness at heart, I guess :undecided: .
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » July 15th, 2015, 12:11 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Yeah, my subconscious is pretty heavily evil-aligned.

This isn't actually unusual for people who have had a hard life but are still generally pretty nice people publicly. Kinda serves as an outlet for their frustrations in a way. (I have no idea if that's actually true in your case though.)
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » July 16th, 2015, 12:59 am

I dreamt that I was a Muslim leading a group of about 1000 on a hajj. The tribe leader gave me the honour of taking the first step into Mecca, and I was afraid I was gonna burst into flames, because deep down I didn't really believe and was only living as a Muslim because his daughter was the Layla to my Majnun.

This is apparently what I dream of when I fall asleep to Grup Yorum
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » July 17th, 2015, 1:25 am

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Yeah, my subconscious is pretty heavily evil-aligned.

This isn't actually unusual for people who have had a hard life but are still generally pretty nice people publicly. Kinda serves as an outlet for their frustrations in a way. (I have no idea if that's actually true in your case though.)

Well, I'd believe it :tsad2: :tangry: . Considering how much I hate my life and all.

...But, where'd you hear about that :tsurprise: ? Do you remember?
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » July 17th, 2015, 3:22 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Well, I'd believe it :tsad2: :tangry: . Considering how much I hate my life and all.

...But, where'd you hear about that :tsurprise: ? Do you remember?

The psychology class I took back in highschool actually went over some stuff like that. Also going on my personal experience as well.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » July 17th, 2015, 1:53 pm

Alice wrote:The psychology class I took back in highschool actually went over some stuff like that. Also going on my personal experience as well.

*is a bit disappointed* Oh, okay.

...Say, do you know if this has a name? Cause I now want to look it up. You got my curiosity piqued.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » July 17th, 2015, 3:25 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:*is a bit disappointed* Oh, okay.

...Say, do you know if this has a name? Cause I now want to look it up. You got my curiosity piqued.

Unfortunately I can't recall because this was like ten years ago now. I do know it was related to schadenfreude though so that's a place to start if you want to try to find it on your own.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » August 20th, 2015, 10:17 pm

I had a bit of an odd dream. I can't remember all of the beginning anymore but for some reason I was in Russia with some person who I apparently knew but who I don't recognize. We ended up in the field behind some government building and saw what looked like an enormous tower hanging from the sky. It was really hard to tell just how enormous it was but I'd estimate it at 1-2000 feet off the ground and it was at least 300 feet across. The tower looked more or less like this:
except it was upside down, far larger, was fancier than that, I don't think it had that little spire on the top or else it was far smaller in comparison to the tower, and it was also incomplete with a lot of scaffolding around the roof. (On one side a large chunk of the scaffolding was hanging away from the roof too.) Eventually it turned out it wasn't hanging from the sky though. It was part of an incredibly massive cathedral off in the woods. Across the field was a 3 lane highway with the peak of the tower being about 50-100 feet into the field from the highway. The tower was attached to the cathedral through a sort of flying buttress construction which was on the exact opposite side of where I was viewing the tower and since it was initially at night when I saw it, I couldn't see the rest of the cathedral in the distance. When I first saw it I was probably a quarter mile or so from the location of the tower which was approximately half way between me and the cathedral. hen I saw it during the day though I was able to just see the cathedral off in the woods. (The trees in the woods were massive now that I think on it. Even the ones on the side of the road were massive pine trees that easily had 6 foot diameter trunks.) I was also able to see off in the distance on either side of the cathedral two other portions of the cathedral with more of the towers. I can't even begin to estimate how big this would make the cathedral though because these two other portions were on the edges of the woods.

Edit: Oh yeah. It was odd timing to remember a dream for once since around the last time I posted here. Oddly my family's coffee pot wore out today since between the three of us we drink way too much coffee. (My stepdad especially, he can drink a full pot by himself in an hour.) This totally has nothing to do with the dream but it's weird timing since I don't often remember my dreams and we even more rarely (three times so far) have our coffee pot die.
💙💙💙

Aposke
Location: Take my post count and subtract 400. That's how many good posts I've made

Postby Aposke » August 23rd, 2015, 8:20 pm

Last night I dreamt that someone stole my car while I was in town.
But I still had my keys with me, so I tried unlocking it and see if maybe they simply hid it somewhere. And indeed, I could hear the doors unlocking just around the corner, from inside a small alleyway. So I check there, and sure enough, locked behind a large gate, there's my car. Standing on the side of a gravel path leading up a really steep hill, for whatever reason. So I figure "Okay, before whoever stole it comes back and attacks me, I better call the police before trying to break in and get it back, that way I'll have backup!". So I hastily call 911 and then hide until I can hear the sirens. I then get ready to climb the gates, but just in that moment, two guys with machine guns step out and start firing at the policemen who've lined up behind me. I quickly go into hiding again (I was hiding behind one of those concrete road block things, I think) while the police gun the two guys down. After a few seconds of this, the shots quiet down, and I lift my head again to check if I'm safe.
The police are busy arresting the dead guys, and both the gate and my car are nowhere in sight. Instead, I'm now on a big main road sitting next to a coffee shop. I'm not really sure what happened next, but I eventually found my car again. It was just parked somewhere else.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » August 24th, 2015, 1:07 am

I dreamt the baby from i think the third alien movie broke into my room, crawled over me, and was beating me while screaming

I blame the pickled curry cauliflower cabbage salad I ate before bed
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » September 5th, 2015, 3:33 pm

I was standing in a puddle of rose water. Like the taste of kulfi was on my tongue. A rose petal fell on me. But it stung. Soon my skin was swelling. It started flaking off, only it was more rose petals. I panicked and touched it but then my hands started become petals. I touched elsewhere on my arms before realizing. But I decayed. Into rose petals

śiva pls

<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » September 10th, 2015, 9:08 pm

I dreamt I went into waay too much detail explaining the etymology of enough, to a bunch of kids who asked me to, dammit.

basically, there's two parts.

The first part goes back to PIE *ḱn and *ḱōm, meaning "with", so like for collective ideas. Both suffixes are virtually untouched in Latin - ḱ became /k/ (spelled c) due to centumization and the syllabic *n grew a short o. Long ō became u, so you had con- and cum. You'll see it in lots of collective words, like collect (con_lect with assimilation, with+ past of legere/to gather), congratulations (with+grace (source of gracias)+lat (to move) + tion (abstract noun), 'withgracemoveships', correct, with_right). There's also a word like conjoin, which comes from old French conjoint, from conjonct, from latin conjungt, "with+join", going back to PIE as ḱn·yunǵ, or convent, going back to ḱnwént, with+come or with+arrive.

Slavic is fun to look at: ḱ became s and ǵ became z during satemization: sn, som, with ḱnyung becoming sn-yunz and ḱnwent becoming sn-went. Slavic then nasalized the vowels (after like latin putting short os before syllabic ns) so you got sǫ-yųz and sǫ-węt. ę broke into ye (IPA /je/) in Russian (still ę in Polish I think) and that encouraged w to become v so it could be palatized. The other nasal vowels don't matter for these words, but it's interesting to note the Soyuz Soviet in SSSR/Russian name of the Soviet Union is cognate to Conjoined (union) Convent(ional, of the convention which is how the language was calling the soviets or gatherings of worker's councils (a word with it's own con with u due to Norman being weird, concillare with+to call) for civic governance).

Anyways Germanic following Grimm's law turned it into something like *xen and *xom; Verner's law, only affecting unstressed syllables turned it into the buzzed equivalent (like z to s but to the ch sound of loch or Bach). But this sound was the same sound g was making, so they were spelled *gen and *gom. Nasalization also happened in Germanic, and then these prefixes being in unstressed environments encouraged them to become *ge. *ge was used all over the place in Germanic, surviving almost unchanged into modern German, as in Gesteine, which is the uncountable kind of stone (as a material; it's made of stone), or on virtually every past tense of a verb (haben "to have" > hat gehaben "had had", sehen "to see" > gesehen "seen").

English used to have it too, but something called the anglo-saxon palatization happened, meaning g before i and e was pronounced like a y consonant; year was, with a slightly different vowel, spelled gear as in geardagum days of yore; the g in dag became our y in day; moneg became money, weg became wey which was respelled way (whence Norway/Norwegian). And so going into middle English this prefix became pronounced yi-, and was just spelled y-; like yronne, the past tense of run used in Chaucer's canturbury tales.

We're not too sure about the nug that became noog, nook, and so on in the Germanic languages, but we're pretty sure it meant "reached" being related to Old Irish tánaic ‎(“he arrived”), Latin nancisci ‎(“to get”), Lithuanian nèšti ‎(“to carry”), Albanian kënaq ‎(“to please, satisfy”), or Ancient Greek ἐνεγκεῖν ‎(enenkeîn, “to carry”).

So in German we just have genug (said like genook) for enough. Gut genug = good enough. Like I said for a long time g was pronounced soft in a lot of positions, so genug (spelled the same) would be in middle English ynugh or ynough in a more French spelling. Then it's pretty much just a straight tough word, "uh-nuff". In Scots, a close cousin of English, it's actually eneuch (uh-nyuch with the loch ch), almost retaining the sound like in old English exactly.

But when ge- was not used for past participles (run, yronne, see, yseen) it wasn't usually clear where it came from, even in German for the most part. So it got treated inconsistently a lot. Ynough became Enough but ylike became alike, ylighte (actually a past participle! from to light) became alight, and so on (a-'s actually came from Norse). German's in kind of weird spot with it too, especially if the ge came before sounds more sonorant than g: gelike became geleik became g'leik became gleich, meaning something like same or equal. Course that inconsistency is more a standardization issue, in a lot of dialects every ge- contracts if it can, so like gesehen is oft g'sehen (and the h isn't pronounced, so it's basically gseen, "gzayn" to the standard "gezayen")

<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » September 11th, 2015, 10:47 am

I fell asleep way before I wanted to and woke up in different spurts to find either the power or just the net out

Anyways, I dreamt I saw Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet
[BBvideo=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3gHuBLf948[/BBvideo]

Pay attention to it, listen for
[BBvideo=560,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn24GND1aDc[/BBvideo]

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » September 20th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Dreamt I was playing some game involving space fairies. It seemed like it was some kind of 3d platformer/third person shooter that took place on a huge dilapidated space ship/station. Both the player and antagonist were human sized fairies, who had very stylistically lanky proportions. They fought with wands, though thinking about it, I only saw up to the approach of the final battle, where the final upgrade was (don't remember what it was, but it seemed combat oriented) and I don't recall seeing any enemies, so I can only speculate how combat actually worked. I don't remember much else other than it was apparently pretty difficult, due to the environmental hazards I assume.

It was pretty cool. If I had the ability I think I'd try to fill in the gaps and make it a reality somehow.
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

Glitch

Postby Glitch » September 29th, 2015, 10:34 pm

I dreamt last night that my new-ish car fell into a sinkhole with a bunch of other cars and got crushed.

I was really upset about it. I love my car...
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

ParmaJon

Postby ParmaJon » October 27th, 2015, 3:21 pm

GlitchedGhost wrote:I dreamt last night that my new-ish car fell into a sinkhole with a bunch of other cars and got crushed.

I was really upset about it. I love my car...

Oh noes!
I had the most mundane dream where my friends and I were trying on eachothers glasses. Then I realized I don't wear glasses and woke up on a cold sweat.
I do things at ParmaJon's Pizza Palace and on my own channel. Also sarcasm everywhere.

Glitch

Postby Glitch » October 27th, 2015, 10:09 pm

This morning I dreamt that agave syrup came from a bird called an agave. It looked like a dove, and apparently secreted the syrup every once in a while.

What the hell brain.

qazcake

Postby qazcake » October 28th, 2015, 2:20 pm

I had a weird dream a few months ago and this was weird because i rarely remember dreams i have when i do have them.

So I was working at a school as a music teacher.I was teaching the last class of the day and i decided to walk to the bus as i dont have a car.I was walking and suddenly i heard music and saw four guys dressed up as the beatles. They were playing somewhere near the Bus hub station.I walked forward as they were ending a song and i think the guy who was dressed as George reconciled with me. With a british accent no less. He sort of introduced me to the band members though i never found out if they were actualy the beatles or if these were some sort of unknown cover band. After like an hour we packed up our stuff and caught bus 3 as they lived somewhere more northward then i lived. We talked and they also sang music on the bus. Soon the bus came to my stop and i walked off and walked down the street and thats were the dream ended.

Glitch

Postby Glitch » October 31st, 2015, 11:35 pm

Dreamt that became a mod here. I then logged on at the Talkhaus and found out I was given a mod position without being asked.
It was really weird, though. Any time I went to go do anything mod-related (on the Talkhaus, at least), I had to play a weird mini-game before I could get to it.

...I've noticed that I only remember the general just of my dream and never many details. All of my dream posts have been short compared to others, haha.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 1st, 2015, 3:22 am

I had a kinda strange dream. Back between like 2000ish and 2004 my family lived in a tiny ass RV. For some reason I dreamed we were back there living in it again but for some reason the place we were living was infested with these 1-3" (~2.5-7.6cm) spiders. That wasn't a huge issue other than that they were literally everywhere on the ground (and only on the ground). The weird part is that if you disturbed them in any way they'd jump several feet through the air at you and they'd chase you too. They would chase you fast enough that the best you could do is keep up with them evenly. It was weird since I don't have a particular problem with spiders. Somehow that's not the weirdest part of the dream though. The weirdest part is there was some random people living in the RV's septic tank somehow and they shared that living space with a freaking polar bear???
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 1st, 2015, 5:29 am

Alice wrote:I had a kinda strange dream. Back between like 2000ish and 2004 my family lived in a tiny ass RV. For some reason I dreamed we were back there living in it again but for some reason the place we were living was infested with these 1-3" (~2.5-7.6cm) spiders. That wasn't a huge issue other than that they were literally everywhere on the ground (and only on the ground). The weird part is that if you disturbed them in any way they'd jump several feet through the air at you and they'd chase you too. They would chase you fast enough that the best you could do is keep up with them evenly. It was weird since I don't have a particular problem with spiders. Somehow that's not the weirdest part of the dream though. The weirdest part is there was some random people living in the RV's septic tank somehow and they shared that living space with a freaking polar bear???

At first it was like 'okay, sounds like a normal weird dream' and then I read the last part and burst out laughing. What the flying fuck. XD

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 1st, 2015, 5:37 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:At first it was like 'okay, sounds like a normal weird dream' and then I read the last part and burst out laughing. What the flying fuck. XD

Normally I at least have some vague idea of what a given dream stems from but I've got literally no idea here, lol. Especially that last bit. It was weird as hell.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 1st, 2015, 5:47 am

Alice wrote:Normally I at least have some vague idea of what a given dream stems from but I've got literally no idea here, lol. Especially that last bit. It was weird as hell.

I find my dreams more often than not stem from nothing. They're usually just random and weird.

I dreamt a while ago that my MaGLx level showed up, and then when I checked out raocow's video that day, my level came up! That was weird.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 1st, 2015, 5:59 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:I find my dreams more often than not stem from nothing. They're usually just random and weird.

I've had some really weird and out there dreams that seemingly had no basis in reality but more often than not there's at least some tangential connection to something that recently happened to me.
I dreamt a while ago that my MaGLx level showed up, and then when I checked out raocow's video that day, my level came up! That was weird.

Clearly you're psychic! You should put those powers to work and make a living off of it, lol.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 1st, 2015, 6:17 am

Alice wrote:I've had some really weird and out there dreams that seemingly had no basis in reality but more often than not there's at least some tangential connection to something that recently happened to me.

Nothing for me, usually. Occasional dreams about current happenings. Usually just weird and random.

Clearly you're psychic! You should put those powers to work and make a living off of it, lol.

If it happened more often maybe I could, haha. I dreamt when Wolfoltol's level came up (don't ask) and it came up that day, too.
I think I've had a couple of dreams like that, too, not that I can name any examples off the top of my head.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 1st, 2015, 6:19 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:Nothing for me, usually. Occasional dreams about current happenings. Usually just weird and random.

Weird and random dreams are good too though. They can create some interesting situations such as the one in my dream, lol.
If it happened more often maybe I could, haha. I dreamt when Wolfoltol's level came up (don't ask) and it came up that day, too.
I think I've had a couple of dreams like that, too, not that I can name any examples off the top of my head.

You should try predicting the winners of MaGLx2 and MaFAB!
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 1st, 2015, 6:30 am

Alice wrote:Weird and random dreams are good too though. They can create some interesting situations such as the one in my dream, lol.

And some of my above examples, although, those are pretty regular for me.
I dreamt once that I was a mage in a weird Skyrim-like universe, but there was a gas station nearby? And I was using the pole of a metal broom as a staff? It was weird, but hey, at least I was kicking ass.
I'm glad for my weird dreams, though; I haven't had a nightmare in years.

You should try predicting the winners of MaGLx2 and MaFAB!

If my dreams tell me anything, I'll post them. :o

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 1st, 2015, 6:40 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:And some of my above examples, although, those are pretty regular for me.
I dreamt once that I was a mage in a weird Skyrim-like universe, but there was a gas station nearby? And I was using the pole of a metal broom as a staff? It was weird, but hey, at least I was kicking ass.
I'm glad for my weird dreams, though; I haven't had a nightmare in years.

Gas station in a fantasy universe actually reminds me of one of my favorite books, lol. Yon Ill Wind by Piers Anthony is part of his Xanth series. Xanth is like a fantasy-based alternate version of Florida whose entire existence tends to be centered on puns. The book is specifically about a family who gets stuck in a hurricane in Florida in their RV and ends up in Xanth. Despite being a fantasy land they actually do find what's effectively a gas station. (Hilarious series by the way. Piers Anthony is a good writer and his puns are usually quite clever. You do have to be tolerant of perverted humor though. Most of his books tend to have quite a bit of it, lol.)
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 1st, 2015, 6:55 am

Alice wrote:Gas station in a fantasy universe actually reminds me of one of my favorite books, lol. Yon Ill Wind by Piers Anthony is part of his Xanth series. Xanth is like a fantasy-based alternate version of Florida whose entire existence tends to be centered on puns. The book is specifically about a family who gets stuck in a hurricane in Florida in their RV and ends up in Xanth. Despite being a fantasy land they actually do find what's effectively a gas station. (Hilarious series by the way. Piers Anthony is a good writer and his puns are usually quite clever. You do have to be tolerant of perverted humor though. Most of his books tend to have quite a bit of it, lol.)

Sounds like an interesting read. Will have to look into the series.
I wouldn't worry about pervent humour; I love perverted humour. >:3c

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 1st, 2015, 7:03 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:Sounds like an interesting read. Will have to look into the series.
I wouldn't worry about pervent humour; I love perverted humour. >:3c

One thing to keep in mind when checking it out is there's not too much of an overarching plot so you won't be missing much (in some books literally nothing at all) by just jumping into the series wherever. According to this Yon Ill Wind was actually the 20th book in the series (it was my introduction to the series) and there's only a few small references to previous books and missing those references doesn't actually detract from the story. It only serves to show that there is continuity in the series. Ironically enough Yon Ill Wind has the most important bits of continuity for the series last i checked. This could have changed since I last read a new Xanth book but one of the main characters in Yon Ill Wind is actually hugely important to their world's very existence (this isn't really a spoiler because it's revealed almost immediately) and was the first time said character ended up serving more than a passive role in the world.

And in my personal opinion all of the humor in Xanth novels, even the perverted humor, is actually quite hilarious. Piers Anthony puts a lot of effort into the humor in his books. (His Xanth books even have a credits section at the end crediting people who sent him ideas for new puns.) Actually in my experience both puns and perverted humor seem to be kinda a staple of his writing, lol. I've only read a few of his books outside the Xanth series but the ones I have read still had puns and perverted humor. Just less of a focus on the puns which is one of the central points of the Xanth series.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 1st, 2015, 7:11 am

Alice wrote:One thing to keep in mind when checking it out is there's not too much of an overarching plot so you won't be missing much (in some books literally nothing at all) by just jumping into the series wherever. According to this Yon Ill Wind was actually the 20th book in the series (it was my introduction to the series) and there's only a few small references to previous books and missing those references doesn't actually detract from the story. It only serves to show that there is continuity in the series. Ironically enough Yon Ill Wind has the most important bits of continuity for the series last i checked. This could have changed since I last read a new Xanth book but one of the main characters in Yon Ill Wind is actually hugely important to their world's very existence (this isn't really a spoiler because it's revealed almost immediately) and was the first time said character ended up serving more than a passive role in the world.

And in my personal opinion all of the humor in Xanth novels, even the perverted humor, is actually quite hilarious. Piers Anthony puts a lot of effort into the humor in his books. (His Xanth books even have a credits section at the end crediting people who sent him ideas for new puns.) Actually in my experience both puns and perverted humor seem to be kinda a staple of his writing, lol. I've only read a few of his books outside the Xanth series but the ones I have read still had puns and perverted humor. Just less of a focus on the puns which is one of the central points of the Xanth series.

Do you recommend just Yon Ill Wind or the entire series?

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 1st, 2015, 7:24 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:Do you recommend just Yon Ill Wind or the entire series?

I've read about a dozen books in the series and all of them were good although the one preceding Yon Ill Wind (Roc and a Hard Place) was a bit boring compared to the others. Yon Ill Wind is my personal favorite of the series. Heaven Cent and Faun and Games are two of my other favorites.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 1st, 2015, 8:12 am

Alice wrote:I've read about a dozen books in the series and all of them were good although the one preceding Yon Ill Wind (Roc and a Hard Place) was a bit boring compared to the others. Yon Ill Wind is my personal favorite of the series. Heaven Cent and Faun and Games are two of my other favorites.

Good to know. I'm definitely gonna check it at least those ones out at some point.

Return to “General Perversion”