Great Accomplishments

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario
Location: IDK I think it was like a pocket dimension or somethin

Great Accomplishments

Postby Lead Luigi » February 8th, 2015, 6:16 am

I'm making this thread for anyone who would like to share any games they've beaten for the first time recently.

For me I've beaten Metroid Prime and Fire Emblem 7 recently, and I had a pretty good time with both. I've already started Prime 2 and I'm planning on starting Hector mode in FE7 soon too.
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Sarusig

Re: Great Accomplishments

Postby Sarusig » February 8th, 2015, 6:17 am

I finally 100%ed Time Splitters 2 two months ago. It took 6 years. Woke up the whole house when I broke this last f*cking stained glass window.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario

Postby Lead Luigi » February 8th, 2015, 6:22 am

I haden't 100%ed Metroid Prime because I didn't feel like using a guide for the Playthrough and finding all the missiles would have been a huge chore.

I also save scummed pretty hard through Fire Emblem, but I had a good time nonetheless. :opieop:

Sarusig wrote:I finally 100%ed Time Splitters 2 two months ago. It took 6 years. Woke up the whole house when I broke this last f*cking stained glass window.

Wow working on completing a game for six years... Gotta say, I've never done something like that, but if it did take that long, you deserve a Klappa.
:kappa: //
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 8th, 2015, 6:31 am

I never actually finished Metroid Prime. I never understood how to take the last form of the final boss down when I was a kid. Haven't had an opportunity to play the game since.

Lead Luigi wrote:I also save scummed pretty hard through Fire Emblem, but I had a good time nonetheless. :opieop:

Save scumming best scumming.

Lead Luigi wrote:
Sarusig wrote:I finally 100%ed Time Splitters 2 two months ago. It took 6 years. Woke up the whole house when I broke this last f*cking stained glass window.

Wow working on completing a game for six years... Gotta say, I've never done something like that, but if it did take that long, you deserve a Klappa.

Yeah well it's been on and off. The thing with TS2 is that it's a game that has a LOT of content, kinda like a Smash Brothers game. Main campaign (3 difficulties, difficulty alters the whole mission and adds content), challenges, other category of challenges for some reason because why not, and all with different rankings. There's something like 300+ trophies to beat the whole thing.
The last 3 ones taunted me for a good two years.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

Buttson

Postby Buttson » February 8th, 2015, 7:19 am

Lead Luigi wrote:Wow working on completing a game for six years... Gotta say, I've never done something like that, but if it did take that long, you deserve a Klappa.

I got Sonic Adventure 2 for my birthday in June 2002, I got the last emblem November 17th 2013. And it was my favourite game over that stretch, though to be fair I was so bad at games as a kid I couldn't even beat the last story mode until 2006.
I celebrate that anniversary like I would my birthday or new years. I thought about doing it again on the steam version but I think I'd go insane grinding a chao to beat chao karate again.

The last big accomplishment I had, though I still havn't beaten the game is breaking the major codes in fez without a guide, I nearly cried when I figured out how to read numbers.
Image Dicks

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 8th, 2015, 7:23 am

I 100%ed Zelda: Link Between Worlds recently. Pretty interesting game. Had quite a few flaws but I actually really enjoyed it despite those flaws.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 8th, 2015, 8:25 am

I realized in Ganon's Tower that I never beat TWW without abusing the fuck out of the soup glitch before. Also I think I always just used the route with Phantom Ganon instead of actually beating him and following his sword hilt. Add to all that, that the Wii U's controls are shit, and that made for a *very* interesting puppet ganon fight, where I seriously only won by luck (admittedly, the rest of the game's fairly easy ). Made more interesting by my mom not leaving me alone for any of it.

But I haven't really done anything really great for a long time.
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » February 8th, 2015, 8:35 am

I actually really liked using the game pad for WW
A man of many voices

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 8th, 2015, 8:46 am

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:I actually really liked using the game pad for WW

I don't understand you
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » February 8th, 2015, 9:03 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:

I don't understand you

Get on my level
A man of many voices

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 8th, 2015, 9:03 am

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:
Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:

I don't understand you

Get on my level

What? Can you speak English, please?
💙💙💙

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » February 8th, 2015, 9:05 am

Que?
A man of many voices

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario

Postby Lead Luigi » February 8th, 2015, 3:36 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:I realized in Ganon's Tower that I never beat TWW without abusing the fuck out of the soup glitch before. Also I think I always just used the route with Phantom Ganon instead of actually beating him and following his sword hilt. Add to all that, that the Wii U's controls are shit, and that made for a *very* interesting puppet ganon fight, where I seriously only won by luck (admittedly, the rest of the game's fairly easy ). Made more interesting by my mom not leaving me alone for any of it.

You wimp, try 3 Heart Hero mode like me :4head:
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 9th, 2015, 6:22 am

Lead Luigi wrote:
Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:I realized in Ganon's Tower that I never beat TWW without abusing the fuck out of the soup glitch before. Also I think I always just used the route with Phantom Ganon instead of actually beating him and following his sword hilt. Add to all that, that the Wii U's controls are shit, and that made for a *very* interesting puppet ganon fight, where I seriously only won by luck (admittedly, the rest of the game's fairly easy ). Made more interesting by my mom not leaving me alone for any of it.

You wimp, try 3 Heart Hero mode like me :4head:

but im babby

<tovakj> yes

Rumia

Postby Rumia » February 11th, 2015, 8:12 am

I recently got... as close to 100% as I care to get in Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. All I'm missing is the secret character and their unlocks as well as a few cheevos which are really just grindy or luck-based. It's certainly an upgrade from the original and I can't say I didn't enjoy it, but the game has quite a bit of room for improvement IMO.

:biblethump:

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario

Postby Lead Luigi » February 11th, 2015, 1:18 pm

I have The Lost's Items and like 5 other items in the normal game to unlock, but my computer is rip so my game is also rip :opieop:
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

An0malies
Not to be mixed up with ano0maly from the talkhaus

Postby An0malies » February 22nd, 2015, 9:01 am

I have an award of Leadership and dedication awarded to me by Conneticut Congress
Not to be confused with the one from the Talkhaus, please read this first.

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario

Postby Lead Luigi » March 20th, 2015, 1:43 am

Oh man today I just beat Metroid Prime 3 with 100% items collected :kreygasm:
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

metasomnia

Postby metasomnia » March 21st, 2015, 10:23 pm

Here's an accomplishment: I just managed to game over on the first level of Super Mario Bros. three times in a row a few hours ago.
Have a literal signature:

Return to “General Perversion”