Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby EarthPhantomTS » August 11th, 2017, 5:46 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:I hope my joke didn't miss its mark because i fear that if i don't explain it i get this reputation for being horrible, but like if you hover over the link it brings you to the website of a pretty legit charity that really helps people effectively and not actually to me e-begging

I'll admit, I didn't think you were seriously e-begging or something, but I also didn't think of that. Well played!

Mosquitoes can just DIAF for all I care.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Griflion

Postby Griflion » August 11th, 2017, 8:38 am

now that was an interesting game, thx for the share tova

P.S.: if you guys really think the community of overwatch is bad, you should try league of legends

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » August 11th, 2017, 2:59 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:I hope my joke didn't miss its mark because i fear that if i don't explain it i get this reputation for being horrible, but like if you hover over the link it brings you to the website of a pretty legit charity that really helps people effectively and not actually to me e-begging

I missed it because I was too tired and didn't think to hover over the link. I figured you were screwing around either way though since it was clearly out of character.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » August 13th, 2017, 10:07 am

Hey guys, good news! I finally got a tablet! And the first thing I did? Yeah, DL'd Fate/Grand Order. Now to waste about a million years and a million dollars to get Lady Ishtar :surprise: :pwink: .

Might see if it helps to pray to her (and by "pray" I mean "fap furiously to her while euphorically babbling about how much I'd love to sacrifice myself to my sweet Lady Ishtar by having sex with her and letting her do whatever she wants to me" Image!)
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » August 14th, 2017, 4:35 am

Alright, I know no one's asked about this, but I figured with all the stupid going on in the world (when is that ever NOT the case, actually?), I decided to post something positive. Here's the "full" version of the pic of Lady Ishtar that I showed you guys a while back, with her sister/other self in something of a mirror image:

As I said before, the framing of this pic is pretty rad, maybe even in ways the artist never intended. Since, when searching for stuff relating to Mesopotamian mythology, I found out that they may have actually been one and the same early on. Yeah, these ladies have an...interesting...history, and I love it all Image! Though, tbh, a polytheist can easily feel "out of place" in a more monotheist society: I still feel a bit awkward about worshiping multiple deities, including two in an especially fervent way, when I've been raised in a society that expects people to only worship one. Like...how do I explain it...it's like why Lady Asherah had all the bullshit happen to her: because her followers eventually got it in their head that every prayer they offered to her was one they weren't offering to Yahweh, so worship of her became in contrast to him rather than in addition to him, and it even got to the point where her name was eventually translated merely as "pole" or "grove" in the KJV so now many of her ex-husband's followers don't even know of her existence. I still feel torn by that line of thinking even today, despite how stupid I know it is intellectually.

Okay, enough of that: this is meant to be a positive post, so I'll cheer myself up by saying I still offer some worship to her (she *is* the local equivalent of Lady Ishtar, after all!), and I chuckle knowingly at every Abrahamic who thinks it's automatically sinful to divorce Image! Or just shake my head in frustration when they make rants that imply it's only Yahweh or Evil (TM).

Ugh, fuck, just focus on the cute, sexy deities, me! And your pride in your beliefs that sexuality is divine! You know this Image!

Glitch

Postby Glitch » August 21st, 2017, 3:58 am

Hello my friends

I am here to tell you that I am not genderfluid

I am a trans man

and here you be your very local gay

I don't care what you call me, I just ask that you don't use female pronouns. He/they are fine. Hell, even calling me female things like princess is. I'm not picky and it doesn't bother me.
I call non-female people princess all the time. :P
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » August 21st, 2017, 4:17 am

Glitch wrote:I call non-female people princess all the time. :P

I've known a lot of guys who fit the term a lot more than most girls I've met, lol.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » August 21st, 2017, 4:18 am

Alice wrote:I've known a lot of guys who fit the term a lot more than most girls I've met, lol.

EXACTLY.

Glitch

Postby Glitch » August 21st, 2017, 4:23 am

Glitch wrote:I am a trans man

And to celebrate my newly discovered 'I am trans not just questioning' maleness, I embraced my femininity and painted my toe nails.
(I've been wanting to the past few days, even before I realized I was male, just didn't get around to it till now.)

God damnit, I'm a male, and if I want pretty, sparkley toe nails, I shall have it.

pholtos

Postby pholtos » August 21st, 2017, 8:50 am

You should never let prenotions of genders get in the way of things you like to do.

Screw societies views on what genders can and can't do. (Well so long as it doesn't break the law. :P)

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » August 21st, 2017, 11:03 am

pholtos wrote:(Well so long as it doesn't break the law. :P)

I'd argue that so long as you're not hurting or endangering people, breaking shit that isn't yours, or stealing then even it being illegal isn't that big a deal. Though of course those things I listed cover like 90% of illegal shit anyways so it's a bit of a moot point, lol.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » August 21st, 2017, 11:40 pm

pholtos wrote:You should never let prenotions of genders get in the way of things you like to do.

Screw societies views on what genders can and can't do. (Well so long as it doesn't break the law. :P)

Of course. I don't believe that at all.

Alice wrote:I'd argue that so long as you're not hurting or endangering people, breaking shit that isn't yours, or stealing then even it being illegal isn't that big a deal. Though of course those things I listed cover like 90% of illegal shit anyways so it's a bit of a moot point, lol.

Basically implied, too.
At least to any one with decent morals.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » August 22nd, 2017, 1:02 am

Glitch wrote:Hello my friends

I am here to tell you that I am not genderfluid

I am a trans man

and here you be your very local gay

I don't care what you call me, I just ask that you don't use female pronouns. He/they are fine. Hell, even calling me female things like princess is. I'm not picky and it doesn't bother me.
I call non-female people princess all the time. :P

Well, this is gonna take a bit of getting used to, considering how long I've known you before you realized this, but I promise I'm with you all the way! Just...if I slip up, please understand it as an accident :tundecided: . Alright, sir?

Glitch

Postby Glitch » August 22nd, 2017, 3:10 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Well, this is gonna take a bit of getting used to, considering how long I've known you before you realized this, but I promise I'm with you all the way! Just...if I slip up, please understand it as an accident :tundecided: . Alright, sir?

Don't worry, it's gonna take a bit of getting used to for me, too. If you slip up, I don't mind - it's to be expected for the first while, anyway, even with calling myself male. I'm still in the process of transitioning socially irl, so I'm getting called female for now there (need to find a name so it feels weird using my birth name and male pronouns, and I still need to come out to my dad).

It's just kind of funny, cause the realization just... hit me a few days ago? I've been dysphoric and questioning for a couple years at least, and played around with being male and some other nb identities, but it never clicked till just a couple days ago.

chridd

Postby chridd » August 22nd, 2017, 7:41 am

Alice wrote:
Glitch wrote:I call non-female people princess all the time. :P

I've known a lot of guys who fit the term a lot more than most girls I've met, lol.
Really? I don't know any, regardless of gender. We don't really have royalty here in America. :P

Is it weird that I already kind of wondered if you weren't cis?

Glitch

Postby Glitch » August 23rd, 2017, 9:19 pm

chridd wrote:Is it weird that I already kind of wondered if you weren't cis?

I did at one point mention I was genderfluid (that was a while ago).

What made you think so? I'm asking out of legit curiosity.

chridd

Postby chridd » August 24th, 2017, 12:33 am

Glitch wrote:What made you think so? I'm asking out of legit curiosity.
This post:
Glitch wrote:Someone get me a new body please. I don't care about sex/gender, just one that functions properly.
And also some other time when you said something about disliking your breasts.

Glitch

Postby Glitch » August 24th, 2017, 3:45 am

chridd wrote:
This post:
Glitch wrote:Someone get me a new body please. I don't care about sex/gender, just one that functions properly.

Ah, that makes sense. I have over 1300 posts on this site so I don't always remember what I say.
My bff confirmed that I've basically said too that I've hated my boobs since forever, fun fact. (She's known me since I was like, six.)

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » August 25th, 2017, 12:36 am

I've been curious about something for a while: since, in most Germanic languages, "gift" means "poison", I'm wondering how it came to have the meaning it does now in English. Was there, like, an epidemic of assassins giving English nobles poisoned wine, and "gift" now means what it does in English cause metonymy? Cause that's my only guess right now!

I mean, it's kinda sexy Image, but I'm a bit surprised by this all the same.

chridd wrote:
This post:

Pretty sure there that he was referring to feeling sick and tired of being sick and tired. But that's just my impression of that post.

EDIT: Umm...by that I don't mean to put words in his mouth. I was just saying what I, personally, thought Glitch's point there was. Of course, I could be completely wrong (it's pretty likely, in fact)! Sorry if so.

chridd

Postby chridd » August 25th, 2017, 5:03 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:I've been curious about something for a while: since, in most Germanic languages, "gift" means "poison", I'm wondering how it came to have the meaning it does now in English. Was there, like, an epidemic of assassins giving English nobles poisoned wine, and "gift" now means what it does in English cause metonymy? Cause that's my only guess right now!
What I remember hearing is that its original meaning is something like "a thing that's given", and both poison and gifts fit that description. Although why poison specifically, I don't know.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » August 25th, 2017, 6:53 am

chridd wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:I've been curious about something for a while: since, in most Germanic languages, "gift" means "poison", I'm wondering how it came to have the meaning it does now in English. Was there, like, an epidemic of assassins giving English nobles poisoned wine, and "gift" now means what it does in English cause metonymy? Cause that's my only guess right now!
What I remember hearing is that its original meaning is something like "a thing that's given", and both poison and gifts fit that description. Although why poison specifically, I don't know.

Honestly, that sounds simple and boring enough to be more likely to be true than my initial (rather fanciful) guess (kinda invoking Occam's Razor here; also remembering the differences between fanciful "folk etymologies" and how words actually evolve). So I'm just gonna go with that for now. Unless someone (like, say, Tova) can offer a better explanation.

Griflion

Postby Griflion » August 25th, 2017, 6:38 pm

I mean, it's kinda sexy Image, but I'm a bit surprised by this all the same.

In many Germanic languages "poison" is named by a word equivalent to English gift (such as Old High German gift, German Gift, Danish and Swedish gift; Dutch gift, vergift). This shift might have been partly euphemistic, partly by influence of Greek dosis "a portion prescribed," literally "a giving," used by Galen and other Greek physicians to mean an amount of medicine (see dose (n.)). http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=poison

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » August 26th, 2017, 10:33 am

Apparently Danganronpa 3 is releasing on Steam on the 26th of next month. A demo version released for it today too, though it cuts out about 75% of the way through the class trial. (Apparently the demo version's save data will get you some bonus in the full version though.) Now I get to wait a month before I can finish the trial, if the demo's story isn't different from the actual game's story. Since the demo kept going on about protagonists, explicitly mentioned it being a demo on multiple occasions (as in in-game dialogue), and the fact that Hajime (DR2 protagonist) and Makoto (DR1 protagonist) were both randomly there (as was Yasuhiro of all people from DR1) and weren't the most forthcoming about what's going on it kinda seems like it wasn't part of the actual story from the main game. Though if that's the case, the fact that it cuts out before you can figure out who the culprit is (as of the cutoff point there's only enough revealed to rule out a few people) is kinda baffling since you'll never get to finish the demo case. Really can't wait for the 26th now though. I knew the game was going to make its way to pc eventually but I had no idea it would be so soon. Last I'd heard there'd been no announcement yet.
💙💙💙

Griflion

Postby Griflion » August 27th, 2017, 1:14 am

somebody told me that the demo's story is different from the actual game's story. Also DR2 is on sale right now, if somebody is interested.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » August 27th, 2017, 1:49 am

Griflion wrote:somebody told me that the demo's story is different from the actual game's story. Also DR2 is on sale right now, if somebody is interested.

If that's the case it's kinda weird not to let you finish the class trial in the demo then. Also anyone who has played DR1 but hasn't played DR2 should totally get it if they enjoyed the first game. It has some annoying stuff in comparison to the first game but if you stick it out to the end it's worth it. (Most of that annoying stuff is justified in the end too.)
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » August 30th, 2017, 1:37 am

Alice wrote:
Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:answer: gay bowser actually parthogenic butch lesbian. she loves princess peach because lesbians are girls who like girls. but parthogenic species doesn’t really get gender apart from butch (e.g. bowser, ludwig, morton) and femme (wendy’s, kammy, iggy) morphs, or maybe japonese lacking grammar gender causing translation issues, so no problems with he/him pronouncs. Or else hatshepsut case

So you're saying that Bowser is evil gay Saber from Fate/Stay Night?

Now that I get the reference I'm now imagining her cosplaying as Bowser...there's an interesting mental image...I can't say I don't like it, though Image (keeping in mind who I worship, it'd be rather OOC for me to be disgusted by the idea. But it'd be pretty appropriate for me to think it funny)!

(Also I'd try to draw it, but I can't exactly draw well)

Speaking of, I was rather surprised to find out that the canonical alignment for Lady Ishtar in Grand Order is LG...yeah, that's "lawful good" as in D&D. I would've expected the exact opposite, frankly. Hmm...although thinking about it some more, maybe...maybe that's Rin's alignment...or something...?

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » August 30th, 2017, 10:17 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:
BORN TO LIE
CLIENT IS A FUCK
Image Rip Em All Off 1750 BCE
I am Ea-Nasir
410,757,864,530 BAD COPPERS

I feel like I should get this, but I don't, and now it's bothering me. Pray tell, what does this mean?

Griflion

Postby Griflion » August 30th, 2017, 7:58 pm

it seems that old Ea-Nasir sold some bad coppers to his clients and received a lot of complaint tablets in the Babylonian age. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complaint ... o_Ea-nasir

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » September 3rd, 2017, 8:17 am

https://twitter.com/BarryGsGhost/status ... 6661593088
https://twitter.com/conspirator0/status ... 3515770880

The first link is especially a long read since it's like 100-110 tweets or so but this is a perfect example of why people need to quit using social media to support their views when they already lack critical thinking skills. Though I'd have to say it's impressively stupid that Russian intelligence would resort to such an easily traceable naming scheme for their bot/shill accounts. At least the Russian-English language issues are an understandable issue. The names though are just way too obvious.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » September 3rd, 2017, 2:58 pm

Alice wrote:when they already lack critical thinking skills.

I already lack basic thinking skills, what makes you think I can think critically????

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » September 3rd, 2017, 3:34 pm

Glitch wrote:I already lack basic thinking skills, what makes you think I can think critically????

Critical thinking works like critical hits in games, right? So it's just a matter of luck!
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » September 5th, 2017, 1:16 am

yeah, what grif said. Ea-nasir was a legendary ass and like he ripped everyone off in a ton of different ways, committing all kinds of fraud and stuff. It's likely that he's the one who collected all those complaints we happened to find. But like just on the dawn of figuring out what a civilization is and hairbrained scamartist mcpsycho uncle with his foot in every get rich quick scheme and business and scam you could think of already existed.

Meme's based on engrish http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/ori ... TO_DIE.jpg (kanji mean demon god, forgot what the cuneiform I made meant)
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » September 5th, 2017, 10:44 am

Man, the fires along the Pacific coast are kinda getting out of hand. California and British Columbia both have had record-setting forest fires this year which are still burning. Now the Mt. Hood national forest is on fire and it's looking like it'll be a pretty big one too. I'm sure having record-setting fires all up and down one of the most heavily forested part of North America is great for global warming. And it seems like this fire here in Oregon was started by some idiot teen setting off fireworks in the forest. Fucking moron.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » September 5th, 2017, 7:34 pm

Oh fun. The fire is getting close enough to my area now that my best friend may be forced to evacuate. He's currently under a level 1 evacuation notice meaning he should be keeping a close eye on the news in case of an update because he's in a potential danger area. And if he's forced to evacuate then the shelter at the local community college that they've setup for evacuees will almost certainly have to evacuate too. He lives close enough that you could drive there in five minutes and that's if you hit both red lights on the way.
💙💙💙

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » September 5th, 2017, 8:33 pm

the football gods hate me
A man of many voices

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » September 5th, 2017, 9:00 pm

Alice wrote:Oh fun. The fire is getting close enough to my area now that my best friend may be forced to evacuate. He's currently under a level 1 evacuation notice meaning he should be keeping a close eye on the news in case of an update because he's in a potential danger area. And if he's forced to evacuate then the shelter at the local community college that they've setup for evacuees will almost certainly have to evacuate too. He lives close enough that you could drive there in five minutes and that's if you hit both red lights on the way.

Oh fuck. I hope you'll be alright :tsad: .

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » September 5th, 2017, 9:22 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Oh fuck. I hope you'll be alright :tsad: .

Luckily the chance of it reaching all the way to where I live is very low. As far as I'm aware no forest fire has ever spread quite this far. My friend is just really unlucky and happens to live on the edge of town right across from the Columbia River Highway which is where a large portion of the fire is. I only really have to worry about air quality myself. It's really smokey (so smokey you can look right at the sun without squinting at all) and there's a lot of ash in the air so me and my family have all been coughing quite a lot. That's tolerable enough though.

I just hope things don't spread far enough that my friend has to evacuate, let alone actually losing his house.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » September 6th, 2017, 6:53 am

speak of ea nasir and he shall come http://comparativelysuperlative.tumblr. ... revolution
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » September 6th, 2017, 7:45 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:speak of ea nasir and he shall come http://comparativelysuperlative.tumblr. ... revolution

In a way, though, it's comforting. It shows that people never change Image!

Glitch

Postby Glitch » September 6th, 2017, 10:35 pm

Man I love not having the energy to socialize. Want to post but can't. Great fun.

I'm enjoying being called male, even if my body doesn't match yet. (At the same time I don't for that reason.) I've been lazy about trying to find names to try out for myself irl, so I've been sticking with my birth name + female pronouns. I need to get off my ass and actually do that.

Alice wrote:
Glitch wrote:I already lack basic thinking skills, what makes you think I can think critically????

Critical thinking works like critical hits in games, right? So it's just a matter of luck!

WELL I HAVE SHITTY LUCK SO GUESS WHO'S FUCKED

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Oh fuck. I hope you'll be alright :tsad: .

Luckily the chance of it reaching all the way to where I live is very low. As far as I'm aware no forest fire has ever spread quite this far. My friend is just really unlucky and happens to live on the edge of town right across from the Columbia River Highway which is where a large portion of the fire is. I only really have to worry about air quality myself. It's really smokey (so smokey you can look right at the sun without squinting at all) and there's a lot of ash in the air so me and my family have all been coughing quite a lot. That's tolerable enough though.

I just hope things don't spread far enough that my friend has to evacuate, let alone actually losing his house.

Even if there's still a small chance, I still hope you're gonna be okay.
I live in Saskatchewan, two provinces over from British Columbia, and a couple days a while ago it was smokey outside.

Can't we just take the water from Texas and put it on the fires? Problem solved!
(If only.)

Return to “General Perversion”