Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
User avatar
Frozelar
Posts: 175
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 2:05 am
Location: wait where
Contact:

Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Frozelar » December 26th, 2014, 11:12 pm

Sort of like the talkhaus's Twitter thread. If you feel like sharing something that doesn't fit into any other specific threads and doesn't warrant making a new thread, it could go here. I guess?

FOR EXAMPLE:
So I'm making a game in C++ & SDL and I'm now realizing how terrible some of the code is written. I'm not looking forward to going through all 3500 lines and improving everything. But if I don't do it now I'll never do it.

In other news, I also feel kind of weird because, like, I'm posting a lot of things here that I would otherwise post on the talkhaus. I don't wanna just copy-paste my posts but at the same time I don't wanna just abandon the talkhaus either.
Weird feelings.
Last edited by Frozelar on February 22nd, 2015, 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 3883
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Alice » December 26th, 2014, 11:16 pm

I'm working on this forum that non of you have probably ever heard of for an LPer you definitely haven't watched before.
Frozelar wrote:In other news, I also feel kind of weird because, like, I'm posting a lot of things here that I would otherwise post on the talkhaus. I don't wanna just copy-paste my posts but at the same time I don't wanna just abandon the talkhaus either.
Weird feelings.

You shouldn't worry about it. They're two different communities even if they do share a number of users. There's no problem with posting the same things on both, if you're worried about that anyways though you could always just retype the post here so it's not a direct copy+paste.
💙💙💙
Image
Image

User avatar
Frozelar
Posts: 175
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 2:05 am
Location: wait where
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Frozelar » December 26th, 2014, 11:18 pm

Alice wrote:You shouldn't worry about it. They're two different communities even if they do share a number of users. There's no problem with posting the same things on both, if you're worried about that anyways though you could always just retype the post here so it's not a direct copy+paste.

Oh cool, so I guess other people don't view it as weird.
Awesome!

EDIT: Also there is so much food left over from Christmas. And all of it tastes so good. yeehaw
Image

User avatar
Sephiko
Posts: 113
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 2:08 am
Location: Ontario

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Sephiko » December 27th, 2014, 7:41 am

New years plans, papers I have to fill out, dental stuff.
Image

User avatar
potato_sniff
Cousin Janet
Posts: 73
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 2:04 am
Location: In some box somewhere

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby potato_sniff » December 27th, 2014, 7:44 am

its mostly just me constantly judging myself, other then that what screen should i look at, what should i say to people, and what i should do next month

User avatar
Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre
Posts: 454
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 12:33 am

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Isocitration » December 27th, 2014, 11:23 am

For some reason I loathe the sound of knocking. And the sound of doors unlocking. This probably stems from living with other people I didn't want to be around during my college days.

And that's what's on my mind right now! Or at least was. Mmm, how bout them pastas
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

User avatar
Rhihad
Posts: 25
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 10:21 am
Location: Finland

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Rhihad » December 27th, 2014, 7:21 pm

My mind has been driven insane today by Hanson's Mmmbop playing on constant loop. And I can't get it out!

User avatar
Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog
Posts: 279
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 10:28 am
Location: Town of Chef Uwe

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Jolpengammler » December 27th, 2014, 9:10 pm

Right now there is a level design idea for gah 2 in my mind that I now am gonna convert into a level!
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

User avatar
Sephiko
Posts: 113
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 2:08 am
Location: Ontario

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Sephiko » December 27th, 2014, 11:48 pm

I'm regretting leaving the smoked salmon in the fridge for too long, and dreading the indigestion later.
Image

Sarusig
Posts: 345
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 4:54 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Sarusig » December 28th, 2014, 3:47 am

Currently, kicking Lead's butt at 100% OJ. One game one win this game is fair!

Edit : Final results, 2 for me, 1 for Lead, 0 for Taters and 0 for Seph.

Was fun, will RNG again.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

User avatar
Frozelar
Posts: 175
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 2:05 am
Location: wait where
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Frozelar » December 28th, 2014, 7:04 am

start coding at 11pm
WAIT WHAT THERE'S A TINY INSIGNIFICANT ISSUE, OH GOD WHY
its now 2am
at least it's fixed
Image

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 3883
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Alice » December 28th, 2014, 7:22 am

Frozelar wrote:start coding at 11pm
WAIT WHAT THERE'S A TINY INSIGNIFICANT ISSUE, OH GOD WHY
its now 2am
at least it's fixed

This is the sort of reason I try to keep the last few hours or so of my day completely free and just watch some videos or read some stories or browse some forums instead. Far too easy to accidentally stay up way later than you intend to because you got so caught up in your work.

Edit: Whoa, that was disorienting. I came here and looked at my post because I didn't remember what I posted here then went to the talkhaus and the first post I saw was yours there. Confused the hell out of me for a second, lol.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
Frozelar
Posts: 175
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 2:05 am
Location: wait where
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Frozelar » December 28th, 2014, 6:30 pm

Oh man I just programmed for another three hours on a stupid little thing. Well at least it's done.
You know I could totally see myself becoming a software developer as a career and being one of the few people who actually enjoys their job. So that makes me pretty happy.
Image

User avatar
Sephiko
Posts: 113
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 2:08 am
Location: Ontario

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Sephiko » December 28th, 2014, 8:34 pm

Thinking of a custom title that I'll request for later. Also no indigestion, hurray.
Image

User avatar
potato_sniff
Cousin Janet
Posts: 73
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 2:04 am
Location: In some box somewhere

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby potato_sniff » December 28th, 2014, 9:47 pm

that hopefully i get better soon, i might be a bit sick.

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1466
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 28th, 2014, 10:25 pm

Kinda annoyed that Youtube/Google/whatever keeps autoflagging my comments. Like, my comment on the latest I Am Bored episode was autoflagged. Why? Is it the sex jokes? The length? The shortness of my paragraphs? None of the ones I've sent for review by a human mod have been permanently deleted, so I think their system could use some work.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 3883
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Alice » December 28th, 2014, 10:28 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Kinda annoyed that Youtube/Google/whatever keeps autoflagging my comments. Like, my comment on the latest I Am Bored episode was autoflagged. Why? Is it the sex jokes? The length? The shortness of my paragraphs? None of the ones I've sent for review by a human mod have been permanently deleted, so I think their system could use some work.

There seems ot be a fairly big issue with their autoflagging system. I've been seeing a ton of comments lately that have been marked as spam despite being perfectly legitimate comments.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


Sarusig
Posts: 345
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 4:54 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Sarusig » December 28th, 2014, 11:03 pm

The weird thing about Earth's comments is that I don't see them written as spam. However I sometimes see them disappear entirely for a day or so. I noticed that because when I answer to one of her comments, my comment also seems to disappear.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1466
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 28th, 2014, 11:08 pm

Sarusig wrote:The weird thing about Earth's comments is that I don't see them written as spam. However I sometimes see them disappear entirely for a day or so. I noticed that because when I answer to one of her comments, my comment also seems to disappear.


Yeah, that's what happens :/. I wonder if I missed any of your replies.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 3883
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Alice » December 28th, 2014, 11:13 pm

Sarusig wrote:The weird thing about Earth's comments is that I don't see them written as spam. However I sometimes see them disappear entirely for a day or so. I noticed that because when I answer to one of her comments, my comment also seems to disappear.

I've seen both happen. I've also seen several of Sephiko's comments flagged as spam randomly as well and had some of my comments disappear for a day or two.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre
Posts: 454
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 12:33 am

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Isocitration » December 29th, 2014, 1:42 am

Sometimes comments appear in my 'likely spam' inbox where I can basically approve it and move on. I've noticed if you have a url in the comment it usually ends up in there. Sometimes EarthPhantom's end up in there as well, though very rarely.

However, I didn't have anything in that particular inbox today, so I'm not sure how the system works in that regard. But yeah in general comments kind of disappear for random intervals sometimes.
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

FiftyKappas
Posts: 22
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 12:18 am
Location: Sitting on a block somewhere

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby FiftyKappas » December 29th, 2014, 2:07 am

Only things that've been on my mind lately are some ideas for story-like stuff that I'll probably never get around to doing because I want to be an okay writer and not a terrible writer. Or I'm too busy thinking about how I want to do things without doing things. Probably both. I am such procrastinator.

Off to explore the forums again and maybe actually be a participant, wooooo~
Psy...duck?

User avatar
Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre
Posts: 454
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 12:33 am

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Isocitration » December 29th, 2014, 2:11 am

I've got my eye on you, redirect topic. You can't mooch off your friend in the other forum forever! The day you forget to pay rent, YOU'RE OUTTA HERE MISTER.
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

User avatar
Eila
Posts: 49
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 8:55 am
Location: Saturn

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Eila » December 29th, 2014, 12:37 pm

I don't have a mind

User avatar
An0malies
Not to be mixed up with ano0maly from the talkhaus
Posts: 43
Joined: December 26th, 2014, 6:52 am

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby An0malies » December 29th, 2014, 5:30 pm

I wanna start another LttP hack attempt, but, I'm not keen on doing it alone

I also bought an extra anomaly uber bundle and I dont know what to do with it
Not to be confused with the one from the Talkhaus, please read this first.

FiftyKappas
Posts: 22
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 12:18 am
Location: Sitting on a block somewhere

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby FiftyKappas » December 29th, 2014, 8:33 pm

I'd try to help but I don't know anything about hacking so I am a liability. Would help if I could though, LttP hacks sound pretty interesting and also like a lot of work to make 'em good.
Psy...duck?

User avatar
Sephiko
Posts: 113
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 2:08 am
Location: Ontario

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Sephiko » December 29th, 2014, 9:02 pm

I'm thinking about how Alice's color thing melts my eyes, and feeling relieved that I took care of my shopping, dinner & pet.
Image

User avatar
An0malies
Not to be mixed up with ano0maly from the talkhaus
Posts: 43
Joined: December 26th, 2014, 6:52 am

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby An0malies » December 29th, 2014, 9:43 pm

FiftyKappas wrote:I'd try to help but I don't know anything about hacking so I am a liability. Would help if I could though, LttP hacks sound pretty interesting and also like a lot of work to make 'em good.



It is infuriatingly difficult because the editor, as many options as it has, is limited in what it can do and you need to use other programs other than the editor for a lot of things. Also, it is insanely easy to just break the game by doing the most arbitrary things.
Not to be confused with the one from the Talkhaus, please read this first.

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 3883
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Alice » December 30th, 2014, 12:20 am

Sephiko wrote:I'm thinking about how Alice's color thing melts my eyes, and feeling relieved that I took care of my shopping, dinner & pet.

I'm going to be fixing it up later, lol. I didn't exactly put a lot of effort into it since I was just testing things last night. I'll be trying to replicate my SMWC layout since people find that one pretty easy to read.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon
Posts: 1954
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Ashtree

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » January 1st, 2015, 12:14 am

I retweeted something Psychedelic Eyeball said re:gg and totalbiscuit and a friend reacted badly. People have disagreements yes but for some reason it's really draining to see friends on the wrong side of such a stupid issue.
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

User avatar
Sephiko
Posts: 113
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 2:08 am
Location: Ontario

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Sephiko » January 1st, 2015, 2:33 am

Did a pretty decent job at Fibbage on Protonjon's stream, also struggling to stay awake for the new year's countdown.
Image

Sarusig
Posts: 345
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 4:54 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Sarusig » January 1st, 2015, 5:06 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:I retweeted something Psychedelic Eyeball said re:gg and totalbiscuit and a friend reacted badly. People have disagreements yes but for some reason it's really draining to see friends on the wrong side of such a stupid issue.


Psychedelic Eyeball and the SA crew in general (slowbeef and co) are a hivemind. Try disagreeing on SA about ANYTHING. Just try. Don't be surprised that people react poorly to whatever these guys say outside of video games. They are formatted drones that all rehash the same exact diatribe and refuse any sort of dialogue. SA is as bad as 4chan in many regards, but are not the "bad guys" because they are "politically correct".
Many people hate that sort of "in the box" mentality, wether it is on one side of an issue or another. Extremes are bad. Forcing people to think a certain way is bad. SA is terrible when it comes to peer pressuring.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

User avatar
Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon
Posts: 1954
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Ashtree

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » January 1st, 2015, 5:48 pm

A lot of places I like (eg FTB) seem to come under attack for that, and under scrutiny I've always found it utterly baseless and usually coming from people trying to impose their own hugboxes on the world (in other words, projecting). Even so, that doesn't make the group opinion false or wrong, and my friend's argument amounted solely to tone policing. But what pisses me off most is that I was pretty much there at ground zero. A smallchan I'd been on for years was cannibalized by infinity chan, and I even though I didn't abandon it when it became a conservative hugbox, I did once I found out infinity chan hosted cp (thanks to psychedelic eyeball, actually). Not to mention, this was about the time I started reading a bunch of NRx blogs, and 8chan's their preferred chan.

I've followed GG from the beginning, and it's always been about humiliating a woman (admittedly, pretty shitty woman, but the guy she cheated on followed it up with that; two wrongs don't make a right, and if he's that noxious maybe there's a reason she slept around on him), never about "ethics in gaming journalism". The fact that the movement attacked and doxxed two completely and utterly innocent women following that, and has turned into a series of uncontrolled harassment bouts, does not help their case. So I can sympathize much more with PE than I do TB.
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic


User avatar
Sephiko
Posts: 113
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 2:08 am
Location: Ontario

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Sephiko » January 1st, 2015, 5:59 pm

Sarusig wrote:
Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:I retweeted something Psychedelic Eyeball said re:gg and totalbiscuit and a friend reacted badly. People have disagreements yes but for some reason it's really draining to see friends on the wrong side of such a stupid issue.


Psychedelic Eyeball and the SA crew in general (slowbeef and co) are a hivemind. Try disagreeing on SA about ANYTHING. Just try. Don't be surprised that people react poorly to whatever these guys say outside of video games. They are formatted drones that all rehash the same exact diatribe and refuse any sort of dialogue. SA is as bad as 4chan in many regards, but are not the "bad guys" because they are "politically correct".
Many people hate that sort of "in the box" mentality, wether it is on one side of an issue or another. Extremes are bad. Forcing people to think a certain way is bad. SA is terrible when it comes to peer pressuring.


Eh I like them but I don't really follow their activity beyond videos. Also they sure pity their creator :arrow: http://youtu.be/PrSy8_mEIi4?t=31m42s
Image

Sarusig
Posts: 345
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 4:54 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Sarusig » January 1st, 2015, 6:28 pm

You sure you've ever been on SA? Because mob lynches and piling on users upon a "grand leader" pointing is what they spend their days doing. If you disagree you will also probably be banned, but eh free speech and all. Couple that with the elitism that is rampant in there and you easily understand why a lot of people don't like SA. I mean since we're talking about GG, even the cesspool that is /vg/ had a lot of disagreements and varying opinions (under the heavy shit-flinging) from anons. You won't find that on SA. Ever.
That they're wrong or not isn't really a problem, the problem is that just like the other extreme, or actually I should say MORE than the other extreme because they have the faux-morale highground, they will do everything in their power to prevent any form of debate.

Wooow, you found some CP on a chan? THAT'S UNHEARD OF. Almost like it's the type of things butthurt oldfags who saw their board being destroyed would do, actually.
I'm also regularly dumbfounded as to how Americans somehow always relate everything to politics - it must be fascinating to put everything in a black or white box "conservativism is shit" "democrats are killing murica". Even when politics are not even remotely linked to any of it. That's kinda like what I was saying about SA - if you can be categorized as a "different" opinion (and politics are veeeery convenient for that), then you are a witch and shall be burnt.

GG was not even a thing when it was about whatserface - the "movement" gained traction when suddenly all major game publications except IGN wrote an article, which of course attracted some attention of the general public, and questions about collusion. A collusion which, I should probably remind you, was actually PROVEN, yeah that's the best part, they were actually right, but interestingly enough no one seemed to care.
It's also impressive how opponents to the movement have decided what it was about. Unlike you know, the people actually IN the movement. Let's not even mention the fact that the doxxings of these two lovely ladies were fake (and proven fake almost instantly mind ya), and that's not even counting the one from this hero that is Phil Fish, when countless people have been doxxed on the "other side" (again, black and white), or lost their job because miss megaphone decided it was time to witch hunt. I suppose that's ok because of moral highground.

Finally, TB... Actually if anyone had listened to what he and Boogie originally said, they both had a very, very sane and balanced opinion on the whole thing. They were both measured in their statements, plus add the fact that TB had been claiming journalism ethics were a problem for years prior to that, it's not like he had anything to gain from that... unlike some people. They were both neutral. Boogie was rammed into the ground so fucking hard by the mind police that he ran for the hills and never talked about it again.
As for TB, he got shit from both sides. But just looking at his Twitter feed shows veeeeeeery clearly which side tried to crucify him, and actually decided for him which side he was on. TB was not a GG suporter, anti-GGs labelled him as such. He never even had a choice.

TB's opinions have always been his own, and he's been shat on by so many different people while having zero support from anyone in an influent position. He's been demonized by every possible name, he's been called racist, misogynist, homophobic, conservative, libertarian, a gross youtuber, he's been called out for having too much influence, as well as for being "just a youtuber", for being a pc elitist, for not being a real gamer... Really the man has heard it all. And he has accomodated his opinions to fit the ones of the masses, which would have been the easy thing to do. He didn't give a fuck and swam alone.
Pretty much the exact opposite thing that the SA goons do.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

User avatar
Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon
Posts: 1954
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Ashtree

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » January 1st, 2015, 7:16 pm

So right and wrong don't matter if the people arguing are assholes?

Oh, I found a /dedicated/ /board/, not the sort of thing you find added by spambots or what the fuck, but an actual /dedicated/ /board/ to /real/ cp and I shouldn't care?

Oh, you're dumbfounded that some "americans" on a board I enjoyed turned it into an environment where if you so much as mentioned you don't eat meat you'd get banned because homor et al turned it into a conservative hugbox until it was hijacked by a literal nazi and that's apparently my fault? And that I stayed there long after that even though I couldn't express an opinion? And that I've seen this happen again and again?

The movement you admit was about harassing "what's her face" didn't get to decide it wasn't? The collusion which the guy who dumped the docs said gamergaters had misunderstood? The one he said didn't exist? The doxings that were alleged proven fake, but the "proof" itself was fake? That saying things like threatening to rape a woman have consequences? That I was at ground zero when this happened and know exactly how shitty the main sides of the argument are? That I don't think two wrongs make right, and that none of this is justified?

The fact that people I know personally who had nothing to do with video games have been attacked for it?

That I'm still friends with people I think are on the wrong side of this particular issue makes me a black and white thinker? That I don't think there are just 2 sides to this issue, I just think the side with NRx, 8chan, etc is the wrong one?

Oh,that I've always said that about TB, and I just find him incredibly damagingly wrong about this? That I think the charity had every right to be a little upset that someone with a lot of infamy just or not who doesn't represent them endorsed them? That I'm more concerned about his rabid fan base (like I am thunderf00t's) that also includes non-rabid people like, I dunno, my friends?


Really?

Look, please heed my advice. If you're *actually* concerned about ethics in gaming journalism, get a new label. Distance yourself from a movement that, at least originally, was about harassing people, because that's all people are going to know, and pretending it isn't there just enables it. It's just as much of a disaster for your cause as my OWS or others, like the MRM that's turned into a giant PUA circlejerk. Find your own identity, or you're going to always get all that shit you just flung at me.


Okay? Agree to disagree?
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic


User avatar
Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon
Posts: 1954
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Ashtree

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » January 1st, 2015, 7:19 pm

You know what, if I'm a threat to this board's stability, just ban me.
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic


Sarusig
Posts: 345
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 4:54 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Sarusig » January 1st, 2015, 7:59 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:So right and wrong don't matter if the people arguing are assholes?


Yeah lynch mobs are often right. They are NEVER wrong. Ever. SA is the paragon of justice and guardian of virtue. See that's the problem with these people. That's even why we have words like SJW and whiteknight. Never question, they have seen the light, they're right and they're on a crusade.
That's called fanatism. Generally, it's seen as dangerous. But you know, moral highground.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:Oh, I found a /dedicated/ /board/, not the sort of thing you find added by spambots or what the fuck, but an actual /dedicated/ /board/ to /real/ cp and I shouldn't care?


Wait what? (Mind you I could argue that there are boards dedicated to things at least as bad, but still wait what?)

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:Oh, you're dumbfounded that some "americans" on a board I enjoyed turned it into an environment where if you so much as mentioned you don't eat meat you'd get banned because homor et al turned it into a conservative hugbox until it was hijacked by a literal nazi and that's apparently my fault? And that I stayed there long after that even though I couldn't express an opinion? And that I've seen this happen again and again?


So when SA does it it's ok. If it's "conservatives" it's not. Gotcha. What was that about hugboxes?
Also that's obviously because of politcally. Those dirty right-wingers. Labels are so easy.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:The movement you admit was about harassing "what's her face" didn't get to decide it wasn't? The collusion which the guy who dumped the docs said gamergaters had misunderstood? The one he said didn't exist? The doxings that were alleged proven fake, but the "proof" itself was fake? That saying things like threatening to rape a woman have consequences? That I was at ground zero when this happened and know exactly how shitty the main sides of the argument are? That I don't think two wrongs make right, and that none of this is justified?


First sentence, and you're already making me say things I have never said. You see the problem? You're doing it here, your FIRST thing you say is deciding what I've said.
The collusion? Mate, check your sources. Orland himself, the guy who FOUNDED the group, not only admitted to it, but claimed he was PROUD of having done so. 10 articles come on the same day, with the same line, about the same topic, but there's no collusion.
The doxxing, you mean the ones where the info leaked was ACTUALLY NOT THEIR INFO AT ALL?
Wait, rape threats on the Internet. Threats on the Internet? Man I had never heard about that at all. Also, you know what people who are actually threatened do? They contact authorities. You know what authorities advise? They advise you don't publicly talk about it because it's a potential threat. But why, let's weaponize that instead. I'm fearing for my life and fleeing my home, but eh, I'll go do an interview on MSNBC. And let's not forget how it's always the right person who finds these things at the right time.
Oh yeah, the "ground zero" argument. Being an oldfag makes right, right? Did I ever tell you about SA?

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:The fact that people I know personally who had nothing to do with video games have been attacked for it?


Funny you should say that, I do too. But they're white males, so eh, it's probably ok.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:That I'm still friends with people I think are on the wrong side of this particular issue makes me a black and white thinker? That I don't think there are just 2 sides to this issue, I just think the side with NRx, 8chan, etc is the wrong one?


I'll have you know I actually have lotsa black friends myself. Really Tova? Really?

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:Oh, that I've always said that about TB, and I just find him incredibly damagingly wrong about this? That I think the charity had every right to be a little upset that someone with a lot of infamy just or not who doesn't represent them endorsed them? That I'm more concerned about his rabid fan base (like I am thunderf00t's) that also includes non-rabid people like, I dunno, my friends?


Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:Look, please heed my advice. If you're *actually* concerned about ethics in gaming journalism, get a new label. Distance yourself from a movement that, at least originally, was about harassing people, because that's all people are going to know, and pretending it isn't there just enables it. It's just as much of a disaster for your cause as my OWS or others, like the MRM that's turned into a giant PUA circlejerk. Find your own identity, or you're going to always get all that shit you just flung at me.


Yes, heed the advice of the "side" that was created by people who actually benefit from this mess. You know, the "litterally who?" who are now supported games devs. The "gender critics" who need this shitty climate to actually make money. The gaming websites, who were actually called on their bullshit which to avoid ahving anything to answer for, decided that it was misoginy (racism works well too).
Let's heed their advice. So there were two arguments right? The first one was "get leaders, so we can organize and talk with them". Because that worked so well with movements like Occupy. This has nothing to do with the fact that beheading leaders is much more easier than actually handling an informal mass.
Then, "get a new label". I love this one, it's very convenient. You know that thing you got going, that got a lot of traction and is actually uncovering journalistic bullshit? yeah no stop that, there are people who use #gamergate (which obviously means they are supporters, right?) that are not very nice. Create a new one, preferably one with little traction. we have decided it was about harassing so now you can't use that name that has nothing to do with harassement.
Find your own identity. you may have identified as gamer for 20 years but guess what gamers are dead. Games are not supposed to be about fun anyways.
Oh and by the way, you know what? We did that we atheism, we did that with videogames, and we're coming for Metal next. So get ready for more bullshit.

Yeaaaaaah, but actually no. Forging your own identity is not about others telling you that "you can't be that because". This is literally pulling a "worse than Hitler" argument.

The truth is I do'nt give a f*ck about GG. Videogames journalists have been shit for years, and for a lot more reasons than corruption. I don't read them. I don't care.

What I care about is another f*cking internet lynch mob party saying "hey you, we heard that maybe you did bad things so we're gonna hunt you and everything you hold dear down. Your identity as a gamer is bad, you should not like games, games are not about fun. We get to decide what gets censored or not (hello Hatred). Oh and if anyone disagrees with our views, we're silencing them (hello Kingdom Come, hello
Oh and if you happen to be a woman supporting this, you're not actually real. Also you don't know what's good for you. We wall talk for you. We are the ones who think right. We are the light."

See, that, as someone who works in video games, annoys me quite a lot. And between us, from within the industry, I can tell you: I'm far from being the only one.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:Okay? Agree to disagree?


Sure? That would not be the first time :lol:
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 3883
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Alice » January 2nd, 2015, 2:48 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:You know what, if I'm a threat to this board's stability, just ban me.

Just take a step back and calm down for a bit. If you feel like you aren't able to handle an argument you should detach yourself from the argument and try not to do something somewhat self-destructive like this.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre
Posts: 454
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 12:33 am

Re: What's on your mind?!!

Postby Isocitration » January 2nd, 2015, 5:05 am

Just ordered my computer junk. Oh man.

(well, the majority of it, anyway)
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies


Return to “General Perversion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest