Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
Alice
⦂☽

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » November 23rd, 2015, 9:52 pm

Why is it every time I order something online from Japan it arrives early yet if I order something from within the US it takes forever to get here and there's no guarantee at all that it'll even arrive on time? That's such a weird freaking occurrence. Shipping across the biggest ocean on the planet is somehow easier than shipping within the country. (Rarely all the way across it too. The furthest I usually get things from is around the Texas area at most, usually California though.)
💙💙💙

Ashan

Postby Ashan » November 23rd, 2015, 10:41 pm

I've looked at the word "page" too many times and it started looking weird so I had to confirm that it was indeed a word and that I was spelling it right.
► Show Spoiler

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » November 24th, 2015, 12:30 am

Today I saw a chinese girl at the store with an awesome tattoo. It was all dark and in Fraktur/Blackletter, you know, like the "Old English" font in word, even though Old English was never written in that... anyways

Someone asked her what it meant

"It's european for sticking together!"

It read "Klebstoff"

(Klebstoff is a brand of glue)
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 24th, 2015, 12:54 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:"It's european for sticking together!"

It read "Klebstoff"

Well that's not exactly wrong. It's apparently German for glue/adhesive/cement according to Google translate and German is a European language. On top of that glue and adhesive (and to a lesser degree cement) are used for sticking things together, lol.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » November 24th, 2015, 2:04 am

Alice wrote:
Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:"It's european for sticking together!"

It read "Klebstoff"

Well that's not exactly wrong. It's apparently German for glue/adhesive/cement according to Google translate and German is a European language. On top of that glue and adhesive (and to a lesser degree cement) are used for sticking things together, lol.

yes that's the joke

http://hanzismatter.blogspot.com/
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

Ashan

Postby Ashan » November 24th, 2015, 4:39 am

10:36 PM - Ashan: why do they require you to be like 90 to do everything there but they trust you with 2-tonne vehicles capable of going 150km/h at 16?
10:36 PM - Ashan: sorry, convert that to your archaic imperial system
10:36 PM - Milk, the Extraordinarily Busty: that was the most european sentence
10:37 PM - Milk, the Extraordinarily Busty: you've ever spouted
10:37 PM - Ashan: 93.2057mph
10:37 PM - Milk, the Extraordinarily Busty: sorry that we still use it
10:37 PM - Milk, the Extraordinarily Busty: it's nt my fualt
10:37 PM - Ashan: yes it is
10:37 PM - Ashan: fix it, jane
10:37 PM - Milk, the Extraordinarily Busty: i can try
10:37 PM - Ashan: become president
10:37 PM - Ashan: switch everyone over to metric
10:37 PM - Ashan: then drop out
10:37 PM - Ashan: I don't think that's what they call resigning
10:37 PM - Ashan: but whatever
10:38 PM - Ashan: "I dropped out of being president"
10:38 PM - Ashan: being president is like being in highschool
10:38 PM - Ashan: you can just drop out whenever
► Show Spoiler

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » November 24th, 2015, 5:56 pm

Klebstoff = Glue
yes.
Also, Iso for president plox
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

Ashan

Postby Ashan » November 24th, 2015, 6:13 pm

So do I just produce a particularly large amount of earwax or something? Because whenever I use those in-ear headphones with the rubber tips I pull them out and they're all sticky and gross from earwax. Is that normal?
► Show Spoiler

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » November 24th, 2015, 7:58 pm

*sad laughter* http://imgur.com/gallery/BsuaJ5K

@ashan ears do that when you stick things in them, they don't like that and it's probably bad for you. It is worse if there's no air flow out; sound is pressure waves and sudden bad pressure wave in a sealed chamber potentially deafening. External headphones better.

<tovakj> yes

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » November 24th, 2015, 8:32 pm

So am I the only one who's phucked?
A man of many voices

Ashan

Postby Ashan » November 24th, 2015, 9:02 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:@ashan ears do that when you stick things in them, they don't like that and it's probably bad for you. It is worse if there's no air flow out; sound is pressure waves and sudden bad pressure wave in a sealed chamber potentially deafening. External headphones better.

So are those noise-cancelling earphones bad for you? Whenever I'm wearing them and I swallow it feels like no pressure is getting out of my head or something.
► Show Spoiler

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » November 24th, 2015, 9:14 pm

Ashan wrote:
Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:@ashan ears do that when you stick things in them, they don't like that and it's probably bad for you. It is worse if there's no air flow out; sound is pressure waves and sudden bad pressure wave in a sealed chamber potentially deafening. External headphones better.

So are those noise-cancelling earphones bad for you? Whenever I'm wearing them and I swallow it feels like no pressure is getting out of my head or something.

Earphones yeah. Headphones are ok though. Generally at least; there might be exceptions to both rules.

<tovakj> yes

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » November 24th, 2015, 9:48 pm

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:So am I the only one who's phucked?

Nah, I fucked before :theart: . I also think my life is fucked :tsad2:.

But this reminds me: I sent a note to my boyfriend on Deviant Art almost a day ago, and he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'm a bit worried about him, since he usually responds in a few hours or so :undecided: .
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Ashan

Postby Ashan » November 24th, 2015, 10:03 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:
Ashan wrote:

Earphones yeah. Headphones are ok though. Generally at least; there might be exceptions to both rules.

I can't imagine hard-plastic headphones are that bad. I was previously using a set of old Apple earphones that I don't know where came from (my family has a lot of iPods, iPhones, and iPads laying around so we have a lot of them) but the left headphone seems to be dying out and also they never had particularly amazing sound in the first place. But I digress, I've used them for quite a while now, maybe over 2 years and they never gave much issue since they didn't really suction into my ear or anything. They were a lot more comfortable than these new ones I'm trying out.
For running and listening to music from my phone though, I don't really want a big headset. Earphones are much more convenient for that. I might look into buying a nice pair of Jaybirds or something at some point.
► Show Spoiler

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 24th, 2015, 10:41 pm

Ahahaha, apparently LUESoldat is one of those Christians who is super judgmental yet too stupid to realize that one of the major tenets of his religion is that it's only God's right to judge people.
💙💙💙

Ivy

Postby Ivy » November 24th, 2015, 11:00 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:

Nah, I fucked before :theart: . I also think my life is fucked :tsad2:.
But this reminds me: I sent a note to my boyfriend on Deviant Art almost a day ago, and he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'm a bit worried about him, since he usually responds in a few hours or so :undecided: .

what does tiamat think of your boyfriend, and vice-versa

also wow i didn't know people still used deviantart as a primary method of communication

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » November 24th, 2015, 11:31 pm

Ivy wrote:what does tiamat think of your boyfriend, and vice-versa

also wow i didn't know people still used deviantart as a primary method of communication

Both those relationships are open, so it doesn't matter. Nor do I think it matters what venue we use to talk; as long as it works, who cares?

Also, I can have a fantasy marriage if I want. If you're judging me, that's your problem :tangry:. And if you're not, and just asking a question, well...sorry.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » November 24th, 2015, 11:46 pm

phantasy relationship

moar liek

fucksimile

<tovakj> yes

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » November 24th, 2015, 11:53 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:phantasy relationship

moar liek

fucksimile

And WHAT do you mean by that?

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » November 25th, 2015, 12:13 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:
Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:phantasy relationship

moar liek

fucksimile

And WHAT do you mean by that?

what

moar liek

wat

(It's just a bad pointless pun for no reason other than to pretend to be stupid.

On a different note, omg everyone needs to watch this review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOzLJvYeGbU )

<tovakj> yes

Glitch
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground

Postby Glitch » November 25th, 2015, 1:00 am

Do you ever have one of those days where you just wake up and within the first twenty minutes of getting up, everything goes wrong, and it feels like the universe is telling you not to leave bed for the day
Today's one of those days, apprently

Don't worry, I am too, have been for a while now

Ashan wrote:I can't imagine hard-plastic headphones are that bad. I was previously using a set of old Apple earphones that I don't know where came from (my family has a lot of iPods, iPhones, and iPads laying around so we have a lot of them) but the left headphone seems to be dying out and also they never had particularly amazing sound in the first place. But I digress, I've used them for quite a while now, maybe over 2 years and they never gave much issue since they didn't really suction into my ear or anything. They were a lot more comfortable than these new ones I'm trying out.
For running and listening to music from my phone though, I don't really want a big headset. Earphones are much more convenient for that. I might look into buying a nice pair of Jaybirds or something at some point.

I don't know how you people can use those in-ear buds, they're super uncomfortable. I prefer headphones, but heaven forbid I can find a pair for under $20 that don't fall apart in two weeks. I'm stuck with regular ear buds, which at least are okay, until I can afford a better pair of headphones.

Alice wrote:Ahahaha, apparently LUESoldat is one of those Christians who is super judgmental yet too stupid to realize that one of the major tenets of his religion is that it's only God's right to judge people.

I haven't seen most of their comments, but I've heard about them. That's pretty hilarious.
ImageImageImage
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 25th, 2015, 1:11 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:I haven't seen most of their comments, but I've heard about them. That's pretty hilarious.

He's hilarious.
Alice wrote:Somehow it doesn't surprise me that as judgmental as LUESoldat is he's one of those 98IQ morons too stupid to realize that he's actually completely hypocritical in the eyes of his religion and thus only serves to make real Christians look bad.

LUESoldat wrote:+Alice I don't have a religion. I follow the word of God. Please prove to me from the word of God how I am being a hypocrite, otherwise please keep your emotional outbursts to yourself and sit on them. Thank you.

This is after he spent about 40 comments arguing with people about his religion too, lol. Several times during said arguing he basically flat out stated that God existing is a fact backed up by "logic". Logic in quotes because his logic here has an extremely fatal flaw. His argument defeats itself because he argues that things must have a cause and an intelligent creator must be that cause except he's conveniently overlooking that said creator would have no cause itself.

Edit: That "98IQ moron" I think I explained in the past but that's like his favorite insult to use towards people.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 25th, 2015, 1:21 am

Alice wrote:
Alice wrote:Somehow it doesn't surprise me that as judgmental as LUESoldat is he's one of those 98IQ morons too stupid to realize that he's actually completely hypocritical in the eyes of his religion and thus only serves to make real Christians look bad.

LUESoldat wrote:+Alice I don't have a religion. I follow the word of God. Please prove to me from the word of God how I am being a hypocrite, otherwise please keep your emotional outbursts to yourself and sit on them. Thank you.

This is after he spent about 40 comments arguing with people about his religion too, lol. Several times during said arguing he basically flat out stated that God existing is a fact backed up by "logic". Logic in quotes because his logic here has an extremely fatal flaw. His argument defeats itself because he argues that things must have a cause and an intelligent creator must be that cause except he's conveniently overlooking that said creator would have no cause itself.

Edit: That "98IQ moron" I think I explained in the past but that's like his favorite insult to use towards people.

"I don't have a religion. I follow the word of God."
I can't even lie, I almost spit-taked Pepsi all over my keyboard at that line. I was just about to take a drink, and I'm really, really glad I didn't because I started laughing really hard at that. I wasn't expecting that, to say the least.
Okay that entire comment is just A++++ gold right there.
Fucking hell, this entire post is gold. I don't even need to add anything further.
ImageImageImage

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 25th, 2015, 1:28 am

LUESoldat wrote:I don't have a religion. I follow the word of God.

Another thing to add to this.
I immediately read it in Joshua Graham's voice.
Which reminded me of this:

► Show Spoiler
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 25th, 2015, 1:45 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:"I don't have a religion. I follow the word of God."
I can't even lie, I almost spit-taked Pepsi all over my keyboard at that line. I was just about to take a drink, and I'm really, really glad I didn't because I started laughing really hard at that. I wasn't expecting that, to say the least.
Fucking hell, this entire post is gold. I don't even need to add anything further.

That's exactly why raocow refuses to block him from his Youtube comments, lol. He's freaking hilarious.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » November 25th, 2015, 2:18 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:
Alice wrote:

"I don't have a religion. I follow the word of God."

>"I don't have a religion. I follow the word of God."

This is actually, perhaps sadly, a mainstream belief held by fundies and a very undereducated subset of cafeteria christians who are mainly influenced by fundies. Like it took me a while to register why you pl thought it was out of place. I think it's especially associated with Way of the Master ministries (==Ray Comfort, who identifies as Jewish for what it's worth (messianic Jews are a thing)), as it's one of the little talking points he likes to give. But I've heard many other mainstream evangelising churches give the line, from baptists to nazarines to non-denoms to even a number of calvinists. I also think I've heard JWs give the line

To a much lesser degree I think it's related to anticatholic sentiment (cuz that's a religion), general misunderstandings of the protestant sole scriptura doctrine, and the general WASPy and inherited WEIRD idea that "we don't really have a culture" because of various reasons like never seeing themselves presented as an exotic or actually being familiar with other white people cultures. related article on this phenomenon http://www.zompist.com/amercult.htmlhtt ... rcult.html

<tovakj> yes

Ashan

Postby Ashan » November 25th, 2015, 2:24 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:"I don't have a religion. I follow the word of God."

This is a big thing in the Christian church now. They want to distance themselves from "religions" so they have these cute sayings like "Christianity isn't a religion, it's a relationship" and crap like that. It's so they can make double standards and bash religion without it applying to their own.
► Show Spoiler

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » November 25th, 2015, 2:39 am

This is why I'm not Christian [shakes head].

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 25th, 2015, 3:08 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:This is why I'm not Christian [shakes head].

I'm not Christian or remotely religious (atheistic agnostic apatheist here) but this is the sort of thing that immediately makes me write off someone as a total moron. Doesn't have the balls to make their own beliefs and just has to hide behind shitty excuses and bend the tenets of their proclaimed belief system to try and justify themselves. Pisses me off and makes a complete joke out of anyone who legitimately follows the same belief system they claim to. And to be clear I actually have no issues with religious people. I just have an issue with people who try to pull stupid shit with their proclaimed beliefs to try and justify really stupid shit.
💙💙💙

Ashan

Postby Ashan » November 25th, 2015, 3:32 am

I only read one book, but it's a good book don't you know
I act the way I act because the Good Book tells me so
If I wanna know how to be good, it's to the Good Book that I go
Cause the Good Book is a book and it is good and it's a book

I know the Good Book's good because the Good Book says it's good
I know the Good Book knows it's good because a really good book would
You wouldn't cook without a cookbook and I think it's understood
You can't be good without a Good Book, cause it's good and it's a book and it is good for... cookin'
► Show Spoiler

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » November 25th, 2015, 4:05 am

It occurs to me you probably meant has fucked and not is fucked, and I think we interpreted the latter and that's adorable in a http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUne8DpU8AAZ2YR.png sort of way

is: yeah probably. lived most of my life like i was gonna die at 16 and still kinda do despite being drinking age

has: not really. internet makes some things weird though so if it matters I've done almost everything you can do long distance

<tovakj> yes

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 25th, 2015, 4:40 am

I've come to the conclusion that more programs that rely on audio (Youtube, Windows Media Player, etc.) seriously need to include an option to let you control the volume using the mousewheel. It's so freaking convenient and once you get used to it trying to use sites or programs is a huge hassle because of it. I just spent time revamping my Rainmeter skin for Windows Media Player to include a background which I can just mousewheel over to control the volume. I use Youtube (with Magic Actions which includes an option for mousewheel volume control) and Media Player Classic (which includes it by default) quite often so it's a huge pain to not have, lol. I also randomly decided my skin needed a volume level meter which measures the last ten seconds worth of sounds.

As you can probably see there is a bit of an issue with measuring the volume. I can't seem to get it to actually scale to the background properly for some reason.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » November 25th, 2015, 4:49 am

Alice wrote:I've come to the conclusion that more programs that rely on audio (Youtube, Windows Media Player, etc.) seriously need to include an option to let you control the volume using the mousewheel. It's so freaking convenient and once you get used to it trying to use sites or programs is a huge hassle because of it. I just spent time revamping my Rainmeter skin for Windows Media Player to include a background which I can just mousewheel over to control the volume. I use Youtube (with Magic Actions which includes an option for mousewheel volume control) and Media Player Classic (which includes it by default) quite often so it's a huge pain to not have, lol. I also randomly decided my skin needed a volume level meter which measures the last ten seconds worth of sounds.

As you can probably see there is a bit of an issue with measuring the volume. I can't seem to get it to actually scale to the background properly for some reason.

That windows doesn't do this or didn t or something is always a bit of a mindfuck for me. I can also scroll over a flag icon to write in Куриллица or عَرَبِيَّة or so on, and my battery %age indicator to dim/brighten my screen. Sometimes I find myself vainly scrolling over my wifi too (although deep down I'm usually trying to change volume and am sleepy)

<tovakj> yes

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 25th, 2015, 4:55 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:>"I don't have a religion. I follow the word of God."

This is actually, perhaps sadly, a mainstream belief held by fundies and a very undereducated subset of cafeteria christians who are mainly influenced by fundies. Like it took me a while to register why you pl thought it was out of place. I think it's especially associated with Way of the Master ministries (==Ray Comfort, who identifies as Jewish for what it's worth (messianic Jews are a thing)), as it's one of the little talking points he likes to give. But I've heard many other mainstream evangelising churches give the line, from baptists to nazarines to non-denoms to even a number of calvinists. I also think I've heard JWs give the line

To a much lesser degree I think it's related to anticatholic sentiment (cuz that's a religion), general misunderstandings of the protestant sole scriptura doctrine, and the general WASPy and inherited WEIRD idea that "we don't really have a culture" because of various reasons like never seeing themselves presented as an exotic or actually being familiar with other white people cultures. related article on this phenomenon http://www.zompist.com/amercult.htmlhtt ... rcult.html

Ashan wrote:This is a big thing in the Christian church now. They want to distance themselves from "religions" so they have these cute sayings like "Christianity isn't a religion, it's a relationship" and crap like that. It's so they can make double standards and bash religion without it applying to their own.

I know, it's just stupid.
Idk, I just wasn't expecting that line.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 25th, 2015, 5:00 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:That windows doesn't do this or didn t or something is always a bit of a mindfuck for me. I can also scroll over a flag icon to write in Куриллица or عَرَبِيَّة or so on, and my battery %age indicator to dim/brighten my screen. Sometimes I find myself vainly scrolling over my wifi too (although deep down I'm usually trying to change volume and am sleepy)

I'm honestly surprised so few things actually do it. It's convenient as hell and feels extremely intuitive.

Then I'm also completely stupefied that there's stuff like SoundCloud which don't even include volume controls at all last I checked. Audio-based service. You had very few jobs there and you completely fumble one very important one.
💙💙💙

TheFinalSentinel

Postby TheFinalSentinel » November 25th, 2015, 5:24 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:I don't know how you people can use those in-ear buds, they're super uncomfortable. I prefer headphones, but heaven forbid I can find a pair for under $20 that don't fall apart in two weeks. I'm stuck with regular ear buds, which at least are okay, until I can afford a better pair of headphones.
beep boop

P.S. Yeah, LUE is one of the most hilariously infuriating commenters I've seen in a fair while.
It's great. Image

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 25th, 2015, 5:35 am

TheFinalSentinel wrote:beep boop

God, I wish I could order stuff online, or else I totally would. Heck, if I could find a pair like this in my city I would buy them. But heaven forbid anyone anywhere stock these or something similar.
ImageImageImage

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » November 25th, 2015, 6:10 am

Zummorr's christian, right? he's pretty cool, why can't lue into his jhc ism

<tovakj> yes

TheFinalSentinel

Postby TheFinalSentinel » November 25th, 2015, 6:43 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:
TheFinalSentinel wrote:beep boop

God, I wish I could order stuff online, or else I totally would. Heck, if I could find a pair like this in my city I would buy them. But heaven forbid anyone anywhere stock these or something similar.

Well, if you ever get the chance, I'd very much recommend those.

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 25th, 2015, 10:47 am

TheFinalSentinel wrote:Well, if you ever get the chance, I'd very much recommend those.

Thank you! I bookmarked it for later. It'll be good for my roomie as well because they much prefer headphones, too.
ImageImageImage

Return to “General Perversion”