Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
Speedless

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Speedless » October 23rd, 2015, 5:43 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:I'm still annoyed at the whole hiding/resetting post counts. I worked hard to get 1000. /crosses arms and pouts

Yeah, it seems to me that post counts provide some useful context. When new users start posting, for example, you can see that these are the first few posts they've made, instead of having to wonder whether they might be long-time members just coming back from hiatus or something. Post counts can be gamed, sort of, and you can't be sure that, for example, an Iso-Nation member with more posts than Alice (I'm not sure if we even have anyone who does at the moment) has been around since the beginning... but that also makes judging people by their post counts alone an iffy proposition.

Ivy wrote:all this time and i never noticed the bara shark in iso's posting style

Ivy wrote:the bara shark in iso's posting style

Ivy wrote:shark

... wait.

Isocitration, in the video description for video #3 of the Banjo-Kazooie LP, wrote:There are 3 kinds of animals that haunt my nightmares: bears, wolves, and sharks

And keeping in mind...

Batman, in "Batman Begins," wrote:Bats frighten me.

Calling it now: Incorporating a shark into his public persona, unobtrusively though it may be, is the beginning of Iso's quest to become Shark Man!

I'm so used to having to use \ to escape quotation marks if I want to put them inside another set of quotation marks...

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » October 23rd, 2015, 5:53 am

chridd wrote:(I've never seen anyone who's Asian whose skin looked yellow. Or anyone who wasn't a cartoon character/comic book character/video game character/smiley/etc. Then again, neither have I seen anyone who actually looked white, either. Also the origin of the word "yellow" seems to consist entirely of color-related terms, with nothing about race at all.)

Maybe try Guo Jingjing, Chinese Olympian -

Yellow skin more of a southern thing, more Vietnamese, Laotian, Thai, etc though they're usually redder. But white ethnic groups met non-altaic (who are red with blue eyes) east asian ethnic groups via trade via Indonesia, and they were distinguished mostly from 'negrito' populations, so yellow is because of these ethnic groups. But like, the Japanese think they're white Asians, at least historically - it was used for propaganda in wwII. And Koreans are about as pale, and so are a lot Chinese ethnic groups (the han kinda range from pale to dark), so understandable. There's also noise from human variety, lifestyle, or like human sexual dimorphism, where girls are almost universally lighter toned than men from the same ethnic group.

But you should also keep in mind the time and language when peoples were encountering each other through this. It was common for men to see men from the next village over as not much more than beasts, let alone continent. Men will use color terminology different than women do. And basic color terminology changes in languages. We discovered the new world before Shakespeare; words were a bit different then, for one thing - humans very in how they use color terminology. So like Russian, they make the same distinction we make with red and pink, but on blues - goluboy and siniy. Because of their experiences, though, black people aren't black - black people are Caucasians, as in 'swarthy' Georgians, Armenians, Chechans, Turks, or even Balkans and black seas peoples; pretty much anyone who isn't blonde or light haired. Orange wasn't a basic color term in English until after the Portuguese imported some from India. So there's a lot of terms from before then, especially in breeding terminology, reflecting earlier standards of basic color terminology: this is a red chow https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chow_Chow ... w.chow.jpg and this is a blue chow https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chow_Chow ... owa_61.jpg and yet that very file names it with the polish for black (czarny). And with that sort of thing, even though Old English had a term for purple (basu), when we adopted the Roman word we for some reason started calling a particular kind of cabbage red, and the Germans going through the same thing blue.

So like it's all relative and it's about what people who didn't necessarily have basic color terms for some things thought was the prevailing color, not necessarily the same the color. There was some controversy stirred up a few years ago actually with the Himba tribe asserting basic color terminology even had an effect on perception, but its methodology was flawed and miscommunicated (the BBC had a different interpretation than the paper's authors) and even then, the Himba were from Namibia which is about as genetically far as you can get from the rest of humanity. But like, words don't have meanings, they have usages (the map is not the territory), so this kind of variety is to be expected and not really thought much of.
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » October 23rd, 2015, 6:00 am

Speedless wrote:an Iso-Nation member with more posts than Alice (I'm not sure if we even have anyone who does at the moment)

You can actually check that here. I've got nearly twice as many posts as the next highest poster. It's partly because I'm so active on the site (this actually happens on any forum I'm a member of. Despite the fact I don't go out of my way to post often I end up with a pretty high post count to the point where I'll even refrain from posting because it gets a bit absurd, lol) and partly because I've made so many posts directly related to the site itself such as the rules stickies or posts discussing site stuff in the admin forum.
💙💙💙

Glitch
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground

Postby Glitch » October 23rd, 2015, 6:10 am

Alice wrote:I think it was probably just the server needing to be restarted or something. Windows servers aren't known for their uptime even if they have improved a lot over the years. Honestly I'm a bit amazed there's been so few issues with site stability until now as it is. The site has only even gone down a handful of times since I first got it up and running and until now it's never been more than like 5-10 minutes at most.

Edit: Anyone wanna be grossed out?

I was mostly confused because I could navigate elsewhere on the forums, but it refused to let me post. Oh well. It was only bitching about Skype anyway.
Since I've been here, the site has been pretty good about being up. Today was the longest it's ever been out, I think.

Also: maybe it's just me, but I'm not terribly squicked by that? It's not pleasant, but it's not making my skin crawl, either.

Alice wrote:You can actually check that here. I've got nearly twice as many posts as the next highest poster. It's partly because I'm so active on the site (this actually happens on any forum I'm a member of. Despite the fact I don't go out of my way to post often I end up with a pretty high post count to the point where I'll even refrain from posting because it gets a bit absurd, lol) and partly because I've made so many posts directly related to the site itself such as the rules stickies or posts discussing site stuff in the admin forum.

Oh hey, I'm pretty far up the list.

Speedless wrote:Yeah, it seems to me that post counts provide some useful context. When new users start posting, for example, you can see that these are the first few posts they've made, instead of having to wonder whether they might be long-time members just coming back from hiatus or something. Post counts can be gamed, sort of, and you can't be sure that, for example, an Iso-Nation member with more posts than Alice (I'm not sure if we even have anyone who does at the moment) has been around since the beginning... but that also makes judging people by their post counts alone an iffy proposition.

That's basically it though. Especially sometimes, there were people who popped up had an account for years but only posted rarely, so I wouldn't recognize them, so I'd have to navigate to the userpage, then their post search thing just to see how many posts they actually have. It's a pain in the ass.
ImageImageImage
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » October 23rd, 2015, 6:15 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:Today was the longest it's ever been out, I think.

Unless there's been a longer period it was out while I was asleep (which I doubt because someone would have mentioned it at some point) this one's definitely the longest by a long shot.
Also: maybe it's just me, but I'm not terribly squicked by that? It's not pleasant, but it's not making my skin crawl, either.

It actually doesn't bug me much either. But then bugs and spiders in general actually really don't bother me. Most people I know though are really awful with bugs. My mom can't handle spiders, moths, or butterflies in particular. She especially seems to handle the moths really badly for whatever reason. She freaks out any time one comes near her, lol.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » October 23rd, 2015, 6:19 am

Alice wrote:It actually doesn't bug me much either. But then bugs and spiders in general actually really don't bother me. Most people I know though are really awful with bugs. My mom can't handle spiders, moths, or butterflies in particular. She especially seems to handle the moths really badly for whatever reason. She freaks out any time one comes near her, lol.

I used to not like bugs as a kid, but I find since I lived alone with my roommate and had to deal with them, it's not so much an issue now. I still don't like wasps and bigger spiders, but eh, what can you do.
Butterflies, seriously?
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » October 23rd, 2015, 6:48 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:I used to not like bugs as a kid, but I find since I lived alone with my roommate and had to deal with them, it's not so much an issue now. I still don't like wasps and bigger spiders, but eh, what can you do.
Butterflies, seriously?

I've always had to deal with the bugs my sister and mother don't like so they stopped bothering me long long ago, lol. Wasps are assholes though. Back in 2009 when I was in Idaho for six months I got stung a grand total of like two dozen times due to wasps. Granted about 1/4th-1/2 of those were actually during a single occurrence where some wasps made a new nest right on a trail I'd hiked down numerous times but the rest of them were completely unprovoked and were more often than not a result of me just trying to make a sandwich and a wasp getting too close and far too often ending up getting pinned between my arm and shirt.

And yeah, I really don't get what her issue is with moths and butterflies. It's the same principle with both of them, it's the fact they flutter around. (Butterflies are just a lot rarer an occurrence around here.) Then I've never actually been one to really understand irrational fears in the first place. All the fears I've ever had in my life were always directly related to occurrences in my life and were things I got over. Most notably was my fear of water after nearly drowning when I was like 6-7 or so (I'm still uncomfortable in water but that's more because I physically cannot float and I'm a pretty weak swimmer on top of that than actual fear) and after a dog nearly tore out my throat when I was 13 I was uncomfortable around dogs for a few months after that. Past those any fears I might have had were drowned out by a fear of my father who scared the freaking shit out of me (as in making me legitimately fear for my life) on a very consistent basis.
💙💙💙

Aposke
Location: Take my post count and subtract 400. That's how many good posts I've made

Postby Aposke » October 23rd, 2015, 7:12 am

Spiders are the worst.
There was one near my toothbrush this morning. I spent a good 10 minutes disinfecting it afterwards.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » October 23rd, 2015, 7:49 am

yup

https://twitter.com/FatherOfNun/status/570235766195908608 fud fur spdrons georg
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

Glitch

Postby Glitch » October 23rd, 2015, 7:59 am

Alice wrote:I've always had to deal with the bugs my sister and mother don't like so they stopped bothering me long long ago, lol. Wasps are assholes though. Back in 2009 when I was in Idaho for six months I got stung a grand total of like two dozen times due to wasps. Granted about 1/4th-1/2 of those were actually during a single occurrence where some wasps made a new nest right on a trail I'd hiked down numerous times but the rest of them were completely unprovoked and were more often than not a result of me just trying to make a sandwich and a wasp getting too close and far too often ending up getting pinned between my arm and shirt.

And yeah, I really don't get what her issue is with moths and butterflies. It's the same principle with both of them, it's the fact they flutter around. (Butterflies are just a lot rarer an occurrence around here.) Then I've never actually been one to really understand irrational fears in the first place. All the fears I've ever had in my life were always directly related to occurrences in my life and were things I got over. Most notably was my fear of water after nearly drowning when I was like 6-7 or so (I'm still uncomfortable in water but that's more because I physically cannot float and I'm a pretty weak swimmer on top of that than actual fear) and after a dog nearly tore out my throat when I was 13 I was uncomfortable around dogs for a few months after that. Past those any fears I might have had were drowned out by a fear of my father who scared the freaking shit out of me (as in making me legitimately fear for my life) on a very consistent basis.

And yet, I've always been told by most others that they're harmless unless provoked. My roommate's told me otherwise, too. But man, that sucks. I've never actually been stung, so I don't even know if I'm allergic. I hope I'm not.

What unfortunate life experiences. D: We'll get you some floaties. <3 How did a dog almost tear your throat out? That's an asshole parent. But then again, I think I recall you complaining about him before. I'm sorry your dad was a complete ass.
The only super irrational fear I've ever had is needles, and that was because I had a horrible allergic reaction to the tetanus shot they gave me before kindergarten. My arm was so swollen that the health board came and looked at it, according to my mom. I remember it being so painful I had to hold my arm straight out just to be able to hold a controller to play games. I didn't like needles to begin with as a kid, but that just reinforced the fear. Luckily, due to health issues that required blood tests, and a wonderful blood tech who was super patient and understanding, I got over my fear significantly and can now get my blood taken without any anxiety at all. My goal is to eventually get my shots up to date, maybe excluding the tetanus. I''m gonna get my doctor's opinion on the last one.
I have a minor fear of heights, but it's mostly accidentally falling over the edge rather than the height itself that scares me. Which is hilariously ironic cause I love being up high.

Aposke wrote:Spiders are the worst.
There was one near my toothbrush this morning. I spent a good 10 minutes disinfecting it afterwards.

That's disgusting. Be thankful you didn't accidentally fumble and drop your toothbrush into the toilet because your father leaves the seat up. Because I did that a while ago. And even if it was flushed and relatively clean, that's not the principle of the matter. Just... gross.
I bought a new toothbrush a couple days later.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » October 23rd, 2015, 8:35 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:And yet, I've always been told by most others that they're harmless unless provoked. My roommate's told me otherwise, too. But man, that sucks. I've never actually been stung, so I don't even know if I'm allergic. I hope I'm not.

I dunno what their issue was but the ones in that area seemed to REALLY hate me for some reason. I was there 6 months and despite the fact three young children, my sister, and my father and his wife at the time all lived there I was the only person to ever get stung by one. I'm not allergic but it's still annoying to get stung. More so because it tends to itch like crazy for awhile afterwards than anything else. The ones that got into my shirt and bit me as well as sting me were the only ones that actually hurt all that much because their bite was worse than their sting other than the fact that one didn't itch.
What unfortunate life experiences. D: We'll get you some floaties. <3 How did a dog almost tear your throat out? That's an asshole parent. But then again, I think I recall you complaining about him before. I'm sorry your dad was a complete ass.

My ex-stepdad had lent the neighbor across the street some tool and asked me to get it back for him. These neighbors had a dog who'd had a long history of being very aggressive with people and other animals and animal control refused to do anything about it. I went over and knocked on their door which was cracked open a few inches. Next thing I knew the door flew open and the dog was flying through the air at me. The only reason it managed not to tear out my throat was that as we fell I managed to wedge my elbow into its chest making it so it could only just barely reach my neck instead. (Barely still meaning it missed my jugular by less than a millimeter though.) And yeah, when it comes to my personal problems quite a lot of them stem directly from him and plenty more were exacerbated by him. I actually haven't seen him since the start of 2010 and have no interest in dealing with him at this point anyways though. I'm more interested in trying to work through the various issues I have because of him.
The only super irrational fear I've ever had is needles, and that was because I had a horrible allergic reaction to the tetanus shot they gave me before kindergarten. My arm was so swollen that the health board came and looked at it, according to my mom. I remember it being so painful I had to hold my arm straight out just to be able to hold a controller to play games. I didn't like needles to begin with as a kid, but that just reinforced the fear. Luckily, due to health issues that required blood tests, and a wonderful blood tech who was super patient and understanding, I got over my fear significantly and can now get my blood taken without any anxiety at all. My goal is to eventually get my shots up to date, maybe excluding the tetanus. I''m gonna get my doctor's opinion on the last one.
I have a minor fear of heights, but it's mostly accidentally falling over the edge rather than the height itself that scares me. Which is hilariously ironic cause I love being up high.

I don't think that one is irrational personally. From my point of view at least it's completely logical to fear something that clearly caused you significant discomfort or pain.

And I can understand heights to a point. I wouldn't say I'm really afraid of heights, more uncomfortable around them when there's nothing keeping me from going over the edge. That mostly stems from the fact that I actually get dizzy from heights though. I think it might stem from my bad vision. Since I can't find a spot to focus on it easily throws me off balance. Either way it's never actually stopped me from being in high places anyways. With my ex-girlfriend we went hiking once nearby and there was this cliff face that was ~60-70 meters tall or so with this small outcropping on the corner that was around 1m long by 1/2 a meter wide or so and about half a meter lower than the rest of the ground that had a small tree on it. I didn't hesitate to step out on to it to get a better view, though you can be damned sure I never let go of the tree while I was out there, lol.

Fear of any sort has never actually been too much of an issue for me to overcome. Back in highschool one of my classes went on a field trip to the Portland Underground which is pretty dark and has that creepy feeling of being abandoned or even haunted to most people. At one point we went to this room which had a really small cell with bars on one side that were so close together I could barely even fit my fingers between them (that's saying a lot because I have pretty thin fingers) that the tour guide wanted us to go into one by one. Because there was an empty room with almost no lighting on the other side of the bars everyone was too afraid to go in until I volunteered to go in first despite the fact that that abandoned feeling is actually one I'm not a fan of. There was also an incident when I was in Idaho where I was out hiking around and accidentally stayed out too late. We were living on the edge of the forest in an area that had a lot of coyotes and in particular during a time where there was a pack of wolves running around people had had run ins with. I was a solid mile or so out when I realized that it was getting too dark and I needed to go back. Hearing the coyotes waking up around you and being fairly close is not fun when it's dark. By the time I broke through the tree line back to the road I could barely see anything at all. Despite having a real reason to fear for my life I managed to not panic and even navigated surprisingly well considering the lighting conditions and situation. I actually only broke through the tree line about 150-200 feet away from where I was aiming in the first place.

I can't say for sure why it is that I can handle fear as well as I do in comparison to most people though. The only real explanation I have is that due to the fact I had to legitimately fear for my life with my dad but could do nothing about it other than learn to live with that fear had the effect of drowning out other kinds of fear and making them seem minor in comparison and since I had to learn to live with that fear of him I can refrain from panicking and keep relatively calm and rational. Might stem from a shitty cause but I can't say that it hasn't had some positive effects on my life at least. It means in a crisis I'm pretty reliable and in situations where others might be too panicked or shocked to act I'll almost always be the first one to act. Edit: Though on the flip side it has made me a little bit reckless at times, though it's never caused a real issue other than getting me in trouble such as when I was playing hackeysack with some friends and it got kicked onto the roof of our school and I climbed up to get it on multiple occasions so it wouldn't get washed into the gutter and lost forever. It was a 15-20 foot drop to get back down and I always just jumped down after making sure no one was in the way, lol.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » October 23rd, 2015, 10:38 am

I decided to try and play around with kernels a little bit. Arch ships a generic kernel that just works, but you always get smaller, faster core systems if you compile for your system's architecture and it's needed stuff; though for modern systems, the gains are honestly... marginal (which is to say, I'm silly)

There's a patchset that almost everyone recommends that uses a different scheduler, which is kinda like what memory management is like super close to the metal. The os has to allocate resources and know how to do so in a way that doesn't bring down the whole system, basically. I've been using this

But there's also another package that's actually supported officially that includes that, as well as patches that include a faster thing for reading data from like harddrives and stuff, a thing I won't use but would make hibernation more efficient, and a patch that gets rid of some redundant redundancies (i.e. stuff that isn't there as a fallback)

I didn't use the second patchset at first because it only offered generic patchsets, but the first one was built to my target architecture. It didn't occur to me that I could use the settings from the first when building the second to make it so I build the second to my target architecture. But I'm doin that

tl;dr So, well, this is my way of saying, holy fuck what am I doing why am I doing it and why has it been compiling for over an hour im ridiculous amd should be ashamed

EDIT: somehow i built it without network support so i guess I'm sticking with the first package for now

<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » October 23rd, 2015, 1:20 pm

ah
ahh

gloria in excelsis deo

ah

<tovakj> yes

Frozelar

Postby Frozelar » October 23rd, 2015, 2:09 pm

Alice wrote:Personal recommendation: If you're not going to be doing something like high resolution video editing and such then an 8 core processor is going to be a bit of a waste.

I... yeah, I completely see what you mean. An FX-6300 or FX-6350 could probably be perfectly fine for me. My main concern is just if I decide to pick up some activity in the future that COULD use all the cores. Like, who knows, I might actually end up doing high-resolution video editing.
Then again, it IS a like $70-$80 difference... I dunno. Maybe I will change it. I mean, I can always replace it with a new processor in the future, right?
AH! I don't know! Thank you very much for the advice; it really gives me something to think about.

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » October 23rd, 2015, 2:34 pm

Gotta ask: why are companies demanding stronger and stronger password security? I get what they're trying to do, but don't they realize that it's been shown that demanding people never revert to old passwords, change them every few months, etc. can actually LOWER security, since ordinary people don't have the patience for this shit and will start doing things like writing them down, or using universal passwords, or something? If you try to get everything, you end up with nothing. I feel like I've made this rant before (even tying it into "abstinence-only" "sex-ed" (and yes, the latter are scare quotes), which is another way that people are trying to get everything and ending up with nothing), but I feel it needs repeating :tangry:!
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Frozelar

Postby Frozelar » October 23rd, 2015, 3:27 pm

Man, I guess I don't understand why the Nvidia GTX 970 is supposedly better than the 960. Looking at the specs, they're like exactly the same: 4GB DDR5 memory with between 1.10 and 1.30 Ghz clock speed, depending on which models you compare. And like all the other specs look the same as far as I can tell.
I'm also confused about how you can get an AMD Radeon R9 390 card for roughly the same price as a GTX 970 that has 8GB of ram instead of 4 and a nearly-as-good clock speed (like 1.05Ghz). Other sites basically just say "they're both great buys" so I dunno, I guess I'll stick with the R9 390?

I really hope I'm not bugging anyone with all these questions. Maybe they'd be more appropriate on like the buildapc subreddit or something, haha.

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Gotta ask: why are companies demanding stronger and stronger password security?

Yeah I completely agree with you here. Like lately it seems like more and more websites are making it a requirement to register to have at least one capital letter, lowercase letter, number, and symbol. I'm glad they're concerned with the security of their users but like you said making all these things a requirement could actually spawn more problems than it solved.
Maybe instead just bring up a warning message or something that says "you only used lowercase letters what are you asking to get hacked" or something.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » October 23rd, 2015, 4:25 pm

Can I just say, criminalizing birth control is a FUCKING TERRIBLE IDEA? Yet some "religious right" retards are trying it:http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/religious-right-activists-argue-recriminalization-birth-control-birth-control-movie. Anything to make me feel better about this would be nice :tsad2:
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » October 23rd, 2015, 5:23 pm

what the fuck, they apparently want the world even more overpopulated huh
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » October 23rd, 2015, 5:35 pm

Jolpengammler wrote:what the fuck, they apparently want the world even more overpopulated huh

Not to mention, they want the quality of life for women and children to decline :tsad2: . At the least, if these fuckers get their way, we'd need more child-care services, more domestic abuse shelters, more EMS crews for the return of back-alley abortions, and so on and so on.

Thankfully though, I don't see them having much success, the way things are now, since they're quite on the fringe, but it's the principle of the thing :tangry: !

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » October 23rd, 2015, 6:19 pm

I personally believe any woman who wants birth control should have it for free! Also my waters back on :')
A man of many voices

Frozelar

Postby Frozelar » October 23rd, 2015, 6:43 pm

Okay so this guy on r/buildapc is trying to tell me that the Core i3 is better than the FX-8350, that DDR3-1600 RAM is better than 2133, and that my motherboard's sound is better than my sound card. Now, I'm no hardware expert, but I'm pretty darn sure those are all completely wrong... right?

Frozelar

Postby Frozelar » October 23rd, 2015, 8:36 pm

Well, as per what I was told I should do on r/buildapc, I came up with this other build that has a Core i7-4790K CPU and a GTX 970 GPU. I guess it just really blows me away that an i7-4790K is somehow clearly better than an FX-3850 even though it has less cores and they're the same speed. I guess it's the hyper-threading?
And I'm also really surprised that the GTX 970 is apparently better than the Radeon R9 390 even though the 390 has 4 GB more memory and is only slightly slower.

It would appear I'm really missing something as far as hardware, haha.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » October 23rd, 2015, 11:23 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Gotta ask: why are companies demanding stronger and stronger password security? I get what they're trying to do, but don't they realize that it's been shown that demanding people never revert to old passwords, change them every few months, etc. can actually LOWER security, since ordinary people don't have the patience for this shit and will start doing things like writing them down, or using universal passwords, or something? If you try to get everything, you end up with nothing. I feel like I've made this rant before (even tying it into "abstinence-only" "sex-ed" (and yes, the latter are scare quotes), which is another way that people are trying to get everything and ending up with nothing), but I feel it needs repeating :tangry:!

Secure passwords are important but how they're stored is just as important. Most people now realize that a password should at least have caps, lowercase, numbers, and symbols. The ones who don't use them are typically just too lazy to bother. Personally I use a variety of passwords. I have one insecure password that even a lot of my friends know as well as some people online which I use for accounts I don't care about and for things that other people will need access to. Then I use another for most other accounts and past that I have several passwords that are a lot more complex and required me to write them down to actually remember them all which I use on the sites that need uniquely secure passwords. (Ie: My Steam account and the email it's tied to both have different passwords on the off chance one gets hacked or something.)
Frozelar wrote:Well, as per what I was told I should do on r/buildapc, I came up with this other build that has a Core i7-4790K CPU and a GTX 970 GPU. I guess it just really blows me away that an i7-4790K is somehow clearly better than an FX-3850 even though it has less cores and they're the same speed. I guess it's the hyper-threading?
And I'm also really surprised that the GTX 970 is apparently better than the Radeon R9 390 even though the 390 has 4 GB more memory and is only slightly slower.

It would appear I'm really missing something as far as hardware, haha.

I can't say it's the same way with ATI's graphics cards but I know for a fact that AMD's processors are a bit weird when it comes to clock speed. They're almost always actually worse than an Intel processor of the same speed. Even a lot of people who predominantly buy AMD will actually recommend Intel to anyone who can afford them.

Also the 970 is a great card despite the miscommunication between nVidia and its customer base over how some of its memory work. People really blew that out of proportion. My graphics card is a 970 and despite running three monitors (2560x1440, 1080p, and 1366x768) I haven't run into a situation where I could even use enough vram to hit the 3/3.5+gb mark. It's only even a remote concern at 4k resolutions and even then you're more likely to run into issues related to the card being unable to perform well enough regardless of the memory deal.
💙💙💙

Frozelar

Postby Frozelar » October 23rd, 2015, 11:42 pm

I used to use a lot of really simple passwords (like 6 characters, all lowercase letters) but a couple years ago I changed all my passwords to a combination of all of my previous passwords, and added a bunch of stuff between. Plus I change the password here and there depending on what site it's for. So they end up being really really really long. I guess the only thing I don't do at this point as far as security is regularly changing my passwords. I dunno.

Alice wrote:I can't say it's the same way with ATI's graphics cards but I know for a fact that AMD's processors are a bit weird when it comes to clock speed. They're almost always actually worse than an Intel processor of the same speed. Even a lot of people who predominantly buy AMD will actually recommend Intel to anyone who can afford them.

Also the 970 is a great card despite the miscommunication between nVidia and its customer base over how some of its memory work. People really blew that out of proportion. My graphics card is a 970 and despite running three monitors (2560x1440, 1080p, and 1366x768) I haven't run into a situation where I could even use enough vram to hit the 3/3.5+gb mark. It's only even a remote concern at 4k resolutions and even then you're more likely to run into issues related to the card being unable to perform well enough regardless of the memory deal.

Huh, yeah, that's weird, but I guess I'll go with the Intel/Nvidia build then. Now my real question is i7-4790 vs i7-6700, but they seem like exactly the same so I guess I'll save the $20 and go with the 4790. I mean I know one is Haswell and one is Skylake but as far as I know that doesn't really make much of a difference?

And thank you for the testimony for the GTX 970. That really boosts my confidence for investing in one!

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » October 23rd, 2015, 11:43 pm

Anyone wanna play CaH?
A man of many voices

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » October 23rd, 2015, 11:58 pm

Huh, so apparently that scanlator group I joined has kinda stalled. I'd completely spaced it until now but someone made a post on the team board wondering if anyone was even still around. I haven't been around since June because I took a break after the last chapter I cleaned thinking that the next chapter would be finished up and released within like a month or two at most, lol. Considering it was just in the quality check phase it really doesn't seem like it should take 4 months. Though I suppose even if it was finished it doesn't seem like it'd be released since the main reason the group stalled was because the person running the group kinda disappeared which she apparently does on occasion and that leaves no one at all in charge because she's the only one with admin privileges for anything from what someone said.
Frozelar wrote:Huh, yeah, that's weird, but I guess I'll go with the Intel/Nvidia build then. Now my real question is i7-4790 vs i7-6700, but they seem like exactly the same so I guess I'll save the $20 and go with the 4790. I mean I know one is Haswell and one is Skylake but as far as I know that doesn't really make much of a difference?

Most likely the 6700 is either a bit faster despite the same clock speed (a newer generation means more optimizations) or simply better power consumption. It's very dependent on the generation though. I can't speak for the 5xxx or 6xxx series but when I rebuilt my computer I went with a Haswell and its biggest improvements over the 3xxx series were slight performance optimizations and better power consumption. (Albeit worse temperatures but in my experience with mine that's not actually a huge deal anyways. My processor hasn't gone above 56ºC at any point in its life so far.)
And thank you for the testimony for the GTX 970. That really boosts my confidence for investing in one!

No problem!
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » October 24th, 2015, 12:01 am

Alice wrote:I dunno what their issue was but the ones in that area seemed to REALLY hate me for some reason. I was there 6 months and despite the fact three young children, my sister, and my father and his wife at the time all lived there I was the only person to ever get stung by one. I'm not allergic but it's still annoying to get stung. More so because it tends to itch like crazy for awhile afterwards than anything else. The ones that got into my shirt and bit me as well as sting me were the only ones that actually hurt all that much because their bite was worse than their sting other than the fact that one didn't itch.

Ouch. I'm still glad I haven't been stung.

My ex-stepdad had lent the neighbor across the street some tool and asked me to get it back for him. These neighbors had a dog who'd had a long history of being very aggressive with people and other animals and animal control refused to do anything about it. I went over and knocked on their door which was cracked open a few inches. Next thing I knew the door flew open and the dog was flying through the air at me. The only reason it managed not to tear out my throat was that as we fell I managed to wedge my elbow into its chest making it so it could only just barely reach my neck instead. (Barely still meaning it missed my jugular by less than a millimeter though.) And yeah, when it comes to my personal problems quite a lot of them stem directly from him and plenty more were exacerbated by him. I actually haven't seen him since the start of 2010 and have no interest in dealing with him at this point anyways though. I'm more interested in trying to work through the various issues I have because of him.

Jesus Christ. Animal control should've taken care of that dog.
At least you don't see your dad now so you can work through the issues you do have.

I don't think that one is irrational personally. From my point of view at least it's completely logical to fear something that clearly caused you significant discomfort or pain.

I suppose so, but it wasn't the needle itself that caused it. But, y'know, that's how the brain works. Thank god for mostly being over it now.

And I can understand heights to a point. I wouldn't say I'm really afraid of heights, more uncomfortable around them when there's nothing keeping me from going over the edge. That mostly stems from the fact that I actually get dizzy from heights though. I think it might stem from my bad vision. Since I can't find a spot to focus on it easily throws me off balance. Either way it's never actually stopped me from being in high places anyways. With my ex-girlfriend we went hiking once nearby and there was this cliff face that was ~60-70 meters tall or so with this small outcropping on the corner that was around 1m long by 1/2 a meter wide or so and about half a meter lower than the rest of the ground that had a small tree on it. I didn't hesitate to step out on to it to get a better view, though you can be damned sure I never let go of the tree while I was out there, lol.

That sounds like the time I went onto the ferris wheel with my friends. Loved the view, never let go of the center pole.

Fear of any sort has never actually been too much of an issue for me to overcome. Back in highschool one of my classes went on a field trip to the Portland Underground which is pretty dark and has that creepy feeling of being abandoned or even haunted to most people. At one point we went to this room which had a really small cell with bars on one side that were so close together I could barely even fit my fingers between them (that's saying a lot because I have pretty thin fingers) that the tour guide wanted us to go into one by one. Because there was an empty room with almost no lighting on the other side of the bars everyone was too afraid to go in until I volunteered to go in first despite the fact that that abandoned feeling is actually one I'm not a fan of. There was also an incident when I was in Idaho where I was out hiking around and accidentally stayed out too late. We were living on the edge of the forest in an area that had a lot of coyotes and in particular during a time where there was a pack of wolves running around people had had run ins with. I was a solid mile or so out when I realized that it was getting too dark and I needed to go back. Hearing the coyotes waking up around you and being fairly close is not fun when it's dark. By the time I broke through the tree line back to the road I could barely see anything at all. Despite having a real reason to fear for my life I managed to not panic and even navigated surprisingly well considering the lighting conditions and situation. I actually only broke through the tree line about 150-200 feet away from where I was aiming in the first place.

Honestly, outside of my needle phobia, I don't have any other fears. Lucky me, I suppose.

I can't say for sure why it is that I can handle fear as well as I do in comparison to most people though. The only real explanation I have is that due to the fact I had to legitimately fear for my life with my dad but could do nothing about it other than learn to live with that fear had the effect of drowning out other kinds of fear and making them seem minor in comparison and since I had to learn to live with that fear of him I can refrain from panicking and keep relatively calm and rational. Might stem from a shitty cause but I can't say that it hasn't had some positive effects on my life at least. It means in a crisis I'm pretty reliable and in situations where others might be too panicked or shocked to act I'll almost always be the first one to act. Edit: Though on the flip side it has made me a little bit reckless at times, though it's never caused a real issue other than getting me in trouble such as when I was playing hackeysack with some friends and it got kicked onto the roof of our school and I climbed up to get it on multiple occasions so it wouldn't get washed into the gutter and lost forever. It was a 15-20 foot drop to get back down and I always just jumped down after making sure no one was in the way, lol.

It probably became your norm to deal with the daily fear-for-your-life your dad brought on. At least it did bring out something good, even if it did bring out some recklessness.

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Can I just say, criminalizing birth control is a FUCKING TERRIBLE IDEA? Yet some "religious right" retards are trying it:http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/religious-right-activists-argue-recriminalization-birth-control-birth-control-movie. Anything to make me feel better about this would be nice :tsad2:

Do they not realize that birth control is USED TO TREAT SOME DISEASES? Take it from someone who has to be on it or else their period will disappear for months on end.

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Gotta ask: why are companies demanding stronger and stronger password security? I get what they're trying to do, but don't they realize that it's been shown that demanding people never revert to old passwords, change them every few months, etc. can actually LOWER security, since ordinary people don't have the patience for this shit and will start doing things like writing them down, or using universal passwords, or something? If you try to get everything, you end up with nothing. I feel like I've made this rant before (even tying it into "abstinence-only" "sex-ed" (and yes, the latter are scare quotes), which is another way that people are trying to get everything and ending up with nothing), but I feel it needs repeating :tangry:!

Secure passwords are important but how they're stored is just as important. Most people now realize that a password should at least have caps, lowercase, numbers, and symbols. The ones who don't use them are typically just too lazy to bother. Personally I use a variety of passwords. I have one insecure password that even a lot of my friends know as well as some people online which I use for accounts I don't care about and for things that other people will need access to. Then I use another for most other accounts and past that I have several passwords that are a lot more complex and required me to write them down to actually remember them all which I use on the sites that need uniquely secure passwords. (Ie: My Steam account and the email it's tied to both have different passwords on the off chance one gets hacked or something.)

I understand that you should have secure passwords, but there does get to be a point where it does get pretty ridiculous.

On a side note I fucking hate our ISP. Part of the box system bullshit they have set up in our storage room started beeping every half an hour. My dad phoned to find out why it was doing that, only to discover the back-up battery inside was dying and needed to be replaced. However, they refused to come out and change it. For three days we had to listen to the damn thing go off because my dad wouldn't do anything about it (and no one else can phone because his name is on the account and they refuse to listen to anyone else). This morning my dad phoned and actually found out that we had to go the battery store and purchase a new battery, which is fucking stupid because it's their god damn equipment, and my parents were NEVER told of this when they got this upgraded system a couple years back. Not to mention, WHY does this system need a back-up battery?? Anyway, he was gonna do it tomorrow, but I was fed up with it today after hearing it go off in half-hour intervals. I managed to get the case open after having to unplug the power bar and other things to get to it. Took a good ten-fifteen minutes to figure out how to open the damn thing and pull the battery out without breaking anything. And to top it off? The new battery was fifty bucks.
ImageImageImage

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » October 24th, 2015, 1:07 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Can I just say, criminalizing birth control is a FUCKING TERRIBLE IDEA? Yet some "religious right" retards are trying it:http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/religious-right-activists-argue-recriminalization-birth-control-birth-control-movie. Anything to make me feel better about this would be nice :tsad2:

Do they not realize that birth control is USED TO TREAT SOME DISEASES? Take it from someone who has to be on it or else their period will disappear for months on end.

Clearly not. But then, they don't care about women anyway :tsad2:

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » October 24th, 2015, 1:10 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:Jesus Christ. Animal control should've taken care of that dog.

Yeah, I don't get why they refused. My area has a three strikes deal with pets in that if they attack and injure three people and/or other pets then they'll get put down. While my injury was the only serious one this dog had attacked a lot of other people and animals including my family's dog on multiple occasions.
At least you don't see your dad now so you can work through the issues you do have.

Yeah, he's in prison anyways though so it'd be a hassle to deal with him even if I wanted to. And he shouldn't be able to find out where I live either if he wanted to just try and show up one day after he's out since I think the only people who might tell him are people I've fallen out of contact with over the years.
It probably became your norm to deal with the daily fear-for-your-life your dad brought on. At least it did bring out something good, even if it did bring out some recklessness.

My recklessness is tempered by the fact I'm cautious at least. Though that hasn't stopped me in the past from some really stupid shit like very excessive speeding in my last car. (145mph which is ~230kph.) Though I don't do that sort of thing anymore either.
I understand that you should have secure passwords, but there does get to be a point where it does get pretty ridiculous.

Yeah, it does get pretty ridiculous. That's actually why I only use my most secure passwords on important sites and just write them down otherwise. Unless someone robs my house no one is going to get access to the written versions and if that does happen my family and I would have greater concerns.
On a side note I fucking hate our ISP. Part of the box system bullshit they have set up in our storage room started beeping every half an hour. My dad phoned to find out why it was doing that, only to discover the back-up battery inside was dying and needed to be replaced. However, they refused to come out and change it. For three days we had to listen to the damn thing go off because my dad wouldn't do anything about it (and no one else can phone because his name is on the account and they refuse to listen to anyone else). This morning my dad phoned and actually found out that we had to go the battery store and purchase a new battery, which is fucking stupid because it's their god damn equipment, and my parents were NEVER told of this when they got this upgraded system a couple years back. Not to mention, WHY does this system need a back-up battery?? Anyway, he was gonna do it tomorrow, but I was fed up with it today after hearing it go off in half-hour intervals. I managed to get the case open after having to unplug the power bar and other things to get to it. Took a good ten-fifteen minutes to figure out how to open the damn thing and pull the battery out without breaking anything. And to top it off? The new battery was fifty bucks.

That's really useless of them. They should maintain their own equipment even if it is in your home. Someone who doesn't actually know what they're doing would find it far too easy to screw up something sensitive.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » October 24th, 2015, 2:47 am

Alice wrote:Yeah, I don't get why they refused. My area has a three strikes deal with pets in that if they attack and injure three people and/or other pets then they'll get put down. While my injury was the only serious one this dog had attacked a lot of other people and animals including my family's dog on multiple occasions.

If there's enough attacks, serious or not, they should still be removed because they are clearly a danger to everything around them.

Yeah, he's in prison anyways though so it'd be a hassle to deal with him even if I wanted to. And he shouldn't be able to find out where I live either if he wanted to just try and show up one day after he's out since I think the only people who might tell him are people I've fallen out of contact with over the years.

...Do I even want to know what he's in for? At least he can't figure out where you are, though.

My recklessness is tempered by the fact I'm cautious at least. Though that hasn't stopped me in the past from some really stupid shit like very excessive speeding in my last car. (145mph which is ~230kph.) Though I don't do that sort of thing anymore either.

And I thought I sped fast trying to get my sick cocktiel to the vet. I topped at 150kph.

Yeah, it does get pretty ridiculous. That's actually why I only use my most secure passwords on important sites and just write them down otherwise. Unless someone robs my house no one is going to get access to the written versions and if that does happen my family and I would have greater concerns.

I really should start doing that, even if it means that I need to write them down.

That's really useless of them. They should maintain their own equipment even if it is in your home. Someone who doesn't actually know what they're doing would find it far too easy to screw up something sensitive.

Exactly. My dad has no backbone though, so heaven forbid he could convince them to come out and do it. At least I got it changed out relatively okay. Putting it back in was a lot easier than getting it out.
And if I did happen to screw something up, they would've gotten an earful.

edit: thank fucking god it posted, the site shat itself when I clicked submit
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » October 24th, 2015, 2:55 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:If there's enough attacks, serious or not, they should still be removed because they are clearly a danger to everything around them.

According to our local laws it should have been put down long before it ever had a chance to attack me and definitely should have been after it attacked me. Animal control were just being useless morons though.
...Do I even want to know what he's in for? At least he can't figure out where you are, though.

Being a drunken idiot drama queen who can't control his temper. About a month after I left (coincidentally the exact day he had set for me to be out of his house) he and my stepmother went out drinking and after getting home got in some argument where she told him she didn't love him anymore. As I said above he's an idiot drama queen. The last time they went out drinking and fought after getting home was a bit before I left which resulted in him grabbing my stepmom's rifle and threatening to shoot himself which actually resulted in me taking the butt of the rifle to the temple. This time though when my stepmom tried to get the gun from him it went off and she nearly got shot. And my dad in his great wisdom lost his temper and fired off the gun one or two more times inside the house (not at anyone, just in general, though he did purposefully shoot the tv for whatever reason) then went outside and stupidly shot at the house again. Due to all that he's in for attempted murder.
And I thought I sped fast trying to get my sick cocktiel to the vet. I topped at 150kph.

Yeah, I don't recommend it personally. Despite the fact I did it on a number of occasions it's pretty scary. My car felt like it was skipping across the road like a thrown stone would do across a lake. And on top of that the sheer speed things are flying past is a bit hard to parse. And the knowing that if you fuck up you're likely dead doesn't help, lol.
edit: thank fucking god it posted, the site shat itself when I clicked submit

Yeah, site decided to take a break for a few minutes apparently. Even though it was only a few minutes this time I may need to go open a ticket with our hosting service to get them to look into what's going on with the server since it keeps happening lately.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » October 24th, 2015, 3:03 am

>windows based servers

can i share you the good news about our lord and savior, richard stallman

<tovakj> yes

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » October 24th, 2015, 3:19 am

Alice wrote:

145 mph? I didn't even know cars could go that fast :tsurprise: ! You'd think that, by now, they'd have programming in place to make it so the car refuses to accelerate past a certain point as a safety measure!

Also, sorry about your dad. It's always terrible to hear about the existence of abusive parents, which is part of the reason why I think birth control should be easily available and universal; it's a proven fact that unwanted children correlate strongly with domestic abuse :tsad2:

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » October 24th, 2015, 3:30 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:can i share you the good news about our lord and savior, richard stallman

Nope. On a more serious note though the last few iterations of Windows server have improved quite a lot. It may not be multiyear amounts of stability but they do only rarely have to be restarted. Even desktop version of Windows can pretty easily run for a month or two before needing to be restarted in my experience. The main forum I frequent actually runs on Windows too and its stability problems always stem from the fact that immature customers who don't immediately get their way combined with people who can't abide by the stated rules and think any ban on their end is personal very commonly results in the site getting ddosed.

As for this site running on a Windows server I actually have very little experience with Linux so my thought process was to stick to something closer to what I'm used to. While the web side of Windows servers is quite different from desktop Windows it's still less of a jump than from desktop Windows to web server Linux.
EarthPhantomTS wrote:145 mph? I didn't even know cars could go that fast :tsurprise: ! You'd think that, by now, they'd have programming in place to make it so the car refuses to accelerate past a certain point as a safety measure!

A lot of newer cars do actually have governors in them that limit the speed. Higher end sports cars often forgo that though because itt's kinda contrary to buy a sports car that can't go fast, lol.
Also, sorry about your dad. It's always terrible to hear about the existence of abusive parents, which is part of the reason why I think birth control should be easily available and universal; it's a proven fact that unwanted children correlate strongly with domestic abuse :tsad2:

He's made it very clear on multiple occasions he never wanted any children, let alone five. (Though weirdly he's never stated that to any of my other siblings, only ever to me. But then he seems to have some weird amount of hatred for me for some reason in comparison to them.) He's just a retard with no self control though. He claims that all three of my half-siblings were a result of both condoms and birth control but I don't buy it at all. The chance of one of those failing, let alone both, is pretty low. The chance of both failing and it resulting in one pregnancy is even lower. The chance of it failing and resulting in pregnancy three times in a period of 4-5 years is astronomically low.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » October 24th, 2015, 3:35 am

Alice wrote:

He's made it very clear on multiple occasions he never wanted any children, let alone five. (Though weirdly he's never stated that to any of my other siblings, only ever to me. But then he seems to have some weird amount of hatred for me for some reason in comparison to them.) He's just a retard with no self control though. He claims that all three of my half-siblings were a result of both condoms and birth control but I don't buy it at all. The chance of one of those failing, let alone both, is pretty low. The chance of both failing and it resulting in one pregnancy is even lower. The chance of it failing and resulting in pregnancy three times in a period of 4-5 years is astronomically low.

He probably hates you because you're complete opposites :twink: . He's an idiot with zero self-control, you're smart and level-headed. Though with that in mind, it's amazing that you two are related by blood :undecided: .

Also, I call bull on having three children in five years while using birth control and condoms. Either he's the unluckiest person in the world, or he's lying about taking precautions.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » October 24th, 2015, 3:44 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:He probably hates you because you're complete opposites :twink: . He's an idiot with zero self-control, you're smart and level-headed. Though with that in mind, it's amazing that you two are related by blood :undecided: .

There's actually a fair amount of overlap in our personalities. For example we share a lot of interests such as programming and learning new things. We also both are avid readers (though my mother is as well so that one isn't unique). A lot of the traits that we don't share are as likely things I went out of my way to change as they are traits we never shared in the first place. Apparently I share a crap load of traits with my maternal grandfather though to the point where it's creeped my mom out before, lol. (I look a lot like him when he was younger too and sound much like him so that probably doesn't help.)
Also, I call bull on having three children in five years while using birth control and condoms. Either he's the unluckiest person in the world, or he's lying about taking precautions.

I'm going to just assume he's lying. He's always been full of shit.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » October 24th, 2015, 5:27 am

"I will swag yolo all over you and you will ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ¸-¯"¯/’. FUCK I FUCK can FUCK get FUCK bus FUCK states FUCK bus FUCK unholy FUCK bus FUCK know FUCK I FUCK extensively FUCK bus FUCK about FUCK to FUCK bus FUCK bus FUCK bus FUCK and FUCK that’s FUCK bus FUCK bus, FUCK bus. me too thanks (mr skeleton lol). ayy."
— A bot

<tovakj> yes

Tran_ijaka

Postby Tran_ijaka » October 24th, 2015, 5:33 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:"I will swag yolo all over you and you will ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ¸-¯"¯/’. FUCK I FUCK can FUCK get FUCK bus FUCK states FUCK bus FUCK unholy FUCK bus FUCK know FUCK I FUCK extensively FUCK bus FUCK about FUCK to FUCK bus FUCK bus FUCK bus FUCK and FUCK that’s FUCK bus FUCK bus, FUCK bus. me too thanks (mr skeleton lol). ayy."
— A bot

Highlight of my night so far.

on an unrelated note, any body on here have any thoughts on something they personally would like to see in a side scrolling platformer that has been either not done, or done very little? just curious.

Glitch

Postby Glitch » October 24th, 2015, 5:39 am

Alice wrote:According to our local laws it should have been put down long before it ever had a chance to attack me and definitely should have been after it attacked me. Animal control were just being useless morons though.

Stupid fuckers.

Being a drunken idiot drama queen who can't control his temper. About a month after I left (coincidentally the exact day he had set for me to be out of his house) he and my stepmother went out drinking and after getting home got in some argument where she told him she didn't love him anymore. As I said above he's an idiot drama queen. The last time they went out drinking and fought after getting home was a bit before I left which resulted in him grabbing my stepmom's rifle and threatening to shoot himself which actually resulted in me taking the butt of the rifle to the temple. This time though when my stepmom tried to get the gun from him it went off and she nearly got shot. And my dad in his great wisdom lost his temper and fired off the gun one or two more times inside the house (not at anyone, just in general, though he did purposefully shoot the tv for whatever reason) then went outside and stupidly shot at the house again. Due to all that he's in for attempted murder.

Holy shit that's intense. Glad you guys got out in one piece. What a fuckwad.

Yeah, I don't recommend it personally. Despite the fact I did it on a number of occasions it's pretty scary. My car felt like it was skipping across the road like a thrown stone would do across a lake. And on top of that the sheer speed things are flying past is a bit hard to parse. And the knowing that if you fuck up you're likely dead doesn't help, lol.

No doubt. I remember it felt like I was just cutting through the air like it didn't exist, it must feel worse going that fast.

Yeah, site decided to take a break for a few minutes apparently. Even though it was only a few minutes this time I may need to go open a ticket with our hosting service to get them to look into what's going on with the server since it keeps happening lately.

Might be a good idea. I keep getting 504's or whatever number now.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:"I will swag yolo all over you and you will ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ¸-¯"¯/’. FUCK I FUCK can FUCK get FUCK bus FUCK states FUCK bus FUCK unholy FUCK bus FUCK know FUCK I FUCK extensively FUCK bus FUCK about FUCK to FUCK bus FUCK bus FUCK bus FUCK and FUCK that’s FUCK bus FUCK bus, FUCK bus. me too thanks (mr skeleton lol). ayy."
— A bot

PFFFFFFF

Also: rip in pieces, this took two hours to put together and type
I was half expecting someone else to do it considering the discussion we had but apparently not
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » October 24th, 2015, 5:43 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:

Might be a good idea. I keep getting 504's or whatever number now.

Yeah, I've been sporadically getting them too and at the moment I actually can't even access the site's control panel. Definitely need to contact them soon and ask what the hell's going on.
💙💙💙

Return to “General Perversion”