Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
Glitch
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Glitch » March 27th, 2017, 12:48 am

I went to see Jeff Dunham today! The concert was great, laughed my ass off constantly. It was well worth fifty bucks.

Alice wrote:Went ahead and got Nonary Games and started it today. It feels a lot like Danganronpa in a lot of ways but there's definitely some key differences. For example the main interaction format isn't 3d like Danganronpa. It's 2d much more like classic adventure games. And it also has some adventure game logic for accomplishing things at times. It's also MUCH more wordy than Danganronpa tends to be. I've got about three hours sunk into it so far and I'm only three or four sets of rooms in, mostly because the characters absolutely love to start having long-winded and generally pointless conversations in the middle of a puzzle.

Also there was on puzzle that kinda pissed me off a bit. I'll spoiler tag it to be safe but I'd say it's probably fairly unlikely to spoil anyone until they've already realized it on their own anyways.
The game very quickly makes it a point to focus on digital roots. One of the very first chances you get to consider this concept though doesn't require it. And even worse it seems to mislead you into thinking that concept is the correct way. You get three sets of two-digit numbers. There's a keypad to enter a code but it can only take three numbers. The digital root concept however, once you understand it, would quickly make you realize that those three two-digit numbers can be condensed down to three one-digit numbers. This is not correct, however. Instead the correct answer is in fact two digits. The method of reaching that is simple and straight forward enough itself but it's very misleading so shortly after the game make it a point to focus on digital roots.

That's pretty cool. I know my roommate played 999, and it's one of the many games I should check out.

Kinda wish it wasn't so pricey, like you said in your other post.
ImageImageImage
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » March 27th, 2017, 5:36 am

pretty sure you can find 999 on pc
A man of many voices

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 27th, 2017, 6:07 am

Glitch wrote:I went to see Jeff Dunham today! The concert was great, laughed my ass off constantly. It was well worth fifty bucks.

I haven't watched anything with him in years but he's pretty hilarious from what I recall.
That's pretty cool. I know my roommate played 999, and it's one of the many games I should check out.

Kinda wish it wasn't so pricey, like you said in your other post.

I've seen several people state that the DS version is better but none have bothered elaborating on why it's better. Only thing I can come up with is stuff like the map screen or calculator would be accessible on the second screen without having to manage switching between screens as much.
InsaneIntentions1 wrote:pretty sure you can find 999 on pc

Nonary Games is 999 and Virtue’s Last Reward combined into one package.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 28th, 2017, 4:52 am

Alice wrote:I've seen several people state that the DS version is better but none have bothered elaborating on why it's better. Only thing I can come up with is stuff like the map screen or calculator would be accessible on the second screen without having to manage switching between screens as much.

Makes sense, but I can't give an opinion otherwise.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 30th, 2017, 5:17 am

You know what's painful? Trying to explain to someone why observing something in quantum mechanics affects it when you can barely internalize organize your own thoughts on the matter. Like I get the concept but trying to verbalize it's such a damned pain...

If anyone's curious about the context, it's in response to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7bzE1E5PMY
A guy with a question wrote:Primarily I'm concerned about what constitutes as an 'observer' or the occurrence that makes the measurement that collapses the wave function in Quantum Mechanics. Are we subject primarily to classical relativity over quantum mechanics due to the sheer amount of possible 'observers' in our environment?

I wrote:I'm definitely not an expert so I may totally wrong on this but my understanding of it is this:

The reason it affects things is because the possible areas for the wave function to populate has been changed. They don't directly state this in the video, though they strongly hint at it, but the uncertainty principle means you can't know both the velocity and location of a particle. And the wave function is basically a diagram of the possible places a particle can be at any given point in time. So by measuring the particle you're changing the wave function itself because you've narrowed down the particle's location.

To try and put it more simply: The fact there's an observer is actually irrelevant and it's more that the wave function is a probabilistic abstraction of what they're observing.

I think my TL;DR at the end makes enough sense though?
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 2nd, 2017, 1:40 am

💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 7th, 2017, 9:06 am

I mean you could be climbing a ladder of dicks, lol.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 7th, 2017, 5:48 pm

Alice wrote:Image

Oh brother...do these guys not realize how...well...good for you masturbation is? Or that what Onan was said to have done is actually something that's exceedingly unlikely to be an issue now, if for no other reason than a later part of the Bible gives a way to legally decline a Levirite marriage?

You see what I have to put up with in this world? Goddess, the stupid...it burns!

On the bright side, though, I'm definitely proud to be a Venusian. That was Ishtar's planet, too, you know :pwink: !
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Glitch

Postby Glitch » April 8th, 2017, 9:43 pm

Alice wrote:Image

ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 9th, 2017, 5:13 am

Glitch wrote:Image

Speaking of dicks, I think I mentioned awhile back that one of our annoying as hell neighbors got evicted. The people who rented the place after them are a gay couple. Today they got married and had their wedding ceremony in their back yard. I was asleep but my mom and stepdad went and apparently it was raining off and on before the ceremony and just after it started the rain came back and started getting heavier and heavier before breaking just before the ring exchange. It was fantastic timing because a rainbow appeared at this moment too. The couple and some of their gay friends they'd invited were all really excited, lol. I can't really blame them, that's actually pretty awesome timing.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 9th, 2017, 3:39 pm

People who like world building: if you want a fake language but don't want to go through all the hulloboloo of being a nerd like me this is a pretty neat thing http://vulgarlang.com/

You don't need the grammar stuff to build names, just know what letters/sounds you want.
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Glitch

Postby Glitch » April 9th, 2017, 10:26 pm

Well, we finished painting the house today. My roommate's just doing touch-ups since we're almost out of paint. But thank GOD that is done.

Alice wrote:Speaking of dicks, I think I mentioned awhile back that one of our annoying as hell neighbors got evicted. The people who rented the place after them are a gay couple. Today they got married and had their wedding ceremony in their back yard. I was asleep but my mom and stepdad went and apparently it was raining off and on before the ceremony and just after it started the rain came back and started getting heavier and heavier before breaking just before the ring exchange. It was fantastic timing because a rainbow appeared at this moment too. The couple and some of their gay friends they'd invited were all really excited, lol. I can't really blame them, that's actually pretty awesome timing.

That's fucking great. :') What a nice ending!
ImageImageImage

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 12th, 2017, 1:52 am

New sexy girl, and new idol of mine: The Empress from Magical Drop!

Yeah, you surprised that I love her design Image? Meh, probably not...I've kinda been fangirling all over Iris Heart for...well, since last Thanksgiving, pretty much! No real "Jekyll" to her "Hyde" this time, though, but it's pretty interesting how she's based off the Tarot card of the same name. In fact, I think all the characters in Magical Drop are based off Tarot cards.

I don't think there's much else to say about her, other than that I wouldn't mind being her slave Image! Or apprentice/successor Image! Actually, I think I'd prefer the second one.

That being said, I heard something interesting about the developers and how they relate to another of my favorite character's creators. I'll have to double-check it to make sure, but if I confirm it, I'll probably edit this post.

...Also, while we're on the subject of III: The Empress, I've always thought that, if there were a Tiamat persona, she'd be given that arcana. Not just cause Kingu is IV: Emperor, but based on how she's characterized in Enuma Elish, I think that's the most fitting one.

EDIT: Okay, I looked up what I said I was going to, and indeed, I found out Idea Factory was founded by former Data East employees. That being said, some other companies were as well, and I don't know if anyone who founded IF worked on Magical Drop. I'm pretty sure it's unlikely Tsunako was the character designer for the Magical Drop series, too; well, maybe there's a chance she was. Mostly, though, it's just awesome that a woman designed Iris Heart, Purple Heart, and the other sexy girls in HDN; not that I think that matters (honestly, treating those characters differently depending on whether a man or a woman designed them seems the very definition of "sexist" to me!), but for some reason, a lot of people do.
Last edited by EarthPhantomTS on April 28th, 2017, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Glitch

Postby Glitch » April 16th, 2017, 7:20 am

HAPPY EASTER NERDS
ImageImageImage

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 16th, 2017, 7:44 am

Speaking of Easter, I gotta know: since there's a US law prohibiting inedible stuff from being inserted in food, Kinder Surprise eggs can't be sold here. Which gets me wondering: has ANYONE ever choked on the toy in a Kinder Surprise?! Anyone at all? I don't believe there's a single case of such an event. If anyone can find something proving me wrong, that'd be nice.

For that matter, I'm kinda...not really much for Easter. Mostly cause I'm not Christian. And it gets tiring explaining why I worship Ishtar, rather than GodJesus. At least there's candy involved.

chridd

Postby chridd » April 16th, 2017, 4:14 pm

Merry whatever spring holiday you happen to celebrate!
*puts rabbit-themed ornaments on the Christmas tree and hides some colored eggs there*

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 16th, 2017, 6:41 pm

chridd wrote:Merry whatever spring holiday you happen to celebrate!
*puts rabbit-themed ornaments on the Christmas tree and hides some colored eggs there*

Yes, let us celebrate the yearly cycle of Lady Ishtar's death and revival, and the changing of the seasons that results from that Image!

(And yes I know the real reason why we have seasons is because of the Earth's tilted axis...but allow me to have my religious beliefs, as long as I don't deny the reality, alright?)

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 18th, 2017, 8:00 pm

I find it kinda amazing that despite having watched Madoka: Rebellion at least a dozen times, if not more, I can still watch it and notice new details.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 19th, 2017, 3:07 am

Okay, you know how, in my post about Magical Drop's Empress, I said "No real Jekyll to [Empress's] Hyde"? Well, turns out, I lied! She does have a "good" form: Image

Apparently, when you beat her in Magical Drop II, she reverts to that form, and becomes much more good-natured. Well, I assume, anyway. I just kinda looked her up on a fan wiki: http://mdcd.wikia.com/wiki/Empress.

So, yeah, that's ANOTHER reason for me to like her (even though I prefer her "dominatrix" outfit to her "regal" outfit, it still means she's a broad character type that I enjoy very much)! As if I needed one more, hee hee Image!

EDIT: That being said, though, her "good" form is also starting to grow on me. She's actually kinda cute like that Image!

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 20th, 2017, 7:37 am

the russians are hacking us!
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 20th, 2017, 2:20 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:Image

the russians are hacking us!

That's alright, I'll hack them back. I just need to go find my axe.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 23rd, 2017, 2:47 am

http://waitbutwhy.com/2017/04/neuralink.html

Really freaking long read but that's nonetheless quite an interesting read.

No matter how hard I tried to get it, I kept framing the idea as something familiar—like an AI system whose voice I could hear in my head, or even one that I could think together with. But in those instances, the AI still seemed like an external system I was communicating with. It didn’t seem like me.

But then, one night while working on the post, I was rereading some of Elon’s quotes about this, and it suddenly clicked. The AI would be me. Fully. I got it.

I think he's thinking on this wrong for the most part though. He later (or earlier, I think both) compares this AI system he's referring to to the limbic systems and other unconscious systems of the brain which at times actively clash with the conscious brain. From my point of view it would only seem to be a foreign entity at first. Most people, even if they still have a little niggle about it being a foreign entity, would get used to having that presence in their mind. And people born into it would would just consider it a part of them by nature, the same way we consider those unconscious parts of our brain part of ourselves. The idea seems fairly intuitive to me all things considered. The part that doesn't seem intuitive to me, however, is the part where integrating everybody with a singular AI seems like it would move us more towards a hive-minded society when humanity in general tends to be highly individualistic. Even those of us who naturally think in terms of "is this a good thing for humanity" are all too often strongly individualistic people nonetheless.
💙💙💙

Aposke
Location: Take my post count and subtract 400. That's how many good posts I've made

Postby Aposke » April 25th, 2017, 8:57 am

I'd just like to take a moment and say I appreciate how Glitch also likes the "guess I'll die" guy

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 25th, 2017, 7:25 pm

Aposke wrote:I'd just like to take a moment and say I appreciate how Glitch also likes the "guess I'll die" guy

Wait, the who? Who are you referring to? I'm just curious whether I'd like them too or not.

Glitch

Postby Glitch » April 25th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Aposke wrote:I'd just like to take a moment and say I appreciate how Glitch also likes the "guess I'll die" guy

Wait what? Who?
ImageImageImage

Glitch

Postby Glitch » April 28th, 2017, 2:17 pm

Glitch wrote:

Wait what? Who?

It's been three days without a response. rip in pieces Asokpe 2k17
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 28th, 2017, 7:15 pm

Huh, that was unexpected. The person who runs my scanlation group who disappeared over a year ago just randomly showed back up. After that long I honestly wasn't expecting to hear from them again.

And speaking of scanlation I really need to stop procrastinating on it. I finished cleaning a chapter recently which had two fairly complicated redraws right at the end then the first page of this next chapter had an even worse one and I felt rather burnt out so I keep procrastinating on it. (Doesn't help that Factorio's 0.15 update finally released so I've been playing that a lot lately too.) I'd been (re-)assigned to this series in order to expedite its release schedule because it's one of the group's more popular series.

This is the spot I'm talking about. And here's what I've gotten done:

There's some lines I need to make another attempt at but the real issue is that patter in the middle. There's really no spots I can use for cloning that bit at all so I'm going to have to figure out a way to manually redraw it without it looking bad.
Glitch wrote:It's been three days without a response. rip in pieces Asokpe 2k17

I think everybody died.
💙💙💙

Speedless

Postby Speedless » April 28th, 2017, 8:21 pm

Alice wrote:

I think everybody died.

Something like that. Although Persona 5 came out not long ago, too...

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 28th, 2017, 8:37 pm

Speedless wrote:Something like that. Although Persona 5 came out not long ago, too...

I really wish the Persona series would makes its way to pc. I no longer have any consoles capable of playing any of the games but Persona 3 FES Edition is one of my favorite games of all time. I still need to play through all of P4 and all I really know of P5 is that there's a huge controversy over Atlus trying to take down videos of anything after a certain in-game date which is something like a third of the way through and that a lot of people think the translation is mediocre at best.
💙💙💙

Speedless

Postby Speedless » April 28th, 2017, 8:59 pm

Alice wrote:I really wish the Persona series would makes its way to pc.

Yeah, I agree that could be neat. I guess it could just be deal-breakingly inconvenient (for some reason) for them to release on PC as well, but I can't begin to guess why it would be.

I no longer have any consoles capable of playing any of the games but Persona 3 FES Edition is one of my favorite games of all time. I still need to play through all of P4 and all I really know of P5 is that there's a huge controversy over Atlus trying to take down videos of anything after a certain in-game date which is something like a third of the way through and that a lot of people think the translation is mediocre at best.

Never played them myself for similar reasons, but I've seen a few different LPs of P3 and P4, and it definitely looks like it all feels pretty good. There's even a neat low-level challenge of P3P (done in Maniac Mode!) that sadly stalled because Nyx Avatar. As for P5, the most I've seen from wandering the Internet are some not-especially-in-depth spoilers like various people's favorite (and decidedly least favorite *coughCATcough*) party members, the main character being compelled to sleep a lot, etc. Well, that and some complaints about how the dungeons work and about the new  Velvet Room attendants,  but that's about it.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 28th, 2017, 9:04 pm

Hoo...it's my birthday...and I'm 30 now...you think I'd be allowed to consider myself 2A years old instead? Cause I still feel like I wanna consider myself in my 20s.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 28th, 2017, 9:23 pm

Speedless wrote:There's even a neat low-level challenge of P3P (done in Maniac Mode!) that sadly stalled because Nyx Avatar.

Oh god, I didn't check what level they were when they stalled but that's just a terrible idea. When I beat the game I was on normal mode and at level 70 with some fairly overpowered personas (Mithra was highly resistant to several important elements, had attacks of 3/4 main elements and one of the instant death elements, had the second level allmighty element spell, and had 99 in every stat except luck which was like 93 or 96 or so then I had a few of the special personas such as Loki and Surt) and I would still fail against Nyx Avatar about a third of the time.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 28th, 2017, 9:54 pm

So...we're just gonna ignore the existence of the birthday girl :tsad: ?

I'm sorry if I sound depressed, but...

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 28th, 2017, 10:10 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:So...we're just gonna ignore the existence of the birthday girl :tsad: ?

Somehow I didn't even see it saying it was your birthday until just now despite the fact I always make it a point to scroll down when I come to the site. Kinda a bit late now but happy birthday nonetheless!
💙💙💙

chridd

Postby chridd » April 29th, 2017, 1:06 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Hoo...it's my birthday...and I'm 30 now...you think I'd be allowed to consider myself 2A years old instead? Cause I still feel like I wanna consider myself in my 20s.
Happy earthday, BirthPhan—uh, I mean, happy birthday, EarthPhantomTS!
Can I still consider myself a teenager? Even after all these years, I'm not sure I'm ready to be in my 20's yet. (Hexadecimal teenager until 32 years old...)

Glitch

Postby Glitch » April 29th, 2017, 9:09 pm

Alice wrote:Huh, that was unexpected. The person who runs my scanlation group who disappeared over a year ago just randomly showed back up. After that long I honestly wasn't expecting to hear from them again.

That's neat that they came back.

I think everybody died.

rip in pieces everyone 2k17

Speedless wrote:Something like that. Although Persona 5 came out not long ago, too...

I would kill to play P5. I don't have the newer gen consoles.

Alice wrote:I really wish the Persona series would makes its way to pc. I no longer have any consoles capable of playing any of the games but Persona 3 FES Edition is one of my favorite games of all time. I still need to play through all of P4 and all I really know of P5 is that there's a huge controversy over Atlus trying to take down videos of anything after a certain in-game date which is something like a third of the way through and that a lot of people think the translation is mediocre at best.

I know you could emulate P3P and P3 via emulators. Dunno about P4.
I heard about that drama. I wonder why they're doing that.

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Hoo...it's my birthday...and I'm 30 now...you think I'd be allowed to consider myself 2A years old instead? Cause I still feel like I wanna consider myself in my 20s.

EarthPhantomTS wrote:So...we're just gonna ignore the existence of the birthday girl :tsad: ?

I'm sorry for not responding yesterday. Only had about six hours of sleep and I worked, too. Happy belated birthday Earth, we all love you and wish you the best! -makes a cake and puts candles in it-
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 29th, 2017, 10:48 pm

Freaking finally I can load the site again. I haven't been able to access it since shortly after my last post because my ISP is so utterly worthless. I had to change DNS servers and flush my dns cache in order to get here without a proxy. (Which is how I verified the issue was my ISP being worthless and not the site being down.)
Glitch wrote:I would kill to play P5. I don't have the newer gen consoles.

I'd really like to play it myself too. It's a great series.
I know you could emulate P3P and P3 via emulators. Dunno about P4.
I heard about that drama. I wonder why they're doing that.

P4 is a PS2 game so it should work fine on an emulator. Especially if P3 is supported since I think they run on a nearly identical engine.

And for the drama I think a lot of it has to do with big Japanese dev companies having a lot of cultural differences compared to western companies. Western companies are still pretty shit in general but they're not quite as cutthroat about defending their IPs.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » April 30th, 2017, 5:38 am

Alice wrote:I'd really like to play it myself too. It's a great series.

It is. I've completed P3P and P4G and loved them both.

P4 is a PS2 game so it should work fine on an emulator. Especially if P3 is supported since I think they run on a nearly identical engine.

And for the drama I think a lot of it has to do with big Japanese dev companies having a lot of cultural differences compared to western companies. Western companies are still pretty shit in general but they're not quite as cutthroat about defending their IPs.

Duh. Completely forgot P4 was on the PS2 as well.

I hope they lift it at some point, since apparently the translation isn't great. I'll still probably play through the English one but it'd be nice for those who do want the Japanese version.
ImageImageImage

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » April 30th, 2017, 10:53 am

Did my first Pokémon tournament in Michigan and had fun. My friend Mike really wants me to move back to Ga and do comics for his shop.
A man of many voices

Aposke
Location: Take my post count and subtract 400. That's how many good posts I've made

Postby Aposke » May 2nd, 2017, 11:00 pm

Glitch wrote:
Glitch wrote:

Wait what? Who?

It's been three days without a response. rip in pieces Asokpe 2k17

Return to “General Perversion”