Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
Alice
⦂☽

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » February 27th, 2017, 3:06 am

Glitch wrote:Had our discussion. Found out that with barely any notice that my dad has two choices: be laid off, or work three days a week instead of full time. He'll have to pick up the van, leave his car there, drive back and keep the van for three days, then drive back and switch them out. Pain in the ass, but not many other options that won't leave us without any source of income. He's gonna look into Unemployment or whatever it is, as well as looking around for a different job.

Sigh.

That sounds shitty. Hopefully he can find a different job fairly easily.
💙💙💙

Glitch
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground

Postby Glitch » February 27th, 2017, 3:44 am

Alice wrote:That sounds shitty. Hopefully he can find a different job fairly easily.

Tell me about it. I'm hoping he can. It feels like there's too many people and not enough jobs in this damn town, and that's talking from someone who worked here years ago. I'm gonna help him with his resume, aka overhaul the damn thing cause it's probably terrible.
ImageImageImage
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 27th, 2017, 11:37 am

Glitch wrote:Had our discussion. Found out that with barely any notice that my dad has two choices: be laid off, or work three days a week instead of full time. He'll have to pick up the van, leave his car there, drive back and keep the van for three days, then drive back and switch them out. Pain in the ass, but not many other options that won't leave us without any source of income. He's gonna look into Unemployment or whatever it is, as well as looking around for a different job.

Sigh.

Man, after all that work to get things back in order, they start falling apart again. I'm sorry to hear that :tsad: .
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Glitch

Postby Glitch » February 28th, 2017, 2:42 am

Got the ride side of my mouth completely fixed up. Found out that my one molar may need a root canal in the future, but hopefully since my dentist drilled and filled it pretty good, so hopefully not for a long while. On Friday I'm getting the cracked tooth pulled since Social Assistance doesn't cover root canals cause they're assholes. Also get to get a wisdom tooth out that's sitting sideways and pushing against a nerve. I'm hoping I won't need any more dental work done after that.

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Man, after all that work to get things back in order, they start falling apart again. I'm sorry to hear that :tsad: .

I know right? As if I haven't been kicked around enough this lifetime. Thanks for the support. <3
ImageImageImage

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » March 1st, 2017, 6:36 am

Hang in dere, ghosty
A man of many voices

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 3rd, 2017, 3:24 am

Ha. A couple days after my dad's boss told my dad he could choose what he wanted to do, he texted my dad, laying him off anyway.
What a fucking asshole.

Something more exciting is that I'm ordering a chest binder for me and my roommate in a couple days once money transfers over to my credit card. c: Also getting a new wallet cause my current one is starting to bend my cards.

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:Hang in dere, ghosty

<3 I'm trying.
ImageImageImage

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 3rd, 2017, 7:59 pm

Welp, got my cracked tooth yanked out. Now I have a gaping, horrific hole in my mouth. At least now it'll not be rotting in my mouth.
ImageImageImage

junkepi

Postby junkepi » March 4th, 2017, 12:53 am

Aposke wrote:Ganbatte, Skeleton-man!

лагер Ласло hallobeanies, лагер Ласло последния епизод, лагер Ласло обичат болни, лагер Ласло meatman, епизоди лагер Ласло, лагер Ласло забавни моменти, лагер Ласло хот-дог епизод, лагер Ласло Свети Валентин, лагер Ласло край, лагер Ласло, лагер Ласло боб и кренвирши, лагер Ласло пълни епизоди, лагер Ласло където е Ласло, лагер Ласло чужденец епизод, лагер Ласло сте там Смитс, лагер балсам Ласло въздух, лагер Ласло AMV, лагер Ласло животни, лагер Ласло арабика,
лагер Ласло работа и тор, лагер Ласло невероятно състезание, лагер отваряне Ласло аниме, лагер Ласло зърна са от Марс, лагер Ласло боулинг за динозаври, лагер Ласло е Едуард, лагер Ласло оригване, лагер Ласло бебе боб, лагер Ласло броня, лагер Ласло боб в Страната на играчките, лагер Ласло бокса Едуард, лагер Ласло burpless, лагер Ласло мида, лагер Ласло Колед

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 6th, 2017, 3:09 am

I can't even lie, I'm reworking my dad's resume, and it's giving me a headache with how fucking disorganized this damn thing is.
Is this related to this? What about this point? The fuck does this mean?
Ugh, I'm gonna have to sit down with him so I can sort some of this shit.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 6th, 2017, 11:59 am

Glitch wrote:I can't even lie, I'm reworking my dad's resume, and it's giving me a headache with how fucking disorganized this damn thing is.
Is this related to this? What about this point? The fuck does this mean?
Ugh, I'm gonna have to sit down with him so I can sort some of this shit.

Sounds like you may need to sit him down and teach him how to make one properly.

Also yay. I got to stay up 24 hours because my mom insisted that I be up to have dinner with my aunt's family. And even better with that screwing up my sleep schedule is that in a week my mom and stepdad are apparently taking another trip to visit my sister meaning I get to take care of the chickens. So I have to purposefully fuck up my sleep schedule even more just to deal with their crap since my schedule would otherwise not line up. And this on top of having been sleeping fairly poorly this last week.
💙💙💙

Aposke
Location: Take my post count and subtract 400. That's how many good posts I've made

Postby Aposke » March 6th, 2017, 1:56 pm

Write a man a resume, and he will get one job
Teach a man how to write a resume, and he won't get any jobs because he's a hopeless useless piece of shit who spends his money on inane shit instead of his family who needs it

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 6th, 2017, 10:45 pm

Alice wrote:Sounds like you may need to sit him down and teach him how to make one properly.

Riiiiiight.
I'd try, if he'd actually listen to me. Which he wouldn't.

Also yay. I got to stay up 24 hours because my mom insisted that I be up to have dinner with my aunt's family. And even better with that screwing up my sleep schedule is that in a week my mom and stepdad are apparently taking another trip to visit my sister meaning I get to take care of the chickens. So I have to purposefully fuck up my sleep schedule even more just to deal with their crap since my schedule would otherwise not line up. And this on top of having been sleeping fairly poorly this last week.

My sympathies.

Aposke wrote:Write a man a resume, and he will get one job
Teach a man how to write a resume, and he won't get any jobs because he's a hopeless useless piece of shit who spends his money on inane shit instead of his family who needs it

because he's a hopeless useless piece of shit

:^)
ImageImageImage

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 8th, 2017, 9:55 pm

So, apparently today's International Women Day...I don't really know what we're celebrating, or whether I have any right to, being a nympho who really, really likes when women are sexy (especially in video games, movies, or TV or whatever). Not to mention, I've got some...rather dark desires, and I see beings like Ishtar and Iris Heart as role models. But, all I know is: what about the rest of the year? How about, instead of having one day for it, we celebrate femininity (and masculinity, for that matter) every day? It's part of why I worship Ishtar, in fact, and for that matter, why I revere sexuality. Since it celebrates femininity and masculinity.

I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy. Maybe I'm missing the point. I probably am, letting my pussy think for me and all. Well, whatever, here, have a Plutia:

Image Condoms

For some reason, she's strangely adorbs there. Though we all know that's a trap Image! She's just trying to get us off guard :pwink: Image!
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » March 8th, 2017, 10:28 pm

Probably about to work super late night shifts. RIP active daytime me
A man of many voices

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 11th, 2017, 6:33 pm

What fantastic timing for the power to go out for 4-1/2 hours. Literally right as I was getting out of bed. Ended up playing some Mario Maker 3ds followed by Terraria 3ds. Which apparently had its new update finally released but I couldn't download that first because no power...
💙💙💙

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » March 12th, 2017, 2:41 am

The amount of box elder bugs appearing in this house is alarming
A man of many voices

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 17th, 2017, 6:38 pm

The site has been so quiet this week. Downside of not having many people around, and those who are always tired.

I'm getting a colonoscopy and endoscopy on Monday, so I get to eat a "low residue" diet starting tomorrow. Mmm, fun.
I'll be staying in and playing a lot of video games.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 17th, 2017, 7:45 pm

Glitch wrote:The site has been so quiet this week. Downside of not having many people around, and those who are always tired.

Glitch confirmed for necromancer. But yeah, I had to watch the house while my family was out of town for several days which entails keeping an actually consistent schedule. So for me that means getting very little sleep (even less so when I consistently woke up two freaking hours earlier than I set my alarm for every single damned day...) in order to deal with everything I need to. So I've been tired as hell all week.
I'm getting a colonoscopy and endoscopy on Monday, so I get to eat a "low residue" diet starting tomorrow. Mmm, fun.

That sounds rather annoying.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 17th, 2017, 8:11 pm

Alice wrote:Glitch confirmed for necromancer. But yeah, I had to watch the house while my family was out of town for several days which entails keeping an actually consistent schedule. So for me that means getting very little sleep (even less so when I consistently woke up two freaking hours earlier than I set my alarm for every single damned day...) in order to deal with everything I need to. So I've been tired as hell all week.

God damnit Alice stop revealing my powers to the world

I forgot about that. When are they coming back?
I've been tired (as always), working, and then doctor/dentist appointments. So yeah. rip.

That sounds rather annoying.

Do you want to see the list of food I can't eat
Joke's on them, I can't eat milk products since I'm lactose intolerant. And what's the least restricted thing on that list? 8)
Not to mention, I have to take this laxative twice, once at 7 pm, switch to a clear fluid diet at midnight, drink that shit again at 5 am, and my appointment's at 9:30am. But that's just the time I have to be at the hospital for admitting. It could take "several hours" before I get the procedure done.
And I can't drive for 24 hours afterwards since you get sedated.
And I had to fork out 20 bucks for the box of laxative.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 17th, 2017, 9:18 pm

Glitch wrote:I forgot about that. When are they coming back?

They came back the day before yesterday. But yesterday I was still really tired from all the lack of sleep so I didn't really do anything at all. They were gone from Friday or Saturday through Wednesday though.
I've been tired (as always), working, and then doctor/dentist appointments. So yeah. rip.

Being tired sucks. I dunno how people can manage to be not tired all the time.
Do you want to see the list of food I can't eat
Joke's on them, I can't eat milk products since I'm lactose intolerant. And what's the least restricted thing on that list? 8)
Not to mention, I have to take this laxative twice, once at 7 pm, switch to a clear fluid diet at midnight, drink that shit again at 5 am, and my appointment's at 9:30am. But that's just the time I have to be at the hospital for admitting. It could take "several hours" before I get the procedure done.
And I can't drive for 24 hours afterwards since you get sedated.
And I had to fork out 20 bucks for the box of laxative.

That's a huge pain. A lot of decent foods on the can't eat list too.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 17th, 2017, 10:57 pm

Lol, jesus christ Nier: Automata is an enormous game. It's a 45,942mb (~45gb) download. I was hoping to get to try it out today but at this rate it may not even finish downloading before I go to bed. It's going to take up more than 10% of the free space on the drive with the most free space on it. (It has 370gb free.)
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 18th, 2017, 1:46 am

Alice wrote:They came back the day before yesterday. But yesterday I was still really tired from all the lack of sleep so I didn't really do anything at all. They were gone from Friday or Saturday through Wednesday though.

Gross. That doesn't sound like fun. Get some sleep.

Being tired sucks. I dunno how people can manage to be not tired all the time.

I would seriously kill someone if it meant I never be tired again.
Except proper tired, like at the end of the day.

That's a huge pain. A lot of decent foods on the can't eat list too.

I know right? Most of the fruits and veggies I eat regularly I can't touch. I went out and bought some white bread (my family only eats brown), some cheese, some tomato soup, some ramen, and some apples. I can have the apples with peanut butter and it'll be a good snack. Also got some apple juice so I have something in my system that has some nutrition before I go to the hospital.

Alice wrote:Lol, jesus christ Nier: Automata is an enormous game. It's a 45,942mb (~45gb) download. I was hoping to get to try it out today but at this rate it may not even finish downloading before I go to bed. It's going to take up more than 10% of the free space on the drive with the most free space on it. (It has 370gb free.)

That's a fucking huge game.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 18th, 2017, 2:43 am

Glitch wrote:Gross. That doesn't sound like fun. Get some sleep.

I was at least in bed about nine hours last night, though I woke up with a headache, lol.
I would seriously kill someone if it meant I never be tired again.
Except proper tired, like at the end of the day.

I know the feeling. And proper tired at the end of the day is even worse for me since it means I feel tired but there's no guarantees at all that I can lay down and go to bed because?????
I know right? Most of the fruits and veggies I eat regularly I can't touch. I went out and bought some white bread (my family only eats brown), some cheese, some tomato soup, some ramen, and some apples. I can have the apples with peanut butter and it'll be a good snack. Also got some apple juice so I have something in my system that has some nutrition before I go to the hospital.

At least those things aren't too terribly bad.
That's a fucking huge game.

I'm pretty sure it's the biggest game I've ever downloaded. Though actual download size looks to have been only about 30ish gb instead of the full 45 or so. Still took about four hours. Though that's still far better than expected. My internet wasn't utter trash for once. It actually sustained an average download speed of ~2.1mb/s. Normally it'll go for about 40 minutes then drop down to averaging maybe 100kb/s.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 18th, 2017, 3:27 am

Alice wrote:Lol, jesus christ Nier: Automata is an enormous game. It's a 45,942mb (~45gb) download. I was hoping to get to try it out today but at this rate it may not even finish downloading before I go to bed. It's going to take up more than 10% of the free space on the drive with the most free space on it. (It has 370gb free.)

So what's Nier: Automata like? Cause I hear it has some sexy girls, and is catching flack from the sex-hating idiots for it. But what's the gameplay actually like?

Also, is it available on PS4 by any chance? Cause I have a PS4, and I think that'd work better than trying to play it on PC for me. I mean, if it's a good game, and I can play it, then I might just buy it new to support the developers (and flick off the anti-sex brigade, like I did with Dragon's Crown). But I have no idea if I can play it, or want to, yet.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 18th, 2017, 4:32 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:So what's Nier: Automata like? Cause I hear it has some sexy girls, and is catching flack from the sex-hating idiots for it. But what's the gameplay actually like?

It's a bit clunky at times but doesn't seem too bad so far. I would recommend possibly playing on an easier setting if you're not good at this sort of game though. I didn't die but just on the first mission I came very close to dying several times while getting the hang of the controls. Though part of this was that the camera's a bit clunky at times. It'd be fine if it was a normal third-person camera but the game tries to get cinematic views for fighting and exploring at times and such which gets in the way, for me at least, of actually doing what I need. And from what I know, the flak just comes from the fact that it's ridiculously easy to accidentally (or purposefully, though from what I've seen the camera actually does attempt to avoid that for the most part) see up 2B's skirt.

Most of my complaints as of yet would actually have to do with my copy being the pc copy and thus wouldn't really be an issue on a console. (Ie: Stuff like clicking out of the game for a Steam message which paused the cutscene I was in but when I came back in the A, X for PS4, button was skip while B, O for PS4, was continue. And skip didn't have a confirmation when I accidentally hit it so I had to skip that cutscene then continue until I could access my menu to reload from before that. Skipping should be bound to a difficult to accidentally hit button or have a confirmation dialog at the very least...) The premise and story seem pretty interesting so far and the boss fights are interesting, though at times I have a bit of trouble telling what can be targeted and what can't.
Also, is it available on PS4 by any chance? Cause I have a PS4, and I think that'd work better than trying to play it on PC for me. I mean, if it's a good game, and I can play it, then I might just buy it new to support the developers (and flick off the anti-sex brigade, like I did with Dragon's Crown). But I have no idea if I can play it, or want to, yet.

I believe so, yeah. I know it's on a console and from what I recall it's the PS4 so I'd look into it if I were you.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 18th, 2017, 8:09 pm

Alice wrote:I was at least in bed about nine hours last night, though I woke up with a headache, lol.

That's good, minus the headache.

I know the feeling. And proper tired at the end of the day is even worse for me since it means I feel tired but there's no guarantees at all that I can lay down and go to bed because?????

I KNOW RIGHT
GOTTA LOVE THAT INSOMNIA

At least those things aren't too terribly bad.

No, and it's only for two days. We're having lasagne tonight (made with lactose free cottage cheese), and I'm making myself an egg and cheese fried sandwich with tomato soup. If I had to eat this stuff for longer I'd get sick of it.

I'm pretty sure it's the biggest game I've ever downloaded. Though actual download size looks to have been only about 30ish gb instead of the full 45 or so. Still took about four hours. Though that's still far better than expected. My internet wasn't utter trash for once. It actually sustained an average download speed of ~2.1mb/s. Normally it'll go for about 40 minutes then drop down to averaging maybe 100kb/s.

That's pretty reasonable. I think the biggest game I've downloaded so far was Fallout 4, somewhere around... 30gb I think?

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Also, is it available on PS4 by any chance? Cause I have a PS4, and I think that'd work better than trying to play it on PC for me. I mean, if it's a good game, and I can play it, then I might just buy it new to support the developers (and flick off the anti-sex brigade, like I did with Dragon's Crown). But I have no idea if I can play it, or want to, yet.

I believe so, yeah. I know it's on a console and from what I recall it's the PS4 so I'd look into it if I were you.

I've heard things about Nier. I may have to torrent buy the game and check it out.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 20th, 2017, 9:41 pm

Glitch wrote:I've heard things about Nier. I may have to torrent buy the game and check it out.

I'd recommend giving it a try. It's most certainly not perfect but it's nonetheless quite interesting. Also the intro mission doesn't really do the game justice other than the boss. First mission is pretty linear while the rest of the game, so far at least, is actually quite open.

Though I did have a strange issue. After playing for awhile last night I went to exit the game and it never reached the main menu. It just sat there loading for like 4-5 minutes before I decided to just crash the game. Really hope my save's still intact. Also I'd like to take a moment to complain about the fixed camera portions. More often than not the camera is stuck in a position that obscures some stuff or is just generally not an angle/position you'd normally want it in.

Also a recommendation: When you see an access point make sure to use it and quick save. When you die you respawn at the last access point you saved at and lose your equipped items until you go retrieve them. My only death so far was possibly the worst first death you could have because it was in the desert area which only seems to have two total access points. And I forgot to save at the second one. So even making directly for my body and the access point (which was barely out of the way) it still took me a good 6-7 minutes to get back and recover my equipment. The second access point is like 30-40% of the way through the area while the first is at the entrance. And I died around the 45-50% point because there's these suicide bomber enemies that caught me totally off guard and suicide juggled me to death because I couldn't get up before the next one blew up. And you can't simply pause and heal whenever you feel like. In the middle of an action, such as a jump, attack, or getting up from getting knocked over, you can pause but cannot actually access your items or anything. And one tip that the game doesn't seem to explain (unless I managed to miss it at least) and which you'll likely find out on accident anyways: If you hold the jump button you can use your guidebot thing to float gently to the ground. You have to fall a fair distance to do it but 2B does take fall damage. In my case by accidentally falling out of a skyscraper near the start of the second area because I was expecting it to be less open than it was, lol.

Despite those issues and complaints though I'd say that my second play session was a lot more enjoyable than my first which I'd already enjoyed a fair bit. Ended up playing about 3x as long as my first session and it didn't feel like it was as long either.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 21st, 2017, 2:27 am

Glitch wrote:I'm getting a colonoscopy and endoscopy on Monday, so I get to eat a "low residue" diet starting tomorrow. Mmm, fun.

So...how did that go? Alright? I just wanted to ask.

Anyway, besides that, anyone remember the ultra-giantess Nepgear picture I showed off a while back? Well, the guy made one for Iris Heart too, so I'm rather happy about that:

Now I just gotta say that this would be a really sexy way for the world to end Image. Only thing I don't like about it, is that it's not me in that pic. I wouldn't mind being a destructive giantess Image!

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 21st, 2017, 2:54 am

Alice wrote:Also I'd like to take a moment to complain about the fixed camera portions. More often than not the camera is stuck in a position that obscures some stuff or is just generally not an angle/position you'd normally want it in.

Apparently this is going to end up being the single most infuriating flaw the game has for me so far. The third boss has this obnoxious as hell phase with a fixed camera angle where the fixed camera angle is the single reason it's irritating. The boss summons a bunch (like 10-20 or so) of these stationary turret enemies. They shoot projectiles at you that drag you into a "don't get hacked" bullet hell minigame that takes 10-15 seconds to win. But during this phase of the fight your camera is fixed straight above you and slightly to the side meaning that optimally you have about a second to see a shot coming, and that's from the good side of your view. With so many enemies firing at a fairly fast rate at you this results in you getting drug into the stupid minigame (which is honestly pretty easy and simply wastes time once you figure out how it works since there's no freaking tutorial on it, you don't even get informed of the controls...) about 10x more often than you should simply because you had no chance to see the shots coming and because you can't target enemies you can't see so you have to get within melee range to hit the turret things. Took what was an otherwise fun boss fight and turned it into an infuriating mess.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 21st, 2017, 3:25 am

Crap, I think I lost my copy of Legend of Legacy! Which means I might have to buy a new one. So...yeah...may have to put off my plan to buy Nier: Automata or Final Fantasy XV :tsad: ...

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 21st, 2017, 4:31 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Crap, I think I lost my copy of Legend of Legacy! Which means I might have to buy a new one. So...yeah...may have to put off my plan to buy Nier: Automata or Final Fantasy XV :tsad: ...

I highly recommend dedicating some time to looking for it. You just know you're going to find it after you replace it.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 21st, 2017, 9:40 pm

Alice wrote:I'd recommend giving it a try. It's most certainly not perfect but it's nonetheless quite interesting. Also the intro mission doesn't really do the game justice other than the boss. First mission is pretty linear while the rest of the game, so far at least, is actually quite open.

Though I did have a strange issue. After playing for awhile last night I went to exit the game and it never reached the main menu. It just sat there loading for like 4-5 minutes before I decided to just crash the game. Really hope my save's still intact. Also I'd like to take a moment to complain about the fixed camera portions. More often than not the camera is stuck in a position that obscures some stuff or is just generally not an angle/position you'd normally want it in.

Also a recommendation: When you see an access point make sure to use it and quick save. When you die you respawn at the last access point you saved at and lose your equipped items until you go retrieve them. My only death so far was possibly the worst first death you could have because it was in the desert area which only seems to have two total access points. And I forgot to save at the second one. So even making directly for my body and the access point (which was barely out of the way) it still took me a good 6-7 minutes to get back and recover my equipment. The second access point is like 30-40% of the way through the area while the first is at the entrance. And I died around the 45-50% point because there's these suicide bomber enemies that caught me totally off guard and suicide juggled me to death because I couldn't get up before the next one blew up. And you can't simply pause and heal whenever you feel like. In the middle of an action, such as a jump, attack, or getting up from getting knocked over, you can pause but cannot actually access your items or anything. And one tip that the game doesn't seem to explain (unless I managed to miss it at least) and which you'll likely find out on accident anyways: If you hold the jump button you can use your guidebot thing to float gently to the ground. You have to fall a fair distance to do it but 2B does take fall damage. In my case by accidentally falling out of a skyscraper near the start of the second area because I was expecting it to be less open than it was, lol.

Despite those issues and complaints though I'd say that my second play session was a lot more enjoyable than my first which I'd already enjoyed a fair bit. Ended up playing about 3x as long as my first session and it didn't feel like it was as long either.

Welp, going on my never ending list of games to check out!

EarthPhantomTS wrote:
Glitch wrote:I'm getting a colonoscopy and endoscopy on Monday, so I get to eat a "low residue" diet starting tomorrow. Mmm, fun.

Actually, it went pretty good. Thanks for asking! Would've updated yesterday but I was tired cause they put me under anaesthetic.
Full story if you're wondering. I'll try not to make it super long.
The admission area was busy, took a good 20 minutes just to get called and registered. Took another 10-15 for the bloodwork. Finally got upstairs to the GI unit. Got to wait for another... 20 minutes there. FINALLY I get back to the waiting room where you're undressed and sharing a room with three other people.
Waited for a while, brought in someone to do an IV. She looked at my veins, and got someone else because she said that since I have deep and small veins (and I'm guessing she wasn't super experienced), she didn't want to hurt me. Second lady tried twice, ruptured a valve in my hand, got the second attempt above my thumb but the needle started to burn. Brought in ANOTHER lady, and she took a while, looking around my arm for a good vein. Finally got one on the inside of my arm and taped it down. That was all fun, considering I'm mostly over my fear, but since this is a new experience with needles, my anxiety kicked in and I ended up crying while they were trying to get it done, but I never jerked my arm away or anything. And tbh, I was fine once they had the needle in, and the nurse was nice enough to tape some gauze over the entry point so I couldn't see it.
Waited a while longer, played games, mostly just stared around the room and out the window and laid down. I was tired and playing games in an uncomfortable hospital bed wasn't that fun. The only downside of where she had to put the IV was that it was hard to find a position I could lay my arm that was comfortable without pushing on the needle. One of the nurses came a bit later, telling me that the anaesthetic guy had to go help another doctor, so I could wait a bit longer or be sedated by them (but not fully out). Decided to be bumped back by one person so I could get put out, and the lady suggested that I could send my mom home if I wanted to, since I brought her with me (she couldn't come back with me so she was in the other waiting room). I did, and not even 20 minutes later it was my turn. The total waiting time there was around three hours.
Got to the operating room, waited another 10 minutes for the actual doctor. Everyone got in, I got positioned, and the anaesthetic guy hooked me up and I was out in well under a second.
Next thing I know I'm awake in the waiting room, dizzy and a bit groggy. I recovered pretty quickly, and the nurses came in and told me everything went great. Nothing bad was seen, the doctor took some biopsies to make sure nothing is going on that way. The procedures took 20 minutes total (could've taken an hour altogether and that's what I was anticipating), and I was out for 30. Sad to say, I woke up feeling more rested than when I went in, lmao. I even ended up dreaming a bit at one portion. Hilariously enough, my mom was home for about ten minutes when they called, saying I could be picked up, so it was basically worthless to send her home.
After she came, I got to the car and she had an ice cap with whipped cream waiting, considering she knew that I was really nervous about the whole thing, especially the IV. It was a nice treat afterwards.
I'm basically back to normal now. I still have some gas stuck cause they put air into you as they do the procedure, but most of it is gone now. Unfortunately, it kept me up till 4 last night cause it was just annoying enough I couldn't fall asleep. I have three bruises on my right arm, but they're not super bad. I was expecting way worse from the needles. Hand's a bit sore in places now.
Oh, and I think next time I need an IV, I'm gonna shave my arm beforehand, cause god damnit I have too much hair and the tape hurt coming off.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 21st, 2017, 10:31 pm

I had an interesting end to my play session with Nier last night, lol. For some reason 2B started getting stuck mid-step constantly. She wouldn't start moving again until I stopped moving altogether, jumped, or attacked. And if I did it through stopping moving I'd often get stuck even sooner the next time and then neither jumping nor stopping moving would work forcing me to attack to start moving again. While in the middle of an area with a lot of friendly npcs around while I was armed with a long range shockwave chip that caused my attack range to be about 4-5x longer than usual. It was kinda hilarious but really weird too because it was like I'd randomly just start running into a wall or something despite there being no wall. It was hilarious to see 2B hovering a few inches off the ground trying to land from a jump but making no headway though.
Glitch wrote:Actually, it went pretty good. Thanks for asking! Would've updated yesterday but I was tired cause they put me under anaesthetic.
The admission area was busy, took a good 20 minutes just to get called and registered. Took another 10-15 for the bloodwork. Finally got upstairs to the GI unit. Got to wait for another... 20 minutes there. FINALLY I get back to the waiting room where you're undressed and sharing a room with three other people.
Waited for a while, brought in someone to do an IV. She looked at my veins, and got someone else because she said that since I have deep and small veins (and I'm guessing she wasn't super experienced), she didn't want to hurt me. Second lady tried twice, ruptured a valve in my hand, got the second attempt above my thumb but the needle started to burn. Brought in ANOTHER lady, and she took a while, looking around my arm for a good vein. Finally got one on the inside of my arm and taped it down. That was all fun, considering I'm mostly over my fear, but since this is a new experience with needles, my anxiety kicked in and I ended up crying while they were trying to get it done, but I never jerked my arm away or anything. And tbh, I was fine once they had the needle in, and the nurse was nice enough to tape some gauze over the entry point so I couldn't see it.
Waited a while longer, played games, mostly just stared around the room and out the window and laid down. I was tired and playing games in an uncomfortable hospital bed wasn't that fun. The only downside of where she had to put the IV was that it was hard to find a position I could lay my arm that was comfortable without pushing on the needle. One of the nurses came a bit later, telling me that the anaesthetic guy had to go help another doctor, so I could wait a bit longer or be sedated by them (but not fully out). Decided to be bumped back by one person so I could get put out, and the lady suggested that I could send my mom home if I wanted to, since I brought her with me (she couldn't come back with me so she was in the other waiting room). I did, and not even 20 minutes later it was my turn. The total waiting time there was around three hours.
Got to the operating room, waited another 10 minutes for the actual doctor. Everyone got in, I got positioned, and the anaesthetic guy hooked me up and I was out in well under a second.
Next thing I know I'm awake in the waiting room, dizzy and a bit groggy. I recovered pretty quickly, and the nurses came in and told me everything went great. Nothing bad was seen, the doctor took some biopsies to make sure nothing is going on that way. The procedures took 20 minutes total (could've taken an hour altogether and that's what I was anticipating), and I was out for 30. Sad to say, I woke up feeling more rested than when I went in, lmao. I even ended up dreaming a bit at one portion. Hilariously enough, my mom was home for about ten minutes when they called, saying I could be picked up, so it was basically worthless to send her home.
After she came, I got to the car and she had an ice cap with whipped cream waiting, considering she knew that I was really nervous about the whole thing, especially the IV. It was a nice treat afterwards.
I'm basically back to normal now. I still have some gas stuck cause they put air into you as they do the procedure, but most of it is gone now. Unfortunately, it kept me up till 4 last night cause it was just annoying enough I couldn't fall asleep. I have three bruises on my right arm, but they're not super bad. I was expecting way worse from the needles. Hand's a bit sore in places now.
Oh, and I think next time I need an IV, I'm gonna shave my arm beforehand, cause god damnit I have too much hair and the tape hurt coming off.

That sounds like a rather unfortunate mess. At least it sounds like it turned out okay in the end though.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 23rd, 2017, 1:36 am

Glitch wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:

Actually, it went pretty good. Thanks for asking! Would've updated yesterday but I was tired cause they put me under anaesthetic.

Well, that's...quite a story! It's too bad it took so long to get everything ready for the actual procedure, and I bet it was a bit embarrassing to send your mom home only to call her back a little while later. But everything's good now, at least.

Also, yeah, taking stuff like bandages or tape or whatever off a hairy surface is kinda...kinda painful.

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Crap, I think I lost my copy of Legend of Legacy! Which means I might have to buy a new one. So...yeah...may have to put off my plan to buy Nier: Automata or Final Fantasy XV :tsad: ...

I highly recommend dedicating some time to looking for it. You just know you're going to find it after you replace it.

Yeah...I thought about that, and honestly, while that would make sense, I figure that it's just $30 anyway. Also, I had looked everywhere it possibly could've been, except for one spot. One...really dirty, dusty spot. Where, if it ended up there, it probably would've been broken, or whatever.

But, I mean, as long as I don't overdraft or do something that'd get me charged interest, I think I'm okay.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 23rd, 2017, 6:17 am

I felt like playing some Terraria today so I started on a new base I had an idea for. (Right click and middle click "view image to see the full sized thing".) Not entirely certain where I should go with it from here though. I need to work out an idea for some supports going from the greenhouse and the little park bit to the ground and probably two more on those flat bits beside each waterfall on the main part. After that my plan is to build up further and eventually branch it out into some floating island stuff (I mined an entire floating island in preparation) but I'm not certain how I should go about it just yet. I don't want all the npc rooms to just be clones of each other like I normally end up with. I also need to put some sort of railing up for the park bit but this is a new world that I didn't bring a huge amount of resources to other than the meteorite I'm using for the bricks and furniture so I'd need to go cut down some trees for that.

Edit: Oh, I just thought of a good idea for the rain clouds over the plants in the greenhouse too. I could move them down and give them a more natural looking shape then just actuate them into the background so I can still move past them.

Edit2: Now that I mention actuators that gives me another idea. I can extend the central shaft down to ground level to meet up with my hellevator and make an actuated airlock entrance. That'd give me a good start to expanding this base underground as well which is definitely something I'd like so I can make a glowshroom farm.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 23rd, 2017, 11:20 pm

Dunno if any of you heard of Jeff Dunham, but before Christmas my dad bought us tickets and the performance is this Sunday! He's a ventriloquist with some pretty ridiculous characters. I look forward to going!
But for now, I have the weekend to relax.
edit: okay not as much cause I have my psychiatrist's appointment on Saturday, but still. Don't have to work, yay!

Alice wrote:I had an interesting end to my play session with Nier last night, lol. For some reason 2B started getting stuck mid-step constantly. She wouldn't start moving again until I stopped moving altogether, jumped, or attacked. And if I did it through stopping moving I'd often get stuck even sooner the next time and then neither jumping nor stopping moving would work forcing me to attack to start moving again. While in the middle of an area with a lot of friendly npcs around while I was armed with a long range shockwave chip that caused my attack range to be about 4-5x longer than usual. It was kinda hilarious but really weird too because it was like I'd randomly just start running into a wall or something despite there being no wall. It was hilarious to see 2B hovering a few inches off the ground trying to land from a jump but making no headway though.

What the fuck game

That sounds like a rather unfortunate mess. At least it sounds like it turned out okay in the end though.

I know right? I'm just glad that everything went fine.

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Well, that's...quite a story! It's too bad it took so long to get everything ready for the actual procedure, and I bet it was a bit embarrassing to send your mom home only to call her back a little while later. But everything's good now, at least.

Also, yeah, taking stuff like bandages or tape or whatever off a hairy surface is kinda...kinda painful.

It was definitely more of an adventure than I signed up for. I wasn't embarrassed by any means, we both had a pretty good laugh about it.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 24th, 2017, 6:35 am

Linking cause it's a lot bigger than last shot.

My base is turning into more of a tree than I was planning, lol. I think it's turning out pretty neat nonetheless though. I think I might end off the top side here and expand things underground more from this point. Though I may add another larger floor above this. I intend to make an equipment gallery so it may work best there.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 24th, 2017, 8:10 pm

Alice wrote:It was hilarious to see 2B hovering a few inches off the ground trying to land from a jump but making no headway though.

Oh hey, something like that happened once to me when playing one of the HDN games! I was in one of the "mountain" areas, jumped up a small step to the ledge, and the character didn't complete her jump. She was stuck in one of the jumping frames, hovering a bit. Probably because it was a small step, and the game randomly didn't expect the jump to end earlier than it would if I jumped in place. Thankfully, it was fixed just by going off the step, allowing her to complete her jump, then jumping back up again, where this time, the jump finished properly.

Also I forget which game this was in, because all the "mountain" areas look the same, so I'm not sure which one it was. Though I think it was Iffy's game, cause I think my lead character was Segami, who's only in that game.

Man I just have bad luck with the mountain levels in HDN :biggrin: :surprise: Image: first fight with Megadrive in Iffy's game is in one (and, in fact, it might be the same area I ran into that weird bug in), then HDN Re;birth 3 freezes when I'm back-attacked in one after playing for an eternity (so now that's two series's that I can't let sessions go too long in, Fallout being the first where I had problems like that), then I run into this silly bug (in fact, now that I think about it, it might've been the time when I was going to try the Megadrive fight again).

Anyway, besides that, in more recent times I've been having some fun talking about what I'd do if I were a giantess goddess with a new friend of mine who enjoys my dark fantasies of being the Charismatic Pervert II and a destructive giantess Image. Though I should really get back to gaming: I still need to beat Iffy's game, after all! And HDN 3! And the rest of the games! And play Disgaea 5! And a couple games I just bought! And beat that Final Fantasy V mod that I've been playing! And...ai yai yai, that's a lot of stuff Image!

Also, just curious: anyone know what Gravity Rush is like? Cause I found some pics of the main heroine, Kat, and damn she's hot as fuck Image:

I totally wouldn't mind having her outfit :pwink: !

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 24th, 2017, 9:46 pm

http://store.steampowered.com/app/477740/

Neat. I hadn't heard any news on the Zero Escape series' Steam ports since they started out releasing the third game in the series. Now they just up and release the previous two as a single game so I can finally try the series. Though the series is a bit on the expensive side. This one is $45 and the third one is $40 when the games are reasonably old to begin with. I'd personally say that the third one should be no more than $25-30 and the first two should be no more than $30-35 since it is in fact two games in one package in their case.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 25th, 2017, 7:50 am

Alice wrote:http://store.steampowered.com/app/477740/

Neat. I hadn't heard any news on the Zero Escape series' Steam ports since they started out releasing the third game in the series. Now they just up and release the previous two as a single game so I can finally try the series. Though the series is a bit on the expensive side. This one is $45 and the third one is $40 when the games are reasonably old to begin with. I'd personally say that the third one should be no more than $25-30 and the first two should be no more than $30-35 since it is in fact two games in one package in their case.

Glitch wrote:ping

Went ahead and got Nonary Games and started it today. It feels a lot like Danganronpa in a lot of ways but there's definitely some key differences. For example the main interaction format isn't 3d like Danganronpa. It's 2d much more like classic adventure games. And it also has some adventure game logic for accomplishing things at times. It's also MUCH more wordy than Danganronpa tends to be. I've got about three hours sunk into it so far and I'm only three or four sets of rooms in, mostly because the characters absolutely love to start having long-winded and generally pointless conversations in the middle of a puzzle.

Also there was on puzzle that kinda pissed me off a bit. I'll spoiler tag it to be safe but I'd say it's probably fairly unlikely to spoil anyone until they've already realized it on their own anyways.
The game very quickly makes it a point to focus on digital roots. One of the very first chances you get to consider this concept though doesn't require it. And even worse it seems to mislead you into thinking that concept is the correct way. You get three sets of two-digit numbers. There's a keypad to enter a code but it can only take three numbers. The digital root concept however, once you understand it, would quickly make you realize that those three two-digit numbers can be condensed down to three one-digit numbers. This is not correct, however. Instead the correct answer is in fact two digits. The method of reaching that is simple and straight forward enough itself but it's very misleading so shortly after the game make it a point to focus on digital roots.
💙💙💙

Return to “General Perversion”