Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
User avatar
InsaneIntentions1
Posts: 716
Joined: February 6th, 2015, 9:18 pm
Location: The catacombs
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » December 30th, 2016, 2:26 pm

They're reprinting an expensive Holo figure for a decent price <3
A man of many voices

User avatar
InsaneIntentions1
Posts: 716
Joined: February 6th, 2015, 9:18 pm
Location: The catacombs
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » December 30th, 2016, 7:24 pm

So I've been deaf in my left ear for a few days now :( I should really get this checked out
A man of many voices

User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 1443
Joined: February 15th, 2015, 2:19 am
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Glitch » December 30th, 2016, 8:05 pm

New record: spent over four hours trying to sleep last night. My insomnia has hit an all-time worst. It's probably cause of stress.

Alice wrote:For whatever strange as hell reason I'm actually slightly less likely to game than code even when I'm lacking in energy. I'm far more likely to watch movies/shows or read than either though. (Incidentally I managed to somehow get distracted by coding and leave this post open in a tab without submitting it for I don't even know how long before noticing...)

Games are my main source of entertainment, so. Although, there are days where my attention span just isn't up to it. Those days I either mindlessly wander the internet or nap.
Also, good job.
ImageImageImage
Image
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 4027
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » December 30th, 2016, 10:29 pm

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:So I've been deaf in my left ear for a few days now :( I should really get this checked out

If it's been like that for that long it definitely sounds like you should.
Glitch wrote:New record: spent over four hours trying to sleep last night. My insomnia has hit an all-time worst. It's probably cause of stress.

Days like that really suck. Especially when you have things you need to be doing the next day. Hopefully you can find a way to relax some.
Games are my main source of entertainment, so. Although, there are days where my attention span just isn't up to it. Those days I either mindlessly wander the internet or nap.
Also, good job.

I dunno why but with the exception of a few games such as Audiosurf or this jigsaw puzzle game I typically find it somewhat easier to concentrate on coding than gaming. Coding also tends to appeal to me more frequently than games as well. Plenty of fun games out there but making your computer do something through code is actually quite fun. And it occasionally turns into neat accidents such as this project, lol.
💙💙💙
Image
Image

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1523
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 31st, 2016, 1:59 am

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:So I've been deaf in my left ear for a few days now :( I should really get this checked out


Maybe...I should check you out, hee hee Image!

(In all seriousness, though, yeah, see a doctor. If you don't wanna have a boner for four hours, I'm betting you don't want to not be able to hear for four hours either :tundecided: . And yeah, I'm worried about you now; hopefully you're alright :tsad: )
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey

User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 1443
Joined: February 15th, 2015, 2:19 am
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Glitch » December 31st, 2016, 2:47 am

Alice wrote:Days like that really suck. Especially when you have things you need to be doing the next day. Hopefully you can find a way to relax some.

My parents are gone for three days and two nights, so that's something. I didn't need to do anything today besides buying some food (and we ended up getting my roommate a new laptop with the money my aunt gave me), but I got enough sleep to at least be functional.

I dunno why but with the exception of a few games such as Audiosurf or this jigsaw puzzle game I typically find it somewhat easier to concentrate on coding than gaming. Coding also tends to appeal to me more frequently than games as well. Plenty of fun games out there but making your computer do something through code is actually quite fun. And it occasionally turns into neat accidents such as this project, lol.

I don't have the fine finesse for something like coding any more.
ImageImageImage
Image
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1523
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 31st, 2016, 7:41 am

I just found out something awesome! There's apparently a post-game event in Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 3 that parodies the rise of mobile phone games. It's actually pretty hilarious: the guy from the very way beginning of the game returns with a similar being, and together they start destroying the actually interesting games and release mindless Free to Pay (not a typo!) games in exchange. So, everyone is forced to start playing those. Things go from bad to worse as people become severely addicted, and start paying far too much for microtransactions and neglecting their jobs and such. Naturally, the CPUs are more than a little bit worried about this, and resolve to stop it. Not just to save their populous, but to bring back good games. They start investigating what these "social games" are about, but the two villains attack them and try to seduce Plutia to join them. The monsters are easily defeated, and Plutia turns them down since she prefers fun, interesting games (you go girl!), but the fact is that Gameindustri's games still aren't working. So Neptune comes up with the idea to fight fire with fire and make some more interesting mobile games instead. With actual gameplay, and not a mindless arms race of microtransactions. This plan seems to be working for a while, but then it turns out the villains have a mind-control device and are using that to keep their players addicted. And they increase the power on it, and everyone becomes like zombies, slaves to their phones and the villains' games and not in the sexy way. Fortunately, the heroes figure out that the "device" is actually a lost artifact from Tari used to fight the tyrannical CPU and go to the cave where the ruins of the 2600 civilization lie to take the fight to them. Unfortunately, when the villains are found, they summon more monsters and escape into one of their own games. Fortunately, Neptune remembers the headgear that she used to dive into the game the first time she fought one of them and the team (well, probably Nepgear, but it's not explicitly stated) program in models they can use (taking their measurements with MORE fanservice! Cause Idea Factory/Compile Heart is like that. Not that I mind!) and dive into the game themselves. Unfortunately, it happens that the villains also have a weapon meant to destroy CPUs, and happily use it. Of course, by that point, the heroes should be ridiculously powerful, so you can totally win the boss fight that ensues. And when you do, the villains are captured, everyone is relieved until they see their phone bills, and everyone talks about what to do with the bad guys. And it happens that it's Plutia that comes up with the solution: she suggests they go to an uncharted island in the south and found their own nation there. So the former bad guys go down to found Australia, the heroes are relieved, and Noire realizes that Plutia can be clever at times when she wants to be

Anyway, sorry for the long spoilers, but I found that scene so freaking awesome and had to gush about it for a bit Image! And it really is true that addiction to games can be a thing, and that, frankly, many of these mobile games (as well as stuff like MMOs; and yes, Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft and Sony have done things like that so it's a bit of a broken Aesop) are deliberately engineered to encourage addiction. Hence why I'm more than a little hesitant to start one of those things: I already have a freaking sex addiction, as well as possibly Internet addiction, don't need YET ANOTHER one!
Last edited by EarthPhantomTS on January 8th, 2017, 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 4027
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » December 31st, 2016, 10:11 am

chridd wrote:Image

This is turning out to be a really complicated issue to solve and I'm really not certain how I should go about it. Ended up wasting an hour earlier trying to solve it only for it to not work at all in the strangest of ways. I was trying something where I'd create an array for playable tiles starting at the player's spawn position and I'd do one set of nested for loops starting at the player's location and going outwards per direction. For some inexplicable reason this somehow ended in one quadrant of the field being permanently walls.
Also:
• Not every keyboard has a numpad (or way of simulating a numpad). E.g., Mac laptops (I could probably plug in an external keyboard, but that means getting up).

Didn't fix this one because I'd like to make a start screen where you can choose the level size. And that won't be until after I figure out the previous problem.
• I can't see both the score and the actual game at the same time (canvas size should probably depend on window size) (by the way, my screen is 1280×800, and the space inside the window with the game is currently 994×599)

This should be fixed. I removed the minimum size altogether and now it simply keeps the playing field square. Also made the hud transparent so if it covers the field you can still see through it.
⌘R to refresh the page doesn't work (the game treats that as pressing R) Keyboard shortcuts in general don't work. (⌘ is called "meta" in JavaScript, by the way)

Fixed this issue as well. I decided to be less lazy and only run e.preventDefault() when using the movement keys since those were the ones that had originally caused me to put it in to begin with. (A friend who was testing the game managed to get the canvas big enough to go off the screen, presumably through the same issue as you did, and was having problems with the screen scrolling when he moved.)
• How fast you can complete the game depends on your keyboard repeat rate, which different users can have set differently. (...although I've made at least one game with that issue myself)

This is fixed but I'm not entirely certain I like how it's fixed. Pressing a key changes a variable from false to true and letting go puts it back to false. There's one of these for each of the four directions. If it's set to true for a direction then the movement code will run during the draw loop. Even though I only have the game running at 30fps this was ridiculously fast though so I changed it to move every 3 frames, this was about right except it introduced an annoying issue where if you tap the button too quickly when you're going for precision movement then you're unlikely to move at all. I ended up settling on 2 frames because it gets rid of that issue, though it's a bit too quick now in my opinion. I'm considering rigging another variable up that counts up per frame and if the frame timer is evenly divisible by 3 or the frame you push down a button it'll set it to true. If it's true then your move loop will run. It'll then set this back to false at the end of the frame.

Edit: Also made some other changes as well. I combined the coins and walls array into one single object instead. On top of this I changed movement and level gen slightly. Previously movement would specifically check if you're inside the level bounds before letting you move and there was nothing actually surrounding the level. Now the level is actually two tiles bigger in each direction with the first and last row/column just being walls. Combining them into a single array took quite a bit of work but makes things easier in the end. It also allowed me to combine both their spawn functions and handle things a bit easier on that side of things as well.

It's also more flexible and allows me to add new stuff later. For example I'm thinking about introducing two other kinds of coins. A white one which will give a bunch of points and spawn rarely only after a certain amount of clears and another one whose color I haven't decided that will also spawn only after a certain amount of clears with an increasing spawnrate above that number which will remove a decent amount of points.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1523
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 31st, 2016, 11:50 am

Well, I managed to cause my HDN 3 game to freeze. I noticed this, or something like this, happens occasionally with my Vita (I've had a crash happen after beating an episode of Fuuka and Desco Show on Disgaea 4 before, and I've also had it refuse to start up again after being in standby for a while at one point), but I fear this time is different. It's not the Vita reporting an error, it may be a freeze bug I ran into. The situation was: I had been playing in that session for hours, I had just recruited Iffy and Compa, I learned Plutie's Stress Relief attack, I was going through Jet Set Range, and I got back attacked by the last enemy in the dungeon (a sunflower...whatever they're called). One other thing is that the game was...having some trouble loading Assist Attack animations for a bit; I don't know if that's relevant, possibly a sign that I let the session go on too long or something, but...I thought I'd mention it. The game got "stuck" when trying to load the Surprise Attack text, it seemed. I mean, I know I shouldn't let this get me down, I'm well aware a large number of games can freeze up occasionally, but...well...it still sucks. This is gonna bother me for the rest of my trip, I just know it :tsad:. Reloading seemed to help at least, as going back through Jet Set Range, I got back attacked a few times in my hubris and everything went normal. But still...I'm a little worried.

(Incidentally, it reminds me of when I had Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days freeze up once after a long session. Though that, I'm pretty sure, was because I had been playing for a while and the system started overheating. Yeah, not fun. But at least I know exactly what happened. This, not so much: even though it was a long session, it was still off and on, so overheating isn't the issue)

Anyway, I know exactly 0 other people besides me play that game, but I'm still wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. Don't give up? Any ideas on what could've caused it? That sort of thing? Whatever the case, I'm hoping that I don't see this again, and I'm also hoping this is not because I give up on the game; I really do like it, clunkiness and lazy dungeon design and all Image!

EDIT: I was thinking: is this what it feels like for Fallout fans? Being bothered by constant instability while simultaneously being hot and bothered by the need to PLAY MORE Image? If so...I don't know if I like that feeling too much...in fact, it's kinda pissing me off and making me horny as fuck and I've only seen it freeze up once so this could be a total fluke! So...yeah...note to self: try to avoid getting sucked into the post-apocalyptic wasteland.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1523
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 31st, 2016, 5:31 pm

Okay, I...think I calmed down a bit. Played a little longer; did a required quest; fought a few bosses and normal enemies, of course, and was also surprised that I'm now strong enough to kill some Tough monsters instantly with Symbol Attacks while the Symbol Instant Death plan is active :surprise: (I know Phoenixes are old hat by the level I'm at, but I did not expect the game to count any "optional boss" enemies in that plan's rules); and got to the next chapter. Which is looking to be a doozy. Though I think this is the one where Anonymous...err, I mean "Anonydeath"...gets his intro, finally. Cause, you know, he hacked Lastation. Just like when certain people who wear Guy Fawkes masks at protests hacked the PS3! Whee!

...Wait, I shouldn't be celebrating that. Oh well Image!

But, ya know, kinda played out now. Kinda wanna just give the game a rest and watch Vinny from Vinesauce play shitty games. Oh, the pain he experiences...delicious Image...!

Or maybe I'll just pull a Plutia and sleep for 8 hours. Incidentally, it's 12:30 PM where I am. Didn't get much sleep last night, though.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 1443
Joined: February 15th, 2015, 2:19 am
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Glitch » December 31st, 2016, 9:40 pm

Glitch wrote:My parents are gone for three days and two nights, so that's something. I didn't need to do anything today besides buying some food (and we ended up getting my roommate a new laptop with the money my aunt gave me), but I got enough sleep to at least be functional.

Forgot to mention this yesterday, but the reason I broke down and got my roomie the new laptop was cause my old one is falling apart (the case on side of the screen is starting to split open and making it hard to close, among other things like its age), and we're both afraid of it finally kicking the bucket. We were out yesterday, and had stopped to look at mp3 players at Best Buy for a friend, and every time we go, we look at the electronics for shits n giggles. Well, they had an $850 laptop on for $200 off, and for the specs it had? It was an amazing deal. We also grabbed a couple of mice that were on sale ($70 mouse for $30? Yes please), and these deals are hard to find any other time of year. So I used that money from my aunt as well as some of my own to finally get him a new laptop.
I hate losing out on $500 bucks, but eh. I'd feel really bad when my old dinosaur laptop crapped out on him. To be fair, if I didn't use the money at some point, I would've put it towards a new laptop for him anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Well, I managed to cause my HDN 3 game to freeze. I noticed this, or something like this, happens occasionally with my Vita (I've had a crash happen after beating an episode of Fuuka and Desco Show on Disgaea 4 before, and I've also had it refuse to start up again after being in standby for a while at one point), but I fear this time is different. It's not the Vita reporting an error, it may be a freeze bug I ran into. The situation was: I had been playing in that session for hours, I had just recruited Iffy and Compa, I learned Plutie's Stress Relief attack, I was going through Jet Set Range, and I got back attacked by the last enemy in the dungeon (a sunflower...whatever they're called). One other thing is that the game was...having some trouble loading Assist Attack animations for a bit; I don't know if that's relevant, possibly a sign that I let the session go on too long or something, but...I thought I'd mention it. The game got "stuck" when trying to load the Surprise Attack text, it seemed. I mean, I know I shouldn't let this get me down, I'm well aware a large number of games can freeze up occasionally, but...well...it still sucks. This is gonna bother me for the rest of my trip, I just know it :tsad:. Reloading seemed to help at least, as going back through Jet Set Range, I got back attacked a few times in my hubris and everything went normal. But still...I'm a little worried.

(Incidentally, it reminds me of when I had Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days freeze up once after a long session. Though that, I'm pretty sure, was because I had been playing for a while and the system started overheating. Yeah, not fun. But at least I know exactly what happened. This, not so much: even though it was a long session, it was still off and on, so overheating isn't the issue)

Anyway, I know exactly 0 other people besides me play that game, but I'm still wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. Don't give up? Any ideas on what could've caused it? That sort of thing? Whatever the case, I'm hoping that I don't see this again, and I'm also hoping this is not because I give up on the game; I really do like it, clunkiness and lazy dungeon design and all Image!

EDIT: I was thinking: is this what it feels like for Fallout fans? Being bothered by constant instability while simultaneously being hot and bothered by the need to PLAY MORE Image? If so...I don't know if I like that feeling too much...in fact, it's kinda pissing me off and making me horny as fuck and I've only seen it freeze up once so this could be a total fluke! So...yeah...note to self: try to avoid getting sucked into the post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Sometimes games screw up. Glitches, crashes, freezes, etc. happen to the best of them. Don't let it get to you; if you enjoy the game, try to look past its faults and keep playing!

And yes, that's basically Fallout. It usually runs pretty good for me for the most part, but there are times where it just crashes without warning. I'm glad I have a mod that saves every few minutes.


My parents went to the other city nearby to visit my grandpa and some family. He had a minor stroke a while back, and now he's not allowed to live on his own, so while the family decides what's happening, one of my dad's sister's is staying with him.
Decided while they were gone to clean some of the house, since it's easier with less people traipsing everywhere. The things that need attention the most are the floors (the carpets haven't been properly cleaned in ages due to not having a good vacuum, but now we have one!), the bathroom, and possibly the kitchen? I slept pretty okay last night (fell asleep within a half hour, which is soooo much better than four), and my energy's not bad. Doing what I can, energy levels permitting, as well as taking breaks so I don't run myself into the ground.
Also taking the opportunity to clean the bird's disgusting cage and modify the bottom of the cage so hopefully I can make it easier to change the cage liner.
Man, today's gonna be a day.
ImageImageImage
Image
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 4027
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » January 1st, 2017, 12:14 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Anyway, I know exactly 0 other people besides me play that game, but I'm still wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. Don't give up? Any ideas on what could've caused it? That sort of thing? Whatever the case, I'm hoping that I don't see this again, and I'm also hoping this is not because I give up on the game; I really do like it, clunkiness and lazy dungeon design and all Image!

Could be something like the issue I have with Pokemon Moon where there seems to be a slight memory leak which makes the game laggier and laggier until I restart it. If that's the case I'd recommend saving and quitting then rebooting your Vita every once in awhile.
Glitch wrote:Forgot to mention this yesterday, but the reason I broke down and got my roomie the new laptop was cause my old one is falling apart (the case on side of the screen is starting to split open and making it hard to close, among other things like its age), and we're both afraid of it finally kicking the bucket. We were out yesterday, and had stopped to look at mp3 players at Best Buy for a friend, and every time we go, we look at the electronics for shits n giggles. Well, they had an $850 laptop on for $200 off, and for the specs it had? It was an amazing deal. We also grabbed a couple of mice that were on sale ($70 mouse for $30? Yes please), and these deals are hard to find any other time of year. So I used that money from my aunt as well as some of my own to finally get him a new laptop.
I hate losing out on $500 bucks, but eh. I'd feel really bad when my old dinosaur laptop crapped out on him. To be fair, if I didn't use the money at some point, I would've put it towards a new laptop for him anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How in the world does a laptop get so worn that the case even starts falling apart like that?
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 1443
Joined: February 15th, 2015, 2:19 am
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Glitch » January 1st, 2017, 1:19 am

Alice wrote:How in the world does a laptop get so worn that the case even starts falling apart like that?

I have no idea. For whatever reason, my roommate is hard on computers, no matter how careful he is. I'm surprised his iPod's survived so well. His last computer had to get fixed once (I forget why, I think the power port came loose and refused to charge?), and the time it died wasn't even his fault - it just stopped turning on. Didn't have the money to get it fixed, said goodbye to it. The one he was using the past year-ish, my old laptop, was back from... when I was sixteen I bought it, so it's around seven years old now. It survived this entire time, and when he started using it was when it started to break. Lost two keys, and the side of the case on the monitor started to split and the hinge wouldn't work properly. He never mistreated it, so idk.

Honestly though? I'm happy he has a new computer. Something that can actually run things without having to worry about the poor thing overheating, and using ice packs to keep it cool.
ImageImageImage
Image
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

User avatar
InsaneIntentions1
Posts: 716
Joined: February 6th, 2015, 9:18 pm
Location: The catacombs
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » January 1st, 2017, 1:28 am

A man of many voices

User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 1443
Joined: February 15th, 2015, 2:19 am
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Glitch » January 1st, 2017, 3:45 am

Cleaning update: vacuumed the area rugs, swept the floors, mopped the floors, soaked the bird cage. Had to empty the vacuum canister four times (it's a small thing which is why it needed to be emptied so much). Got disgusted by amount of hair I sucked up. Had to clean out the beater bar and vacuum filters. Cleaned a few areas in the kitchen that needed it. Draining the tub where the bird cage is soaking as I speak.

It feels like I should've gotten a lot more done in this long of a time period, but some is better than none. I'll tackle the bathroom tomorrow.
ImageImageImage
Image
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 4027
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » January 1st, 2017, 5:18 am

Glitch wrote:I'll tackle the bathroom tomorrow.

I'd recommend cleaning it instead of tackling it. Tackling an entire room might hurt a bit. Also might damage part of the room.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1523
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby EarthPhantomTS » January 1st, 2017, 5:52 am

Glitch wrote:Sometimes games screw up. Glitches, crashes, freezes, etc. happen to the best of them. Don't let it get to you; if you enjoy the game, try to look past its faults and keep playing!

And yes, that's basically Fallout. It usually runs pretty good for me for the most part, but there are times where it just crashes without warning. I'm glad I have a mod that saves every few minutes.


Yeah, you're right. I've seen so many ways Paper Mario can freeze or crash for instance; usually you have to do something utterly insane, but I've also seen other people find freezes out of bad luck.

Also, lucky for me, I had saved only a short while before that happened. So I only had to do the event viewing and Nepstation stuff again.

Oh? What's a "Nepstation"? It's a silly/nice thing they do to recap the previous chapter in a humorous way, then they do a QVC style home shopping channel, then a quiz show. It's pretty rad; my favorite part of starting a new chapter! Also, apparently the 8th episode of the anime ends with a Nepstation segment for the "preview of next episode" part, but unfortunately the video I watched cut it off. Which sucks, because Plutia was the host there Image.

Also that episode was awesome because they went to an adults-only resort (the kind of place I would make a religious pilgrimage to), and Iris Heart tortured Linda (or "Underling" as some call her, much like Vyers is called "Mid-boss", but I prefer her real name).

Alice wrote:Could be something like the issue I have with Pokemon Moon where there seems to be a slight memory leak which makes the game laggier and laggier until I restart it. If that's the case I'd recommend saving and quitting then rebooting your Vita every once in awhile.


Yeah, I've started to do that. And I think you could be right. Not every game is coded perfectly (in fact, most every game isn't) and Idea Factory/Compile Heart have a bit of a...reputation (they had quite a rocky start I heard, and some people still consider their games kusoge (Japanese for "shit game", but it's more specific than that; it usually has to be somehow "entertainingly shitty", the kind of thing you can make Youtube or Nico Nico Douga videos of so people can point and laugh))

Glitch wrote:
Alice wrote:How in the world does a laptop get so worn that the case even starts falling apart like that?

I have no idea. For whatever reason, my roommate is hard on computers, no matter how careful he is. I'm surprised his iPod's survived so well. His last computer had to get fixed once (I forget why, I think the power port came loose and refused to charge?), and the time it died wasn't even his fault - it just stopped turning on. Didn't have the money to get it fixed, said goodbye to it. The one he was using the past year-ish, my old laptop, was back from... when I was sixteen I bought it, so it's around seven years old now. It survived this entire time, and when he started using it was when it started to break. Lost two keys, and the side of the case on the monitor started to split and the hinge wouldn't work properly. He never mistreated it, so idk.

Honestly though? I'm happy he has a new computer. Something that can actually run things without having to worry about the poor thing overheating, and using ice packs to keep it cool.


Wow, I get mine sweaty and dirty, but I don't exactly do stuff like that. How does he pull that off purely by accident rather than negligence? Is he all that strong?

Glitch wrote:Cleaning update: vacuumed the area rugs, swept the floors, mopped the floors, soaked the bird cage. Had to empty the vacuum canister four times (it's a small thing which is why it needed to be emptied so much). Got disgusted by amount of hair I sucked up. Had to clean out the beater bar and vacuum filters. Cleaned a few areas in the kitchen that needed it. Draining the tub where the bird cage is soaking as I speak.

It feels like I should've gotten a lot more done in this long of a time period, but some is better than none. I'll tackle the bathroom tomorrow.


Man, I need to clean my room when I get back. One of the blankets is starting to fall apart, with holes everywhere, and I see evidence of that all over my bedroom. I know I'm a rough sleeper, though, cause every time I have a sheet, I always pull it loose, so I don't even bother with a sheet usually, and the mattress always slides a bit to the left.

Alice wrote:
Glitch wrote:I'll tackle the bathroom tomorrow.

I'd recommend cleaning it instead of tackling it. Tackling an entire room might hurt a bit. Also might damage part of the room.


Dammit Alice why do you keep doing stuff like that? You always beat me to making the bad jokes :pwink: (well, unless it'd be sexual. Then you seem to usually let me have it Image)!

But yeah, you're right. Tackling a room can be painful. I know this because I once tried to tackle-glomp my room. Why? Because I was curious if I could have sex with it Image.

Okay, not really, but I had to say that. Sorry :tsad: . But one day, I'll figure out the secret to becoming a giantess, and I'll have sex with the whole planet, one town at a time Image! Ugh, I'm getting lustful now, be right back Image!
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 1443
Joined: February 15th, 2015, 2:19 am
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Glitch » January 1st, 2017, 6:25 am

Cleaning update 2.0 revenge of the: finished putting together the bird cage. Took forever cause I was modifying it to make it easier to clean, and it was some trial and error to get it to work how I wanted. Bird is now on cage chowing down after not having food for a while. Sorry, buddy.
That's all for tonight. Close to when I should go to bed, too. It's almost half past midnight.

By the way, happy new years to all you fucking nerds.
Rest in fucking pieces 2016.

Alice wrote:I'd recommend cleaning it instead of tackling it. Tackling an entire room might hurt a bit. Also might damage part of the room.

But then it means I wouldn't have to clean that part of the room! It means someone else can do it when they fix it!

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Yeah, you're right. I've seen so many ways Paper Mario can freeze or crash for instance; usually you have to do something utterly insane, but I've also seen other people find freezes out of bad luck.

It's funny how many things you can find out just out of pure bad luck.

Wow, I get mine sweaty and dirty, but I don't exactly do stuff like that. How does he pull that off purely by accident rather than negligence? Is he all that strong?

I don't know. He doesn't seem all that harsh on electronics, but at the same time, I think he does underestimate his strength. He's six foot and has this tendency to slam doors, which he doesn't realize.

Glitch wrote:Man, I need to clean my room when I get back. One of the blankets is starting to fall apart, with holes everywhere, and I see evidence of that all over my bedroom. I know I'm a rough sleeper, though, cause every time I have a sheet, I always pull it loose, so I don't even bother with a sheet usually, and the mattress always slides a bit to the left.

How rough of a sleeper are you? Do you fight your mattress in the middle of the night? Wrestling match? Should I bring popcorn?

EarthPhantomTS wrote:
Alice wrote:
Glitch wrote:I'll tackle the bathroom tomorrow.

I'd recommend cleaning it instead of tackling it. Tackling an entire room might hurt a bit. Also might damage part of the room.


Dammit Alice why do you keep doing stuff like that? You always beat me to making the bad jokes :pwink: (well, unless it'd be sexual. Then you seem to usually let me have it Image)!

But yeah, you're right. Tackling a room can be painful. I know this because I once tried to tackle-glomp my room. Why? Because I was curious if I could have sex with it Image.

Okay, not really, but I had to say that. Sorry :tsad: . But one day, I'll figure out the secret to becoming a giantess, and I'll have sex with the whole planet, one town at a time Image! Ugh, I'm getting lustful now, be right back Image!

I love bad jokes. They give me life, even if I do groan at them.

And have fun being horny.
ImageImageImage
Image
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 4027
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » January 1st, 2017, 6:53 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Yeah, I've started to do that. And I think you could be right. Not every game is coded perfectly (in fact, most every game isn't) and Idea Factory/Compile Heart have a bit of a...reputation (they had quite a rocky start I heard, and some people still consider their games kusoge (Japanese for "shit game", but it's more specific than that; it usually has to be somehow "entertainingly shitty", the kind of thing you can make Youtube or Nico Nico Douga videos of so people can point and laugh))

It's actually unbelievably easy to cause a memory leak if you're not careful, even if you're experienced. Also really easy to get something stuck in an infinite loop through a simple typo too. I did that one yesterday and ended up having to force close Firefox through Task Mangler, lol. (for (let i = 0; i > a negative number; i++) will continue looping forever because the second bit there is the stop condition which is always comparing i to a number that's less than 0. If i is greater than the negative number it will continue the loop. And for each loop the i++ bit adds 1 to i so it just keeps going up and is thus always above the negative number.)
Dammit Alice why do you keep doing stuff like that? You always beat me to making the bad jokes :pwink: (well, unless it'd be sexual. Then you seem to usually let me have it Image)!

I can't resist a terrible joke like that, lol. I usually pass on sexual humor in general though, although not always.
Glitch wrote:By the way, happy new years to all you fucking nerds.
Rest in fucking pieces 2016.

2016 has really been a shit year for several people I know such as yourself. I hope 2017 is better.
But then it means I wouldn't have to clean that part of the room! It means someone else can do it when they fix it!

Well yeah but if you injure yourself then you can't make use of whatever body part you injured even for things you want to do either.
I don't know. He doesn't seem all that harsh on electronics, but at the same time, I think he does underestimate his strength. He's six foot and has this tendency to slam doors, which he doesn't realize.

Sounds like one of my irl friends. He's very loud, tends not to realize his own strength (to the point of punching me in the shoulder hard enough to knock me over), and despite not being particularly hard on electronics has a bad habit of managing to wear them out nonetheless. To the point where he spent like double the amount of money he spent building his computer to begin with replacing parts because he kept managing to burn them out. This included two graphics cards that he got from me, both of which I was quite hard on myself. One of them lasted less than a week despite the fact it sat in my computer for six months with a sound card blocking its fan (my dad tried to sabotage it because he's a piece of shit, he thought it'd cause it to burn out but the card was apparently too durable despite commonly hitting 97ºC) and was still working perfectly fine when I replaced it. Only reason I replaced it was because it couldn't handle games I was playing anymore because it was too old. The other lasted two months before dying and that one I only replaced because I misunderstood how nVidia's SLI worked and the card I got to SLI it with had more than twice the memory so it was better.
How rough of a sleeper are you? Do you fight your mattress in the middle of the night? Wrestling match? Should I bring popcorn?

Speaking of rough sleep, my new mattress got delivered today. It's comfortable as hell so I should hopefully toss and turn a fair bit less than normal. Though we discovered that all the noise my bed was making when I'd toss and turn was apparently my boxspring and not the mattress which was all screwed up which is slightly annoying.
I love bad jokes. They give me life, even if I do groan at them.

Bad jokes are usually pretty funny though even if they're bad, lol. The only bad sorts of jokes I dislike are just bad puns because they're usually extremely effortless. Basically the same reason I can't stand most memes actually.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1523
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby EarthPhantomTS » January 1st, 2017, 7:20 am

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Yeah, I've started to do that. And I think you could be right. Not every game is coded perfectly (in fact, most every game isn't) and Idea Factory/Compile Heart have a bit of a...reputation (they had quite a rocky start I heard, and some people still consider their games kusoge (Japanese for "shit game", but it's more specific than that; it usually has to be somehow "entertainingly shitty", the kind of thing you can make Youtube or Nico Nico Douga videos of so people can point and laugh))

It's actually unbelievably easy to cause a memory leak if you're not careful, even if you're experienced. Also really easy to get something stuck in an infinite loop through a simple typo too. I did that one yesterday and ended up having to force close Firefox through Task Mangler, lol. (for (let i = 0; i > a negative number; i++) will continue looping forever because the second bit there is the stop condition which is always comparing i to a number that's less than 0. If i is greater than the negative number it will continue the loop. And for each loop the i++ bit adds 1 to i so it just keeps going up and is thus always above the negative number.)


Technically that's not true. Eventually it'd overflow. But that'd probably take years :pwink: !

Glitch wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Yeah, you're right. I've seen so many ways Paper Mario can freeze or crash for instance; usually you have to do something utterly insane, but I've also seen other people find freezes out of bad luck.

It's funny how many things you can find out just out of pure bad luck.


Yeah, check this vid out. Someone named Strider7x (who's pretty good at finding Paper Mario glitches; seems to be his specialty) found out that...something...can occasionally cause the final boss to apparently freeze up upon attempting to load it: https://youtu.be/W2AASHZbjts (I will say, BTW, I rather like Strider7x's voice!). Technically, though, the gameplay continues, but good fucking luck doing what you need to do! Especially since the game is now really prone to crashing if that happens. Someone in the comments thinks it might've happened because Peach blinked at the wrong frame when the battle was loading, but we're not sure.

Glitch wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Man, I need to clean my room when I get back. One of the blankets is starting to fall apart, with holes everywhere, and I see evidence of that all over my bedroom. I know I'm a rough sleeper, though, cause every time I have a sheet, I always pull it loose, so I don't even bother with a sheet usually, and the mattress always slides a bit to the left.

How rough of a sleeper are you? Do you fight your mattress in the middle of the night? Wrestling match? Should I bring popcorn?


Apparently I do! I'm willing to bet it's because I'm a top-tier pervert; I don't know why I'm not into wrestling, cause I'd probably love it Image!

Glitch wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:
Alice wrote:I'd recommend cleaning it instead of tackling it. Tackling an entire room might hurt a bit. Also might damage part of the room.


Dammit Alice why do you keep doing stuff like that? You always beat me to making the bad jokes :pwink: (well, unless it'd be sexual. Then you seem to usually let me have it Image)!

But yeah, you're right. Tackling a room can be painful. I know this because I once tried to tackle-glomp my room. Why? Because I was curious if I could have sex with it Image.

Okay, not really, but I had to say that. Sorry :tsad: . But one day, I'll figure out the secret to becoming a giantess, and I'll have sex with the whole planet, one town at a time Image! Ugh, I'm getting lustful now, be right back Image!

I love bad jokes. They give me life, even if I do groan at them.

And have fun being horny.


Hee hee...I am. My favorite emotion Image (of the three I can still feel, the other two being "depressed" and "angry")! Being this lustful is so much fun; I wish I could be this lustful and horny forever Image!
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 4027
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » January 1st, 2017, 7:39 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Technically that's not true. Eventually it'd overflow. But that'd probably take years :pwink: !

Max number in Javascript is technically 9,007,199,254,740,991 so it'd take forever to get that high but in my experience with Javascript if you try to use a number that goes over that number it actually gets screwy instead of wrapping around like you'd normally expect. (Probably has something to do with the fact that all numbers in Javascript are treated as doubles even if you're not using them as such.) The last time I messed with it I actually couldn't get it to iterate over that number. I forget the exact behavior off the top of my head but it would treat the number constantly as one specific number that was several hundred above the MAX_SAFE_INTEGER number. So in Javascript's case that may still end up resulting in an infinite loop regardless. Javascript's weird.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1523
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby EarthPhantomTS » January 1st, 2017, 7:56 am

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Technically that's not true. Eventually it'd overflow. But that'd probably take years :pwink: !

Max number in Javascript is technically 9,007,199,254,740,991 so it'd take forever to get that high but in my experience with Javascript if you try to use a number that goes over that number it actually gets screwy instead of wrapping around like you'd normally expect. (Probably has something to do with the fact that all numbers in Javascript are treated as doubles even if you're not using them as such.) The last time I messed with it I actually couldn't get it to iterate over that number. I forget the exact behavior off the top of my head but it would treat the number constantly as one specific number that was several hundred above the MAX_SAFE_INTEGER number. So in Javascript's case that may still end up resulting in an infinite loop regardless. Javascript's weird.


So I'm wrong then?

Oh well. At least I got the 6900th post Image (yeah, just noticed that now)! What more befitting person to get it then me, huh? Hee hee...Image!
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 4027
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » January 1st, 2017, 8:22 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:So I'm wrong then?

In this case you most likely are. (I'm not going to test it to be 100% certain, lol.) Though when you're normally programming you wouldn't be using a double or other kind of floating point number for a loop like that so you'd be right for most programming languages.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
chridd
Posts: 219
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 9:20 pm
Location: the internet
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby chridd » January 1st, 2017, 9:53 am

Alice wrote:Max number in Javascript is technically 9,007,199,254,740,991 so it'd take forever to get that high but in my experience with Javascript if you try to use a number that goes over that number it actually gets screwy instead of wrapping around like you'd normally expect. (Probably has something to do with the fact that all numbers in Javascript are treated as doubles even if you're not using them as such.) The last time I messed with it I actually couldn't get it to iterate over that number. I forget the exact behavior off the top of my head but it would treat the number constantly as one specific number that was several hundred above the MAX_SAFE_INTEGER number. So in Javascript's case that may still end up resulting in an infinite loop regardless. Javascript's weird.
The actual maximum number is something times 10308; MAX_SAFE_INTEGER is the point where the number stops having enough precision to represent a difference of 1; depending on how rounding works, adding 1 might round up (effectively adding 2), or it might round down (which wouldn't change the number at all). If you manage to somehow get above *mumble* × 10308, then it becomes INFINITY, so it never wraps around.

Possibly relevant (JavaScript uses 64 bits, but the concepts are the same)

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 4027
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » January 1st, 2017, 11:00 am

chridd wrote:The actual maximum number is something times 10308; MAX_SAFE_INTEGER is the point where the number stops having enough precision to represent a difference of 1; depending on how rounding works, adding 1 might round up (effectively adding 2), or it might round down (which wouldn't change the number at all). If you manage to somehow get above *mumble* × 10308, then it becomes INFINITY, so it never wraps around.

Possibly relevant (JavaScript uses 64 bits, but the concepts are the same)

Yup, I probably should have addressed that. Just since it's kinda screwy above that limit it's a bit pointless to consider that the actual max is all.

Interestingly enough I've actually watched that video before too, lol. I was curious what it was going to be since the link was marked as visited.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 1443
Joined: February 15th, 2015, 2:19 am
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Glitch » January 1st, 2017, 7:25 pm

Way back when, I was always the odd kid; always different. Yeah, sure, I did have friends, but I always felt like the outcast. I really only had one friend in elementary that I felt like we were similar.
Last night when I was cleaning, I took a break to read what my mom had written for her book of her life story. Don't worry, she doesn't care if anyone reads it. Hell, she even said we're welcome to her diary.
Anyway, here I find out that my mom was exactly like me in her youth.
Ha, go figure. Good to know I got it from her.

Alice wrote:2016 has really been a shit year for several people I know such as yourself. I hope 2017 is better.

I hope so too. I really need things to turn around, like, now.

Well yeah but if you injure yourself then you can't make use of whatever body part you injured even for things you want to do either.

Image

Sounds like one of my irl friends. He's very loud, tends not to realize his own strength (to the point of punching me in the shoulder hard enough to knock me over), and despite not being particularly hard on electronics has a bad habit of managing to wear them out nonetheless. To the point where he spent like double the amount of money he spent building his computer to begin with replacing parts because he kept managing to burn them out. This included two graphics cards that he got from me, both of which I was quite hard on myself. One of them lasted less than a week despite the fact it sat in my computer for six months with a sound card blocking its fan (my dad tried to sabotage it because he's a piece of shit, he thought it'd cause it to burn out but the card was apparently too durable despite commonly hitting 97ºC) and was still working perfectly fine when I replaced it. Only reason I replaced it was because it couldn't handle games I was playing anymore because it was too old. The other lasted two months before dying and that one I only replaced because I misunderstood how nVidia's SLI worked and the card I got to SLI it with had more than twice the memory so it was better.

I'm glad my roomie isn't that bad.
When you think about it, though, he's gone through more computers than I have. I've bought two computers for myself since I was sixteen and I'm twenty-three now. My old dinosaur laptop, that lasted a good four years before it needed an upgrade so I could play games on it, and my current custom built tower, which, while it would use a graphics card update, is still going strong. He received a laptop from his mom that ended up being dropped and died, a desktop from our ex-friend that was okay-ish, he bought himself a replacement laptop that lasted... three-ish years before it just outright stopped working (no money to get it fixed), my old dinosaur laptop for just under a year, and this current one I bought him.
And then there's my best friend, who kills electronics, same as her mom.

Speaking of rough sleep, my new mattress got delivered today. It's comfortable as hell so I should hopefully toss and turn a fair bit less than normal. Though we discovered that all the noise my bed was making when I'd toss and turn was apparently my boxspring and not the mattress which was all screwed up which is slightly annoying.

I'm jealous, tbh. This mattress is only under two years old but it isn't that great. I'd kill for a new one.

Bad jokes are usually pretty funny though even if they're bad, lol. The only bad sorts of jokes I dislike are just bad puns because they're usually extremely effortless. Basically the same reason I can't stand most memes actually.

That's why if I do puns, I try not to do them too often if they're bad. If they're good and I actually think of it, damn straight I'm using it.

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Yeah, check this vid out. Someone named Strider7x (who's pretty good at finding Paper Mario glitches; seems to be his specialty) found out that...something...can occasionally cause the final boss to apparently freeze up upon attempting to load it: https://youtu.be/W2AASHZbjts (I will say, BTW, I rather like Strider7x's voice!). Technically, though, the gameplay continues, but good fucking luck doing what you need to do! Especially since the game is now really prone to crashing if that happens. Someone in the comments thinks it might've happened because Peach blinked at the wrong frame when the battle was loading, but we're not sure.

Watched that last night before I went to bed. Older video games are fucking crazy. It reminds me of this post on Tumblr that I saw a while ago with Pokemon RBY. Seriously, go check it out and the video it links.
I've watched a few of Strider's glitch videos before, specifically the Paper Mario ones. They're so fascinating.
And I agree. His voice is nice.

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Apparently I do! I'm willing to bet it's because I'm a top-tier pervert; I don't know why I'm not into wrestling, cause I'd probably love it Image!

Sleeping time is sleeping time, not pervert time!
ImageImageImage
Image
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 4027
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » January 2nd, 2017, 12:21 am

Glitch wrote:Way back when, I was always the odd kid; always different. Yeah, sure, I did have friends, but I always felt like the outcast. I really only had one friend in elementary that I felt like we were similar.
Last night when I was cleaning, I took a break to read what my mom had written for her book of her life story. Don't worry, she doesn't care if anyone reads it. Hell, she even said we're welcome to her diary.
Anyway, here I find out that my mom was exactly like me in her youth.
Ha, go figure. Good to know I got it from her.

I'm much the same way. Even now I'm the odd one out in my group of friends and always have been. Ie: My group of friends mostly centers around video games and, to a lesser degree, anime. I tend to be more of a reader than game and do a lot of programming. Though I do watch anime and a fair few are even ones my friends watch. Though many of them are not.
I'm glad my roomie isn't that bad.
When you think about it, though, he's gone through more computers than I have. I've bought two computers for myself since I was sixteen and I'm twenty-three now. My old dinosaur laptop, that lasted a good four years before it needed an upgrade so I could play games on it, and my current custom built tower, which, while it would use a graphics card update, is still going strong. He received a laptop from his mom that ended up being dropped and died, a desktop from our ex-friend that was okay-ish, he bought himself a replacement laptop that lasted... three-ish years before it just outright stopped working (no money to get it fixed), my old dinosaur laptop for just under a year, and this current one I bought him.
And then there's my best friend, who kills electronics, same as her mom.

I don't understand how people can go through so many computers. If you count the one that I originally bought from my grandmother for $50 (which lasted a few months before I used my tax returns to turn it into a new one) I'm currently on my third computer since 2007. (My current one only being 2-3 years old.) And it's not exactly like I treat them the best either. Ie: The graphics card that regularly hit 97ºC. And out of those three only one might have needed an actual upgrade because it was starting to wear out and that was my last one. Though I'm not even 100% certain there. I was having some strange issues that somewhat persisted through Windows reinstalls which may have actually been more tied to one of my hard drives starting to wear out. Not gonna complain though because my current computer is better and my old one's components did get some use. Several parts of it went to the same friend who kept wearing his out.
I'm jealous, tbh. This mattress is only under two years old but it isn't that great. I'd kill for a new one.

Turns out getting a new one was a good choice. I did still toss and turn a fair bit because I always do but I did so a lot less than usual and slept the best I have in at least 2-3 weeks. I actually got at least 8 hours of sleep for once.

My cat's an asshole though. After switching out the new mattress for the old one I hadn't bothered remaking my bed figuring I'd just do so right before I go to bed. When I took my bedding off my old one I just pulled off the sheet and balled the rest of the bedding up in that and left it on my floor. I go to make my bed right before I intend to go to bed only to find out my asshole cat pissed on it. And I only have one set of sheets right now. I had two but the other one has a big hole in the middle because my sweat's fairly acidic and this last summer was too hot so I wore a hole in it. After checking he luckily only got the bottom sheet and pillow case though so I was able to use the top sheet and the pillow case from the other set for now.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1523
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby EarthPhantomTS » January 2nd, 2017, 1:09 am

Progress report: I just went to beat up Anonydeath in Lastation in HDN 3! It was quite an interesting fight, actually a bit harder than the previous required bosses because Anonydeath pulled a Crawler (Final Fantasy X) and had his bits seal my skills and items. I actually was a bit worried that he could revive them, but thankfully, he doesn't seem to be able to. Unfortunately, I lost a character. That previous had only happened against Tough enemies and the first, "hopeless" fight with Arfoire, I'm pretty sure.

Also, the convo before and after the fight was fun. Anonydeath is a Noire fanboy, so he admitted his love for her. But of course, Noire was like "Hell no!", especially since he was a total stalker in addition to hacking the PS3. The way she said it, though, I get the feeling it was kinda a "Take that, audience!" moment. There's one that's definitely one in Iffy's game, at one point where Neptune (possessing Iffy's motorcycle...don't ask. I'm not entirely sure why it happened either, except they didn't want to "kill" Neptune, maybe?) says something that can easily be misread, Idea Factory preemptively called out anyone who would screenshot that out of context (like me...I totally would if I knew how Image, I'll confess that!) with Iffy saying something along the lines of "People who do stuff like that are crazy losers". So I get the feeling these sorts of jokes will keep occuring; I don't really dislike them, but they're a slightly bitter pill to swallow sometimes. Meanwhile, while Noire was busy being disgusted, guess what Plutia did? She basically said only she's allowed to mess with Noire, and that she was a bit of a clingy girl. So yeah, good to know one more way I can deliberately piss her off if I meet her on a day I'm feeling particularly masochistic Image (kidding! They're hardly real anyway, so it matters not. In fact, none of this paragraph really matters for that reason. Besides, who's the bigger pervert here: the people who fap to sexy images of video game girls, or the people who create those girls with the clear intentions of them being taken as "super sexy"?

Yeah, yeah, we all know it's the first one :pwink: !)

Also also, totally agree with what Anonydeath and Plutia said about Noire being cute when she's angry Image! Of course, I shouldn't try to mess with her, or I might meet the hacker's fate :pwink:!

Oh, almost forgot! Anonydeath had a cool boss theme! I'm still humming it Image! Oh, and I get the feeling we'll see him again: he escaped by bluffing that, if he dies, the stalking vids he took would be uploaded to the Internet or something, when in reality, he probably intends that they die with him. Deviously played, Anonydeath! There's a reason why Mr. 4Chan Hacker is my second favorite Sage (sorry Anonydeath, Rei will always be first!) Image!

Glitch wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Yeah, check this vid out. Someone named Strider7x (who's pretty good at finding Paper Mario glitches; seems to be his specialty) found out that...something...can occasionally cause the final boss to apparently freeze up upon attempting to load it: https://youtu.be/W2AASHZbjts (I will say, BTW, I rather like Strider7x's voice!). Technically, though, the gameplay continues, but good fucking luck doing what you need to do! Especially since the game is now really prone to crashing if that happens. Someone in the comments thinks it might've happened because Peach blinked at the wrong frame when the battle was loading, but we're not sure.

Watched that last night before I went to bed. Older video games are fucking crazy. It reminds me of this post on Tumblr that I saw a while ago with Pokemon RBY. Seriously, go check it out and the video it links.
I've watched a few of Strider's glitch videos before, specifically the Paper Mario ones. They're so fascinating.
And I agree. His voice is nice.


Speaking of hacking, oh my Goddess that is insane that you can do that :surprise: ! I wonder how many TASes that can obsolete (actually, I wonder if TASvideos.org would allow it)?

Glitch wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Apparently I do! I'm willing to bet it's because I'm a top-tier pervert; I don't know why I'm not into wrestling, cause I'd probably love it Image!

Sleeping time is sleeping time, not pervert time!


Says you! The bedroom is the best place to be a pervert Image! Wet dreams, masturbating with your laptop resting on your nightstand, and having sex with others all happen in the bedroom for me!

(Also, got a bit of a laugh from the way you said that; I assume you're mock-chastising me?)
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 4027
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » January 2nd, 2017, 7:13 am

http://www.alice-cheshire.rocks/tmp/Top ... pdown.html
Alice wrote:
chridd wrote:Image

This is turning out to be a really complicated issue to solve and I'm really not certain how I should go about it. Ended up wasting an hour earlier trying to solve it only for it to not work at all in the strangest of ways. I was trying something where I'd create an array for playable tiles starting at the player's spawn position and I'd do one set of nested for loops starting at the player's location and going outwards per direction. For some inexplicable reason this somehow ended in one quadrant of the field being permanently walls.

Got this after asking around on another forum how people thought I should solve it. Ended up using a floodfill algorithm. Resulting in this code:

Code: Select all

function objectspawn() {
   objects = [];
   enemiesCount = 0;
   
   //Wall spawner
   {
      for (let i = 0; i <= fieldWidth+2; i++) {
         objects[i] = [];
         for (let j = 0; j <= fieldHeight+2; j++) {
            if (i === 0 || i === fieldWidth+2 || j === 0 || j === fieldHeight+2 || (Math.random() * 100 <= obstaclechance && (i !== player.x/tilesize || j !== player.y/tilesize))) {
               objects[i][j] = {
                  type: "wall"
               }
            }
         }
      }
   }
   
   //Check for holes in wall
   {
      floodFill(player.x/tilesize, player.y/tilesize);
      
      for (let i = 0; i <= fieldWidth+2; i++) {
         for (let j = 0; j <= fieldHeight+2; j++) {
            if (typeof objects[i][j] === "undefined") {
               objects[i][j] = {
                  type: "wall"
               }
            }
         }
      }
   }
   
   //Coin spawner
   {
      for (let i = 1; i < fieldWidth+2; i++) {
         for (let j = 1; j < fieldHeight+2; j++) {
            if (objects[i][j].type === "floor" && Math.random() * 100 <= spawnchance && (i !== player.x/tilesize || j !== player.y/tilesize)) {
               objects[i][j] = {
                  type: "coin",
                  score: Math.round(Math.random() * scoremax)
               }
               enemiesCount++;
            }
         }
      }
   }
   
   if (enemiesCount === 0) {
      objectspawn();
   }
   
   //levelstring();
}

function floodFill(x, y) {
   //If the tile is a wall return
   if (typeof objects[x][y] !== "undefined" && objects[x][y].type === "wall") {
      return;
   } else if (typeof objects[x][y] === "undefined") {
      objects[x][y] = {};
      //If tile is outside playing field return
      if (y < 0) {
         return;
      } else {
         objects[x][y].type = "floor";
         floodFill(x, y - 1);
      }
      if (y > fieldHeight) {
         return;
      } else {
         objects[x][y].type = "floor";
         floodFill(x, y + 1);
      }
      if (x < 0) {
         return;
      } else {
         objects[x][y].type = "floor";
         floodFill(x - 1, y);
      }
      if (x > fieldWidth) {
         return;
      } else {
         objects[x][y].type = "floor";
         floodFill(x + 1, y);
      }
   }
}

Didn't fix this one because I'd like to make a start screen where you can choose the level size. And that won't be until after I figure out the previous problem.

Made a simple start screen now as well as local highscore tracking.
This is fixed but I'm not entirely certain I like how it's fixed. Pressing a key changes a variable from false to true and letting go puts it back to false. There's one of these for each of the four directions. If it's set to true for a direction then the movement code will run during the draw loop. Even though I only have the game running at 30fps this was ridiculously fast though so I changed it to move every 3 frames, this was about right except it introduced an annoying issue where if you tap the button too quickly when you're going for precision movement then you're unlikely to move at all. I ended up settling on 2 frames because it gets rid of that issue, though it's a bit too quick now in my opinion. I'm considering rigging another variable up that counts up per frame and if the frame timer is evenly divisible by 3 or the frame you push down a button it'll set it to true. If it's true then your move loop will run. It'll then set this back to false at the end of the frame.

I seem to have fixed this as well. I was looking through my code and realized I should decouple my rendering code from my processing code. requestAnimeFrame() is much more efficient than setInterval() for canvas rendering from what I've heard and even after bumping up the processing interval to 60 fps it definitely feels like it as well. It used to be that once in awhile the canvas would freeze for a split second very noticeably, that no longer happens. And with the bump to 60 ticks per second for the processing I was able to get a much nicer input poll rate which isn't too fast for sustained movement nor too slow for precise movement.

I also added a function to handle new games so if you want to mess with a custom level size or spawn rate you can make use of that through your console:

Code: Select all

function newgame(fw, fh, wc, cc) {
   score = 500;
   timer = 0;
   clearcount = 0;
   fieldWidth = fw;
   fieldHeight = fh;
   player.x = (fieldWidth * tilesize / 2) - (fieldWidth * tilesize / 2 % tilesize);
   player.y = (fieldHeight * tilesize / 2) - (fieldHeight * tilesize / 2 % tilesize);
   spawnchance = wc;
   obstaclechance = cc;
   objectspawn();
   gameOver = false;
   pause= false;
   gameStart = true;
   console.log(`Spawn chance: ${spawnchance}%\nObstacle chance: ${obstaclechance}%\nField size: ${fieldWidth}x${fieldHeight}`);
}

Usage just being "newgame(desiredWidth, desiredHeight, wallChance, coinChance)".
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 1443
Joined: February 15th, 2015, 2:19 am
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Glitch » January 2nd, 2017, 10:25 pm

Got to drive my dad a half hour from the city so he could pick up his work van. Yay, a good two and a half hours of today wasted.
My mom would've done it but with all the stress lately her nerves were kinda shot, so I didn't mind doing it too much.

Alice wrote:I'm much the same way. Even now I'm the odd one out in my group of friends and always have been. Ie: My group of friends mostly centers around video games and, to a lesser degree, anime. I tend to be more of a reader than game and do a lot of programming. Though I do watch anime and a fair few are even ones my friends watch. Though many of them are not.

I feel that. I have found my roomie and best friend who are both as weird as I am, but in the workplace or anywhere else social? I'm still the odd one out. But I still manage to have everyone like me, so I'm glad while I'm weird, I'm still pretty likeable.

I don't understand how people can go through so many computers. If you count the one that I originally bought from my grandmother for $50 (which lasted a few months before I used my tax returns to turn it into a new one) I'm currently on my third computer since 2007. (My current one only being 2-3 years old.) And it's not exactly like I treat them the best either. Ie: The graphics card that regularly hit 97ºC. And out of those three only one might have needed an actual upgrade because it was starting to wear out and that was my last one. Though I'm not even 100% certain there. I was having some strange issues that somewhat persisted through Windows reinstalls which may have actually been more tied to one of my hard drives starting to wear out. Not gonna complain though because my current computer is better and my old one's components did get some use. Several parts of it went to the same friend who kept wearing his out.

I'm pretty good on being nice to my stuff. Things usually last quite a while under me, except for pants because I have thunder thighs and therefore it's necessary to rub through the thighs on all pants I own.

Turns out getting a new one was a good choice. I did still toss and turn a fair bit because I always do but I did so a lot less than usual and slept the best I have in at least 2-3 weeks. I actually got at least 8 hours of sleep for once.

I can imagine. Back when we got these new mattresses, it was heaven, especially since my roomie and I were sharing a double mattress to sleep on, which was quite worn out.

My cat's an asshole though. After switching out the new mattress for the old one I hadn't bothered remaking my bed figuring I'd just do so right before I go to bed. When I took my bedding off my old one I just pulled off the sheet and balled the rest of the bedding up in that and left it on my floor. I go to make my bed right before I intend to go to bed only to find out my asshole cat pissed on it. And I only have one set of sheets right now. I had two but the other one has a big hole in the middle because my sweat's fairly acidic and this last summer was too hot so I wore a hole in it. After checking he luckily only got the bottom sheet and pillow case though so I was able to use the top sheet and the pillow case from the other set for now.

I hate when cats do that. My roomie's cat will pee in his bed if he doesn't feed them around feeding time.

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Speaking of hacking, oh my Goddess that is insane that you can do that :surprise: ! I wonder how many TASes that can obsolete (actually, I wonder if TASvideos.org would allow it)?

Honestly, dunno. Either way, it's still insane you can do shit like that.

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Says you! The bedroom is the best place to be a pervert Image! Wet dreams, masturbating with your laptop resting on your nightstand, and having sex with others all happen in the bedroom for me!

(Also, got a bit of a laugh from the way you said that; I assume you're mock-chastising me?)

The bedroom is a place to be a pervert, but if I'm trying to sleep, leave me alone! There's a time for that later, when I'm not trying to recharge!
ImageImageImage
Image
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1523
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby EarthPhantomTS » January 2nd, 2017, 10:33 pm

Hey guys, currently in the airport going home. I shouldn't talk long as I'm using battery power and they'll start boarding soon, but if anyone found any sexy pics of Iris Heart or Rei Ryghts or even Anonydeath, go ahead and post them. Not that I'm expecting anything.

EDIT: Fuck, the plane was delayed by, like, an hour and a half! Guess there's nothing for me to do but look at/for sexy pics!

EDIT 2: Well, trying to make lemons out of lemonade (wait, did I say that wrong?), here's something cute I found:

Image

Strangely adorbs, right? Though kinda weird. Looks like what she might be on the PS2 or something (if anyone's ever played Xenosaga Episode 1 (and I mean "the first one"), her face looks kinda like KOS-MOS's).
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Glitch
Posts: 1443
Joined: February 15th, 2015, 2:19 am
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Glitch » January 3rd, 2017, 12:56 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:[image]

Her hair is really cool.
I feel like there's something about her anatomy that's off, though. Could just be me.
ImageImageImage
Image
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1523
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby EarthPhantomTS » January 3rd, 2017, 3:24 am

Glitch wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:[image]

Her hair is really cool.
I feel like there's something about her anatomy that's off, though. Could just be me.


Mmm...no, you might be right. I still kinda like it, though.

Also, wow, I finally made it home, somehow. I never, ever want that to happen again; and now I'm praising the infinitely lustful Goddess that my flight wasn't cancelled, cause there were multiple cancelled flights at that airport due to weather shenanigans.

Now I just have to wait for my Dad to come back; I hailed a taxi to get home, not realizing that Dad might be able to come back for me. Yeah, sometimes I can be as derpy as the Planeptune CPUs (even Nepgear can be foolish at times, before anyone familiar with the series says anything! For instance, she didn't realize Anonydeath was bluffing there, even though he/she (I'm not sure what to call the guy) already said that the videos were for his/her eyes only)

Also, another thought occured to me as I was flying back: I've long derided Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey for glorifying stuff like rape and making girls crazy. But I was just thinking: some of my favorite characters (Tiamat, Ishtar (especially the one in Catherine), and Iris Heart) are really no better than Edward Cullen or Christian Grey are. And yet, I'm fangirling all over them. Am I as bad as the Twitards? I mean, I like to think I don't beat people up for not being fans of, say, Iris Heart, or Hyperdimension Neptunia in general (and I have prior actions to prove it, as I'm pretty sure I always acted civilly over here: hg101.proboards.com. (No link, because URL tags are broken apparently) Search my posts (I have the same username there) and the ones I've responded to, and you'll see). But is it bad enough that I'm fangirling all over this stuff?

EDIT: Okay, my dad's back. So yeah, I'm relieved
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 4027
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » January 3rd, 2017, 5:04 am

Image
I dunno why my friends are so bad at reasoning and basic math. I just had to explain to a 25 year old man how the answer to this isn't 15.
Glitch wrote:Got to drive my dad a half hour from the city so he could pick up his work van. Yay, a good two and a half hours of today wasted.
My mom would've done it but with all the stress lately her nerves were kinda shot, so I didn't mind doing it too much.

More than ~1 hour of driving in one sitting quickly becomes too much. That's the single biggest reason I don't like making the trip to visit my sister. Seven or so hours in the car is just terrible.
I feel that. I have found my roomie and best friend who are both as weird as I am, but in the workplace or anywhere else social? I'm still the odd one out. But I still manage to have everyone like me, so I'm glad while I'm weird, I'm still pretty likeable.

I get along with my friends just fine too. Definitely still the odd one out though despite the fact that for the first few years after I graduated I was the one who mostly kept us all coordinated and actually hanging out. When I left for Idaho for six months the rest of my friend group started hanging out together a lot less, those this eventually ebbed a little.
I'm pretty good on being nice to my stuff. Things usually last quite a while under me, except for pants because I have thunder thighs and therefore it's necessary to rub through the thighs on all pants I own.

For me it depends on the exact object in question and how I make use of it. I don't go out of my way to treat my own property like crap but I also don't go out of my way to be particularly careful with it either. Though when it comes to someone else's property I treat it very well. Something that some of my friends would do well to learn.
I hate when cats do that. My roomie's cat will pee in his bed if he doesn't feed them around feeding time.

My cat just randomly does it. He'll go months without an issue then when I'm least expecting it he'll go and piss on something.
Glitch wrote:I feel like there's something about her anatomy that's off, though. Could just be me.

Her face in particular feels extremely off to me. It's large for her body even if you're going by anime proportions. It's also extremely wide, even for anime. Her left hand (the one on her hip) is also much smaller than her right hand and her body has roughly realistic length proportions which makes her anime+ head look even more off.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
chridd
Posts: 219
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 9:20 pm
Location: the internet
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby chridd » January 3rd, 2017, 5:36 am

Alice wrote:Image
I dunno why my friends are so bad at reasoning and basic math. I just had to explain to a 25 year old man how the answer to this isn't 15.
Real answer: We don't have enough information to determine. We don't know if the boards are the same size; we don't know if all the cuts are the same length; we don't know how much of that 10 minutes is stuff that she has to do for each cut vs. preparation or cleanup that she only has to do once (and once per board vs. once for all boards she's cutting).

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1523
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby EarthPhantomTS » January 3rd, 2017, 5:43 am

Alice wrote:Image
I dunno why my friends are so bad at reasoning and basic math. I just had to explain to a 25 year old man how the answer to this isn't 15.


I don't know why either. Sawing into two boards requires ONE cut, sawing into three requires TWO. This isn't that hard (though chridd brings up some good points too)!

Alice wrote:
Glitch wrote:I feel like there's something about her anatomy that's off, though. Could just be me.

Her face in particular feels extremely off to me. It's large for her body even if you're going by anime proportions. It's also extremely wide, even for anime. Her left hand (the one on her hip) is also much smaller than her right hand and her body has roughly realistic length proportions which makes her anime+ head look even more off.


I guess. I don't know; maybe this means I am just as obsessed as the Twitards (and...whatever you call the Fifty Shades of Grey fangirls), that I can see it as "good" because Iris Heart.

(You saw that paragraph there, right? About me possibly not being any better than them? I'd seriously like your thoughts there, it's kinda eating me up inside :tsad: !)
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 4027
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » January 3rd, 2017, 6:30 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:I don't know why either. Sawing into two boards requires ONE cut, sawing into three requires TWO. This isn't that hard (though chridd brings up some good points too)!

Yeah, chridd does bring up good points. Though in the absence of that information you're forced to assume that all the cuts are identical in which case 15 minutes still doesn't make sense in the least. The only way it can make any sense is if the number of cuts isn't relevant while the number of pieces is but that's still extremely flawed reasoning since it still relies on the cuts to begin with.
I guess. I don't know; maybe this means I am just as obsessed as the Twitards (and...whatever you call the Fifty Shades of Grey fangirls), that I can see it as "good" because Iris Heart.

(You saw that paragraph there, right? About me possibly not being any better than them? I'd seriously like your thoughts there, it's kinda eating me up inside :tsad: !)

I couldn't really say because, thankfully, I haven't had to deal with many people who are all that invested into those things. I'd say it's the same as anything though. As long as it's not during an inappropriate time or in an inappropriate place it's not really that big a deal.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1523
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby EarthPhantomTS » January 3rd, 2017, 6:42 am

Man, Episode 9 of the Hyperdimension Neptunia anime is a real downer one. I mean, in the previous episode  Rei kidnapped Peashy. Along with Anonydeath, she tricks P-ko into thinking they're her parents, and start pumping...something...into her. Meanwhile, Neptune is clearly distracted by thoughts of missing Peashy, and she works uncharacteristically hard, even dragging Plutia out of bed to go off on patrol. They find some wolves, and start fighting them, but Plutia realizes what's going on with Neppy and transforms into Iris Heart and starts fighting her friend while telling her that she shouldn't lie to herself. After a bit of swordplay, Neptune realizes what Plutia's talking about, and starts crying because she misses Peashy. Iris Heart then puts her hands on Neptune's shoulders and says that she's glad Neppy could finally be honest with herself. Then Iffy, Compa, Rom, Ram, and Uni reveal they found out where Peashy was taken, so they go to that house and find that the one who took her was the protester (Rei) from the first episode. While this is all going on, the adult CPUs go investigate a new nation that was formed on R-18 Island: the nation of Eden. There they find Anonydeath, and his new friend, Yellow Heart. Yellow Heart then fights the main four and Nepgear, while Rei is seen sneaking off by Plutia. Plutia then goes on her own to interrogate Rei, but when Iris Heart is about to punish Atari for her lack of cooperation, Yellow Heart finds a break in the action and stops Iris Heart. Up to this point, Yellow Heart took quite a few blows...for exactly 0 damage points. Yeah, apparently her Def and Men are sky high. The heroes (and anti-villain) then decide to take off the kid gloves and use specials on Yellow Heart, actually harming her and knocking her into the sea. Then finally, the big reveal: when a body swims to the surface, it's Peashy, complaining about how that last one really hurt. Then she runs into Anonydeath's arms and calls him her father and Rei her mother. Finally, after pretty well everyone is devastated by this news, Rei reads off a list of demands (well, one demand) and soldiers march out, surrounding the heroes. At that, the episode ends 

Yeah, pretty sad, huh? Also, if you ever watch, forgive any errors in my synopsis; I was doing it all from memory. The episode definitely tugged at the heartstrings, though. So much I have to share something I found cool just to try to get my mind to a happy place again (where "happy" = Image for me): Image Red ass shot

Yeah, apparently Iris Heart got a job as a therapist, specializing in video game addiction. I know plenty of people can use her services, especially in her Planeptune during the post game event with the mobile games addiction, but the specific character she's spanking is from a comic strip called Gamergate Life. She's the (I presume) protagonist (based on what the views of the artist seem to be), and she's a rare female Gamergater. So, naturally, she's my ally. I haven't really read the comic she's from, though; I've been too busy reading the artist's other comics first! Here's a link to the artist's site: http://kukuruyo.com/ Keep in mind, he has some strong political opinions, so I'd recommend Tova stay away.

Now I just want to find someone who did a pic of Iris Heart spanking the antagonist of the comic, Lillian (who's basically a feminazi sex hating bitch who I'd love to slap). The girl who did that pic did something close, though, but the spanker wasn't defined: Image Panties. Also bitch with a loud mouth The lady agreed with me that Iris Heart should totally spank Lillian and people like her for being idiots.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1523
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby EarthPhantomTS » January 3rd, 2017, 7:09 am

Alice wrote:
I guess. I don't know; maybe this means I am just as obsessed as the Twitards (and...whatever you call the Fifty Shades of Grey fangirls), that I can see it as "good" because Iris Heart.

(You saw that paragraph there, right? About me possibly not being any better than them? I'd seriously like your thoughts there, it's kinda eating me up inside :tsad: !)

I couldn't really say because, thankfully, I haven't had to deal with many people who are all that invested into those things. I'd say it's the same as anything though. As long as it's not during an inappropriate time or in an inappropriate place it's not really that big a deal.


Just to make sure...I'm not doing that, am I? But, also, am I crazy for liking characters like Iris Heart? I mean, she's kinda disturbing when you think about her (like the Kanker sisters in Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and for much the same reason).
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 4027
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Alice » January 3rd, 2017, 7:22 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Just to make sure...I'm not doing that, am I? But, also, am I crazy for liking characters like Iris Heart? I mean, she's kinda disturbing when you think about her (like the Kanker sisters in Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and for much the same reason).

Not really, no. This is a general chat thread and you tend to spoiler the worst of it anyways.
💙💙💙
Image
Image



Return to “General Perversion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests