Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Isocitration » December 26th, 2016, 2:39 am

Oh yeah a friend of mine got me a 3ds with Pokemon Sun and Animal Crossing earlier this month as well. Good stuff.
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 26th, 2016, 3:21 am

Isocitration wrote:Oh yeah a friend of mine got me a 3ds with Pokemon Sun and Animal Crossing earlier this month as well. Good stuff.

Coincidentally that's how I got my 3ds as well, though that was like two years ago now. (Also for Christmas even.)

Anyways, if you need any Moon pokemon both Glitch and myself have it so either of us should be able to get what you need easily. So feel free to let me know if you want any of the Moon exclusives. (Or starters. I have all three so I can get eggs from those as well if you want them.)
💙💙💙

Ashan

Postby Ashan » December 26th, 2016, 3:41 am

WOW NICE PULLITICULLY COREKT BANNER, SHILL LIE-BERAL MODS
IN MY HOUSEHOLD WE'RE NOT AFRAID TO SAY MARY CHRISTMAS BUT THIS FORUM HAS SOLD OUT TO BARRACK """HUSSEIN""" OBAMA'S LIBERAL SCHEME TO DESTROY AMERICAN CHRISTIAN VALUES
► Show Spoiler

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 26th, 2016, 3:51 am

Ashan wrote:WOW NICE PULLITICULLY COREKT BANNER, SHILL LIE-BERAL MODS
IN MY HOUSEHOLD WE'RE NOT AFRAID TO SAY MARY CHRISTMAS BUT THIS FORUM HAS SOLD OUT TO BARRACK """HUSSEIN""" OBAMA'S LIBERAL SCHEME TO DESTROY AMERICAN CHRISTIAN VALUES

Wow, don't accuse me of being an Obama shill! I'm perfectly capable of wanting to destroy American Christian values all on my own, thanks!
💙💙💙

chridd

Postby chridd » December 26th, 2016, 4:57 am

It says "winter holiday", singular! That is clearly insensitive to people who celebrate more than one holiday! :wink:

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 26th, 2016, 5:08 am

chridd wrote:It says "winter holiday", singular! That is clearly insensitive to people who celebrate more than one holiday! :wink:

Everyone knows there's only one though, Satan's birthday! (Or Santa's if you ask dyslexic people but you can't really blame them for wanting to celebrate his birthday.)
💙💙💙

chridd

Postby chridd » December 26th, 2016, 5:29 am

Alice wrote:
chridd wrote:It says "winter holiday", singular! That is clearly insensitive to people who celebrate more than one holiday! :wink:

Everyone knows there's only one though, Satan's birthday! (Or Santa's if you ask dyslexic people but you can't really blame them for wanting to celebrate his birthday.)
Is that in winter, though? Most of the results that I saw on Google just now that specified a date talked about Halloween.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 26th, 2016, 6:04 am

chridd wrote:Is that in winter, though? Most of the results that I saw on Google just now that specified a date talked about Halloween.

Of course it is. Everyone knows Satan brings little kids presents on his birthday.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 26th, 2016, 6:52 am

I can now add Mario Marker 3ds to my list of stuff I got this year. I wasn't really expecting any of my friends to get me anything so those Discworld books were unexpected and this was as well. My friend who got me my 3ds to begin with bought it for me. Which is pretty awesome cause I was quite interested in it.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 26th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Alice wrote:I can now add Mario Marker 3ds to my list of stuff I got this year. I wasn't really expecting any of my friends to get me anything so those Discworld books were unexpected and this was as well. My friend who got me my 3ds to begin with bought it for me. Which is pretty awesome cause I was quite interested in it.

You...lucky...

Well, I mostly got money (probably gonna get a PS4 with that money, as well as Disgaea 5 and Megadimension Neptunia VII), and I think I'll get a new smartphone sometime soon. I could also say that I got about half of my Hyperdimension Neptunia collection (Re;birth 1, Re;birth 3, SDNVSSHG, and also a Neptune hoodie. Though sadly not Neptune's hoodie; that'd be awesome if Idea Factory actually made those Image!) but I kinda mostly got those for myself. But all that's from my family; the only thing I got from someone not related to me was Shovel Knight.

(BTW, when I say "I wish Idea Factory would make and sell copies of Nep-nep's hoodie", I mean something like this: Image
I wonder how it'd look on me, though. It looks good on Iris Heart, obviously!
)
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Glitch
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground

Postby Glitch » December 26th, 2016, 6:40 pm

Alice wrote:I finally maxed out all my pelago islands. The last one took awhile to get because I haven't played for most of the week other than to check in on the pelago. I had 89 boxed pokemon when it needed 90. I randomly got a kadabra to stay today which bumped me up to that number. Then I had to sink 400 or so beans into developing it which was freaking ridiculous for an island I'm probably never even going to use...

I've been slowly working on doing that myself. I have two island upgrades left, I believe. Need to catch more Pokemon.

I wouldn't mind something like that as a simple computer program. I already have this which sits on my desktop:
but it doesn't really do anything. It does have a few functions and it animates (you can also rub her head with your cursor to make her happy for a few seconds, lol) but I never use those functions. It also doesn't work quite properly on Windows 10 anyways. It used to sit on my taskbar instead of the bottom edge of my friendslist like that but Windows 10 fucked things up so she'd always be BEHIND the stupid taskbar. Having something like Cortana without the privacy issues and combined with something like Office's Clippy but not annoying and characters you can choose and customize would be pretty awesome.

That'd be really cool, ngl. I know there are those Shimeji things, but they're more for being cute, throwing around and them stealing your windows on you than anything else.
ImageImageImage
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 26th, 2016, 7:29 pm

Mmm... Pumpkin pie and peanut butter fudge for breakfast. This month is just packed full of healthy eating, lol.
EarthPhantomTS wrote:(BTW, when I say "I wish Idea Factory would make and sell copies of Nep-nep's hoodie", I mean something like this: Image
)

I'm not a big fan of hoodies but Neptune's hoodie is actually pretty cute.
Glitch wrote:
Alice wrote:I finally maxed out all my pelago islands. The last one took awhile to get because I haven't played for most of the week other than to check in on the pelago. I had 89 boxed pokemon when it needed 90. I randomly got a kadabra to stay today which bumped me up to that number. Then I had to sink 400 or so beans into developing it which was freaking ridiculous for an island I'm probably never even going to use...

I've been slowly working on doing that myself. I have two island upgrades left, I believe. Need to catch more Pokemon.

The bean cost for the final upgrade was ridiculous. I had something like 620 or so beans and after the upgrade I only had about 200.
That'd be really cool, ngl. I know there are those Shimeji things, but they're more for being cute, throwing around and them stealing your windows on you than anything else.

The one I use is called a Flele. I honestly can't even remember where I found it at this point. I've been using it for like four or so years now. Hilariously enough my current install is actually my first install too despite having completely reinstalled Windows on multiple occasions during that time too.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 26th, 2016, 8:57 pm

Alice wrote:Mmm... Pumpkin pie and peanut butter fudge for breakfast. This month is just packed full of healthy eating, lol.

I had leftover turkey and brussel sprouts. Then some chocolate. But hey, we're all gonna have healthy meals like that sometimes.

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:(BTW, when I say "I wish Idea Factory would make and sell copies of Nep-nep's hoodie", I mean something like this: Image
)

I'm not a big fan of hoodies but Neptune's hoodie is actually pretty cute.

I agree completely. It is a cute hoodie.
(I forgot to respond to this earlier rip)

The bean cost for the final upgrade was ridiculous. I had something like 620 or so beans and after the upgrade I only had about 200.

Sounds about right. Considering I switch around what I play right now (ACNL, Pokemon Moon, Fallout 4, Fallout: New Vegas sometimes when my roomie's playing FO4), I'm checking Pokemon every day so I can get the beans needed for this. I may use it, but I dunno yet. It'd be helpful hatching eggs if I continue that project of getting my favourite Pokemon with perfect IVs and stuff.

The one I use is called a Flele. I honestly can't even remember where I found it at this point. I've been using it for like four or so years now. Hilariously enough my current install is actually my first install too despite having completely reinstalled Windows on multiple occasions during that time too.

Hmm, looks cute. May look at it on a day I don't feel like ass.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 26th, 2016, 9:05 pm

Glitch wrote:I had leftover turkey and brussel sprouts. Then some chocolate. But hey, we're all gonna have healthy meals like that sometimes.

Not a bad breakfast at least, in my opinion.
Sounds about right. Considering I switch around what I play right now (ACNL, Pokemon Moon, Fallout 4, Fallout: New Vegas sometimes when my roomie's playing FO4), I'm checking Pokemon every day so I can get the beans needed for this. I may use it, but I dunno yet. It'd be helpful hatching eggs if I continue that project of getting my favourite Pokemon with perfect IVs and stuff.

My favorite part about maxing them out is you get a reward but it's not even all that worthwhile a reward. A piddly 10 rainbow beans which is only about a day's production of rainbow beans from the pelago.
Hmm, looks cute. May look at it on a day I don't feel like ass.

I apparently forgot to bookmark the site (I think it might be linked on the download page from that one I did link) but there is a site with other Flele characters you can use. There's not a whole lot of them in the program by default unfortunately.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 26th, 2016, 9:33 pm

Alice wrote:Not a bad breakfast at least, in my opinion.

Probably the healthiest I've eaten in a while, honestly.

My favorite part about maxing them out is you get a reward but it's not even all that worthwhile a reward. A piddly 10 rainbow beans which is only about a day's production of rainbow beans from the pelago.

Well now that's stupid as fuck. At least give you a good reward, jeez.

I apparently forgot to bookmark the site (I think it might be linked on the download page from that one I did link) but there is a site with other Flele characters you can use. There's not a whole lot of them in the program by default unfortunately.

Can you make your own, do you know?
ImageImageImage

chridd

Postby chridd » December 26th, 2016, 9:41 pm

)
Is that drawstring she's biting a USB cord?

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 26th, 2016, 9:49 pm

Glitch wrote:Can you make your own, do you know?

You definitely can. I haven't looked into it too much though so I can't really say how easy it is or anything.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 26th, 2016, 10:13 pm

chridd wrote:
)
Is that drawstring she's biting a USB cord?

Honestly, I think it might be :biggrin: !

EDIT: Also, yay, 1200th post! Celebratory dildos and anal beads for everyone Image! Oh, and don't forget your complimentary glomp and lashing Image!
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 27th, 2016, 12:41 am

I moved my flowers around again for the million time in ACNL. I also replanted more perfect apple trees since they're an easy source of income with my roommate having the game as well. (1 perfect foreign fruit = 3,000 bells, 1 tree = 3 fruit = 9,000 bells, lots of trees = $$$$$$ for me) I got around half a mil per haul before (every 3 days), now I'm gonna get even more. It means I have to replant them every time they die, but they give me anywhere from 3-6 harvests, so I can't complain. Less time consuming than catching bugs, lmao.

Alice wrote:You definitely can. I haven't looked into it too much though so I can't really say how easy it is or anything.

Dude, sick. May look into it out of curiosity.
ImageImageImage

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 27th, 2016, 3:31 am

Well, I'm worried. About what? About everything. My mind is racing, I'm panicking, I don't even feel like having sex anymore! Everything in the world is just fucked up, and I hate it!

Look, I want a hug. Or someone that I can bury my face in their boobs. Or some sexy Plutia/Iris Heart fanart. Or something that'll make me feel better. Alright?

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » December 27th, 2016, 3:03 pm

Woo! lost like 15 minutes of progress in Moon due to gts glitching! then it crashed again! when there was someone wanting to exchange popplio for rowlet! ay
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » December 27th, 2016, 4:08 pm

So in typical southern stereotype fashion my older brother is dating our step-cousin. She's been our cousin since she was one, and she has a kid. Needless to say I'm disgusted at the sight of this :/
A man of many voices

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 27th, 2016, 5:24 pm

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:So in typical southern stereotype fashion my older brother is dating our step-cousin. She's been our cousin since she was one, and she has a kid. Needless to say I'm disgusted at the sight of this :/

Ooh, sounds sexy Image!

...What? My religion and I celebrate the taboo. The more taboo, the better. So you can imagine that I really enjoy stuff like this :pwink: Image!

Of course, it'd be even more awesome if you were related by blood, but whatevs Image Image!

(Anyway, even though you're probably looking at me like I have three eyes for even implying that I support incest, thank you. For the sexy thoughts. I feel quite a bit better now Image!)

Oh, and speaking of "sexy stuff that makes Earth feel good because she's a bad girl", I just remembered I wanted to show you an Iris Heart Giantess pic! Here ya go: Image

Iris Heart makes such a sexy destructive giantess. I especially love how she's using a train as a whip; so awesome Image Image!

(Oh, if you're wondering what Iris Heart means by "your sister doesn't want to play anymore", this is a sequel to a pic of giantess Plutia and Nepgear. I'll show you that too: Image So adorable that Plutia's having fun! She's kinda like how I'd be if I suddenly grew a few miles tall, except I'd probably be slightly less playful and MUCH more sadistic Image! Wait, that's how Iris Heart is! Well, I'd be just like her, then)

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » December 27th, 2016, 7:02 pm

I'm sure as a roleplay fetish, or hentai genre it's no big deal. Real life though..
A man of many voices

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 27th, 2016, 7:37 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Well, I'm worried. About what? About everything. My mind is racing, I'm panicking, I don't even feel like having sex anymore! Everything in the world is just fucked up, and I hate it!

Look, I want a hug. Or someone that I can bury my face in their boobs. Or some sexy Plutia/Iris Heart fanart. Or something that'll make me feel better. Alright?

I can offer a hug, at least. -offers hug- <3 I know that feeling all too well.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:Woo! lost like 15 minutes of progress in Moon due to gts glitching! then it crashed again! when there was someone wanting to exchange popplio for rowlet! ay

That sucks. At least it was only fifteen minutes and not several hours.

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:So in typical southern stereotype fashion my older brother is dating our step-cousin. She's been our cousin since she was one, and she has a kid. Needless to say I'm disgusted at the sight of this :/

...I have nothing to say to that.
ImageImageImage

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 27th, 2016, 8:22 pm

...I have nothing to say to that.

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:I'm sure as a roleplay fetish, or hentai genre it's no big deal. Real life though..

Well, keep in mind, I'm a succubus. My job is to encourage sexuality, especially taboo sexuality. Sigh...one day...everyone will love sex as much as I do Image...[gets a wistful look on her face]

Glitch wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Well, I'm worried. About what? About everything. My mind is racing, I'm panicking, I don't even feel like having sex anymore! Everything in the world is just fucked up, and I hate it!

I can offer a hug, at least. -offers hug- <3 I know that feeling all too well.

Thank you! Though luckily I didn't need it as much now; been too busy being excited about the thought of giantess incestuous sex to be depressed Image (also I've taken a liking to cirGasm)!

(Yes, I know I'm a disturbing woman; what else is new Image?)

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 28th, 2016, 11:05 pm

(Hopefully you guys aren't too disturbed by me...I'm now worried that you are :tsad: . Can someone comment here saying whether I freak them out?)

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 28th, 2016, 11:52 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:(Hopefully you guys aren't too disturbed by me...I'm now worried that you are :tsad: . Can someone comment here saying whether I freak them out?)

I'd assume it's just that no one had anything worth posting.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 29th, 2016, 12:22 am

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:(Hopefully you guys aren't too disturbed by me...I'm now worried that you are :tsad: . Can someone comment here saying whether I freak them out?)

Yeah...I'm always so paranoid though, when there's lulls in posting and I was the last one to post, that I've finally gone too far.

I mean, the truth is, even though I'm a pervert, sadomasochist, sex goddess worshiper, and now incest fetishist, who thinks of Tiamat, Ishtar, Iris Heart, and any other femme fatale as role models and aspires to be just like them, I still don't like freaking people out. At least not too much (but a little bit of freaking out is fine Image!)

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 29th, 2016, 12:33 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Thank you! Though luckily I didn't need it as much now; been too busy being excited about the thought of giantess incestuous sex to be depressed Image (also I've taken a liking to cirGasm)!

(Yes, I know I'm a disturbing woman; what else is new Image?)

I figured late was better than nothing, but you're welcome nonetheless. :3

Alice wrote:

Honestly, that. We only have less than 10 users that post regularly, and no one always has something to talk about. For me, it's that, or I feel too shitty/tired to want to talk.
ImageImageImage

ParmaJon

Postby ParmaJon » December 29th, 2016, 4:35 am

I'm speechless, I'm sorry
I do things at ParmaJon's Pizza Palace and on my own channel. Also sarcasm everywhere.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 29th, 2016, 5:26 am

Glitch wrote:Honestly, that. We only have less than 10 users that post regularly, and no one always has something to talk about. For me, it's that, or I feel too shitty/tired to want to talk.

I even tend to go out of my way to post at times when it's going too slowly to try and give people something to talk about. Sometimes though I just don't have the energy to post at all. Lately I've been pretty tired and not doing too much. Though there's also days like yesterday where I spent most of my day messing with code because who knows why. I wasn't even intending to, it just sort of happened, lol.
💙💙💙

Aposke
Location: Take my post count and subtract 400. That's how many good posts I've made

Postby Aposke » December 29th, 2016, 3:17 pm

This Chrismas I decided to start being a good example and show people what proper consistency is. If I ever have to (god forbid) talk about our lord and savior Jesus Chris, I will pronounce his name as I pronounce the day. Because nobody can explalin to me why it's Chris-mas and not Christ-mas.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 29th, 2016, 5:02 pm

So I went full on CFW Magic and started reading Hyperdimension Neptunia fanfics...something which I promised myself years ago that I would not do again. And...well...I kinda stayed up almost all night reading sexy Iris Heart fics Image, as well as one more...adventuresome story that seems right on the edge of something the PPC would have a field day with: it's got quite a few negative things about it, like overpowered OCs who are obviously stand-ins for the author and his friends, yet I can't really hate it because the battle scenes are quite nice and it's funny at parts. Kinda like the games at times, actually, hee hee Image!

(And no, I'm not gonna link it. I already tainted you with my opinion of it, saying how it evokes the games, and possibly in ways the author never intended, so I don't want to say what it is to leave you with a fresh opinion should you ever find it. It's on Fanfiction.net somewhere)

Aposke wrote:This Chrismas I decided to start being a good example and show people what proper consistency is. If I ever have to (god forbid) talk about our lord and savior Jesus Chris, I will pronounce his name as I pronounce the day. Because nobody can explalin to me why it's Chris-mas and not Christ-mas.

Well, I hope that doesn't become necessary. He's hardly my savior; you already know about my eternally lustful goddess, though, so I won't say any more about it.

...Besides, I'd rather not stoop to...their...levels.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » December 29th, 2016, 6:42 pm

Aposke wrote:This Chrismas I decided to start being a good example and show people what proper consistency is. If I ever have to (god forbid) talk about our lord and savior Jesus Chris, I will pronounce his name as I pronounce the day. Because nobody can explalin to me why it's Chris-mas and not Christ-mas.

comfortable is pronounced kumf-ter-bull, or maybe kum-fter-bull even though that would be an illegal cluster otherwise as the phonological equivalent of a hapax legomenon

ough has like 6 pronunciations

but like t is always silent before nasals. chestnut > chessnut. this is a consistent rule. don't die on this hill
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 30th, 2016, 4:53 am

Alice wrote:I even tend to go out of my way to post at times when it's going too slowly to try and give people something to talk about. Sometimes though I just don't have the energy to post at all. Lately I've been pretty tired and not doing too much. Though there's also days like yesterday where I spent most of my day messing with code because who knows why. I wasn't even intending to, it just sort of happened, lol.

Sounds like me. I'll spend most of the day gaming (with breaks between, usually to check Tumblr or whatever).

Cause the English language is stupid?
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 30th, 2016, 6:16 am

Glitch wrote:Sounds like me. I'll spend most of the day gaming (with breaks between, usually to check Tumblr or whatever).

For whatever strange as hell reason I'm actually slightly less likely to game than code even when I'm lacking in energy. I'm far more likely to watch movies/shows or read than either though. (Incidentally I managed to somehow get distracted by coding and leave this post open in a tab without submitting it for I don't even know how long before noticing...)
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 30th, 2016, 9:59 am

http://www.alice-cheshire.rocks/tmp/Top ... pdown.html

This is what I was coding by the way. Wasn't even intending to make a simple game. I was just messing around with a canvas and scrolling and that happened. You can see a bit of debug info by opening your browser's javascript console (ctrl+shift+k for Firefox and I think ctrl+shift+j for Chrome). The debug info will tell you the current coin spawn chance, wall spawn chance, current field size, and how many times you've cleared the room as well as the current point drain per frame in parentheses. Everything else is explained in the game itself.
💙💙💙

chridd

Postby chridd » December 30th, 2016, 10:53 am

Also:
• Not every keyboard has a numpad (or way of simulating a numpad). E.g., Mac laptops (I could probably plug in an external keyboard, but that means getting up).
• I can't see both the score and the actual game at the same time (canvas size should probably depend on window size) (by the way, my screen is 1280×800, and the space inside the window with the game is currently 994×599)
⌘R to refresh the page doesn't work (the game treats that as pressing R) Keyboard shortcuts in general don't work. (⌘ is called "meta" in JavaScript, by the way)
• How fast you can complete the game depends on your keyboard repeat rate, which different users can have set differently. (...although I've made at least one game with that issue myself)

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 30th, 2016, 11:55 am

chridd wrote:Image

Yup, I ran into that issue a few times as well. Not entirely certain how I'd go about preventing it with the way everything is coded. (I've only accounted for spots where it would be surrounded on all four sides which doesn't currently even take into account being on the edge of the playing field either.) Since I wasn't planning on it turning into a game it's not exactly very well planned out.
Also:
• Not every keyboard has a numpad (or way of simulating a numpad). E.g., Mac laptops (I could probably plug in an external keyboard, but that means getting up).
⌘R to refresh the page doesn't work (the game treats that as pressing R) Keyboard shortcuts in general don't work. (⌘ is called "meta" in JavaScript, by the way)
• How fast you can complete the game depends on your keyboard repeat rate, which different users can have set differently. (...although I've made at least one game with that issue myself)

This would be because I handled intercepting the default keypress events in a pretty lazy way. (Realized while typing this up I should be a lot less lazy with that bit actually. I can't even use my keyboard to open the console, lol.) The only keys that e.preventDefault() won't run on are backspace and F5. Good to know on the Mac key bit though. I figured refresh on Macs would be F5 like it is on Windows and Linux. What would you recommend for numpadless setups?

For the keyboard rate I'm not entirely certain how I could handle it better. I could probably do something with the update loop instead so it'd update at the same rate as said update loop.
• I can't see both the score and the actual game at the same time (canvas size should probably depend on window size) (by the way, my screen is 1280×800, and the space inside the window with the game is currently 994×599)

I'll have to look into this. I might've screwed something up with the way resizing works since it was something I did fairly early on. The canvas actually does change size according to the window size but it has a minimum size.

Code: Select all

function resize() {
   canvas.can.width = (document.body.clientWidth / size) - ((document.body.clientWidth / size) % tilesize);
   canvas.can.height = (document.body.clientHeight / size) - ((document.body.clientHeight / size) % tilesize);

//Keep an even number of tiles visible
   if ((canvas.can.width / tilesize) % 2 === 1) {
      canvas.can.width += tilesize;
   }
   if ((canvas.can.height / tilesize) % 2 === 1) {
      canvas.can.height += tilesize;
   }

//Minimum of 40 tiles visible in either direction
   if (canvas.can.width / tilesize < 40) {
      canvas.can.width = tilesize * 40;
   }
   if (canvas.can.height / tilesize < 40) {
      canvas.can.height = tilesize * 40;
   }

//Center the canvas on the screen
   canvas.can.style.left = `${Math.round((document.body.clientWidth / 2) - (canvas.can.width / 2))}px`;
   if (canvas.can.style.left.replace(/(\d+)px/, "$1") < 0) {
      canvas.can.style.left = `${tilesize}px`;
   }
   canvas.can.style.top = `${Math.round((document.body.clientHeight / 2) - (canvas.can.height / 2))}px`;
   if (canvas.can.style.top.replace(/(\d+)px/, "$1") < 0) {
      canvas.can.style.top = `${tilesize}px`;
   }
}

After a quick look through the resize function I'm going to have a guess that what's causing your problem is this bit:

Code: Select all

//Minimum of 40 tiles visible in either direction
   if (canvas.can.width / tilesize < 40) {
      canvas.can.width = tilesize * 40;
   }
   if (canvas.can.height / tilesize < 40) {
      canvas.can.height = tilesize * 40;
   }

I doubled the tilesize from 16 to 32 at one point so it looks like the minimum canvas size currently is 1280x1280. You could change that in your console to a size that better works for you for now. (After a quick test I realize that you'll also need to change player.movespeed to the same number, another thing I should probably fix. No point in keeping a separate variable for movespeed since it relies on the tilesize variable...) I'm done working on it for tonight but I'll look into fixing this bit up tomorrow at least.
💙💙💙

Return to “General Perversion”