Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
InsaneIntentions1

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » December 2nd, 2016, 10:51 pm

Work forgot to add my hours for black Friday, so i won't get paid for that until my next paycheck in two weeks :/
A man of many voices

Glitch
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground

Postby Glitch » December 3rd, 2016, 7:27 pm

I woke up feeling not half bad today but I guess I got a shit sleep cause I got a bad headache and my eyes hurt.
Yeah, thanks body.
ImageImageImage
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 3rd, 2016, 7:33 pm

GlitchedGhost wrote:I woke up feeling not half bad today but I guess I got a shit sleep cause I got a bad headache and my eyes hurt.
Yeah, thanks body.

Strangely enough that's how it's been for me on days I woke up feeling decent lately too. I either wake up feeling like I barely slept at all or I wake up feeling great only to get a headache before I've even been up for an hour.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 4th, 2016, 12:54 am

Woo, one of my friends bought me Pokemon Moon as a bit of an early Christmas present. Now to just download it which is taking impressively long. (Maybe 5% and it's been downloading 15-20 minutes so far.)
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 4th, 2016, 2:13 am

Alice wrote:Strangely enough that's how it's been for me on days I woke up feeling decent lately too. I either wake up feeling like I barely slept at all or I wake up feeling great only to get a headache before I've even been up for an hour.

I'm glad I don't wake up like this all the time. I'm just glad that now I'm feeling better. Not great, but better.

Alice wrote:Woo, one of my friends bought me Pokemon Moon as a bit of an early Christmas present. Now to just download it which is taking impressively long. (Maybe 5% and it's been downloading 15-20 minutes so far.)

Yay, Alice is joining the Pokemon nerds!
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 4th, 2016, 2:42 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:I'm glad I don't wake up like this all the time. I'm just glad that now I'm feeling better. Not great, but better.

Coincidentally it's exactly how I ended up waking up today myself, lol. Woke up feeling great then less than an hour later I had a killer headache. It's gone now but no chance of me really concentrating on anything still.
Yay, Alice is joining the Pokemon nerds!

I have the Sapphire remake as well. Just haven't played it as much as I should have. (Especially considering Sapphire was my favorite game in the series anyways.) Still waiting on it to finish downloading though. It's only up to 75% so it's either about the size of Doom 4 or it's barely using any of my download bandwidth at all.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 4th, 2016, 3:18 am

Alice wrote:Coincidentally it's exactly how I ended up waking up today myself, lol. Woke up feeling great then less than an hour later I had a killer headache. It's gone now but no chance of me really concentrating on anything still.

I know that feeling. My concentration was so bad this morning when the headache started that I was constantly running around in Animal Crossing forgetting what the hell I was doing.

I have the Sapphire remake as well. Just haven't played it as much as I should have. (Especially considering Sapphire was my favorite game in the series anyways.) Still waiting on it to finish downloading though. It's only up to 75% so it's either about the size of Doom 4 or it's barely using any of my download bandwidth at all.

Well, now you're joining us in Alola. I've been meaning to play Pokemon more, but for whatever reason Animal Crossing has my attention as of late.
But my god, no game should be taking that long to download.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 4th, 2016, 3:24 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:I know that feeling. My concentration was so bad this morning when the headache started that I was constantly running around in Animal Crossing forgetting what the hell I was doing.

I can't speak for everyone but Animal Crossing in particular is a game that ends up doing that to me regardless of how I'm feeling, lol.
Well, now you're joining us in Alola. I've been meaning to play Pokemon more, but for whatever reason Animal Crossing has my attention as of late.
But my god, no game should be taking that long to download.

It's taking freaking forever, lol. It's got like 1-2 more pixels worth of downloading to go on the progress bar now but it's been downloading since 4:44pm. It's 7:21pm. My download speed caps out at about 3.2-3.5mb/s depending on the time of day. That's enough bandwidth to download around 25-30 or so gigabytes worth of game. Which lines up with my claim about it being as big as Doom 4 since that took me 3-4 hours to download, lol.

Not-quite-an-edit: Woo, just as I was going to press the submit button I glanced over to see that it finished downloading. Freaking finally...
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 4th, 2016, 3:27 am

Alice wrote:I can't speak for everyone but Animal Crossing in particular is a game that ends up doing that to me regardless of how I'm feeling, lol.

I can be like that, but I'm not usually this bad.

It's taking freaking forever, lol. It's got like 1-2 more pixels worth of downloading to go on the progress bar now but it's been downloading since 4:44pm. It's 7:21pm. My download speed caps out at about 3.2-3.5mb/s depending on the time of day. That's enough bandwidth to download around 25-30 or so gigabytes worth of game. Which lines up with my claim about it being as big as Doom 4 since that took me 3-4 hours to download, lol.

Not-quite-an-edit: Woo, just as I was going to press the submit button I glanced over to see that it finished downloading. Freaking finally...

Yay! Now you can enjoy Pokemans! :D But I still don't think it's that big. Probably wasn't using all of your bandwidth then. 3DSes tend not to be the fastest when it comes to internet.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 4th, 2016, 3:57 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:Yay! Now you can enjoy Pokemans! :D But I still don't think it's that big. Probably wasn't using all of your bandwidth then. 3DSes tend not to be the fastest when it comes to internet.

Oh yeah, I definitely don't think it's nearly that big. Even Monster Hunter's only like three or four gigabytes. Judging by what I've seen of the game that seems like it'd be right around the same size.

Also so far I'm really liking the changes. The way they've handled the 3d since first introducing it in Gen 4 has always been really unappealing to me but so far it's really decent in this one. Feels much more like a natural 3d world instead of a 2d grid with some 3d objects stuffed into it. Though the lack of camera controls is a bit annoying but that's fairly minor since it seems they've handled the camera reasonably well.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 4th, 2016, 4:01 am

Alice wrote:Oh yeah, I definitely don't think it's nearly that big. Even Monster Hunter's only like three or four gigabytes. Judging by what I've seen of the game that seems like it'd be right around the same size.

Also so far I'm really liking the changes. The way they've handled the 3d since first introducing it in Gen 4 has always been really unappealing to me but so far it's really decent in this one. Feels much more like a natural 3d world instead of a 2d grid with some 3d objects stuffed into it. Though the lack of camera controls is a bit annoying but that's fairly minor since it seems they've handled the camera reasonably well.

I love the upgrades they've done for the game. And within the first couple hours of gameplay, you can change your hair and a few of your clothes.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 4th, 2016, 4:44 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:I love the upgrades they've done for the game. And within the first couple hours of gameplay, you can change your hair and a few of your clothes.

I'm also really liking the changes to the pokedex as well as the fact you can now access move information directly from the battle screen. Those are some really good improvements as well. And yup, I've heard that. Looking forward to seeing what I can do with my character's appearance. Though I've heard from the friend who bought me the game that you can't preview hair changes for some weird reason and that it's not particularly cheap to change it either. If he wasn't simply overlooking something then that's an odd design decision.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 4th, 2016, 5:41 am

Alice wrote:I'm also really liking the changes to the pokedex as well as the fact you can now access move information directly from the battle screen. Those are some really good improvements as well. And yup, I've heard that. Looking forward to seeing what I can do with my character's appearance. Though I've heard from the friend who bought me the game that you can't preview hair changes for some weird reason and that it's not particularly cheap to change it either. If he wasn't simply overlooking something then that's an odd design decision.

Agree with all you've said. They really improved things this time around, which I appreciate.
I will say, it kind of feels like they jipped the style a bit this time around. You only get shirts, shorts, capris, and skirts for main clothes, which really sucks. I liked the sixth gen's selection. Even still, I love being able to change my trainer. I find I always buy new clothes and change her hair every chance I get, lmao. I usually end up settling on something after I've completed the game.
Btw, this will help you a lot.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 4th, 2016, 6:09 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:Agree with all you've said. They really improved things this time around, which I appreciate.
I will say, it kind of feels like they jipped the style a bit this time around. You only get shirts, shorts, capris, and skirts for main clothes, which really sucks. I liked the sixth gen's selection. Even still, I love being able to change my trainer. I find I always buy new clothes and change her hair every chance I get, lmao. I usually end up settling on something after I've completed the game.
Btw, this will help you a lot.

I partly take back my complaints about the camera. It'd still be nice but for the most part it seems pretty smart and it's less of an issue when you get the map upgrade to your pokedex as well.

I hope they put more customization into the games in the future. Designing my character is one of my favorite things in games, lol.

I think I'll go for one of these hair styles when I can change:
Image or
Image and in this color:
I'd actually prefer a more natural red but unfortunately they don't have one.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 4th, 2016, 6:28 am

Alice wrote:I partly take back my complaints about the camera. It'd still be nice but for the most part it seems pretty smart and it's less of an issue when you get the map upgrade to your pokedex as well.

I hope they put more customization into the games in the future. Designing my character is one of my favorite things in games, lol.

I think I'll go for one of these hair styles when I can change:
Image or
Image and in this color:
I'd actually prefer a more natural red but unfortunately they don't have one.

They actually had more of an orange hair colour last game. I was disappointed they didn't include it in this one. I hope they put more customisation in, too. So you know, the pigtails and the wine red hair won't be unlocked until after the main game. Dumb as fuck, cause I really want the wine red or white hair.

I'm fond of
Image Image
Image Image
I think I may stick with the first one once I settle.

Colours?
Image Image
Image Image
I still think it's bullshit you have to wait for a couple of hair and eye colours till the end game. What's the point of that? Make it half way through the game or something.

Fun fact: I had started the game as a guy, but got pissed off with the fashion choices and restarted my game half-way through, lmao. I'm back to where I was, though. Tbh I missed having high socks and cute hair styles.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 4th, 2016, 7:04 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:They actually had more of an orange hair colour last game. I was disappointed they didn't include it in this one. I hope they put more customisation in, too. So you know, the pigtails and the wine red hair won't be unlocked until after the main game. Dumb as fuck, cause I really want the wine red or white hair.

Welp, seems like my mind's made up for me on hair styles then, lol. I was leaning slightly more towards the hair down one anyways luckily. I suppose for colors I'll have to go with either black or honey blonde instead. Kinda unfortunate there's only 9 colors and some of them aren't even unlocked until so late.
I'm fond of
Image Image
Image Image
I think I may stick with the first one once I settle.

The bottom right one is probably my personal favorite out of all the available hair styles. The top left one is pretty nice as well, just not my personal preference in style is all. I like it more than the remaining two at least.
Colours?
Image Image
Image Image
I still think it's bullshit you have to wait for a couple of hair and eye colours till the end game. What's the point of that? Make it half way through the game or something.

If you go with that top left one I think that the wine red or the brown in the top left would probably look best out of those four colors if you ask me. All four are about equally decent for the top right one and I think that the bottom left one would probably look best in white or the blonde/light brown. (Though I think in those colors it'd probably look better with the straight bangs instead of sideswept.) Dark colors, a rich blonde, or the wine red would all go well with the bottom right one.
Fun fact: I had started the game as a guy, but got pissed off with the fashion choices and restarted my game half-way through, lmao. I'm back to where I was, though. Tbh I missed having high socks and cute hair styles.

I haven't played as a guy in a single game since Crystal, lol. In my opinion the designs of the guys are much worse than the girls. I was talking to my friend who bought it for me earlier and I was looking at this page and discussing which characters we thought looked worst. Ethan, Hilbert, and Calem are the only male ones I don't think look awful while the only girls I don't really care for are Kris and May. Though even then I'd put those three about on the same level as Kris and May for the most part. Though I think all the female characters pale in comparison to Lillie who is freaking adorable. I like her outfit a lot and her hair style is probably one of my favorites, lol.
💙💙💙

Speedless

Postby Speedless » December 4th, 2016, 9:36 am

Alice wrote:I haven't played as a guy in a single game since Crystal, lol. In my opinion the designs of the guys are much worse than the girls. I was talking to my friend who bought it for me earlier and I was looking at this page and discussing which characters we thought looked worst. Ethan, Hilbert, and Calem are the only male ones I don't think look awful while the only girls I don't really care for are Kris and May. Though even then I'd put those three about on the same level as Kris and May for the most part. Though I think all the female characters pale in comparison to Lillie who is freaking adorable. I like her outfit a lot and her hair style is probably one of my favorites, lol.

Yeah, I tend to feel the same about the official games' girl characters. Maybe it was because Crystal was the first time I had a choice, or maybe it was just that she felt like the "proper" character for Crystal because she was all over the Nintendo Power guide, but I always liked Kris (though I think I may have done more runs of Crystal with Ethan than with her now). That blue hair, man. You've gotta have blue hair--and I liked the blue Pokegear better than the burnt-orange one, too. Probably the biggest winner for me was Leaf, though. Leaf was the embodiment of class, so I had to go with her for both FireRed and LeafGreen.

In the fangames, though, things go a little differently. Not as much differently as I thought until I started laying it out, but... Reborn has two characters each for male, female, and non-binary; though I don't mind any of them, my favorites are the two girls and just one of the boys (the one that reminds me of this classy guy). Rejuvenation? The girl who dresses like her mother is probably my favorite, but green-hat guy that I chose by accident grew on me as well, and one of the non-binary characters is basically Silver, which is also cool.

GlitchedGhost wrote:I still think it's bullshit you have to wait for a couple of hair and eye colours till the end game. What's the point of that? Make it half way through the game or something.

Well, I guess maybe they're expecting most players to spend the vast majority of their time on the postgame stuff instead of the main story? Doesn't make it right, though, and I feel exactly that way about certain Pokemon. (I've played RBY a bunch of times with all sorts of teams in varying levels of absurdity, but there were plenty of Pokemon that came so late in the game that level-grinding them from the level 20 or so they'd be when you got them *coughLAPRAScough* seemed far from worth it. Some, notably including Rhyhorn, come well after all of the scariest major battles anyway. For Pokemon like that, just going crazy with the general version of the Mew Glitch felt like the only practical way to use them in any remotely quick run.)

But speaking of which, at the start of the game, don't you only get like four presets for each gender to choose from? I guess it's because your character is a child (and a dependent), so it's your mom who buys you your starting outfit and stuff... but you don't actually get the opportunity to choose the exact appearance you'd want right off the bat. That's a little different from some other character creation things, where some equipment and stuff might not be available, but you can choose from most of the options for stuff like hair and eye color.

... And ultimately, it might be a good way to handle it. Developing your own style along the way turns into another aspect of the freedom you're getting by setting out on the adventure. The "choose your passport photo" question does save Kukui from asking you the infamous "Are you a boy or a girl [which I need you to tell me, despite being on what is probably a video phone with you]?", though.

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 4th, 2016, 6:28 pm

I need to stop staying up so late playing Animal Crossing.

Alice wrote:Welp, seems like my mind's made up for me on hair styles then, lol. I was leaning slightly more towards the hair down one anyways luckily. I suppose for colors I'll have to go with either black or honey blonde instead. Kinda unfortunate there's only 9 colors and some of them aren't even unlocked until so late.

I'm glad you have most options open, but I wish they were unlocked earlier than end-game. I usually don't like blonde, but I really like the caramel one.

The bottom right one is probably my personal favorite out of all the available hair styles. The top left one is pretty nice as well, just not my personal preference in style is all. I like it more than the remaining two at least.
[...]
If you go with that top left one I think that the wine red or the brown in the top left would probably look best out of those four colors if you ask me. All four are about equally decent for the top right one and I think that the bottom left one would probably look best in white or the blonde/light brown. (Though I think in those colors it'd probably look better with the straight bangs instead of sideswept.) Dark colors, a rich blonde, or the wine red would all go well with the bottom right one.

I always end up changing my style while I'm going through the main story line, so I usually have different hair styles I cycle through. I'm a big sucker for unnatural hair colours, so it's definitely going to be wine red or white. I don't care for the straight bangs/no bangs personally, so I'm usually sporting the sideswept.

I haven't played as a guy in a single game since Crystal, lol. In my opinion the designs of the guys are much worse than the girls. I was talking to my friend who bought it for me earlier and I was looking at this page and discussing which characters we thought looked worst. Ethan, Hilbert, and Calem are the only male ones I don't think look awful while the only girls I don't really care for are Kris and May. Though even then I'd put those three about on the same level as Kris and May for the most part. Though I think all the female characters pale in comparison to Lillie who is freaking adorable. I like her outfit a lot and her hair style is probably one of my favorites, lol.

My main game usually has me playing the girl, since I considered myself female up until the past year or so. And now I stick with it simply because the females have better choice in hair and fashion.
My favourite male mcs are Hilbert and Calem, while my favourite girls are Leaf and Hilda. May isn't bad, either. I never cared for a lot of the protag's designs.
And Lillie? Lillie is SO CUTE. And she ends up  changing clothes later  (this isn't anything major but still considered a spoiler if you wanna click), and her  new outfit is super cute . She's one of my favourite characters in SM so far.

Speedless wrote:Well, I guess maybe they're expecting most players to spend the vast majority of their time on the postgame stuff instead of the main story? Doesn't make it right, though, and I feel exactly that way about certain Pokemon. (I've played RBY a bunch of times with all sorts of teams in varying levels of absurdity, but there were plenty of Pokemon that came so late in the game that level-grinding them from the level 20 or so they'd be when you got them *coughLAPRAScough* seemed far from worth it. Some, notably including Rhyhorn, come well after all of the scariest major battles anyway. For Pokemon like that, just going crazy with the general version of the Mew Glitch felt like the only practical way to use them in any remotely quick run.)

But speaking of which, at the start of the game, don't you only get like four presets for each gender to choose from? I guess it's because your character is a child (and a dependent), so it's your mom who buys you your starting outfit and stuff... but you don't actually get the opportunity to choose the exact appearance you'd want right off the bat. That's a little different from some other character creation things, where some equipment and stuff might not be available, but you can choose from most of the options for stuff like hair and eye color.

... And ultimately, it might be a good way to handle it. Developing your own style along the way turns into another aspect of the freedom you're getting by setting out on the adventure. The "choose your passport photo" question does save Kukui from asking you the infamous "Are you a boy or a girl [which I need you to tell me, despite being on what is probably a video phone with you]?", though.

That's like there's one Pokemon that I'm waiting for on my final team that I don't get until later. It happened in White, too. Rufflet in White was literally the route before the Pokemon League, and you couldn't find it anywhere else.
But yeah, you get four presets, then after the tutorial, you can change your hair and a few articles of clothing. Although, it's mostly choosing your skin colour, since you can change everything else a couple hours into the game.
Agreed with that last part. It does suck and I wish it was a bit earlier than post-game, but whatever.
ImageImageImage

Speedless

Postby Speedless » December 4th, 2016, 8:48 pm

GlitchedGhost wrote:
Speedless wrote:Well, I guess maybe they're expecting most players to spend the vast majority of their time on the postgame stuff instead of the main story? Doesn't make it right, though, and I feel exactly that way about certain Pokemon. (I've played RBY a bunch of times with all sorts of teams in varying levels of absurdity, but there were plenty of Pokemon that came so late in the game that level-grinding them from the level 20 or so they'd be when you got them *coughLAPRAScough* seemed far from worth it. Some, notably including Rhyhorn, come well after all of the scariest major battles anyway. For Pokemon like that, just going crazy with the general version of the Mew Glitch felt like the only practical way to use them in any remotely quick run.)

That's like there's one Pokemon that I'm waiting for on my final team that I don't get until later. It happened in White, too. Rufflet in White was literally the route before the Pokemon League, and you couldn't find it anywhere else.

Yeah, that's the Rhyhorn Problem, all right. (Well, in Gen II, anyway--I forgot that Gen I put it in the Safari Zone at level 25 or even level 20, which gives it the Lapras Problem instead.)

Another interesting thing occurred to me today, too. Thanks to stat experience, a Graveler you've been carrying with you for the whole game could actually have better Speed and overall defense than a Rhydon you catch in Victory Road and only train for a few levels--and if you were able to trade that Graveler, well, a well-trained Golem blows a fresh Rhydon out of the water! And things get even worse for the later-game, "better" Rhydon. In Gen I, it couldn't learn Earthquake by leveling up, so it'd use up your one Earthquake TM (if you didn't use Missingno. to get yourself a bunch more anyway); Golem didn't have that problem. In Gen II, Rhydon got Earthquake, but if you wanted a Rock attack on it, you'd have to either use your Rollout TM or wait to breed Rock Slide from a Larvitar--which doesn't show up until literally the cave before the strongest trainer in existence, at the very end of the game! Meanwhile, Golem happily inherits Rock Slide from a level-28 Sudowoodo, which you can get just three badges in.

So in the old days, a veteran member of your team could really do better than a "better" late-game alternative. I like that--it gives me the feeling that the game really does want you to develop long-term bonds with your Pokemon. I wonder how much EVs change that, since no more than two of the six stats can improve that much anymore...

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 4th, 2016, 8:55 pm

Speedless wrote:Yeah, I tend to feel the same about the official games' girl characters. Maybe it was because Crystal was the first time I had a choice, or maybe it was just that she felt like the "proper" character for Crystal because she was all over the Nintendo Power guide, but I always liked Kris (though I think I may have done more runs of Crystal with Ethan than with her now). That blue hair, man. You've gotta have blue hair--and I liked the blue Pokegear better than the burnt-orange one, too. Probably the biggest winner for me was Leaf, though. Leaf was the embodiment of class, so I had to go with her for both FireRed and LeafGreen.

I've always gone with female characters when given the choice for as long as I can remember. Also I somewhat disagree on the blue hair bit. My order of preference is natural red, darkish unnatural red, black, then light purple or pink. I also prefer green/aqua/teal hair over flat blue, lol.
GlitchedGhost wrote:I need to stop staying up so late playing Animal Crossing.

This is exactly the issue I had with Moon last night, lol. I ended up staying up quite a bit later than I normally would because I totally lost track of time.
I'm glad you have most options open, but I wish they were unlocked earlier than end-game. I usually don't like blonde, but I really like the caramel one.

I'm not a particularly big fan of blonde myself. I like it more now than I used to but it's still not my favorite color, or even a particularly liked one, by any means. Used to be by far my least favorite hair color though. I've never gotten why it appeals to people so much.
I always end up changing my style while I'm going through the main story line, so I usually have different hair styles I cycle through. I'm a big sucker for unnatural hair colours, so it's definitely going to be wine red or white. I don't care for the straight bangs/no bangs personally, so I'm usually sporting the sideswept.

I tend to find a style and stick to it with occasional tweaks. In a case like Moon I'm most likely going to leave my hair the way it is (went with the hair style I'd previously mentioned and black for the color) but I'll definitely be changing my clothes the moment I get access to something better. I'm wearing the black v-neck tee, black casual shorts, then purple over the knee socks because they're ridiculously purple and I needed at least some amount of color since I already had long black hair and a black shirt+shorts. (Would've preferred an ice blue to match my lipstick but sadly that wasn't an option.)
My main game usually has me playing the girl, since I considered myself female up until the past year or so. And now I stick with it simply because the females have better choice in hair and fashion.
My favourite male mcs are Hilbert and Calem, while my favourite girls are Leaf and Hilda. May isn't bad, either. I never cared for a lot of the protag's designs.
And Lillie? Lillie is SO CUTE. And she ends up  changing clothes later  (this isn't anything major but still considered a spoiler if you wanna click), and her  new outfit is super cute . She's one of my favourite characters in SM so far.

I end up playing a female character cause I feel it fits me a lot better. (Plus, you know, the whole transgender thing. Though that one's still only the last 5-6 years itself.) Completely agreed on female characters being a better choice if only for the better hair and fashion choices though. Even if I didn't normally play female characters that'd be a very compelling reason to start.

I don't mind Leaf or Hilda at all. I'd have to go with Serena and Dawn for my favorite designs though. Dawn's dress is really cute and I actually like all of Serena's design. Interestingly enough though, Dawn and Hilda would be my third and fourth favorites in that order.

And that's interesting to hear. I look forward to seeing what it is. I think  her current outfit  is exceptionally cute. I wish it were available as an option for the player to wear, lol. (Edit: Also rather wish her hair style was available too because it's one of my favorite hair styles.) And so far she's definitely my favorite character. On top of being ridiculously adorable she's pretty interesting too. I wouldn't say any of the characters I've seen so far are particularly bad (maybe excluding those Team Skull morons, lol. But they're so ridiculous I can't help but laugh at them) but she still tops the list.

Also should pass my first challenge today. Unless another Team Skull distraction comes up before I can reach it I stopped shortly before Ilima's challenge. Had just evolved my Rowlett too. I'd probably have beaten it yesterday but there were two side quests I'd gotten from npcs in the city which I wanted to complete. One for having ten pokemon caught and another for having Drifloon in my pokedex. Turned out to be totally worth it because one of them netted me $10k while the other netted me 10 ultra balls. (Which would be $12k itself if their price hasn't changed.)
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 5th, 2016, 12:12 am

New week, new lust object! I just found out/remembered the existence of this sexy goddess: Image I wish I was the one under her high heel Image Implied BDSM

Yep, Iris Heart from the Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise, doing what she does best: taking "goddess" in the most sexual way possible. As you know, I love dominant characters like her, but what really draws me to her is how innocent Plutia is, and how much of a change she undergoes in HDD form (but even Plutia has hints of sadism; one of her attacks has her stomping on the doll she carries around to harm the enemy). Sorta like I can be, actually; I don't know how many people here know this, but I'm quite quiet and shy and arguably demure IRL, even though I'm loud, boisterous and naughty online. So yeah, that's pretty neat.

Alice wrote:One for having ten pokemon caught

Oh yeah, I had that ready the first time I met the guy. I have a habit of catching every new Pokemon I see, and also fully evolving Weedle/Caterpie immediately, so it was pretty easy to have 10 registered by the time I met them. Yay for my habits finally paying off?
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 5th, 2016, 12:24 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Oh yeah, I had that ready the first time I met the guy. I have a habit of catching every new Pokemon I see, and also fully evolving Weedle/Caterpie immediately, so it was pretty easy to have 10 registered by the time I met them. Yay for my habits finally paying off?

I'd caught one of every wild pokemon I'd run into by that point but I was still only up to 7 or 8 when I got to him, lol. I tend to avoid grinding in rpgs so I tend to get a bit underlevelled (I'd much rather struggle against a strong opponent than spend an hour grinding for levels which has resulted in fun things such as multiple hard mode Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow runs where I reached Death at levels ranging from level 8 to level 15) and I used to also catch like six pokemon then stick with them for most of the game without really worrying about others. Both on AlphaSapphire and, so far, on Moon though I've put more effort into catching more pokemon.

As of yet I've captured one of every wild pokemon I've run into. Though I know I'm missing some because the entirety of my playtime happened during the day. I know for certain I'm missing Misdreavus from talking with my friend who got me the game. He was talking about running into almost nothing but Misdreavus in the cemetery and not getting a single Drifloon while I was running into equal parts Drifloon and Gastly but not a single Misdreavus.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 5th, 2016, 1:02 am

Speedless wrote:Yeah, that's the Rhyhorn Problem, all right. (Well, in Gen II, anyway--I forgot that Gen I put it in the Safari Zone at level 25 or even level 20, which gives it the Lapras Problem instead.)

Another interesting thing occurred to me today, too. Thanks to stat experience, a Graveler you've been carrying with you for the whole game could actually have better Speed and overall defense than a Rhydon you catch in Victory Road and only train for a few levels--and if you were able to trade that Graveler, well, a well-trained Golem blows a fresh Rhydon out of the water! And things get even worse for the later-game, "better" Rhydon. In Gen I, it couldn't learn Earthquake by leveling up, so it'd use up your one Earthquake TM (if you didn't use Missingno. to get yourself a bunch more anyway); Golem didn't have that problem. In Gen II, Rhydon got Earthquake, but if you wanted a Rock attack on it, you'd have to either use your Rollout TM or wait to breed Rock Slide from a Larvitar--which doesn't show up until literally the cave before the strongest trainer in existence, at the very end of the game! Meanwhile, Golem happily inherits Rock Slide from a level-28 Sudowoodo, which you can get just three badges in.

So in the old days, a veteran member of your team could really do better than a "better" late-game alternative. I like that--it gives me the feeling that the game really does want you to develop long-term bonds with your Pokemon. I wonder how much EVs change that, since no more than two of the six stats can improve that much anymore...

They always said that Pokemon levelled from lower are a lot tougher than ones caught in the wild. I think it still applies.

Alice wrote:This is exactly the issue I had with Moon last night, lol. I ended up staying up quite a bit later than I normally would because I totally lost track of time.

My problem is that it's starting to really get to me. I keep getting headaches and my eyes hurt during the day, and I generally feel tired. I need to put my foot down tonight and go to bed when I usually do.

I'm not a particularly big fan of blonde myself. I like it more now than I used to but it's still not my favorite color, or even a particularly liked one, by any means. Used to be by far my least favorite hair color though. I've never gotten why it appeals to people so much.

With natural colours, I tend to stick with red/orange. Unnatural, red, blue, purple, and white are my favourites. I don't get why blonde appeals to so many people either.

I tend to find a style and stick to it with occasional tweaks. In a case like Moon I'm most likely going to leave my hair the way it is (went with the hair style I'd previously mentioned and black for the color) but I'll definitely be changing my clothes the moment I get access to something better. I'm wearing the black v-neck tee, black casual shorts, then purple over the knee socks because they're ridiculously purple and I needed at least some amount of color since I already had long black hair and a black shirt+shorts. (Would've preferred an ice blue to match my lipstick but sadly that wasn't an option.)

I wanna post a picture of my girl. Hold on a sec.
Boop

And that's interesting to hear. I look forward to seeing what it is. I think  her current outfit  is exceptionally cute. I wish it were available as an option for the player to wear, lol. (Edit: Also rather wish her hair style was available too because it's one of my favorite hair styles.) And so far she's definitely my favorite character. On top of being ridiculously adorable she's pretty interesting too. I wouldn't say any of the characters I've seen so far are particularly bad (maybe excluding those Team Skull morons, lol. But they're so ridiculous I can't help but laugh at them) but she still tops the list.

Her current outfit is pretty nice, too. I love her hat, and I want one for my character. And her hair style is lovely. And Team Skull at one point ends up  trying to steal a bus stop. And failing. Badly. But when you come to it, it is VERY funny. 

[spoiler]Also should pass my first challenge today. Unless another Team Skull distraction comes up before I can reach it I stopped shortly before Ilima's challenge. Had just evolved my Rowlett too. I'd probably have beaten it yesterday but there were two side quests I'd gotten from npcs in the city which I wanted to complete. One for having ten pokemon caught and another for having Drifloon in my pokedex. Turned out to be totally worth it because one of them netted me $10k while the other netted me 10 ultra balls. (Which would be $12k itself if their price hasn't changed.)[/quote]
Yay, another Rowlett fan! I'm pretty far in the game, I'm currently beating up bad guys, just finished the third island.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 5th, 2016, 2:03 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:My problem is that it's starting to really get to me. I keep getting headaches and my eyes hurt during the day, and I generally feel tired. I need to put my foot down tonight and go to bed when I usually do.

I've had this problem today too, lol. I've taken 1200mg of ibuprofen and my headache is only just now starting to go away. Though I think the headache is less because of my staying up late than it is my allergies like it has been lately. I've been sleeping pretty poorly regardless and there've been a few nights I've stayed up an hour or two later than I did last night.
With natural colours, I tend to stick with red/orange. Unnatural, red, blue, purple, and white are my favourites. I don't get why blonde appeals to so many people either.

My hair is naturally red (though as it thins out more it's turning light brown for some reason) so a natural red is the obvious choice for me. If it's not red then black would be my choice in natural hair colors. I just think it looks really nice.
I wanna post a picture of my girl. Hold on a sec.
Boop

That's actually pretty adorable, lol. I'd post a picture of mine but I dunno if it's possible to take a screenshot on my 3ds or not and my phone hasn't been working right ever since my memory card started messing up. It doesn't even have a memory card in it now.
Her current outfit is pretty nice, too. I love her hat, and I want one for my character. And her hair style is lovely. And Team Skull at one point ends up  trying to steal a bus stop. And failing. Badly. But when you come to it, it is VERY funny. 

I'm usually not a big fan of hats but ones such as hers or Serena's are pretty nice. I'm a bigger fan of ribbons, flowers, or other hair decorations for the most part.  Trying to steal a bus stop? What the hell, lol. Why would you even want to steal one of those?? 
Yay, another Rowlett fan! I'm pretty far in the game, I'm currently beating up bad guys, just finished the third island.

I was torn between the cat one cause it was kinda cute and Rowlett because grass is typically my favorite starter type. Rowlett's evolution is kinda adorable, lol. Ended up choosing Rowlett because I really do prefer grass to fire (plus it's flying too which is a neat combo) and I literally have only ever chosen fire as my starter a single time and that was clear back when I first got a Pokemon game. I got Red a long ass time ago (wanted Blue but the store was out) and chose Charmander as my starter. Quickly got stuck on Brock then ended up trading my Red for a friend's Blue and went with one of the other two. Haven't chosen fire a single time since. With the exceptions of gen2 which I choose water and gen1 which I choose water or grass reasonably evenly I almost always choose grass type.
💙💙💙

Speedless

Postby Speedless » December 5th, 2016, 2:24 am

Description of the video I'm watching: "I feel like this series is gonna be really unraocow."
Audio coming from the video I'm watching: "The reindeer went in the woods! [slashing rhythmically] I--wan-na--pet--the--reindeer! URRGH!"
Definitely unraocow. Definitely. :tstick:

GlitchedGhost wrote:
Speedless wrote:I wonder how much EVs change that, since no more than two of the six stats can improve that much anymore...

They always said that Pokemon levelled from lower are a lot tougher than ones caught in the wild. I think it still applies.

Yeah, you're right. Usually, when they're saying that, it's in the context of Pokemon of the same species and level having different stats, but I did a couple calculations--even when the freshly caught Pokemon's base stats are a fair amount higher, a good nature and some EVs in the most important stats can make the trained Pokemon better for the job. It just won't completely dominate the new Pokemon the way it would in the old stat experience system.

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Oh yeah, I had that ready the first time I met the guy. I have a habit of catching every new Pokemon I see, and also fully evolving Weedle/Caterpie immediately, so it was pretty easy to have 10 registered by the time I met them. Yay for my habits finally paying off?

But Butterfree always pays off! Seriously, Compound Eyes Sleep Powder at level 12 is glorious, especially paired with a Yawn user for those pesky Grass-types and Overcoat users.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 5th, 2016, 2:40 am

Well there's the first trial done. That was a lot easier than I was expecting after hearing from my friend how much trouble he had with it, lol. I didn't even take a single point of damage until the totem battle and even then I took 9 damage from a single attack despite having been tail whipped twice.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 5th, 2016, 3:52 am

Beat the first kahuna as well which was even easier. Took me four hits to defeat all three of his pokemon in total and only took a fake-out for 8 damage and a single leer in return. Was a pretty lucky decision to equip that sharp beak I came across apparently, lol.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 5th, 2016, 7:35 am

I'm really seeing why I've seen people complain about this piece of shit call for help mechanic now. It makes catching pokemon WAY more frustrating than it should be. I'm fighting this Wishiwashi. It has successfully called for help six times in a row. I gave up trying to catch it two calls ago but it has somehow dodged razor leaf (which hits both enemy pokemon) twice in a row now. This isn't the first time this obnoxious mechanic has gotten on my nerves but this is by far the worst infraction.

Edit: Fucking finally. It took six successful calls for me to kill it. In that time it had healed with its aqua sphere from nearly dead to ~70% hp because it kept managing to dodge my attacks. (And before giving up on catching the asshole I was targeting the one it summoned.)
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 5th, 2016, 8:07 am

So, my last post made me curious: should I try to do a "weekly lust object" thing on this board, where I talk about and show a sexy pic (but still safe for DA) of a character who's caught my eye? I know it sounds kinda dumb, but I really wanna try to do it now Image! Would anyone be interested? Would anyone be annoyed? Annoyed enough to hate me :tsad: , or just annoyed enough to elicit a reaction that'll make me laugh :tstick: ?

Of course, I can't guarantee it'll be weekly, but I can try to shoot for "whenever I find someone sexy" :tstick:!
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 5th, 2016, 10:27 am

Hah, I just noticed during the volcano totem fight that 4/6 of my pokemon are flying types. My starter, and the one that did the first two fights as well as 2/3rds of the totem's health, is grass/flying then I have a ghost/flying Drifloon, a fire/flying whatever the evolution of Fletchling was, and a normal/flying something or other that starts with a P from the first island. (It's god three stages of evolution.) My Slowpoke also really carried its weight this fight. It finished the totem off when I switched out my starter but succumbed to toxic just a little bit before taking out the ally the totem called. (Non-flyings are my Slowpoke and Magnemite.)
EarthPhantomTS wrote:So, my last post made me curious: should I try to do a "weekly lust object" thing on this board, where I talk about and show a sexy pic (but still safe for DA) of a character who's caught my eye? I know it sounds kinda dumb, but I really wanna try to do it now Image! Would anyone be interested? Would anyone be annoyed? Annoyed enough to hate me :tsad: , or just annoyed enough to elicit a reaction that'll make me laugh :tstick: ?

Of course, I can't guarantee it'll be weekly, but I can try to shoot for "whenever I find someone sexy" :tstick:!

I don't really care personally so long as you make use of nsfw tags and, if necessary, spoiler tags if it becomes a huge post. (Also try not to go overboard either.) I'd wait to hear what others thing though before making a decision.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 5th, 2016, 10:39 am

Alice wrote:Hah, I just noticed during the volcano totem fight that 4/6 of my pokemon are flying types. My starter, and the one that did the first two fights as well as 2/3rds of the totem's health, is grass/flying then I have a ghost/flying Drifloon, a fire/flying whatever the evolution of Fletchling was, and a normal/flying something or other that starts with a P from the first island. (It's god three stages of evolution.) My Slowpoke also really carried its weight this fight. It finished the totem off when I switched out my starter but succumbed to toxic just a little bit before taking out the ally the totem called. (Non-flyings are my Slowpoke and Magnemite.)

Umm...is this a thing that makes the fight easier or harder? Just curious, so that I'll have an idea of what'll happen (I'm pretty much the...exact opposite...of a spoiler hater. Though yeah, you might want to put your answer in spoiler tags for other people who might care).

EarthPhantomTS wrote:So, my last post made me curious: should I try to do a "weekly lust object" thing on this board, where I talk about and show a sexy pic (but still safe for DA) of a character who's caught my eye? I know it sounds kinda dumb, but I really wanna try to do it now Image! Would anyone be interested? Would anyone be annoyed? Annoyed enough to hate me :tsad: , or just annoyed enough to elicit a reaction that'll make me laugh :tstick: ?

I don't really care personally so long as you make use of nsfw tags and, if necessary, spoiler tags if it becomes a huge post. (Also try not to go overboard either.) I'd wait to hear what others thing though before making a decision.

Well, it's just a random idea I had to increase the naughtiness of this board by about...1% (because, let's face it, as long as I'm a regular here, it's got a pretty high "naughty" level). So I won't be too broken up if you're the only one who's like "Go for it" and everyone else is like "What the hell, Earth?!"

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 5th, 2016, 11:14 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Umm...is this a thing that makes the fight easier or harder? Just curious, so that I'll have an idea of what'll happen (I'm pretty much the...exact opposite...of a spoiler hater. Though yeah, you might want to put your answer in spoiler tags for other people who might care).

Nah, I was just noticing that having 2/3rds of my party being flying pokemon was a total accident and actually a potential weakness I need to watch out for. The real weakness was my starter being the grass type yet carrying me through nearly the entire trial by itself despite being weak to the pokemon in the trial.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 5th, 2016, 6:44 pm

I got the badge for playing 50 hours in ACNL. Nice.

Alice wrote:I've had this problem today too, lol. I've taken 1200mg of ibuprofen and my headache is only just now starting to go away. Though I think the headache is less because of my staying up late than it is my allergies like it has been lately. I've been sleeping pretty poorly regardless and there've been a few nights I've stayed up an hour or two later than I did last night.

I find my body can be kind of finicky if I stay up past when I should be going to bed, and doing it a few nights in a row made me pay for it. I forced myself to go to bed earlier last night (midnight), didn't fall asleep till before 1, and I slept till 11 today. I feel quite a bit better now.

My hair is naturally red (though as it thins out more it's turning light brown for some reason) so a natural red is the obvious choice for me. If it's not red then black would be my choice in natural hair colors. I just think it looks really nice.

Fair enough. My hair is... a light-ish brown with red highlights if you see it in the sun. Also a fan of black and chocolate brown hair. Forgot to mention that.

That's actually pretty adorable, lol. I'd post a picture of mine but I dunno if it's possible to take a screenshot on my 3ds or not and my phone hasn't been working right ever since my memory card started messing up. It doesn't even have a memory card in it now.

Aw, that's a shame. But thank you! Probably gonna end up changing my clothes and hair again when I come across the next shop, but that's just cause I love doing it.
There's also a cute beach hat for too much money at the beginning of the game that I want.

I'm usually not a big fan of hats but ones such as hers or Serena's are pretty nice. I'm a bigger fan of ribbons, flowers, or other hair decorations for the most part.  Trying to steal a bus stop? What the hell, lol. Why would you even want to steal one of those?? 

I am as well. I've never been a terribly big hat person, in games and irl.  And yes, that's Team Skull for you. It's on the third island, I can't wait till you get to it. xD 

I was torn between the cat one cause it was kinda cute and Rowlett because grass is typically my favorite starter type. Rowlett's evolution is kinda adorable, lol. Ended up choosing Rowlett because I really do prefer grass to fire (plus it's flying too which is a neat combo) and I literally have only ever chosen fire as my starter a single time and that was clear back when I first got a Pokemon game. I got Red a long ass time ago (wanted Blue but the store was out) and chose Charmander as my starter. Quickly got stuck on Brock then ended up trading my Red for a friend's Blue and went with one of the other two. Haven't chosen fire a single time since. With the exceptions of gen2 which I choose water and gen1 which I choose water or grass reasonably evenly I almost always choose grass type.

Litten is pretty cute, too. Hell, so is Popplio, but I haven't had a good bird starter in ages, and y'know the bird nerd. Rowlett's last form changes from grass/flying to grass/ghost which is pretty fucking rad. I end up going with whatever Pokemon I like more for my starter, which usually ends up being fire, but it has been others, too.
Let's see... Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic (my first ever Pokemon), Piplup, Snivy, Fennekin (didn't like its last form), and Rowlett were my first choices, but I like the other starters for the most part as well.

Speedless wrote:Yeah, you're right. Usually, when they're saying that, it's in the context of Pokemon of the same species and level having different stats, but I did a couple calculations--even when the freshly caught Pokemon's base stats are a fair amount higher, a good nature and some EVs in the most important stats can make the trained Pokemon better for the job. It just won't completely dominate the new Pokemon the way it would in the old stat experience system.

That's true. I know that mechanics like that have definitely changed.

Alice wrote:Well there's the first trial done. That was a lot easier than I was expecting after hearing from my friend how much trouble he had with it, lol. I didn't even take a single point of damage until the totem battle and even then I took 9 damage from a single attack despite having been tail whipped twice.

Alice wrote:Beat the first kahuna as well which was even easier. Took me four hits to defeat all three of his pokemon in total and only took a fake-out for 8 damage and a single leer in return. Was a pretty lucky decision to equip that sharp beak I came across apparently, lol.

Alice wrote:I'm really seeing why I've seen people complain about this piece of shit call for help mechanic now. It makes catching pokemon WAY more frustrating than it should be. I'm fighting this Wishiwashi. It has successfully called for help six times in a row. I gave up trying to catch it two calls ago but it has somehow dodged razor leaf (which hits both enemy pokemon) twice in a row now. This isn't the first time this obnoxious mechanic has gotten on my nerves but this is by far the worst infraction.

Edit: Fucking finally. It took six successful calls for me to kill it. In that time it had healed with its aqua sphere from nearly dead to ~70% hp because it kept managing to dodge my attacks. (And before giving up on catching the asshole I was targeting the one it summoned.)

And here we have a wild Alice liveblogging her Pokemon adventure.
I agree. The SOS battles are a neat idea, but make it FUCKING ANNOYING when trying to catch a Pokemon. I ended up giving up catching Beldum because of it.

I dunno how many people would be into it, considering how small of a forum we are. I'd probably check it out, out of curiosity. I wouldn't be annoyed by it by any means, and I don't think anyone else would if you made a separate thread for it.

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Umm...is this a thing that makes the fight easier or harder? Just curious, so that I'll have an idea of what'll happen (I'm pretty much the...exact opposite...of a spoiler hater. Though yeah, you might want to put your answer in spoiler tags for other people who might care).

Nah, I was just noticing that having 2/3rds of my party being flying pokemon was a total accident and actually a potential weakness I need to watch out for. The real weakness was my starter being the grass type yet carrying me through nearly the entire trial by itself despite being weak to the pokemon in the trial.

Should definitely be careful with that. Ice and Electric can get you good. Rock, too.
I actually kind of want to start a Pokemon run with just bird/flying Pokemon. I think it'd be fun.
ImageImageImage

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 5th, 2016, 6:50 pm

Oh, by the way, Alice, since you're playing Pokemon SM, and to anyone else playing it, you can get Magearna with this QR code after you complete the game. It apparently only works for the Americas.
https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status ... 9526092801
ImageImageImage

Speedless

Postby Speedless » December 5th, 2016, 7:27 pm

GlitchedGhost wrote:Litten is pretty cute, too. Hell, so is Popplio, but I haven't had a good bird starter in ages, and y'know the bird nerd.

Took me a minute to remember that there have even been bird starters before. Me, the hardcore fan of the Torchic and Piplup lines. :tstick: As for Delphox, it's certainly a bit of a surprise coming from Fennekin, but it falls right into my wheelhouse--I deeply approve of Fire-types, Psychic-types, and free stuff.

Alice wrote:The existence of SOS battles

Wouldn't a Yawn user like Slowpoke be able to help with that? Bring the good Samaritan down to low HP (if you can't just take it out in one hit), Yawn at the one you're trying to catch, then knock out the good Samaritan next turn, and your target falls asleep at the end of the turn. I don't know whether it gets a chance to call for help before Yawn kicks in, but even if it does, it's just one chance until it wakes up again.

Or paralysis would work too, but I often get an irrational feeling that paralysis doesn't help that much with the actual catching when I'm flinging ball after ball at a Pokemon and none of them work, so I prefer sleep despite how quickly it wears off now.

Should definitely be careful with that. Ice and Electric can get you good. Rock, too.
I actually kind of want to start a Pokemon run with just bird/flying Pokemon. I think it'd be fun.

Sometimes I wonder if there's some reason that when I put a lot of Pokemon I like in a team, it usually ends up having at least one glaring, massively shared weakness. Especially in Reborn and Rejuvenation, it feels like I'm constantly being ambushed by the exact thing I forgot to plan for. Fire, Water, Electric, and Flying and the weaknesses they share seem to be frequently at fault. Then there are those times when I desperately need a levitating Pokemon and realize I haven't trained any yet...

EarthPhantomTS wrote:"weekly lust object" thing

With this stipulation, it sounds like a perfectly reasonable idea.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 5th, 2016, 8:07 pm

Speedless wrote:
Alice wrote:I don't really care personally so long as you make use of nsfw tags and, if necessary, spoiler tags if it becomes a huge post. (Also try not to go overboard either.) I'd wait to hear what others thing though before making a decision.

With this stipulation, it sounds like a perfectly reasonable idea.

Oh yes, I was gonna do it like how I did the post on The Burst and Iris Heart. Which is to say, using nsfw tags and keeping it kinda shortish.

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 5th, 2016, 8:22 pm

I'm seriously going to start dumping water on my roommate if he can't pull himself out of bed.
"Just wake me up" he says.
Yeah okay, I've been working at it since three hours ago. I was pushing against his leg pretty hard at one point multiple times and STILL got no response.
And he's still laying in bed now, sort of awake, but I wouldn't be surprised if he dozed off again.
Why the fuck do I even try.

Speedless wrote:Took me a minute to remember that there have even been bird starters before. Me, the hardcore fan of the Torchic and Piplup lines. :tstick: As for Delphox, it's certainly a bit of a surprise coming from Fennekin, but it falls right into my wheelhouse--I deeply approve of Fire-types, Psychic-types, and free stuff.

Lol good going. I did like Fennekin and Braixen, I just wasn't a big fan of Delphox.

Wouldn't a Yawn user like Slowpoke be able to help with that? Bring the good Samaritan down to low HP (if you can't just take it out in one hit), Yawn at the one you're trying to catch, then knock out the good Samaritan next turn, and your target falls asleep at the end of the turn. I don't know whether it gets a chance to call for help before Yawn kicks in, but even if it does, it's just one chance until it wakes up again.

Or paralysis would work too, but I often get an irrational feeling that paralysis doesn't help that much with the actual catching when I'm flinging ball after ball at a Pokemon and none of them work, so I prefer sleep despite how quickly it wears off now.

It takes a turn for Yawn to kick in, so the Pokemon gets another move. It could call in another one.

Sometimes I wonder if there's some reason that when I put a lot of Pokemon I like in a team, it usually ends up having at least one glaring, massively shared weakness. Especially in Reborn and Rejuvenation, it feels like I'm constantly being ambushed by the exact thing I forgot to plan for. Fire, Water, Electric, and Flying and the weaknesses they share seem to be frequently at fault. Then there are those times when I desperately need a levitating Pokemon and realize I haven't trained any yet...

I try to pick out ones I like while still having a reasonably balanced team. I kind of failed with that this time, so I ended up putting a Golisopod on my team recently. Still want to get Kommo-o on my team.
ImageImageImage

ParmaJon

Postby ParmaJon » December 5th, 2016, 10:07 pm

GlitchedGhost wrote:I'm seriously going to start dumping water on my roommate if he can't pull himself out of bed.
Yeah okay, I've been working at it since three hours ago. I was pushing against his leg pretty hard at one point multiple times and STILL got no response.
And he's still laying in bed now, sort of awake, but I wouldn't be surprised if he dozed off again.

Water could work, or what I did to wake a friend up once was go into their room while they were sleeping, grab their arms, drag them out of bed and onto the floor, then I picked up their mattress and dropped it on them and promptly leaving.
I do things at ParmaJon's Pizza Palace and on my own channel. Also sarcasm everywhere.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 5th, 2016, 10:18 pm

Welp, this was a REALLY freaking long post, lol. Took me like 40 minutes to write...
GlitchedGhost wrote:I find my body can be kind of finicky if I stay up past when I should be going to bed, and doing it a few nights in a row made me pay for it. I forced myself to go to bed earlier last night (midnight), didn't fall asleep till before 1, and I slept till 11 today. I feel quite a bit better now.

Even with the way I handle my sleep schedule now, I'm so used to dealing with not being able to sleep that I find it incredibly easy to stay up late. It's the reason why when I hang out with my friends and they decide to stay up all night I'm consistently the only one who actually makes it through the night despite being the only one against it to begin with, lol. Though doing it too often is awful. It's not so much that I can't do it but that I end up feeling absolutely awful. I don't recommend it.
Fair enough. My hair is... a light-ish brown with red highlights if you see it in the sun. Also a fan of black and chocolate brown hair. Forgot to mention that.

I'm actually a fan of most hair colors for the most part, including unnatural ones. Even blonde I'm fine with, it just really depends on the person who has said hair color and what kind of hair style or general style they have going on. Ie: I think blonde hair is extremely fitting for Lillie in particular and think she wouldn't be as adorable with another hair color. (Not that that's saying much though, she'd still be ridiculously adorable regardless.)
Aw, that's a shame. But thank you! Probably gonna end up changing my clothes and hair again when I come across the next shop, but that's just cause I love doing it.
There's also a cute beach hat for too much money at the beginning of the game that I want.

I learned about the existence of a second apparel shop on the first island that apparently unlocks after you complete the trial or defeat the kahuna, I forget which my friend said. After finishing the second trial on the second island I decided to go check it out before going to bed. Holy hell that stuff was expensive... There were a few pieces I'd want but I didn't have the money to afford even a single one. If I were to go for one item from that apparel shop currently, it'd actually be one of the pairs of sandals they have because the default shoes clash badly with my current outfit and the ones I got from the second island's apparel shop aren't a whole lot better.

Current outfit btw consists of the same hair and color as before, same shirt, I removed the starter hat when I realized you could do that, still wearing the purple thigh high socks (I had replaced them with black/white striped ones but they clashed badly with my shoes), bought purple rim-horned glasses (as well as a black pair but I went for the purple when I switched back to the purple socks), and I replaced my shorts with the black skirt that has white flower print. For awhile though I ended up looking like a hipster, lol. I had the black glasses on and the black/white striped socks with the shoes I'm currently wearing (they're black with like this white sort of scaly/cracked pattern or something) and the starter hat. Looked bad.
I am as well. I've never been a terribly big hat person, in games and irl.  And yes, that's Team Skull for you. It's on the third island, I can't wait till you get to it. xD 

I can't see myself really wearing a hat. Though if there were a cute one that went with whatever outfit I was wearing in the game I wouldn't be averse to getting it. If an outfit like Lillie's was available, including the hat, but in a color that better fit my hair color choice I'd have no issues going for it.  I think I'm getting close to the next island. I finished the second trial on this island a bit before bed so I think my next goal is the kahuna. Though I'm not sure. I could've sworn they said two trials but there's another person I've encountered who seemed like a captain who was not one of the captains I did a trial for. And now that I think of it there was yet another captain I met along with this islands kahuna when I got here too. 
Litten is pretty cute, too. Hell, so is Popplio, but I haven't had a good bird starter in ages, and y'know the bird nerd. Rowlett's last form changes from grass/flying to grass/ghost which is pretty fucking rad. I end up going with whatever Pokemon I like more for my starter, which usually ends up being fire, but it has been others, too.
Let's see... Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic (my first ever Pokemon), Piplup, Snivy, Fennekin (didn't like its last form), and Rowlett were my first choices, but I like the other starters for the most part as well.

Grass/ghost? That'll be an interesting combo. I might get there today too. My starter (I can never remember its second form's name, lol. Dartrix or something like that I think?) is level 31 or 32 currently. Assuming it's like most starters that seems like only 4-5 levels before it'll evolve.

And I consistently avoid fire, lol. Gen 1 is squirtle/bulbasaur fairly evenly, leaning slightly squirtle I think. Gen 2 is almost entirely totodile with like one or two games I tried chikorita instead, gen 3 I've never chosen anything other than treecko. Gen 4 was torterra's first form and I didn't play it enough to go for others. I forget for black/white but it was also water or grass. I want to say that one was water. I haven't played b/w2 nor x/y though. I skipped on b/w2 because I wasn't particularly impressed by the first ones and I ended up just totally missing x/y somehow, lol.
And here we have a wild Alice liveblogging her Pokemon adventure.

Couldn't help it, lol. I need to take at least a short break every once in awhile while playing and none of the forums I frequent were particularly active at the time so I posted here instead of reading threads on those other forums.
I agree. The SOS battles are a neat idea, but make it FUCKING ANNOYING when trying to catch a Pokemon. I ended up giving up catching Beldum because of it.

There needs to be some sort of limit on it. The more they call for help successfully the more likely it should be to fail. On top of this I think calling for help should take its turn rather than being something it can do in addition to taking its turn. That or making it so it can only call for help every other turn at most. I wouldn't mind it nearly so much if it weren't for the fact that I very consistently run into enemies calling for help specifically when I'm trying to capture them.

Yup, I should take it into account. Though considering my grass starter just carried me through a fire area including a fire-based boss that it almost single-handedly defeated by itself I don't think it'll be too huge an issue. (Electric in particular isn't an enormous issue with my starter. I taught him hidden power since it's rock type for him so I have razor leaf, another 80 power grass attack whose name I forget, rock type hidden power, and pluck.) I was just surprised to find out that such a huge part of my party were flying, lol. It was totally on accident.
GlitchedGhost wrote:Oh, by the way, Alice, since you're playing Pokemon SM, and to anyone else playing it, you can get Magearna with this QR code after you complete the game. It apparently only works for the Americas.
https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status ... 9526092801

Neat, I'll have to remember this when I get that far.
Speedless wrote:Wouldn't a Yawn user like Slowpoke be able to help with that? Bring the good Samaritan down to low HP (if you can't just take it out in one hit), Yawn at the one you're trying to catch, then knock out the good Samaritan next turn, and your target falls asleep at the end of the turn. I don't know whether it gets a chance to call for help before Yawn kicks in, but even if it does, it's just one chance until it wakes up again.

Yawn probably would've worked. My slowpoke did in fact know it. I didn't think of it at the time though.

Paralysis seems totally useless now. There's a lady with a glaceon you fight early on island 2. I paralyzed it and it never once failed to move despite paralyze being a 33% chance to be unable to move in the past and on top of this it kept dodging my attacks. It was paralyzed for a solid 13-15 attacks after I paralyzed it too. (Was actually probably the toughest fight I've had yet, other than the battle royal I did after the forced one. But that's because when it said "up to level 50" I was thinking it would do something logical like scale your opponents to your party's average level not make the "up to" part totally meaningless by just making all enemy pokemon level 50. Also one trainer had a nidoking and was an asshole with it. That nidoking targeted nobody but me the entire fight...)

With how many types there are and, especially, how many dual type pokemon there are it's actually really easy to accidentally leave a hole in your team without ever even realizing it. With my team it was because I wasn't paying attention to the fact they were flying type but instead their second type. Drifloon I kept because it's ghost type and then my fire/flying type I kept because it's a fire type which isn't something I'd obtained yet. The normal/flying I'd kept more out of habit than anything. I'm used to always keeping a flying type in my party to fly when I get it plus I'm not used to having a flying type starter.
GlitchedGhost wrote:I'm seriously going to start dumping water on my roommate if he can't pull himself out of bed.

Sounds kinda like my sister, lol. Though even at her worst she was nowhere near that bad. I've never been all that difficult to wake up myself. On top of my insomnia I'm a fairly light sleeper to begin with so I'm easily woken up and while I might lie there for awhile not wanting to get up it's incredibly unlikely I'd actually manage to fall back to sleep no matter how much I might want to.

And to wake him up you should pull that prank that's supposed to make people pee themselves in their sleep. Dipping their hand in warm water I think it was.
I try to pick out ones I like while still having a reasonably balanced team. I kind of failed with that this time, so I ended up putting a Golisopod on my team recently. Still want to get Kommo-o on my team.

I try to pick a balanced team but there's often one thing that I miss even when trying. I also make an effort to make sure that my dual types know at least one move of each type and, when reasonable, moves of other types as well so I can have as many bases covered offense-wise as I can.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 5th, 2016, 11:49 pm

ParmaJon wrote:Water could work, or what I did to wake a friend up once was go into their room while they were sleeping, grab their arms, drag them out of bed and onto the floor, then I picked up their mattress and dropped it on them and promptly leaving.

I'd consider doing something like that.
If he didn't sleep on the top bunk.

Alice wrote:Welp, this was a REALLY freaking long post, lol. Took me like 40 minutes to write...

rip

Even with the way I handle my sleep schedule now, I'm so used to dealing with not being able to sleep that I find it incredibly easy to stay up late. It's the reason why when I hang out with my friends and they decide to stay up all night I'm consistently the only one who actually makes it through the night despite being the only one against it to begin with, lol. Though doing it too often is awful. It's not so much that I can't do it but that I end up feeling absolutely awful. I don't recommend it.

I get to a certain point staying up where I'm tired, and then I should go to bed before I start feeling like absolute shit. It's been like this ever since I've been sick.
And no, I wouldn't recommend that either.

I'm actually a fan of most hair colors for the most part, including unnatural ones. Even blonde I'm fine with, it just really depends on the person who has said hair color and what kind of hair style or general style they have going on. Ie: I think blonde hair is extremely fitting for Lillie in particular and think she wouldn't be as adorable with another hair color. (Not that that's saying much though, she'd still be ridiculously adorable regardless.)

Agreed. It definitely depends on the person and hair style.

I learned about the existence of a second apparel shop on the first island that apparently unlocks after you complete the trial or defeat the kahuna, I forget which my friend said. After finishing the second trial on the second island I decided to go check it out before going to bed. Holy hell that stuff was expensive... There were a few pieces I'd want but I didn't have the money to afford even a single one. If I were to go for one item from that apparel shop currently, it'd actually be one of the pairs of sandals they have because the default shoes clash badly with my current outfit and the ones I got from the second island's apparel shop aren't a whole lot better.

Yeah, that one doesn't open up until after. That's where I saw the beach hat. I was kind of annoyed that they introduced such an expensive apparel shop right at the beginning.
There's at least one shop per island, so you're gonna have lots of fun.

Current outfit btw consists of the same hair and color as before, same shirt, I removed the starter hat when I realized you could do that, still wearing the purple thigh high socks (I had replaced them with black/white striped ones but they clashed badly with my shoes), bought purple rim-horned glasses (as well as a black pair but I went for the purple when I switched back to the purple socks), and I replaced my shorts with the black skirt that has white flower print. For awhile though I ended up looking like a hipster, lol. I had the black glasses on and the black/white striped socks with the shoes I'm currently wearing (they're black with like this white sort of scaly/cracked pattern or something) and the starter hat. Looked bad.

The starter hat looks ridiculous. You sound adorable though, love your outfit.
I hope to come across a recolour of the starter bag and shoes. I really like both, and I swore I saw someone in Festival Plaza with the same starter bag, just green. It looked like a watermelon, it was awesome.

I can't see myself really wearing a hat. Though if there were a cute one that went with whatever outfit I was wearing in the game I wouldn't be averse to getting it. If an outfit like Lillie's was available, including the hat, but in a color that better fit my hair color choice I'd have no issues going for it.  I think I'm getting close to the next island. I finished the second trial on this island a bit before bed so I think my next goal is the kahuna. Though I'm not sure. I could've sworn they said two trials but there's another person I've encountered who seemed like a captain who was not one of the captains I did a trial for. And now that I think of it there was yet another captain I met along with this islands kahuna when I got here too. 

Yeah, there's three captains on the second island.

Grass/ghost? That'll be an interesting combo. I might get there today too. My starter (I can never remember its second form's name, lol. Dartrix or something like that I think?) is level 31 or 32 currently. Assuming it's like most starters that seems like only 4-5 levels before it'll evolve.

Yeah, it's gonna evolve soon. I think it'd 32, if I'm not mistaken.

Couldn't help it, lol. I need to take at least a short break every once in awhile while playing and none of the forums I frequent were particularly active at the time so I posted here instead of reading threads on those other forums.

Fair enough. I found it funny.

There needs to be some sort of limit on it. The more they call for help successfully the more likely it should be to fail. On top of this I think calling for help should take its turn rather than being something it can do in addition to taking its turn. That or making it so it can only call for help every other turn at most. I wouldn't mind it nearly so much if it weren't for the fact that I very consistently run into enemies calling for help specifically when I'm trying to capture them.

Agreed.

Yup, I should take it into account. Though considering my grass starter just carried me through a fire area including a fire-based boss that it almost single-handedly defeated by itself I don't think it'll be too huge an issue. (Electric in particular isn't an enormous issue with my starter. I taught him hidden power since it's rock type for him so I have razor leaf, another 80 power grass attack whose name I forget, rock type hidden power, and pluck.) I was just surprised to find out that such a huge part of my party were flying, lol. It was totally on accident.

Ha! Your Dartrix is something. Still something to be careful about.

Sounds kinda like my sister, lol. Though even at her worst she was nowhere near that bad. I've never been all that difficult to wake up myself. On top of my insomnia I'm a fairly light sleeper to begin with so I'm easily woken up and while I might lie there for awhile not wanting to get up it's incredibly unlikely I'd actually manage to fall back to sleep no matter how much I might want to.

And to wake him up you should pull that prank that's supposed to make people pee themselves in their sleep. Dipping their hand in warm water I think it was.

I don't get why he's so bad. I've never come across anyone so bad for waking up in my entire life. He also sleeps through alarms like no one's business. It has to be under his pillow and loud. I don't get how he got up when he used to work.
I'm pretty easy to get up, but it varies on how tired I am. I usually wake up to the door to the bedroom opening, and if not, usually calling my name or gently shaking me will get me up.
That doesn't always work, I've heard.

I try to pick a balanced team but there's often one thing that I miss even when trying. I also make an effort to make sure that my dual types know at least one move of each type and, when reasonable, moves of other types as well so I can have as many bases covered offense-wise as I can.

Normally I'm actually pretty balanced, but for me to have such a hole in mine was weird, for once. But then again, I'm going Alolan-only Pokemon this run (Alolan forms count), and there's only so many new ones I liked, which made it kind of hard.
ImageImageImage

Return to “General Perversion”