General off-topic stuffs goes here.
Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Re: Yes, It's a Thread About Nothing

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 12th, 2016, 3:06 am

belated thank you y'all

dunt matter but im 22 now

feel like I'm older than i am apparently
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 12th, 2016, 5:47 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:What the fuck happened? We were down for a while.

Either maintenance or our server itself went down. As far as I know they still never quite hunted down the source of that memory leak. And I'm not seeing any maintenance announcements that should affect us either.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 12th, 2016, 4:04 pm

Kindred Spirits on the Roof is actually a really decent visual novel. Quite well written and other than a few quirks (the most major of which being it's only 800x600 resolution with no other options...) I can't really say there was anything I actually disliked about it. Had a pretty nice story and some really nicely written and pleasant characters.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 13th, 2016, 6:35 pm

Hey guys, I'm pissed. I don't wanna get older. People are gonna look at me, see that I'm 29, see that I've never been able to work, and think "There must be something wrong with her". Can't I just...you know...stop aging?

Ugh, just...just gonna play video games and have sex. As always :tundecided: . Being a slutty girl gamer seems to be all I'm good for :tsad: .
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 13th, 2016, 6:53 pm

I don't play Rust because it's a multiplayer only game but I actually think Garry has a good point with this. Up until recently everyone was always a male character (and your skin color was tied to your Steam ID as well). The last game update added a female character model while not changing the Steam ID bit so you can be a black or caucasian male or female but you have no choice in the matter yourself. Personally I strongly prefer the choice to customize my character. But at the same time this is kinda interesting too since it's not the same as you get with other games that don't have customization. You're not forced into one single character but simply a randomly generated one. And as Garry pointed out there the fact that most players are white males but only ~25% of characters will be white males will result in a lot of people being forced into the same sorts of situations with their characters as most female, mtf transgender, and ethnic minority gamers tend to have no choice but to deal with from most games.
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Hey guys, I'm pissed. I don't wanna get older. People are gonna look at me, see that I'm 29, see that I've never been able to work, and think "There must be something wrong with her". Can't I just...you know...stop aging?

Ugh, just...just gonna play video games and have sex. As always :tundecided: .

Really my opinion is just to stop caring. Not everyone can follow the exact expectations of society. Just do what you can.
💙💙💙

Aposke
Location: Take my post count and subtract 400. That's how many good posts I've made

Postby Aposke » April 13th, 2016, 8:17 pm

Alice wrote:And as Garry pointed out there the fact that most players are white males but only ~25% of characters will be white males will result in a lot of people being forced into the same sorts of situations with their characters as most female, mtf transgender, and ethnic minority gamers tend to have no choice but to deal with from most games.

You're saying this as if "having" to play as a person they can't physically identify with is a major issue with most gamers.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 13th, 2016, 8:31 pm

Aposke wrote:You're saying this as if "having" to play as a person they can't physically identify with is a major issue with most gamers.

Considering the weird amount of people whining about it, it seems like it's actually a big deal to quite a lot of people. Though maybe that has at least something to do with just how many players Rust has. Something like half a million players every week.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 13th, 2016, 8:43 pm

Guys, why are churches still tax-exempt? They do literally nothing for us, except make lives worse, as far as I can tell! They need to stop being treated like charities, because they sure as hell aren't!

Goddess I'm pissed! Christianity can go fuck itself!
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random Image. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 13th, 2016, 8:45 pm

Alice wrote:
Aposke wrote:You're saying this as if "having" to play as a person they can't physically identify with is a major issue with most gamers.

Considering the weird amount of people whining about it, it seems like it's actually a big deal to quite a lot of people. Though maybe that has at least something to do with just how many players Rust has. Something like half a million players every week.

Good. Maybe they can see how it is for us.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 13th, 2016, 9:05 pm

Also, I'm depressed, because it's starting to look more and more like the free-love future, where we accept and love ourselves for the gods and goddesses we are, is not gonna happen :tsad:.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 13th, 2016, 9:34 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Also, I'm depressed, because it's starting to look more and more like the free-love future, where we accept and love ourselves for the gods and goddesses we are, is not gonna happen :tsad:.

Most utopian ideas of society are unfortunately very unlikely to happen because the vast majority of people are trash. I dunno why simple concepts such as self control and common sense (biggest misnomer there is really...) are so difficult for people to grasp. I mean we're supposed to be the most intelligent species on the entire planet yet some of us seem to be dumber than 99% of all known animals.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 13th, 2016, 10:09 pm

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Also, I'm depressed, because it's starting to look more and more like the free-love future, where we accept and love ourselves for the gods and goddesses we are, is not gonna happen :tsad:.

Most utopian ideas of society are unfortunately very unlikely to happen because the vast majority of people are trash. I dunno why simple concepts such as self control and common sense (biggest misnomer there is really...) are so difficult for people to grasp. I mean we're supposed to be the most intelligent species on the entire planet yet some of us seem to be dumber than 99% of all known animals.

Yeah :tsad: ...at least you agree it's utopian :tstick: Image. Many people wouldn't :tundecided: .

EDIT: For instance, Ted Cruz, who apparently believes the government should be allowed to criminalize masturbation: http://americablog.com/2016/04/tx-solicitor-general-ted-cruz-argued-right-masturbate.html. Except he doesn't actually follow that, as his old roommate said. Hey, Ted Cruz, your religion is shit, but it has some verses against being a hypocrite: Judge not, lest you be judged? Sound familiar?

Calling it now: every Republican is a hypocrite on sexual issues. If you can find one who "Judge not, lest you be judged" can't be applied to in its context, I'll eat my shoes. And I'd hate losing even one pair of my heels.

EDIT 2: Also, in a more benign example, people who aren't sexually repressed and repressive but just don't think something as fundamental and physically, emotionally, and spiritually important to our species as sex should really be as commonplace as breathing. I'll admit...I've kinda...misunderstood more than a few such people in my life :tsad: .
Last edited by EarthPhantomTS on April 19th, 2016, 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » April 13th, 2016, 10:23 pm

everything good for humanity won't happen, because most are greedy fucks
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 13th, 2016, 10:26 pm

Jolpengammler wrote:everything good for humanity won't happen, because most are greedy fucks

Maybe I'll take over the world and turn it into my free-love paradise Image

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 13th, 2016, 11:32 pm

Sigh...I need someone to talk to. Talk to about sex, and my depression, and such. Anyone here want to and able to do that?

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 14th, 2016, 12:46 am

Also, just got scolded by an old friend of mine who doesn't like the "new" me (we've been friends since at least 2011 because she's wondering if something that happened back then was the cause (bad drug reaction, in a nutshell). I told her that, if anything, something else that happened that year was (my mom's death; it was a bad year for me)). Don't want us to be enemies or something, but she's tolerating a lot from me now, and well...but this is kinda how I am now, no compromises Image...hoo...

EDIT: And now I just realized that I told her I have mommy issues! Which is funny, cause Shiho is the same way (though her's are different).

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario
Location: IDK I think it was like a pocket dimension or somethin

Postby Lead Luigi » April 15th, 2016, 12:36 am

#tripleposthype
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 15th, 2016, 9:31 am

Man, this year hasn't been good for the big yuri scanlation groups so far. The head of the group I'm a member of has disappeared (she's been gone since like November or October at least, far longer than she's been gone before) leaving the group nearly dead for several months then spinning its wheels when someone stepped up to try and keep it alive. Now another of the big groups (the one I'm currently working with coincidentally) might be shutting its doors at the end of the year because the person who started it is retiring due to health issues and the other main people are moving on to other things or simply lost interest. That leaves like only one single large group actually active right now. Which is weird because this year has been one of the most active so far as far as releases go due to the volume of small/solo groups doing releases.
💙💙💙

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » April 16th, 2016, 12:12 am

Hey guys I don't know if you follow Horikawa or not. But she is going through a rough time at the moment. Please give her some emotional support. She did outreach to our forum for MaGLX and i'm convinced she is a good person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BID2hfoBvOs

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 16th, 2016, 12:22 am

Zummorr wrote:Hey guys I don't know if you follow Horikawa or not. But she is going through a rough time at the moment. Please give her some emotional support. She did outreach to our forum for MaGLX and i'm convinced she is a good person.

Yeah, I saw, Zummorr. I posted well-wishes (as well as a promise to pray to Ishtar to make her landlord's lives a living hell from now on. Only semi-sarcastically, mind you) on her Twitter.

As if I needed another reason to take over the world, I now have to make it illegal to do that. And make it apply retroactively, just so that I can throw those assholes in jail!

(Yes, yes, insert your "Earth: Your Friendly Neighborhood Hitwoman" jokes here...hee hee, "insert" :theart: !)

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 16th, 2016, 12:43 am

Zummorr wrote:Hey guys I don't know if you follow Horikawa or not. But she is going through a rough time at the moment. Please give her some emotional support. She did outreach to our forum for MaGLX and i'm convinced she is a good person.

In 2010 I failed my 'injustice report' (hippie Methodist teacher) because "atheists aren't discriminated againt". I spent a lot of the report talking about Asia McGowan
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » April 16th, 2016, 1:01 am

I don't want to speculate on Horikawa's situation or jump on the atheist prejudice bandwagon. There will be bigots and folks who are insensitive to others always. and at the same time legally atheism is not as well protected.

She seems to be in a rough spot, and I believe in looking upwards on things. She is a member of our community being wronged, the least one can do is offer sympathy and advice.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 16th, 2016, 1:14 am

Well, it looks like people are doing that, Zummorr, with only a few outliers posting inflammatory remarks *coughcough*. Though it speaks to the need to start protecting minority religious viewpoints (including, but not limited to, atheism. As well as everything from the objectively-terrible-but-still-deserving-of-this Judaism and Islam (controversial I know, but you already all know my stance on Abrahamic religion), to Wicca and whatever you'd call my weird pastiche of a religion).

Glitch
Location: staring at you for judging me melting into the ground

Postby Glitch » April 16th, 2016, 1:44 am

I personally don't care for Horikawa much, but it's bullshit to get thrown out of where you live for something as stupid as a different belief. No one deserves it, and I wish her all the best that she gets out of that situation with as little bullshit as possible.
ImageImageImage
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

TheFinalSentinel

Postby TheFinalSentinel » April 16th, 2016, 5:06 am

Same here. I'm not her biggest fan by any means, but she really doesn't deserve this in the slightest.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 16th, 2016, 6:41 am

I'm expecting a card in the mail in the next couple of days. Was thinking of getting a cheap game or something but if gfm accepts small donations (I'm precommitted to some things and don't have a lot of funds I can use online) I'll probably drop it her way

That said, I really want her to talk to an advocate. Religious discrimination is clear discrimination; this is almost aclu worthy. Fees that aren't paid by the defendant are usually paid by the state anyways; legal fees come afterward, yeah. But it might be worth it.

<tovakj> yes

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 16th, 2016, 11:22 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:I personally don't care for Horikawa much, but it's bullshit to get thrown out of where you live for something as stupid as a different belief. No one deserves it, and I wish her all the best that she gets out of that situation with as little bullshit as possible.

This is basically my exact thought on the matter too.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » April 16th, 2016, 7:41 pm

I have discovered the joy of lactose-free cottage cheese
ImageImageImage

Glitch

Postby Glitch » April 17th, 2016, 3:01 am

I fucking hate people

I was out walking, and got annoyed at this car that passed me cause was stupidly loud and sounded like it needed a new muffler, plus the jackasses were revving the engine, making it even noisier
Fast forward a couple blocks where I turn left, and had seen that the same fucking car went straight
Didn't think much of it until a block-ish later the same vehicle on the opposite side of the street drives ahead of me about a half a block and pulls over, waits as a car passes and I get closer, then pulls out and stops in the middle of the street, and revs their engine loudly a couple times, then a few more times, and I decided I had enough and they were acting weird so I turned down a different block away from them
Lucky they didn't appear again but I kept checking over my shoulder and heard their engine a couple more times on the way home
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 17th, 2016, 1:47 pm

Oh man I love buying a game legitimately and having it fail to even start because the drm in it is literal garbage while pirates have absolutely no issues at all with it. Really makes me want to go out and buy more games rather than pirate them.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » April 18th, 2016, 6:03 am

TheFinalSentinel wrote:What game?

Kara no Shoujo 2
I only know cause she pmed me something about the game lmao
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 18th, 2016, 1:52 pm

TheFinalSentinel wrote:What game?

Yeah, like GlitchedGhost said it's Kara no Shoujo 2. It requires this Software Denchi crap to run and if I try to install that it fails. It just opens a .bat file in Notepad++.

The MangaGamer support staff did reply to me while I was asleep though. This was the part of their response related to me pointing out I wouldn't have had any issues at all if I'd just pirated the game:
As we announced, we have been working with our partners to remove the DRM requirement on as many titles as possible. However, Kara no Shoujo 2 is one of the few titles we haven't confirmed yet. We'll keep your feedback as further reason to pursue DRM-free titles with our partners.

Kinda weird that KnS2 is still not drm free when the first one is drm free now when it used to have the same drm garbage.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 19th, 2016, 3:19 pm

Finally got Kara no Shoujo 2 working. Not sure why but I seem to be missing the ability to actually execute batch files in Windows outside of the command prompt. After MangaGamer's support staff asked me for some more information I tried running it again because they wanted to know what other files were in the folder with the batch file. This gave me the idea of trying it in command prompt since I was locating the file through Notepad++'s "open file location in explorer" command when it also has a command prompt version as well. Executing the batch file that way worked fine. Though after the fact I realized I didn't even need to run the batch file at all since it was just a lazy check for whether the user's computer was 64-bit or not. If the syswow64 folder existed in the Windows folder then it would execute the 64-bit version of the installer, otherwise it would execute the 32-bit version.

Explained to their support that I got it working but then I pointed out I knew someone who pirated it and had absolutely no issues with it so clearly the drm doesn't even prevent piracy in the first place so it's completely useless.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » April 19th, 2016, 6:55 pm

At least you got it working?
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 19th, 2016, 7:12 pm

GlitchedGhost wrote:At least you got it working?

Yeah, it's good that I did. But if I'd realized it wasn't drm free like I'd thought I would have waited on buying it in the first place.Bullshit like this is exactly why I avoid drm like the plague. If it affects legitimate users negative and does little to nothing to prevent piracy then it isn't even remotely a valid solution.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 19th, 2016, 8:09 pm

Alice wrote:
GlitchedGhost wrote:At least you got it working?

Yeah, it's good that I did. But if I'd realized it wasn't drm free like I'd thought I would have waited on buying it in the first place.Bullshit like this is exactly why I avoid drm like the plague. If it affects legitimate users negative and does little to nothing to prevent piracy then it isn't even remotely a valid solution.

Drm in general is stupid. Is it really that hard to program a game to be able to detect when it's pirated and *fuck with the player*, while having it not occur with innocent users? Some games actually do that! Like the games listed here: Cracked article #1! Or here: Cracked article #2! No, instead developers have to go the lazy way that isn't even all that effective. All because Digital Piracy is apparently The One Definition of Evil to giant media moguls who frankly not only can afford to lose a few bucks but actively deserve to most of the time!

I mean, hell, even Hyperdimension Neptunia has Arfoire, who's totally NOT the Goddess of the real-world R4 (or "Revolution for DS" cart), which is of course equated with piracy! It's a fun story, but the anviliciousness of the game almost makes me want to pirate it myself out of spite (normally I'd refuse to do so for any company as niche as Atlus or even more so as a matter of principle, which would include Idea Factory and Compile Heart, the makers of said franchise). Almost, mind you.

(Though, since she clearly invokes Evil is Sexy and thus is the sexiest of the five goddesses Image(in a series already known for fanservice. Of multiple kinds, mind you), I'm right back to telling Idea Factory and Compile Heart "Shut up and take my money Image!" Also, it helps that Arfoire is probably closer to a more...unconventional method of discouraging piracy, by basing the story around it, so objectively speaking, she'd probably be closer to what Earthbound and Spyro 3 pulled off and I for one approve of. Though of course, if they get too creative, there's always the risk of legitimate buyers who hear about it then wanting to get a pirated copy as well just to see it (like, for instance, some people are saying they want to pirate that Serious Sam game in the linked articles just to see how long they can last against my step-daughter that scorpion-man. And even the guys at Cracked want to play with Crysis's chicken guns!). But that's harmless, since they already bought the game legitimately anyway!)

(And yes, any jokes about "Only Earth could bring sex into a discussion on anti-piracy measures" are warranted here)

EDIT: It wasn't Spyro 2 that pulled it off, girl, it was Spyro 3! Get your facts straight, bitch!
Last edited by EarthPhantomTS on April 21st, 2016, 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » April 19th, 2016, 8:25 pm

What topic could EarthPhantom not get sex into? :kappa:
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 19th, 2016, 8:28 pm

Jolpengammler wrote:What topic could EarthPhantom not get sex into? :kappa:

None. I can insert sex into anything. Including that last sentence Image :pwink: .

chridd

Postby chridd » April 19th, 2016, 8:40 pm

Guess at what happened: the program tried to run the batch file using a function that's equivalent to double clicking on its icon, and either you or Notepad++ changed the default action for batch files to edit in Notepad++.

(If this is the case, there might be a choice to run a batch file if you right-click its icon.)

Return to “General Perversion”