Fun facts about you

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
Ashan

Fun facts about you

Postby Ashan » November 21st, 2015, 3:30 pm

Here is where you come to say facts about yourself that people on this forum probably don't know!

I'll start:
I've gotten stitches on 3 separate occasions:
  1. On 2 fingers when I was a toddler. I was falling off the couch so I grabbed for the blinds to catch myself and cut my fingers open.
  2. Above my left eyebrow when I was in preschool from falling while running up concrete stairs up to someone's front door. I hit my head on one of the steps.
  3. A big one on my left knee when I was in third grade. I was playing soccer outside at my aunt and uncle's place and I tripped and fell, and there was a sprinkler pipe just sitting in the grass, and my knee hit it and it cut it open.
► Show Spoiler

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Re: Fun facts about you

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » November 21st, 2015, 5:30 pm

Fin facto:

There are no funfacts about tovas, ornly sad ones or annoying-obnoxiouso wons
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » November 21st, 2015, 7:13 pm

Well, umm...when Tiamat and I first met, the first thing she did after I declared my love for her was use her Octagon Laser on me. That was scary :tsad2: ! Eventually though, she warmed up to me, obviously!

Also, I saw my mom's death. I mention this only because, in some fantasy worlds, seeing the death of someone close to you automatically makes you eligible for dark powers. And it's probably the reason I'm so depressed now. And I may have gotten dark powers from it *flicks her snake tail* :tstick2: .

Also also, on a brighter note, I have a humongous shoe fetish. I could seriously stare at a girl in high heels for hours, and I think all girls should wear high heels :theart: :theart: :theart: ! That's the only thing I don't like about being married to/being a lamia: no feet means no shoes. Oh well, at least my waifu has huge boobs :theart: :theart: :theart: ! And I think my boobs get bigger when I'm a lamia :tstick2:
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 21st, 2015, 7:56 pm

I've only broken one bone in my entire life and it wasn't even my own. It was my dad's nose and I was three.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 22nd, 2015, 12:20 am

I've never broken any bones nor had any stitches.
I took a chunk out of my knee when I was running up the stairs in high school. It turned into an indented scar that's slowly started to fill out again over the years.
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

metasomnia

Postby metasomnia » November 22nd, 2015, 12:37 am

I've never been in an actual fight in my life. Roaming about at night and through really bad neighborhoods make me paranoid.
Have a literal signature:

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » November 22nd, 2015, 7:28 am

I've been suspended in middle school for getting into fights. And even for punching out a lunch lady. Yeah. Not my best time.

Also, I've recently gotten into this thing called The Protectors of the Plot Continuum (seen here: http://ppc.wikia.com/wiki/PPC_Wiki), which is basically about writing parodic stories to kill Mary Sues in fanfiction (they have a policy of not insulting the authors, or killing Canon Sues, so no Edward Cullen murdering. Though maybe Christian Grey could be murdered by an agent, since Fifty Shades of Grey was originally a Twilight fanfic, heh heh :twink: . And maybe the Sunflower Official would bring anyone who tried that "legal theory" in for a tribunal :undecided: ). If you look, you'll probably not be surprised by who my favorite character in that world is (Spoilers: It's this chick :twink: :theart: !)
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Rumia

Postby Rumia » November 25th, 2015, 6:53 pm

Couple things:
  • I'm half-Japanese; my mother immigrated here (Canada) from Japan around two and a half decades ago. I have a basic understanding of the language because of this, but I never really studied it extensively.
  • I was a game moderator for an MMO at one point, under a pair of indie developers who's works date back to the late 90's. The experience was interesting and insightful, but I'm not sure if I'll ever go back because it was pretty draining, not helped by the fact that the game was largely populated by pre-teens and adolescent people. The game is called Growtopia if you're curious.

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » November 25th, 2015, 7:00 pm

When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs every morning to help me get large. Well I physically own over 300 games on the real side.
A man of many voices

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » November 26th, 2015, 7:08 pm

Some things I never mentioned in that TMI series I did:
  • My room is on the second floor
  • I don't have Cholera
  • I get cold easily
  • I have a ruler/calculator combo
  • I watch One Piece weekly, but am too lazy to read the manga
  • I'm a furry
  • Occasionally I make videos on youtube
  • My favorite weather is kinda chilly, windy, with lots of big scattered clouds
  • I don't have a least favorite variety of shoe, they're all bad
  • I just found this after googling velma
  • I can't think of anything else
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

Aposke
Location: Take my post count and subtract 400. That's how many good posts I've made

Postby Aposke » November 26th, 2015, 7:30 pm

Isocitration wrote:[*]I'm a furry[/list]

Burn the witch!!!

Actually OT: I have four nipples

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » November 26th, 2015, 8:32 pm

tova fact: going clothes shopping/forcing me to try on clothes sends me into a spiral of defeat and is a good way to make me too self-hateful to not be bitter on thanksgijfing
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 26th, 2015, 11:10 pm

Isocitration wrote:

But reading's the best!
Aposke wrote:Actually OT: I have four nipples

You might want to consider giving the extras back to whoever you took them from. Having no nipples looks a bit more weird than having four, lol.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » November 26th, 2015, 11:16 pm

Isocitration wrote:Some things I never mentioned in that TMI series I did:
  • My room is on the second floor
  • I don't have Cholera
  • I get cold easily
  • I have a ruler/calculator combo
  • I'm a furry
  • Occasionally I make videos on youtube
  • My favorite weather is kinda chilly, windy, with lots of big scattered clouds
  • I don't have a least favorite variety of shoe, they're all bad
  • I just found this after googling velma
  • I can't think of anything else

Oh, something I meant to ask you when you were doing that series, but forgot: what's your favorite field and music in La-Mulana, and why?

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » November 27th, 2015, 12:00 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Oh, something I meant to ask you when you were doing that series, but forgot: what's your favorite field and music in La-Mulana, and why?

It's been a long time now since I played that! But for field probably the Twin Labyrinths, just because of how expansive it is and how you can only access small sections of it from different areas in the early game. Gives it a really mysterious feel! (though is it cheating to pick that since it's technically two fields stuck together?)

For music, that's really hard! I like all the backside themes a lot, but I think Primitive Dance might be my fav. It's just so groovy.
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » November 27th, 2015, 12:31 am

Isocitration wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Oh, something I meant to ask you when you were doing that series, but forgot: what's your favorite field and music in La-Mulana, and why?

It's been a long time now since I played that! But for field probably the Twin Labyrinths, just because of how expansive it is and how you can only access small sections of it from different areas in the early game. Gives it a really mysterious feel! (though is it cheating to pick that since it's technically two fields stuck together?)

For music, that's really hard! I like all the backside themes a lot, but I think Primitive Dance might be my fav. It's just so groovy.

Ah, cool. And I don't think it's cheating to say Twin Labyrinths; it is a field after all! And the two "sides" are mirror images of each other anyway.

As for me, I think my favorite areas might be the Endless and Dimensional Corridors. Not just for the obvious reason, but because one is self-contained puzzle-tastic (which I enjoy, especially when you solve that one "Walk the destiny of man" tier completely by accident :twink:! Though I kinda agree with you on missing the puzzle that was changed) and the other is mini-boss rush zone (quite unique in this game!). Also the fact that it's the former that's the actual backside :theart: ! Also, totally agree with you on Primitive Dance :theart: !

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » December 3rd, 2015, 11:43 am

Fun Fact: I am a psychopath who threatens to beat the shit out of anyone who laughs about me
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 3rd, 2015, 12:05 pm

Jolpengammler wrote:Fun Fact: I am a psychopath who threatens to beat the shit out of anyone who laughs about me

Why only threaten?
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » December 3rd, 2015, 12:25 pm

Jolpengammler wrote:Fun Fact: I am a psychopath who threatens to beat the shit out of anyone who laughs about me

I thought psychopathia was more 'no empathy' whereas from what I've heard you seem more like 'empathy but issues with emotional control'

Could be wrong

Fun fact about me: I am apparently the only person in para bonobo rationalist tumblr who can argue against racism without stooping to argument from consequences

link if curios http://transdimensionalbasque.tumblr.co ... paceheater

<tovakj> yes

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » December 3rd, 2015, 3:03 pm

isn't no empathy sociopath?

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 3rd, 2015, 3:53 pm

Jolpengammler wrote:isn't no empathy sociopath?

It's a lot more complicated than just a lack of empathy. Sociopathy and psychopathy (as well as anti-social personality disorder) are actually the same thing just under different labels. There's quite a few traits other than a simple lack of empathy that defines a sociopath though.

Triarchic model

The triarchic model, formulated by Christopher J. Patrick et al., suggests that different conceptions of psychopathy emphasize three observable characteristics to varying degrees. Analyses have been made with respect to the applicability of measurement tools such as the Psychopathy Checklist (PCL, PCL-R) and Psychopathic Personality Inventory (PPI) to this model.

• Boldness. Low fear including stress-tolerance, toleration of unfamiliarity and danger, and high self-confidence and social assertiveness. The PCL-R measures this relatively poorly and mainly through Facet 1 of Factor 1. Similar to PPI Fearless dominance. May correspond to differences in the amygdala and other neurological systems associated with fear.
  • Disinhibition. Poor impulse control including problems with planning and foresight, lacking affect and urge control, demand for immediate gratification, and poor behavioral restraints. Similar to PCL-R Factor 2 and PPI Impulsive antisociality. May correspond to impairments in frontal lobe systems that are involved in such control.
  • Meanness. Lacking empathy and close attachments with others, disdain of close attachments, use of cruelty to gain empowerment, exploitative tendencies, defiance of authority, and destructive excitement seeking. The PCL-R in general is related to this but in particular some elements in Factor 1. Similar to PPI Coldheartedness but also includes elements of subscales in Impulsive antisociality. Meanness may possibly be caused by either high boldness or high disinhibition combined with an adverse environment. A child with high boldness may respond poorly to punishment but may respond better to rewards and secure attachments which may not be available under adverse conditions. A child with high disinhibition may have increased problems under adverse conditions with meanness developing in response.

So basically overly high self confidence, social glibness, lack of fear, little to no impulse control as well as little concept of personal consequence, lacking in empathy, lacking in intimacy, no remorse for their actions, quite often underhanded and manipulative, etc.
💙💙💙

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » December 3rd, 2015, 5:53 pm

Heck yeah, learning something! My post wasn't so bad after all!

ParmaJon

Postby ParmaJon » December 21st, 2015, 4:04 am

I've never broken a bone despite getting hit by a car.
I do things at ParmaJon's Pizza Palace and on my own channel. Also sarcasm everywhere.

Aposke
Location: Take my post count and subtract 400. That's how many good posts I've made

Postby Aposke » December 21st, 2015, 9:08 pm

Ouch.

Talking about cars, our camping van got stolen from a repairman's carpark last night. It had just gotten a complete overhaul worth 7000€ and a historic license plate due to being over 30 years old. It's been a family car all the way from my grandfather to me, and now it's gone, just like that. Police has been informed of course, but if you've ever heard of the eastern european car mafia, it's most likely already too late.

Glitch

Postby Glitch » December 22nd, 2015, 3:03 am

Aposke wrote:Ouch.

Talking about cars, our camping van got stolen from a repairman's carpark last night. It had just gotten a complete overhaul worth 7000€ and a historic license plate due to being over 30 years old. It's been a family car all the way from my grandfather to me, and now it's gone, just like that. Police has been informed of course, but if you've ever heard of the eastern european car mafia, it's most likely already too late.

Wow, that's terrible. :c Hoping you get it back, even if it may be too late.
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

ParmaJon

Postby ParmaJon » December 22nd, 2015, 4:22 am

Oh jeez, best of luck to you
I do things at ParmaJon's Pizza Palace and on my own channel. Also sarcasm everywhere.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » December 22nd, 2015, 4:42 am

i thought about making some kinda zombie car image sayin привет or a serbian film reference but cars but i started to think it might have been in bad taste

<tovakj> yes

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » February 21st, 2016, 9:44 pm

i crossed a window once because it was too clean and it was dark
thus blood
i draw
SHITPOSTING INC DOES NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE LOSS OF OF SANITY TAKEN BY OUR ASSOCIATES
spooky scare skeleton wrote:so the underlying metaphor here is, Aposke, you're a huge dick

me wrote:SUDDENLY KILLER HEADACHE

aposke wrote:maybe you deserve that you fucking bitch

PleinairSan wrote:If a streamer auto-purges links I don't follow him, and I openly insult him
If I wanted to suffer an autistic power fantasy I'd join a freeform roleplay

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » March 12th, 2016, 10:07 am

ImageI can identify most insects down to their order and some to their family.

Yup I own a bug net.

metasomnia

Postby metasomnia » July 26th, 2016, 9:18 pm

metasomnia wrote:I've never been in an actual fight in my life. Roaming about at night and through really bad neighborhoods make me paranoid.

Hah, it wasn't a fight per se, but now I can say I was in a hostile confrontation of sorts. I got robbed about three months ago at gun point.

/bragging about horrible situations
Have a literal signature:

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » July 26th, 2016, 9:45 pm

I've been to several concerts in my lifetime. Best concert I've been to was Iron Maiden.
A man of many voices

Willhart

Postby Willhart » June 29th, 2017, 8:21 am

I always walk stairs two steps at the time.

Return to “General Perversion”