Video games! What have you been playing?

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Re: Video games! What have you been playing?

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 6th, 2017, 5:43 pm

Alice wrote:Next up is Re;Birth 3. Overall I'd say that Re;Birth 2 was an improvement on Re;Birth (most notably with the grindiness which only started being a concern at all in the endgame but which was massively reduced through the destroy symbols+destroy symbols gains plans) but it also had its issues with characters like Red and CFW Trick or the cliched fan service scenes which hopefully won't be so annoying in the next game.

I don't know how they compare, but be warned: Compile Heart loves their fanservice. So I don't expect Re;birth 3 to be much different on that front.

Of course, I love it too, but then, I'm me :pwink: .

Anyway, hope you enjoy seeing Madame Goddess in her natural habitat, the Ultradimension Image! And hope you don't start looking at me like I have (I originally said "with" here instead of "like I have"; man, I'm as tired as my favorite Nep, apparently! Oh, "Nep" is short for "Neptunia girl" here, if you're confused; you should already know who I'm referring to with that cleared up) three eyes when you find out she's a rapist :tundecided: . So yes, by some standards, she is as disturbing as Trick. But that doesn't change the fact that I love her Image!

Also, what'd you think of CFW Magic? I ask not only cause she's one of my favorite characters, but I get the feeling you'll react to Iris Heart the same way.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 7th, 2017, 6:37 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:I don't know how they compare, but be warned: Compile Heart loves their fanservice. So I don't expect Re;birth 3 to be much different on that front.

Honestly I'm already of the mindset that I'll probably enjoy it less so it's probably not going to be an enormous issue at least. The third game stars Neptune as the protagonist again rather than Nepgear. I don't dislike her but I felt like Nepgear and the other CPU candidates made for a much more fitting main team than Neptune and the other CPUs. So that alone makes it likely that I won't like it quite as much.
Also, what'd you think of CFW Magic? I ask not only cause she's one of my favorite characters, but I get the feeling you'll react to Iris Heart the same way.

Visually I liked her design well enough even if it was a bit too revealing for my tastes. Her personality was as terrible as you'd expect for someone who was basically the main villain though, lol. That said though, the only one of the Four Felons I outright disliked was CFW Trick. Judge just wanted to destroy things which is in line with the Goddess of Sin's goals anyways so that's not really unexpected and CFW Magic was rather single-minded about seeing her goddess revived. Brave was a pretty interesting character though. Oddly enough his visual design was the one I was least interested in though because I'm not a fan of Gundams and other such mecha crap at all when his appearance was very clearly based on either Gundam or whatever the ___zords are called for the Japanese version of the Power Rangers.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 7th, 2017, 6:34 pm

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:I don't know how they compare, but be warned: Compile Heart loves their fanservice. So I don't expect Re;birth 3 to be much different on that front.

Honestly I'm already of the mindset that I'll probably enjoy it less so it's probably not going to be an enormous issue at least. The third game stars Neptune as the protagonist again rather than Nepgear. I don't dislike her but I felt like Nepgear and the other CPU candidates made for a much more fitting main team than Neptune and the other CPUs. So that alone makes it likely that I won't like it quite as much.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Nepgear has a pretty sizable role in Victory/Re;birth 3, so there's that at least.

Visually I liked her design well enough even if it was a bit too revealing for my tastes. Her personality was as terrible as you'd expect for someone who was basically the main villain though, lol. That said though, the only one of the Four Felons I outright disliked was CFW Trick. Judge just wanted to destroy things which is in line with the Goddess of Sin's goals anyways so that's not really unexpected and CFW Magic was rather single-minded about seeing her goddess revived. Brave was a pretty interesting character though. Oddly enough his visual design was the one I was least interested in though because I'm not a fan of Gundams and other such mecha crap at all when his appearance was very clearly based on either Gundam or whatever the ___zords are called for the Japanese version of the Power Rangers.

Well I personally respect Magic's devotion. I know I can be pretty devoted (to being a pervert goddess Image). But mostly I was just wondering what you thought of her "domme" tendencies. I mean, those cables of hers are a lot like tentacles, huh?
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 7th, 2017, 7:23 pm

Liking the game enough so far. The story and such is landing right about where I was expecting so it's not exactly like I can be disappointed there. Though I do have to admit that the bath scene, while too fan-servicey for my tastes, was hilarious in context if only for the fact that you'd think that Iris Heart, with her personality and the way she was acting, would've asked for something more than that in return for those discs. The game mechanics are a huge improvement in general though. Although I find it kinda weird that they added character specific plan submenus but didn't add character specific accessory plan submenus so you have to read their description in order to figure out who they're even for. (Speaking of weird things they also changed Lily Rank related skill descriptions from the descriptive ones from Re;Birth 2 back to the ones that literally just restated their name from Re;Birth 1...)

The UI changes are a great change, though they're taking some getting used to. They're a far better use of available space but getting used to things being horizontal instead of vertical constantly catches me, lol. I'm also liking the changes to the EXE system so far, the fact dungeons seem to have a lot more work put into them, also the in-game achievements sort of system that gives you stat upgrades or even plans for achieving certain things. I also like that they removed the stupid hidden treasures system, though the Mario block thing they added in is kinda annoying, if only because they don't get permanently marked on the map when you leave a dungeon unlike gather points. Leadership skills are a pretty neat idea as well. And I'm liking the new world map stuff a lot, though it took me way longer than it should have to figure out how to get back to Planeptune from Lastation for the first time, lol.

As far as story and characters go I think my impression from before starting is most likely going to stand. And I think the game mechanics have actually improved more than I was expecting. With how little changed from Re;Birth 1 to 2 I wasn't expecting side sweeping changes.
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Well, if it makes you feel any better, Nepgear has a pretty sizable role in Victory/Re;birth 3, so there's that at least.

That's good to hear. I don't particularly mind Plutia or Neptune but the two of them combined (non-HDD forms I mean) is just way too much, actually a tad annoying with the both of them. I legitimately feel bad for Noire at times nearly constantly, lol. (Also felt bad for Vert during the latter parts of Re;Birth 2 even thoguh she's my least favorite of the main CPUs. She seemed legitimately sad to be the only one left out from having a sister.)
Well I personally respect Magic's devotion. I know I can be pretty devoted (to being a pervert goddess Image). But mostly I was just wondering what you thought of her "domme" tendencies. I mean, those cables of hers are a lot like tentacles, huh?

I honestly hadn't even noticed the cables thing, lol.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 7th, 2017, 8:00 pm

Alice wrote:Liking the game enough so far. The story and such is landing right about where I was expecting so it's not exactly like I can be disappointed there. Though I do have to admit that the bath scene, while too fan-servicey for my tastes, was hilarious in context if only for the fact that you'd think that Iris Heart, with her personality and the way she was acting, would've asked for something more than that in return for those discs.

Yeah, that scene was pretty funny and cute for that reason. Also sexy, but then, you know me Image. Also, how are you liking Iris Heart in her natural habitat so far?

The game mechanics are a huge improvement in general though. Although I find it kinda weird that they added character specific plan submenus but didn't add character specific accessory plan submenus so you have to read their description in order to figure out who they're even for. (Speaking of weird things they also changed Lily Rank related skill descriptions from the descriptive ones from Re;Birth 2 back to the ones that literally just restated their name from Re;Birth 1...)

The UI changes are a great change, though they're taking some getting used to. They're a far better use of available space but getting used to things being horizontal instead of vertical constantly catches me, lol. I'm also liking the changes to the EXE system so far, the fact dungeons seem to have a lot more work put into them, also the in-game achievements sort of system that gives you stat upgrades or even plans for achieving certain things. I also like that they removed the stupid hidden treasures system, though the Mario block thing they added in is kinda annoying, if only because they don't get permanently marked on the map when you leave a dungeon unlike gather points. Leadership skills are a pretty neat idea as well. And I'm liking the new world map stuff a lot, though it took me way longer than it should have to figure out how to get back to Planeptune from Lastation for the first time, lol.

As far as story and characters go I think my impression from before starting is most likely going to stand. And I think the game mechanics have actually improved more than I was expecting. With how little changed from Re;Birth 1 to 2 I wasn't expecting side sweeping changes.

Well, the Mario/Nep blocks have a faint outline, so if you look closely, you can see them before revealing them. Also I'm still trying to decide how I feel about EXE Drive attacks using large amounts of SP instead of a dedicated gauge of its own; on the one hand, SP doesn't reset when you leave a dungeon, unlike that gauge, but on the other, I kinda prefer to have my SP for other stuff. Like transforming. And Plutia's Stress Relief attack is pretty expensive, but also really potent.

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Well, if it makes you feel any better, Nepgear has a pretty sizable role in Victory/Re;birth 3, so there's that at least.

That's good to hear. I don't particularly mind Plutia or Neptune but the two of them combined (non-HDD forms I mean) is just way too much, actually a tad annoying with the both of them. I legitimately feel bad for Noire at times nearly constantly, lol. (Also felt bad for Vert during the latter parts of Re;Birth 2 even thoguh she's my least favorite of the main CPUs. She seemed legitimately sad to be the only one left out from having a sister.)

Yeah, and I can just HEAR Mini Histy lamenting when Neppy becomes a CPU in the Ultradimension, "Just my luck; Planeptune has two CPUs and they're both lazy clods -_-" :biggrin: ! I rather enjoy them together, though, along with Noire, even though I certainly feel bad for her. Especially the part where Noire first explains the Seven Sages, and Neptune and Plutia want to just skim through the lecture (breaking the fourth wall to mention how to do so, though that was written with the PS3/Vita in mind and I don't know what kind of controller you use). Also, I'm willing to bet you'll LOVE what Ultradimension Vert does when  Nepgear gets a CPU Memory from her  (whether "love" is sarcastic or not I can't say, though. I'm not you :pwink: ; as evidenced by the fact that I'm a thousand times more of a nympho than you are).

I honestly hadn't even noticed the cables thing, lol.

Wow, you didn't? I guess you're not as into tentacles as I am, huh (but then, very few are Image)?

Anyway, progress report on my end:  Just beat Mr. Badd in Leanbox, as well as his "daughters". It's almost kinda sweet, until you realize that he was manipulating his creatures into doing his bidding. Pushing your dreams onto your children is actually bad parenting. Anyway, with that, all three of the Chapter 5 sub-scenarios are done, so all that's left is to save the kidnapped chibi-Iffy, chibi-Compa, and Peashy from (I assume) Arfoire. And then after that...hee hee...a scene I've wanted to see for a long time, one that'll either cement you as an Iris Heart fan or Iris Heart hater (doesn't seem to be any middle ground on her in the fandom): namely, Iris Heart going all Mama Bear (capitalized cause TV Tropes) on Arfoire and scaring chibi-Iffy and possibly the others in the process! Can't wait! But...may wanna try to do some optional stuff first, seeing as I had some trouble against Anonydeath, Copypaste Ch 5, and Mr. Badd Ch 5, so I doubt Arfoire Ch 5 will be any easier 

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 7th, 2017, 8:33 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Also, how are you liking Iris Heart in her natural habitat so far?

The whole dominatrix thing really isn't my thing so it's not particularly appealing to me personally.
Well, the Mario/Nep blocks have a faint outline, so if you look closely, you can see them before revealing them. Also I'm still trying to decide how I feel about EXE Drive attacks using large amounts of SP instead of a dedicated gauge of its own; on the one hand, SP doesn't reset when you leave a dungeon, unlike that gauge, but on the other, I kinda prefer to have my SP for other stuff. Like transforming. And Plutia's Stress Relief attack is pretty expensive, but also really potent.

They're really easy to miss though. I've literally walked right under them in bright areas while looking for them and only saw them because of the prompt that shows up when you're close to them. And they're even worse in caves where they sometimes show up in dark areas and are so hard to see that you have to use the prompt then guess at the exact location through trial and error.

And I somewhat agree but not entirely. This new method simplifies things a bit. The biggest criticism I have so far is really just that it doesn't refill when you leave a dungeon.
Yeah, and I can just HEAR Mini Histy lamenting when Neppy becomes a CPU in the Ultradimension, "Just my luck; Planeptune has two CPUs and they're both lazy clods -_-" :biggrin: ! I rather enjoy them together, though, along with Noire, even though I certainly feel bad for her. Especially the part where Noire first explains the Seven Sages, and Neptune and Plutia want to just skim through the lecture (breaking the fourth wall to mention how to do so, though that was written with the PS3/Vita in mind and I don't know what kind of controller you use). Also, I'm willing to bet you'll LOVE what Ultradimension Vert does when  Nepgear gets a CPU Memory from her  (whether "love" is sarcastic or not I can't say, though. I'm not you :pwink: ; as evidenced by the fact that I'm a thousand times more of a nympho than you are).

For my controller, I'm using one of these:
So Neptune's X comment was the relevant one for skipping. (Same button as the square button on a PS3/Vita though.) Something I commonly do on my second playthrough and on occasion accidentally bump while trying to read a scene.
Wow, you didn't? I guess you're not as into tentacles as I am, huh (but then, very few are Image)?

Yeah, the cable things barely even registered in my mind at all, let alone resembling tentacles, lol.
Anyway, progress report on my end:  Just beat Mr. Badd in Leanbox, as well as his "daughters". It's almost kinda sweet, until you realize that he was manipulating his creatures into doing his bidding. Pushing your dreams onto your children is actually bad parenting. Anyway, with that, all three of the Chapter 5 sub-scenarios are done, so all that's left is to save the kidnapped chibi-Iffy, chibi-Compa, and Peashy from (I assume) Arfoire. And then after that...hee hee...a scene I've wanted to see for a long time, one that'll either cement you as an Iris Heart fan or Iris Heart hater (doesn't seem to be any middle ground on her in the fandom): namely, Iris Heart going all Mama Bear (capitalized cause TV Tropes) on Arfoire and scaring chibi-Iffy and possibly the others in the process! Can't wait! But...may wanna try to do some optional stuff first, seeing as I had some trouble against Anonydeath, Copypaste Ch 5, and Mr. Badd Ch 5, so I doubt Arfoire Ch 5 will be any easier 

I'm definitely nowhere near that far just yet. I left off right after the Lastation scene where it shows  Abnes or whatever her name was setting off Blanc badly enough that Blanc HDDed and is now on her way to Lastation to try and take out Noire, Neptune, and Plutia at the same time. 
I think that's still chapter 2 at this point. Or chapter 3? I honestly wasn't paying attention, lol.

Also, speaking of stuff that's happened in the story: Why is it always a three year timeskip? The one at the beginning of Re;Birth 2 between the CPUs being caught by CFW Magic and IF and Compa managing to rescue Nepgear was three years too. And iirc the one at the end of the true ending of Re;Birth 1 was either 6 months or 3 years, I actually can't remember for certain. And how, after all these timeskips (except the part where Re;Birth 1 doesn't actually seem to be canon since it's like entirely unrelated to 2 and 3), are IF and Compa still so young?
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 7th, 2017, 9:08 pm

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Also, how are you liking Iris Heart in her natural habitat so far?

The whole dominatrix thing really isn't my thing so it's not particularly appealing to me personally.

Well, it's my thing, of course Image (being a switch, I can easily see dommes as idols and want to be their slaves/apprentices). But, that honestly surprises me: literally the first thing you ever said to me was "Goddess/slave relationships are the best" Image . Though, you know, a fair bit happened since then, and if anything, I got more perverted, huh? Hopefully you're able to see why I enjoy her at least.

(Kinda ironic that our first bit of interaction was because I'm a nympho, when you're probably closer to asexual in reality from what I've seen since)

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 7th, 2017, 9:34 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:But, that honestly surprises me: literally the first thing you ever said to me was "Goddess/slave relationships are the best" Image . Though, you know, a fair bit happened since then, and if anything, I got more perverted, huh? Hopefully you're able to see why I enjoy her at least.

Was that really the first thing I said to you? Lol. That was definitely quite awhile back though so yeah, things have definitely changed from my end. For me though I've never been the one to prefer a submissive position though anyways. And yeah, I can see why you like her. Just not my thing is all.
(Kinda ironic that our first bit of interaction was because I'm a nympho, when you're probably closer to asexual in reality from what I've seen since)

That's definitely true. I'm less asexual than any of my irl friends (none of which have ever even had girl/boyfriends except my ex-best friend but I don't really count him since he's an ex-friend) but compared to your average person or, especially, you then asexual would definitely describe me far more accurately.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 8th, 2017, 3:54 am

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:But, that honestly surprises me: literally the first thing you ever said to me was "Goddess/slave relationships are the best" Image . Though, you know, a fair bit happened since then, and if anything, I got more perverted, huh? Hopefully you're able to see why I enjoy her at least.

Was that really the first thing I said to you? Lol. That was definitely quite awhile back though so yeah, things have definitely changed from my end. For me though I've never been the one to prefer a submissive position though anyways. And yeah, I can see why you like her. Just not my thing is all.

Yes, it actually was. I don't know why I remember it so well, nor do I know why you said it, really. Looking back, anyway.

And yeah, don't know if I mentioned this, but I wouldn't mind being a slave and apprentice to Iris Heart: learning her ways of awesomeness, while being her punching bag...so wonderful that would be Image!

That's definitely true. I'm less asexual than any of my irl friends (none of which have ever even had girl/boyfriends except my ex-best friend but I don't really count him since he's an ex-friend) but compared to your average person or, especially, you then asexual would definitely describe me far more accurately.

Yeah, it's pretty...interesting...how we got to be such good friends, huh? Though you seem to enjoy my antics, so I'm glad for that :biggrin: .

Also, progress report:  Just beat Arfoire Ch 5, and (finally) unlocked the Colosseum. And yeah, she wasn't any easier than the other three Sages we fought in that chapter ^^;. Lost two characters that time, one because the witch pulled a damage-limit hitting attack out of nowhere towards the end. Poor, poor Vert...she and her surrogate sister, Nepgear, were the ones KOed there, in that fight. And yeah, Vert thinks of Nepgear as a sister in this world. Even if Nepgear doesn't return the sentiment. So, on to Chapter 6 for me! 

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 8th, 2017, 9:02 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Lost two characters that time, one because the witch pulled a damage-limit hitting attack out of nowhere towards the end.

Speaking of the damage limit, I spent far too long with Nepgear, Ram, and Rom all frequently hitting the damage limit in Re;Birth 2 before I finally got everything I needed for the break damage limit plan. Took long enough that Nepgear jumped from almost always hitting 9999 to hitting anywhere from 11000-28000 depending on the enemy. Ram and Rom weren't quite as huge a jump but they jumped up to the 14-18000 range for their max hits. Uni, just like Noire, though just doesn't really care about the damage limit. Both her and Noire tend to focus on more hits over more damage per hit. Which is actually a bit of a negative honestly. More hits equates to less damage per hit, most specifically against high defense monsters, since multi-hit moves deal a lot less damage per hit and thus are far more likely to fall under the damage range where their power does little to overcome the enemy's defenses.
 And yeah, Vert thinks of Nepgear as a sister in this world. Even if Nepgear doesn't return the sentiment. So, on to Chapter 6 for me! 

Vert's kinda like that in the main world as well. Though she at least has Chika there as well. One of the cutscenes you can get between her and Nepgear involve her lamenting that she doesn't have a sister and offering to take Nepgear in if she ever gets tired of Neptune's antics. There's also another one where she's talking to Chika and mulls over the idea of trying to take one of Blanc's sisters off her hands too though, lol. 
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 8th, 2017, 9:38 am

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Lost two characters that time, one because the witch pulled a damage-limit hitting attack out of nowhere towards the end.

Speaking of the damage limit, I spent far too long with Nepgear, Ram, and Rom all frequently hitting the damage limit in Re;Birth 2 before I finally got everything I needed for the break damage limit plan. Took long enough that Nepgear jumped from almost always hitting 9999 to hitting anywhere from 11000-28000 depending on the enemy. Ram and Rom weren't quite as huge a jump but they jumped up to the 14-18000 range for their max hits. Uni, just like Noire, though just doesn't really care about the damage limit. Both her and Noire tend to focus on more hits over more damage per hit. Which is actually a bit of a negative honestly. More hits equates to less damage per hit, most specifically against high defense monsters, since multi-hit moves deal a lot less damage per hit and thus are far more likely to fall under the damage range where their power does little to overcome the enemy's defenses.

Yeah, damage limits are annoying -_-. At least there's no need for a "Break HP Limit" ability in this series.

And yeah, Vert thinks of Nepgear as a sister in this world. Even if Nepgear doesn't return the sentiment. So, on to Chapter 6 for me! 

Vert's kinda like that in the main world as well. Though she at least has Chika there as well. One of the cutscenes you can get between her and Nepgear involve her lamenting that she doesn't have a sister and offering to take Nepgear in if she ever gets tired of Neptune's antics. There's also another one where she's talking to Chika and mulls over the idea of trying to take one of Blanc's sisters off her hands too though, lol. 

Yeah, I can believe that. Vert is infamously jealous of the others having CPU Candidates. And sadly for her, she's not gonna get a sister unless Microsoft releases a handheld, which they're not likely to do anytime soon if the market stays where it is because Americans prefer the Nintendo handhelds for their kids and Japanese prefer...well, Japanese-made stuff (I can speak in stereotypes here because I'm talking about market trends, and if you look it up, you'll see these trends exist). I mean, as much as I love my Vita, what with it having so many games I'm interested in, even I have to admit it didn't do nearly as well as the 3DS here, with it tending to have those games at the exclusion of everything else, and I don't see Microsoft having better luck, and I doubt they see their chances any better than I do 

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 8th, 2017, 10:09 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Yeah, damage limits are annoying -_-. At least there's no need for a "Break HP Limit" ability in this series.

Thankfully. If you had to unlock the ability to break 9999hp too you'd be basically screwed in the lategame until you could unlock it. Melee types tend to start reaching the 10k point around level 60-70 and it's not too difficult to not only reach that level by the end of the game but need to be that level to actually stand a chance. Let alone considering the optional late/endgame stuff or the colosseum.
 Yeah, I can believe that. Vert is infamously jealous of the others having CPU Candidates. And sadly for her, she's not gonna get a sister unless Microsoft releases a handheld, which they're not likely to do anytime soon if the market stays where it is because Americans prefer the Nintendo handhelds for their kids and Japanese prefer...well, Japanese-made stuff (I can speak in stereotypes here because I'm talking about market trends, and if you look it up, you'll see these trends exist). I mean, as much as I love my Vita, what with it having so many games I'm interested in, even I have to admit it didn't do nearly as well as the 3DS here, with it tending to have those games at the exclusion of everything else, and I don't see Microsoft having better luck, and I doubt they see their chances any better than I do 

I feel bad for her not having her own sister honestly. She's definitely not my favorite of the CPUs but she's still not a bad person so it's hard not to feel bad for her, lol. Also it's weird that they focus on realism there when Planeptune and its CPU and candidate are based on Sega consoles to begin with from what I've read. You know, a console system that is literally dead. (Apparently Neptune is a reference to a cancelled Sega console called the Sega Neptune from what I was reading.) And yet Neptune got her own sister. 
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 8th, 2017, 6:39 pm

Alice wrote: I feel bad for her not having her own sister honestly. She's definitely not my favorite of the CPUs but she's still not a bad person so it's hard not to feel bad for her, lol. Also it's weird that they focus on realism there when Planeptune and its CPU and candidate are based on Sega consoles to begin with from what I've read. You know, a console system that is literally dead. (Apparently Neptune is a reference to a cancelled Sega console called the Sega Neptune from what I was reading.) And yet Neptune got her own sister. 

Yeah, Sega's not a first-party developer anymore, true. But the way you say that last sentence: don't tell me you forgot about the Game Gear! That's what Ge-ge's a reference to! 

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Yeah, damage limits are annoying -_-. At least there's no need for a "Break HP Limit" ability in this series.

Thankfully. If you had to unlock the ability to break 9999hp too you'd be basically screwed in the lategame until you could unlock it. Melee types tend to start reaching the 10k point around level 60-70 and it's not too difficult to not only reach that level by the end of the game but need to be that level to actually stand a chance. Let alone considering the optional late/endgame stuff or the colosseum.

Yeah, this game isn't Final Fantasy X where a case can be made that Break HP Limit is unnecessary because very few enemies can seriously do 9999 or more in a single attack, is it? And even of those, it's often single-target, so Auto-Phoenix on two frontline characters works just as well. No, Hyperdimension Neptunia...is Hyperdimension Neptunia. A game where you'll eventually need 5 digit HP values to survive.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 8th, 2017, 9:24 pm

Finished the Lowee bit now.  I stopped just after Nepgear accidentally complicated Neptune's rescue, lol.  I actually really think Plutia stepped out of line with her handling of Blanc.  She at least made friends with Blanc since she's still an airhead but going out of her way to bully Blanc like that just to make her cry more was unreasonable when Blanc was already extremely frustrated and sad over the way things turned out for her. Not only did she get her ass handed to her but she lost her entire nation that she'd so loyally worked her hardest for to her advisor who she thought she could trust but who turned out to be the villain. Bullying her like that was the last thing she needed. 
EarthPhantomTS wrote: Yeah, Sega's not a first-party developer anymore, true. But the way you say that last sentence: don't tell me you forgot about the Game Gear! That's what Ge-ge's a reference to! 

Nah, I got that. Just if the reason for Vert not to get a sister is that Xbox is a dying brand though then it makes no sense at all for the protagonists of the series to represent a long-dead console brand. 
Alice wrote:Yeah, this game isn't Final Fantasy X where a case can be made that Break HP Limit is unnecessary because very few enemies can seriously do 9999 or more in a single attack, is it? And even of those, it's often single-target, so Auto-Phoenix on two frontline characters works just as well. No, Hyperdimension Neptunia...is Hyperdimension Neptunia. A game where you'll eventually need 5 digit HP values to survive.

Yeah, seriously. When you're level 600-700 or so you'll typically have around 60-65000hp for a character like Neptune or Nepgear. And at that level, even with the best equipment you can get, enemies that are down in the 200-400 range can still hit for 5 digits.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 8th, 2017, 9:53 pm

Alice wrote:Finished the Lowee bit now.  I stopped just after Nepgear accidentally complicated Neptune's rescue, lol.  I actually really think Plutia stepped out of line with her handling of Blanc.  She at least made friends with Blanc since she's still an airhead but going out of her way to bully Blanc like that just to make her cry more was unreasonable when Blanc was already extremely frustrated and sad over the way things turned out for her. Not only did she get her ass handed to her but she lost her entire nation that she'd so loyally worked her hardest for to her advisor who she thought she could trust but who turned out to be the villain. Bullying her like that was the last thing she needed. 

Maybe I'm evil then. When I saw that part, even though I felt a little bad for Blanc, I was more marveling at how clever Plutia was in her sadism Image. And, I mean, she DID help Blanc get revenge on Mr. Badd...so she's not completely terrible. Just a bit terrible :tstick:.

But then, I've always been bad about forgiving my lust objects for a lot. Kinda happens when you tend to think with your pussy 

EarthPhantomTS wrote: Yeah, Sega's not a first-party developer anymore, true. But the way you say that last sentence: don't tell me you forgot about the Game Gear! That's what Ge-ge's a reference to! 

Nah, I got that. Just if the reason for Vert not to get a sister is that Xbox is a dying brand though then it makes no sense at all for the protagonists of the series to represent a long-dead console brand. 

No no no, the reason Vert doesn't have a sister has nothing to do with how well, or badly, the XBox series is doing! It's just that there's no portable system to base a hypothetical sister of hers on! 

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Yeah, this game isn't Final Fantasy X where a case can be made that Break HP Limit is unnecessary because very few enemies can seriously do 9999 or more in a single attack, is it? And even of those, it's often single-target, so Auto-Phoenix on two frontline characters works just as well. No, Hyperdimension Neptunia...is Hyperdimension Neptunia. A game where you'll eventually need 5 digit HP values to survive.

Yeah, seriously. When you're level 600-700 or so you'll typically have around 60-65000hp for a character like Neptune or Nepgear. And at that level, even with the best equipment you can get, enemies that are down in the 200-400 range can still hit for 5 digits.

Yeah, I'd believe that.

Heh heh...sounds like fun Image!

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 8th, 2017, 10:16 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote: Maybe I'm evil then. When I saw that part, even though I felt a little bad for Blanc, I was more marveling at how clever Plutia was in her sadism Image. And, I mean, she DID help Blanc get revenge on Mr. Badd...so she's not completely terrible. Just a bit terrible :tstick:.

But then, I've always been bad about forgiving my lust objects for a lot. Kinda happens when you tend to think with your pussy 

I'm a sadist myself but I have my limits. Something like that I'd only find acceptable in a medium where it's explicitly the point. In this though, Plutia's sadism is much better off being played for comedic reasons. Otherwise it feels jarring and out of place when you're supposed to be sympathizing with one of the characters, and especially in an overly comedic series like this. 
 No no no, the reason Vert doesn't have a sister has nothing to do with how well, or badly, the XBox series is doing! It's just that there's no portable system to base a hypothetical sister of hers on! 

Oh, I should've made that connection earlier, lol. Regardless though, I still feel bad for Vert. For how unserious the series is the solemnity of Vert lamenting not having her own sister does stand out even though it's not exceptionally serious when compared with stuff outside the series. 
Yeah, I'd believe that.

Heh heh...sounds like fun Image!

It's kinda annoying honestly. At that health it's not an enormous issue to have someone dealing with healing and buffs but it's enough that you have to basically dedicate one person full-time to dealing with those things against enemies of those levels. Though at least Rom is exceptionally useful at high levels in Re;Birth 2. She's got a ton of SP, has several different buffs that cover just about every stat, can heal (both targeted and area effects), can revive, and can also restore SP to allies in an area with a reasonably large area of effect. The interesting part about that is that it costs 1200SP for her to cast and restores 1000SP. (For my endgame second cycle party this was like level 300 or so and everyone was around the 2800-4800SP mark other than Rom since I gave her a +2500SP equip, she was at around 6800 or so the last time I bothered paying attention to it.) If she's in its area of effect this also means it affects her. I haven't actually tested it but I want to see how much a reduced SP cost effect would have on the ability.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 9th, 2017, 3:27 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Also, I'm willing to bet you'll LOVE what Ultradimension Vert does when Nepgear gets a CPU Memory from her (whether "love" is sarcastic or not I can't say, though. I'm not you :pwink: ; as evidenced by the fact that I'm a thousand times more of a nympho than you are).

I just finished this bit recently. It was pretty hilarious although I have to say I'm moderately disappointed that this game has taken Nepgear from being reliable and not a total idiot, unlike Neptune (she's a bit scatterbrained but nowhere near as bad as Neptune), to being just as lazy as Neptune and apparently a total idiot. There was the stuff in the intro, then  when she got sucked into Neptune's way home  then her ending up giving into peer pressure during the Vert stuff.

Also there's either a bit of a plot hole regarding Nepgear's attitude or she's EXTREMELY codependent on Neptune. Histy stated that the rate of time appears to be one year in this dimension is equal to about a day in their home dimension. So according to the timeframe given Neptune has been gone not even a week yet Nepgear's acting like she's been gone years. (Though Histy is also acting this way. She stated during the scene Nepgear appeared that with Neptune missing so long she may have trouble gathering enough shares which should not be a problem after only a week when Neptune basically did nothing for several years between the second game and this one. So it seems more a plot hole than anything.)
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 9th, 2017, 4:20 pm

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Also, I'm willing to bet you'll LOVE what Ultradimension Vert does when Nepgear gets a CPU Memory from her (whether "love" is sarcastic or not I can't say, though. I'm not you :pwink: ; as evidenced by the fact that I'm a thousand times more of a nympho than you are).

I just finished this bit recently. It was pretty hilarious although I have to say I'm moderately disappointed that this game has taken Nepgear from being reliable and not a total idiot, unlike Neptune (she's a bit scatterbrained but nowhere near as bad as Neptune), to being just as lazy as Neptune and apparently a total idiot. There was the stuff in the intro, then  when she got sucked into Neptune's way home  then her ending up giving into peer pressure during the Vert stuff.

Also there's either a bit of a plot hole regarding Nepgear's attitude or she's EXTREMELY codependent on Neptune. Histy stated that the rate of time appears to be one year in this dimension is equal to about a day in their home dimension. So according to the timeframe given Neptune has been gone not even a week yet Nepgear's acting like she's been gone years. (Though Histy is also acting this way. She stated during the scene Nepgear appeared that with Neptune missing so long she may have trouble gathering enough shares which should not be a problem after only a week when Neptune basically did nothing for several years between the second game and this one. So it seems more a plot hole than anything.)

They're all completely nuts. That's the only explanation I can think of. You gotta be crazy to be a Nep, evidently!

Though I did enjoy how  Iris Heart punished Purple Sister for her betrayal  Image! Hee hee...so fun Image!

(But, you know, I'm more and more worried the farther you get that you'll start thinking I'm crazy, and in a bad way, for liking Iris Heart so much :tsad: ...I mean, my impression of her is that she's actually a kinda sweet, loyal girl who has an...unconventional way of showing affection Image. And, as crazy as that may sound, I'm kinda the same way, at least online...I mean, what I do in some Youtube comments could be classified as  sexual harassment, which is one step away from what Madame Goddess does. Also, Alice, please edit this comment so that the previous sentence is hidden from non-members, and this sentence is erased )

Anyway, besides that, I just want to say I find this picture kinda cute. Looks like someone turned the tables on Madame Goddess (I fear what Iris Heart will do to her captor when she gets out, though. Although I'd also love to see it Image!):

Image Bondage

P.S. Sorry in advance for going off topic, but I just had to show you this. It's too adorable Image! Also, it might be nice to see Iris Heart getting a taste of her own medicine.
Last edited by EarthPhantomTS on February 9th, 2017, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 9th, 2017, 5:17 pm

Just beat Copypaste in Lowee. I'd feel bad about all that but honestly the entire situation was just too absurd to find it anything but hilarious in the worst way possible.  I chose Lowee first thinking I'd be able to keep Blanc in my party afterwards since she's one of the mainstays of my party after I get her. (Neptune, Histoire, Nepgear, and Blanc have been my main party lately. When I can't use one of them I tend to sub in Noire or pb5.) Of course as soon as I finished things she left though annoyingly. Also wouldn't mind being able to get a hold of Ram or, especially, Rom if it's even possible in this one. The both of them make really decent spellcasters and typically deal ridiculous damage.

Also a bit of a complaint I keep forgetting to post about: You get the warp out of dungeons item much later in the game than in previous ones, they're much rarer to obtain as treasure or drops, and they randomly made it so that 99% of the time you finish an objective you now have to walk out of the dungeon. This is one place they've outright regressed during the series on. Especially since the dungeons are frequently quite a bit longer than they generally are in the first two.
EarthPhantomTS wrote:(But, you know, I'm more and more worried the farther you get that you'll start thinking I'm crazy for liking Iris Heart so much :tsad: ...I mean, my impression of her is that she's actually a kinda sweet, loyal girl who has an...unconventional way of showing affection Image. And, as crazy as that may sound, I'm kinda the same way, at least online)

Well it's much too late for that, lol.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 9th, 2017, 5:20 pm

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:(But, you know, I'm more and more worried the farther you get that you'll start thinking I'm crazy for liking Iris Heart so much :tsad: ...I mean, my impression of her is that she's actually a kinda sweet, loyal girl who has an...unconventional way of showing affection Image. And, as crazy as that may sound, I'm kinda the same way, at least online)

Well it's much too late for that, lol.

So...I am crazy? Aww :tsad: ...well, at least my tendencies toward sexual harassment and falling in love with bad girls and being a bit of one myself are the fun kind of crazy, right? Right?

(Yes I'm seriously worried about this...)

Alice wrote: Just beat Copypaste in Lowee. I'd feel bad about all that but honestly the entire situation was just too absurd to find it anything but hilarious in the worst way possible.  I chose Lowee first thinking I'd be able to keep Blanc in my party afterwards since she's one of the mainstays of my party after I get her. (Neptune, Histoire, Nepgear, and Blanc have been my main party lately. When I can't use one of them I tend to sub in Noire or pb5.) Of course as soon as I finished things she left though annoyingly. Also wouldn't mind being able to get a hold of Ram or, especially, Rom if it's even possible in this one. The both of them make really decent spellcasters and typically deal ridiculous damage.

Incidentally, my main party right now is basically Vert (because I've taken a liking to her as of late...plus she has some AoE buffs and debuffs), Neptune, Nepgear, and Plutia (obviously Image! But it's not just for the obvious reason: you get healing with her, as well as a very powerful (and very expensive) attack in Stress Release/Fighting Viper 2).

Also a bit of a complaint I keep forgetting to post about: You get the warp out of dungeons item much later in the game than in previous ones, they're much rarer to obtain as treasure or drops, and they randomly made it so that 99% of the time you finish an objective you now have to walk out of the dungeon. This is one place they've outright regressed during the series on. Especially since the dungeons are frequently quite a bit longer than they generally are in the first two.

Yeah, that is kinda annoying. I don't even think I got the ability to buy Reset Buttons, or whatever that item's called, yet!

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 9th, 2017, 7:38 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:So...I am crazy? Aww :tsad: ...well, at least my tendencies toward sexual harassment and falling in love with bad girls and being a bit of one myself are the fun kind of crazy, right? Right?

It was just a joke anyways so nothing you should take seriously.
Incidentally, my main party right now is basically Vert (because I've taken a liking to her as of late...plus she has some AoE buffs and debuffs), Neptune, Nepgear, and Plutia (obviously Image! But it's not just for the obvious reason: you get healing with her, as well as a very powerful (and very expensive) attack in Stress Release/Fighting Viper 2).

I was using Vert while I was in Leanbox because as it turns out 5pb. is kinda underpowered to fill in for Blanc while she's absent. She's alright but definitely not my preferred kind of character. I stopped using Plutia more because she's so slow compared to the other characters than anything. She'd consistently not only go last for me but frequently go after at least 1-2 of the enemies as well.
Yeah, that is kinda annoying. I don't even think I got the ability to buy Reset Buttons, or whatever that item's called, yet!

It's one of the treasure cubes in the Underground Cave in Lowee. I tend to be fairly anal about at the very least getting all the treasures as well as each gather point at least once. I'm also somewhat anal about the hidden treasures as well but I'll usually start the game going for them, quit after a bit, then wait until I get the Laplace's Eye plan. (Which I conveniently got fairly recently and miraculously actually had the materials to craft for once.)
Anyway, progress report on my end: Just beat Mr. Badd in Leanbox, as well as his "daughters". It's almost kinda sweet, until you realize that he was manipulating his creatures into doing his bidding. Pushing your dreams onto your children is actually bad parenting. Anyway, with that, all three of the Chapter 5 sub-scenarios are done, so all that's left is to save the kidnapped chibi-Iffy, chibi-Compa, and Peashy from (I assume) Arfoire.

This is right where I quit for the day. I did the initial scene in Planeptune then turned in a quest or two and talked to everyone that was available in the information tab then exited.
And then after that...hee hee...a scene I've wanted to see for a long time, one that'll either cement you as an Iris Heart fan or Iris Heart hater (doesn't seem to be any middle ground on her in the fandom): namely, Iris Heart going all Mama Bear (capitalized cause TV Tropes) on Arfoire and scaring chibi-Iffy and possibly the others in the process! Can't wait!

Considering how her typical scenes have come across to me my preconception would be that it'd make me dislike her more (I'm already not a particularly big fan of her claiming Neptune, Nepgear, and Noire are hers when they never actually consented to this as it is) but with that description I kinda find it hard to see why that would actually be the case in that context.
But...may wanna try to do some optional stuff first, seeing as I had some trouble against Anonydeath, Copypaste Ch 5, and Mr. Badd Ch 5, so I doubt Arfoire Ch 5 will be any easier

I didn't have too much trouble because Histoire has this spell called Universe that apparently can break the damage limit, is fairly cheap (like 65-68sp or so iirc), and dealt like 18-22k damage per hit. Though I usually just used it to get them down to half health then proceeded to whittle them down using normal attacks for the rest of it. Neptune and Nepgear having their highest level power attacks equipped in all slots plus their extra power attack slot unlocked helped a lot there. (Though Blanc was the first in my party to actually hit the damage limit, lol.) Neptune and Nepgear were doing a solid 4-8000 damage per turn by themselves with Histoire outdamaging them (usually in the 6-12k per turn range herself) due to her focus on magic since machine types tend to be resistant to physical attacks but weak to magic. With Noire and Vert not being incredibly useful in comparison, doing about 1-3k per turn optimally. (And Blanc keeping up pretty evenly with Nepgear and Neptune.)
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 9th, 2017, 11:44 pm

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:So...I am crazy? Aww :tsad: ...well, at least my tendencies toward sexual harassment and falling in love with bad girls and being a bit of one myself are the fun kind of crazy, right? Right?

It was just a joke anyways so nothing you should take seriously.

So I'm the "fun" kind of crazy, then? Alright :tstick: Image (well, we already knew that with my tendency toward Iris Heart fangirlism...also, hopefully I'm not going too overboard with that)

I was using Vert while I was in Leanbox because as it turns out 5pb. is kinda underpowered to fill in for Blanc while she's absent. She's alright but definitely not my preferred kind of character. I stopped using Plutia more because she's so slow compared to the other characters than anything. She'd consistently not only go last for me but frequently go after at least 1-2 of the enemies as well.

Yeah, I kinda noticed that issue as well. If you're not good at Symbol Attacks, there is that problem; personally, though, I feel the advantages of having two healers, a character with a ridiculously powerful attack, and my lust object in the party outweighs that.

It's one of the treasure cubes in the Underground Cave in Lowee. I tend to be fairly anal about at the very least getting all the treasures as well as each gather point at least once. I'm also somewhat anal about the hidden treasures as well but I'll usually start the game going for them, quit after a bit, then wait until I get the Laplace's Eye plan. (Which I conveniently got fairly recently and miraculously actually had the materials to craft for once.)

Oh, I got that plan. I just haven't really spent the time or effort to look for the stuff for it yet.

And then after that...hee hee...a scene I've wanted to see for a long time, one that'll either cement you as an Iris Heart fan or Iris Heart hater (doesn't seem to be any middle ground on her in the fandom): namely, Iris Heart going all Mama Bear (capitalized cause TV Tropes) on Arfoire and scaring chibi-Iffy and possibly the others in the process! Can't wait!

Considering how her typical scenes have come across to me my preconception would be that it'd make me dislike her more (I'm already not a particularly big fan of her claiming Neptune, Nepgear, and Noire are hers when they never actually consented to this as it is) but with that description I kinda find it hard to see why that would actually be the case in that context.

As I said, hope you don't look at me like I have three eyes for liking her. But, you know, we don't have to like the same characters, I realize.

And yeah, as I said, Iris Heart is...polarizing.

But...may wanna try to do some optional stuff first, seeing as I had some trouble against Anonydeath, Copypaste Ch 5, and Mr. Badd Ch 5, so I doubt Arfoire Ch 5 will be any easier

I didn't have too much trouble because Histoire has this spell called Universe that apparently can break the damage limit, is fairly cheap (like 65-68sp or so iirc), and dealt like 18-22k damage per hit. Though I usually just used it to get them down to half health then proceeded to whittle them down using normal attacks for the rest of it. Neptune and Nepgear having their highest level power attacks equipped in all slots plus their extra power attack slot unlocked helped a lot there. (Though Blanc was the first in my party to actually hit the damage limit, lol.) Neptune and Nepgear were doing a solid 4-8000 damage per turn by themselves with Histoire outdamaging them (usually in the 6-12k per turn range herself) due to her focus on magic since machine types tend to be resistant to physical attacks but weak to magic. With Noire and Vert not being incredibly useful in comparison, doing about 1-3k per turn optimally. (And Blanc keeping up pretty evenly with Nepgear and Neptune.)

Ehrm, yeah, I should try new things. I'm still not that great at the game, probably, but even if I were, it's nice to be able to experiment. I don't know if Histy in my game has learned that yet, though; I'm probably underleveled, like I have a habit of being in quite a few games that assume some grinding (my problem in Dragon Quest VII with Rashers and Stripes was probably partly cause I'm underleveled as hell there too).

(Also, I'll confess...I'm not advancing as fast as you are. Probably cause I'm spending more time looking for sexy Iris Heart et al. (the "et al." being "every other PC in the series ever") fanart than actually playing :tstick: Image! Especially now that I've gone the way of CFW Magic and started reading HDN fanfiction)

EDIT: Okay, yeah, Histy knows Universe in my game. And I can see what you mean about its power. Actually, I think I'll keep tome-girl in my party, with the CPUs who give her endless headaches (the three Planeptune CPUs, IOW), because she also has an AoE healing spell AND an AoE Strength/Intelligence buff!

Anyway, it's pretty cool to have someone to talk about this with, even if she doesn't see the majesty of Iris Heart like I do :pwink: ! Lol, but seriously though, it's nice to have someone to bounce strategy ideas off of (even if I'll probably be receiving more ideas than giving them).

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 10th, 2017, 10:39 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:So I'm the "fun" kind of crazy, then? Alright :tstick: Image (well, we already knew that with my tendency toward Iris Heart fangirlism...also, hopefully I'm not going too overboard with that)

Nah, you're not really going overboard with it. It's at least relevant to the ongoing conversation after all.
Yeah, I kinda noticed that issue as well. If you're not good at Symbol Attacks, there is that problem; personally, though, I feel the advantages of having two healers, a character with a ridiculously powerful attack, and my lust object in the party outweighs that.

You'd think that after three games I'd actually be better with symbol attacks than I am but I have a habit of item obtained dialogs getting in the way of them and that pause immediately after an enemy sees you still throws me off. So I still fail at them a solid 10% of the time or so with more than half of those resulting in me getting ambushed.
Oh, I got that plan. I just haven't really spent the time or effort to look for the stuff for it yet.

I think I ended up getting the items through Stella's Dungeon. I wasn't really focusing on getting the items for it because in the previous two games the invisible cloth item has always been a near-endgame item so I wasn't expecting to come across it so easily. I actually noticed I had the materials for it when I picked up another plan and was trying to figure out what plan that actually was. (It was one of those accessory plans that give multiple entries and are incredibly poorly described.)
As I said, hope you don't look at me like I have three eyes for liking her. But, you know, we don't have to like the same characters, I realize.

Yeah, I doubt I will. I'd find it kinda hilarious though if I managed to come through that part with my opinion of her not being affected one way or another though just so I could be the non-existent middleground, lol.
Ehrm, yeah, I should try new things. I'm still not that great at the game, probably, but even if I were, it's nice to be able to experiment. I don't know if Histy in my game has learned that yet, though; I'm probably underleveled, like I have a habit of being in quite a few games that assume some grinding (my problem in Dragon Quest VII with Rashers and Stripes was probably partly cause I'm underleveled as hell there too).

I'm a lot more used to games like Persona 3 which are much more difficult than this. Also this game is far better balanced than Re;Birth 1 was as well. And one of the DLC items gives you a plan early in the game which boosts your XP gain which helps with avoiding having to grind. Though you may avoid enemies more often than I do as well. Since I tend to explore every dungeon pretty thoroughly on my first go I also tend to fight every enemy in it at least once as well. (More if I know I have a quest regarding said enemy.)
(Also, I'll confess...I'm not advancing as fast as you are. Probably cause I'm spending more time looking for sexy Iris Heart et al. (the "et al." being "every other PC in the series ever") fanart than actually playing :tstick: Image! Especially now that I've gone the way of CFW Magic and started reading HDN fanfiction)

Yeah, I've been playing quite a bit. Still somehow playing less games per day than my closest friends but still playing quite a bit. There's been one day since I restarted Re;Birth 1 that I haven't played at all and on the days I have played it's been anywhere from 4-7 hours, usually closer to the 6 hour range.
EDIT: Okay, yeah, Histy knows Universe in my game. And I can see what you mean about its power. Actually, I think I'll keep tome-girl in my party, with the CPUs who give her endless headaches (the three Planeptune CPUs, IOW), because she also has an AoE healing spell AND an AoE Strength/Intelligence buff!

And Histy is actually really powerful. As you pointed out, she has good abilities, plus the gear she gets tends to actually be fairly overpowered. It seems a bit less overpowered so far in this one but in Re;Birth 2 she was doing roughly the same amount of damage as Nepgear when Histy was level 40 and Nepgear was like just under level 70. (Which is the main reason I replaced her with Rom/Ram as soon as I got them. She felt way too overpowered. Plus Rom turned out to be even more useful with all her neat buff and healing spells.)
Anyway, it's pretty cool to have someone to talk about this with, even if she doesn't see the majesty of Iris Heart like I do :pwink: ! Lol, but seriously though, it's nice to have someone to bounce strategy ideas off of (even if I'll probably be receiving more ideas than giving them).

That's probably because I tend to put a fair amount more into learning a game's mechanics than most people in my experience. Also I'm typically a lot more willing to experiment or even completely change up my play method as well. Though even after three games I'm still not actually sure what the hell the agility stat is actually supposed to do since it seems to have very little bearing on turn order. I have to assume that it's the alternate skill for tec and that while tec increases attack accuracy, agi increases your dodge chance. I haven't really noticed attacks miss more often when I've had a +250 agi item equipped though so I'm not entirely certain.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 10th, 2017, 1:05 pm

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:So I'm the "fun" kind of crazy, then? Alright :tstick: Image (well, we already knew that with my tendency toward Iris Heart fangirlism...also, hopefully I'm not going too overboard with that)

Nah, you're not really going overboard with it. It's at least relevant to the ongoing conversation after all.

That's a relief!

You'd think that after three games I'd actually be better with symbol attacks than I am but I have a habit of item obtained dialogs getting in the way of them and that pause immediately after an enemy sees you still throws me off. So I still fail at them a solid 10% of the time or so with more than half of those resulting in me getting ambushed.

Yeah, honestly, if I'm not confident, I'll often forgo going for the Symbol Attack. Reason being that the enemy touching you while the animation is playing, while not being hit by the attack, is an automatic ambush. Sometimes I prefer to just meet the enemy normally.

I think I ended up getting the items through Stella's Dungeon. I wasn't really focusing on getting the items for it because in the previous two games the invisible cloth item has always been a near-endgame item so I wasn't expecting to come across it so easily. I actually noticed I had the materials for it when I picked up another plan and was trying to figure out what plan that actually was. (It was one of those accessory plans that give multiple entries and are incredibly poorly described.)

Yeah, I've been doing more with Stella's Dungeon now that I have an idea of what all you can get. Quite glad to have the DLC plans that speed up the process, too! Right now I've gotten most of the things in Area 1 and 2 (which probably isn't as far as you've gotten, but it's still farther than I was expecting to get when I started), including the Processor Units and the Scouts.

Yeah, I doubt I will. I'd find it kinda hilarious though if I managed to come through that part with my opinion of her not being affected one way or another though just so I could be the non-existent middleground, lol.

Obviously I'm crazy and a pervert. But, you know, I'm having too much fun with that, calling Iris Heart "Madame Goddess" and "my idol (or one of them anyway)"! Can't stop now Image!

I'm a lot more used to games like Persona 3 which are much more difficult than this. Also this game is far better balanced than Re;Birth 1 was as well. And one of the DLC items gives you a plan early in the game which boosts your XP gain which helps with avoiding having to grind. Though you may avoid enemies more often than I do as well. Since I tend to explore every dungeon pretty thoroughly on my first go I also tend to fight every enemy in it at least once as well. (More if I know I have a quest regarding said enemy.)

Yeah, I still haven't really gotten into the hard stuff. And yeah, I activated that plan, though I don't use it too much because I don't want to get too overleveled. Although I do try to explore thoroughly at least.

Yeah, I've been playing quite a bit. Still somehow playing less games per day than my closest friends but still playing quite a bit. There's been one day since I restarted Re;Birth 1 that I haven't played at all and on the days I have played it's been anywhere from 4-7 hours, usually closer to the 6 hour range.

You taking those 15 minute breaks for every hour of play? I hear those are important :pwink: (I don't really know why, though).

Also I played a fair bit last night, just doing "messing around" stuff to get materials, beat the Coliseum foes that are available, and doing quests and such. So not much advancement, though I can probably advance the story a good bit now, with the levels I got.

And Histy is actually really powerful. As you pointed out, she has good abilities, plus the gear she gets tends to actually be fairly overpowered. It seems a bit less overpowered so far in this one but in Re;Birth 2 she was doing roughly the same amount of damage as Nepgear when Histy was level 40 and Nepgear was like just under level 70. (Which is the main reason I replaced her with Rom/Ram as soon as I got them. She felt way too overpowered. Plus Rom turned out to be even more useful with all her neat buff and healing spells.)

Yeah, as I said, her OP gear is how I won the first fight with Ultradimension Arfoire that you were meant to lose.

That's probably because I tend to put a fair amount more into learning a game's mechanics than most people in my experience. Also I'm typically a lot more willing to experiment or even completely change up my play method as well. Though even after three games I'm still not actually sure what the hell the agility stat is actually supposed to do since it seems to have very little bearing on turn order. I have to assume that it's the alternate skill for tec and that while tec increases attack accuracy, agi increases your dodge chance. I haven't really noticed attacks miss more often when I've had a +250 agi item equipped though so I'm not entirely certain.

Honestly, I...think...part of what determines turn order is how much you did in the previous turn. If you only defended, or made a basic attack, you'll get your next turn pretty quickly, whereas if you used an EX Finisher, it'll take a bit longer. You notice that, by any chance?

Well, you probably did, but I'm just saying it anyway.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 10th, 2017, 3:30 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Yeah, honestly, if I'm not confident, I'll often forgo going for the Symbol Attack. Reason being that the enemy touching you while the animation is playing, while not being hit by the attack, is an automatic ambush. Sometimes I prefer to just meet the enemy normally.

For me it depends. Early in the game I tend to try to make use of them but later in the game you're fast enough that you'll generally get off a full round anyways without bothering with a symbol attack. But in Re;Birth 2 at least, since it has the symbol attack gains plan, I did a lot more symbol attacks in the lategame.
Yeah, I've been doing more with Stella's Dungeon now that I have an idea of what all you can get. Quite glad to have the DLC plans that speed up the process, too! Right now I've gotten most of the things in Area 1 and 2 (which probably isn't as far as you've gotten, but it's still farther than I was expecting to get when I started), including the Processor Units and the Scouts.

Iirc I've gotten every item in the first five zones but I haven't come across the item needed to unlock zone 6 yet. I've also gotten a "complete" rating on zones 1 and 4 which, oddly enough, entails not only getting all items but also getting all possible drops from every enemy in the dungeon even if it's an item you've already obtained from the dungeon.
Yeah, I still haven't really gotten into the hard stuff. And yeah, I activated that plan, though I don't use it too much because I don't want to get too overleveled. Although I do try to explore thoroughly at least.

From my point of view being overleveled is better than being underleveled plus I just can't be bothered trying to micromanage it, lol. Last I checked I'm only ~10 or so levels above where I should be anyways though.
You taking those 15 minute breaks for every hour of play? I hear those are important :pwink: (I don't really know why, though).

I take breaks but they tend to be nowhere near as often as recommended. Also tend to be 30-40 minute breaks when I do take them.
Yeah, as I said, her OP gear is how I won the first fight with Ultradimension Arfoire that you were meant to lose.

I accidentally won that one too, lol. It was right after I put Histoire into my party. I quickly realized I was supposed to lose and went "yeah, no. I can win this so I'm going to because Arfoire".
Honestly, I...think...part of what determines turn order is how much you did in the previous turn. If you only defended, or made a basic attack, you'll get your next turn pretty quickly, whereas if you used an EX Finisher, it'll take a bit longer. You notice that, by any chance?

Well, you probably did, but I'm just saying it anyway.

Yep, I think the tutorial for Re;Birth 3 actually covers different techniques and moves having different cooldowns as opposed to the first two. Characters also seem to have a specific innate speed as well though. Ie: Plutia seems to be one of the slowest characters while Neptune and Nepgear seem to be faster than average but not the fastest tier of characters.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 10th, 2017, 11:25 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:As I said, hope you don't look at me like I have three eyes for liking her. But, you know, we don't have to like the same characters, I realize.

Got through that scene today, though I actually didn't play a huge amount today. (Only like 2-3 hours.) I mostly thought the scene was hilarious except two parts. One is just the common sense "Iffy's just a kid so she shouldn't be subject to seeing Arfoire get what she deserves because, as happens, she could get mentally scarred by that," (though that's partly on everyone else for not taking her away from the scene or something too) while the other is Plutia yet again acting as if everyone is her possession instead of her companions and friends. She really needs to quit that. People are not possessions and when one of your friends is understandably really frustrated with something and vents to you, the solution is not to get pissed at her because "it's not fun" because that's just incredibly selfish. I would've been just as pissed off as Plutia was though, that was low even for the Seven Sages. (And the last scene involving Peashy and Anonydeath was even lower which is impressive because I didn't think they'd be able to manage that.)

Edit: Also what the hell is with all the crap you can win in the colosseum? There's a bunch of stuff that you win that goes into your key items section of your inventory but as far as I can tell it doesn't actually serve any actual purpose.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 11th, 2017, 1:38 am

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:As I said, hope you don't look at me like I have three eyes for liking her. But, you know, we don't have to like the same characters, I realize.

Got through that scene today, though I actually didn't play a huge amount today. (Only like 2-3 hours.) I mostly thought the scene was hilarious except two parts. One is just the common sense "Iffy's just a kid so she shouldn't be subject to seeing Arfoire get what she deserves because, as happens, she could get mentally scarred by that," (though that's partly on everyone else for not taking her away from the scene or something too) while the other is Plutia yet again acting as if everyone is her possession instead of her companions and friends. She really needs to quit that. People are not possessions and when one of your friends is understandably really frustrated with something and vents to you, the solution is not to get pissed at her because "it's not fun" because that's just incredibly selfish. I would've been just as pissed off as Plutia was though, that was low even for the Seven Sages. (And the last scene involving Peashy and Anonydeath was even lower which is impressive because I didn't think they'd be able to manage that.)

Yeah, she's crazy. But I still love her Image!

...Wait, she DOESN'T own them :pwink: (kidding, kidding, don't get mad)?!

...I'm probably a terrible person, huh :tsad: ? But, now I'm worried that this'll sour our relationship :tsad:

(Oh, sorry if this is becoming melodramatic. I'm...not a very confident person in reality :tundecided: )

Edit: Also what the hell is with all the crap you can win in the colosseum? There's a bunch of stuff that you win that goes into your key items section of your inventory but as far as I can tell it doesn't actually serve any actual purpose.

I don't know...but I'd love to have an Iris Heart PVC figure IRL Image!

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 11th, 2017, 9:39 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:...I'm probably a terrible person, huh :tsad: ? But, now I'm worried that this'll sour our relationship :tsad:

I doubt it, on both accounts. It's still a fictional medium either way so it's not like it's a real issue. I just find the entire thing completely out of place for this series. It'd have worked better if it were a more minor part of the story but it's worked into things at basically every point it possibly could be.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 11th, 2017, 2:29 pm

Huh, I think I just noticed a very interesting detail the games never bother explaining. Not only do back row characters get the coupling abilities from their front row partners but apparently a character's coupling abilities also affect themselves. I'd been noticing that two of my characters, Red who's not in the party at all and MarvelousAQL who's in the back row but partnered with Blanc, are both higher level than the rest of my party. Red grants XP+ as one of her coupling abilities and Blanc also grants XP+ as one of hers as well. This also explains why I was noticing that Red was the highest level character in my party on Re;Birth 2 as well despite not even being in the back row, let alone the front row, for like 95% of the game.

Although after a quick check, the abilities that show up under the status screen don't actually quite match up with those the character grants on the coupling screen. Red just happens to grant XP+ as a coupling ability and has that as her own ability. I was wondering why Blanc wasn't also a higher level so I went to check and her abilities are phys. def+ and mag. def+. Her coupling abilities, however, are XP+ and SP use-. Likewise Nepgear grants break damage limit and null stat debuff while her abilities are HDD SP use- and null category. This also explains why Histoire is so fast since she has cooldown reduction as one of her abilities. Also explains why I was noticing Neptune break the damage limit at one point in Re;Birth 2 despite the fact I hadn't unlocked the break damage limit plan at that point in time. This probably goes a fair way to explain the seeming discrepancy in turn order I was noticing as well. Though it's definitely not the full explanation still. I've noticed in subsequent battles that the order can change somewhat (usually it's two of the characters having their turn order switched around) and I can't pin down a pattern for it.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 14th, 2017, 1:02 am

It seems I've accidentally stumbled my way straight into the true ending on my first go, lol. I was looking up something yesterday and came across a mention of chapter 10 only being available in the true ending and I just reached chapter 10. Whoops.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 14th, 2017, 6:19 am

Alice wrote:It seems I've accidentally stumbled my way straight into the true ending on my first go, lol. I was looking up something yesterday and came across a mention of chapter 10 only being available in the true ending and I just reached chapter 10. Whoops.

Well, congrats. I still haven't gotten past Chapter 6 :tundecided: ...guess the hours of searching for sexy fanworks takes its toll on play time Image...I'd still say it's worth it, though, especially if I can find sexy stuff of you-know-who :pwink: Image (Madame Goddess Iris Heart, as if you had to ask)!

Anyway, besides that, I'm trying to play Fallout 2 again. I don't really know why I'm not into it, other than the possibility of instability, but I'm trying again now. Using Killap's Fallout 2 Restoration Patch, too (I don't know that it's the latest version, though; it's been a long while).

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 14th, 2017, 1:49 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Well, congrats. I still haven't gotten past Chapter 6 :tundecided: ...guess the hours of searching for sexy fanworks takes its toll on play time Image...I'd still say it's worth it, though, especially if I can find sexy stuff of you-know-who :pwink: Image (Madame Goddess Iris Heart, as if you had to ask)!

It seems my being thorough and taking a break from the story to pursue unlocking some dungeons was a good idea to get on to this path, lol. After unlocking a few dungeons I started to run into events in some of those dungeons. As it turns out they're one of the requirements for this end. (The other part of the requirement for the true ending looks to be simply getting the good ending which is actually really easy to do itself as well. To the point I had no idea that I'd even done it until looking up the requirements for the true ending.)

I'm not sure if I'll go through and get the normal and good endings after this. My original intent was to play through and get the normal or good ending, because I wasn't expecting the true ending to be so easy to get on accident as opposed to the last two game, then go get the other ending and finally the true ending which would also leave me with everything you can normally get access to. Though I'm not too disappointed here because there's some characters I've wanted access to for awhile that I knew were in the game and from what I read they're only available on the true ending. I was expecting them to unlock like the candidates in Re;Birth or the oracles in Re;Birth 2 but it seems there are no characters that unlock that way this time around. In fact from what I've seen shares mean almost nothing in this one compared to the last two so I'd be best served by getting both Lowee and Planeptune to 50% shares since I never use Vert or Noire. (Shares actually do affect how strong a character is in HDD mode. It's something like a 1% boost to stats per 4% shares. Which is slightly boosted, though I don't know by how much, with Nepgear's leader ability.)
Anyway, besides that, I'm trying to play Fallout 2 again. I don't really know why I'm not into it, other than the possibility of instability, but I'm trying again now. Using Killap's Fallout 2 Restoration Patch, too (I don't know that it's the latest version, though; it's been a long while).

I've never played the older Fallouts. FO3 was actually my first game in the series. FO2 as well as Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall (I think that's the name) are both games I'd like to play but have passed on because playing older games on a new computer like mine is an enormous pain in the ass. The simplest way to get them working is through something like DOSBox but for some reason that never wants to run in windowed mode for me despite it being a viable option. And playing a game that's, optimistically, 640x480 resolution on a 2560x1440 monitor in fullscreen mode looks really bad. (Also it messes with my second and third monitors which annoys the ever-living shit out of me and is the sort of bullshit that has on more than one occasion made me immediately drop a game the first time I started it up.)
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 14th, 2017, 2:59 pm

Alice wrote: In fact from what I've seen shares mean almost nothing in this one compared to the last two so I'd be best served by getting both Lowee and Planeptune to 50% shares since I never use Vert or Noire. (Shares actually do affect how strong a character is in HDD mode. It's something like a 1% boost to stats per 4% shares. Which is slightly boosted, though I don't know by how much, with Nepgear's leader ability.)

If that's true, you should probably get one's Shares to 52% and the other's Shares to 48%. Since it probably truncates that calculation. Though it wouldn't be that much of a difference anyway.

I've never played the older Fallouts. FO3 was actually my first game in the series. FO2 as well as Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall (I think that's the name) are both games I'd like to play but have passed on because playing older games on a new computer like mine is an enormous pain in the ass. The simplest way to get them working is through something like DOSBox but for some reason that never wants to run in windowed mode for me despite it being a viable option. And playing a game that's, optimistically, 640x480 resolution on a 2560x1440 monitor in fullscreen mode looks really bad. (Also it messes with my second and third monitors which annoys the ever-living shit out of me and is the sort of bullshit that has on more than one occasion made me immediately drop a game the first time I started it up.)

Honestly, even though I've certainly had bugs and stability issues with Fallout 2, I've never really had incompatibility issues with it. That's one aspect of the coding they seem to have gotten right: even though it was made for Windows 9x computers originally, it still seems to work fine even on Windows 8. Unless Windows 10 changed things.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 14th, 2017, 3:42 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:If that's true, you should probably get one's Shares to 52% and the other's Shares to 48%. Since it probably truncates that calculation. Though it wouldn't be that much of a difference anyway.

Depends on how they're calculating it. If they're using flat integers or using a Math.floor/ceil/round function then that'd be the case. If they're using floats though then 50/50 would be fine.
Honestly, even though I've certainly had bugs and stability issues with Fallout 2, I've never really had incompatibility issues with it. That's one aspect of the coding they seem to have gotten right: even though it was made for Windows 9x computers originally, it still seems to work fine even on Windows 8. Unless Windows 10 changed things.

Windows 10 has changed a lot of things. There's a ton more games and programs that are incompatible with Windows 10 than 7 or 8. Though on the flip side there's also a pool of games and programs that are inexplicably more compatible with Windows 10 than 7 or 8...
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 15th, 2017, 12:42 am

So apparently I didn't actually get the true ending somehow. After finishing the final battle I saved and it said it was just a good ending. And I'm kinda really annoyed. Not only did this ending result in Nepgear getting removed from my party but it was due to Plutia being retarded. (Followed by Plutia blaming Nepgear for it despite it being unambiguously 100% Plutia's fault and Neptune not even bothering to correct her.) This entire ending made me dislike both Neptune and Plutia a lot less than I already did. I may still go for the true ending but after that I probably won't touch this one again. Better mechanics than the other games but the story and characters constantly rubbed me the wrong way. Even more so with its idiotic flanderization of Nepgear.

Edit: After checking the Steam guide for the ending I'm definitely confused on how I failed to get the true ending. The only difference between it and the good ending is the six optional events and it specifically states that a dungeon I unlocked is the endpoint for getting the true ending.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 15th, 2017, 2:13 am

Alice wrote:So apparently I didn't actually get the true ending somehow. After finishing the final battle I saved and it said it was just a good ending. And I'm kinda really annoyed. Not only did this ending result in Nepgear getting removed from my party but it was due to Plutia being retarded. (Followed by Plutia blaming Nepgear for it despite it being unambiguously 100% Plutia's fault and Neptune not even bothering to correct her.) This entire ending made me dislike both Neptune and Plutia a lot less than I already did. I may still go for the true ending but after that I probably won't touch this one again. Better mechanics than the other games but the story and characters constantly rubbed me the wrong way. Even more so with its idiotic flanderization of Nepgear.

Edit: After checking the Steam guide for the ending I'm definitely confused on how I failed to get the true ending. The only difference between it and the good ending is the six optional events and it specifically states that a dungeon I unlocked is the endpoint for getting the true ending.

Wow, crap, sorry to hear that. Not really sure what else to say, except it was kinda dumb for Plutia to do...whatever she did :tundecided: . And that's coming from one of her fangirls, so yeah.

Wait, what did she do, anyway? I don't think it'll affect my opinion of her, but I'm curious.

As for me, I just remembered why I put Fallout 2 down so long ago. When I play, apparently there's a risk that the game will crash if you sell an item, then try to buy it back, or something. First time it happened (years ago), I think it was with Tubby in The Den. This time, it was a random encounter where I saved a merchant caravan from radscorpions. I have no clue what the deal is, but I...think...as long as I don't try to look at items that I've sold, I might not have this issue *knock on wood*. Trying not to let that get me too down; after dealing with instability in HDN, Fallout's instability should be a piece of cake to deal with.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 15th, 2017, 3:06 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Wow, crap, sorry to hear that. Not really sure what else to say, except it was kinda dumb for Plutia to do...whatever she did :tundecided: . And that's coming from one of her fangirls, so yeah.

Wait, what did she do, anyway? I don't think it'll affect my opinion of her, but I'm curious.

Spoilering this since it kinda is a spoiler:  Right when Neptune and Nepgear were getting ready to go back to Hyperdimension she tried to beg Neptune to stay and ended up tackling her into the pillar of light meaning she and Neptune ended up in their universe instead of Neptune and Nepgear. Then proceeded to blame that happening on Nepgear. To which Neptune didn't bother pointing out that it was in no way Nepgear's fault. Also really not a fan of Plutia doing her thing to Ram, Rom, and Uni. Not only are Ram and Rom actually quite young but it just seemed totally forced and Neptune just stood by and let it happen. The entire game has done a great job of making me think a lot less of Neptune and several incidents, but especially the ending, have made me like Plutia a lot less as well. 
As for me, I just remembered why I put Fallout 2 down so long ago. When I play, apparently there's a risk that the game will crash if you sell an item, then try to buy it back, or something. First time it happened (years ago), I think it was with Tubby in The Den. This time, it was a random encounter where I saved a merchant caravan from radscorpions. I have no clue what the deal is, but I...think...as long as I don't try to look at items that I've sold, I might not have this issue *knock on wood*. Trying not to let that get me too down; after dealing with instability in HDN, Fallout's instability should be a piece of cake to deal with.

That's a rather strange bug to cause stability issues. I wonder why it happens.

And speaking of stability issues, Re;Birth 3 is by far the least stable of the three. It still has the issue that the first two have where if you play long enough then enemies will manage to forget to take their turn, soft-locking the game. As with those this specific issue can be solved by setting the game's priority to realtime. However this game is still unstable even then and I almost always end my play sessions with the game crashing with the incredibly descriptive error "the application has crashed". This combined with all the other issues with the game unfortunately means that even though the mechanics are so much better, I'm probably never going to play this game again after getting the true end. Probably won't bother with the first one against either (though I may go through it at some point just to get the candidates because I'd like to See Nepgear's scenes as well as the scenes for the twins) but I can see myself playing the second one again. (Though there's one ending I'll never end up getting since it's basically impossible to get on any playthrough other than your first and is impossible on my file because Nepgear's lily rankings are too high.) It's overall the one I had the least issues with.
Alice wrote:Edit: After checking the Steam guide for the ending I'm definitely confused on how I failed to get the true ending. The only difference between it and the good ending is the six optional events and it specifically states that a dungeon I unlocked is the endpoint for getting the true ending.

I've gone over it multiple times and I really have no idea why I failed at the true ending. There's two sets of requirements for the true ending. The first is the requirements for the ending I actually got so that's verified. The second is the six optional events you can view in the optional dungeons. I definitely viewed all six because I made sure to fully explore all the dungeons that I got events in even after getting said events. And after getting all six of those events you unlock a specific dungeon, which I did. Only thing I can come up with is that it's actually impossible to get the true ending on your first cycle or something.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 15th, 2017, 3:36 am

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Wow, crap, sorry to hear that. Not really sure what else to say, except it was kinda dumb for Plutia to do...whatever she did :tundecided: . And that's coming from one of her fangirls, so yeah.

Spoilering this since it kinda is a spoiler:  Right when Neptune and Nepgear were getting ready to go back to Hyperdimension she tried to beg Neptune to stay and ended up tackling her into the pillar of light meaning she and Neptune ended up in their universe instead of Neptune and Nepgear. Then proceeded to blame that happening on Nepgear. To which Neptune didn't bother pointing out that it was in no way Nepgear's fault. Also really not a fan of Plutia doing her thing to Ram, Rom, and Uni. Not only are Ram and Rom actually quite young but it just seemed totally forced and Neptune just stood by and let it happen. The entire game has done a great job of making me think a lot less of Neptune and several incidents, but especially the ending, have made me like Plutia a lot less as well. 

Honestly? Sounds like something that'd happen with her. So I guess it wouldn't really change my opinion of her after all.

Also I'll admit I kinda...enjoy...the insanity of Iris Heart more than you do. Like, I actually rather...enjoyed...when she scarred chibi-Iffy for life Image...maybe I'm a terrible girl who's just about as bad as Iris Heart :tundecided: ? But yeah, I suppose, you know, if you're not already lost in Madame Goddess's slave roster, like I am, you wouldn't like all that, huh?

That's a rather strange bug to cause stability issues. I wonder why it happens.

I have no idea, either. My guess is...is...well, that the pointer used to find the price of an item, or whatever, gets messed up if it recently had a different price, like it would if you had just sold it, and it starts pointing at something that, because of some change in Windows, it's now not allowed to? I don't know! All I know is, I distinctly remember doing the "trade back and forth with good Barter" trick in Fallout to strip people of their buyable items as a girl (though I had instability issues back then, too; play for long enough and the game would crash), so I'm guessing it may have to do with either a difference in Fallout 2 or a difference in Windows over the years.

And speaking of stability issues, Re;Birth 3 is by far the least stable of the three. It still has the issue that the first two have where if you play long enough then enemies will manage to forget to take their turn, soft-locking the game. As with those this specific issue can be solved by setting the game's priority to realtime. However this game is still unstable even then and I almost always end my play sessions with the game crashing with the incredibly descriptive error "the application has crashed".

Sounds sorta like what happened with me. I mean, I had lost track of time that one time, so I'd been playing for a while. Also kinda sounds like the issues I sometimes had with Fallout 1 back in the day (and it's possible I may have them now, which is why I don't let Fallout or HDN sessions go on too long anymore).

Anyway, sorry to hear you didn't like Re;birth 3 or Plutia as much as I'd hoped :tsad: . But, I guess I can understand your reasons, at least.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 15th, 2017, 3:54 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:But yeah, I suppose, you know, if you're not already lost in Madame Goddess's slave roster, like I am, you wouldn't like all that, huh?

Yeah, that's not behavior I would tolerate from someone who calls me their friend. And I'm not one to keep quiet about it nor one to give into intimidation either so I'd seriously butt heads with Plutia.
I have no idea, either. My guess is...is...well, that the pointer used to find the price of an item, or whatever, gets messed up if it recently had a different price, like it would if you had just sold it, and it starts pointing at something that, because of some change in Windows, it's now not allowed to? I don't know! All I know is, I distinctly remember doing the "trade back and forth with good Barter" trick in Fallout to strip people of their buyable items as a girl (though I had instability issues back then, too; play for long enough and the game would crash), so I'm guessing it may have to do with either a difference in Fallout 2 or a difference in Windows over the years.

Might consider looking into the issue more. Could be a patch or something that'd fix it.
Anyway, sorry to hear you didn't like Re;birth 3 or Plutia as much as I'd hoped :tsad: . But, I guess I can understand your reasons, at least.

I'm not terribly surprised I didn't enjoy it as much as the second game. Despite its issues I enjoyed the second game a lot. Even if Neptune wasn't the protagonist this time around they'd have needed to do an exceptional job to make me like it as much or more than Re;Birth 2. But they kinda seriously dropped the ball on that to the point of managing to disappoint me (and by the end seriously piss me off) even when I wasn't expecting much to begin with.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 16th, 2017, 9:24 pm

I may go back to Re;Birth 2 after getting the true ending for Re;Birth 3 and get the rest of the endings. I mentioned in an earlier post that I was actually locked out of one ending on my file there due to my lily ranks being too high but I decided to have a look at Cheat Engine tables for Re;Birth 3 and found this as well as a similar one for Re;Birth 1 by the same person so there's probably one for Re;Birth 2 and they includes an option to modify lily ranks. I could just zero out Nepgear's rankings on my next cycle and get that missing ending then go on and shoot for the city endings.

According to this guide there's a fair few endings to get too. I need the human ending, all four city endings, and then the holy sword and conquest endings which are closely related apparently. I also might go ahead and do one more cycle of the first game as well to get the candidates and see what they add to the ending and such too. A cheat table would make dealing with shares a much smaller pain in the ass.
💙💙💙

Return to “General Perversion”