Video games! What have you been playing?

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
Speedless

Re: Video games! What have you been playing?

Postby Speedless » February 23rd, 2016, 5:36 am

So, uh... I was playing Tofu Tower, and...

I think I defeated a superboss by accident? XD (Not really by accident, but without realizing what was really going on.)

Details at eleven contained in the following spoiler.

I was maybe level 25-27, so I could comfortably fit five cards on the field a lot of the time. I climbed up to floor 31 (which I think I'd been to once before, maybe?), and then I noticed some text come up in the corner of the screen that said something like "You feel an intense/terrifying presence." (That really should have been the first red flag, since I've watched not one, not two, but THREE different LPs of Persona 3, so I'm no stranger to the idea of unusual dialogue indicating a randomly-appearing superboss.)

So I said to myself, "Hmm, I don't remember seeing that text before... I guess this is a boss floor or something." The stairs to the next floor spawned quite close to the floor entrance, so I decided to look around for the boss... and there it was, this big orange (rather than white) F.O.E. To which I promptly said "NOPE," paused to look over my cards, and then promptly said "You know what, I'm gonna do it!"

I approached the orange F.O.E., went into battle mode, and saw the image of the boss... and there was no little triangle in the corner telling me what its element was. That was even more ominous than seeing my first pink-element enemy; that was also the closest I came to realizing that this was no ordinary fight.

So I just attacked it with all five cards to see how much damage they'd do--and most of them did no more than a sliver of its health each. I was a little alarmed by that, but I just kept attacking it, and I kept drawing more Life Up cards, so I was able to use my strategy of tanking hits with Tofu's bigger health bar to protect my cards to wear it down. Eventually, it just went down--and only gave 300 or so experience to each card, pretty much the same as a regular enemy gives that high up in the tower.

At the end of that run, I went in the bestiary to look up this "boss floor boss," and it was right at the end. So yeah, I think that was actually a superboss, and I did not for a moment suspect it was until I saw where it went in the bestiary.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 28th, 2016, 4:21 am

I played Stardew Valley for a few hours yesterday. It's a pretty alright Harvest Moon clone. Though there are two major issues I have with it. The most overarching issue is that run speed is just absurd. If you enable autorun (or just always hold shift) you'd be moving about what I would consider walking speed. And if you hold shift with autorun enabled or don't hold it with it disabled you walk so slow it's just hilarious. You'll take 10-20 in-game minutes to cross one screen's worth of space while running. While walking it'd be an easy half hour.

The other issue is the annoying as hell intro quest. It's at least better than Harvest Moon's but it's still an "introduce yourself to everyone in town" quest. You at least get a map of town which labels houses for people as well as a social tab in your inventory which shows the sprites of anyone you haven't talked to. But it still took me four in-game days (of 15 I played last night) to actually hunt everyone down because one person wouldn't leave their bedroom for a long time (I ended up waiting outside her room for 3-1/2 in-game hours one day before she finally stopped staring at the damned wall) and then later on found out that shopkeepers actually do count for this quest. The caveat? You have to go around the counter and talk to them for it to count, otherwise you just activate their shop. That shouldn't be necessary. If it's your first time talking to them at all then it should be your introductions.

Also the Steam forums discussions on the game are hilarious. I went there looking for some info on the people I was missing for the intro quest. The top unstickied thread was someone complaining there wasn't any transgender options in the game. Apparently male and female characters (who you can put beards on even) aren't enough. Also apparently saying that the game has homosexual relationships is somehow offensive??? The person who said that was claiming the word homosexual is offensive which I really don't get. It's a descriptive word with no negative (or positive) intentions behind it. It'd be like a straight person taking offense to being called heterosexual.

Past that crap though the game's actually pretty fun. It's definitely very Harvest Moon-like though it also has a mine where you'll be doing a fair bit of fighting and if you want to upgrade your tools you'll either have to advance through the mines or buy materials from the blacksmith which would get rather expensive. (Just one copper bar is 1x coal+5x copper ore. Coal is $50 and copper ore is $100 from the shop. You need 5 bars for an upgrade and that's just the lowest level of ore too. Also you need 20x copper ore and 20x stone, which is easy to get even outside the mine, to even smelt them in the first place. That'd be $250 in coal, $2500 in copper for bars, $2000 in copper for the furnace, then the $2000 upgrade fee if you didn't just go mining yourself. I've only even earned a grand total of about $9k so far in the game.)
💙💙💙

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » March 2nd, 2016, 12:02 pm

Currently I have been playing Undertale. Currently having a "bad time."

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 2nd, 2016, 9:23 pm

Getting married in Stardew Valley is a rather absurd undertaking. There's a soft limit of one heart of relationship advancement per week. (Of ten needed.) Starting about a week into the game it took me until day 13 of autumn (there's 28 days per season) to advance one of the characters to ten hearts. This included giving her the weekly allotment of two gifts, both of which were always two of her favorite items, talking to her every single day which is a small boost (approximately two hearts worth if my friendship advancement with other characters in the same time period only through talking is anything to go by), and doing any quests that popped up for her. (Though that was only two.) Coincidentally the 13th of autumn is her birthday and that seems to reset your weekly gift allotment even if it's been less than a week which was convenient. Also on top of all that you have to buy a bouquet to start dating (not a big deal, it's 200gp at the general store which, coincidentally, was the place this npc lived anyways so it was really convenient for me, lol) then you have to wait for a rainy day and (some spoilers here in case people playing want to find out on their own)  go to the southeast portion of the beach which requires you to have spent 300 wood repairing the bridge to it (that's not an enormous amount but it's not a small amount either) then buy the mermaid pendant from the guy over there for 5,000gp.  From the time I started going for it until the time I succeeded there's actually nothing I could have done to have made it happen any quicker. The only thing that could have helped would be getting lucky with the quests that show up on the general store's bulletin board.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 2nd, 2016, 9:51 pm

Finished Kara No Shojo last night. I enjoyed it; it was a good game and it kept me on my toes quite a bit.

I was upset when Tojiko got captured and dismembered. I had actually gotten quite attached to her. :c
I was also sad that you never did find Toko in the true ending. But then again, I kind of hope she did die, cause it would be terrible to have to live life without any limbs. 
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 2nd, 2016, 10:09 pm

GlitchedGhost wrote:Finished Kara No Shojo last night. I enjoyed it; it was a good game and it kept me on my toes quite a bit.

I was upset when Tojiko got captured and dismembered. I had actually gotten quite attached to her. :c
I was also sad that you never did find Toko in the true ending. But then again, I kind of hope she did die, cause it would be terrible to have to live life without any limbs. 

Tojiko being unsaveable was one of the more difficult parts to deal with for me. It's why I never have actually gone and gotten the true ending, though I got all the others. Also I think her sex scene is one of the few that adds anything to the game purely because it's not as focused purely on sex as most others and only serves to try to get you even more attached to her. I also think that the scenes for both Toko's actually add something to the story as well. The messed up Toko because it serves to show just how far she's actually gone and the main Toko because it serves to flesh her out some. I think those three and Orihime's were the only ones that I actually thought fit in the game. Though I wouldn't call the one with Kyouko I think it was (the cafe owner, been awhile so I think I might actually have her name wrong) necessarily bad either. Irl I could totally see that one happening considering both her and the main character's circumstances. I just don't think it actually adds anything to the story in this case either though.

Also I wasn't actually aware you don't find Toko in the true ending. I guess that explains the sequel. Kinda a bit strange that there's another ending where you do actually find her, albeit with a bit less meat on her bones than she used to have. (But still alive.) 

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Edit: Help, the US government got a hold of my post and decided it was too sensitive for the public to see!
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 3rd, 2016, 1:44 am

Alice wrote: Tojiko being unsaveable was one of the more difficult parts to deal with for me. It's why I never have actually gone and gotten the true ending, though I got all the others. Also I think her sex scene is one of the few that adds anything to the game purely because it's not as focused purely on sex as most others and only serves to try to get you even more attached to her. I also think that the scenes for both Toko's actually add something to the story as well. The messed up Toko because it serves to show just how far she's actually gone and the main Toko because it serves to flesh her out some. I think those three and Orihime's were the only ones that I actually thought fit in the game. Though I wouldn't call the one with Kyouko I think it was (the cafe owner, been awhile so I think I might actually have her name wrong) necessarily bad either. Irl I could totally see that one happening considering both her and the main character's circumstances. I just don't think it actually adds anything to the story in this case either though.

Also I wasn't actually aware you don't find Toko in the true ending. I guess that explains the sequel. Kinda a bit strange that there's another ending where you do actually find her, albeit with a bit less meat on her bones than she used to have. (But still alive.) 

I'm a complete idiot and forgot about the second game. That really says something about my memory, doesn't it?
I agree with the first paragraph. And also, it's Kyoko, so you weren't super far off.

Yeah, you don't find Toko in the true ending, unfortunately. I'm thinking she's dead, but idk.
I'm hoping I didn't get endings mixed up.
When you do find her though, she dies. Doesn't she? 

Sounds like a plan. If you can't, I do have the torrented one I downloaded around the same time I did the first one. I don't think I checked to see if it worked, but I assume it should.

Edit: Help, the US government got a hold of my post and decided it was too sensitive for the public to see!

LMAO SERIOUSLY?

edit: erm it won't let me post anything with the hidden tag so I removed that and its contents. Why's that?

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 3rd, 2016, 9:04 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:And also, it's Kyoko, so you weren't super far off.

Closer than I was expecting, lol. Kyouko from Madoka is spelled with a U so I always end up spelling it that way.
 Yeah, you don't find Toko in the true ending, unfortunately. I'm thinking she's dead, but idk.
I'm hoping I didn't get endings mixed up.
When you do find her though, she dies. Doesn't she? 

I might be misremembering things but I don't think so. She survives, just with missing limbs. 
Sounds like a plan. If you can't, I do have the torrented one I downloaded around the same time I did the first one. I don't think I checked to see if it worked, but I assume it should.

Alrighty, I'll let you know when I get it.
LMAO SERIOUSLY?

Of course, don't you see how they've blacked everything out?
edit: erm it won't let me post anything with the hidden tag so I removed that and its contents. Why's that?

I'm not sure. It might be a permissions error but that sort of tag should be available for regular users. Maybe it's something with the tag itself. I'll have a look later.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 3rd, 2016, 6:46 pm

Alice wrote:Also the Steam forums discussions on the game are hilarious. I went there looking for some info on the people I was missing for the intro quest. The top unstickied thread was someone complaining there wasn't any transgender options in the game. Apparently male and female characters (who you can put beards on even) aren't enough.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if I didn't know any better, I'd say that's subtly transphobic. I'm sorry, but it kinda is. Erasure is something that people who are homophobic/transphobic/racist/sexist/whatever try to do, and complaining about other people complaining about the lack of options is erasure. Least, that's how I see it. I'm willing to listen to arguments saying that it's not, though, but for the record, claiming that it's not because industry standards would make this one of the first games with that option won't cut it. It was in our lifetimes that female PCs started being an option.

Also apparently saying that the game has homosexual relationships is somehow offensive??? The person who said that was claiming the word homosexual is offensive which I really don't get. It's a descriptive word with no negative (or positive) intentions behind it. It'd be like a straight person taking offense to being called heterosexual.

You're right about this though; this is dumb.

Past that crap though the game's actually pretty fun. It's definitely very Harvest Moon-like though it also has a mine where you'll be doing a fair bit of fighting and if you want to upgrade your tools you'll either have to advance through the mines or buy materials from the blacksmith which would get rather expensive. (Just one copper bar is 1x coal+5x copper ore. Coal is $50 and copper ore is $100 from the shop. You need 5 bars for an upgrade and that's just the lowest level of ore too. Also you need 20x copper ore and 20x stone, which is easy to get even outside the mine, to even smelt them in the first place. That'd be $250 in coal, $2500 in copper for bars, $2000 in copper for the furnace, then the $2000 upgrade fee if you didn't just go mining yourself. I've only even earned a grand total of about $9k so far in the game.)

I'm curious now if I'd enjoy it. I've never really played Harvest Moon, though.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 3rd, 2016, 7:43 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Maybe I'm crazy, but if I didn't know any better, I'd say that's subtly transphobic. I'm sorry, but it kinda is. Erasure is something that people who are homophobic/transphobic/racist/sexist/whatever try to do, and complaining about other people complaining about the lack of options is erasure. Least, that's how I see it. I'm willing to listen to arguments saying that it's not, though, but for the record, claiming that it's not because industry standards would make this one of the first games with that option won't cut it. It was in our lifetimes that female PCs started being an option.

It's really not exactly transphobic though. The overwhelming majority of players, transgender or not, fit just fine with the available options and it's extremely silly to complain about it when the game already goes a lot farther than most in the first place.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » March 4th, 2016, 2:07 am

Alice wrote: I might be misremembering things but I don't think so. She survives, just with missing limbs. 

I honestly can't remember now.

EarthPhantomTS wrote:
Alice wrote:Also apparently saying that the game has homosexual relationships is somehow offensive??? The person who said that was claiming the word homosexual is offensive which I really don't get. It's a descriptive word with no negative (or positive) intentions behind it. It'd be like a straight person taking offense to being called heterosexual.

You're right about this though; this is dumb.

I've seen this trend on Tumblr. I don't understand it.

chridd

Postby chridd » March 8th, 2016, 3:24 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:
Alice wrote:Also the Steam forums discussions on the game are hilarious. I went there looking for some info on the people I was missing for the intro quest. The top unstickied thread was someone complaining there wasn't any transgender options in the game. Apparently male and female characters (who you can put beards on even) aren't enough.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if I didn't know any better, I'd say that's subtly transphobic. I'm sorry, but it kinda is. Erasure is something that people who are homophobic/transphobic/racist/sexist/whatever try to do, and complaining about other people complaining about the lack of options is erasure. Least, that's how I see it. I'm willing to listen to arguments saying that it's not, though, but for the record, claiming that it's not because industry standards would make this one of the first games with that option won't cut it. It was in our lifetimes that female PCs started being an option.
My attempt at an argument that the lack of a transgender option isn't problematic, going only from what's in the thread (I'm not familiar with the game, so maybe there's something that does make it problematic that I don't know about):
A game that has a choice of gender for a character doesn't need a transgender option because "transgender" isn't a different gender. Therefore, you could play a trans woman/trans girl by telling the game "female", and then knowing that that character has or used to have a male body (which you'd have to do for any other trait a character might have that there isn't an option for) (or perhaps add some male appearance characteristics, if you want). Or, if the mechanics where the choice of male vs. female matters are things relating to physical sex, and your character hasn't had a sex change, then you could tell the game "male" but know they identify as female and have them do feminine activities and give them feminine appearance. (And similarly for playing as a trans man/trans boy.)
(This of course only applies to binary transgender characters; allowing agender, androgynous, gender-fluid, third-gender, etc. characters could still be an issue.)

(A question that came up while I was trying to think of more arguments for this: When a binary transgender person wants to play as a character similar to themself, do they tend to want to play as a transgender person who shares their gender, or a cisgender person who shares their gender, or is there too much variation for there to be a typical answer to this question? If the latter, then that's another reason giving a transgender option isn't as important as it might at first seem.)

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 8th, 2016, 3:39 am

chridd wrote:(A question that came up while I was trying to think of more arguments for this: When a binary transgender person wants to play as a character similar to themself, do they tend to want to play as a transgender person who shares their gender, or a cisgender person who shares their gender, or is there too much variation for there to be a typical answer to this question? If the latter, then that's another reason giving a transgender option isn't as important as it might at first seem.)

Personally I always play a female character when given the choice and tend to shy away from male characters at all. For the transgender people I personally know, I know that they tend towards the same general trends. Transgirls predominantly play female characters and transguys predominantly play male characters.

Even if you only consider transgender players it's actually going to be perfectly fine in the vast majority of cases. there are very few binary transgender people who would want to play a transgender character and nonbinary players are in an extremely minuscule minority since they're a small minority in an already small minority group. So it's a bit weird to take offense to it just coming from that point of view since the author was clearly trying to be inclusive. And coming from another point of view including a transgender option in character creation could actually get taken wrong by those transgender people who would be perfectly fine with just male and female character choices and thus cause offense that way too.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 8th, 2016, 4:54 am

Alice wrote:
chridd wrote:(A question that came up while I was trying to think of more arguments for this: When a binary transgender person wants to play as a character similar to themself, do they tend to want to play as a transgender person who shares their gender, or a cisgender person who shares their gender, or is there too much variation for there to be a typical answer to this question? If the latter, then that's another reason giving a transgender option isn't as important as it might at first seem.)

Personally I always play a female character when given the choice and tend to shy away from male characters at all. For the transgender people I personally know, I know that they tend towards the same general trends. Transgirls predominantly play female characters and transguys predominantly play male characters.

Well, I'm actually the same way. I'll admit, I'm a bit disappointed with games that only have male PCs, like Dragon Quest VI (I realize that's endemic to the SNES era, but Dragon Quest III and IV allowed you to play a female Hero, even on the NES (okay, I don't know if DWIV NES gave that choice, but DWIII did. Frankly though, I have no intention of playing DWIV NES anytime soon, though, because of certain...battle system choices in that version that I greatly disapprove of, but I digress), so to me, it seems weird that the Prince of Sombra can only be...well, a prince).

And coming from another point of view including a transgender option in character creation could actually get taken wrong by those transgender people who would be perfectly fine with just male and female character choices and thus cause offense that way too.

Okay, this is a good point!
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 8th, 2016, 2:26 pm

Another thing to actually consider is the complexity and design problems adding that options to the system creates as well. Just adding one single transgender option doesn't really work since there's so many nonbinary things that would need to be included. You'd have to consider pronouns, appearance, and it provides a fairly big design challenge because it's not going to be clear what sort of designs should be provided either. On the programming side of things this would make a reasonably simple system a shit load more complex thus opening up the door for a lot of issues caused by it.

For the physical design this is something that'd actually work better in 3d games like Saints Row. They can simplify it by just having a slider with female on one side and male on the other then all the characters always refer to your character in a neutral fashion regardless of what you've chosen. With sprites though that's not really possible.
💙💙💙

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » March 20th, 2016, 7:01 pm

I'm really feeling Xenoblade Chronicles. Kinda reminds me of a better Tales of game. Never played Xenogears, or Xenosaga
A man of many voices

Rhihad

Postby Rhihad » March 22nd, 2016, 8:14 pm

While waiting for Dark Souls 3 to be released I got myself in a pickle. First of all I had played Stardew Valley for roughly 70+ hours, but still had plenty left to do in it (I'm a bit of a completionist and feel horrible leaving stuff incomple). But then I heard about Salt & Sanctuary and being a huge fan of the Souls-series, I had to get this. And now I can't get myself to play any other games... To top that off... I have over 100 hours in Xenoblade Chronicles X and should wrap that up as well... There's just not enough hours in a day. I need to retire to have time for all the games in my life. Oh and stop having a life in the first place.

Speedless

Postby Speedless » March 23rd, 2016, 2:28 am

SLLLIIIIIDE PUZZLLLLLES!!

... I went back to playing Pokemon Reborn. Thankfully, it occurred to me partway into the second slide puzzle in the Agate Circus that I could take screenshots of the finished puzzles, so I'll never have to wonder "what even is this supposed to look like!?" again! :biggrin: ... For the three I did that with, at least.

Oh, and there's this battle where you fight a total of ten Pokemon with a not-especially-helpful AI partner, which I squeaked through somehow after ten or twenty tries. It is becoming increasingly clear that it would have been smart to pretend for a good while that there wasn't any more plot after Luna's Gym and take some time to just chill and breed/EV train/grow berries/etc. But maybe now that I don't have the luxury of breeding and whatnot, I'll remember to appreciate the Mons I get as they are...?

In other news, I don't particularly appreciate the Smogon Strategy Pokedex's tone when it comes to the lower-end Pokemon. Of course I'm not thinking of seriously using a Castform or Luvdisc in an endgame competitive battle, but maybe Castform, which is an early-game trade in Reborn, would be useful in-game, where the opponents aren't all fully evolved and competitive-ready. I just can't believe that there are no Smogon users who'd jump at the chance to school their friends with Luvdisc and share their knowledge on the subject with posterity!

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 26th, 2016, 5:39 am

Been playing Bravely Second for a while, and I'm right at the part where I need to choose between Swordmaster and Summoner. Ordinarily, this would be a no-brainer for me (Summoner FTW <3 <3 <3!), but I heard there were some pretty bad glitches with getting Summoner first. Looked it up, though, and it seems they're related to the "first" ending with taking Summoner, which won't play in the US version (and there's a lot of drama about it, because they took out pretty much all the "bad" endings to the sidequests...personally I still care more about the graphical changes because Sarko and idiots on Tumblr and such. As if I needed another reason to conquer the world...but I digress). Maybe they removed it to fix those bugs, maybe it's a lucky accident (as I said, ALL the "bad" endings pretty much were removed!), but either way, I'm relieved! Though there's still the bug with losing the initial summon in NG+ if you transferred jobs, but not items (apparently Hresvelgr is treated as an "item" for this purpose, or something? That's my guess anyway :tundecided:), but since I'll be transferring everything the game will allow, that's not an issue.

Incidentally, I wonder what asterisk I'd have in Bravely Default's world, if I were an asterisk bearer (though cynical souls would probably match me with DeRosa/Red Mage. Though I guess it's not *too* bad, hee hee Image! Especially since,  in Bravely Second, he's reformed, and is now trying to solve the energy crisis, essentially ).

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 26th, 2016, 6:47 am

I've been playing a shit load of Factorio lately. It's actually really fun to try and work up a fully automated factory. I have like 60 hours into my current world. I've almost got all the research done and my factory is basically fully automated. My big issue at this point is I need a lot more power. Laser turrets require an absolutely ridiculous amount of power and for some reason there's no endgame power plant. You start with access to steam engines and eventually you unlock solar panels (which are about 1/10th the power of a steam engine and only work during the day but don't spew pollution) and accumulators which store up to 1% of a steam engine's excess power each for use later when it's needed. But a single laser turret can use up 5 max capacity steam engines of power when firing constantly. And the world I'm in is extremely dangerous when it comes to enemies so I need a lot of laser turrets to actually keep them from overrunning my factory. I only have 70 laser turrets currently placed with another 80 or so in my inventory that I need to place and my current power production caps out at just barely providing enough power for those laser turrets I've already placed.

It's a kinda ridiculous setup though. I have 250 steam engines providing a total of 127.5 megawatts of power (+5 megawatts from 84 solar panels) and a thousand accumulators providing 5 gigajoules of power. From my understanding a joule is basically storage of a watt. So 5 gigajoules of power means that my accumulators can provide up to 5 gigawatts of power (at an output rate of up to 300 kilowatts each or 16.4 seconds of power at max load) before being drained. This sounds like a lot but my factory idles at 40 megawatts of usage on top of the 175 megawatts the laser turrets can use up when firing. So it's nowhere near adequate.

You can just barely see me in the upper right (actually a bit above the middle right) of this for reference of scale but this is 1.5 gigajoules worth of accumulator storage. And most of my steam engine layouts are similarly sized for only like 20-30 megawatts of power. And of course the more space I use up for steam engines and accumulators the more space I have to defend from enemies. There really needs to be an endgame, or at least late-game, power source.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » May 7th, 2016, 5:47 pm

rip I'm trying to complete the national dex on Pokemon Y
So far just been going through each route, catching the Pokemon I need and the evolving them

Speedless

Postby Speedless » May 10th, 2016, 3:42 am

Tofu Tower's most recent update really makes backtracking through cleared floors a lot nicer. I'm mainly still playing to see if there are any other cards, but getting to floor 60 is proving to be a scary thing to attempt. Even L20+ versions of the highest-level cards, with elemental advantages, don't seem to do much damage to enemies past floor 50, and those same enemies can take out just about any card in one hit. Not being able to see how many cards I have left doesn't help my uncertainty. I usually leave the tower after getting through floor 52 or 53, just because it doesn't feel like the next floor could possibly go well enough to count on. Then again, being defeated only means you don't get any cards from that trip, which isn't too bad...

In other news, I just discovered the wonder of Pickup Ambipom. It's the only Pokemon that has an experience curve easier than what Bulbapedia calls "Medium-Fast" (the million-point one), and that means it needs about 150,000 fewer experience points to get to the best Pickup tier at L91 than Pokemon like Linoone and Pachirisu do. Even at really low levels, the level-grinding feels a lot faster.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 13th, 2016, 8:18 pm

Doom 4 is a lot better than I was fearing it'd be. It actually feels more or less like a modern Doom instead of some Doom-themed horror game like Doom 3. Runs surprisingly well too. My graphics card is the recommended card on its Steam page yet it runs fine at the max possible settings that it'll let me use (minus depth of field and motion blur because fuck dof and motion blur and both shadows and texture caching are at the second highest options because they require 5gb of vram when my card only has 4gb) with the worst framerate I've seen yet only being a drop down to the 50-52 range. And that at 2560x1440 resolution and using the highest antialiasing settings.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » May 17th, 2016, 6:23 pm

Alice wrote:Doom 4 is a lot better than I was fearing it'd be. It actually feels more or less like a modern Doom instead of some Doom-themed horror game like Doom 3. Runs surprisingly well too. My graphics card is the recommended card on its Steam page yet it runs fine at the max possible settings that it'll let me use (minus depth of field and motion blur because fuck dof and motion blur and both shadows and texture caching are at the second highest options because they require 5gb of vram when my card only has 4gb) with the worst framerate I've seen yet only being a drop down to the 50-52 range. And that at 2560x1440 resolution and using the highest antialiasing settings.

Really? Cause I just found out there weren't any review copies for the game, and Bethesda's excuse was shitty at best, since they DID have multiplayer ready! So that's usually a very bad sign.

Not that I really care about it; I never understood the appeal of FPSes. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something there. I'm probably the only one, though, since apparently they're one of the most popular genres now, with even RPGs getting in on that sort of thing (which is why I haven't played Mass Effect yet, despite having it on good authority that it's a game series that does sex right (from a feminist standpoint; also, "good authority" = "Horikawa recommended it, and that's good enough for me")). But I'm just not one for them. Also, Bethesda is probably the only company worse than Ubisoft when it comes to releasing obvious betas and trying to patch them up later. Seriously, they could easily do that "Leave FOV Slider off the options page, and release a Day 0 patch adding it in legit copies to punish pirates" trick Ubisoft did with Far Cry 4 even more seamlessly than Ubisoft! So I don't understand why people still pre-order Bethesda's games.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 17th, 2016, 6:43 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Really? Cause I just found out there weren't any review copies for the game, and Bethesda's excuse was shitty at best, since they DID have multiplayer ready! So that's usually a very bad sign.

Yeah, Bethesda's excuse was complete bullshit. It probably stemmed from the fact the multiplayer beta got nearly nothing but negative reviews and is still by far the worst part of the game. (Not that that affects me since I don't play multiplayer.) The game isn't perfect by any means but it's legitimately good. It's nice to have a Doom sequel that actually feels like Doom rather than some Doom-themed horror game.
Not that I really care about it; I never understood the appeal of FPSes. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something there. I'm probably the only one, though, since apparently they're one of the most popular genres now, with even RPGs getting in on that sort of thing (which is why I haven't played Mass Effect yet, despite having it on good authority that it's a game series that does sex right (from a feminist standpoint; also, "good authority" = "Horikawa recommended it, and that's good enough for me")). But I'm just not one for them. Also, Bethesda is probably the only company worse than Ubisoft when it comes to releasing obvious betas and trying to patch them up later. Seriously, they could easily do that "Leave FOV Slider off the options page, and release a Day 0 patch adding it in legit copies to punish pirates" trick Ubisoft did with Far Cry 4 even more seamlessly than Ubisoft! So I don't understand why people still pre-order Bethesda's games.

I'm not a huge fan of fps games either. I dislike the Call of Duty and Battlefield series, don't care about TF2 in the least bt, and I think the Half-life series sucks. Doom is the main fps series I like. I also like Portal, though that's less fps than fpp (first person puzzle), and while I haven't played it in a long ass time I also enjoyed Left 4 Dead and its sequel.

Normally when I play a game it's a puzzle game, platformer, visual novel, or a 4x or other strategy type game such as Factorio.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » May 18th, 2016, 12:37 am

https://youtu.be/XZh0jljYcm0
I'm about a third of the way done :o

Glitch

Postby Glitch » May 31st, 2016, 6:00 am

Got another third done - have 198 Pokemon left, not including event-only legendaries (makes it 205), which I have most of them already!
Gotta also pull out some Pokemon from the bank tomorrow to fill in slots, especially legendaries from previous titles, which'll bump up the total a bit.
516 total caught Pokemon out of 721 total = 72% done! Almost three-quarters of the way there! c:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZe-yfJS5Es

Glitch

Postby Glitch » June 5th, 2016, 2:57 am

Look what I finished!
https://youtu.be/uOfAdPySO_g

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » June 5th, 2016, 3:19 am

I went and replayed Kindred Spirits recently. (Which I'd been planning since I first played it and hadn't gotten around to.) I decided to play everything in a linear fashion instead of the non-linear fashion it's presented as you're unlocking stuff. There's a few bits which end up being fairly big spoilers but it's surprising just how well it flows.
GlitchedGhost wrote:Look what I finished!

I dunno how people can manage that, lol. The closest I've ever come was like 148/150 on the original series and that run was cut short by my cartridge's battery dying on me.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » June 5th, 2016, 3:24 am

Alice wrote:I dunno how people can manage that, lol. The closest I've ever come was like 148/150 on the original series and that run was cut short by my cartridge's battery dying on me.

I have no idea how I managed to do it. Took 125 hours in-game time (115 on Y). Honestly just the fact I was so determined to do it was probably the reason I finished it.
The GTS also helped immensely.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » June 6th, 2016, 4:18 pm

One of my friends bought me Danganronpa because he thought I'd be interested in it so I played that a bit yesterday. Does actually seem pretty interesting.

Game has a few issues though. The cursor system is apparently a bit buggy at times. So far I've accidentally gone through a door advancing the story when my cursor was over a person and examined an object on the opposite side of the room I was in somehow. Also they could give info a bit better at times. The new game's difficulty menu needs some actual explanation. Like the difficulties are clearly meant to be easy mode, normal mode, and hard mode. But they don't explain how these difficulty settings affect the game nor do they explain what the two types of difficulty (logic and action) actually govern. Can't really make an informed choice here without having any information and it looks like I can't go change my mind later without starting over entirely. Also the game makes some weird choices with when to give information at times. Ie: You can get 4-5 of the bear coins that are the game's money before you reach the point that it can explain what they are because the explanation is tied to entering the student store rather than when you get a coin.

Past those complaints though it seems pretty interesting so far. The game reminds my friend a lot of Persona and I can see why, though it's definitely still very different.
💙💙💙

metasomnia

Postby metasomnia » July 26th, 2016, 9:21 pm

Since I got stable internet back, I went and downloaded a whole bunch of games (including some games I had a while ago that got wiped which I never managed to finish). The last week or so I've been trying to catch up on my YouTube backlog and now I haven't the faintest clue what I was going to play :/

Choices!
Have a literal signature:

Aposke
Location: Take my post count and subtract 400. That's how many good posts I've made

Postby Aposke » July 27th, 2016, 1:38 pm

I fell for the Overwatch meme.

...10 hours within 2 days. S-send help

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » July 27th, 2016, 2:37 pm

Aposke wrote:I fell for the Overwatch meme.

...10 hours within 2 days. S-send help

What do you think of Widowmaker? Doesn't she have a nice ass Image?

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » July 27th, 2016, 10:09 pm

I've been playing Starbound a bunch since it left early access. It's still a very flawed game but it's at least not exceptionally boring like it was even a few months ago.The last part of the game feels like the dev just totally lost interest in it or something and there's a lot of issues with stuff like weapon/armor balance where your own weapons and armor are going to feel very underpowered compared to those of your enemies.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » July 28th, 2016, 7:00 am

At least building in Starbound is pretty fun. They could really do with expanding the furniture and blocks tabs of your inventory by at least 1-2 rows though. Having a limited inventory doesn't really seem to actually do anything at all for the game when you're just playing normally and on top of that with the sheer amount of furniture and different blocks you can use to build with, 28 slots isn't much at all. 35-42 slots would be far better. It'd also make self-assigned quests such as mining entire apex facilities (which is where I got most of the stuff for this building) a lot less of a pain in the ass. An entire apex facility is almost enough to fill your block tab if you started with it empty. But it's enough to fill your furniture tab 2-3x over because there's such a wide variety of items.
💙💙💙

Aposke
Location: Take my post count and subtract 400. That's how many good posts I've made

Postby Aposke » July 29th, 2016, 11:25 pm

I prefer Tracer's ass personally, but

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » August 7th, 2016, 2:29 am

Currently playing: Final Fantasy VII. I know a lot of people here don't like it, but I do Image! Though I'm at one of my least favorite parts of the game, the Great Glacier. Honestly, I don't like navigating it, I don't like how you randomly collapse (okay, I know it's not random, but...), I don't like the Snowfield room. Only thing I do like about it is getting Added Cut materia and Circlets. At least Gaea's Cliff is one of my favorite areas Image!

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » August 7th, 2016, 10:28 am

Anyone who likes Metroid games should consider giving this a try. Seems quite decent in my small time with it so far.

Also started a LttP randomized run. It seems I got weirdly lucky and got the vast majority of the mobility items by the end of the first dungeon. The hammer and hookshot were some of the first items I got followed by the flippers and second level power gloves then pegasus boots. Only things I really need before I can go absolutely anywhere are the book of Mudora and magic mirror. With those I'll be able to access anywhere except the dark swamp. That requires the ocarina and I'm unsure where I'll get that since the hammer was where the ocarina normally is.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » August 10th, 2016, 8:05 pm

Alice wrote:Anyone who likes Metroid games should consider giving this a try. Seems quite decent in my small time with it so far.

So, umm...any chance someone will give Nintendo the middle finger and reupload it somewhere? Cause I'm getting sick and tired of all this shit :angry: , and it's distracting me to think about this when trying to do sexy stuffs.

I mean, I doubt it, highly so, but still...I can wish, can't I?

Well, in brighter, but completely unrelated news, I've started on a game called Legend of Legacy. It's...well, it's kinda like the SaGa games, if anyone's familiar with those. I don't really have much else to say, since I just started, except I'm playing with the sexy alchemist girl first Image!

Return to “General Perversion”