Video games! What have you been playing?

General off-topic stuffs goes here.
Alice
⦂☽

Re: Video games! What have you been playing?

Postby Alice » October 25th, 2017, 5:24 pm

I picked up Doki Doki Literature Club since it's free and apparently the "psychological horror" tag on it isn't a joke one. It's turning out surprisingly interesting so far. Game presents itself as very bright and optimistic but it definitely has some strange stuff in it. I've just gotten my first ending and I can definitely say it lives up to the tag.
💙💙💙

Griflion

Postby Griflion » November 1st, 2017, 1:49 pm

to be honest, it's quite difficult to make a competitive AI that doesn't cheat in some kinda of way

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 4th, 2017, 6:15 am

I was bored so I decided to try a Link to the Past randomizer run. I've had some uh... Interesting luck so far. I've gotten four heart containers, 5 heart pieces, the sword, the blue tunic (second item I obtained), the flute (first item I obtained), the ether and bombos medallions, bombs, hammer, mirror, a bottle, giants gloves, and flippers. (Along with like 1200 rupees and a metric fuckload of bombs from chests...) I'm running out of places to try to advance. I can't advance in the eastern palace without having a lightsource, I can't advance in the tower of Hera without the lantern or fire rod so I can get the big key (which I think is in fact in the exact same chest it usually is, lol), and I can't even enter the desert palace since I don't have the book of Mudora. I think my only possible option right now may be to get to the warp about Kakariko from the lost woods using the hammer and seeing what I can obtain there. Though being even more defenseless than I was before I found the hammer and sword (plus ether medallion, a stack of bombs, and a heart container all in the same room...) is going to be fun.

If I at least could find the moon pearl I'd be able to get a fair bit more done since I can enter the central/eastern portion of the dark world through the warp near the eastern palace. (Which should give me access to most of the dark world other than the swamp and Death Mountain.) But it's surrounded by posts on the dark world side so I'm stuck without the moon pearl.

Edit: And shortly after this I find another bottle and the red freaking tunic. With all these heart containers and tunics I guess I don't need to worry about taking damage...

Edit2: Then I pay 500 rupees for a pack of bombs from the big zora and subsequently find out that the forest warp I mentioned is an invalid choice. Apparently you can't even freaking pick up bushes in bunny form...

Edit3: But then I find the lantern, titan's mitt, a heart container, and a heart piece (completing another heart container) in a cave I overlooked. That helps a lot. I should be able to finish the eastern palace and tower of Hera now and I think I should be able to get into the desert palace now as well.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 6th, 2017, 4:59 pm

Picked up Danganronpa again, now that Overwatch's Halloween event is over. I'm up to the second class trial.

Man, I liked Ryoma. God damn this game. D:<
I probably won't remember everything I was thinking about last night, but I'll list out what I do.
Just investigating and seeing the Monokuma file, it's obvious that Ryoma didn't die via the piranhas. Considering he was last seen alive around 8pm, it was obvious he died between then and the magic show.
Which puts whoever it was that doesn't have an alibi at that time under suspicion. I'm not entirely sure who did it at this point.
I'm guessing Ryoma was killed by drowning in the prison room. But it leads me to wonder how the person got the handcuffs on him, since we've seen he's quite agile. Was... he willing to put the handcuffs on? Did he get someone to kill him?
His body was transported from the window in the prison room to the pool, and then from the pool to the stage. The piranhas were more crowded the next day, so he was obviously in there in the morning. Why didn't the piranhas eat him then?
I'm not exactly sure what happened in the pool. There's that scrap of fabric and the innertube, obviously used for something.
Maybe he drowned in the pool instead? Or in the piranha tank?
ImageImageImage
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 6th, 2017, 11:11 pm

Well, glad to see I was mostly right on this one, at least with how the crime was committed.
I was wondering last night if it was Kirumi who had done it (among others), but I wasn't sure at the time. Now seeing what happened, and her seeing her motive video... I can understand why.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 6th, 2017, 11:55 pm

Glitch wrote:Well, glad to see I was mostly right on this one, at least with how the crime was committed.
I was wondering last night if it was Kirumi who had done it (among others), but I wasn't sure at the time. Now seeing what happened, and her seeing her motive video... I can understand why.

The scrap in the pool was the one thing that made me certain it was Kirumi. Though it took me up until the prison room part of the investigation to actually narrow down exactly what that scrap of cloth was.

It was certainly an interesting case though. Not really how I'd have expected it to turn out.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 7th, 2017, 5:34 am

Alice wrote:The scrap in the pool was the one thing that made me certain it was Kirumi. Though it took me up until the prison room part of the investigation to actually narrow down exactly what that scrap of cloth was.

It was certainly an interesting case though. Not really how I'd have expected it to turn out.

For whatever reason my brain couldn't put together what the innertube and scrap of fabric were for/from.

I agree! I quite enjoyed that case, and I'm still proud of myself for solving the basic just of it.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 7th, 2017, 7:46 am

Glitch wrote:For whatever reason my brain couldn't put together what the innertube and scrap of fabric were for/from.

I agree! I quite enjoyed that case, and I'm still proud of myself for solving the basic just of it.

Yeah, that kinda happened for me at first too. I was sitting there racking my brain trying to figure it out and decided to just deal with the prison room and put it off for later. Right around the time I examined the sink though it just clicked for me that the scrap was some part of the clothing of the culprit which actually narrowed it down to only Kirumi and Ryoma. And since Ryoma's clothes didn't seem to be a noteworthy thing and there wouldn't be a totally useless clue the only option was Kirumi.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 8th, 2017, 6:12 pm

Alice wrote:Yeah, that kinda happened for me at first too. I was sitting there racking my brain trying to figure it out and decided to just deal with the prison room and put it off for later. Right around the time I examined the sink though it just clicked for me that the scrap was some part of the clothing of the culprit which actually narrowed it down to only Kirumi and Ryoma. And since Ryoma's clothes didn't seem to be a noteworthy thing and there wouldn't be a totally useless clue the only option was Kirumi.

For me, it took actually being in the class trial and going along till that part it came up to actually realize.

Also, I can see why you like Maki.
ULTIMATE ASSASSIN, GO. She just because like 100x cooler.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 9th, 2017, 2:21 am

Glitch wrote:Also, I can see why you like Maki.
ULTIMATE ASSASSIN, GO. She just because like 100x cooler.

She turns out to be quite an awesome character. Better than I expected too, lol.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 12th, 2017, 5:54 pm

This happened.

Thanks, Kiyo.
ImageImageImage

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » November 13th, 2017, 5:13 am

Glitch wrote:This happened.

Thanks, Kiyo.

It's kinda strange how maxing relationships nets you freaking underwear, lol. Especially considering that most of the time it literally is just friendship and nothing more.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » November 13th, 2017, 5:25 am

Thanks, Kiyo.

Well...don't know how that happened, but do you feel like a lucky guy for that happening :pwink: ? Cause I'd certainly feel like a lucky girl Image!
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Glitch

Postby Glitch » November 14th, 2017, 10:42 pm

Update:

Alice wrote:It's kinda strange how maxing relationships nets you freaking underwear, lol. Especially considering that most of the time it literally is just friendship and nothing more.

Yeah, I have no idea. I guess for the comedy?

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Well...don't know how that happened, but do you feel like a lucky guy for that happening :pwink: ? Cause I'd certainly feel like a lucky girl Image!

I guess so, lmao. It's more I just maxed friendship, and then you get  underpants .
ImageImageImage

Speedless

Postby Speedless » November 16th, 2017, 10:55 pm

Since last I posted, I 100%ed MaGMML2. The Noble Nickel rewards kept feeling quite rewarding once I actually achieved them (if not during the two long dry spells before the last two rewards), though I'm wondering why the 170-Nickel reward was only made available to two of the costumes.

The various challenges and special events all turned out not to be prohibitively difficult (of course, I just threw E-Tanks at some of the more intense fights). Even in the Arenas, I could actually tell that my boss strategies and techniques were improving between attempts, and on my winning runs, I made it through comfortably, without using up all of the resources the game offered me. Doing the final Arena buster-only was not as scary as I expected, as I did the buster-only run  after clearing it normally so I could be a Super Saiyan,  but dodging the bosses still wasn't easy, and health was in pretty short supply--especially after a silly thing happened partway through:  Super Mode gives you an outrageously powerful charge shot that hits multiple times. Which, naturally, I charged up in the waiting room like a dumb, then proceeded to fire off like a dumb, obliterating more than half of the 1-Ups left in the dispenser.  Even then, I still won without it getting too tense.

Also, the green teleporter in the dojo that lets you refight bosses made practicing them a lot quicker. However, the menu for the boss refights is a lot more time-consuming than it has any right to be, because you can neither hold an arrow key to go faster nor press Left to move directly from the far-left to the far-right. Since it always starts the cursor in the top-left, while most of the bosses you'd want to practice are on the far-right, they could have saved us maybe 30 or 40 more key presses to get to the endgame and postgame bosses if they'd let us jump between the ends of the menu.

But other than that, it was a nice, solid game. The levels are mostly a good time, though some (particularly a certain couple of the final levels) were dangerously long and/or precise, and if you liked the writing in the first MaGMML, well, I'd say the sequel is a natural follow-up.

Alice wrote:I was bored so I decided to try a Link to the Past randomizer run. I've had some uh... Interesting luck so far.

And after hearing so much talk about randomized Zelda (including this post and the Zelda 1 randomizer race over at ParmaJon's Pizza Palace), I figured I'd look into randomized Zelda Classic quests. The one I chose has a whole bunch of options; not being entirely sure what the "proper" Randomizer Experience would be (or what some of the options would even do), I made conservative choices and ended up with basically just the first quest with shops, treasures, and rupee amounts randomized.

The sword cave had the Hammer in it, and I bought the Magic Sword for 73 rupees soon after. The randomizer was not kind to Secrets to Everybody (10, 30, and 100 rupees turned into 6, 20-something, and 80-something, respectively), and there's a new shop where everything costs 170+ rupees, but that Money Making Game right by the sword cave helped with my late-game money issues. At this point, I've done every dungeon except 6 and 9 (Wizzrobes, man), but the game added a second treasure to dungeons that had only one in the original game, and I don't have the slightest idea where the new treasure in Level 5 could be.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 3rd, 2017, 2:23 pm

Picked up The End Is Nigh because it was on sale and I'd had my eye on it for awhile. It's fairly fun but holy god damn shit is the third world FRUSTRATING. The water portions of the world were fine, didn't really mind them much and they didn't feel as awful as I was expecting. It was the polluted water and the stupid gas clouds though that were intolerable. I couldn't figure out how to reach half the stupid extra shit in that world (actually a lot more than half. The map for that world looked far more like the exact opposite of the first two worlds where I was missing only like 3-4 things at most each) because even when I was just focusing on getting through the levels as quickly as possible so I didn't die to the stupid gas/pollution time limits I still struggled to get through fast enough.

Might've kept playing even after that but then the shitty cartridge I got at the end of the world pissed me off. First half was quite fun and enjoyable. The second half was an utter god damned fucking nightmare. And I lost my last life on my last continue literally two inches from the god damned goal. (I'm seriously not even exaggerating. I was like 4 tiles from it and died because of the shitty pollution because you're expected to somehow get through that stupid shitty spike corridor in a very short amount of time without constantly running into the spikes despite it being one of the most cramped places in the game so far.)

Even the iron cartridge (Denial I think the title was) I found and have around half my deaths in is more fun than that garbage. Though that's kinda unfair because despite not beating it yet I actually enjoy that cartridge. Biggest reason I haven't beaten it is because both times I've played the game I spent a fair amount of time on that cartridge and it kinda screwed up my wrist. I think I only have one or two screens left though. Ended on a screen where you had to jump between two sets of blocks rotating around. (One or two screens to the left of the point where you move up a screen.)
💙💙💙

Return to “General Perversion”