29%
FireRed
14%

Total votes: 7

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Interest Checking for bad lps

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 14th, 2015, 10:17 pm

Not really sure which subforum this should go into, but I was thinking about doing something and didn't think twitter thread would get attention.

If you want to skip everything below: would you like to see a text based/phone camera maybe nuzlocke lp?

A while ago I did a White 1 nuzlocke and... kinda failed horribly. (A nuzlocke, if you don't know, is a set of self-imposed rules, where A) you can only catch the first pokemon you encounter on a route, and B) any pokemon that faints is considered "dead" and can't be used again). I've been meaning to clean up its postgame and start a white 2 locke.... for about 3 months now. I wanna put some fire under me so I actually do it, maybe after I finish what I'm currently playing (Kirby mostly, which will likely be a couple weeks).

I have no recording software, screenshots from my phone would even maybe probably be an if (it'd be hard to find a background that isn't gross or super personal at 3 am when I'm usually awake for this kind of stuff). But would anyone be interested in a good old-fashioned text forum lp?

I've yet to win a nuzzlocke so I guess there's not a lot of point to me trying something like a genderless/gay wedlocke or something revolutionary (normal wedlocke > catches are paired into couples with opposite gender (no genderless pokemon), and can only switch with their mate; genderless would disregard the requirements of opposite sex teamlets but still have the teamlets, gay would mean only males with males, females females, but could permit genderless pokemon with genderless pokemon). But I'm willing to experiment with those or other kinds of lockes if there's something you'd like, to be interesting.

There are some clauses I'd force my hand on, though - dupes clause (no two of the same evolutionary line) stops things from getting boring, and I box deaths, not release, because I'm a sentimental ****. I'd be catching the legendaries too (not to use; the point is catching legends for trade fodder ultimately), and shiney clause goes without saying. I'd also trade in a masterball early game in case of shiny as well.

Nicknames... originally I wanted to name them after philosophers (e.g. Locke the Oshawott, Baidou the Pignite, Nietzsche the Ponyta, Plato the Zubat), but I guess if I make a participation thing, naming them after people in the thread might be better (e.g. Iso the Lilligant, Alice the Leavanny, Lead the Skarmory, Tova the Garbador).

Alternatively, I could also play Y (the newish gen for people who aren't super interesting in pkmn) or SoulSilver (gen II remake)- both are also nice, and you wouldn't have to deal with not being a part of my white 1 play through. Could theoretically play FireRed or Platinum as well, but platinum relies on my old ds resurrecting from the grave (I only have Pearl, it's gross slow, my flashcart only works on my old ds, and emulators don't make the good kinds of saves), and FireRed I'd probably play on gba for basically the same reason.
Last edited by Tovarisch Red Yoshi on April 15th, 2015, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Re: Interest Checking for bad lps

Postby Isocitration » April 14th, 2015, 11:01 pm

I'm interested in a bad lp, do it!
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario
Location: IDK I think it was like a pocket dimension or somethin

Postby Lead Luigi » April 14th, 2015, 11:26 pm

If I've done crappy streams, you can do a crappy LP :kappa:
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

pholtos

Postby pholtos » April 14th, 2015, 11:29 pm

What do you mean by not having recording software?

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 14th, 2015, 11:44 pm

pholtos wrote:What do you mean by not having recording software?

I lack a 3ds capture card.
I don't want to emulate ds games, because my computer has heating problems currently, saves aren't compatible with hardware, I don't know if I even have enough power to stream them anyways.
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » April 15th, 2015, 2:06 am

Oh yeah,

CONGRATULATION

~For achieving 100 threads, but actually not really apparently~

milestones baby

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario

Postby Lead Luigi » April 15th, 2015, 3:14 am

Isocitration wrote:Oh yeah,

CONGRATULATION

~For achieving 100 threads~

milestones baby

:kappa: //
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 15th, 2015, 3:32 am

I'm 108 though, east asian 666

I believe jolpe got hunsky

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » April 15th, 2015, 3:42 am

This is the newest topic as far as I'm aware. Unless topic != thread and my life is a sham

ps Lopsy is pretty cool guy

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 15th, 2015, 3:46 am

Interesting... I just changed the url t=108 to t=100 and deleted the rest...

<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 15th, 2015, 3:47 am

0,1 give me 404s too while 2 tells me I'm not authorized, intredasting

<tovakj> yes

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 15th, 2015, 3:53 am

Isocitration wrote:Image
This is the newest topic as far as I'm aware. Unless topic != thread and my life is a sham

It is the newest topic and topics and threads are the same thing as far as I'm aware.
Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:0,1 give me 404s too while 2 tells me I'm not authorized, intredasting

0 and 1 don't exist. 2 is in one of the hidden subforums.

I'm not sure why it says 100 if there's 107 though. checked everything up to 21 and 99-109 and they all are valid threads.

Edit: Weirdly after resynchronising the site's statistics now it says there's 98 threads...
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 15th, 2015, 4:09 am

38 isn't valid for some reason. I think that might be from when I combined two threads. 41 is also not valid. As are 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 56 (well the site probably doesn't count it and normal users can't see it because the poster deleted the post and thus thread), and 88 for the same reasons as the last (as well as a few posts by myself and Zero and one from Iso it seems). That's 9 threads plus t=1 isn't valid bringing that total to 10 so 108-10=98 which looks to be correct. I'm unsure why there's quite so many though other than the ones I gave reasons for.
💙💙💙

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » April 15th, 2015, 4:29 am

Way to throw off my celebration guys

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 15th, 2015, 4:46 am

Isocitration wrote:Way to throw off my celebration guys

Blame everyone else for making the site resync the statistics. It's still technically the 100th thread overall.
💙💙💙

Buttson

Postby Buttson » April 15th, 2015, 4:55 am

congraturation 90somethingth thread!

I always like a good old fashion text LP, I say go for it. My vote's for Y since even though I play competitive pokemon every day I havn't actually played a pokemon game in ages, it'd be nice to see the new ones in their natural habitats.
Also I may or may not be silently judging your movesets.
Image Dicks

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 15th, 2015, 5:03 am

Made thread into poll

Also, don't blame anyone

It's cosmic that fate realigns itself so I don't ever achieve anything

Like this one time, I was in 2nd grade and we did this class drawing thing. The best would get a reward. Teacher narrowed it down to two people, me and this one girl. I lost by one vote. I voted for her because I didn't think it was right for me to vote for myself.

It also happened in 4th grade. One vote difference, I voted for her because I thought it was more ethical. Same girl, different teacher (same room for some reason).

<tovakj> yes

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 15th, 2015, 5:12 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:Also, don't blame anyone

Too late. I'm already blaming you.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 15th, 2015, 5:21 am

ooh, more than one voted y

<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 15th, 2015, 5:00 pm

three yttrium, 1 fire red, one soulsilver, hmm...

<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 17th, 2015, 7:19 pm

I think I'll close this in a few days.

Making no Kirby progress - Hyrule Warriors is disturbingly addictive, and for whatever reason mentally exhaustive. I think I'll start limiting how much I play and just start PKMN as a third game because I'm dumb and am overloading myself.

Right now it's pretty close to call, but it's looking like Y. Which has a critical advantage: I can take miiverse screenshots and circumpost them here, instead of phone pictures or something dumb like that.

That leaves some things to consider:

Wonderlockes - gen VI introduced "wondertrading" which you can do immeadiately. Wondertrading is a wifi trade with anyone who's wondertrading; like using a randomizer but overwhelmingly weighted towards pokemon that are either shit or bred for competitive. This would mean no nicknames though :( This can also be done as a wonderwedlocke, or a wonderbuddylocke.

Language - I can play in German for the fuck of it :P Could try Spanish too

Exp share clauses - most lockes ban it outright, but I really like the emotional appeal of using it for (only) story-important battles (gym leaders, baddies, rival). Would want to use it for training, but up to you guys.

Nicknames - would like to follow a theme. I'd like to involve you guys in this, so you can recommend themes or something. I'd like to name them after people in the forum, but if things die all the time, we'll run out of names pretty damn quickly. Also player names (I need two).

Do I play as Calem or Sarina(?)? To what degree do I play dress up? How should I go for it? The girl has access to more clothes; this costs money though.

Starter - one option is to let you guys vote on Fenniken, Froaky, or Chespin and later from the Kantos. Or another is the tradition; to use my randomly generated player id; for the first non-0 digit, mod 3, if 1, Chespin, if 2, Froaky, if 3, Fenniken. Could mix.

Mega - most lockes ban megaevolution. I wouldn't mind it.

Opinions?

<tovakj> yes

pholtos

Postby pholtos » April 17th, 2015, 7:28 pm

The nicknames could be puns off our names. Examples: Isocitration - Iso - Ice-o -> Ice pokemon. Lead Luigi could be a rock or steel poke. Etc. (Logically following this I would be an electric poke.)

Or you could just ask people if a type popped up to name them after it. I dunno.
Last edited by pholtos on April 17th, 2015, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario

Postby Lead Luigi » April 17th, 2015, 8:04 pm

pholtos wrote:The nicknames could be puns off our names. Examples: Isocitration - Iso - Ice-o -> Ice pokemon. Lead Luigi could be a rock or steel poke. Etc. (Logically following this I would be an electric poke.)

Nah Pholtos, you and I would have to be the same magnemite. :kappa:
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 20th, 2015, 8:37 pm

Post now if you want pokemon named after you, and add a category after your name for kinds of pokemon you would enjoy being

E.g. Isocitration - grass types, citrus colored pokémon
InsaneIntentions - anything fossil or bone related
pholtos - electric types, kawaii types
lead - steel types, green colored mons

If things overlap - e.g. lead being greens but Iso being grass, I'll probably look for non-overlapping magisteria and secondarily give preference to the smaller subset of the others within reason

<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 21st, 2015, 3:06 am

SO

tova
iso
lead
pholtos
alice
buttson *might not use your uname because banlist

Anyone else?

me - fire, water, dragon misc red things - names come from communism
iso - grass, ice, ghost misc orange things - names are iso-, -citration, puns thereof, or chemical compounds
lead - steel, ground, rock, misc green things - variations (eg steel stefano), mary o characters
pholtos - electric, flying, fairy, misc cute things - thunder gods and diminuitive names?
alice - bug? , dark, poison, misc purple things - alice in wonderland characters, janny deepp
buttson - fighting, psychic, normal humanshapes barring a couple because your avy is about the uncanny valley - -Cson

E.g. if I start with a female fenniken, I'm naming her Rosa (or Roza maybe if I'm feeling Polish)

<tovakj> yes

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » April 21st, 2015, 3:40 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:alice - bug? , dark, poison, misc purple things - alice in wonderland characters, janny deepp

Sounds good to me. I like dark things, purple's one of my favorite colors, and I like Alice in Wonderland quite a lot. I also like bugs far more than most people, especially spiders in particular.
💙💙💙

Return to “General Perversion”