origin of your username/avatar/etc.

Post yours, forum games, and other post++ styled threads go here.
Alice
⦂☽

Re: origin of your username/avatar/etc.

Postby Alice » February 12th, 2015, 6:58 am

Zummorr wrote:I'll pack up my truck and take my leaf, regarding these tree puns.

Way to miss a bad pun there with "trunk".
💙💙💙

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » February 12th, 2015, 3:56 pm

Zummorr wrote:
Alice wrote:
Isocitration wrote:What, no love for my waifu Saigyou Ayakashi?

Iso is an herbiphile? I think branching out your loves is good...but...Somehow I think that Saigyou would have a pretty wooden personality...but if it gives you plant-y of enjoyment then cherry on good sir.

Alright, no need to bark, I'll pack up my trunk and take my leaf, regarding these tree puns.

*edited for more puns* Huh coulda sworn I fixed that one a minute or two after I posted it.

7TC7

Postby 7TC7 » February 12th, 2015, 8:14 pm

Don't really wanna ruin tree-talk, but...

...my name(s)! I usually run "Black-Cat" but things that are more connected to Youtube usually get the 7TC7-nick. That's kind of a thing that just happened.

They both originate in part from the same original username "thundercat", which has nothing to do with Thundercats, as I had not heard of that show since long after I started and stopped using that name and still have no idea what it's actually about. Instead it comes from the fact that I like the idea of electricity, mostly from experiencing it as a typing in Pokemon, aaaand that I love cats~ (surprisingly never liked Jolteon very much, but my Persian never came without Thunder).

"7TC7" just took the initials from Thunder and Cat and put it inbetween my favourite number and my lucky number, 7 and 7.

"Black-Cat" (with an infinite number of Sevens thereafter in case Black-Cat is already chosen on some websites, which happens a lot) combines the Cat part with the color black and is there to remind me every day of my first cat, which was ... well ... a black cat.

My avatar is a random scribble from what is probably my favourite artist on the internet, with the very imaginative name of blade: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=blade_%28artist%29 Safebooru, but still some scantily clothed ladies
He paints a lot of cute catgirls and ... did I already mention I like cats? :keepo:

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 13th, 2015, 2:32 am

7TC7 wrote:"7TC7" just took the initials from Thunder and Cat and put it inbetween my favourite number and my lucky number, 7 and 7.

I had somehow managed to consistently read your name as 7T7C until now.
💙💙💙

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 13th, 2015, 3:01 am

Alice wrote:
7TC7 wrote:"7TC7" just took the initials from Thunder and Cat and put it inbetween my favourite number and my lucky number, 7 and 7.

I had somehow managed to consistently read your name as 7T7C until now.

Took me a good 30 seconds to even catch the difference, haha.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 13th, 2015, 9:31 pm

Isocitration wrote:So yeah no lie, I once used some kind of online touhou waifu generator where you enter your name and it picks one for you. I tried it with both my username and real name. One was the tree, the other was Unzan.

Where was that? I wanna see who I get. Maybe I'll even find a new favorite Touhou girl :tstick2: ?
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

TheFinalSentinel

Postby TheFinalSentinel » February 17th, 2015, 6:45 am

Based off of a game Idea I had when I was in like, 7th grade or something. Looking back on it, it was kinda a bit shit.

Either way, it's stuck.

I could elaborate, but I don't feel like it. :trihard:

Louiejub

Postby Louiejub » February 17th, 2015, 7:16 am

The origin of my username... ah, it's story time! *faded flashback* So, back when I was 10 or so, I was super into Pikmin 2 (I still am, ya doofs) and Neopets. One day, my cousin came over and she was all "Yo, check out this website. LOOK CUTE THINGS AND YOU CAN EXPLORE A WORLD AND TAKE CARE OF THINGS AND WOOOAAHHHH" and I was all "WOOOAAAHHH SIGN ME UP". So, I took one of my favorite Neopets (Jubjub) and combined it with my favorite Pikmin 2 character (Louie), and this thing came out. I use it on practically everything to this day.

My avatar is just a black and white, old-timey image of a melodica, my favorite instrument. Nothing too deep here. :P

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 17th, 2015, 7:42 am

Louiejub wrote:The origin of my username... ah, it's story time! *faded flashback* So, back when I was 10 or so, I was super into Pikmin 2 (I still am, ya doofs) and Neopets. One day, my cousin came over and she was all "Yo, check out this website. LOOK CUTE THINGS AND YOU CAN EXPLORE A WORLD AND TAKE CARE OF THINGS AND WOOOAAHHHH" and I was all "WOOOAAAHHH SIGN ME UP". So, I took one of my favorite Neopets (Jubjub) and combined it with my favorite Pikmin 2 character (Louie), and this thing came out. I use it on practically everything to this day.

My avatar is just a black and white, old-timey image of a melodica, my favorite instrument. Nothing too deep here. :P

There's a song on a cd I have that's all accordion until a guy shouts something like "looieloo" in a squeaky old man voice. I honestly thought it might have been a skandy thing, maybe a music thing like russians singing lailailai* for lalala, only divorced from its context and a word (like exclaiming "play the lalala" or something not to the melody in the middle of a polka)

(*Though there's good reason for this: Russian phonologically lacks the normal l of lamb (where the tongue touches the roof of the mouth), instead only having the dark l of pull (where the tip need not; the sound is primarily at the back of the tongue near the uvula) and the palatized l, where the middle of the tongue is compressed up against the hard part of the roof of the mouth behind the ridges (in conservative Spanish, this is the ll of llamo or tortilla; Mexicans turned it into a soft y sound). The vowel for the ee sound is basically a long version of the y sound, which are both palatal, so if the syllable's a diphthong ending on i, it primes the tongue towards the palatalized l, which is articulatorily simpler and easier to perceive than the dark l, and thus preferred: lyaylyaylyay is more the Russian lalala)
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Louiejub

Postby Louiejub » February 17th, 2015, 7:47 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:
Louiejub wrote:The origin of my username... ah, it's story time! *faded flashback* So, back when I was 10 or so, I was super into Pikmin 2 (I still am, ya doofs) and Neopets. One day, my cousin came over and she was all "Yo, check out this website. LOOK CUTE THINGS AND YOU CAN EXPLORE A WORLD AND TAKE CARE OF THINGS AND WOOOAAHHHH" and I was all "WOOOAAAHHH SIGN ME UP". So, I took one of my favorite Neopets (Jubjub) and combined it with my favorite Pikmin 2 character (Louie), and this thing came out. I use it on practically everything to this day.

There's a song on a cd I have that's all accordion until a guy shouts something like "looieloo" in a squeaky old man voice. I honestly thought it might have been a skandy thing, maybe a music thing like russians singing lailailai* for lalala, only divorced from its context and a word (like exclaiming "play the lalala" or something not to the melody in the middle of a polka)

(*Though there's good reason for this: Russian phonologically lacks the normal l of lamb (where the tongue touches the roof of the mouth), instead only having the dark l of pull (where the tip need not; the sound is primarily at the back of the tongue near the uvula) and the palatized l, where the middle of the tongue is compressed up against the hard part of the roof of the mouth behind the ridges (in conservative Spanish, this is the ll of llamo or tortilla; Mexicans turned it into a soft y sound). The vowel for the ee sound is basically a long version of the y sound, which are both palatal, so if the syllable's a diphthong ending on i, it primes the tongue towards the palatalized l, which is articulatorily simpler and easier to perceive than the dark l, and thus preferred: lyaylyaylyay is more the Russian lalala)

Ah, interesting. Language connections!

Although, on another note, the first thing you said just reminded me of the theme song of Louie C.K.'s "Louie" TV show. XD

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 17th, 2015, 1:24 pm

So that would make you the second person named after a Neopet then. You guys and your Neopets.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

Louiejub

Postby Louiejub » February 17th, 2015, 2:52 pm

Sarusig wrote:

So that would make you the second person named after a Neopet then. You guys and your Neopets.

Different times back then, man

metasomnia

Postby metasomnia » March 21st, 2015, 4:00 am

From the talkhaus:
metasomnia wrote:Metasomnia is both a reference to a time when I indulged in excessive oversleeping and the fact that I frequently daydream.

Avatar is a Jigglypuff with a glorious smile

Sig is a screenshot of AgwaK2, the game I've been trying to beat for a while and an F.O.E. face
Last edited by metasomnia on October 28th, 2015, 4:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Have a literal signature:

chridd

Postby chridd » October 4th, 2015, 11:23 pm

(Meant to post here much earlier, didn't get around to it though.)
Username: Based on my real name.
Avatar: When I first made my avatar, I'd just gotten GIMP for the first time, so I was sort of messing around with the gradients and textures there. And also meow purr. And I kind of like pink and my favorite color's purple, though I don't remember if the color was intentional or just happened to be the result of the blending modes I used.
Post style: Rainbows are pretty, and all the colors I used are the same as the default post style with the red, green, and blue components rearranged. And I like serif fonts. And I know CSS fairly well.

Willhart

Postby Willhart » October 31st, 2015, 8:37 am

Username: It's based on my real name. It's also nice and English sounding name to my ears. I use it pretty much everywhere on the Internet.
Avatar: I won this stuffed animal from a carnival game once. It was so nice looking that I actually bought some more of them directly from the keeper of that game too. It was so cute that I stated to use it as my avatar. I've been looking for finding more of them, but I have not had much luck with it so far.
Last edited by Willhart on October 31st, 2015, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » October 31st, 2015, 9:00 am

I never did post here did I?

Username: Years ago I needed a name for a character in an mmo, so I looked through my biology textbook at the time for ideas. On a page detailing the Krebs cycle I noticed isocitric acid was involved and that seemed kinda funny to me, so I decided on Isocitrate. Years later on youtube, Isocitrate was taken apparently so I altered it to Isocitration, because that totally makes sense!

Avatar: Maplestory Evil Eye, which is a crucial summon for the Spearman/Berserker/Dark Knight class in that game. It's being summoned out of an orange spell circle thing to keep true to the 'citric acid spectre' title.
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » October 31st, 2015, 9:08 am

My current avatar is from the bottom frame of this page of a manga. Also for my sig the Miku image is from some SFM animation someone made iirc. The other pic is from this because I found Madoka really hilarious throughout the entire thing, especially for the bit in my sig.
Isocitration wrote:I never did post here did I?

Username: Years ago I needed a name for a character in an mmo, so I looked through my biology textbook at the time for ideas. On a page detailing the Krebs cycle I noticed isocitric acid was involved and that seemed kinda funny to me, so I decided on Isocitrate. Years later on youtube, Isocitrate was taken apparently so I altered it to Isocitration, because that totally makes sense!

Have you explained this somewhere else? Cause I swear I've read a similar explanation from you somewhere.
💙💙💙

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » October 31st, 2015, 11:14 am

Alice wrote:Have you explained this somewhere else? Cause I swear I've read a similar explanation from you somewhere.

I think someone asked about my name origin in the TMI videos, so there maybe? I feel like I might have explained it somewhere else too but I can't think of where.
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » October 31st, 2015, 12:10 pm

Alice wrote:My current avatar is from the bottom frame of this page of a manga. Also for my sig the Miku image is from some SFM animation someone made iirc. The other pic is from this because I found Madoka really hilarious throughout the entire thing, especially for the bit in my sig.
Isocitration wrote:I never did post here did I?

Have you explained this somewhere else? Cause I swear I've read a similar explanation from you somewhere.

I just renoticed the pixel you added from random prompting
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » October 31st, 2015, 12:16 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:I just renoticed the pixel you added from random prompting

It's so minuscule on my monitor that I completely forgot I even added it until just now, lol.
💙💙💙

Return to “The Trash Heap”