origin of your username/avatar/etc.

Post yours, forum games, and other post++ styled threads go here.
Lunatic Quark

origin of your username/avatar/etc.

Postby Lunatic Quark » February 8th, 2015, 5:36 am

I always find these threads interesting. Feel free to add other forms of forum identity such as signatures if you want.

Name: This one's sort of complex. I don't remember exactly how this came about, but I think one of my friends misinterpreted something I said as "my name is Hamster Q", and so the name Hamster Q sort of stuck throughout high school and became kind of an in-joke among me and my friends. Later, I was trying to think of a new username and thought of using "Lunatic" because the "Luna" part of it pertained to a game idea I wanted to make at the time (which is about 0.000001% done after the several years since then...), and I have a tendency to like random silly over the top things, however I thought just Lunatic by itself would be far too common, so I added the random Q from Hamster Q to the end of it. Then a while later I thought the name still wasn't unique enough, so I decided to expand upon the Q and chose Quark, because science related things also interest me.

Avatar: Kyouko from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I've just always liked her for some reason. First used her on either Twitch or Steam, and then she just sort of became a running avatar theme. She also reminds me of a fully human version of a character I made for RPs with friends and a possible video game type thing, so that may have something to do with it.

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario
Location: IDK I think it was like a pocket dimension or somethin

Re: origin of your username/avatar/etc.

Postby Lead Luigi » February 8th, 2015, 5:59 am

The Origin of my Username? Well it was a few years ago on The Super Mario Flash website, I had an account there called Metal Mario(go play my levels :kappa: ), and my friend went on there as Steel Mario, although I told him he should have signed on as Lead Luigi. Then a few months later I decide to make a youtube channel, don't want numbers in my user name, try LeadLuigi and it works! Now I just use it for everything \ :opieop: /

As for my avatar, I just had this picture lying around and didn't feel like using my generic pixel art Luigi Recolors that I made in like 20 minutes 3 years ago
Last edited by Lead Luigi on February 8th, 2015, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 8th, 2015, 6:01 am

Technically my full username should be Sarusig Noru, but the idea of a "surname" isn't really useful online. That's the name I came up for a character back in the days for Phantasy Star Online III - that's supposed to be a female name, but it's frankly just made-up bullsh*t. I liked the ring of it though, so I kept it.
I used to have another username when I was really young, but it was one I used with IRL friends too. Originally Sarusig Noru/Sarusig/Saru was supposed to remain an "anonymous online" type o thing. Overtime it became my main identity I suppose.

As for my avatar, you'll have to thank Alice/Absolut Zero for that. Let's just say it was my way to poke fun at the early days of the forum. It's kind of an old war scar really. Wearing it proudly.

Lunatic Quark wrote:so I decided to expand upon the Q

This one has wise. It is important to know how to expand.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario

Postby Lead Luigi » February 8th, 2015, 6:06 am

Sarusig wrote:
Lunatic Quark wrote:so I decided to expand upon the Q

This one has wise. It is important to know how to expand.

Expand Dong ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Buttson

Postby Buttson » February 8th, 2015, 7:05 am

When I was a kid a friend of mine decided I should have a nickname and randomly pulled out "Watson", it didn't stick but I decided to use it online for something or other and ended up using it full time. On some IRC rooms I went to people had a habit of changing the front half of their nicks en masse and because of my burning desire for big booty bitches this ended up being my unofficial alt, and since Watson is taken most places I ended up using it more often than the original. Buttson is taken a lot of places too though so I have to mix it up...

My avatar is just a random picture that I thought'd look good at 128x128, by pigmhall

Lead Luigi wrote:Expand Dong ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)
Image Dicks

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 8th, 2015, 7:36 am

My username is of course inspired by Alice in Wonderland. The site's URL is also inspired by the same. On most sites the username Alice is taken so I'll try Alice Cheshire as my next choice (Cheshire of course referring to the cheshire cat which is one of my favorite characters) with my final choice typically just being a plain Alice3173. 3173 there comes from my employee ID number at my first job. I always thought it was an interesting number for a couple reason. 1, 3, and 7 are 3/4 of my favorite numbers (other being 2) and then 3173 makes a right triangle on a numpad.

My avatar is straight forward. It's a cropped and resized version of the artwork for the vocaloid song MiKUSABBATH. Which if you're curious you can see a full version of here and you can listen to the song for here. You can also look at my avatars from the talkhaus here. Most of them are Miku with the third and fourth rows being assorted random images I thought would make good avatars (with the exception of the one obvious Miku). The two middle ones on the fifth row are a derivative of Miku called Calne Ca or Calcium. The last three are the vocaloid Luka (she's in the first two of the second row as well), a design I made in Photoshop that I'm actually curious if anyone could guess what it's based on, then the last one is from this page of a mango.
Sarusig wrote:As for my avatar, you'll have to thank Alice/Absolut Zero for that. Let's just say it was my way to poke fun at the early days of the forum. It's kind of an old war scar really. Wearing it proudly.

That'd be me before I realized you could clear the site's cache without everyone having to lose their avatars. I hadn't messed with stuff that required me to be dealing with cache clearing on my old forums so I didn't know it was a thing at first.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 8th, 2015, 7:57 am

Je suis un communist Yochi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuxBwelptag

Not enough? Well, a name I picked when I was young worked for a long time but because it was an OC for zelda hack that I couldn't do when I was 12 it was like unrecognizable. On top of that it ended up sounding more... I don't know how to put this, transy to me than I want to give off. I picked this instead as a youtube name because of that video because it fit with me - my first game was yoshi, I'm an obnoxious politicalfag, I planned to use it for music and watching lps. Whelp. Then I had the weirdness of youtube's character limit being one letter off from a good ascii-friendly scientific (letters/digraphs in latin corresponding 1:1 to letters in cyrillic) romanization of "comrade red yoshi" or tovarisch krasnyj joshi, and I had to play around with spelling. I got eshi, because certain stressed "e"s in Russian sound like "jo" (or "yo", central European j), instead of using their j and their o. Now I use like 9 different spellings in different places because sch can be shch shtsh schtsch s with a hacek and c with a hacek etc, js for consonental y sounds are normal in Slavic which is important because the Slavic languages typically have a 6th vowel between u and i romanized traditionally as y, but the French, Spanish, and English can't decide on whether to use that leading to ambiguities, e versus je versus ye versus yo, jo, ïo, and j-o etc... And sometimes I just spell sh's like sch because ~
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » February 8th, 2015, 9:44 am

Once there was a video game I played, You might have heard of it. Called World of Warcraft. And I rolled up an Orc Warrior who ended up being my main. And because I was really bad at coming up with names I would basically press the randomize button until I got a name that was 1.) pronouncable and 2.) somewhat interesting yet short.

I have long left Azeroth and poor old Senior Sergeant Zumorr is now a retired level 80 Orc warrior on Frostmourne who struck down the lich king and always "Needed more rage." I quit WoW because college life demanded more studying out of me and I liked having 15 more bucks a month. But I kept the internet tag because I liked it.

The picture on the side is the official art for Ryu from Breath of Fire 3. When I was young, my brother showed me the roms of Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Sieken denesetsu (Secret of mana 2) FF4 and FF6 I had a fun time played them a bunch and finished them. And then on the side were other RPGs...some really whatever ones like Secret of the Stars or FF5. And then there was Breath of Fire...which struck a weird nerve in me because it felt like I had played the game before...yet never did. Think about that Capcom made a game so generic that it tapped into the raw archetype itself. And hey to my dumb middle-schooler self the game seemed pretty cool. You play a dude with blue hair, he turns into a durgon, teams up with an angel girl, fights evil. Long story short though, I got stuck alot in BoF mostly because of my reading comprehension and having to pay the fish-men in gold-bars.
At some point I picked up Breath of Fire 2 didn't get far, but it stuck in my memory.

Eventually I got my interest rekindled when I remembered that BoF was a Capcom series and when I got into Marvel versus Capcom 3 I wondered "Why don't we have Nina from this game series in the expansion?"
I played Breath of Fire 2 a bit on weekends a couple years ago which was both amazingly stupid in a good way and painfully bad in others. (translation is horrid, even still the actual plot of the game sounds like parody at times and other times is pretty dark considering that you are fighting an evil church...in a time when just depicting crosses was bad juju)

During summer break I picked up Breath of Fire 3, noted the cool sprite art, and then dropped it when I played Grandia and loved it. I finished these two RPGs mostly so I'd have a good impression of the time period before I jump into the hyped FF7

Overall I like Ryu's visual design in the third game...and to me he has all the traits that make for everything you need to be a hero. 1.) he's got blue spikey hair 2.) he turns into a durgon 3.) is a silent protagonist. and 4.) He always has a borderline useless tagalong named Nina.

I'm not going to keep my rose colored shades on when I say this. Breath of Fire is a pretty whatever RPG series. Its like the B...maaaybbe B+ grade RPG series that teachers would hold up and say "look everyone, this is what you aim for and here are the classic blunders." But despite that, something about it still seems charming to me and I like it even though it has flaws. *shrug*

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 8th, 2015, 2:47 pm

You and your chickens...
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

Frozelar

Postby Frozelar » February 8th, 2015, 3:23 pm

- Google translate
- Translate "freeze" from English to Galician to get "conxelar"
- Put "froz" onto the beginning to get "frozelar"
There you go

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 8th, 2015, 3:38 pm

Frozelar wrote:- Google translate
There you go

Wait what? What was the train of though for this to happen? We must dig DEEPER!

#shootitinthemouth

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario

Postby Lead Luigi » February 8th, 2015, 3:39 pm

Frozelar wrote:- Google translate
There you go

What about your Frosty Fish Origins? :opieop:
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 8th, 2015, 6:24 pm

Zummorr wrote:Once there was a video game I played, You might have heard of it. Called World of Warcraft.

What the hell is World of Warcraft? Never heard of it. (Actually I barely have even played it cause I despise MMOs.)
💙💙💙

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » February 8th, 2015, 7:40 pm

Alice wrote:What the hell is World of Warcraft? Never heard of it. (Actually I barely have even played it cause I despise MMOs.)

You aren't missing much. You are missing your chance to take up hundreds of quests which involve killing some even number of monsters or collect some number of doohickeys. You also won't hear people groaning about getting blown up by some overpowered class of the month in pvp. And you won't have the surprise of finding out how truly bad some players can be at the game.

But hey you get to beat Arthas, that jerk-face from Warcraft 3. Oh and there is lore...but I stopped reading it when the head writer put "interdimensional space-ships" into the canon

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 8th, 2015, 8:08 pm

The famed elven space cruiser.

#shootitinthemouth

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 8th, 2015, 8:46 pm

(This is gonna take a while :undecided:)

Okay, so you guys are probably wondering where the heck my name came from. Well...it's a bit of a pastiche. The "Earth" comes from what was then my favorite element (out of the four "classic" ones; though now that I know my personality is more like Air/Water, it's kinda meh. Oh, and Darkness, but that's not one of the four. And yeah, I know the "classic" elements are an entirely incorrect way of looking at the world), the "Phantom" cause I like ghosts and such, the "TS" stands for "Time/Space" and is there because one, I enjoy theoretical physics, and two, the Time Mage is my favorite class in Final Fantasy. Although I suppose it could also stand for "Twilight Sparkle", who is perhaps best (canon) pony, but I had this name since I was in middle school or thereabouts so it didn't originally.

Alright, now that the mystery of my weird-o username is unraveled (seriously, I'd bet money that Lunatic Quark made this thread after thinking about my name), at least my avatar is no mystery. It's my waifu (huggles Tiamat :theart: :theart: :theart:)! And now to go kiss her for five hours :twink:!

Speaking of "making out with a hot lamia chick for five hours", my sig should be pretty obvious as well :twink: :theart: . Though what's perhaps less obvious is that I want it to be like "Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking" style, with "Tiamat fangirl" being the random "Jaywalking" bit.

And yes, feel free to call me any of those names; I think of "slut", "harlot", "whore", and "tramp" as compliments. That's how much of a "bad girl" I am :twink: :theart: !
Last edited by EarthPhantomTS on February 8th, 2015, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 8th, 2015, 8:54 pm

I'd actually been wondering what the TS in your name stood for ever since I first saw your username, lol.
💙💙💙

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 8th, 2015, 9:00 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Although I suppose it could also stand for "Twilight Sparkle", who is perhaps best (canon) pony, but I had this name since I was in middle school or thereabouts so it didn't originally.

Girl knows wassup.

#shootitinthemouth

Frozelar

Postby Frozelar » February 8th, 2015, 9:40 pm

Sarusig wrote:Wait what? What was the train of though for this to happen? We must dig DEEPER!

I've never heard of the "Galician" language but it sounds like "glacier" and those are cool
I like words related to cold things, like "freeze"
beep
Lead Luigi wrote: What about your Frosty Fish Origins? :opieop:

"frost" sounds cool + fish is one of my favorite foods + 8 was my favorite number + a very dumb 10-year-old brain

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 8th, 2015, 10:12 pm

Lunatic Quark wrote:Avatar: Kyouko from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I've just always liked her for some reason. First used her on either Twitch or Steam, and then she just sort of became a running avatar theme. She also reminds me of a fully human version of a character I made for RPs with friends and a possible video game type thing, so that may have something to do with it.

Ah, that's who that is, huh? She kinda reminds me of Etna from Disgaea for some reason ^^;.

Man I love Etna. Almost as much as I love Rozalin. And Artina. And possibly Sapphire, but I don't use her much. But as it happens, my personality is a weird blend of the latter three's (especially Sapphire's depression/questioning if she's human or actually a demon, hence why I'm going ahead and including her). If anyone else knows what I'm talking about, congratulations you're a total nerd. Just like me :twink: :theart: !

Also, does the Q have something to do with the Star Trek character, by any chance :tstick2: ?

EDIT: Okay, you know what I just realized? Rozalin, Artina, and Sapphire all have the same Evility. So does that mean I'd also raise the stats of all adjacent male allies by 20%? Well, I wouldn't mind that, but I'd prefer to do such with all female allies :twink: (les and all).
Last edited by EarthPhantomTS on February 9th, 2015, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Lunatic Quark

Postby Lunatic Quark » February 8th, 2015, 11:41 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:(seriously, I'd bet money that Lunatic Quark made this thread after thinking about my name)

I may have given it some thought...

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Ah, that's who that is, huh? She kinda reminds me of Etna from Disgaea for some reason ^^;.

I've only seen the first part of Disgaea from a playthrough (it's one of those series I would get into if I didn't miss out on the PS2 and PS3), but I really like Etna too from what I've seen. I must have an affinity for red hair or something :tstick2: .

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Also, does the Q have something to do with the Star Trek character, by any chance :tstick2: ?

Haven't seen much Star Trek unfortunately, it's another series I've been meaning to get into for some time. Maybe my friend got it from there though.

Sephiko

Postby Sephiko » February 9th, 2015, 1:09 am

I was making a username for Newgrounds in 2005 and was like Sephiroth? Spekkio? Spekiroth? Sephiko. Also years later I realized the sequence is in my 2nd middle name and last name joSEPH mIKO----------

Sephiko's been going for 10 years now.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 9th, 2015, 7:42 am

Frozelar wrote:
Sarusig wrote:Wait what? What was the train of though for this to happen? We must dig DEEPER!

I've never heard of the "Galician" language but it sounds like "glacier" and those are cool
I like words related to cold things, like "freeze"
beep
Lead Luigi wrote: What about your Frosty Fish Origins? :opieop:

"frost" sounds cool + fish is one of my favorite foods + 8 was my favorite number + a very dumb 10-year-old brain

tl;dr it's a Language about half-way between Spanish and Portuguese, spoken on that chunk of Spain north of Portugal

In ancient times the Peninsula that Spain is on was inhabited by peoples called the Iberians, who spoke languages more like Basque than anything. Rome set up a colony on the coast there, replacing some of the Iberian speakers with Latin speakers. Later on, Celts, who were one all over Europe, from Britain to France to Turkey(!) to Russia(!), pushed through the Pyrenees into Iberia, conquering much of the northern and coastal parts. Something worthy of note: The Celts had a particular name for themselves - Gal - that you can see everywhere they were pretty much: of course France was once Gaul, but also Galatia (from the bible) the Turkish Celts, there was a Galicia in Eastern Europe that became half of the Kievan Rus' (the city-state that would expand into Russia, Belorussia, and the Ukraine), there was an Austrian Galicia famous for its salt mines, and then most relevantly there's Porto Gal, or Portugal, and Galicia, Spain.

Arabic invaded Spain from the Maghreb to the South carried by the Moors, and actually ran one of the most enlightened places in all of Europe's history for a time; it had the highest Jewish population in the world for a while. In the mean time the Celts had been Christianized, and replaced their languages with Latin. So we had Basque in the mountains at the border of France and Spain, Arabic in most of the peninsula to the south, and a series of Latin dialects spoken from the historical colonies in Catalonia, a valley of the Pyrenees called Aragon, two coastal cities (each with their own) called Castile (after a castle town) and Leon, and the most Celtic dialect that was medieval Galician.

Then the reconquista happened, and all of those languages spread south over the Arabic populations. Catalan took the Mediterranean coast, Aragonese took a wedge between Catalan and Castilian before getting squeezed back into the Pyrenees, Leon had an even stripe to Morocco, and Galician took a uniform stripe down the Atlantic coast of Spain. A new dialect of these languages took root in southern Spain, that was more of a hybrid language with Arabic. Castilian actually ended up being at the seat of power, the language of the King of Spain, however, and because of that, spread east to Catalonia and West, absorbing most of Leonese. Castilian is the language of the colonialists; it is literally just another name for Spanish. Spanish ended up absorbing the Arabic dialect, which became its own Andalusian dialect (think flamenco). Some political fighting led to the creation of Portugal as an independent nation (actually before all of this), and this protection from the encroaching Spanish made way for 3 languages: Portuguese, Mirandese (spoken in a small part in the NE of Portugal) and modern Galician in the part of Spain north of Portugal, which gets the name of the common ancestor of the three due to being on the historical ground where the three originated.

This longass history actually has some actual relevance though: Catalonia, the province that speaks Catalan, has had a very strong independence movement for a long time now. When Scotland got the opportunity to vote on independence Catalonia tried to too, only for the government of Spain to shut them down. The situation is a little different though - Scotland's had to contend with the crown for a hundred years; Catalonia has had to deal with Franco, an honest-to-god fascist dictator, before being handed over to a king of Spain's own. The UK can be strong without the EU; Spain is one of it's weakest members (mostly due to being a fascist dictatorship for 46 years before). Etc etc. Galicia's faced the same troubles, and has a comparable movement, which also sees unification with Portugal as viable. Though it's not all good versus evil: Portugal's own former fascist dictator that set it back was the inspiration for both Voldemort and Salazar Slitherin, and the independence movement has had members that have acted out terrorism.
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 9th, 2015, 7:50 am

Also @Earth

i literally thought you were that because tiamat's death created the earth

fatus novus est

<tovakj> yes

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 9th, 2015, 5:00 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:Also @Earth

fatus novus est

Nope. That would've been clever though. Sadly though, I'm just not that clever when it comes to names.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 9th, 2015, 5:51 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:
Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:Also @Earth

fatus novus est

Nope. That would've been clever though. Sadly though, I'm just not that clever when it comes to names.

should I add that I thought the TS was gonna be something like Tiamat Sumeria, Tiamat/Thalatte Sea, or Tiamat Shipper or something of the kind

<tovakj> yes

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » February 9th, 2015, 10:53 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:

should I add that I thought the TS was gonna be something like Tiamat Sumeria, Tiamat/Thalatte Sea, or Tiamat Shipper or something of the kind

I thought it was "Tiamat smoocher" to be honest

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 9th, 2015, 11:38 pm

Zummorr wrote:
Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:

I thought it was "Tiamat smoocher" to be honest

Let me remind you that I had this name since middle school, well before I'd even heard about the awesomeness that is my lamia waifu :tstick2: .

Lunatic Quark wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Ah, that's who that is, huh? She kinda reminds me of Etna from Disgaea for some reason ^^;.

I've only seen the first part of Disgaea from a playthrough (it's one of those series I would get into if I didn't miss out on the PS2 and PS3), but I really like Etna too from what I've seen. I must have an affinity for red hair or something :tstick2: .

Well, at least you know what I was referring to! Let me just say: find a way to play those games. The first one is also on PSP and DS, the second is also on PSP, the third and fourth are also on PS Vita, BTW. They're awesome.

Lunatic Quark

Postby Lunatic Quark » February 10th, 2015, 11:11 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Well, at least you know what I was referring to! Let me just say: find a way to play those games. The first one is also on PSP and DS, the second is also on PSP, the third and fourth are also on PS Vita, BTW. They're awesome.

huh, I forgot the first one was on the DS also, maybe I can at least play that one if I don't end up getting an appropriate system for the others

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » February 10th, 2015, 11:34 am

"Jolpe" is a fantasy word
"Gammler" means someone who stinks or a bum
yeah :3
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

Rhihad

Postby Rhihad » February 10th, 2015, 12:46 pm

Rhihad was something I came up when playing pen & paper AD&D 2nd edition in the early 90s. It was just a mixture of random letters originally. After that it just got adapted to the status of the name I used in every game where you name your characters. And slowly to a forum nickname. Doesn't have a meaning as far as I know, it just gets often mixed up with Jihads and whatnot.

As for the avatar... I have always been big on the roleplaying genre. Bioware has been a personal favorite for a very long time. The image is just a random art I've bumped into online for male Hawke x Anders. One true pairing definitely. Love them Anders and kitties.

Rumia

Postby Rumia » February 11th, 2015, 8:28 am

"Rumia" is a character from the Touhou series.

I really couldn't tell you why but something about the name just sticks out as relatable to me. I'm personally attached to it to the point where I contemplate adopting it as a preferred name. That probably sounds weird to the lot of you but eh, that's how I feel.

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 11th, 2015, 2:07 pm

Well of all the character names in the Touhou series, Rumia is definitely not the weirdest. =D

#shootitinthemouth

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » February 11th, 2015, 2:39 pm

What, no love for my waifu Saigyou Ayakashi?
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 11th, 2015, 3:17 pm

Isocitration wrote:What, no love for my waifu Saigyou Ayakashi?

Is that Yuyuko or am I dumb

(also yamaxanadu - what about that name?)

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » February 11th, 2015, 11:16 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:Is that Yuyuko or am I dumb

Close! It's a tree

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 12th, 2015, 12:13 am

💙💙💙

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » February 12th, 2015, 5:48 am

Alice wrote:

Iso is an herbiphile? I think branching out your loves is good...but...Somehow I think that Saigyou would have a pretty wooden personality...but if it gives you plant-y of enjoyment then cherry on good sir.

Alright, no need to bark, I'll pack up my trunk and take my leaf, regarding these tree puns.

*Fixed thanks to Alice, coulda sworn I fixed it last night, oh well*
Last edited by Zummorr on February 12th, 2015, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 12th, 2015, 6:20 am

At least it will always have wood for him. And depending the kind of flower it makes (namely if the flower makes seeds (too)) he doesn't have to lie to the "are ya gay" question technically ever whether he wants to signal heteronormativity or not. Everyone's clay in his hand to manipulate that way

tova go tö bedd

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » February 12th, 2015, 6:35 am

So yeah no lie, I once used some kind of online touhou waifu generator where you enter your name and it picks one for you. I tried it with both my username and real name. One was the tree, the other was Unzan.

Return to “The Trash Heap”