What were your kid crushes?

Post yours, forum games, and other post++ styled threads go here.
Sarusig
Posts: 345
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 4:54 pm
Location: Elsewhere

What were your kid crushes?

Postby Sarusig » January 27th, 2015, 1:01 pm

'tis a pretty straightforward question, ain't it?
When you were a kid, what were your crushes? Specifically, what were the video games/cartoons/tv/movie characters you were "in love" with when you actually didn't really know what was up?

I'll start so you can call me a freak and pretend I'm the only one who had those.

So when I was a wee lad and my interactions with girls could be summed as "girls are super lame", I really really wished I could be super-friend with Penny from Inspector Gadget. She was clever, she did cool stuff and was not boring like girls always are, and she was pretty too. For some reason she was often in bikini too, but I'm pretty sure I didn't even care at the time.
Looking back on it now... well this was not a bad crush really. Apart from the whole "being a cartoon" thing of course.
Image

Then there was Pokémon. At that time I didn't know exactly what was up yet yo, but girls were at least starting to be less boring. So in Pokémon there was Erika. Because she was pretty, and all sweet and stuff, but she was not sweet-dumb-boring. When she was fighting she was into it and she was a fighter! Also plant pokémon 4lyfe.
Image
But Erika was in like two episodes. Misty however she was there all the time. now we all know that the Ash-Misty thing was not real anyways Ash was not even a real character at all. :tangry: So Misty I didn't know it at the time, but that's totally because I was into the tsundere stuff. She was totes adorbs, a redhead and also she managed to not look dumb with suspenders. Also I'd like to point out that I looked up "Misty" on google for you and you should be THANKFUL because oh god it's full of it...
Image

Then just before I became a teen, there were RPGs. And there were two characters in particular:
- Fina from Skies of Arcadia. A lot of "hngg cuuuuute" moments due to innocence, but also resolve, not dumb, and able to fight back. She was also the strongest mage, she had the most interesting weapon, the best lines in the games and oh my GOD DID SHE JUST BLUSH IT'S SO CUTE! She was also really beautiful pixels, and had the sexiest non-revealing clothes I've ever seen in a JRPG. The game overall left a huge impact on me too, so it helped.
Image

- And finally, from best Zeldo game there was best princess. Tetra the pirate kicked ass! She was a pirate, she had her own ship, she was always a step ahead of you, she looked cool, she looked super cute (that tan though <3) and kinda tsundere at times and she helped you only because you "fought" for it, no gooey feelings. It's a real shame that as soon as she  Zelda'd she became a standard "I can't fight heeeeelp" princess .
Image

And then I became a teen and Mona Sax happened in Max Payne 2, and this is where I lost control of my life. That dream sequence though...
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

User avatar
Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon
Posts: 1944
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Ashtree

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » January 27th, 2015, 6:05 pm

Do you really want this kind of info from people? Do you really wanna read about Tova's love life? fine

I never really understood people who crush after people they don't really know, like, what if they're super evil narcissistic dickbags when you don't look at them? You don't really know them unless you blah blah blah. But I can't exactly recommend my own natural tendency.

Basically, I had this problem growing up where the most important person in the universe for me was almost always my best friend. So my kid crushes were a girl from kindergarten who was my best friend (she then moved), a girl from 1st grade who was my best friend (then she moved), a girl from 2nd grade who was my best friend (then she moved). Then there was a couple years of not really bonding with anyone, and my first real-like-thinking-about-things crush was on a Hayk girl who's proven legitimately to be one of the greatest persons I've ever known. She rejected my feelings, which was hard to get over to the point where I almost didn't, but in any case they overlapped with the next girl who was also really good. But she was also not interested in me, and used me for life advice and that kind of stuff, because apparently I used to be the guy everyone went to for life advice? Also by the way, after about 3rd grade at least crushing after your best friend is a surefire way to make everything awkward forever and ever.

Then I changed schools, met an incredibly nice but really fundie sheltered girl during the middle of my Christian > Gnostic/Pagan mishmash > Atheist transition phase, so I couldn't even so much as tell her. At some point we even got into an argument where I made her defend the belief that I'd go to hell for disbelief (because, you know, faith not works), and yeah, so it was pretty damn important that threw those emotions away... And after that things got complicated far beyond what I care to disclose, but fuck at least not being involved in people's lives really means I don't have to put up with these shitty feelings anymore.

fuck yeah
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Sarusig
Posts: 345
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 4:54 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Sarusig » January 27th, 2015, 7:32 pm

Oh boy don't get me started on the mythical "REAL girls". Shit's about to get hot in this thread yo!

So no cartoon girls then? Am I really the only freak who did that as a kid? x)
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1439
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby EarthPhantomTS » January 28th, 2015, 12:00 am

Sarusig wrote:So no cartoon girls then? Am I really the only freak who did that as a kid? x)


No, you're not. I'm just trying to think of the ones I enjoyed :undecided: . Let's see, there's Kitana from Mortal Kombat (yeah, I know, a filly playing such a game...Surprisingly I don't play too many violent games anymore; most of the M-rated games I play get that rating for sexual reasons :twink: ), who I loved even before I knew what "kunoichi" meant, partly because she's so kickass with her war fans (very elegant, sexy weapon!), partly because she's one of the few girls in that game; Princess Toadstool, cause she's just so elegant, though she's not really much but a helpless damsel, at least early on; probably Chun Li from Street Fighter for much the same reasons as Kitana (minus the war fans :undecided: ). If I think of any others, I'll go ahead and let you know.

Obviously I'm skipping a lot (like Veran from Zelda: Oracle of Ages, and Tiamat and Mulbruk from you-already-know-this), but I don't think they're really "childhood crushes" :tstick2: .
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey

User avatar
Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon
Posts: 1944
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Ashtree

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » January 28th, 2015, 2:10 am

If it makes you feel better re: not real things, for a long time Music personified was the model I'd imagine as a girlfriend for relationship what-if ing, even and especially non-purposefully, the personification just filled the blank whenever a process would begin but the social part of the mind didn't have a figure at the ready. But it was my personification, so she doesn't exist as a cartoon or anything on paper, actually. And for this thread, I really think it's cheating, because she wasn't conceptualized until like mid late highschool. Still, I think I get the waifu thing.

I sound like a creepy robot, don't I? I just mean that like, when bored or having problems with something I'd imagine her helping me get through it, or I'd imagine trying to help her get through a problem of her own.
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic


Sarusig
Posts: 345
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 4:54 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Sarusig » January 28th, 2015, 3:00 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:If it makes you feel better re: not real things, for a long time Music personified was the model I'd imagine as a girlfriend for relationship what-if ing, even and especially non-purposefully, the personification just filled the blank whenever a process would begin but the social part of the mind didn't have a figure at the ready. But it was my personification, so she doesn't exist as a cartoon or anything on paper, actually. And for this thread, I really think it's cheating, because she wasn't conceptualized until like mid late highschool. Still, I think I get the waifu thing.

I sound like a creepy robot, don't I? I just mean that like, when bored or having problems with something I'd imagine her helping me get through it, or I'd imagine trying to help her get through a problem of her own.


I think I might understand what you mean, although I am completely unable to envision it. See I get the concept of developing an entire persona based on a feeling or a concept, basically rationalizing the relation to say, an art to oneself in a more "conventional" way (being to being). Pretty sure I've felt or at least considered things along those lines.
However, I might be super vain and shallow, but I need a "visual shell" to materialize my waifus. It can be a blank shape, a shadow, I don't care, I'll "see" it.

Waifus are pretty serious business though. Heck, I still have waifus. x)
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

User avatar
Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon
Posts: 1944
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Ashtree

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » January 28th, 2015, 3:07 am

Sarusig wrote:
Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:If it makes you feel better re: not real things, for a long time Music personified was the model I'd imagine as a girlfriend for relationship what-if ing, even and especially non-purposefully, the personification just filled the blank whenever a process would begin but the social part of the mind didn't have a figure at the ready. But it was my personification, so she doesn't exist as a cartoon or anything on paper, actually. And for this thread, I really think it's cheating, because she wasn't conceptualized until like mid late highschool. Still, I think I get the waifu thing.

I sound like a creepy robot, don't I? I just mean that like, when bored or having problems with something I'd imagine her helping me get through it, or I'd imagine trying to help her get through a problem of her own.


I think I might understand what you mean, although I am completely unable to envision it. See I get the concept of developing an entire persona based on a feeling or a concept, basically rationalizing the relation to say, an art to oneself in a more "conventional" way (being to being). Pretty sure I've felt or at least considered things along those lines.
However, I might be super vain and shallow, but I need a "visual shell" to materialize my waifus. It can be a blank shape, a shadow, I don't care, I'll "see" it.

Waifus are pretty serious business though. Heck, I still have waifus. x)



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehNDLy38l0Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK2U-0U0hA4
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic


User avatar
Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon
Posts: 1944
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Ashtree

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » January 28th, 2015, 3:10 am

My bad, Ochi Chornye's supposed to go with the lyrics here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Eyes_%28song%29

Basically she had dark eyes.
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic


User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 3816
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Alice » January 28th, 2015, 6:37 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:No, you're not. I'm just trying to think of the ones I enjoyed :undecided:

I'm having trouble remembering that sort of thing myself, lol. I know that it happened but I simply can't think of what characters at all.
💙💙💙
Image
Image

User avatar
Zummorr
Posts: 382
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 12:00 am

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Zummorr » January 28th, 2015, 8:10 am

Ermm, I actually a couple crushes in high school you know! But I was a knavish scarred freshman who thought "Oh no, I have to figure out some good excuse to befriend said person. But I'm pretty sure her interests don't coincide with mine."

Spoilers! the story ends when she goes to another school the end of that year.

But you want the fictional characters? Well I never really had like a "Crush" on any of them I liked some particular designs though. In particular Frimelda from FFA2 was pretty cool, she was a self-less, amazing blademaster who got on the bad side of the jealousy of others. Although I might have liked her because her face art was good and she was super overpowered.

I also liked Nina from Breath of Fire 1, but then again I like the whole angel/flying humanoid motif despite the impossibility of it.

Sarusig
Posts: 345
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 4:54 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Sarusig » January 28th, 2015, 3:01 pm

Zummorr wrote:Ermm, I actually a couple crushes in high school you know! But I was a knavish scarred freshman who thought "Oh no, I have to figure out some good excuse to befriend said person. But I'm pretty sure her interests don't coincide with mine."


No that's not how you do it. You must create the common interests. For instance, you can use buckets of chicken.

http://youtu.be/ZEayzXjUGsI

Zummorr wrote:I also liked Nina from Breath of Fire 1, but then again I like the whole angel/flying humanoid motif despite the impossibility of it.


You say that now, but with science it'll all be possible!
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

User avatar
Zummorr
Posts: 382
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 12:00 am

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Zummorr » January 28th, 2015, 8:35 pm

Sarusig wrote:
No that's not how you do it. You must create the common interests. For instance, you can use buckets of chicken.


You say that now, but with science it'll all be possible!


Buckets of chicken, man why didn't stupid young me think of that.

Well you say that...but here is the thing, at the moment we are able to turn adult (bone marrow stem cells iirc) cells into pluripotent stem cells. This means that basically we can create stem cells from a mammal and make a blob of cell tissue with it.

It sounds great because we can make replicating cell lines for alot of things right? But the problem is in the application of that "blob" of cells to where it is needed. The cultured cells don't have proper vascular structure to work together in the organ and many of the lower cells suffocate or don't attach to the organ. Overall adding a "patch" of these kidney cells to say a kidney doesn't really help with kidney regeneration...Essentially it would be like throwing a pile of bricks and piping down to make a house, sure they are the same materials that make a house but without the slow methodical application of brickwork and infrastructure it doesn't stick or add to the structure of the building.

I bring this up because in comparison these are VERY VERY simple grafts compared the complicated structures of an entire arm. (or wing) And we still have more problems with it from there. And I also mention these stem cells because they get around the key problem that plagues organ transplants.

Soo.. you are thinking of transplanting grafts...just don't...dinosaurs ( Avians) and early mammals differentiated a stupidly long time ago. And we have enough trouble just grafting human parts to human parts...not because we can't tailor the parts to fit...but because we have to get around the immune system. Patients who do reason transplants have to go on immunosuppressants for the rest of their lives.

Sooo...genetic engineering? Well there are a lot of problems there too. Since physiologically you would have to affix an entirely new and different set of arm structures, not actually as hard as it seems since there is a weird copy and paste nature to those regulatory genes. But the real problems are 1.) getting said structures to actually work and not be useless squicky hang-offs. and 2.) getting a mammal to produce either a bat like skin membrane (squick) or the idealized feathers on one portion of a body...this would be a trick since no mammal has feathers...some mammals have scales and scales...and scales were modified into feathers...But even assuming you get all this right ...and ignoring the dozens of defective genetically modified humans you would make (genetics still has a lot of trial and error) or even the fact that genetics is full of bizarre entanglements...you still wouldn't fly, physiology, bones aren't right, our center of gravity is our pelvis not our chest...If you look at a skeleton of a bird you'll notice that they have a rather prominent sternum, and it is kinda needed to attach all the muscles that powered flight requires.

Ignoring these problems as well, one big bad extinct bird was Argentavius estimated to have weighed about 120lbs had a wing span of 23ft just so you know that means a single wing that is 11 and half feet long. Sooo yeah, flying humanoids would need incredibly large wings. And yeah I know I glossed over the whole aerodynamics and alot of other problems but I don't know those physics.

Tl:DR Chicken is a good thing for dates. Wings on people won't happen until after we get better at using pluripotent stem cells. Wait I forgot this thread is about waifus...

User avatar
Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon
Posts: 1944
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Ashtree

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » January 28th, 2015, 8:51 pm

+1
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic


User avatar
Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre
Posts: 453
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 12:33 am

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Isocitration » January 28th, 2015, 8:57 pm

(ridley)

After giving it some serious thought, I don't think I've ever actually had a crush on a fictional character? Plenty of pointless real ones though.

fakedit: ninja'd wtf are we talking about now
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

Sarusig
Posts: 345
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 4:54 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Sarusig » January 28th, 2015, 9:15 pm

Isocitration wrote:(ridley)

After giving it some serious thought, I don't think I've ever actually had a crush on a fictional character? Plenty of pointless real ones though.

fakedit: ninja'd wtf are we talking about now


Chicken angel waifus. That's pretty much a reverse Hatoful boyfriend.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

User avatar
Zummorr
Posts: 382
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 12:00 am

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Zummorr » January 29th, 2015, 6:26 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:+1

I thought it was your job to give these overly long technical explanations.

Sarusig wrote:
Chicken angel waifus. That's pretty much a reverse Hatoful boyfriend.

@Sarusig
Chicken angel waifu is a fantastical racist term. They prefer to be called Avian Americans (not my joke)

User avatar
Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon
Posts: 1944
Joined: December 29th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Ashtree

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » January 29th, 2015, 6:36 am

Zummorr wrote:I thought it was your job to give these overly long technical explanations.


ha
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic


User avatar
Eila
Posts: 49
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 8:55 am
Location: Saturn

Re: What were your kid crushes?

Postby Eila » February 1st, 2015, 11:45 am

The woman cop from Bonkers.


Return to “The Trash Heap”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest