Post your desktop

Post yours, forum games, and other post++ styled threads go here.
potato_sniff
Cousin Janet

Re: Post your desktop

Postby potato_sniff » December 27th, 2014, 2:27 am

Made my desktop not look super bland

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » December 29th, 2014, 12:57 am

Every 10 Minutes it changes into the moon.
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

Sephiko

Postby Sephiko » December 29th, 2014, 2:54 am

I was curious so I went back to watch AUS - 14... besides the "where am i going now" lyrics, not much happened.

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » December 29th, 2014, 3:10 am

yeah it's just there because I am rewatching that LP and was at that episode
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

Rumia

Postby Rumia » December 29th, 2014, 5:07 am

What the hey, why not:
Wallpaper Source

The desktop itself doesn't get much use from me so it's mostly a dumping ground for things I don't need immediately but also don't want to forget later. I don't even use those shortcuts, they're just there from the distant past.

7TC7

Postby 7TC7 » January 1st, 2015, 2:00 pm

My wallpaper is always completely cluttered with all the files from the last two months... so I cleaned up for your convinience!

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » January 1st, 2015, 5:19 pm

My Windows background is different. But this is my usual background, stolen straight from the golden cow himself. Although I've found myself questioning desktop backgrounds in general lately...

Also this is traditional where I come from:

cat /proc/version

Linux version 3.17.6-1-ARCH (builduser@foutrelis) (gcc version 4.9.2 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Dec 7 23:43:32 UTC 2014

cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep name
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz

cat /proc/meminfo | grep Total
MemTotal: 3719316 kB
SwapTotal: 4000180 kB

Also throwing it out there - I'm running Cinnamon (Mint's fork of GNOME (shut up)), version 2.4.5 . This is a Sony VAIO s-series laptop. So Intel's integrated graphics :( . My hard drive is about 500GB if you're curious. You basically know what there is to know now. Fairly good build quality. It's lasted 4 years well, and several oses. Would recommend.
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » January 2nd, 2015, 2:57 am

If we're posting spec here's mine:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
CPU: Intel 4670K @ 3.8Ghz (With one of those closed loop water coolers.)
RAM: 16GB of DDR3 @ 1333Mhz iirc
GPU: nVidia (EVGA brand) superclocked GTX 970 (Running a 2560x1440 monitor and a 1920x1080 secondary plus I have a 1366x768 tertiary running off my cpu)

And I currently have three hard drives, a 320GB Western Digital as my OS drive, a 4TB Seagate which is my newest and has two partitions since my 1TB games drive died, then a 2TB Seagate which I mostly use for music and pictures though there's a lot of Gog installers and such there as well.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » January 3rd, 2015, 5:27 pm

needed wii stuff, enough to reboot

too many icons, gross

Specs the same, just using Windows 7 64 sp1 which yeah
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

Telamon

Postby Telamon » January 3rd, 2015, 5:44 pm

Comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko as seen from the Rosetta Spacecraft.

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » January 4th, 2015, 8:24 am

Lol Pokémon Project spoilers.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 3rd, 2015, 1:15 am

Big (8mb) pic warning. I really like the one on the left monitor. It's one of my favorites, lol.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 3rd, 2015, 2:03 am

Alice wrote:I really like the one on the left monitor. It's one of my favorites, lol.

Where's that from? Cause that is cool.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 3rd, 2015, 2:18 am

I'm not actually sure. I found it on total accident while searching for something else and saved it then promptly forgot about it. If you want it you can download it here. Reverse image searching it says it's from a comic called Thorn. Sounds somewhat interesting.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 3rd, 2015, 3:23 am

Alice wrote:Big (8mb) pic warning. I really like the one on the left monitor. It's one of my favorites, lol.

dat left aligned start bar

welcome to unity :kappa:

<tovakj> yes

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 3rd, 2015, 2:03 pm

I actually have three different start bars. A bottom aligned one on the right monitor, left aligned on the center monitor, then a left aligned auto-hide one on the left monitor, lol. Also I have several things disabled on them. The two extra ones only show icons for those monitors and nothing else while the middle one has no clock and the desktop peek button has been disabled because Skulltag (well Zandronum now) doesn't bind the mouse to the window properly so I'd end up mousing over that button in the middle of a game annoyingly. Not that I ever used it anyways. Win+space is a lot easier to do.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 3rd, 2015, 2:20 pm

My preferred panel set up would be like what I have on arch, based on the old gnome2 styles you'd see. Generally so launchers are at the top, sysinfo and running processes are at the bottom. It'd make room for a longform date too, which if you don't live a consistent lifestyle is the only way you're gonna know the day of the week.

I wish I could or knew how to do that with windows though. Or even just getting it back to the point where the open processes displayed their names instead of relying on icons; frankly it could be twice as efficient if I could size it down without falling back on teeny tiny icons. Or having firefox or chrome or whatever not treat every tab as an open window, that would be nice.

<tovakj> yes

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 3rd, 2015, 2:39 pm

Firefox doesn't treat every tab as a window the way I'm using it. Though I've actually used a registry hack because I really hate the "combine similar windows" option but like just having the icons. If I were to unlock and resize my taskbar you'd actually get this:
Not normally possible without a registry hack to change the minimum size of the entries on the taskbar.

As for date, I keep my clock and date info on my right monitor using Rainmeter. All that info on my right monitor is never covered meaning I can just glance over and see it even when playing a game. The only big issue with that Rainmeter layout is that at this point the MSI Afterburner skin I'm using is kinda really hacky. GPU Voltage doesn't actually return the voltage anymore, shader clocks no longer exist on nVidia cards, PCB Temp isn't something that actually has ever reported a temperature since I started using it. Also the framerate measure doesn't work all the time but that's because Microsoft, for some brilliant reason, decided to make it so software like MSI Afterburner can't poll the framerate in DX11 games so it only works for DX10, DX9, and OpenGL.

One of these days I should actually overhaul the skin so it doesn't have so much unused info on it. I'd need to edit the header pic but if I did then I could remove unused stuff and stack the useful stuff in one column and just make the skin slightly taller. I also need to edit my CPU core temperatures skin because the little bars that show the temperature don't seem to scale right and max out around 50ºC. (And even the lowest temperatures they ever show are over the halfway point.) Actually most of those skins are heavily edited now that I think on it. The clock is unedite, the weather one is unedited, the network is unedited, and I think the disk usage might be as well. My Windows Media Player skin is completely custom, just using some resources from another skin, and MSI Afterburner is heavily edited. The ones labelled Core Temps and System in my screenshot are even more heavily edited. The System one simply reported total cpu usage and ram usage. I changed it to do per-core usage, show swap usage (though swap in the case of Rainmeter reports total memory usage between both ram and swap and not just swap), and added a system uptime timer because with my sleep schedule it's hard to keep a consistent schedule as it is. Without a timer like that so I could see how long I've been up I'll end up staying up anywhere from only 14 hours to as long as 22 before realizing I've been up a long time. The core temps one had two versions. One reported overall cpu temps and the other reported up to two cores. I took the code from the dual core one and then edited the overall one to support four cores and added the cpu speed and multiplier bits. Though the speed and multiplier bits are no longer useful. At some point I did something that stuck my processor into its full max turbo speed permanently so it never actually varies now. And the 3791mhz bit might seem odd but from what I can tell it actually has something to do with the fact that my right monitor is running off the processor's integrated graphics. (Loltext.)
💙💙💙

Buttson

Postby Buttson » February 6th, 2015, 11:25 am

potato_sniff wrote:Made my desktop not look super bland

Getter Robo respect, man.

I keep my desktop clean and taskbars hidden, which makes for really boring screenshots to share but whatever. Made this one myself so might as well show it off.
Image Dicks

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 6th, 2015, 5:13 pm

Whose head is that being served on a silver platter?
💙💙💙

Buttson

Postby Buttson » February 8th, 2015, 5:07 am

That'd be John the Baptist, being held by the lovely Salome

Dicks

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 8th, 2015, 5:33 am

Well it doesn't look like a particularly appetizing dinner. Doesn't even look like she cooked it.
💙💙💙

metasomnia

Postby metasomnia » March 21st, 2015, 9:03 pm

Meh. I posted this on the talkhaus but I'll post it here too.

Have a pic.
Have a literal signature:

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » June 27th, 2015, 12:55 am

http://alice-cheshire.rocks/ShareX/2015 ... -47-54.png

It's a 7.3mb pic just to warn you all.
💙💙💙

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario
Location: IDK I think it was like a pocket dimension or somethin

Postby Lead Luigi » June 27th, 2015, 1:15 am

I guess I should probably upload my new laptop's desktop, right?

:kappa:
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » June 27th, 2015, 1:45 am

love it

<tovakj> yes

pholtos

Postby pholtos » June 27th, 2015, 1:52 am

Oh this is a thing?

metasomnia

Postby metasomnia » October 14th, 2015, 1:48 am

Have a thing

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » October 14th, 2015, 3:18 am

Forgot to do this :p

also got an amd radeon r9 in there somewhere, but, well, i wasn't doing any thing with it in this image.

<tovakj> yes

Ashan

Postby Ashan » October 17th, 2015, 4:19 am

► Show Spoiler

metasomnia

Postby metasomnia » October 19th, 2015, 7:43 am

I feel like this is what would happen if Tim Burton designed anything with Mario in it:

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 30th, 2015, 12:38 am

💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » August 18th, 2016, 8:19 am

I just got done sorting through 3800 images I saved up over the last year or so to add to my wallpapers collection.

I don't think I have nearly enough yet. Also that date range, lol. Wtf. Also I'm pretty sure there's probably still some doubles left. I used a duplicate image finding program and got like 400 results, though a fair chunk of those (20-30 or so) were false positives. When I was going through the folder and repopulating my favorites folder for my secondary monitor (the one that has its desktop covered least often) I came across two duplicates that were close together whose only actual differences were their resolutions which shouldn't have been a problem with the program I was using.

These two are in fact nearly identical other than one being 3kb smaller than the other and, of course, having a different filename.
💙💙💙

metasomnia

Postby metasomnia » August 25th, 2016, 2:01 pm

Return to “The Trash Heap”