Best of Isocitration LPs (Suggestions?)

The fabled art of 'let's play' is nigh tangible here. Got an LP you're just itching to share? Or maybe you just want to make snarky comments about someone's bad playing? That kind of thing goes here!
Aposke
Location: Take my post count and subtract 400. That's how many good posts I've made

Best of Isocitration LPs (Suggestions?)

Postby Aposke » February 16th, 2015, 8:45 am

Yo!

I figured if I'm gonna be active in here I should probably start watching some of Iso's LPs to justify me being on this forum as opposed to literally any other on the WWW. So I started with Panic Crisis Mage attack a few days ago, which was already pretty entertaining to watch commentary-wise. Now I'm looking for something else to watch, and I figured "Why not dig around the archives?".
Well, that seemed like a good idea until I discovered Iso has probably more than a thousand videos uploaded, and Youtube isn't very great when it comes to digging through 100+ videos ("See more" –> "See more" -> "See more", etc.).

tl;dr: Are there any Iso "classics" that everyone and their dog should've watched? LPs that are completely entertaining and fun throughout, maybe even with a game that has an interesting storyline or feel to it? Personal recommendations would of course also be appreciated! :bloodtrail:

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Re: Best of Isocitration LPs (Suggestions?)

Postby Jolpengammler » February 16th, 2015, 8:52 am

I think this won't be much of a discussion,
Iso's best LP was
La-Mulana.
Besides that for me it also was the Half Life 2 Trilogy thing and of Curse as the creator Gah! My leg fell asleep!
(But I think most people just loved the La-Mulana LP because of Iso's enthusiasm in that game everyone had fun!)
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

Aposke
Location: Take my post count and subtract 400. That's how many good posts I've made

Postby Aposke » February 16th, 2015, 9:10 am

Dankesehr für die schnelle Antwort! Gerade rechtzeitig zum Frühstück :D
Gonna start with La Mulana then, seems like that'll be enough material for a week or so~

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 16th, 2015, 9:14 am

Jolpengammler wrote:I think this won't be much of a discussion,
Iso's best LP was
La-Mulana.
Besides that for me it also was the Half Life 2 Trilogy thing and of Curse as the creator Gah! My leg fell asleep!
(But I think most people just loved the La-Mulana LP because of Iso's enthusiasm in that game everyone had fun!)

I think the general consensus was that La-Mulana is his best, or at least most popular, LP. It's the one that convinced me to subscribe to him actually.

Beret is also a good one if you like interesting platformers. (There's also Chaosity, Tower of Evil, Beret Week, and Deception LLC as additional Beret LPs as well.)
💙💙💙

Absolut Zero

Postby Absolut Zero » February 16th, 2015, 9:22 am

You know, I already made a neat thread containing all of Iso's Lp's links to every playlist and stuff, I believe it is easier to use then Youtube itself honestly.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27

That being said, the Banjo Kazooie one was a really good recent one to watch, same with Shantae Risky's Revenge. If you want good classic Iso, then I would recommend Goddess of Wisdom

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » February 16th, 2015, 9:33 am

I can't really guarantee anything pre-2012 to actually be decent. I mean, I can't guarantee the quality of any my videos, but everything after should be tolerable. Maybe.
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

Absolut Zero

Postby Absolut Zero » February 16th, 2015, 10:11 am

I have kind of a nostalgia for the old Iso, I rather enjoyed your old zelda series' but you were kinda all over the place and way more energetic then you are now.

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 16th, 2015, 10:15 am

I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate and point out that I actually got a large amount of enjoyment from Iso's first LPs. Oracle of Seasons does start out a little rocky, yes, but it also is the one that introduced the tradition of calling Zols "Dogs"  (it was originally a slip, in fact) . Though I would say that Link's Awakening, despite the technical issues (including EAR RAPE in Episode 15 :undecided:), was quite fun and silly in its own right. Goddess of Wisdom is also quite a classic (and is, in fact, the first LP of his I saw), but ironically I can't really watch it anymore since it was made with an outdated version of the hack (in all fairness, though, it wasn't outdated at the time, and in fact, Iso's LP may have been the impetus for PuzzleDude to continue work on the hack and make a Version 3.0).

I also omega (smallest infinite ordinal, like "second", "third", and so on) La-Mulana, for obvious reasons (including the fact that you'll see me constantly refer to one of the characters in that game as my wife :tstick2: (*huggles Tiamat* I LOVE YOU, MY POWERFUL SNAKE GODDESS HONEY :theart: :theart: :theart: ))
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 16th, 2015, 10:30 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Though I would say that Link's Awakening, despite the technical issues (including EAR RAPE in Episode 15 :undecided:), was quite fun and silly in its own right.

I should get around to this one after I finish rewatching raocow's S. Mario LP since I recently got it off Club Nintendo on my 3ds. Then I can just let Iso do all the hard work and follow along on my own, lol. (I actually have yet to ever beat it without screen warping. Furthest I've ever gotten was the fourth dungeon.)
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 16th, 2015, 10:57 am

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Though I would say that Link's Awakening, despite the technical issues (including EAR RAPE in Episode 15 :undecided:), was quite fun and silly in its own right.

I should get around to this one after I finish rewatching raocow's S. Mario LP since I recently got it off Club Nintendo on my 3ds. Then I can just let Iso do all the hard work and follow along on my own, lol. (I actually have yet to ever beat it without screen warping. Furthest I've ever gotten was the fourth dungeon.)

When you play it, might I remind you that you don't have to keep the Sword equipped at all times...and in fact, after Level 5, the Sword can be replaced, in most cases, with the Hookshot? Yes, seriously. The Hookshot is surprisingly OP in Link's Awakening as it happens :tsurprise: :theart: ; the Boomerang and Magic Rod even more so.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

7TC7

Postby 7TC7 » February 16th, 2015, 11:25 am

Personally I'd recommend the What the Hells and pretty much every Super Metroid (I think Eris or Ice Metal where the best, but I really can't remember). Those where the two things I first watched on Iso's channel and are probably the first I'd ever rewatch (after I'm finally done with all of the backlog)

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 16th, 2015, 2:58 pm

Crack-Life is the far superior LP. :kappa:

7TC7 wrote:Personally I'd recommend the What the Hells and pretty much every Super Metroid (I think Eris or Ice Metal where the best, but I really can't remember). Those where the two things I first watched on Iso's channel and are probably the first I'd ever rewatch (after I'm finally done with all of the backlog)

I actually absolutely agree with all of that, and my first Iso stuff was SM:Eris. I even enjoyed Golden Dawn.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 16th, 2015, 3:22 pm

My favs are beret, what the hell, and the original shantae personally. Original gimmick was pretty good too. And 2+. But maybe I'm weird
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

potato_sniff
Cousin Janet

Postby potato_sniff » February 16th, 2015, 8:44 pm

La-mulana is pretty great and made me feel good so thats nice

pretty much all of the half-lifes are fun as well

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 16th, 2015, 8:50 pm

An LP that I loved but has been somewhat overshadowed by the "similar" Banjo-Kazooz was Rocket:Robot on Wheels. I didn't really like the B-K LPs because they felt like dragged out trainwrecks for the most part, whereas for some reason, Rocket felt like instantaneous fun to me. I really liked the variety of it, and Iso was quite entertaining in them too.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

Return to “LP Smackdown 20-0-10”