New LP Suggestions?

The fabled art of 'let's play' is nigh tangible here. Got an LP you're just itching to share? Or maybe you just want to make snarky comments about someone's bad playing? That kind of thing goes here!
Absolut Zero
Site Developer

New LP Suggestions?

Postby Absolut Zero » December 24th, 2014, 9:39 am

Do you have an amazing game that Iso hasn't played yet and just know that he will love it? Why not make a post about it?

Keep in mind Iso generally likes to play things blind so if you suggest something he has already played it may not come to pass.

Iso's favorite game genres include; Platformers, Puzzle-Platformers, Metroid-Vanias, ROM-hacks (SMW mostly), Action-Adventure, Touhou, Indie and of course; Archaeological Ruin Exploration.

Be sure to include a link to information regarding to and or a download link for the game in question (please no copyright infringement links though)

Alice
⦂☽

Re: New LP Suggestions?

Postby Alice » December 24th, 2014, 6:42 pm

Went ahead and stickied this.

For a game suggestion I highly recommend Dust: An Elysian Tail It's a great game and far less known than it deserves because people see the artwork and immediately write it off as a furry game when it's far closer to something like Looney Toons than furry stuff. It's an action-platformer with some Metroidvania-esque elements and a bit of an RPG system like the newer Castlevanias have. (Actually it's closer to Distorted Travesty than those but it's still the same idea.)
💙💙💙

potato_sniff
Cousin Janet

Postby potato_sniff » December 24th, 2014, 7:05 pm

Alice wrote:Went ahead and stickied this.

For a game suggestion I highly recommend Dust: An Elysian Tail It's a great game and far less known than it deserves because people see the artwork and immediately write it off as a furry game when it's far closer to something like Looney Toons than furry stuff. It's an action-platformer with some Metroidvania-esque elements and a bit of an RPG system like the newer Castlevanias have. (Actually it's closer to Distorted Travesty than those but it's still the same idea.)

that would be an awsome idea, but he sort of played it already ;c

edit: nvm he only did like two hours

Frozelar

Postby Frozelar » December 24th, 2014, 7:23 pm

I'm sure Iso and most of the audience is burned out on Banjo-Kazooie-resembling 3D-platforming type games, but in the future if Iso ever gets interested in the genre again, I'd highly recommend A Bug's Life by Disney-Pixar. For the Playstation 1. I played the heck out of it with my brother when I was super young and remember loving it. It's sort of in the style of Banjo-Kazooie, but it's quite a bit shorter and there's no world-select-hub thing, you just pick what level you want to play. There's plenty of collectibles and achievements and whatnot to complete in each level, and it never gets super crazy hard. There's also plenty of variety with enemies and "weapons" and "tools" and whatnot. It can be found on the CoolROM website. I'm not exactly sure what you can and can't link so I'll just say that.

Aside from that, I'd also LOVE to see Iso play another Super Metroid hack.

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 25th, 2014, 3:21 am

potato_sniff wrote:
Alice wrote:Went ahead and stickied this.

that would be an awsome idea, but he sort of played it already ;c

edit: nvm he only did like two hours

Yeah I didn't end up playing too much of it yet. Made it a little past the first town. I like the game but I really sucked at the combat if I'm remembering right. I was told to play it on hard mode though, which might have had something to do with it I guess? The aerial combat I found to be really amazing when I could pull it off though!
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 25th, 2014, 3:27 am

At times the combat can be a bit brutal. Even on easy mode I had trouble with the trolls or giants or whatever the large miniboss-esque enemies were. And the end of the game would probably be a freaking nightmare on hard honestly. If you were to play on an easier difficulty however you should be fine.
💙💙💙

Rhihad

Postby Rhihad » December 25th, 2014, 10:27 am

With Metroidvanias being Aisou's preferred kinda genre, I would highly _very highly_ recommend trying the free game Treasure Adventure Game. It's really nicely built, has some killer music and for a free game is actually very polished!

NorwegianboyEE

Postby NorwegianboyEE » December 25th, 2014, 11:26 am

I don`t know if i am part of a minority here but i really liked the LP`s of the Half Life games and would love to see Iso play more FPS-games like it, maybe Bioshock? or even F.E.A.R... if Iso dares thread that far... (He got "scared" by Half Life 1 so i highly doubt it)
I think its just the idea of people with witty personalities playing horror/FPS games along with silly platformers that really turn me on! (example: GnomesharkLP)

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 25th, 2014, 11:39 am

Admittedly I try to stay pretty much as far away from the horror genre as possible because, well, I'm an extremely jumpy person, haha. That said, I have no idea how fear + commentating would mix, so I don't think I'd rule out the idea for now. I'd just be a bit... apprehensive about playing a game like that.

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » December 25th, 2014, 12:33 pm

:oops: Mischief Makers :oops:

I know... It's the first time I've ever suggested this... this month. If you're unsure weather you'd like it, youtoob up a video of a few levels. It's very gimmicky, and runs on the console64 very ok.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 25th, 2014, 7:37 pm

NorwegianboyEE wrote:I don`t know if i am part of a minority here but i really liked the LP`s of the Half Life games and would love to see Iso play more FPS-games like it, maybe Bioshock? or even F.E.A.R... if Iso dares thread that far... (He got "scared" by Half Life 1 so i highly doubt it)
I think its just the idea of people with witty personalities playing horror/FPS games along with silly platformers that really turn me on! (example: GnomesharkLP)

I never watched the HL LP since I'm not a fan of HL at all but I wouldn't mind seeing a few other types of games from Iso once in awhile. Things get a bit stale after awhile if everything's always the same. (Though Zelda Classic is kinda a bit of a change since it's different even than the Zeldas he's LPed.)
💙💙💙

Frozelar

Postby Frozelar » December 25th, 2014, 7:43 pm

I thought his Half Life LP's were the most hilarious he's ever done. I'd love to see another similar FPS.

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » December 25th, 2014, 8:24 pm

He has to freakin' FINISH CRACK-LIFE. Nub.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

Sephiko

Postby Sephiko » December 25th, 2014, 8:29 pm

Proper LP of Summon Night for more Esmurrelmo shenanigans.

And eventually Psychonauts like he wanted.
Last edited by Sephiko on December 25th, 2014, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

8flight

Postby 8flight » December 25th, 2014, 8:36 pm

Play Magklx

spitznagl

Postby spitznagl » December 25th, 2014, 8:51 pm

Bonesaw is an nes like platformer with emphasis on fighting and puzzle solving. Do you want random white discharges in your pants? Then just listen to its music.

It could also make a fun LP some day.

Lunatic Quark

Postby Lunatic Quark » December 25th, 2014, 10:26 pm

seconding Mischeif Makers so hard

I also liked Summon Night, but that would depend on if Iso still wants to play it and doesn't mind doing some percent of the game unblind

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 26th, 2014, 3:08 am

Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2. As long as he says Aera (the default name for the girl character) sees "A Devil Girl" at the start :P. Dinah is too funny, with her crazy split-personality!

Oh, and...(looks at her Steam game list, realizes most of her games are turn-based RPGs)...umm...maybe Wings of Vi? Something tells me Iso would enjoy that cute-but-deadly platformer.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Leet

Postby Leet » December 26th, 2014, 4:32 am

Hey Iso I really recommend the game Anodyne. It has gameplay similar to Zelda but it is generally more dreamlike and atmospheric, with said atmosphere ranging from wacky to peaceful to creepy. Also, instead of "overworld and dungeons" its more just a bunch of different interconnected areas, some more dungeon-y than others but there isn't a clear division. It's really, really good, it's one of my favorite games and also it's pretty cheap. I would love to see somebody LP it.
Genie wrote:No one is innocent so Karma doesn’t care who it kills. It strikes out randomly assured it destroys a sinner.

potato_sniff
Cousin Janet

Postby potato_sniff » December 26th, 2014, 5:19 am

Leet wrote:Hey Iso I really recommend the game Anodyne

He sort of streamed the game to completion on twitch, i'd post it but it was before the big whipe of his things ;c

Leet

Postby Leet » December 26th, 2014, 5:28 am

awww :(
Genie wrote:No one is innocent so Karma doesn’t care who it kills. It strikes out randomly assured it destroys a sinner.

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 26th, 2014, 5:34 am

Blame Argumentable for gifting it to me as a prize for Magl 2.

Don't tell no one he was nice also I don't know if people usually get prizes for those contests so shh

An0malies
Not to be mixed up with ano0maly from the talkhaus

Postby An0malies » December 26th, 2014, 7:36 am

As a joke LP, would you LP Bad Rats, the legendary bad physics puzzle game on Steam?
Not to be confused with the one from the Talkhaus, please read this first.

Kiwisauce

Postby Kiwisauce » December 27th, 2014, 10:47 am

I would like to third EighteenCharacters' suggestion of Mischief Makers and second Frozelar's suggestion of A Bug's Life (which is also available for the N64).

I have other games to suggest but I wonder if Iso feels overwhelmed by suggestions so I will stick to agreeing with other people for now.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 27th, 2014, 10:54 am

I can't speak for A Bug's Life but I'd like to see Mischief Makers if it's a 100% run.
💙💙💙

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 27th, 2014, 11:12 am

True story, I was going to do an LP Mishief Makers last year some time but I remember I had some annoying graphical issues happening, at least during the intro (which is all I've seen). However, I have since learned that I was using an outdated version of the emulator so maybe that doesn't happen anymore?

Absolut Zero
Site Developer

Postby Absolut Zero » December 28th, 2014, 10:25 am

Isocitration wrote:True story, I was going to do an LP Mishief Makers last year some time but I remember I had some annoying graphical issues happening, at least during the intro (which is all I've seen). However, I have since learned that I was using an outdated version of the emulator so maybe that doesn't happen anymore?

I played mischief makers on project64 1.6.1 without any issue...

I have heard that the newest version has even more improved compatibility so maybe try version 2.1

http://www.pj64-emu.com/downloads/func- ... no_html,1/

and oh man that game does sound like it could be right up your alley lol

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » January 3rd, 2015, 6:31 am

Uh oh, what have I got myself into this time...?

Absolut Zero
Site Developer

Postby Absolut Zero » January 3rd, 2015, 8:01 am

Isocitration wrote:Uh oh, what have I got myself into this time...?

Some sort of ridiculously difficult rom hack? lol

whatever it is I am excited to see it!

7TC7

Postby 7TC7 » January 3rd, 2015, 10:19 am

Isocitration wrote:Uh oh, what have I got myself into this time...?

I love it, when you pretty much force me to watch an older let's play of yours just so that I know what that new game is about. Who knows if there is any important Iso-lore, that would be lost on me, if I watch them out of order!? *brb, watching all of Mr. Gimmick*

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » January 3rd, 2015, 10:21 am

7TC7 wrote:Who knows if there is any important Iso-lore, that would be lost on me, if I watch them out of order!? *brb, watching all of Mr. Gimmick*

I haven't seen the other myself but judging by this first level it doesn't seem the other one is necessary to watch before this one. I'm gonna go watch it myself too though since it's one I haven't yet seen and isn't on my to-watch list yet.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » January 3rd, 2015, 10:41 am

I'm going to suggest a rule for new LP threads. We should try and decide who gets the next thread at the end of the previous one. And if Iso will let us know beforehand (like when he's uploading maybe) then whoever gets the next thread can create the new thread then and we'll fix the name later. That way Iso can link the thread in the first episode and we won't have times like right now where no one has claimed it.
Alice wrote:I haven't seen the other myself but judging by this first level it doesn't seem the other one is necessary to watch before this one. I'm gonna go watch it myself too though since it's one I haven't yet seen and isn't on my to-watch list yet.

After watching the first episode it looks like all you might be missing is the similarity in level design.
💙💙💙

7TC7

Postby 7TC7 » January 3rd, 2015, 11:21 am

Don't worry, I wasn't complaining. I was serious, when I said that I love it. This Let's Play in particular was really short, to boot, so it's not even much of an investment. I just like seeing Isos first reactions to the things and figuring out the game mechanics in the original game before seeing him be competent at them in the hack. ;)

Telamon

Postby Telamon » January 3rd, 2015, 5:45 pm

Are we sure Jolpengammler wasn't involved in making this hack?

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » January 4th, 2015, 1:03 am

did I mention the link's awakening hacks on rom hacking punctuation mark net? too much zeldo at once maybe though

sorry
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » January 4th, 2015, 1:21 am

Seems like everyone and their alt accounts wants me to play more Zelda. That's okay but I just finished one, unless the intent is people want my channel to become dedicated to it or something ? !

P.S. If no one is going to make a proper thread then I guess I'll have to. Eventually

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » January 4th, 2015, 3:26 am

Isocitration wrote:P.S. If no one is going to make a proper thread then I guess I'll have to. Eventually

Like I said in my Youtube comment, if no one else does it I can. I already spend enough time on the site so the longest it would take a thread to get made is about 14 hours and that's if you published a video right as I was going to bed. I was just going to give others a chance to make it since I already have more posts than the next three posters combined due to all the admin related posts I've made, lol.

Edit: Went ahead and just made it because I'm impatient, lol.
💙💙💙

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » January 4th, 2015, 6:32 am

Man all these folks keep wanting Zelda! Well you know what we need! The best off-brand Zelda clone on the Playstation 1! Alundra.
It is a decent game but has kinda stupid hard parts. But then again I would guess that getting mauled by isometric platforming would get old.

Or how about another Knock-off Zelda game called Elemental Gimmick Gear for the Dreamcast...naaw that game is kinda bad...

If you can Shinobi 3: Return of the Ninja master is pretty brilliant. and on the subject of Ninja games. Ninja-five O for the GBA is really fun if stupid hard.
If you are in the mood for a SHMUP then Axelay for the SNES is pretty great (and frigging possible to beat)

I would suggest RPGs but LPing RPGs is stupid no matter how good they are.

Rumia

Postby Rumia » January 4th, 2015, 8:54 pm

Since the fps genre isn't too alien for Iso, and LPing player-made content is pretty common for him, I wonder of Doom wads or Quake maps or something similar could be plausible? It'd be neat to see something different at least.

Also, an indie Zelda-like I enjoyed quite a bit was Ittle Dew if you crave more non-linear stuff.

Angani

Postby Angani » January 19th, 2015, 11:07 am

Have you considered Iji?
It's a great game overall, and freeware.
Platformer/Shooter

http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php

Return to “LP Smackdown 20-0-10”