La-Mulana

The fabled art of 'let's play' is nigh tangible here. Got an LP you're just itching to share? Or maybe you just want to make snarky comments about someone's bad playing? That kind of thing goes here!
User avatar
Absolut Zero
Posts: 610
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 3:51 am

La-Mulana

Postby Absolut Zero » December 24th, 2014, 9:21 am

Iso's LP of La-Mulana has been one of his most popular LP's. Even he claims that it is his best work, (and I would tend to agree) So rather then just shoving it into the backlog catalog, I thought it deserved its own thread and episode listing.

Quick Links

General Information
Playlist
Episode Listing
Twitch VOD's
Closing Comments
End of Post

General Information:

La-Mulana is an Archaeological Ruin Exploration Action Game in which you search inside ancient ruins, seeking out the Secret Treasure of Life which sleeps in the sprawling ruins of La-Mulana and is said to be the beginning of all civilization. Apart from the plethora of traps lying in wait to stop intruders, there are also monsters on the prowl, protecting the ruins. Head for the innermost depths of the ruins while solving a variety of mysteries, fending off monsters, and disarming traps.
Forging ahead will be no simple task, the further into the depths you reach, the more difficult the mysteries become.

Steam Page
GoG Page
Wiki Page

Playlist Link: Ο La-Mulana


Episode Listing

  1. In an Age of Technology, Some Still Prefer to Live in Tents
  2. Red Skellies are Your Friends!
  3. Snakey Wakey
  4. Figuring Things Out, Also the Opposite
  5. XLR8
  6. Land of the Largeness
  7. Who Done It
  8. Come on in, the water's fine!
  9. Bzzzzrt Bzzzort
  10. Well Dressed
  11. Kill a Fish, Make a Wish
  12. Dark Zone
  13. Lights Before My Eyes
  14. Let's Live in a Lovely Thigh
  15. No Smiles Allowed
  16. Seeking Eden
  17. I'm Small and I'm Proud
  18. Just Going Wherever
  19. Chain Reaction
  20. Photography is Hard
  21. Fail Tutorial: How to Read La-Mulana Script
  22. Mixed Signals
  23. Solutions to Unknown Problems
  24. Unleash the Waters
  25. The Endless Video
  26. A Bird, a Lizard, a Freakin' Child
  27. Beep Beep Boom Explosion
  28. Birth is a Confusing Process
  29. Pyramid Party
  30. Twintastic
  31. Witches' Spawn
  32. Grandpa to the Rescue
  33. The Dimensional Video
  34. Watch Out For Tha- ohh...Statue
  35. The Last Pyramid
  36. Lasers of Love
  37. Mantra Mystery
  38. Matricide
  39. Nightfall
  40. Hell Quest
  41. Heck Yeah
  42. An Old F(r)iend
  43. P.U.Zz.Zz.L.
  44. Down the Bladed Chimney
  45. (Final?) - Avert Your Eyes

Isocitration's Live Streams of La-Mulana (VOD's)

Sadly, almost every VOD of the La-Mulana series on twitch was automatically deleted after twitch implemented the "Must Highlight to Archive" "feature" This section is reserved if for some reason in the future Iso decides to stream it again.One Highlight does exist though.

Closing

Feel free to discuss any and every episode in this series! Any gameplay related questions if you are playing along with Iso can be posted here. I have played through the game many times and know it inside and out, as does many other people around here, so don't be shy!

End
Last edited by Absolut Zero on December 25th, 2014, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre
Posts: 454
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 12:33 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Isocitration » December 24th, 2014, 2:18 pm

My one regret with this LP is that I didn't figure out how to fix that lag issue until like episode 12/13. It was kind of hampering my enjoyment for a while and I feel like I was kinda giving off a negative vibe sometimes because of it. Thankfully everything after that was pretty much smooth sailing, post-game aside!
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 3908
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Alice » December 24th, 2014, 6:43 pm

Great thread and great LP, easily my favorite of Iso's LPs.

Also might I recommend adding Gog links for games that have them as well for people who want to avoid buying through Steam?
💙💙💙
Image
Image

User avatar
Rhihad
Posts: 25
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 10:21 am
Location: Finland

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Rhihad » December 25th, 2014, 5:07 pm

La-Mulana sure doesn't get enough credit. The game is truly a masterpiece and it's one of the few games where I've been able to endure multiple Let's Plays entirely through. Something about the game design does make it stand out especially well.

Naturally Aisou's LP was the most enjoyable one out of them all. La-Mulana 2 couldn't be released any faster... Shame I didn't back up more when the kickstarter was on :C

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1471
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: La-Mulana

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 25th, 2014, 6:22 pm

So rather then just shoving it into the backlog catalog, I thought it deserved its own thread and episode listing.


I agree.

Anyway, La-Mulana...what can I say? It seemed like this game was practically made for me: the creatures from mythology, the Metroidvania nature, the anti-theist themes, the somewhat tragic story (that ties into the anti-theism; it's easy to feel sympathy for the Mother and hate her for being a genocidal maniac. You can't say that about too many beings), the sex jokes, everything about it screamed "Hey, Earth Phantom! Play this!" Not to mention, Tiamat...wow, just wow :oops: ...cute, sexy, smart, powerful, devious, motherly...she had no lines of dialogue, but it was clear she was the perfect woman for a filly like me.

Well, regardless, is it alright to post pictures in this thread? Cause I found some pretty nice fanart (including an amazing one of Tiamat that I'm using as wallpaper now), as well as some official artwork, that I wanted to bring to the attention of the fern-haus (or whatever we want to call this place).
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 3908
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Alice » December 25th, 2014, 7:45 pm

Rhihad wrote:La-Mulana sure doesn't get enough credit. The game is truly a masterpiece and it's one of the few games where I've been able to endure multiple Let's Plays entirely through. Something about the game design does make it stand out especially well.

Naturally Aisou's LP was the most enjoyable one out of them all. La-Mulana 2 couldn't be released any faster... Shame I didn't back up more when the kickstarter was on :C

La-Mulana's the same for me plus it's the only game I can think of in the last year that I've done multiple playthroughs of myself as well.
EarthPhantomTS wrote:Well, regardless, is it alright to post pictures in this thread? Cause I found some pretty nice fanart (including an amazing one of Tiamat that I'm using as wallpaper now), as well as some official artwork, that I wanted to bring to the attention of the fern-haus (or whatever we want to call this place).

That shouldn't be a big problem so long as you only link anything that might be nsfw and give a warning that it is.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
An0malies
Not to be mixed up with ano0maly from the talkhaus
Posts: 43
Joined: December 26th, 2014, 6:52 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby An0malies » December 26th, 2014, 1:15 pm

On the note of La-Mulana 2! Nigoro has stated that there is no official release date so that they can make it as best as possible.

Only recently have they decided on the game engine
they are using for the game. They're taking their time, as they definitely should.

I'll be making some LM2 threads later today
Not to be confused with the one from the Talkhaus, please read this first.

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 3908
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Alice » December 26th, 2014, 8:10 pm

An0malies wrote:On the note of La-Mulana 2! Nigoro has stated that there is no official release date so that they can make it as best as possible.

Only recently have they decided on the game engine
they are using for the game. They're taking their time, as they definitely should.

I'll be making some LM2 threads later today

Better not to give a solid date or else far too many fans will get up in arms when they end up delayed. (Which is basically guaranteed to happen.) And I wonder if choosing Unity is going to make it easier for people to make their own maps and mods for the game. That'd be awesome.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
potato_sniff
Cousin Janet
Posts: 73
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 2:04 am
Location: In some box somewhere

Re: La-Mulana

Postby potato_sniff » December 26th, 2014, 8:44 pm

I'm happy there going to take there time with making no.2. If they rushed it, the chances are that it wouldn't be no where near as good as the first one.

User avatar
spitznagl
Posts: 15
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 2:53 pm
Location: .qc.ca/

Re: La-Mulana

Postby spitznagl » December 27th, 2014, 12:49 am

An0malies wrote:On the note of La-Mulana 2! Nigoro has stated that there is no official release date so that they can make it as best as possible.

Only recently have they decided on the game engine

I heard that they are making it for the Ming Mecca console.

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1471
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: La-Mulana

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 30th, 2014, 9:56 pm

Hey, I thought this thread could use some pretty pictures. So, here are a couple:

Image My two favorite characters fighting. I wanna join them! And by "join" I mean "steer the activity to something more...sexual" Lesbian wrestling. Topless

Image Well, I personally think she's cute here. Though it gets her species wrong :/ Nipples

Image Yeah, my wallpaper. This time without the icons Nipples

Alice wrote:
An0malies wrote:On the note of La-Mulana 2! Nigoro has stated that there is no official release date so that they can make it as best as possible.

Only recently have they decided on the game engine
they are using for the game. They're taking their time, as they definitely should.

I'll be making some LM2 threads later today

Better not to give a solid date or else far too many fans will get up in arms when they end up delayed. (Which is basically guaranteed to happen.) And I wonder if choosing Unity is going to make it easier for people to make their own maps and mods for the game. That'd be awesome.


Well, in the words of a game developer who we all probably enjoy the work of: "A delayed game comes out eventually. A bad game is bad forever" :)
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Zummorr
Posts: 382
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 12:00 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Zummorr » January 4th, 2015, 9:23 am

You know I am sorry to say that I still have not watched Iso's LP of this. Because I was busy playing it myself and basically my experience was not as err..pleasant.

I really wanted to enjoy this game but the Gate of Illusion (and many other puzzles) kinda broke my heart.
It is still a well put together game. It just baffles me that it decided to be overly obtuse when it really didn't need to be.

User avatar
Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre
Posts: 454
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 12:33 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Isocitration » January 4th, 2015, 10:00 am

The Gate of Illusion was a bit of a stopping point for me as well. I had it 99% figured out, but was stuck and left it alone for several episodes. In the end, I had to be told what to do via comment. The solution wasn't exactly obvious either, but I believe one tablet at least alluded to it... vaguely.

Honestly as much as I hate to admit it, the LP probably went as well as it did because of subtle hints in the comments guiding my playing somewhat.
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

User avatar
potato_sniff
Cousin Janet
Posts: 73
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 2:04 am
Location: In some box somewhere

Re: La-Mulana

Postby potato_sniff » January 4th, 2015, 10:39 am

Kind of makes you curious how well 2 will do for you, probibly wont be pretty since there would be MUCH less hints

User avatar
Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre
Posts: 454
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 12:33 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Isocitration » January 4th, 2015, 10:49 am

Though they did say they were going to try to make it less confusing, so who knows?
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

User avatar
Zummorr
Posts: 382
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 12:00 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Zummorr » January 4th, 2015, 11:40 am

We will see if the sequel isn't as bone-headed. I beat 6 out of 8 bosses, without cracking and going to the guide.

As far as the maze of illusion puzzle goes, the hurdle is that the solution to it is to press a button (the down-direction) that literally does nothing visually, and the hint suggests an action that doesn't really mean much (since La-meza has stiff Megaman knees) And given the placement of the hint if you are stuck in that spot it is hard to tell if the hint is applying to the maze puzzle or the skeleton-weight puzzle.

My biggest problem was when I was playing was I had no idea if the solution for X puzzle was in the room I was in, or if I needed to go do something random somewhere else in the entire game-world. And when I saw the skeleton who was says "Yo dude, use this pepper on every giant face everywhere." I was really annoyed (because he just threw a punch of pepper at my salt) because I just used a guide to figure out the portal room puzzle and then the game blatantly tells me to just spam this item everywhere.

And there are other puzzles that are pretty bad as well. But overall I just didn't feel like the game was respecting my time. I just wanted to get back to the good parts. And alot of the last puzzles are literally "use this magic symbol thing everywhere!"

If I sound like full of NaCl, well I am, up until the gate of illusion the game was tough but somewhat fair, if I got stuck I would usually get some idea later on. And it bothers me that the game would purposely be so overly cruel when there is no need.

User avatar
Telamon
Posts: 67
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:58 pm

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Telamon » January 5th, 2015, 2:46 am

Just started rewatching this lp, and dang, it really only started in Novermber 2013? Cray cray.

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1471
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: La-Mulana

Postby EarthPhantomTS » January 21st, 2015, 9:20 pm

After some deliberation, I decided to show you guys this pic too. The technique might not be the best, but I think the humor in it more than makes up for it:

Image Bare breasts. Its Tiamat, what do you expect

The small guy is the artist's OC, hitting on Tiamat. Of course, since he's Lemeza in this pic, he just got through killing all of the 11 children, and Tiamat is not happy with him. Meanwhile, I just find this scenario funny as hell :lol: ! Also, this picture is half the reason I said Tiamat was "motherly" in my first post in this thread (if anyone's wondering, the other half is how she was characterized in the first tablet of Enuma Elish, with her telling Apsu not to be angry at their belligerent children for being...well, children (BTW, it's not the "Eleven Children of Tiamat" here; those creatures are created later. It's Marduk and his siblings). Of course, that was before she went crazy after Apsu was killed by said children in some sort of pre-emptive strike. It's all rather complicated :/).

Anyway, I thought I'd show this off. If for no other reason than to explain how I see her a bit better.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Zummorr
Posts: 382
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 12:00 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Zummorr » February 12th, 2015, 6:19 am

I have recently started watching this one just to see how Iso does. Currently on episode 11 (slow watching 1 each morning) The single boss I had the most trouble with was Bahamut, likely because I don't think I had the flares, and likely had 1 less life orb than Iso did (Which one is futo? why would I press down on a random spot?) And at the same time I didn't even know you could hit Bahumut while he was jumping at you from the background. so basically I had to position myself perfectly underneath his mouth to hit him without getting smacked myself. I'm just surprised you managed to beat him pretty easily.

Also frame-rate issues really hurt this LP.

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 3908
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Alice » February 12th, 2015, 7:00 am

Zummorr wrote:I had to position myself perfectly underneath his mouth to hit him without getting smacked myself.

This is a completely valid strategy but it's kinda hard to pull off if you don't have the axe. If you know what you're doing you can get the axe without ever defeating a boss. It simply requires the boots and maybe the grapple claws. It should be possible without the claws but I have yet to pull it off personally. Also having the grail is kinda important otherwise you have a very obnoxious trek back to known grounds to actually advance.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
Absolut Zero
Posts: 610
Joined: December 24th, 2014, 3:51 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Absolut Zero » February 12th, 2015, 7:25 am

it is possible to get the axe without the claws.

Also the framerate issues get sorted out around episode 12 or 13 so you dont have much more of that to deal with Zummorr

User avatar
Zummorr
Posts: 382
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 12:00 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Zummorr » February 12th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Alice wrote:
Zummorr wrote:I had to position myself perfectly underneath his mouth to hit him without getting smacked myself.

This is a completely valid strategy but it's kinda hard to pull off if you don't have the axe. If you know what you're doing you can get the axe without ever defeating a boss. It simply requires the boots and maybe the grapple claws. It should be possible without the claws but I have yet to pull it off personally. Also having the grail is kinda important otherwise you have a very obnoxious trek back to known grounds to actually advance.


Well the only other boss I had trouble with was Baphomet, but I fought her stupidly early since I basically just brute forced the time-stop gyphon (or whatever it was in the twin's labyrinth) And at the same time I was very dumb and greedy in her first phase most of the time. Also on death last ditch attacks are fun right?

One other thing that confused me for a long time was "How to light the chamber of extinction." I honestly just treked around that place in the dark and picked up most of the things I needed there fumbling around in darkness. I didn't even realize the black eggs in the background lit up until the blue fairy accidentally hit it the flare.

Now it may seem weird that I just kinda brute forced stuff, but I kinda half-expected the game to want me to do that...considering how it forces you to swim in poison water before you get the power-up for it, and how it gives you the ice cloak after you die many many many times to lava.

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1471
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: La-Mulana

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 15th, 2015, 9:48 pm

Oh hey, thought I'd show off another piece of fanart I enjoy. One that's actually not Tiamat this time, but someone else who may or may not be related to Tiamat:

Image

Yeah, it's Girtablilu. Incidentally, this was made by the same guy who made the futa religion pic I linked in the "Philosophy" thread. He has a pic of Tiamat as well, but I'm not certain if I should link it since it's arguably shota (it's not that bad, it's just Tiamat "surprise adopting" a boy from the surface village)
Naked scorpion girl
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Zummorr
Posts: 382
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 12:00 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Zummorr » February 16th, 2015, 12:31 am

Watching this series. Episode 21 reminds me of one of my biggest gripes with this game. [besides the whole Gate of illusion] Whenever you get a new item you are just sorted expected to use it everywhere or something.

At the same time the "Follow the nameless one Mu" puzzle can be easily brute forced, that was how I solved it. since if you break a correct tablet 'M' the puzzle doesn't give you the shell error sound. making it a manageable 6 trials to figure out the answer.

Iso had a silly amount of trouble with Viy who imo was one of the easier bosses, then again maybe I had an easier time because I found the axe. and had stockpiled on equipment because I had found the best farming spot in the game at this point.

Are there any hints that tell you that killing Viy opens the way to the tower of the Goddess on the surface?

User avatar
Alice
⦂☽
Posts: 3908
Joined: December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 pm
Location: Wonderland
Contact:

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Alice » February 16th, 2015, 5:17 am

Zummorr wrote:Are there any hints that tell you that killing Viy opens the way to the tower of the Goddess on the surface?

There aren't any that I'm aware of. That's one of the more confusing parts actually considering that usually defeating an area's boss is what opens its backside area. So the logical way to open it would be to defeat Bahamut not Viy.
💙💙💙
Image
Image


User avatar
Zummorr
Posts: 382
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 12:00 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Zummorr » February 16th, 2015, 7:37 am

Alice wrote:
Zummorr wrote:Are there any hints that tell you that killing Viy opens the way to the tower of the Goddess on the surface?

There aren't any that I'm aware of. That's one of the more confusing parts actually considering that usually defeating an area's boss is what opens its backside area. So the logical way to open it would be to defeat Bahamut not Viy.


Well it doesn't help that the entrance is placed in an area you have no reason to go back either. I am fine with difficulty I've chewed on my share of Platformers...but I kinda despise the "Check everything!" nature of some puzzles. I enjoyed treading new ground or fighting a tough mini-boss or boss and eventually besting it...but I despised going back and checking every single durn-gosh thing in the game world for anything that could be different anywhere.

Thinking on it. major Designer for the game Takumi Naramura did said "My work is a thing to kill the player."

Which to me is the opposite of what you want for a player, you want the player to feel challenged and and give them hurdles, but I think the worst thing you can do to a player is make them feel like they are just wasting their time in game where they are clearly baffled and they just end up retreading the same roads over and over...which sounds like an odd purgatory come to think of it....why I think the Hell temple is despicable.

Maybe its just me.

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1471
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: La-Mulana

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 23rd, 2015, 10:11 pm

Hey, sorry to change the subject, but I finally decided to show you guys the picture of Tiamat "surprise adopting" a boy. In all honesty, I probably shouldn't have described it as "shota" since it's not (and it's not like depicting a kidnapping is illegal anywhere; though frankly I don't think shota/loli should be illegal but that's a rant for another post), but Tiamat kinda has lust in her eyes (or maybe that's just a devious, motherly look):

Image Just because it is not shota does not mean Tiamat is wearing a shirt

(P.S. Sorry if this is a little disturbing :undecided: )

EDIT: Replaced link; site is apparently down
Last edited by EarthPhantomTS on March 10th, 2015, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Zummorr
Posts: 382
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 12:00 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Zummorr » February 23rd, 2015, 11:24 pm

Even though you enjoy Tiamat as your herpetile-humanoid of choice. I've wondered for a while what you think about Myria?
Imagejoke about Myria being horny goes here Its just Godiva Hair from a T rated game sprite

You know, there are a lot of parallels, they both manipulate vast regions of their worlds, are easily considered as gods, both are pretty much just try to maintain the status quo of the world. Both are considered motherly in some weird terrible way. Both rule from the ruins of a dead civilization and both also have blue haired, snake bodied, sisters. (Deis for Myria and Nuwa for Tiamat)

Also both have blonde hair, oh and I forgot they are both giant evil snake people.

On watching the videos...I forgot how many just bullshit "Lul! I wanna be the guy troll traps" Mulana has at times. Like the whole crushing wall on the left side of the room in the Shrine of the Mother after you complete the endless corridor or the other one where it kills you after opening a chest. Or even the whole Chamber of birth "endless fall" where if you get hit you have to just warp out because of the hitstun.

Dick-ish moves like that just boggle my mind. Oh and I still think the Xelpud solution is complete BS as well, considering that Xelpud really isn't much help and pretty much just serves as comedy back up for almost the entire game and you have to touch the pillar as well...when you really have not much reason to do so considering it isn't breakable.

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1471
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: La-Mulana

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 23rd, 2015, 11:41 pm

Zummorr wrote:Even though you enjoy Tiamat as your herpetile-humanoid of choice. I've wondered for a while what you think about Myria?
Imagejoke about Myria being horny goes here Its just Godiva Hair from a T rated game sprite

You know, there are a lot of parallels, they both manipulate vast regions of their worlds, are easily considered as gods, both are pretty much just try to maintain the status quo of the world. Both are considered motherly in some weird terrible way. Both rule from the ruins of a dead civilization and both also have blue haired, snake bodied, sisters. (Deis for Myria and Nuwa for Tiamat)

Also both have blonde hair, oh and I forgot they are both giant evil snake people.


Oh yeah, I remember her! I actually kinda like that "well-intentioned extremist" thing she has going in the third game, where even her enemies thought she might be right about them (she was kinda lame in BoF1 though, not having much characterization at all besides being batshit crazy and threatening revenge after her defeat...and yes, that's the same character. Tyr is just her surname, basically).

Also, she was hot :theart: (in a weird sort of way). Always helps.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Zummorr
Posts: 382
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 12:00 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Zummorr » February 24th, 2015, 1:03 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:
Oh yeah, I remember her! I actually kinda like that "well-intentioned extremist" thing she has going in the third game, where even her enemies thought she might be right about them (she was kinda lame in BoF1 though, not having much characterization at all besides being batshit crazy and threatening revenge after her defeat...and yes, that's the same character. Tyr is just her surname, basically).

Also, she was hot :theart: (in a weird sort of way). Always helps.


No mention of Deis?

Indeed I know they are the same character...they have a giant mural on the title screen of BoF3 which explains that. and a pesky old man also explains the mural to you in game and then murders you in a super unfair boss fight!

She's less of a well intentioned extremist and more of an an overbearing mother imo (the fact that she refers to people as "her children" contributes to that). She has the best of intentions but is purposefully coddling and over-protecting civilization; and there are quite a few indicators that her protection and manipulations won't last forever and that either people will either learn how to weaponize the technology she gives them (Already done), or she will die and the world will desertify, or that the brood will rise again. and as we all know Durgons are OP.

Wait...this thread is supposed to be about La-mulana not some meh-ly written B-rank RPG I like! Also speaking of overbearing protection; you guys like yelled at Iso telling him about those fairy clothes. The clothes along with the flail (grats to Iso for putting in alot of work and solving that.) kinda trivialize hard bosses like Baphomet and the dimensional corridor.

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1471
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: La-Mulana

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 25th, 2015, 2:24 am

Zummorr wrote:No mention of Deis?


Oh yeah, she was hot too. But I thought we were talking about her less sane sister :twink2: :undecided: ...?

Zummorr wrote:Indeed I know they are the same character...they have a giant mural on the title screen of BoF3 which explains that. and a pesky old man also explains the mural to you in game and then murders you in a super unfair boss fight!


Just testing!

...Also, are you referring to Gissham (sp?), Scylla, and Charybdis? I presume so, since that's the only "hard as fuck crazy old man" I can think of. Why was that fight so hard? And why was Garr 2 so easy, especially since Garr 1 was supposed to be a hopeless boss fight? Wait, I know why Garr 2 was so easy: it was to emphasize the fact that the Dragons didn't have the will to fight the Guardians when they thought Myria and her Guardians might've been right.

Zummorr wrote:She's less of a well intentioned extremist and more of an an overbearing mother imo (the fact that she refers to people as "her children" contributes to that). She has the best of intentions but is purposefully coddling and over-protecting civilization; and there are quite a few indicators that her protection and manipulations won't last forever and that either people will either learn how to weaponize the technology she gives them (Already done), or she will die and the world will desertify, or that the brood will rise again. and as we all know Durgons are OP.


Ehh...that sounds like "well-intentioned extremist" to me. But I always forget that when other people think of "well-intentioned extremist", they usually think of villains like Hitler, Stalin, and the Knights Templar :undecided: . Kinda a different sort of thing than what I think of.

Zummorr wrote:Wait...this thread is supposed to be about La-mulana not some meh-ly written B-rank RPG I like! Also speaking of overbearing protection; you guys like yelled at Iso telling him about those fairy clothes. The clothes along with the flail (grats to Iso for putting in alot of work and solving that.) kinda trivialize hard bosses like Baphomet and the dimensional corridor.


Oh yeah, well...umm...damn, you're right, we were getting a bit off-topic there ^^; :undecided: .

(Crap, gotta think of something to say about La-Mulana!)

Umm...well...I kinda like how you described the Dimensional Corridor as a "hard boss". I know that's probably a dangling participle, but you could basically say the entire Area 8 frontside ( :theart: LOVE :theart: !) was one big boss fight :twink: :theart: !

(Also, heck yeah for finding another BoF fan! Well...somewhat, at least...I know what you said about it having flaws, but I think it's got heart)
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Zummorr
Posts: 382
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 12:00 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Zummorr » February 25th, 2015, 4:54 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:
Zummorr wrote:No mention of Deis?


Oh yeah, she was hot too. But I thought we were talking about her less sane sister :twink2: :undecided: ...?
Just testing!

...Also, are you referring to Gissham (sp?), Scylla, and Charybdis? I presume so, since that's the only "hard as fuck crazy old man" I can think of. Why was that fight so hard? And why was Garr 2 so easy, especially since Garr 1 was supposed to be a hopeless boss fight? Wait, I know why Garr 2 was so easy: it was to emphasize the fact that the Dragons didn't have the will to fight the Guardians when they thought Myria and her Guardians might've been right.

Ehh...that sounds like "well-intentioned extremist" to me. But I always forget that when other people think of "well-intentioned extremist", they usually think of villains like Hitler, Stalin, and the Knights Templar :undecided: . Kinda a different sort of thing than what I think of.

Oh yeah, well...umm...damn, you're right, we were getting a bit off-topic there ^^; :undecided: .

(Crap, gotta think of something to say about La-Mulana!)

Umm...well...I kinda like how you described the Dimensional Corridor as a "hard boss". I know that's probably a dangling participle, but you could basically say the entire Area 8 frontside ( :theart: LOVE :theart: !) was one big boss fight :twink: :theart: !

(Also, heck yeah for finding another BoF fan! Well...somewhat, at least...I know what you said about it having flaws, but I think it's got heart)


Was my Avatar choice not an indicator that I liked the games? late 90s Capcom sprite art was pretty great in general. I like BoF3's visuals the most, BoF4 (unfinished! I've barely played intro please avoid spoilers) has a much more, muted, color scheme which I'm not as much of a fan of though. Although in terms of plot and world-building besides BoF4...pretty much the games have been meh imo. I did enjoy finding out what the next incredibly stupid thing I needed to do in the game though [BoF2 was notorious for this]. but over-all none of the characters really struck me as having any interesting developments. Cool designs yeah, I mean Momo is the party white mage and she has an all-purpose Bazooka! but...not much character development. At the same time the battle system is very uninteresting as well.

I guess Myria counts as an extremist, I just see Well-intentioned extremists as usually radicals who push new regimes and claim the ends justify the means. Where as this is a case where the current establishment refuses to change and bad things will happen because of it. I just usually think of well intentioned extremists as being instigators of changes rather than ones who hold their ground. *shrug*

The old man I'm referring to is the old master of the Brood who turns into a dragon, and then prevents you from using your OP dragon powers. Then he alternates between using high powered magic attacks and losing turns due to his "Bad Back."

But Gisshan has one of the best sprites in the game. He is literally a drooling hunchbacked old man, he wasn't difficult though, as long as your party didn't use Nina or an underleveled Onion you would obliterate him.

Garr 2 imo would've made more sense if it looked like a hopeless boss fight and the vengeful spirits lent Ryu the Kaiser form during the fight, allowing Ryu to beat Garr in a way that make much more sense, as well as setting up the next series of events a little stronger...but this line of thought is Fan-ficcy thinking which is bad.

The dimensional Corridor is basically a boss fight, in the sense that it challenges your combat skills. Unlike most most of the challenges in La-mulana which just have enemies there to pretend to slow you down, the Dimensional Corridor forces you to endure multiple encounters from which you either win, or die, just like the bosses, no teleporting out for free. And lets be honest the super dashing lion is harder than some of the actual Ankh bosses anyways.

Hooray for trying to justify my lazy grammar with argument! Oh, and don't make too much love to that frontside it is a facade after all.

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1471
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: La-Mulana

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 28th, 2015, 12:26 am

Zummorr wrote:Was my Avatar choice not an indicator that I liked the games? late 90s Capcom sprite art was pretty great in general. I like BoF3's visuals the most, BoF4 (unfinished! I've barely played intro please avoid spoilers) has a much more, muted, color scheme which I'm not as much of a fan of though. Although in terms of plot and world-building besides BoF4...pretty much the games have been meh imo. I did enjoy finding out what the next incredibly stupid thing I needed to do in the game though [BoF2 was notorious for this]. but over-all none of the characters really struck me as having any interesting developments. Cool designs yeah, I mean Momo is the party white mage and she has an all-purpose Bazooka! but...not much character development. At the same time the battle system is very uninteresting as well.


Yeah, I knew, this was just the first time we talked about it for any length of time (also the first time I told you I enjoyed that series) ^^;.

Zummorr wrote:I guess Myria counts as an extremist, I just see Well-intentioned extremists as usually radicals who push new regimes and claim the ends justify the means. Where as this is a case where the current establishment refuses to change and bad things will happen because of it. I just usually think of well intentioned extremists as being instigators of changes rather than ones who hold their ground. *shrug*


Yeah, I guess. I just kinda see it a bit differently than most people, I suppose :undecided: .

Zummorr wrote:The old man I'm referring to is the old master of the Brood who turns into a dragon, and then prevents you from using your OP dragon powers. Then he alternates between using high powered magic attacks and losing turns due to his "Bad Back."

But Gisshan has one of the best sprites in the game. He is literally a drooling hunchbacked old man, he wasn't difficult though, as long as your party didn't use Nina or an underleveled Onion you would obliterate him.


Okay, did I just set the land record for "Worst BoF3 player"?! I swear I barely won to Gisshan first time I fought him :tangry: (though maybe I used Nina, I forget)!

Zummorr wrote:Garr 2 imo would've made more sense if it looked like a hopeless boss fight and the vengeful spirits lent Ryu the Kaiser form during the fight, allowing Ryu to beat Garr in a way that make much more sense, as well as setting up the next series of events a little stronger...but this line of thought is Fan-ficcy thinking which is bad.


I don't know...I think, the way they did it, it pretty effectively said that Garr et al. didn't really win those battles, the Dragons just let them win.

Zummorr wrote:The dimensional Corridor is basically a boss fight, in the sense that it challenges your combat skills. Unlike most most of the challenges in La-mulana which just have enemies there to pretend to slow you down, the Dimensional Corridor forces you to endure multiple encounters from which you either win, or die, just like the bosses, no teleporting out for free. And lets be honest the super dashing lion is harder than some of the actual Ankh bosses anyways.

Hooray for trying to justify my lazy grammar with argument! Oh, and don't make too much love to that frontside it is a facade after all.


Nah, you're totally right, the entire Corridor is a boss fight :tstick2: ! Also, I'm pretty sure I was making love with Tiamat, like I usually do. It's just anytime I think of the fact that the Dimensional Corridor is 8-front, but the DC and EC had their locations switched, I squee in fangirlish glee and lust and want nothing more than to suffocate Tiamat with huggles and kisses :tstick2: :theart: . In fact, I'm currently holding back desire to make this post pornographic :twink: :theart: (TIAMAT, I LOVE YOU, YOU CLEVER, POWERFUL, DEVIOUS WOMAN...MWAH, MWAH, MWAH :theart: :theart: :theart: (Tiamat: Gack...I can't breathe! Me: Mmm, I'm gonna hug you and squeeze you and never let you go...mwah :theart: !)!)

P.S. Ten points if you get the reference
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Zummorr
Posts: 382
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 12:00 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Zummorr » February 28th, 2015, 7:33 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:

Okay, did I just set the land record for "Worst BoF3 player"?! I swear I barely won to Gisshan first time I fought him :tangry: (though maybe I used Nina, I forget)!

I don't know...I think, the way they did it, it pretty effectively said that Garr et al. didn't really win those battles, the Dragons just let them win.

Nah, you're totally right, the entire Corridor is a boss fight :tstick2: ! Also, I'm pretty sure I was making love with Tiamat, like I usually do. It's just anytime I think of the fact that the Dimensional Corridor is 8-front, but the DC and EC had their locations switched, I squee in fangirlish glee and lust and want nothing more than to suffocate Tiamat with huggles and kisses :tstick2: :theart: . In fact, I'm currently holding back desire to make this post pornographic :twink: :theart: (TIAMAT, I LOVE YOU, YOU CLEVER, POWERFUL, DEVIOUS WOMAN...MWAH, MWAH, MWAH :theart: :theart: :theart: (Tiamat: Gack...I can't breathe! Me: Mmm, I'm gonna hug you and squeeze you and never let you go...mwah :theart: !)!)

P.S. Ten points if you get the reference


The reference I think is Peppy Le pew?

Gishan (glancing at the wiki) is hard only if you attack him directly because if he is at full HP he basically does nothing most of the time. And Nina isn't terrible in that fight because she has decent ice magic at that point and Momo's support magic isn't too great, but honestly she is dreadfully, she was ok at killing very physically defensive enemies but is very weak overall.

I was rather surprised that Iso figured out the whole "Mantra puzzle." I had no idea that there was an actual method to it. I figured that you were just supposed to brute force it. Especially since the first portion of it is reversed. But I'm puzzled as to what hints actually talk about the light crosses and how they are supposed to map out the location for the djed spells. The light crosses light up, highlighting their significance, but I figured that the light crosses just signaled that there was a breakable wall or something nearby because of the one that was right next to the axe room.

Forgot to mention. But I had like next to no trouble defeating Tiamat, granted I think my use of the extra invicibility frames and "strategy" by just jumping into her face when she did her super lasers probably was the reason why. But I remember having like no trouble against her at all. and my guess is that it is likely because all of her attacks do very little damage except for the huge lasers and the tidal wave. Even the sternum lasers are weak, destructible, and blockable.

Doing a quick search of the Wiki showed me what explains where you find the whole ruins wrap-around trick "Page 19 of the manual."...ok...But what hint tells you to examine the compass points in relation to the boss rooms and then apply the mantra to the appropriate backside? Because that seems like a huge leap of logic to make.

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1471
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: La-Mulana

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 28th, 2015, 7:38 pm

Zummorr wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:

Okay, did I just set the land record for "Worst BoF3 player"?! I swear I barely won to Gisshan first time I fought him :tangry: (though maybe I used Nina, I forget)!

I don't know...I think, the way they did it, it pretty effectively said that Garr et al. didn't really win those battles, the Dragons just let them win.

Nah, you're totally right, the entire Corridor is a boss fight :tstick2: ! Also, I'm pretty sure I was making love with Tiamat, like I usually do. It's just anytime I think of the fact that the Dimensional Corridor is 8-front, but the DC and EC had their locations switched, I squee in fangirlish glee and lust and want nothing more than to suffocate Tiamat with huggles and kisses :tstick2: :theart: . In fact, I'm currently holding back desire to make this post pornographic :twink: :theart: (TIAMAT, I LOVE YOU, YOU CLEVER, POWERFUL, DEVIOUS WOMAN...MWAH, MWAH, MWAH :theart: :theart: :theart: (Tiamat: Gack...I can't breathe! Me: Mmm, I'm gonna hug you and squeeze you and never let you go...mwah :theart: !)!)

P.S. Ten points if you get the reference


The reference I think is Peppy Le pew?


Close. I won't say what it was yet, but it's something from what could be called a Loony Toons spinoff.

Zummorr wrote:Gishan (glancing at the wiki) is hard only if you attack him directly because if he is at full HP he basically does nothing most of the time. And Nina isn't terrible in that fight because she has decent ice magic at that point and Momo's support magic isn't too great, but honestly she is dreadfully, she was ok at killing very physically defensive enemies but is very weak overall.


Oh, that must have been my problem. Err...yeah :undecided: ...

Zummorr wrote:I was rather surprised that Iso figured out the whole "Mantra puzzle." I had no idea that there was an actual method to it. I figured that you were just supposed to brute force it. Especially since the first portion of it is reversed. But I'm puzzled as to what hints actually talk about the light crosses and how they are supposed to map out the location for the djed spells. The light crosses light up, highlighting their significance, but I figured that the light crosses just signaled that there was a breakable wall or something nearby because of the one that was right next to the axe room.

Forgot to mention. But I had like next to no trouble defeating Tiamat, granted I think my use of the extra invicibility frames and "strategy" by just jumping into her face when she did her super lasers probably was the reason why. But I remember having like no trouble against her at all. and my guess is that it is likely because all of her attacks do very little damage except for the huge lasers and the tidal wave. Even the sternum lasers are weak, destructible, and blockable.

Doing a quick search of the Wiki showed me what explains where you find the whole ruins wrap-around trick "Page 19 of the manual."...ok...But what hint tells you to examine the compass points in relation to the boss rooms and then apply the mantra to the appropriate backside? Because that seems like a huge leap of logic to make.


Yeah, some parts of La-Mulana are stupidly bullshit, like the mantras. I can agree with you on that.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
pholtos
Posts: 396
Joined: February 15th, 2015, 4:01 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby pholtos » February 28th, 2015, 7:43 pm

Trying to remember... some girl from I believe animaniacs? Was that the show she was in?
Ok looked it up. Is it Elmyra Duff you are referencing?

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1471
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: La-Mulana

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 28th, 2015, 7:52 pm

pholtos wrote:Trying to remember... some girl from I believe animaniacs? Was that the show she was in?
Ok looked it up. Is it Elmyra Duff you are referencing?


Yeah, that's right. She's from Tiny Toon Adventures, though.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1471
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: La-Mulana

Postby EarthPhantomTS » June 17th, 2015, 12:11 am

Zummorr wrote:both also have blue haired, snake bodied, sisters. (Deis for Myria and Nuwa for Tiamat)


You know, is Nu-wa Tiamat's sister :undecided: ? Somehow, I doubt that. They're certainly quite similar, being snake-girls who created life (in game and in their myths), but are they any more likely to be "related" than, say, you and I are? I mean, just because we're the same species (presumably) doesn't make us "related" (except in the broad "we're all connected, and everything's incest if you go back far enough :twink: :theart: !" sense that I alluded to in the Philosophy thread).

Of course, I wouldn't mind having such a weird-but-sexy-and-clever sister-in-law :twink: :theart: ; I just have my doubts that they are siblings.
Last edited by EarthPhantomTS on June 18th, 2015, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey


User avatar
Zummorr
Posts: 382
Joined: January 4th, 2015, 12:00 am

Re: La-Mulana

Postby Zummorr » June 18th, 2015, 6:44 am

I don't know if Nu-wa is related to Tiamat but I suspect they are due to the running theme of "duality" among the snake people (Children #1) There is an entire area devoted to the twin snake-folk who gave knowledge to the 3rd children. The statue of the twins mentions that "they are connected at the feet" similarly to Amphisbaena (which I would think is a close relative to children #1) There are also two interact able snake women statues in the inferno caverns (or maybe there is a third?)

There are also two sides to the ruins and Nu-wa is the backside while Tiamat is in the front side. Nuwa fights you from the ceiling above you while, Tiamat originates from the floor below you, subtle opposite orientations. Just there are numerous references to two headed snakes and the dual nature of the ruins makes it hard for me to believe the two are unrelated.

In my fringe opinion, I believe the statues of the "twins." are incorrect representations of the twins and the actual twins who passed down knowledge of the mother to the 3rd children are actually Nuwa and Tiamat.

But it's entirely possible that it is incorrect since Nu-wa could've been captured by the giants when the second children warred against the first. which might explain why she is in the machinery of the tower.

*shrug* It's a stupid fad these days to have background information be super scattered and loose, so that way instead of actually being meticulous or clever makers just throw a bunch of tid-bits at the wall and leave the audience wondering if it fits together, or if there was a complete puzzle after all.

Go Threado-mancery!

User avatar
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat
Posts: 1471
Joined: December 25th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Location: In Tiamat's boobs

Re: La-Mulana

Postby EarthPhantomTS » June 18th, 2015, 8:58 am

Zummorr wrote:I don't know if Nu-wa is related to Tiamat but I suspect they are due to the running theme of "duality" among the snake people (Children #1) There is an entire area devoted to the twin snake-folk who gave knowledge to the 3rd children. The statue of the twins mentions that "they are connected at the feet" similarly to Amphisbaena (which I would think is a close relative to children #1) There are also two interact able snake women statues in the inferno caverns (or maybe there is a third?)

There are also two sides to the ruins and Nu-wa is the backside while Tiamat is in the front side. Nuwa fights you from the ceiling above you while, Tiamat originates from the floor below you, subtle opposite orientations. Just there are numerous references to two headed snakes and the dual nature of the ruins makes it hard for me to believe the two are unrelated.

In my fringe opinion, I believe the statues of the "twins." are incorrect representations of the twins and the actual twins who passed down knowledge of the mother to the 3rd children are actually Nuwa and Tiamat.

But it's entirely possible that it is incorrect since Nu-wa could've been captured by the giants when the second children warred against the first. which might explain why she is in the machinery of the tower.

*shrug* It's a stupid fad these days to have background information be super scattered and loose, so that way instead of actually being meticulous or clever makers just throw a bunch of tid-bits at the wall and leave the audience wondering if it fits together, or if there was a complete puzzle after all.

Go Threado-mancery!


Ehh...I always kinda figured there wasn't any "real" reason for them to be "related" due to how Tiamat is a Mesopotamian deity and Nu-Wa is a Chinese deity (see also: her appearance as a deity in SMITE, where she used to look fucking sexy and awesome :theart: . Used to :tangry: .). But that sounds fucking awesome so Imma make this my new headcanon :tstick2: :tbiggrin: :theart: ! Now to find a way to have sex with my sister-in-law, heh heh* :theart: :theart: :theart: !

...Also, pretty sure necro-posting is not against the rules here :twink: .

*Tiamat and I are in an open marriage, under the condition that we allow the other an opportunity to sleep with any extra-marital partners, either by herself or in a group. So don't worry about that :twink2: !
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Image
Yes, she's still my wifey



Return to “LP Smackdown 20-0-10”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest