Distorted Travesty 3 Nightmare Achilles Run

The fabled art of 'let's play' is nigh tangible here. Got an LP you're just itching to share? Or maybe you just want to make snarky comments about someone's bad playing? That kind of thing goes here!
Alice
⦂☽

Distorted Travesty 3 Nightmare Achilles Run

Postby Alice » May 29th, 2016, 4:34 pm

I dunno if I'll actually keep it up nor how often I'd be uploading videos (especially since my upload is so crap, this first video took an hour and a half to upload and process despite being 11 minutes, lol) but I decided to start a nightmare Achilles mode run on Distorted Travesty 3 recently and thought it might be fun to restart it and start recording it to upload to Youtube. They're not really an lp since I'm not doing commentary (I don't even own a mic) and they're probably going to be unedited so feel free to skip around in areas where I'm dying repeatedly for extended periods of time.

Game can be downloaded here. Or rather it can be downloaded from our server in fact since I'm hosting the download but that's the game's site.

Playlist
  • Part 1
    In which I die in some hilariously stupid ways due to impatience.
  • Part 2
    In which I struggle with what should be simple stuff but beat a boss in four tries. Seriously those munchers before Cackletta's castle pissed me off, though it was the hammer bro repeatedly killing me that most got on my nerves.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Re: Distorted Travesty 3 Nightmare Achilles Run

Postby Alice » May 30th, 2016, 7:06 am

If anyone's actually interested in this the second video is up. It finished uploading while I was asleep but for some reason I had to verify my Youtube account (which is weird since it's tied to my Gmail account which is already verified) for it to be available since it's over an hour.
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » May 30th, 2016, 8:49 pm

You know, I'd totally play this game, cause Claire looks awesome Image! But, it sounds really hard, a bit too hard for me :tsad:. So I'll just have to content myself with Raocow and you and everyone else playing it :tsad:.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 30th, 2016, 9:31 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:You know, I'd totally play this game, cause Claire looks awesome Image! But, it sounds really hard, a bit too hard for me :tsad:. So I'll just have to content myself with Raocow and you and everyone else playing it :tsad:.

There is an easy mode if you know the password. (I can post it for you if you'd like to give it a shot.) But yeah, even then it's actually pretty difficult. You should keep in mind however that I'm playing the hardest possible mode though too. The way I'm playing life upgrades don't matter because you die in one hit no matter what and you also can't level up, buy equipment, nor collect other upgrades either.

I agree though, Claire's sprites are pretty awesome. If you think it's too difficult though you can always watch raocow's lp on the standard mode or, if I continue this, my play of it. Though me continuing to upload videos depends entirely on whether or not there's any actual interest in them because my main reason for uploading them is simply that if there's people wanting to watch them then I'll have a lot more motivation to not give up when I inevitably get stuck. (Which is incredibly likely to happen seeing as how on standard mode I got stuck on Death and only won because I cheated.)

If I do continue this though I'm not entirely sure how often I'll be uploading videos either. The first one I uploaded took nearly three hours and the second one took around twelve because my upload speed is so crappy.
💙💙💙

metasomnia

Postby metasomnia » July 26th, 2016, 9:59 pm

If you're still looking for motivation, then here's some: you should totally keep doing this! Watching people fight their way through DT3 has become a hobby of mine recently and challenge runs are even more interesting to watch (especially when you combine "I Wanna Distort the Travesty" mode with "Assist mode without the perks")!
Have a literal signature:

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » July 26th, 2016, 11:27 pm

I was considering it but since nobody had shown any interest at all it didn't seem like there was much point, especially when uploading takes so long for me. (In fact right now I'm not sure I could successfully upload a video at all because Youtube is one of the site's I'm most consistently having issues with.)
💙💙💙

metasomnia

Postby metasomnia » July 26th, 2016, 11:49 pm

If you really don't want to continue, then it's perfectly understandable considering the overall lack of interest and youtube issues, I just thought I'd chime in.
Have a literal signature:

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » July 27th, 2016, 12:15 am

metasomnia wrote:If you really don't want to continue, then it's perfectly understandable considering the overall lack of interest and youtube issues, I just thought I'd chime in.

If it weren't for the internet issues I'd at least reconsider it but for the time being it's not really an option. Youtube at least isn't the worst site for these issues but it is the second worst. Worst one would be the main forum I frequent where half the time I try to load a page and it won't load at all requiring 2-3 refreshes. And if I try to actually post on that forum it takes me like 3-5 minutes of spamming the submit button. Youtube luckily isn't quite this bad but it has frequent issues itself.
💙💙💙

Return to “LP Smackdown 20-0-10”