Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

The fabled art of 'let's play' is nigh tangible here. Got an LP you're just itching to share? Or maybe you just want to make snarky comments about someone's bad playing? That kind of thing goes here!
Zummorr

Re: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Postby Zummorr » February 1st, 2016, 9:53 pm

This is what I am seeing. in your spoiler box. Image

You know Earth, Fanservice doesn't just come in the form of hoots and heinies. The Legend of Korra has  Everyone's Favorite uncle Iroh  appear kinda out of nowhere to help be the awesome guy we all love.
Just a thought.

Fan service is fine, it's just that it's so overblown often so it just loses it's value.
Shantae usually plays everything for laughs anyways, so it's just kinda odd that they went for a very fanservice-y portrait arts.
Shantae to me should be more silly than fanservice-y anyways Like if you think about it, this is a game where your main weapon is a pony-tail and her ear-rings have more jiggle in their animation than her other assets. As touted in the original game's promotionals, she uses her powers of "Shopping and talking to people." to solve her problems. The first key item we get in this game is a "Court Summons." We have zombies who live off of coffee rather than brains.
this is a very silly universe.

Now that I think about it losing her half-genie status isn't really played up much at all in this game, when I would think it's a pretty good source for jokes.

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 2nd, 2016, 11:59 am

Zummorr wrote:You know Earth, Fanservice doesn't just come in the form of hoots and heinies. The Legend of Korra has  Everyone's Favorite uncle Iroh  appear kinda out of nowhere to help be the awesome guy we all love.
Just a thought.

Fan service is fine, it's just that it's so overblown often so it just loses it's value.
Shantae usually plays everything for laughs anyways, so it's just kinda odd that they went for a very fanservice-y portrait arts.
Shantae to me should be more silly than fanservice-y anyways Like if you think about it, this is a game where your main weapon is a pony-tail and her ear-rings have more jiggle in their animation than her other assets. As touted in the original game's promotionals, she uses her powers of "Shopping and talking to people." to solve her problems. The first key item we get in this game is a "Court Summons." We have zombies who live off of coffee rather than brains.
this is a very silly universe.

Now that I think about it losing her half-genie status isn't really played up much at all in this game, when I would think it's a pretty good source for jokes.

Good point, but I still love *sexy* fanservice :theart: :theart: :theart:! It's actually a...well, a small part of why I like my favorite characters (the bigger part is how clever and inspiring they are, so if we can still have clever, inspiring characters in the "post-fanservice" age, well, I can still be happy)

Also, yeah, that's the page I showed off. Still don't know how you got "Yuyuko and Youmu cosplayers" out of that :undecided:
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » February 3rd, 2016, 2:43 am

the major reason I thought they were 2hus. Was the secondary items on their persons.Image for reference. Caution, it's kinda gross, too much cuteness.Image

If you notice the girl on the right in your image has a round hat with a swirly on it like Yuyuko. The other girl also has a hairband and a long bow-tie like Youmu. In addition they both have plausible hair colors for the corresponding 2hus as well. That is why I thought they were 2hus.

Rumia

Postby Rumia » February 3rd, 2016, 3:36 am

I think it's hotlinking protection. Earth sees the original image because it's cached, while everyone else is getting the Touhou image.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 3rd, 2016, 3:37 am

Rumia wrote:I think it's hotlinking protection. Earth sees the original image because it's cached, while everyone else is getting the Touhou image.

Err...oops...sorry :tsad2:!

Here, just...I don't feel like messing with it now, alright?

Just try this: Chapter 52, page 8, on the right
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » February 3rd, 2016, 6:59 am

Thank you for the clarification rumia

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 3rd, 2016, 5:17 pm

Zummorr wrote:Thank you for the clarification rumia

Yeah, umm...sorry for the confusion :tsad2:

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 4th, 2016, 12:32 pm

Okay, guys? I think I figured out a way to show you that page easily: I just downloaded it from the manga scanlation site, and uploaded it to my imgur. Can someone tell me if it works now?

EDIT: Well, just cleared my cache, and it works for me. To make sure, I checked to see if what was in Zummorr's spoiler box was the "hotlink warning" pic, and it was.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 5th, 2016, 12:09 am

Zummorr wrote:ping

Hey, I think I fixed it. Try the spoilered image in my post now. Do you see a girl talking about warming pads and sharks with frikkin laser beams?

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » February 5th, 2016, 2:56 am

Indeed you fixed it. It's still a strange comic. but it is fixed. Atleast your crazed perverted lady has good taste in bad comedy references.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 5th, 2016, 3:50 am

Zummorr wrote:Indeed you fixed it. It's still a strange comic. but it is fixed. Atleast your crazed perverted lady has good taste in bad comedy references.

Alright, good!

And yeah, the series is weird. Funny and sexy though :tbiggrin: Image! Kinda like Shantae, actually (trying to bring it full circle here; ignore the weird girl on the other side of the screen :twink: ...). I've talked enough about it in the "Twitter" thread, after all.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 5th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Zummorr wrote:Indeed you fixed it. It's still a strange comic. but it is fixed. Atleast your crazed perverted lady has good taste in bad comedy references.

Incidentally...umm...you don't think any less of me for this...incident, or what I showed off in the end, do you :tsad2:?

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » February 6th, 2016, 3:23 am

Nope. you're fine. I just don't see much in the connections between Shanty and wet shirt lady. I was more perplexed at the problem, rather than annoyed. Don't sweat it at all.

Like theres a guy (might have mentioned him before know him in the RL's) He, without any ill intentions at all, provides me with far more wistful disdain and gives me more breathy sighs of annoyance than you. I'm looking over a written piece for him...He writes Naruto fanfiction. And like he writes ALOT like 25k for this thing alone. Putting aside the fact that I know very little about Naru-toe.

He's got a bunch of problems. Like it's not like internet spam misspelling bad. But like he gives me really awkward phrasing, blatantly uses movie lines, he is just generally uncreative ideas for plot...but thats not the worst. The worst is that he does not, at all! give me any location descriptions or character descriptions.
like imagine if you were to take a book, any book, and just remove all of the descriptions of the places and characters. The atmosphere would be nonexistant and you'd be really lost.

It's just entertainingly annoying to me. Because as I read it, it doesn't make sense to me, so I ask him about it, he explains some nonsense about Naru-verse and I just more frustrated because I realize source material is garbage at times. haha

The biggest problem with my friend is that for a writer I don't think he has read enough books. So like he has no idea how to write something that you'd find in a book.

At the same time. You don't make dozens of dirty dishes in my sink almost every single night that you never EVER clean, forcing me to clean them instead. So you have that going for you.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 6th, 2016, 4:14 am

Zummorr wrote:Your last post in this thread

Oh yeah...weren't you complaining a while back about this or something?

Yeah, I know that was kinda one manga page out of context, but there's still a reason for it dammit! And that reason is...because I'm a master of entirely easy to understand references (lol) :tstick2: (incidentally, that's another joke from said manga. Maybe you should check it out, huh? But, yes, the "lol" means "sarcasm")!

...And because skimpy clothes in the cold, too. And my sexuality has a bad habit of running away with itself, let's be honest here.

But dirty dishes, huh? I don't know...I kinda have this unfortunate tendency to leave messes of my own everywhere I go. Sometimes with books and such...sometimes more...liquid-y things Image. Sometimes my messes end up here, too :tsad2: .

Though, hey, at *some point* I clean it up, at least!

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » February 6th, 2016, 5:08 am

Regarding the fan-fic writer. I mostly talk in jest. It's just that he really needs to stop writing Naruto Fan-fiction. He also needs to do some practicing. Like he needs to take a writing prompt write it out for about an hour and do that a bunch of times.
Or he needs to write out out a scenes beforehand and get his plot and scenes relatively straight so that he can properly set up things.
He also needs to widen his range of characters because he's got waaay to many OP wise-cracker protags and not enough (if any) memorable secondaries.

He needs to read some actual books though mostly.

Speedless

Postby Speedless » February 15th, 2016, 4:59 am

I'm finally caught up again! Yeah!

Oh, Bolo... Well, he's never been the most reliable of individuals. (Remember when he totally let Risky into that one place where the thing for the Steam Engine was--because he was distracted by her riskiness?) I'm expecting an unqualified disaster from this Targeting Module business... though I'm not certain who will have the most reason to think so. Knowing this game's style of humor, I'm guessing the next twist will be something I haven't thought far enough ahead to have guessed to begin with. (Unless we're about to take a side trip to that mysterious last island... It occurs to me that introducing us to it now would be one way to do something unexpected with the plot progression.)

I'll go ahead and second the recommendation to buy some potions, especially since it's looking like it won't take much effort to end up with plenty of everything else (if not nine of everything else). I wouldn't know if potions are as good as it sounded like, since I haven't played this game, but it never hurts to be safe, I guess.

Also, ehehehe, ehehehe, and ehehehe.

Return to “LP Smackdown 20-0-10”