Metroid Fusion (Blindfolded!)

The fabled art of 'let's play' is nigh tangible here. Got an LP you're just itching to share? Or maybe you just want to make snarky comments about someone's bad playing? That kind of thing goes here!
Absolut Zero

Metroid Fusion (Blindfolded!)

Postby Absolut Zero » December 1st, 2015, 6:28 am

I figured I should make this thread to force myself to post more often haha.

I will work on getting the formatting a little better in the future.

This series is an upload of a stream.

Game Info
Purchase

Playlist: Click Here

Episode Listing:

Segment 1 - Elevator (2:26:24)
Segment 2 - Monster Pit (3:26:54)
Segment 3 - "Vertical Progress" (2:01:48)
Segment 4 - "There is all of this stuff" (3:21:23)
Segment 5 - "SERRIS" (1:40:36)
Segment 6 - "WRONG" (1:57:19)
Segment 7 - "OOOOOO YOSH" (3:08:14)

This going to be good!

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Re: Metroid Fusion (Blindfolded!)

Postby Isocitration » December 1st, 2015, 9:19 am

Here's to hoping I don't forget whole rooms exist again in the future!
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » December 1st, 2015, 9:01 pm

I did this five years ago, ishole! I can't wait to see a certain jerk boss fight
A man of many voices

TheFinalSentinel

Postby TheFinalSentinel » December 2nd, 2015, 4:27 am

After speedrunning this game on and off for about two and a half years, I feel like I need to give this a try myself.
It's been some months though...

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:I did this five years ago, ishole! I can't wait to see a certain jerk boss fight

I feel like there are several you might be talking about here.

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » December 2nd, 2015, 4:55 am

TheFinalSentinel wrote:After speedrunning this game on and off for about two and a half years, I feel like I need to give this a try myself.

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:I did this five years ago, ishole! I can't wait to see a certain jerk boss fight

yakuza 
A man of many voices

TheFinalSentinel

Postby TheFinalSentinel » December 2nd, 2015, 6:24 am

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:
TheFinalSentinel wrote:After speedrunning this game on and off for about two and a half years, I feel like I need to give this a try myself.

yakuza 

Right. That figures.
Honestly, I don't feel like that would be the most detrimental to not have sight in, assuming you have enough tanks and missiles to survive a quick kill on the first phase, adding an extra cycle perhaps, and accounting for inevitable damage due to not being able to see. (Also assuming you know about the quick kill that is...)
Wait... You can get rid of his 2nd form projectiles with a charge shot, right? Can't remember since I usually just ignore them.

Maybe I should just put my money where my mouth is and try it out myself. I do keep a save right before him for the sake of 2nd phase practice.

Anyway, I feel like BOX1 or Ridley would be far worse, each for their own reasons.
I really need to try this thing myself. 

Absolut Zero

Postby Absolut Zero » December 3rd, 2015, 9:43 am

Episode 2 just came out, updated the OP, still no playlist link. Seems hes not doing playlists for his newest series.

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 3rd, 2015, 5:18 pm

I'm just really lazy about making them, some random day they will get made. Maybe.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 3rd, 2015, 5:31 pm

Isocitration wrote:I'm just really lazy about making them, some random day they will get made. Maybe.

Might be a good idea to try and think of it as something that's going to be an even bigger pain if you put it off and have to do it all at once.
💙💙💙

pholtos

Postby pholtos » December 3rd, 2015, 6:07 pm

Playlists are easy though, you just make one and have it set to add a video when you upload a video with a specific set of words in its title.

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 3rd, 2015, 6:10 pm

Ugh mom, I gotta type words??

pholtos

Postby pholtos » December 3rd, 2015, 6:14 pm

Wow Iso, you're so lazy. :kappa:

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 3rd, 2015, 6:17 pm

Okay I made them! Just be aware that this will be my last video series ever since I've run out of greek letters to use in playlist titles. It's been real guys. :msad:

Absolut Zero

Postby Absolut Zero » December 3rd, 2015, 8:54 pm

Isocitration wrote:Okay I made them! Just be aware that this will be my last video series ever since I've run out of greek letters to use in playlist titles. It's been real guys. :msad:

Lol you could never make another playlist again, but you could also just add a second Greek character and double your capacity :bloodtrail:

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » December 3rd, 2015, 9:25 pm

Alternatively you could use other letters in your video descriptions. Like you could start using anything in the assortment of Eastern moonrunes. Or you could the alphabet and use the backwards russian letters.
You could also just go numerically by Alt-codes. E.G ☺,☻,♥

I don't know how much leniency you have over font types. But if you need a nonsensical character somewhere...well Wingdings is something that needs to me used more often. I don't think that youtube has multiple font types though. which is a shame...but also it would get old to see Wingdings everywhere.

chridd

Postby chridd » December 4th, 2015, 2:08 am

Isocitration wrote:Okay I made them! Just be aware that this will be my last video series ever since I've run out of greek letters to use in playlist titles. It's been real guys. :msad:
абвгдежзийклмнопрстуфхцчшщъыьэюя
אבגדהוזחטיכךלמםנןסעפףצץקרשת
あいうえおかきくけこさしすせそたちつてとなにぬねのはひふへほまみむめもやゆよらりるれろわゐゑをん
ᐁᐃᐅᐊᐯᐱᐳᐸᑊᑌᑎᑐᑕᐟᑫᑭᑯᑲᐠᒉᒋᒍᒐᐨᒣᒥᒧᒪᒼᓀᓂᓄᓇᐣᓭᓯᓱᓴᐢᔦᔨᔪᔭᐧ
ᚁᚂᚃᚄᚅᚆᚇᚈᚉᚊᚋᚌᚍᚎᚏᚐᚑᚒᚓᚔᚕᚖᚗᚘᚙ
disclaimer: I don't speak any of these languages, so it's possible I got things wrong...

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 4th, 2015, 5:43 am

chridd wrote:ᓀᓂ

Looks like fancy eyes for an emoticon, lol.
💙💙💙

Absolut Zero

Postby Absolut Zero » December 4th, 2015, 5:58 am

Zummorr wrote:I don't know how much leniency you have over font types.I don't know how much leniency you have over font types.

I am pretty sure Youtube has full Unicode support, so honestly he has a ridiculous amount of characters to choose from

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » December 4th, 2015, 11:10 am

chridd wrote:
абвгдежзийклмнопрстуфхцчшщъыьэюя
אבגדהוזחטיכךלמםנןסעפףצץקרשת
あいうえおかきくけこさしすせそたちつてとなにぬねのはひふへほまみむめもやゆよらりるれろわゐゑをん
ᐁᐃᐅᐊᐯᐱᐳᐸᑊᑌᑎᑐᑕᐟᑫᑭᑯᑲᐠᒉᒋᒍᒐᐨᒣᒥᒧᒪᒼᓀᓂᓄᓇᐣᓭᓯᓱᓴᐢᔦᔨᔪᔭᐧ
ᚁᚂᚃᚄᚅᚆᚇᚈᚉᚊᚋᚌᚍᚎᚏᚐᚑᚒᚓᚔᚕᚖᚗᚘᚙ
disclaimer: I don't speak any of these languages, so it's possible I got things wrong...

Wow
irish tree writing
didn't expect that

If I might add

(muh aybubn) աբգդեզէըթժիլխծկհձղճմյնշոչպջռսվտրցւփքօֆուեւ

caucasian pride world wide

ႠႡႢႣႤႥႦჁႧႨႩႪႫႬჂႭႮႯႰႱႲჃႭჃႳႴႵႶႷႸႹႺႻႼႽႾჄႿჀჅ
ⴀⴁⴂⴃⴄⴅⴆⴡⴇⴈⴉⴊⴋⴌⴢⴍⴎⴏⴐⴑⴒⴣⴍⴣⴓⴔⴕⴖⴗⴘⴙⴚⴛⴜⴝⴞⴤⴟⴠⴥ
აბგდევზთიკლმნოპჟრსტუფქღყშჩცძწჭხჯჰჱჲჳჴჵ

Or the glagolitsa

ⰀⰁⰂⰃⰄⰅⰆⰇⰈⰉⰊⰋⰌⰍⰎⰏⰐⰑⰒⰓⰔⰕⰖⰗⰘⰙⰚⰛⰜⰝⰞⰟⰠⰡⰢⰣⰤⰥⰦⰧⰨⰩⰪⰫⰬⰭⰮ
ⰰⰱⰲⰳⰴⰵⰶⰷⰸⰹⰺⰻⰼⰽⰾⰿⱀⱁⱂⱃⱄⱅⱆⱇⱈⱉⱊⱋⱌⱍⱎⱏⱐⱑⱒⱓⱔⱕⱖⱗⱘⱙⱚⱛⱜⱝⱞ

runes
ᚠᚡᚢᚣᚤᚥᚦᚧᚨᚩᚪᚫᚬᚭᚮᚯᚰᚱᚲᚳᚴᚵᚶᚷᚸᚹᚺᚻᚼᚽᚾᚿᛀᛁᛂᛃᛄᛅᛆᛇᛈᛉᛊᛋᛌᛍᛎᛏᛐᛑᛒᛓᛔᛕᛖᛗᛘᛙᛚᛛᛜᛝᛞᛟᛠᛡᛢᛣᛤᛥᛦᛧᛨᛩᛪ᛫᛬᛭ᛮᛯᛰᛱᛲᛳᛴᛵᛶᛷᛸ

turkce runes (forum doesn't support :( )

arabic

شغظذخثتسرقضفعصنملكيطحزوهدجبا

But, you, go with cyrillic, it's beautiful and it goes good with greek and latina and also is the best alphabet and looks good

also i thought you already looped the greek alphabet once
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 4th, 2015, 7:51 pm

Cyrodilic you say? Man, if only I could use the Daedric alphabet.

And yeah I did upper and lower cases for the Greek alphalobeto

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » December 12th, 2015, 7:24 am

I checked on the old Twitch streams. First trying Serris what?! No Shocking death montages? You have gone farther than I expected Iso. I think you will have only a little trouble in Noc, those Ice parasites are pretty dangerous, but I think it's doable.

I don't think the bosses will be that big of an issue since you are getting so much ammunition. And since you have a lot of health. At the same time there is a save point right next to Big-X so even if you can't see him you can brute force him.

The major sticking point for this whole run though. Isn't going to be any of the bosses or sections. It's going to be the Coal plant time-bomb. it's filled with lava geysers and lava pools and the time limit is going to make things exceptionally difficult. If you can stop the wide-beam X-core from blowing up the world. Then you have my 100% support in being able to do this.

Good Luck Iso!

One fun thing about this LP is that it lets me see how detailed the sprite work is for the stuff in this game. I never noticed that the Box-robot is actually a hexapod, it has two legs hidden behind it faded in the background. in addition to that each time the box robot got "angry" from bumping into the wall a little light in the bottom middle of it lights up.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » December 12th, 2015, 8:33 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:If I might add

(muh aybubn) աբգդեզէըթժիլխծկհձղճմյնշոչպջռսվտրցւփքօֆուեւ

caucasian pride world wide

ႠႡႢႣႤႥႦჁႧႨႩႪႫႬჂႭႮႯႰႱႲჃႭჃႳႴႵႶႷႸႹႺႻႼႽႾჄႿჀჅ
ⴀⴁⴂⴃⴄⴅⴆⴡⴇⴈⴉⴊⴋⴌⴢⴍⴎⴏⴐⴑⴒⴣⴍⴣⴓⴔⴕⴖⴗⴘⴙⴚⴛⴜⴝⴞⴤⴟⴠⴥ
აბგდევზთიკლმნოპჟრსტუფქღყშჩცძწჭხჯჰჱჲჳჴჵ

holy fuck i need to stop associating with nazis and ironic racists
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

Absolut Zero

Postby Absolut Zero » December 13th, 2015, 11:20 am

Man, I have been so busy recently and constant headaches have prevented me from catching up on this series. Hope the progress has continued to be great!

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » December 13th, 2015, 4:25 pm

if you're doing your egyptian homework all I can say about episode 5 is

iw {W019}mi ´3´{D053}.k {G038}s3{A001} (iw mi ´3´k s3)

<tovakj> yes

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » December 13th, 2015, 10:37 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:if you're doing your egyptian homework all I can say about episode 5 is

I'm assuming it's a veiled programming joke? Honestly, I punched it the statement or what seemed like logical parts of it into google and I got nothing. All I see is a couple 2-chan esque fish faces. ´3´

It's not that I'm upset or anything. I just don't even have a scaffold of knowledge to even grasp what you are referring to. The only thing I'd guess is that the bracketed info is referring to database values or something. But you could've just typed nonsense above and I wouldn't know the difference.

Sorry. Ya dun stumped me gud.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » December 13th, 2015, 11:42 pm

Zummorr wrote:
Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:if you're doing your egyptian homework all I can say about episode 5 is

I'm assuming it's a veiled programming joke? Honestly, I punched it the statement or what seemed like logical parts of it into google and I got nothing. All I see is a couple 2-chan esque fish faces. ´3´

It's not that I'm upset or anything. I just don't even have a scaffold of knowledge to even grasp what you are referring to. The only thing I'd guess is that the bracketed info is referring to database values or something. But you could've just typed nonsense above and I wouldn't know the difference.

Sorry. Ya dun stumped me gud.

Somewhere out there is a ¸uh, particularly kick ass torrent of Gardiner's Egyptian Grammar

the letters are phonetic readings of hieroglyphs. the info in curly brackets are meant to represent the Gardiner name of the determinitives, which are picture elements that go with the phonetic elements to disambiguate words. Hieroglyphs themselves begin in the unicode block starting at 13000 if you want to find the exact letters

iw is to be. It's actually prolly cognate to yhwh even.

W019 is actually a biliteral root and not a determinate but it helps pin down the exact mi I'm using. It means like, as if.

´3´ are the consonants glottal stop - pharyngeal fricative - glottal stop, aleph ayin aleph. With that determinative it means beget

the dot separates morpheme boundaries; imag.ine if we wrote word.s like this may.be. .k is thou, or you, specifically when speaking to a male.

s3 with that determinative means son. Egyptian didn't have an independent indefinite article so it could be a son or the son. But in context it's a son.

So, putting it all together, "It's as if you begat a son"

because the noises he made killing serres sounded like that

<tovakj> yes

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » December 14th, 2015, 1:48 am

Huh. Well have to say you worked really pretty hard on the joke. Like the effort is quite clever.

But like the punch line is one of many comments about how Iso underwent isomerization during that fight.
You should do whatever you like. Something I like to consider though, is if I'm telling jokes for my own entertainment, or for the entertainment of others.

Just my thoughts on it.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » December 14th, 2015, 2:37 am

Zummorr wrote:Huh. Well have to say you worked really pretty hard on the joke. Like the effort is quite clever.

But like the punch line is one of many comments about how Iso underwent isomerization during that fight.
You should do whatever you like. Something I like to consider though, is if I'm telling jokes for my own entertainment, or for the entertainment of others.

Just my thoughts on it.

I shared a copy of the grammar with him and he was reading a little bit of it

If you look hard enough I think he's said that he's not interested in anything and wants to change that? From the old days of steam chat and whatnot he's either good at not telling me im boring or at least isn't disinterested in linguistics when I ramble on about it. So I've tried to nurture that except I'm bad at that, but like now and then I'd drop weird things like this on him

So like the joke was only to him really. Though to a lesser extent anyone who read the post I made the other day about the word for donkey, who might have seen one labeled D05X and might have remembered the weird thing, were kinda hinted at being included too, but like keep in mind

<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

<tovakj> yes

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » December 14th, 2015, 3:17 am

Fair enough. in jokes are in jokes, even if they are shrouded in foreign languages.

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 14th, 2015, 4:16 am

I think Tova is severely overestimating my ability to decipher that anyway!

edit: and of course I don't actually have to thanks to this conversation happening before I even woke up, hooray!

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » December 14th, 2015, 10:29 am

Isocitration wrote:I think Tova is severely overestimating my ability to decipher that anyway!

edit: and of course I don't actually have to thanks to this conversation happening before I even woke up, hooray!

confession: this is entirely and totally predicated on you recognizing d053

is over extended dick joke

all else bonus, is predicated on reminding you that "jizzing dick" in unicode because praise Ra

<tovakj> yes

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » December 31st, 2015, 9:53 am

Welp. Iso managed to beat the first major hurdle of this challenge. Dire Dire PYR is now complete! :kappa: //

I think that a few of the later run-ins with SA-X might be troublesome, but I fear that the deep aquatic zone and the robot round-2 will be really annoying.

I found your death to SA-X quite humorous and pathetic.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 11th, 2016, 1:34 am

Is this still going on? We've kinda got a lot of stickied threads going on in this subforum at the moment. I'd like to clean it up if this or Gah are done/dropped. And as far as I know Gah is still planned but this one I have no idea on.
💙💙💙

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » March 11th, 2016, 3:58 am

Both are inactive right now. Gah's just a huge time sink with little payoff, so my motivation to keep playing is pretty low. With Fusion mostly I've just been focusing on other stuff right now, so I haven't felt the urge to continue. Same for Shantae as well I guess. It's up to you if you'd prefer the threads un-stickied; it doesn't matter too much either way, I'll just resticky them when I start uploading the relevant game again.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 11th, 2016, 5:04 am

Isocitration wrote:Both are inactive right now. Gah's just a huge time sink with little payoff, so my motivation to keep playing is pretty low. With Fusion mostly I've just been focusing on other stuff right now, so I haven't felt the urge to continue. Same for Shantae as well I guess. It's up to you if you'd prefer the threads un-stickied; it doesn't matter too much either way, I'll just resticky them when I start uploading the relevant game again.

If they're just on hold but you're definitely going to continue them then they're fine staying stickied. I just wanted to make sure that none of them have been dropped or anything.
💙💙💙

Return to “LP Smackdown 20-0-10”