Mischief Makers: Shake-Shakin it up!

The fabled art of 'let's play' is nigh tangible here. Got an LP you're just itching to share? Or maybe you just want to make snarky comments about someone's bad playing? That kind of thing goes here!

Leet

Re: Mischief Makers: Shake-Shakin it up!

Postby Leet » July 22nd, 2015, 8:37 pm

SHAKE SHAKE

ive never seen this game actually

i mean i knew about it but ive never seen it IN ACTION
Genie wrote:No one is innocent so Karma doesn’t care who it kills. It strikes out randomly assured it destroys a sinner.

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario
Location: IDK I think it was like a pocket dimension or somethin

Postby Lead Luigi » July 22nd, 2015, 8:59 pm

I've seen a little but of his game before. It seems pretty cool.
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » July 22nd, 2015, 9:35 pm

Lead Luigi wrote:I've seen a little but of his game before. It seems pretty cool.

It's one of the few N64 games I actually had. Got a great deal on it too. I traded some shitty South Park game for it and Conker's Bad Fur Day. It's definitely different. And 100%ing it is an utter pain in the ass. Overall though I'd say it's a good game.
💙💙💙

Absolut Zero

Postby Absolut Zero » July 22nd, 2015, 10:52 pm

Alice wrote:It's one of the few N64 games I actually had. And 100%ing it is an utter pain in the ass. Overall though I'd say it's a good game.

I used to love this game when I was a kld, it was one of the few N64 games I had too, and I probably put hundreds of hours into 100%'ing it. The puzzle levels are kind of annoying and the "minigames" are hard to master but it is worth it. The game is charming and unique I think Iso will end up liking it :bloodtrail:

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » July 23rd, 2015, 4:05 am

The Daily Nudge.

The Singing Clancer on the gemstone shrine told you about the Red Gems to get a continue. After he spoke to you... he moved form over the red gem to over the blue gem, and started singing again. Hint, hint.

Also, that statuette that you couldn't break? I wonder if you could cook it.

The two are related. I know how you like your collectables.

Cheers, -18C

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » July 24th, 2015, 12:30 am

The Daily Nudge.

It is a well known fact that planet Clancer utilizes the Double Tap. To walk, It's a standard WASD approach.
↔ To Walk, ↓ to crouch ↑ to "look up". While holding directions, B will grab outward (↓+B will Dig)
Double-Tap →→ to Boost forward on land and in the air. Same for Double Tap ←← and ↑↑. Double Tap ↓↓ to perform a roll on the ground and a downward boost while in the air.

If you're "Holding A Thing", and you Double-Tap ↓↓, instead of rolling, you'll shake it. And everything can be shaken. Even a bomb. O_o

If you press the C→, C↓, C← and C↑ buttons on your authentic Nintendo 64 Controller, it will perform the same action as Double-tapping the Directional Pad (outlined above), but it won't be quite as powerful. Thus, to boost fast, you have to Double-Tap. If you're not fast/good at the game, you can use the C-Buttons, but you will perform terribly at the later levels.

Finally, Marina has a Hyper-Dash. Hold ↓ and tap A. Instead of Jumping, She'll Dash.
Here's the Nudge.
Remember, everything is a Double Tap. So if you Double Tap A while holding Down↓, you'll Jump shortly after performing a dash, and your "Dashing-Momentium" continues forward in the air allowing you to "Super Mario Long Jump" through the level. With good timing, you can clear a level very easily.

Oh, and S-Ranks? I wouldn't try to get any S-Rank on any level. I think the S-Rank for level 1 is like 15 or 12 seconds. I remember that from back in the day. To get it, you cancel the cutscene A.S.A.P., Dash Jump with perfect timing over to Geold, talk to him, Skip, skip, skip (you know how old guys like to talk) Grab the bomb, Dash Jump past Teren & Celes (they're important to the story later), From the air, throw the bomb, have it land on the ground next to the tower, it starts exploding a second early, Dash to the star then exit the level, all in under, as memory serves, 15 seconds. Suuuper doable with practice, but not doable when... um... you think... "that guy can't be shaken" :-)

S-Ranks and Double-tapping are related.

All guys can be shaken. They are teasing you saying that you can't. You gonna let them get away with that, Inter-galactic psycopathic-G? Err.. Cyborg-G?

Cheers, ^_^
-EighteenCharacters
Last edited by EighteenCharacters on July 28th, 2015, 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leet

Postby Leet » July 26th, 2015, 9:17 am

Honestly this game is so weird. The best part of these videos is hearing you say words like Clancer because what the hell does that even mean. What the hell does any of this game even mean. why did they put their face on everything in their world. why does their face look like that
Genie wrote:No one is innocent so Karma doesn’t care who it kills. It strikes out randomly assured it destroys a sinner.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » July 28th, 2015, 8:36 am

Now that I slaughtered the robo goats of b'Thelezar and offered them to the robo Satan of the adjacent moon's grey goo empire to divine the freaking time to watch these, I can comment on things

and what I want to say is, I know that somewhere someone in my life or adjacent to it (catty corner? catty corner from my life) has used marina as an avatar for years, or at least years ago, and I never knew where it was from and assumed like some tenchi muyo or weird not gundamn but gundamn thing.

Maybe it was on the talkhaus? Did a talkhauser use her as an avy? It sounds right.
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » July 29th, 2015, 6:00 am

Mr. The Iso, Sir. Sir.
Sir.
I know a thing. Do you like knowing things? It's a hidden thing. A music thing. A button press thing. A code thing. A hidden menu thing. For the game. Sir.

Do you like knowing of hidden things? I think knowing of such a thing would be a great delight AFTER playing the game, and hearing each stages music. I don't like spoiling things, and while this arguably isn't, it could be seen that way.

Sir.
-18C

chridd

Postby chridd » August 6th, 2015, 1:58 am

*Grabs YouTube* Shake-shake!

The end of that last level reminded me of a level in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 2nd, 2015, 10:59 pm

Oh man, why did I stop playing this game again?
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

Absolut Zero

Postby Absolut Zero » December 3rd, 2015, 6:47 am

Isocitration wrote:Oh man, why did I stop playing this game again?

Holy crap! This series still exists! :bloodtrail:

Saw the notification for the vid at work and was disappointed I had to wait until now to watch it lol.

Louiejub

Postby Louiejub » December 3rd, 2015, 7:38 am

Our familiar program has returned! Hooray!

Absolut Zero

Postby Absolut Zero » December 3rd, 2015, 8:23 am

Isocitration wrote:Woah! Super orb infusation sequence creepy activity time activate!

Just wanted to copy that here for posterity lol

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 3rd, 2015, 9:05 am

For those who need a reminder about what the plot of the game is:

Absolut Zero

Postby Absolut Zero » December 3rd, 2015, 9:39 am

Isocitration wrote:For those who need a reminder about what the plot of the game is:

Main thing to remember, the G stands for galoshes

Ozzy Ment

Postby Ozzy Ment » December 3rd, 2015, 11:20 pm

The game will tell you how get Migen's gold gem fairly soon.

Edit: Man, I knew I should've watched the next episode before posting that!

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 4th, 2015, 9:00 pm

Leet wrote:Honestly this game is so weird. The best part of these videos is hearing you say words like Clancer because what the hell does that even mean. What the hell does any of this game even mean. why did they put their face on everything in their world. why does their face look like that

This game is weird. But that's what makes it so awesome :theart:!

I like that Clanpot level. I don't know if we'll see it again, though.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » December 5th, 2015, 4:43 am

Sooo, are you wishing a spoiler~style hint for the Golden Gem you missed from the war level in World 3?

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 5th, 2015, 5:23 am

I'm wishing for an ultra cryptic la mulana "you won't actually figure out what it means until after you already get it" hint

Absolut Zero

Postby Absolut Zero » December 5th, 2015, 6:24 am

The answer usually is you have to shake something lol. Some things expire or get killed after enough time however

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » December 5th, 2015, 7:21 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:I like that Clanpot level. I don't know if we'll see it again, though.

It's been a long time since I last played so I might be remembering wrong but I think the clanpot mechanic was tragically underused for the rest of the game and only shows up like one to two more times.
💙💙💙

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » December 5th, 2015, 3:59 pm

Isocitration wrote:I'm wishing for an ultra cryptic la mulana "you won't actually figure out what it means until after you already get it" hint

Alright. How's this?

Civilian 

Figure it out. Good luck!

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » December 5th, 2015, 7:07 pm

Alice wrote:
EarthPhantomTS wrote:I like that Clanpot level. I don't know if we'll see it again, though.

It's been a long time since I last played so I might be remembering wrong but I think the clanpot mechanic was tragically underused for the rest of the game and only shows up like one to two more times.

Aww man!

Tiamat, you wanna get some alchemy pots and take them to Planet Clancer :theart: ?
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Ozzy Ment

Postby Ozzy Ment » December 6th, 2015, 9:00 pm

Oh boy, the athletic festival is where I started having problems due to emulator issues. I also didn't particularly care for the level itself. At least the math problems actually showed up; I just had a black bar at the top of the screen. The computer always gets the right answer, so I just abused save states. And, as I suspected, Lunar isn't really that hard, I just suck at this game. No-hit-clearing him is going to be quite the ordeal though.

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » December 7th, 2015, 12:52 pm

Ozzy Ment wrote:[edited]... And, as I suspected, Lunar isn't really that hard, I just suck at this game. No-hit-clearing him is going to be quite the ordeal though.

Hey Iso, He's right... I thought it might be good to offer up some tips since face-to-anvil smashes aren't the best thing ever.

So, tip #1 is - always ride the missle. Your manuverability tripples. 
Tip#2  Grab the missles at a distance. They're projectiles, so your strength lies in distance, and reaction time. Always shake them for a bigger explosion. 
Tip#3  When you are shot at, don't just grab the shot, but rapid-grab it. Each time you tap B to grab while holding the laser ball will augment power into it. In short, when Cerebrus shoots it's laser at you, tap B after grabbing it to grow the laser. ALSO- Hold toward Lunar. You'l automatically throw it back at him after the laser dies out. 
Tip#4  At the 1 on 1 battle, Lunar cannot see you from behind. That's the time to grab him. Just slam him on the ground... Behind you to the left if possible. 
Tip#5  If you can control your Clan Cat well, grab lunar's gun after Cerebrus' transformation. Get in close, and Hold UP. That's right. Hold the gun above your head. It will auto-trigger lunar. Don't worry about shaking the gun. Just maintain the distance well, and you'll get the gold gem easily. 

Hope this post isn't too late.
Cheers,
-18C

Ozzy Ment

Postby Ozzy Ment » December 8th, 2015, 4:30 am

The boulder is invisible to me for some reason. I'm using Project 64 v1.6. The emulator's help section said "Use (Settings) Always use texture Filtering and (Advanced) Force alpha Blending on Jabo's D3D8 Video Config and make sure you disable once you have finished playing the game." I switched to the D3D8 plugin, but "Always use texture filtering" and "Force alpha blending" don't seem to exist.
Then again, browsing around the forum a bit, it seems I may need at least version 1.6.1, which would require me to restart the whole game.
Does anyone have any advice?

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 8th, 2015, 5:13 am

I've been using Project 64 2.1 for the lp thus far using the Glide64 video plugin that comes with it. (at least I think that plugin is included now) If you don't mind using a newer emulator version I'd recommend upgrading. You shouldn't have to restart the whole game if you copy the game's save file to the new emulator's save folder.

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » December 8th, 2015, 12:30 pm

Good Job on Lunar! One quick note is that you shot lunar by facing him and letting the gun fire. You can also hold UP and face anywhere. If you hold things above your head, and they have auto-targeting as a feature of  future... weapons err... toys and things *cough* spoilers , :-) then it will automatically target nearby jerks.

Also, um... getting the gold gem in later levels is... a thing... Beta,... not so much... But... freaking Gamma... That will test you and your limits a bit.

But anydangway, Good freaking Job on Lunar!

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » December 10th, 2015, 2:35 pm

Because I love the game, I feel it's my duty to say, even though it doesn't matter, that to run as Teran, double-tap forward, and then hold.

Walk = Right. Run = Right-Right.

The developers knew how fun the game can be, and how tricky communicating the controls could be. That's litterally why she yells "Shake-Shake". Perhaps they scraped the idea of "Dash-Dash" being said all the freaking time? IDK.

-18C

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 10th, 2015, 10:24 pm

Huh, there were periods where I thought he was running faster but I had no idea why. Guess that explains it!

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 12th, 2015, 1:41 am

Er, since all my headphones are either dead or unbearable to use now, there won't be any videos or streams for about a week until my new pair arrives. I mean, I guess I can still technically do those things, I just can't hear anything!

pholtos

Postby pholtos » December 12th, 2015, 2:32 am

Isocitration wrote:I just can't hear anything!

Blindfolded soundless metroid fusion stream hype. \ :kappa: /

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » December 12th, 2015, 2:55 am

so hyped
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Lunatic Quark

Postby Lunatic Quark » December 14th, 2015, 8:34 am

I like how I never questioned anything in this game until I replayed it a few years ago

hint for 5-3:  weaponry  (I couldn't really figure out anything more cryptic than that)

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » December 15th, 2015, 4:06 am

Lunatic Quark wrote:I like how I never questioned anything in this game until I replayed it a few years ago

hint for 5-3:  weaponry  (I couldn't really figure out anything more cryptic than that)

That's a fairly good hint, Miss L.

*clears throat*

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » December 15th, 2015, 6:44 am

Hey Iso, Since you're nearing the end of the game, I thought I'd let you in on a few secrets. These secrets will help pad some smaller episodes in case that you decide to split the next few levels into smaller videos.

#1, You tried, but you are able to get an S-Rank on the Bee level. Try again. You had the correct strategy, but you were a few nanoseconds off. Try to grab the ending star off-screen. It's pixel perfect, but you will nab an S-Rank for being a few hundreths of a second faster.

#2, hey- try this. On the Title screen, when Marina calls out "Mischief Maker", press Left + A + C-Left + C-Right + Start by contorting your fingers into attacking horse-spiders on your authentic N64 controller.

#3, Just for funsies, re-enter the ostrich level where you finish off boomer Ko-anger. Did you know that the Ostrich, which is super popular on Planet Clancer can fly? You wouldn't want to end the game without finding that out.

#4, Even though you think you got all the golden Gems, there is actually one golden gem left. You cannot gather the last golden gem until you are at the very end of the game. Even so, you do not even have the opportunity to get it without obtaining at least an A-rank for time on all of the levels. Lucky you, they don't require S-Ranks.

#5, S-exy ranks:
1-01 00.18.00 Meet Marina!!
1-02 00.17.00 Meet Calina!!
1-03 00.25.00 Clanball Land
1-04 00.08.00 Spike Land
1-05 00.33.00 3 Clancer Kids
1-06 00.36.00 Blockman Rises
1-07 00.22.00 Wormin' Up!!
1-08 00.43.00 Crisis: Nepton
1-09 00.29.00 Western World
1-10 00.12.00 Volcano!!
2-01 00.36.00 Sea of Lava
2-02 00.26.00 Vertigo!!
2-03 00.11.00 Sink or Float!
2-04 00.38.00 Hot Rush
2-05 00.12.00 Searin' Swing!
2-06 00.27.00 Flambéé!!
2-07 00.28.00 Tightrope Ride
2-08 00.22.00 Freefall!!
2-09 00.25.00 Magma Rafts!!
2-10 00.25.00 Seasick Climb
2-11 01.51.00 Migen Brawl!!
3-01 00.32.00 Clanpot Shake
3-02 00.30.00 Clance War
3-03 00.50.00 Missile Surf!!
3-04 00.22.00 Clanball Lift!
3-05 01.12.00 Go Marzen 64
3-06 00.22.00 Chilly Dog!!
3-07 01.00.00 Snowstorm Maze
3-08 00.18.00 LUNAR!!
3-09 00.37.00 The Day Before
3-10 02.36.00 The Day Of
3-11 00.11.00 Cat-astrophe!!
3-12 01.02.00 CERBERUS [Alpha]
4-01 00.27.00 Rolling Rock!!
4-02 00.28.00 Toadly Raw!!
4-03 05.20.00 7 Clancer Kids
4-04 00.43.00 Rescue! Act 1
4-05 00.30.00 Rescue! Act 2
4-06 00.16.00 TARUS!!
4-07 01.22.00 Ghost Catcher!
4-08 00.39.00 Aster's Tryke!
4-09 00.37.00 Moley Cow!!
4-10 00.34.00 Aster's Maze!
4-11 00.58.00 SASQUATCH [Beta]
5-01 01.28.00 Clance War II
5-02 00.28.00 Counterattack
5-03 01.04.55 Bee's the one!
5-04 00.17.00 MERCO!!
5-05 01.20.00 Trapped!?
5-06 00.55.00 PHOENIX [Gamma]
5-07 01.15.00 Inner Struggle
5-08 01.26.00 Final Battle

You get Nothing for achieving S-ranks, only the satisfaction of doing so. World 5, Stage 3 is the easiest of the entire game to get an S-Rank, and the game gives it to you for people to find out about S-ranks in the first place. 2-8 and 3-11 are really easy as well if you ignore rules or have good timing. All the other ones that make you say "There is no way" have some abusable, cheesable way of beating it that only a glitchmaster would ever find- and the game requires you to do it in order to get the S-Rank. A good example of this is 4-9, where you would say that being dizzy takes too long. There is another way.

The best way to get an S-Ranks is to remember the in game tip: There is No Time for Snacks!

Have fun!
-18C

Absolut Zero

Postby Absolut Zero » December 16th, 2015, 6:38 am

I am pretty sure your emulator was glitching out on the circuit board fight. All the bubbles are supposed to say negative words and you shake them to turn into their positive counterpart to throw at him. It was hilarious to see your reactions to bubbles turning into words for no apparent reason though!

I see you ended up figuring it out later in the episode lol my bad

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » December 16th, 2015, 12:36 pm

The whole 'wow I can grab these random clouds and turn them into words' factor just makes the game feel wackier in the usual good way anyway!

Return to “LP Smackdown 20-0-10”