pholtos Text Adventures - Pokemon Crystal

The fabled art of 'let's play' is nigh tangible here. Got an LP you're just itching to share? Or maybe you just want to make snarky comments about someone's bad playing? That kind of thing goes here!
pholtos

Re: pholtos Text Adventures - Pokemon Crystal

Postby pholtos » September 20th, 2017, 11:46 pm

So I was considering making a change to the way I should do talking, given how annoyingly lengthy some of these people can be with their monologues.
This is how the image originally looked:
This is the experimental change:
The spacing is a bit iffy at points but for the most part I feel like I got it down.
Maybe I could split up the text a bit based on when the game has their name again but yeah.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » September 21st, 2017, 1:26 am

pholtos wrote:Maybe I could split up the text a bit based on when the game has their name again but yeah.

I think it'd definitely be a bit more readable if you did that but otherwise this change seems like a decent one in my opinion.
💙💙💙

pholtos

Postby pholtos » September 21st, 2017, 2:22 am

Alice wrote:
pholtos wrote:Maybe I could split up the text a bit based on when the game has their name again but yeah.

I think it'd definitely be a bit more readable if you did that but otherwise this change seems like a decent one in my opinion.

So basically if it looked like this?

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » September 21st, 2017, 3:25 am

Yup, that's a lot more readable in my opinion.
💙💙💙

Speedless

Postby Speedless » September 21st, 2017, 6:11 am

pholtos wrote:So basically if it looked like this?

Looks good to me. Two-column text is nice and compact compared to one-column, and the text itself shows up much bigger than it does in the original image blocks (particularly when your browser window is narrow).

So about the legendary dogs... I don't remember if we've seen the roamers (or whatever they've been randomized to) yet. I can only imagine what it would be like to hear that panic-inducing alarm and then see that it's just an Arcanine or something. Would it run away from you if it's not actually a Raikou or Entei?

I'm also curious about events like the one that gives you full access to the Tin Tower. Would you need an actual Raikou, an actual Entei, and an actual Suicune? Does the game care about the status of the "real" dogs? (Bulbapedia isn't particularly specific... Man, I am not used to it being called the Bell Tower in later games.)

Despite this place being the town of dragons, that literally means four pokemon. Those would be dratini, dragonair, dragonite and kingdra. Which is sort of depressing if you think about it.

We only need one.

(More Dragons are always appreciated, of course.)

It's hard to be a dragon master if there's so few pokemon that are dragons, you know.

Wouldn't that make it very easy? You'll have them all mastered before the water master can finish training what they found in that tiny pond in Viridian City!

Is... is that... it's pasta sauce, that has to be pasta sauce. Why is your gym full of boiling pasta sauce? How is it boiling? Wouldn't it be bad if someone accidentally fell in? I have many questions.

Maybe it's a mudpot, and it only looks red because the player character is secretly a Dragon Quest character perpetually at 1 HP. I guess that's why only the Pokemon fight...

Since you answered the Dragon Master's questions correctly, you qualified for the special Dratini. Pokemon you get in noncombat events (like Surf the Totodile) weren't randomized, though, were they? So there's no random silliness to be had with that event, I guess.

pholtos

Postby pholtos » September 21st, 2017, 6:51 am

All right, thanks guys. Next session took forever to edit, due to some experimentation with the way the images look, and ended up having 71 images in total. So this is gonna be fun once I work towards posting it. :P

pholtos

Postby pholtos » September 21st, 2017, 7:57 pm

Session 21: Descending Mountains and Climbing Waterfalls

Welcome back, last time we beat meanyface Claire and after a doofy sidequest finally got the 8th badge. Today we'll travel towards the Elite Four.

As I stated before, this town is sorta in a silly location, besides the Ice Path, the only other route leaving it is a Mountain Road.

Over here to the left is the Dark Cave, you may recall really early on in our adventure this place before. I have no interest in going through it and it would be a pain to do without flash. So nope.

This route is a pain, as there's basically one way ledges everywhere. I basically have to pick and hope I choose a good route.

And so begins experimental images time. I figured it'd be nicer to keep the beginning talks separated from the battles like I had before. I wonder if this guy just hangs out here all day hoping someone picks his path. Seems like a lotta waiting.

Experimental image idea 2: Rearranging the battle pictures like this. These mons are a tad underleveled after some of the stuff we recently went through but I digress, I can still lose to them if I'm not careful.

Experimental image idea 3: Combining images based on proximity. It provides a nice perspective on routes and stuff, woulda been sorta handy during the ice path. As you can see, we missed a trainer, and there's really no way to fight him sans returning to the start of the route and taking his path.

Max potion get.

My battle strategy is to snuggle all pokemon.

I'm really appreciating having an electric type on my team. Really helps in battles like this one.

Another split path, I chose wisely, woulda missed this guy otherwise. This guy actually has a good reason to be here, mountains seem to be a favorite spot for tough people to train.

...But with a name like that I dunno. Vulpy one shots his only mon.

I really need to clean out my bag at some point, but I keep forgetting to.

Only one possible path this time. I woulda missed the nugget had I gone down so yeah.

And taking that one path led to a revive. I'll probably end up using these items someday.

Why do I snuggle cutes? Because they're there.

I find bells to be a pretty good mon, so long as he gets to attack first. Bells is unfortunately saddled with terribad defenses.

Ok tough guy, bring it on!

Whirlwind is still an annoying move to deal with. Critical hits are still annoying to deal with. Blargh.

Final part of the route. No turning back now.

Here's the second of three entrances to Dark Cave. The third would be near Violet City.

Uh oh, this guy seems to have a lotta confidence in his mountain Pokemon. I better be care-

Well I seem to have met this guy a tad later than I probably could have.

Heading all the way down some more ledges and we're back on a familiar path. Time to return home.

I stop by my mom's house to see her for the first time in a long while.

I'm glad they put in a healing machine somewhere in New Bark Town, woulda been silly if there was no way to heal here.

Apparently I helped him out with research at some point, don't remember doing that, all I did was defeat a bunch of gym leaders and singlehandedly stopped a major criminal organization, nothing big.

Egg? I vaguely recall an egg sometime ages ago, but I think I lost it or something.

Time for a nice pleasant surf towards the pokemon league.

Graveler, what are you doing here. You're on the water, you can't be here. Stop breaking the laws of physics.

Apparently New Bark Town is right on the edge of the boundary between Johto and Kanto.

And so it is. Looks like the only difference between Kanto maps in R/B/Y and G/S/C is the path I'm taking and the leftward path.

If you're wondering why we couldn't go here earlier, well...

This moonstone was blocking the way.

More seriously, the 8th badge grants us the ability to use Waterfall, so we couldn't have progressed this way until we beat Claire.

Upon leaving the cave, we are instantly snuggled by a trainer.

No, I'm delivering a pizza.

Vaporeon used annoying tactics involving sand attack to defeat Bells. Also, the return of self destruct. Poor Horsea...

HOUSE!

Sandstorm has a very Niche use, and in this gen is even more Niche. I won't be using it.

I gotta wonder, what about me looks "strong"? Am I covered in battle scars or something?

Yow!

Guy with only a ditto fights me, knows he will lose.

No, I'm delivering a pizza.

Smeargle faints at the site of Vulpy's pure majesty.

I definitely should be careful of wild Pokemon, they'll eat the pizza I'm delivering.

Are you also doing a smol challenge? :3

Anyone who says something like this typically turns out to be a really easy opponent for some reason.

What? There's totally nothing weird about this image, why do you ask?

Actually I am sorta satisfied, I got to beat that meanyface Claire in the process.

I one-shotted that magneton so fast I forgot to take a screenshot of the ending message.

Heading up from the last trainer I find another house.

Which works as a healing station. Oh thank goodness, I was getting in pretty bad shape there.

NO! MY PIZZA! CURSES!

So clearly a person like this won't use cheap tactics or anything, that'd just be silly.

BITE STRATS, SO MANY BITES, STAHP! STAHP! I didn't get a picture of it but I had to switch out horsea for chinchy to take out that gyarados. Oof.

Thank you for these words of wisdom, I surely did not know this.

Tiny blob takes out Bell, news at 11.

If I'm coming across someone saying something like this, I must be getting close. Since they're nearly ready, they must have a really good team, right?

Aw come on guy, I beat both your pokemon with a single Horsea. Come on.

It seems Banana got here before me. He's still singlemindedly pushing forward. I worry for the guy.

Bells faints again, news at 11.

Finally.

Aw man we're here, we're gonna be able to take on the Elite four, no more silly dungeons to go through, no more silly block pushing puzzles or constant pokemon encounters, just me and four trainers.

These guys block the way left and right. Left leads to a place we won't be going to for a while, the right naturally leads to Kanto if you just remember the map.

Ah dang it.

Item get. Max Elixers could prove useful.

I started to feel like I needed to do a little training so...

I did. :3

Here's a collection of moves I learned and did not learn while training. 34-37 seems to be a popular time to get moves apparently. Til next time everyone, we'll take on Victory Road.

pholtos

Postby pholtos » September 22nd, 2017, 10:59 pm

Session 22: A True Gauntlet

Gonna be splitting this one up a little bit.

Welcome back, last time we made it up to Victory Road. Today's we'll traverse through Victory Road then if that goes well we'll take on the Elite Four.

Found a couple items while wandering about.

Up a floor, we find a hole you can drop down. Leads to the Earthquake TM, which would be a really good TM to teach to a mon.

I have two ways I can go, going down just heads back towards the beginning, right leads back towards the end.

That's literally it for Victory Road, it's oddly empty. Not even a single trainer, just some wild encounters.

Hmm?

Banana! There you are! :D

I'm gonna be giving all battles in this session a closer look given how difficult the fights are gonna be and stuff. So first up we have a Kadabra that I one shot after switching in. As a note, it used future sight.

Next up is this Raticate that loved using Hyper fang. Normal types are actually a pain to deal with.

I almost one shot dratini with my Horsea but alas he was already low on health and dragon rage always deals 40 damage. Nease cleans up.

These poor psychic types have no chance against me.

*eye twitches* HIT. IT.

THANK YOU.

Unfortunately my health was chipped away at while I was subjected to Iron Tails bad Accuracy and so by failing to one shot the sandshrew, it took out Nease.

With that, we have defeated Banana. It seems constantly winning against the guy is slowly changing this guy after all. He's definitely not as hard headed as we was when we first met him ages ago.

It seems Banana is going to do some self reflecting and maybe some meditation or something, I dunno.

And we're out. We've at last made it to the Indigo Plateau.

They added a really nice thing here in case you needed to get back to Johto quickly for whatever reason. I will not be using it.

I remembered to deal with my items finally.

I figured it'd be a good idea, so I did a bit of buying and training. As a note, Chinchy was the one I didn't teach hydro pump, given that Waterfall is fine, and Nease didn't learn Agility.

So heading up these stairs leads to the first of the four. The wall closes behind us, which in hindsight seems sorta dangerous if there was a malfunction. Can you say, squished 10 year old?

Our first opponent is Will, the psychic pokemon trainer. So clearly he will have psychic pokemon. That's how it works.

Pfft. Elite four randomized to Elite Four. Well what do you know.

Woah woah woah, what are you doing with a psychic type?!? You're not supposed to have a psychic type!

Next mon is Aerodactyl, I barely win cause I'm faster.

Ivysaur is next up to bat, and gets flamed in the face. Hope you brought a burn heal!

I think this image speaks for the horrors that followed. Dodrio was in for a shocking surprise.

This noctowl turned out to be a pain. Bulky mon with take down and hypnosis and some other moves I forgot for one reason or another.

One Elite Four dude down!

I sure hope my own training pre-coming in here was worth the effort I put into it. So far so good.

That's dangerous you know, stop trying to smush me!

Koga got a promotion in the three years since R/B/Y. In those, he was the Fuchsia City gym leader. On that note, whatever happened to Agatha and Lorelei?
Also, FWAHAHAHAHA!

Inami has quite the pose, is he like... running in place?

Guy claims battles are more than brute strength, pulls out a muscle pokemon and throws a planet at me.

Easy rock types~

So far so good, although I don't appreciate being poisoned by my opposition. Blargh to you.

Remember what I said about normal types? Well... I start off by being greedy after Kanga misses the first time but, Mega Punch is uhh...

Quite the terrifying move to face. Nease survived one but not two.

And Charmy takes one, living on 1 health. As a note, poison doesn't activate mid-turn if you take out your opponents pokemon. So Charmy survived the fight.

But with a Flareon still to fight and only two low hp mons remaining on my side, I dip into my items for the first time in a long time to not lose outright. And poor Vulpy gets KO'd during that turn.

Fortunately I was able to defeat Flareon with Chinchy after the fact.

I barely won that one.

Two Elite Four dudes down!

pholtos barely escapes another door trap and enters the room of boiling pasta sauce! Who could be behind such a terrible interior design choice?

Ah, given his decor, he must do 100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 squats and a 10 km run everyday.

These poor steel and grass type pokemon. They just can't do a thing to me.

Jin had the thunder bird with him. I'll use my legendary slayer to counter it.

and well... the remaining three all didn't really present too much of a threat. Sentret decided to be cheeky and use amnesia so I went fine and slapped him across the face instead.

Well I mean, you basically fought me with 4 dudes I essentially one-shotted and a legendary pokemon.

Nothing against you Bruno but uhh, you weren't really a challenge. I mean look at my health after the fight.

STAHP.

This person really wants to be entertained it seems. Don't you have a TV or something?

So as a note, that's three Yu Yu Hakusho characters in the Elite Four. So close.

We start off with easy to take out psychic type.

Next up is a Magby that annoyingly uses Sunny Day. Poor Horsea...

Another Weepinbell? What's up with these guys and using Weepinbell and Drowzee?

The Early Punch gets the Worm.

Aw crap. All right Legendary Slayer, we've got this.

Nicely done. :3

The Elite Four have been defeated. Only Lance remains...

Unlike the others, Lance is polite and waits til I'm far away before closing the stone wall.

I contest his claim as the most powerful trainer. I hardly beat that guy with the Kangaskhan a short while ago, there's no way you can top that.

Pfft. Hiya Cthulhu.

First mon is a Shuckle, I get an iron tail in and then...

It uses bide. So I throw balls at it.

Venonat survives way longer than it should have using para-hax strats.

Third mon is a Marowak. It only gets one hit in. So uhh... you uhh... gonna hit me with something strong next?

So uhh... about that "most powerful trainer" thing...

You uhh...

Whelp.

\o/

You truly lived up to your title, Mr. Champion.

I just hope I reach the point I don't get one shot by strong normal types. Oof.

Wait, how did she get here? Who told her?

All right, who told them I was coming here? Fess up.

Nooo! Not an interview! D:

Lance, realizing my discomfort, gets me outta here.

Muahahaha! >:D

So uhh... what do you even get as a "Champion" besides your name in this place? Do you like... get well known all over and stuff as a strong trainer?

...Stop being Cheeky with my, Oak.

After that, the credits roll, and cute mons do things on the top. Don't mind how awkward they look, they're in mid movement so they look sorta... split.

After the credits, it returns you to the title screen.

And we come back at our house in New Bark Town. Til next time everyone, we'll continue on, someplace.
Last edited by pholtos on September 23rd, 2017, 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » September 23rd, 2017, 12:22 am

I didn't know razor leaf dealt damage to its user.
ImageImage

Damned critical heals!
💙💙💙

pholtos

Postby pholtos » September 23rd, 2017, 8:14 pm

Session 23: Surging to Kanto

Welcome back, last time we defeated the Elite Four! Today we'll uhh...

Take one step and immediately get a phone call.

It seems Elm has something for us. Guess we'll see what's up, since we're literally 10 steps from his Lab.

Well this is a nice surprise! Looks like I have a destination after all. It's... in Olivine... All righty then.

Traveling to the Port requires us to take an underground tunnel... interesting.

Here we have two people. Yeah not much more to say about that.

One flash of a ticket later and off we go.

And immediately after getting in the boat it takes off. That was fortunate.

We immediately get run into by an old man. He gives us our McGuffin plot for the boat.

As you can see by this doofy rendition of the top floor, the boat isn't that large. Also, most of these rooms have nothing in them. It was wise of them to add a healing room, given that I'm sorta stuck on the boat.

Why are you asking me if I'm alone? That's sorta creepy.

Jolpy why are you asking me if I'm alone?

The grandfather's room is in the lower right door iirc. I guess he's resting now.

Sure, I've got nothing better to do.

You're weak. You'll notice the giant glaring flaw of this section of the game, the trainers are really underpowered, especially after having to do the Elite Four. This... doesn't really improve much for the remainder.

When did I say that, I'm a silent protagonist. All I can do is say "..."

When battles go this fast, it's hard to come up with anything particular to say for them.

Oh noes, a fire breather!

Jolpy stop changing professions just to fight me again. :P

That's all for the upper floor, time to check out the lower.

Where we are immediately blockaded from accessing anything by a dude who won't let me pass unless I find a guy. Back up I go...

He was in the room to the right of mine.

Naps are good. -w-

It's all your fault... what? That you napped?

I can't fault him there. I can't handle physical work myself.

After finding sir naps, I can now proceed past Mr. Blockade.

A guy who is seasick on a boat... where have I seen that before...

Ah yes, the captain of the S.S. Anne, from R/B/Y. I see he's taking a vacation and also taken up Juggling! Good for you.

Here ya go... what do you mean this looks like it's from R/B/Y? Of course it's not.

I dunno man, if I'm on break I'd be too tired to do anything, let alone battle... on that note, how energetic is the protagonist? He seems to be able to do crazy amounts of walking, battling and crime fighting without needing to rest that much. I can't believe I never thought about this before.

One dumb fight where I lose Bells to getting confused by confusion later...

Last trainer on the boat. She appeared to be staring through the porthole.

And she had a lone walking batch of tentacles, with eyes. Tangela is a creepy pokemon.

Heading up this flight leads to the captain's room, which is really really far away from the entrance. Which seems counter-productive in a way.

The Grandfather's McGuffin has been found. She was bothering the Captain the whole time.

For finding McGuffin, Grandfather gives me an item that increases steel type moves power by a little. It also lets Onix and Scyther evolve.

With the McGuffin found, the boat arrives in Vermilion. I went back to the Captain out of curiosity before leaving since I got transitioned to the Grandfather after talking to the McGuffin.

Oh darn, I can't immediately reboard the boat. I am saddened.

So both sides have a "Grass is Greener" type person on the docks.

Once again having to go underground to enter and exit a port.

To the right of the port exit we find a Snorlax blocking the way. Seems we can't go this way yet.

There were a few points of interest in Vermilion, like this fishing guy and these guys talking about the Magnet Train in Saffron. I'll have to check that out eventually.

...Oh no... he's in here...

This guy loves his Rapidash to an... interesting level. It's clearly platonic. I hope...

Well we're basically done here so let's go to the Gym. What the heck does a "Lightning American" mean. We're not fast at all, we're slow and fat.

Assisting guy who gives us advice creepily laughs as he talks about traps.

Opponents still having drastically underpowered mons, hurrah.

Yes.

Politoed knew Doubleslap, Hypnosis and Perish Song. Real doofy. Nease got double kicked.

You can't help it.

And so we reach Surge. 5 Pokemon. Camo outfit and sunglasses. Interesting apparel.

Mon one was an Ariados with Night Shade, which really does start to get insane at higher levels. 44 damage a shot is nothing to sneeze at. Porygon2 went down fairly easily afterwards.

Given how slash is slightly weaker than strength with the only advantage being a higher chance to crit, I figured it'd be smarter to get rid of it in favor of a move which does set damage on the rare chance I need that.

Grimer was the third mon, Minimize is an annoying move.

Last two mons were easily taken out via flamethrower.

What? I totally didn't forget to take a screenshot of the start of the conversation. You're silly.

With Vermilion out of the way, our only possible path choice is up.

These two are speaking my language.

Why do I get the feeling that I'm going to have to solve this Power Plant problem, just like I've had to solve every other problem a place faces?

Given that all other routes have been blocked, Saffron City it is.

Til next time everyone, we'll explore Saffron. Til then.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » September 24th, 2017, 2:02 am

What the heck does a "Lightning American" mean. We're not fast at all, we're slow and fat.

Speak for yourself. I'm much more agile than fast but I've only known a few people faster than me in my life.

How the heck does a pumpkin bald to begin with? They don't even have hair!
💙💙💙

pholtos

Postby pholtos » September 24th, 2017, 6:35 pm

Session 24: A Dash of Saffron

Welcome back. Last time we journeyed to Kanto and fought Surge. Today we'll explore Saffron City.

Our first stop is the Silph Company. In R/B/Y this was a major dungeon, so clearly this will be a large area to explore.

How anticlimactic. Ah well, we get an item I won't bother using in Up-Grade, which evolves Porygon into Porygon2 through some means. Probably trading.

Psychic is a pretty good move, I can't wait to teach one of my pokemon this. :D

Seems I'm going to have to check out this trainer house when I make it to Viridian.

GASP! I'M TALKING! No... no wait... that's the copycat. Oh man you fooled me there.

THEN WHY ARE YOU IN AN ALLEY?

Well I found the magnet train aaaand it's not working right now.

Once again reminded of the power plant, this time by Sir Snacks a lot.

We're basically done exploring Saffron at this point, so lets deal with the Gyms. Yes I said Gyms. Saffron has two.

The first Gym is really... empty. I wonder if I had come across the dojo master somewhere in Johto, my guess is no, given how they're talking about him now. A quick search reveals him to be in Mt. Mortar, which I didn't really investigate that much.

All righty then, second Gym time.

I dunno why but after the first encounter in Kanto with this guy I've become curious what he's gonna say. So here's his Saffron quote.

My snuggling is too strong.

At long last, I was able to replace water gun on Horsea. I can't wait to use it! :D

DUNSPARCE YOU JERK! It used Spite on me! D:

Lemme use that PP Up real quick...

It does pretty decent damage, even to a legendary with high special defense. Good stuff.

I wonder if in reality you could lose but still prove yourself worthy? I know a certain 10 year old in a terribad anime who did that quite a few times.

TOVA! That's... quite the outfit, Tova.

Confuse Ray and Fire Spin. Oy.

Charm, Sweet Kiss and Sing. Oy.

Well... that happened.

pholtos uses Whoops forgot a screenshot in the middle of a chat quickfix attack. It's not very effective.

I thought I already was a Champion. I'm a tad confused.

With Saffron done, let's head up.

Til next time, we'll explore Cerulean. Til then.

pholtos

Postby pholtos » September 25th, 2017, 6:57 pm

Session 25: Cerulean Power Hour

Welcome back. Last time we beat Sabrina in Saffron. Today we'll explore Cerulean.

I figure I might as well start with the gym, since it's right next door.

Umm... where is everyone? Spooky.

So if this place has moved to Johto and has been locked, why are there lights on? I suspect foul play!

This was so silly I had to include it.

...OK ALREADY. I'LL GO INVESTIGATE THE DUMB POWER PLANT. GEEZ.

But first, gossip about a Cape. It flutters in the wind and couples ride it as they profess their love for each other... what do you mean wrong Cape?

I'd just like to stop for a second and talk about how amazing the Diglett sprite is in this game. Just look at it.

Talking to this guy reveals an item's location. It's... what the heck is that?

Oh. So it's basically Swagger the item. Gotcha.

Found a protein along the route, naturally gave it to Nease.

Not much more of interest around Cerulean, so lets go take care of the stupid power plant.

Note to self, do not anger this guy.

Upon attempting to leave, a call comes in revealing the thief's location to be... where I just was. Naturally.

Heading into the Gym leads to... Wait aren't you...

This guy... I swear I've seen him before...

With that mysterious man out of the way, I recover the soaked machine part.

And for returning the completely covered in water machine part to the guy running the generator, I get zap cannon.

Apparently they didn't think about the whole water is wet thing when thinking up this plot for the game. Nothing bad happened despite the part being dropped into a pool.

So now randomly Misty is up here with some mysterious guy. Naturally, I must interfere with all hand holding, so I rush in, spooking away the guy. Misty is not happy.

And suddenly the Gym is full of people. What.

NOOOOOOPE. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Trainer one.

But... dude. I just... oh fine whatever.

JOLPY!

Trainer three.

Although I've typically given these Gym leaders a more thorough showing in these, Misty was... really easy. So yeah.

Misty clearly is only looking for a good time battling.

So after finishing up in Cerulean, I head back down to Saffron, given that the Train should now be working.

Unfortunately, you need a pass to ride it. Seems kinda exclusive wouldn't you say?

Returning to the Copycat's house, she tells us that she'll give us a pass using nods and shakings of the head, as well as plenty of "...".

Which we discover in Vermilion's Pokemon Fan Club.

The guy who found it was nice enough to return it.

And upon returning it, gives us a pass. We can now travel to Goldenrod whenever we would like.

And now a quick vote for you guys. Want me to head left to Celadon City, or right to Lavender Town? It's up to you.

Til next time guys.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » September 26th, 2017, 3:02 am

You should head up to the out of bounds area and crash the game.
💙💙💙

Speedless

Postby Speedless » September 26th, 2017, 9:14 am

Well, Misty herself had some Water-types, but overall, I guess this was secretly the Bug Gym.

As for direction... hmm. I'm leaning Lavender Town, particularly if you're planning to pay a visit to Silence Bridge.

pholtos wrote:I dunno man, if I'm on break I'd be too tired to do anything, let alone battle... on that note, how energetic is the protagonist? He seems to be able to do crazy amounts of walking, battling and crime fighting without needing to rest that much. I can't believe I never thought about this before.

Well, considering that he can run a lap around the main loop of Johto in probably just a couple hours, he must be a superhero with super speed. Or perhaps the Roadrunner. Or you could blame it on almost everything related to the passage of time being abstracted out, but isn't saying "meep meep" and running away from people a better idea?

What the heck does a "Lightning American" mean. We're not fast at all, we're slow and fat.

Lt. Surge evolved his Raichu too soon, tragically missing out on all of Pikachu's speed-based moves. This haste manifested in all parts of his life, and when the sign people dropped by to ask him what they should write, he simply rattled off the first thing that came into his head. And so it was that he was forever doomed to have a nickname that was just two things related to him mashed together. Truly the saddest of all stories.

pholtos

Postby pholtos » September 27th, 2017, 6:51 pm

Session 26: Wandering All Over

Welcome back. Last time we dealt with the Power Plant and beat Misty, as well as got the ability to use the Magnet Train. Today we'll...

Head towards Lavender Town and see how things go. (It won with a whole 2 votes, with Celadon getting 1.)

Things of interest on our way there, the guard tells us of a Radio Tower in Lavender Town, that town that used to have a large tower full of gravestones. Also, weird house.

Welcome to Lavender Town.

Now this is just depressing, what sort of monster would dare abandon cutes? D:

Hm... Name Rater... That's a fairly decent name.

ALL RIGHT ALREADY I'LL CHECK OUT THE STUPID RADIO TOWER.

Seems just like in Johto, unless something happens here I'll only get to explore this floor.

By talking to this specific guy after taking care of the Power Plant, we get a card for our thing whose name I forget at the time, I'm half asleep at the moment, give me a break. :P

It gives us access to a whole three Kanto stations, one of which just sounds like drunken rambling, one having music based on the day of the week and Poke Flute.

Don't be square is a phrase I don't really hear that often anymore.

Oh sorry, I guess the hero and savior of Johto's Radio Tower will just leave then.

Heading up from Lavender we reach... Nope.

*ehem* Heading down from Lavender we reach some sorta bridge, and a detour to the left which meets up with Vermilion City.

On our way there, Bells levels up and tries to learn his final move. Slam is an 80 power normal move with 75% accuracy. Nope.

Our reasoning for going this way was to deal with Mr. Snorlax over here. So let's have him move, shall we?

Raticate, please stop this hobby of yours of wearing Snorlax costumes to cause problems for the Village. Thank you.

By dealing with "Snorlax" we now have access to Diglett Cave. It leads to near Viridian City, which we'll deal with later on.

Continuing our journey down this route we come across a house. How mysterious.

And after a nonsensical amount of time in this game we get the best rod.

Found a couple good items on the way, gave them to whomever I thought needed them.

That's quite the outfit, Tova.

The threat of Electrode is with us always. Even here, far away from the Seas of Cianwood, an Electrode may swoop in at any time and blow up in your face.

So here's the route I took in a very crude and doofy looking manner. Many routes were traversed, and I even passed through Fuchsia, which I'll get to a bit later. Route 17 is a bicycle only route, and it has an annoying slope to it so it took forever to traverse.

Til next time everyone, we'll complete Celadon City. Til then.

Return to “LP Smackdown 20-0-10”