Let's text adventure through PKMN Y!

The fabled art of 'let's play' is nigh tangible here. Got an LP you're just itching to share? Or maybe you just want to make snarky comments about someone's bad playing? That kind of thing goes here!
Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario
Location: IDK I think it was like a pocket dimension or somethin

Re: Let's text adventure through PKMN Y!

Postby Lead Luigi » April 29th, 2015, 12:33 pm

Backups, what are they
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 29th, 2015, 3:01 pm

SWĀ

Episode 4: the "image resizer destroyed everything" episode

It's probably going to be kinda short.

So...

After yesterday's tragedy I took the survivors - Hookah, Marushka, Dunsdottir, and Tirili off to explore route 4. I checked my party to make sure I boxed Lux and ran over the counter to top off on my supplies, buying some crazy amount of potions. I wanted to show off that "left counter guy", the one who sells adventure items, allowed me access to more items - most of the disposable items to cure status conditions, super potions (iirc) and great balls. But I didn't actually have a whole lot of money...

I arrived to a path that seemed less like a "route" and more like some rich person's backyard. Between Santalune and our destination today, Lumiose, there were a pair of hedge mazes cut by a giant fountain.

NOT MY PICTURE

A trick I learned from Naka Teleeli of all people and somehow never learned on my own is an old trick to find your way through any labyrinth. Just pick a wall and follow it, and if you come to where you've already been, hop to the other, or something like that. So, broadly, I'd start by making my way into the hedge maze on the left, then the right, then passed the fountain etc, cleaning up all the items I could.

Immediately I got our encounter: a level 6 quiet (+Sp Atk - Speed) male combee. Not the best thing, but something to make work.

Combee has an I think unique evolutionary pattern - based on bees, 7/8ths are males, but the 1/8 of all combees which are female evolve to vespiqueen. And vespiqueen's actually not bad, but combee is pretty much low tier. Not that I really know what I'm doing.

It was caught after eating a few balls - no use in wasting an encounter even if it ends up being lackluster. It will likely only know four moves in the entire time we have it though - it doesn't learn much. Although, one of its moves - sweet scent - can do wonders for training later on. He also came with a pot of honey, not that I found out right away, but that's a rare thing and something good for later.

Anyways I had to choose a name for him. Bug fell under Alice's themes again, so I went looking for a bee-like character. Found nothing, but at one point Alice did mistake a gaggle of elephants for bees, so I named him after a famous elephant, specifically Charlemagne's - Abulabbaz (sic).

With him in our party I journeyed onward using some minor switch training accidentally on some of the gardeners tending to the maze. Hookah took down a Corphish at level 10, Marushkagot most of the exp.

Ended up finding a few items in the bushes - a repel, a great ball, and even an antidote. Nothing too fancy.

Started heading northward where I fought a pair of skaters orbiting around the fountain.

not mine!

One had the awesome name Calida who had a Flechling, and was looking for other Fletchlings despite them not being available on the route. The other was a guy named Roland who had a pidgey. For both of them Dunsdottir and her rollout took care of them quick.

Farther down the route the mazes were forked by a little hedge in the middle. I took on left first, which had another gardener I took care of with Hookah's stun spore + struggle bug combo. A little girl surprized me with "Hey! Listen!" but it turns out her name was Mia, and her Budew was taken care of promptly. Inside the maze - a nest ball, something more effective on bug and water pokémon than others.

Across the way was a little kid with something "super" he got via trade. I had by this time moved Marushka in the back and let Abulabbaz take the lead, and it kinda got me worried - I was already using potions up. Turns out the poor kid had a magikarp, something I let Abulabbas take out all on his own since it only knew splash (a move that does nothing).

Imagine a world where you send your kids out with their pets and they have the authority to trade them for anything. Scary right? This poor kid evidently did that, trading away his family pet for worthless quickly dying fish :( He attributed his loss to Magikarp not knowing him yet...

Went on, picking up some honey, potions, and some other things. Ended up facing off against more gardners and a few pokéfans with nothing memorable, but now I was a little more stressed and starting using more potions. I still have more than 5 but I guess Lux traumatized me or something.

Went up through the middle at last, picking up a poison barb and rollouting through a Pichu and Pikachu. Would've healed again, but we were at the end of the route.

Greeting me were China Sina and Dexio, whatever the hell those names were supposed to be. They tell us about the "newly discovered" fairy types, and how Sycamore sent them to investigate. And how it "turned the type matchup system upside down" or something, the game was talking about its own meta and it made uncomfortable...

The ushered me into a gate - there's a lot of transition gates between routes to make loading zones easier on the game. Inside, they pretended like Abulabbaz knew me and handed me a tm for a move he can't learn - Return. Return's actually pretty good though, arguably one of the best normal type moves, so its not unappreciated. It's power is set by the pokémon's friendship value /2.5; and since nuzlockes don't make it easy to lose friendship points (since things don't faint), this will be pretty powerful, at least later on.

Finally, in Lumiose, the Paris of the Pokémon world, I was flooded with a whole bunch of things. The Camera controls changed entirely, as you control your character in the sort of 3d you'd expect in a zelda. But It's actually quite painfully bad; there's no good way to make the camera behave, and because you're forced to a grid in radial city it's easy to get very disoriented right away. Everyone's least favorite city, I think. And for whatever reason even though all the lights are on and you can clearly see that they are, there's apparently a major power outage in most of the city that prevents you from exploring really any of it.

Anyways, Sinister and Dexter told me to follow her right to the pokémon lab. I however just wanted to check out the pokémon center. There are cafes along the boulevard, and other things, but I didn't really check them out. I'm not really sure about whether there's even a boutique for me to visit in the next episode; if you want to pick 1-5 that's fine, but no guarantees it will actually do anything.

The Pokémon centers look identical to cafés for some reason, but eventually I found one and healed up. The mart attached too it sold a lot of really cool items - all tms. But, unfortunately, it was much too expensive for me to buy right now.

I headed south, finding Sina standing out in front of the lab, where she ushered me in. Sycamore's apparently on the 3rd floor, which really confused me at first. Basically, in Europe, including the UK from what I understand, they count ground floors like floor 0s instead of floor 1s. So when I first played the game, Sycamore was on the second floor, two up from the ground floor. Yeah, this is a weird thing that also gets confusing playing zeldas... Bottom floor had not much more than Sina, a receptionist, and a weird elevator that was all pod shaped.

Anyways, middle floor was full of scientists, one had a mysterious machine he was working on; most just talked, one rated my pokémon dex. The music was interrupted to congratulate me on finding 150 pokémon... oh... and the assistant gave me a tm containing false swipe to use.

Which is conflicting. False swipe is this awesome move that is guaranteed (for the most part) to always leave your opponent's hp at at least 1. It doesn't have a lot of competitive applications but it makes catching things a snag, and really pleasant. I'm not sure I can justify a whole moveslot just for route by route encounters but its something I may consider.

Up on the third floor and the music changes to the most awesome thing in the game : Sycamore's Theme
that's like, music I would actually listen to oy

And Mr. Inexplicably awesome just meets us and congratulates us and everything, asking to know how many pokémon we've seen, then it interrupts his amazing theme with a horrible fanfare and he talks about how excellent it is that he actually decided to ask the daughter of the "famous rhyhorn racer" instead of just hrabel garble the rising sun just moved in my eyes

instead of just the kid of the experienced trainer, who I can't tell if they're Shauna or Calem.

Anyways, los bozitos superiores arrive (Shauna and Calem) and Sycamore tells us to hurry and fight, assuring us he's a pushover even though his whole team's at level 10. So we do.

First up, a bulbasaur. I'm like... no one else ever in that bulbasaur is my favorite gen I starter. He went down to Tirili.

Next up, Charmander, my second favorite gen I starter. He went down to Marushka and her new supereffective water move, bubble beam.

Lastly, Squirtle, my least favorite gen I starter. He went down to Hookah iirc, bug being the closest thing to a grass type move I have.

He gave us $11.78, and then while the bozitos were fidgiting around and trying to figure things out, he gave me first pick among the starters. My id set me up to pick Squirtle, so I did. On my first playthough, naturally I picked bulbasaur because I'm a nerd, and was kinda hoping for a repeat like my repeat with Lux. Alas, not meant to be. That's fine. I'm kinda glad though that I got squirtle - even without Lux, I have a lot of potential fire types in my future, including the later evolutionary stages of a certain Tirili. It's a little redundancy with Marushka though, but that's fine, Marushka sort of fills a different niche in the wide and diverse Water type.

He's brave (+ATK -SPEED) . And even though he's not my favorite kanto pokémon, I'm actually looking forward to using him. One of my favorite playthroughs through firered involved me picking my team out ahead of time (this is actually a really fun way to play I think), so I traded in for myself all three kantoids and got to work catching all the pokémon in firered with that team, and the Blastoise was an instrumental special attacker in the team, not to mention surfer. Anyways

Los bozitos inferiores arrived right after Calem and Shauna apparently picked theirs, and Sycamore told us to go east to see things and "be the best trainers we can be, whatever that means to us"... so, you know, a dancer for Tierno, a dexer for Tomato, idk the other too. In the German version I remember Tomato complaining about not getting starters like Calem, Shauna, and me, but he didn't say as such.

On the way out, there was this tall guy with red...vegeta hair but there's two of them, this guy: Image

He's not half as grumpy in our meeting though, and he just creeps on us positively by going on about how good it is that we're undertaking this deed for the professor and how it's beautiful and the world needs beauty and he's going to do it. Sina just kinda is like "lol ok whatever you mean by that" because she's nonplussed and used to it or something.

He leaves, she leaves, everyone follows us out and scatters about. Calem wants to meet us in the cafe to tell us something... ou la la

But, sadly, you're going to have to wait and find out what dear feelings he wants to confess to us next time. I just ran to the PKMN center, healed, and saved.

Abulabbaz and Kalle are level 10. Tirili, Hookah, and Dunsdottir are level 13. Marushka's level 14.

Abu knows sweet scent and gust, and has honey gather (basically, he'll randomly get a pot of honey in his item slot). Marushka knows bubblebeam, Charm, Water Sport, and Bubble, Tirili knows Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, and Peck, Dunsdottir knows Pursuit, Screech, Rollout, and Spite, Hookah knows Tackle, Struggle Bug, Stun Spore, and Protect, and finally Kalle with torrent (Lux's ability but for water) has tackle, tail whip, water gun, and withdraw.

unrelated

also lead screw off I had space issues on my phone and couldn't really do back ups with the resizer
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 30th, 2015, 4:19 am

Oh wow, too bad you didn't get Bulbasaur...I look forward to you getting to the Elite Four and not finding a single Pokemon to name for me :tsad2:...

Also, I remember getting lucky with Combee and finding a female one immediately, before I even knew the deal with Combee's sex (mmm...sex :theart:...). Naturally I caught her, without even noting her sex, and later I tried to find another one so I could evolve her into Vespiqueen, not realizing for some time that I already had a female one :tbiggrin:!
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 9th, 2015, 10:37 pm

3 hours just went down the drain - not because I lost the images again, but because X decided to take a shit and died. I lost the text I typed up here. God fucking dammit
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 9th, 2015, 10:41 pm

I did nothing much though, here's a link to the gallery. I'm sorry I'm not sure if I'll be getting back to episode 5

http://imgur.com/a/Nw1tZ

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » May 9th, 2015, 11:50 pm

Okay maybe you should just try to emulate a GBA game instead? Less things that can go wrong maybe?? Or am I misinterpreting 'X decided to take a shit and died' as 'my X cartridge no longer functions' ?
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 10th, 2015, 12:27 am

Isocitration wrote:Okay maybe you should just try to emulate a GBA game instead? Less things that can go wrong maybe?? Or am I misinterpreting 'X decided to take a shit and died' as 'my X cartridge no longer functions' ?

X means the x server. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_System

Basically, there's stuff going on at the "console" level which is the black window with text and whatnot. X is the thing that renders images and the desktop and other gui stuff and makes the mouse usable. Thing is browsers go through it; for firefox or w/e to render a webpage, it needs to talk to x to tell it what to draw to the screen. If X crashes, firefox crashes, and although firefox is usually good at remember the crap you typed into a text box this one time it didn't.

Back in the day windows was basically dos with a program like x running - the program was windows. Eventually they forked everything underneath and the OS became known as windows as well.

But thing is X doesn't die unless something bad happens. Seriously - this is the first time I've ever had it die on me, in my life. Maybe I should also mention that X is what Mac OSx uses to render its windows

In my case I'm pretty sure it's because my videocard is almost dead. At least I think it overheated. It's not Y's fault. It's I spent 3 hours typing something into the "make a new post" window because it's a lot easier to add formatting as you go and then so on.

I need a new computer pretty much.

<tovakj> yes

chridd

Postby chridd » May 10th, 2015, 3:02 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:Maybe I should also mention that X is what Mac OSx uses to render its windows
[off-topic]No it isn't. Mac OS X uses its own thing, which is specific to OS X. Mac OS X can run applications that use X, but it needs a separate application to run them, and they don't quite behave like normal applications (e.g., the application name is shown as X11, rather than the actual application's name):Image [/off-topic]

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 10th, 2015, 3:05 am

You're right. Guess how often I have access to macs?

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » May 10th, 2015, 3:33 am

Yeah me dumb, me not remember you play Y even when it's in title

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 10th, 2015, 3:51 am

Isocitration wrote:Yeah me dumb, me not remember you play Y even when it's in title

no, I'm the dumb one typing it all into my browser window

<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 10th, 2015, 9:21 pm

I'm going to try again later instead of letting this defeat me. In the mean time I'm wondering if my bitching should just be deleted or what

note how this is feeling like banjo for me woo

<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 11th, 2015, 7:06 am

Alright!

Trying this again!

I really don't want to let this beat me. After last episode, I owe it to all of you too! And I gotta set some sort of example! And German Calem didn't die for no reason!

So, working with like seven picture backups and LibreOffice from now on!

First off, link to the archive: http://imgur.com/a/Nw1tZ

In this way, I might not do that thing I do where I copypasta the archive link into an image again.

Also - this episode's mostly going to be exploring Lumiose city. So if you find that boring, you actually should skip it.
First of all, recaps!

Two episodes ago, I beat the leader of the first gym, and explored east where Lux died :(

After receiving the experience share, I moved northward, through this route, catching a combee I named Abulabbaz. Onwards, I entered Lumiose, where I was led to Professor Sycamore's lab, where I obtained Kalle, a squirtle, by besting him.

For the sake of things, I'm gonna link this map of Lumiose so you have an idea of where I am:

There was a glitch in 1.0 where the game would crash if you saved here - don't worry now though, the glitch is gone via updates. It's just there aren't a whole lot of good maps of Lumiose. The area we came from is the road on the southeast, and I'll be doing the follow the walls thing out of the pkmn center west to nearly the route 13 gate before going around, up the green street, and out the route 5 gate.

So here we are, in the Lumiose City Pokémon Center (the southernmost of the three, sorry for the spoiler).

Our current team! Abulabbaz the combee (10), Marushka the Azurill (14), Tirili the Fletchling (13), Dunsdottir the dunsparce (13), Hookah the Vivillon(13), and Kalle the squirtle (10).

Abulabbaz is knows Sweet Scent, a move that can attract large numbers of pokémon in the wild, and Gust, a flying move that does a fair amount of damage.

Kalle's image ended up much too blurred to use - he knows tackle (basic attack), tail whip (lowers opponent's defense), water gun (basic water attack), and withdraw (defense boost iirc)

Here's something I wanted to describe last video that I still can't quite convey - Lumiose uses its own camera, and it's kind of bad.

Basically the camera has two modes: walking and skating walking.

Walking controls by using the forward or backwards to move, and left and right to steer the camera. The game confines you to a grid, however, and Lumiose is radial, so no matter what you want to do nothing in Lumiose is really ever in front of you, making it uncomfortable to use.

Skating causes the camera to spazz out to pull back, and then it seems to avoid making sudden movements after that, even though with skating you need a lot more wiggling. Since it's a confined space compared to a lot of the game, the camera is never where you want it to be, and there's no way to snap it behind you.

My rant was originally a little more colorful - oh well. But I really liked the attempt at something new even if I didn't like the execution. Pretty much my conclusion is I'd like pokémon to do more places like this, but with Zelda's camera system, or maybe a hybrid of zelda's system and a “2d” mode. like this game uses everywhere else. course I think then there's some perspective issues but whatever.

So Lumiose has a large number of cafés. They actually don't mean a whole lot - they're the houses of the big city pretty much, the places you can go to randomly bother people and get things.

We're on like Vernal Avenue or something now. You can't really tell from the sign, but that's a shirt. Meaning, this place has clothes to buy. Since NOBODY VOTED I'll just... um...

get called a loser in the most polite way possible

Yeah, so Lumiose has this thing called “Style”. This was another Lumiose thing not well executed - you get style by doing random things around the city like buying rocks or riding goats. It sounds like it's related to what you're wearing, but it really isn't.

Like next door was this café, full of “people who are shy but still extroverted enough to talk to people” or something weird like that. This girl then gives us this advice to console us or something and honestly it comes off like putting us down right after the shop experience.

Originally I wrote a tova rant about fashion too. I kinda agreed with the NPC, in that almost everyone but the severely morbidly obese can look good with the right clothes and hair, but then I argued that whoever you are you shouldn't really try for “fashionable” as much as “elegantly pragmatic”. If you try to follow trends or whatnot you end up peacocking, which attracts all kinds of attention. If you have the strength to pull it off (and ideally the stories and experiences to go with it) by all means, but if you don't, well, you're going to tire yourself.

I mixed that all up with references to the rainbow haired she twinks of tumblr and body positivism crowd while making fun of myself for wearing all faded black with holes in it and a chain. Maybe the gods were angry at me and killed X from afar, idk.

ANYWAYS this is something I learned in the same place that I missed on my original playthrough. The different boutiques throughout the region specialize in different items of clothes. Lumiose specializes in fancy clothes (so suits and stuff I guess?) while Santalune specializes in hats.

I kinda figured it out but I think I missed this entire café.

A little blurry, but I wanted to show off how ridiculous the knee-high bush of this game is. This construction guy stops you if you try to go off map due to a power outage in the rest of Paris, but look

those two are farther back than you can get. He's discriminating, specifically against us.

Fiseur Furfrou

Basically, this game has a gimmickmon, kinda filling the region of chatot or something. Basically, there's a poodle pokémon, and you can get its fur styled here. It wears off after so much time or if you put it in a box, making it pretty much a waste of cash though. No effects on battles other than looks.

Stepped into an alt-med shop. In the original draft I went through a Tova rant about the evils of alternate medicine here, but I also commented that because of the red, the mingyness of the vases, the golden angular patterns, etc, I reasoned that this place practices Chinese medicine, as opposed to French traditional medicine (which tends to be a mix of aristotlean and crystal hippy 5th dimensional lemurian yoga instructor stuff). Paris has enough of a cosmopolitan outlook I'd believe it, and I'd believe that French tourguides (since Kalos was modeled after gamefreak took a trip to Paris) would recognize the Chinese place before a crystal emporium or whatever as a place to go to experience pain relief.

maybe its cuz it knows it doesn't work

yeah, politics in an lp? from atheisto skeptico jerkbutt tova? yup

Anyways, this was programmed, so the herbal crap actually does what it's advertised to do in this game.

They're cheaper versions of full heals revives etc you can get early. So that's about $3.76 or 3.30€ for a full heal, normally $5.01/€4.47, or zombie powder for $23.38/€20.87. A proper revive is actually cheaper not that we'll be using it *twitch*

Also bringing up - return has a sister move known as frustration. Just as the base atk of return is based on how friendly a pokémon is to you, frustration is based on how unfriendly it is. Basically frustration is (255-friendship)/2.5, compared to return's friendship/2.5.

But the games are such that it's almost impossible to maintain frustration. Return is much easier, because simply walking around boosts friendship. About the only reliable way to maintain frustration, is by feeding the pokémon in question copious amounts of these damn herbs

Next door, this creepy old guy knows about us and offers us a stone for our Venusaur (??? except the weird thing I did in episode 2)

For the price of $8348.67/€7451.85

If we ever have someone to evolve by bludgeoning with a rock, we could come back and by these magical rocks for $17.53/€15.65

woo

Hmm? A meal for $25.05/€22.36? That like... 5 times the price I paid for an amazing lychee curry this afternoon, but considering Roza hasn't eaten since April the 22nd, why not? (note: I scienced here)

Owner dude leads you to a table, sits you down, then the cook himself comes out with this salad hidden in a thing because you do that to salads apparently

And inside the salad, elemental monkeys!

Actually what happens is they bring you your food, challenge you to a fight, and the gimmick is if you beat them at the right time (2 turns) you get... something? You get style no matter what, I forget what happens if you win on the right turn.

Tirili and Marushka took care of them without any problem.

Next course was soup. I wanted to make a joke about adding ketchup to soup but I already knew better. Have any of you ever had Phơ? Phơ is fucking delicious yo, add that basil

Procedure was the same, fight now, eat later. This time one of the monkeys switched with Sodamak (the blue one, forget the English name) and we failed to beat them in 3 turns because of a lack of super effective moves

And for dessert

fish? um... Ok.

Same procedure. Sodamak was back and the one we had fought twice switched with the one we didn't. Failed again because of Soda being a water type but who cares.

Tirili and Marushka were both level 15 by now. No need for that Science.

For all our hard work, got a bunch of mushrooms. This is perfectly logical for a conclusion by an (apparently really bad one star restaurant's) $25 meal.

Amen brothers, or something

You know this is actually pretty common where I'm from, friends eat together or professionals do, and no one wears suits or anything so this isn't weird at all. I'm wondering if it's something gamefreak noticed in France, or if it's a Japanese thing (but in Japan business colleges eat out/go drinking in large groups usually), or what. Maybe it's just that teenaged unease amidst social upheaval manifest for an audience that hasn't quite understood how pathetic it is to worry about that kind of thing in our short lives. Maybe tova is a pretentious cynical bitch, who knows?

“If you waste food, isn't it way too “mottainai”? That's what we say where I'm from in Kanto!”

kanto foncirmed

in japan

This, by the way, is Sinia, the assistant who ushered us to meet

This magnificent bastard, who gave use Kalle

Here's Shauna, telling us about this thing where we can record ourselves as an intro for online things.

If you want to view it, you can! You can register my 3ds friendcode and tell me when to idle and you'll get Roza's data if you're online with your own 7th gen games at that time.

My code, by the way, is 1676 3907 6932

you also get my real life name but whatever

Guy what shoots the intros can shoot it how we want or gives us one of three directions for him to improvise over. I don't even remember which one I chose but I chose again. I think I ran with elegant because cute did that puppy turn the neck 90° thing that's really telegraphed and fake and just I'm sorry

In the back the weird headed rocker girl gives us a box full of contact lenses (because???) that let us change eye color. We're naturally blue but I ran with brown. It's a real color but it makes us part of an extremely rare phenotype and identical to a certain ordinary magician

This lady what gived the gaft

Down and to the left is a makeup room that gives free makeovers to trainers making shoots and like

I'm already way in over my head. I thought mascara and eyeliner were the same thing but apparently mascara is eyelashes? Like it means mask, shouldn't it be masking something???

I played around with things but basically I didn't like any of the makeup because it looks weird on her. Except eyeliner, because that actually has health effects (like keeping bugs out of eyes; at least that's why the Egyptians wore the lead/coal stuff regardless of sex) that would be useful for traveling the world outside in light and night and heat and cold.

yeah also I'm that guy who thinks no makeup is better looking

Ran with purple. Woulda gone for black, but no black. Blue's silly but close, purple has a natural tint anyways.

Anyways all purdied up we went on our date with el bozito rey

Where we see this guy creeping about beauty to this pop star. I swear I don't remember him being this creepy in German, but, like, language barriers - he probably was. I find that schön, however, is used so much in German that it doesn't have the creepy umph “beautiful” does in English. For me at least, a beautiful day is something you see painted in old timey impressionistic Victorian paintings from England, whereas “ein schöner Tag” is just sunny, or a greeting (in the accusative - schönen Tag! - it's basically “good day!”). Flordelis (Lysandre's German name) sounded to me less like he's wanting everything to be creepy dollified as much as tapping into a 'linguistic pseudophiloshy' that everyone and their Oma subconsciously already knows; kinda like Old Man and the Sea where Hemingway talks about how the Cubans played with the gender of the word “mar” to personify it in different ways.

Diantha or whatever her name is is the least believable starlet ever, who tells us it's boring not to age and become less beautiful. It'd work better if she only spoke about typecasting which she did before the getting old rant.

He can't stand it yo

You know they're building this guy up as a creep. I wonder if there's something to him, like maybe he's champion or something

So here we are with Diantha talking about something that's almost a given in the universe. But you know maybe there's something to her considering how much they did to establish this goofy looking character? Maybe she's the villain? gonna age us all up and make us star in her plays or something silly

Anyways, Calem went through all that effort of arranging for the other bozitos to direct us here because he wanted to speak to us in private. It was now that gave us his confession of his undying love

getting stronger. Yep. He just challenged us to see who could become stronger in the long term. That's it. Not even worth pictures.

This guy a cafe or two over just... asks us this. No other information, it's perfect. He's creeping the fuck on to a 10 year old, perfect dude. If we pick long he praises us for liking what we like and if we pick short he praises us for having classy tastes, like wtf

Actually the café is Café shutterbug, he's talking about lenses. This doesn't make it any less creepy or any less that GameFreak knew what the fuck they were doing, oy

More jargon and linguo I can't parse, imagine Roza just nodding slowly

She's talking about the warmth of life and whatever

Hey, Swampert's plenty warm! He might be mountainous fresh water life, but he's from freaking Mexico, they think 80°F is cold! Just because he isn't Magcargo...

You know what, yeah, go hug a magcargo! that's gotta be the regional “cao ni ma”, right?

oh you don't even know the battles i fight, zhenya...
this godforsaken world you live in so comfortably is populated with the headless and the heartless and the crying
where happiness is genetic

where meaning is stolen
where you have to kill to survive

where desire eats the mind

I mean, hi there everyone, me Tova playing banjo and lysandre apparently

Got the quick Claw! this is a neat item. Basically random chance to be boosted a priority bracket. Could save lives.

Hopefully, with Marriland's passing, he didn't somehow pass the curse down to his subscribers - it's said that whatever pokémon Marriland gave a quick claw to was destined to perish...

These two gave us Timer balls - which get more effective the longer a battle goes on - and quick balls - which are like 5 times more effective on the first turn of a battle. Probably to get us to leave them alone.

(about here was when the browser crashed - I redid all of that above :( )

At this point we finally, finally did all that we can do in Lumiose! We step forward now, on to route 5!

'Cept danzo calls us to show us his moves with holograms because pokémon's technology is weird. Also Lysandre made the holotech.

Tierno basically called to tell us to go to where we were already going.

On our way out to route 5 we get stopped by this guy, who... um...

ummm....

UMMMMMM!!!!!!

Oh hey, a Lucario. That'd be a nice encounter, if this wasn't forced

Also, he's owned by someone, and not an encounter

And apparently he wants away from her and her other Lucario. Well, this is expressed after she says he likes us.

And... She's the person what owns him.

It'll be a while though, until we encounter them. So for now... Route 5!

Next time!!!

<tovakj> yes

Speedless

Postby Speedless » May 11th, 2015, 4:55 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:They're cheaper versions of full heals revives etc you can get early. So that's about $3.76 or 3.30€ for a full heal, normally $5.01/€4.47, or zombie powder for $23.38/€20.87. A proper revive is actually cheaper not that we'll be using it *twitch*

Doesn't a Revival Herb actually do the same thing as a Max Revive? That's why it's more expensive, and since you can't buy Max Revives and only start getting them from Pickup at level 71, Revival Herbs are at least a little interesting.

Also, don't Pokemon with Special Defense-boosting natures actually like bitter things? (That probably doesn't affect their reaction to bitter medicine, of course... I guess the Pokemon world's herbal medicine is a kind of bitter that doesn't even taste good to those Pokemon.)

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:You know they're building this guy up as a creep. I wonder if there's something to him, like maybe he's champion or something

Well, there have been three other Champions with crazy warm-colored hair before (Blue, Lance, and Alder), so I guess there's a precedent.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:So here we are with Diantha talking about something that's almost a given in the universe. But you know maybe there's something to her considering how much they did to establish this goofy looking character? Maybe she's the villain? gonna age us all up and make us star in her plays or something silly

Well, Pokemon villains do have a tendency to be at least sort of stylish (especially when you compare the leader of an evil team to its grunts), and their objectives do tend to be pretty off-the-wall, so I guess there's a precedent.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:These two gave us Timer balls - which get more effective the longer a battle goes on - and quick balls - which are like 5 times more effective on the first turn of a battle. Probably to get us to leave them alone.

I had no idea how useful Quick Balls were until literally just a day or two ago, when I found out they automatically catch any Pokemon with a catch rate of 160 or higher when you use them properly. Between Quick Balls for easy catches and Timer Balls for long battles, it seems like the game really wants to help you cover all the bases.

And so it's time for fashion votes, then? I guess I'll go with 4.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 11th, 2015, 7:23 pm

Note actually we might not reach an actual town with a boutique for a while

However

4 is counted for then

<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 13th, 2015, 6:43 am

Alright! Let's get the boat rowin so we can forget the stupid little defeatist mindset thingy

Head hurts as I'm writing this, oh boy!

exclamation markki!

Full gallery link - spoilers beware! http://imgur.com/a/yj2Kx

Last Episode - We finally made it out of Lumiose and onto Route 5!

This is the route we're going to be exploring.

As you can see, we immediately are introduced to a skate park - Kalos has a couple of these dotting its landscape, for some reason.

It introduces us to grinding - oh boy we're playing sanic

By going fayest™ we get to hop on the rail and follow it automatically. The game likes to "hide" items and things this way. This super potion ought to come in handy

And! Our encounter!

This is a bunnelby, a rabbit pokémon. Its themes are digging, but I forgot it's actually a normal type. It can, however, evolve into something ground typed

Which is Lead's name dominion. His theme was something like "Metal+Mario Character". Off the top of my head I actually couldn't remember a Mario character that was rabbit based...

till I remembered sm64 at least. Turns out the rabbit's name is MIPS http://www.mariowiki.com/MIPS
The rabbit was named after a microprocessor in the n64, making this joke kinda weird. Metal sounded lazy though, so I went with... well, did you know Manganese, Magnesium, and Magnetite all have 9 letters? So I went with a feminised form of Magnesium - Magnesia MIPS.

I don't know maybe I'm bad at names.

For the first time, we caught a pokémon with a full party! It goes into the PC this way

Moving on, I got caught in a double battle with these too

Did it ever occur to anyone how terrible my team is with electricity?

It actually ended up being a pretty bad battle. I think I even used a potion, but off the top of my head I don't actually remember. Ran back to Lumiose to heal.

Los bozitos minores were atop the hill, ready to greet us. Tierno of course went on and on about dancing and the move swords dance, while Tomato seemed to be annoyed by it all and went on about "horde battles" (more on that in a bit)

Then without any warning, Tierno challenges us. With just a corphish. Hookah took it out no problem.

I had blur problems for the next few images - Tierno's defeat message was something like "that's some fancy footwork!". Tomato gets on him some more for having a one-track mind and gives us some honey.

Honey it turns out triggers horde battles - the sweet scent draws many pokémon from around the field.

5, specifically. Horde battles are wild encounters against 5 lower-than-average leveled targets. It's a decent way to build up experience if you need too, but unfortunately it comes with a lot of lag...

There's a higher chance of some special things occurring - usually the odd one out, usually only noticeable by the pokémon being the opposite gender of the other 4, has a rare ability or something. Sometimes you can get pokémon of a different but related species (like taurus and miltank), and even some rival specials (zangoose and seviper (a mongoose and a snake)) with the gimmick being the other 4 will attack the odd rival instead of yours. You have to tank up to 5 hits from your opponent for whomever you sent out, though. There's also a false rumour that you're more likely to encounter a shiny this way (truth is, you're just rolling the dice 5 times), but lord help you if you get a shiny seviper amongst 4 zangoose - whenever there's multiple wild pokémon, you need to defeat all but 1 before you can capture any of them.

Tirili had a little trouble against them - I needed to use a potion or two, and didn't really think anyone could switch in to the gulpin at that moment, I forget why. They kept getting crits which was scary, too - like 2 out of every 5 moves was crit. But he eventually overcame them, and he learned flail in the middle of it; a move that gets stronger the fewer hp he has. While on average it's weaker than tackle, I figured it could come in handy during a pinch and since I use peck and quick attack mainly anyways I decided to teach it over tackle.

Onwards, I talked to this guy who had epic music playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA9mBiXXsh8
while complaining about being sleepy and stuff

His Alakazam was [b]scary[/s]. It was knocking out over half the hp on everyone. It was nice and used agility when Hookah used stun spore, however, giving me some flexibility as it moved. Thankfully, Struggle Bug is super effective. But ran back to Lumiose after this one.

Found another super potion! That's good, since Hookah used one up. Still, spent almost all my money on potions and super potions back in town.

The route goes up hill at one point, which even skating Roza had no trouble with. She didn't even slow down... It's really difficult capturing movement like this though, nothing was recoverable.

Instead, I went to the far back, and back down from that on a secret path... where I found a tree.

This is how berries are handled this game - trees never die, are always fruited, but for some reason you can only pick a fruit if it's already fallen to the ground. I guess that's not a big problem in this universe, eating what's fallen?

Back on the route, there's a path leading north with two traffic cones, around which a pair of skaters skate. Winnie had something and a skiddo, the kid to gogoat's goat, but everything was take care of pretty easily. I had to switch from Kalle to Tirili, but that was fine since I was trying to switch train anyways

Florin had a doduo that was knocked out pretty quick as Dunsdottir switched in for Kalle. Stole like $3 worth of lunch money

The rails you grind occasionally have these dents. Basically, unless you gofayest you fall down go boom. As you can see, it dumps us in a field full of flowers, which have their own encounters. No fun, especially when like every two steps you get a horde encounter.

I actually failed this like 4 times

The pole lead to a yellow-topped item, containing a tm - hone claws

It's not a bad move, not that it matters...

Fought a few trainers, nothing special. Even encountered a pancham, which is an oddly charismatic pokémon from this gen. Looks like a panda http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... 3%A9mon%29

Regardless, kept pressing forward. At one point there's a field of flowers and the secret to its item is just running about through the encounters. Trivial if you can run, which I did, but Kalle ended up having to tank a grass move by a jerk skiddo

Kept going, beat a back packer using Hookah's 1-2.

Oh, here's shorts guy

I hear from trustworthy sources that skirts feel more liberating though

Then again she was born a he and this was something I heard when she was still known as a he, so maybe liberating meant something else

Seems odd we don't have cut yet... but whatever I guess... There's also a second one right below this.

And, with that, we finally made it to Camphrier -

huh?

This thing dialed us just to tell us it was made by Lysandre... ok

I ended up and went ahead and explored Camphrier as well. We only used about half our session time and I wanted to keep playing.

Camphrier town is structured like a fort. There's a castle, which the game wants us to call a chateau (which is just French for castle) and a bunch of little manors.

It's apparently named for a Campor tree. The German name for this city, which I keep wanting to call it, is Vanitéa, named after http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanitas which is just neat. A city in a pokémon game dedicated to remind you life is short so attachment to material things is worthless vanity.

My first step was to heal

This guy! This guy lets us change pokémon names. Don't like one of mine? Go a head and suggest something better! Like maybe dunsdottir is better as something akkadian or something, or MIPS is a terrible name. I don't know. Probably wouldn't do so unless multiple people wanted it though.

It's a small town though, only one shop keep

Now everyone who greets us wants to give us something. It's a small town so they're generous to tourists, they want our money.

The motto by the way. Also I should mention there's no boutique, so we'll not be changing for quite a little while. Still at 4.

Went east to the hotel, decided to explore. This kind dude gave us a full heal, which again, is for deigning to come to their tiny town.

Upstairs, I have no idea what this guy is trying to say. I guess he was juggling? But he doesn't do anything juggling like, only animating normally...

This lady put a shock ribbon on Hookah, which honestly kinda bothers me. It's superstition but shock on a bug and the fact that she doesn't give the whole team a ribbon...

OH GOD

UM!?

eeww iih gh

welp

Getting away from that place, found the Bill! His name is Cassius, and he's got to be the least fleshed out storage person ever. He's got no personality other than he and his assistants use the punk model.

She maybe even has more personality, just because she accuses us of being a thief and gives us this thing

The TM is for thief, which is actually a pretty cool move. It basically works as a weak dark attack, but it can, if the user doesn't have an item, trade with the other pokémon. You can't keep trainer items though.

I think the guy gave us something, but I can't remember. She talks about the city in old times - the guy in the castle gave all his stuff away out of generosity or something (the palace is next episode).

Then this lady gives us a sweet heart, which is a chocolate that works like a potion. Nice, but nothing really special.

Down by the hôtel (gotta use the ô cause this is france, right?) an x attack over some one-way hills.

Only one thing left, really - the château

Inside we find Shauna for some reason. The karate guy tells us how surprised he is at having 2 guests to talk to, asks us to call it a chateau instead of a castle, and about the generous guy we already learned about.

I wanna nerd out - CASTELLVM /kastellũ/ > /kastellõ/ > castell /kæsteɫ/ > chastell /kʃæsteu/> chasteau /ʃæstæu/ > /ʃastou/ > château /ʃatou/ 

The Shauna acts like a big brat and this happens

Anyways a guy comes and gets the karate dude and runs out with him - something's going on that needs our urgent attention!

Found an escape rope - if something bad happens, this could save lives you know

Took some time and admired the paintings. Shame we can't see more of them; we could probably try and art critique or something. I wonder what serious feeling they're trying to convey - I mean it's gotta be actual art, it's in a castle right? It oughtta be sophisticated. Maybe the painting's actually of nothing but like a starving jigglypuff or something, and it's trying to convey the richness of the world beyond for the dying or something like that? Or maybe it's of like a muchlax engorged to the point of it's belly splitting as a warning against gluttony?

Orange Chick here gives us some juice! This is basically a free super potion, that's nice. Again, for reasons of "we don't get many visitors".

Here's Cassius' name on the thing. Also turns out the "move" command it named organize now and I was just a dumbbutt

I noticed the game wanted us to go to route 7... but we just got off of route 6. A little confused I headed south in case this is where the "not progress" was so I could do it before the "progress"

Turns out this is just the path people took to gather water or do their laundry back in the olden days. And there's a star piece out here! Money!

This is the guy who got Karate guy to run off. He tells us how shabby castle (that's literally what it means in English and Japanese (where it's from the similar but unrelated route shoboi); German just calls it Château Tristesse or "sad castle") is meaningful to him sentimentally or something. So now we're ready to move on and finally track down karate guy and Shauna at the other castle!

Next time!

Summary -

Abulabbaz > 12
Hookah, Kalle, Dunsdottir > 15
Tirili, Marushka > 16

Tirili learned Flail!

We caught MagnesiaMIPS, a bunnelby!

level 8 (f) timid (+Speed-Atk) tackle, agility, leer, quick attack, ability Cheek Pouch (gains an extra 33% boost in HP for whatever berry she eats).

Moved from Lumiose through route 5 and through Camphrier! Now at the beginning of route 7!

QUESTIONS FOR YOU GUYS!

Other than the one vote for 4, any other numbers for when we next encounter a boutique? (probably two episodes)

Should I rename anyone?

Something that didn't occur to me until after playing - should MIPS replace Abulabbaz? Or should I wait until someone faints? Abulabbaz already knows everything he can - he's unfortunately really only good for training now what with sweet scent.
Last edited by Tovarisch Red Yoshi on May 13th, 2015, 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

<tovakj> yes

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 13th, 2015, 6:56 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:I hear from trustworthy sources that skirts feel more liberating though

They are. They tend to feel far more revealing than shorts though, even if they're longer skirts. They're a lot nicer in hot weather however.
💙💙💙

pholtos

Postby pholtos » May 13th, 2015, 7:04 am

Psst. I think you mean two instead of too, and I think that's a kadabra, not an Alakazam.

Also, what the heck is Mr. Bonding doing to you? O_o

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 13th, 2015, 7:16 am

pholtos wrote:Psst. I think you mean two instead of too, and I think that's a kadabra, not an Alakazam.

Also, what the heck is Mr. Bonding doing to you? O_o

Don't you know all pokémon are known by the name of the last stage of their evolutionary line? Except Pidgeotto, Pidgeot does not sound like a last evol name :swiftrage:

also I don't know :biblethump:

<tovakj> yes

pholtos

Postby pholtos » May 13th, 2015, 7:18 am

Oh right and one of the pictures is borked. It's... halfway ish? Right after the holo-caster picture.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 13th, 2015, 7:21 am

pholtos wrote:Oh right and one of the pictures is borked. It's... halfway ish? Right after the holo-caster picture.

Fixed, linked to the wiki page instead of the image itself

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » May 13th, 2015, 7:49 am

Yeah if Abulabbaz is just kinda dead weight you should probably just swæp it, assuming it's legal.

I vote 1 for boutiquing!

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » May 13th, 2015, 3:04 pm

If Dunsparce is my domain, you should rename it. But then, I might be a bit biased :tstick2:!
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 17th, 2015, 12:34 pm

Episode 7 - Nameless

Link to album (here be spoilers)

http://imgur.com/a/6JvX1

Here we are on route 7! After 5! 7 ate 6! im pretty sure someone made that joke already

oh, wait... Palace lane and River Walk, okely dokely*

*rip flanders' voice

So not to spoil anything worth spoiling, but this episode's going to involve a lot of rethinking themes and stuff. One thing I decided to do on advice was run back to Camphrier and switch Abulabbaz (who can only learn one more move all game) with the newly caught MagnesiaMIPS. Better type coverage anyways.

Back at the sign, Shauna starts to get annoying

Like really annoying. She won't let us explore route 6 :(

Welp, down route 7 a little bit, it gives us an opportunity to go off path anyways. Ok...

You know that awful feeling when you walk into a conversation, and you feel like you're going to get caught up doing something horrible?

yup

we're field workers now, guys. Ever picked before? It's kinda hell. Like learning a guitar, but in two weeks in horrible weather and all over *shudders*

Right, as much as I love installing toilets or being that guy who pulls corpses from carwrecks

Planted the Aspear berry... for some reason. We had one of it. I was thinking it'd come in handy later. I should probably go check on the plant, it's been like two days.

(yup, there were 5)

Okay - so if you haven't figured it out, yeah, there are trees that drop berries, and that's how berries are usually handled. But this little garden lets you do berries gen III style. Like, that crazy little corner in the lower right corner of Hoenn the landmass in the remakes. Which is actually gen 7. Whatever, lots of berries, you can raise them, you can also hybridize them sometimes but only here. It's complex. I didn't do a thing with it in my original playthrough, and I usually don't.

If we make it to the end I want to try some post game stuff. Most of it's going to be crazy grindy sorts of stuff, but I have no idea what I'm going to consider a stopping point. I'd like to try something like 100% items - so all tms, all megastones (available without trading!), all non-consumable items... I might go for berries, I might not. Probably not though...

Neat, miracle seed. Most types have an item that increases their attack; this is grass's. So that will be good for... maybe someone someday.

Composter. Basically through in berries with... you know... and you get mulch, something that's been around since gen IV. put it in soil and the trees end up more bountiful. yay agriculturessdasfkgjh;oerick

Alright one day I really need to go vegan or something. I live in an ag town in the middle of California. Our drought's pretty much a concern because of people raising some thirsty crops but mostly cattle and other extremely thristy animals. Humans could easily live through it by switching to some saner crops instead of growing rice or giant active things that need grasses themselves.

Also lawns. There is no need for a lawn. We need to go to bark pl0x

daily politicaltova tax complete

Free from ag, we move on.

Oh, hey! There's where karate guy went! Right next to this gen I flashback!

Golly gee willikers karateman, have you tried the batkaratepokéflute?

*cough*

Anyways, gotta go up route 6 to the palace thingy up there now. But first, up that not-so-hidden pathway you saw earlier. Found a heal ball (it heals the capture) - pretty much this is useless unless we face gentle attrition until we only have like one team member left...

Allons-y!

Palace lane. Pretty. Shaded. Shade is a beautiful gift from the photon gods.

Here's a map of route 6. The grassy areas on either side are blocked off from us, but they're filled with pokémon, and trainers, and items. Didn't link to route 7 because it'll be spoilers for next time (sorry, this episode will be short).

Even though the sides of the route are inaccessible, this item on this raised path is.

In the shade along the path are tourists. Who interesting have the most Japanese names of the game - wanna bet this is how gamefreak saw themselves?

And just like tourists, they have no idea how much our money's worth, and gave us a measly $7.37 or €6.44 for victory...

okay maybe they have a better grip on prices than i thought

Can I also spend a moment strongly emphasizing how these crazy babas don't look a damn thing like their 3d models?

Later on the path, we were enjoying ourselves when something attacked us from out of a bush

A centipede! and our encounter!

So story time. When I was between 8th and 9th grade I got nominated by someone anonymous to go on an "ambassador" (glorified vacation not with family) trip to china, and thanks to people I was able to raise the money to do so. So we went with an Ohio group through LA to a layover in Seattle and another in Taiwan and from Taiwan we got to the PRC through Hong Kong. We ended up spending a few days in Beijing, a few days in Xi'an, a few more days outside of Xi'an, a few days in Shanghai, and a few days in Hong Kong at the end of our trip.

There were a lot of neat things I saw. It kinda screwed up my ideas of China for a while though; you know they were showing their impressive side. I've got a lot of stories from it, but the relevant one.

So there was this kid who was like half everyone's size and overly obnoxiously rich. Like he had the most stuck up attitude ever and treated everyone like crap while bragging about his horses and cars and I'm not fucking making this up this kid existed. One night we were even roommates and he tried to get on my good side, but the next day was telling everyone he saw me making a hitlist - I was actually doing the journaling we were told to do for the trip. He seemed to hate me in particular - he refused to sit next to me and just me the day we did the great wall (steep steps all day) because I smelled bad (when he smelled like rotten milk). But there was still that time he knocked over a glass and generally threw a bratty little tempertantrum when a waitress fucked up his order (you know, because teenage waitresses making dollars a day to get through university in the middle of fucking Xi'an are supposed to have perfect English and tell when you mean tea when you keep pronouncing it like chicken.

I bring all of this up because after we were walking to the buses one day after visiting a ping pong tournament at a university in Shanghai, twerp nearly stepped on one and pissed himself screaming like a little girl. So, shameful joy.

Couldn't really think of a name for the Venipede though, sadly. It falls under Alice again (bugs! it's all bugs! Although tbh venipede was one of the bugs I was thinking of as fitting with her), but at the moment I was "recording" my laptop wasn't charging at all, and while yeah my phone but I didn't want to so. So I'll be naming her next episode.

Also might want to say I'll probably end up renaming Dunsdottir to something Chthonian soon. Buttson seemed to give his consent offsite and it seems like it'd be better suited - not that there aren't better suited mons for later.

There was another tourist on the end with a surprisingly difficult zigzagoon. Wasn't at risk for death, but Kalle needed healing afterwards.

And... this is interesting...

Forgot tackle for... bite, iirc (ps yep)

Funderful! War-turtle, ready for combat! (after healing)

On my way back (why use potions when you can run safely to Camphrier?) I noticed this thing... hmmm... looks like an item, but it's yellow

Wait I got tms already. Yeah, that's a tm, we'll be back for it.

Made our way to the Palais! Onwards to meet people and get the flute thing to go on on!

cept not, let's go 'splorin'!

Kinda immediately I was greeted by these two... three... whatever.

Furfrou's with their coats done, in case you wanted to see that.

But... oh boy, level 14. The last thing we fought was level 11, and there was one of it. 14 is really bad.

They're normal types and they were hitting hard. I didn't have fighting types, so everything would treat them neutrally. MIPS needed to switch out right away, and Dunsdottir was nearly killed in one round. I basically switched in hoping to find a good enough sponge to push forward. Kalle was knocked low pretty quick, Dunsdottir technically followed him I think. Tirili was low before even getting a turn to try a move (they targeted who he switched in for I mean, he was full health).

At some point Marushka made her way in and I realized they weren't targeting her. So I switched Hookah in, and put everything on a bet - paralysis. And boy, did she do her part. She paralyzed one no problems... I used Marushka's turn to heal her, and kept it up. The next was paralyzed.

So I kept fighting. Now I had a powerful attacker available - struggle bug. So I paired that with Marushka's helping hand - a move that made Hookah's attack 50% stronger. And Hookah did her part - and then they attacked Marushka. Both of them had seen a large number of stat decreases, which goes away when you switch out, but I couldn't.

Both of them were fast. I mean they were going first while paralyzed. I couldn't switch into anybody - MIPS couldn't take a hit, but everyone else was one hit away from death. So I put all of my faith into Hookah, and healed Marushka because she'd be one hit from death too. But Hookah didn't manage to beat one of the dogs - I think she left it with 5hp or so. Then the couple healed, though they were still paralyzed. But I had to keep going. They split their attacks (and crit) and now both Marushka and Hookah were at only enough hp to take one hit.

Marushka used helping hand. Hookah used struggle bug. Hookah took out a dog. The second one defeated Hookah. And goddamn it she was the keystone to victory. Switched in and revenge killed the last dog with a team effort from healing Kalle, Tirili and Dunsdottir (I've actually forgotten some of the details tbh) on Marushka's turn, while hitting hard.

Goddamn that was good butterfly.

and the effort even pushed Tirili over... and I guess I was dumb and forgot to take a picture of Fletchinder, Tirili's evolved form. So here

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fletchinder_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

And so, that fantastic butterfly flutters on by to hang out with Lux, and old friend.

Goddamn that was an amazing effort.

Ran back. Got ambushed.

TOO SOON

I brought the nameless venipede with - here's a little looksee at its moves. While not a flyer, she has the potential to fill Hookah's niche pretty well. But she's really underleveled right now.

Found one of these too. It'll heal 1/8th of the total hp of a pokémon, but will confuse it if hates the taste (bitter, and whether a pokémon likes bitter is determined by its nature (naughty lax naive rash, also maybe quirky). Been around since gen III.

Children are strange

At least Kalos children are strange. It's like shorts were invented yesterday

Wow, that's like an ocean away! Grass!

Oh, it's a backpacker. Nothing to worry about.

Found an ultraball. Pretty gool. Not that cool though.

Finally entering other side.

More random japanese tourists.

OMG this thing. You know how my team had problems with electric (and normal apparently)? It has a problem with steel, big time, and these suckers are strong. So I ran. Dunsdottir's ability helped me through that.

Got caught by this hat girl who was also a tourist, forgot what she said but it must have been pretty forgettable.

Finally managed to get to the item... Venoshock. Nice, that's pretty useless for {venipede}.

Venipede's moveset is based around poisoning and rollout. Venoshock does like 120% damage when hitting a poisoned target. It'd help (infestation isn't really good right now though).

Return's pretty good for my normal types. Ended up teaching a few moves while I was in the menu.

Played around with thief too - it's a dark move.

Believe it or not, that took all the time we had for the episode (I do hour long sessions). So I ran back to heal up

And check on our current party. But first I decided to go on and train.

I brought Lux along. He's dead, but I wanted to get his evolutions for the dex. I suspend a lot of rules for off camera training anyways so I decided to just go ahead and spend some time with him (and not overlevel someone actually moving us forward).

Turns out though... it was completely irrelevant. Instead of waiting for towards end game to train Lux up to a delphox or spend an extra hour training up the venipede (bug types level slow...) I decided to pull that trick I did earlier. Our guest, Sedna, switched places with Félix, the Delphox I used in my first playthrough of XY, who brought over a lucky egg for training. A vision of what could have been, sigh.

With the dex complete I ran all the way back to Lumiose... to get nothing at all!!!

Except a shitty fanfare !

and with that! The current team! Sideways :failfish:

:failfish: Female, hasty (+speed, -defense), swarm (bug blaze), poison tail rollout, venoshock, protect :failfish:

:failfish: I'll likely name her from something in AiW as usual but feel free to suggest something, family's visiting and it might take a while :failfish:

:failfish: I don't know why they're sideways honestly. Maybe I was lying down and took them on my side, but I can't seem to rotate them now :failfish:

:failfish: MIPS is timid (+speed, -attack), female, has the berry boosting thing, knows return, thief, mud shot, quick attack :failfish:

:failfish:

Only took pictures of these two because they're new(ish).

With that, I'm all healed up in Camphrier town, now scenically located on the West pole!

A nice shot of our heroine... sidways :failfish:

So... She really fought well. Damn well. I hate to copy better LPers but...

So in marriland's nuzlockes he liked to award pokémon that especially pulled through in a pinch with something he called a "bro badge". Basically I wanted to do something like to honor Hookah, although I don't really like the name of the badge.

What I'm doing right now is putting a star on her. Breeders usually use this star to mark perfect IVs in special defense, but for now I'm giving her a star for a truly stellar effort.

Right on little bug.

Till next time.

(why am I fighting a cowboy bebop reference?)

<tovakj> yes

pholtos

Postby pholtos » May 17th, 2015, 3:27 pm

RIP

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 20th, 2015, 9:04 am

Episode 8 - lets lesbians

Link to full gallery (here be spoilers, yar)

http://imgur.com/a/pYfyR

Fun fact - we get basically nothing done today but I actually went 20 minutes over my normal session time... not including backtracking!

Welcome back, everyone! Today we'll be on to the Palais finally to get the Pokéflute!

Umm... why amn't I in the pokécenter? um... well, I've been gardening...

Here's our team. Yes I forgot to names. I will name later, it's alright, I'm just scum

We here now. At night because it was night

More farming material!

Ether! That restores PP (Power Points), that'll in all likelihood be useful to us later on.

"Tch! Are old buildings more important than people who are alive now?"

This Punk has the right attitude methinks

So photo guy wanted our photo, you'll get it next time. We also tipped him $8.29/€7.44

Shauna runs up behind us as we reach the gate, exasperated at finally catching up to us.

We took like a week to get here, what's her excuse? Anyways doorman joe here demands we pay a fee to get in - a whole $8.29/€7.44. Ripoff.

He's even unapologetic about it too - "The fee will go to the upkeep of the Castle..."

"..probably"

You can't tell but I'm running right here. Yay invisible walls!

And... we meet ownerguy. Ownerguy is distraught - he lost his dog in his own house.

Ever helpful, Shauna volunteers us to help, of course

and stands in place

that pun is illegal

no seriously, there was convention about this in geneva. ur goin 2 jail

...i didn't already? at least its self aware

War exists in this world, which is really depressing. Europe appears to have gone through the same history before whatever instrumentality was brought about to make everyone so at peace with themselves on average in this universe

No, Roza, don't! It's all frilly, you'll mess it up! And get yelled at!

Oh... well, I guess you would be kinda tired. You walked from foie gras and basque land all the way through paris and now you're getting close to areas of France I know like nothing about

I love his employees. None of them are reactionary types, and they all badmouth the ownerguy to any guest that pays them the time of day. Apparently he like always eats a 4 course meal and is a jerk and greedy

Oh, no... Roza!

she slept in the irregal bed

There's a guy in here talking about something that I think had to do with either Mega Evolution or the war in Unova, and something about "the equivalent to trainers" and something atmospherey but the picture was blurry. Behind him kinda hidden in the colors was the Amulet coin though, so that's cool.

The amulet coin doubles the money we win in battle. I want to constantly use this, but the truth is some battles might be too dangerous to sacrifice an item slot....

Up stairs now. The controls are pretty much Lumiose's now, for bad and good

It can reflections now, pokémon so advanced

Out the mirror... a balcony, overlooking a big garden. Neat

Yes, that's apparently Reshiram

This what we're looking at btw. A ???, Solrock, Litleo's evolved form, and a Chandalure.

This giant place is apparently modeled on the Palace of Versailles, only it's now privately owned here which calls the history into question

like, did communism even happen? But of course it did; look at the socialized healthcare

The King

Realism in my pokémon games? This makes me uncomfortable tbh

Hoenn confirmed guys

this whole place needs to be nuked

No doggie. So, finally, we head out to the gardens.

Neat bridge camerawork

Shauna comes out and proclaims to go searching in the back. Okay, w/e. You did nothing before

This universe has some weird preoccupations with itself. Maybe it's not as bad afterall, since its not constantly dreaming about being like... us or something.

Oh hey guys, have you heard of this guy named isocitration? he's a really cool duder with his own micronation and everything. His lps even move and make noise and shit, and they're rarely blurred or sideways! But like sometimes he takes forever to do anything, and he's putting off his current lp with a pitiful excuse of "back pain", something he already used a month ago.

Guard spec! I don't really know what this does. I think it's like light screen but in a disposable item form. Or else it prevents stat reductions. One of those.

So apparently the Kalos war was started after the Unova... omg, the Kalos was the French Revolution... And that makes the Unova war the revolutionary war... and communism did happen... aaahhhh no

No submarino! Or sailing in giant shoes!

Reshiram. I used to really like it. Then there's a story you guys don't want to hear about, but now Reshiram makes me queasy. I miss liking it...

Y'don't say, mr. gardinerguy?

Ooh! Finally! Pretty much we already earned what we need to use this, so we'll be going back for things later.

Super potion, good. Everyone's getting to the point where the old potions stop being worth it.

Um, well. Potato haunts my lp too, in a way

Antidote! Apparently only one kind of poison is utilized by pokémon. Makes sense, they're technically all the same species

Oh my... I know what you mean, sister... I'm a not musician myself :(

Or maybe you're just shit at logic

Buy a gps, problem solved

Welp, finally found dogbert... and it isn't even groomed...

Turns out Shauna was chasing him. This isn't the back but whatever -_-

Basically use the squares to position her and catch snoopy

Really simple. Just chase the dog to the upper spot, put her on one side, then go around to the other side, it runs down the dead end stupidly. problemo solvo

Ownerguy comes down, raving about loosing his dog... in his yard...

he's throwing a fireworks show for us finding his dog in his yard... hopefully no one or nothing's expecting to fly around out here...

Then he just patronizes like an asshole

To be fair, little kids playing this might not know to pronounce it "ron de voo"

Shauna hated him too... good on her

Welp... might as well enjoy them, as batshit as this has all been

Yup

(in japan this is a clichéd romantic scene btw)

Sure thing Sugar

a pidgey probably died in that fireblast

Pratty Roza ain't whistlin Dixey, honey :datsheffy:

Oh, you know about memory palaces too? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Method_of_loci

Why do I have a feeling she waited so long just to be with us? It seems she only just now remembered why we're here. It's... probable

Actual, it's pretty much confirmed. The devs wanted Shauna to be something of a love interest - gender invariant. I say wanted because she still gets next to no characterization. I think they tweeted it in Japanese, but Tamashii Hiroka goes into it a little bit here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DtSdt508ho (start at 4:20 if you just want the Shauna bit)

{let's not make her think we felt too awkward to notice anything}

Umm... Okay guy. So they had debt issues... And you bailed them out... And now you're giving the priceless treasure you possessed to a 10 year old?

He's actually worse than this, but w/e

Next images were blurry, but Shauna references her memories comment, making a joke about forgetting him. NP.

Of course, she gets right down to business. Old guy tells us about mega evolution legends and how we don't know what rich guy goes through... except we know... high fees, food, finding his dog on his own property... ok

And... he gives us protect...

Rich guy gave us a big lecture about returning what we borrowed, like we were 3...

WE KNOW ABOUT YOUR DEBT WOES NOW

Gen I - it's habbenin

He gets angry when he wakes up

So we fight him - level 20 on level 15...

Quickball did the same thing...

So... I prefer catching encounters like this. I'm not going to use him, because he's a forced encounter, but I reserved the right to catch whatever and just did.

But I decided to name him anyways. As a normal humanshape guy snorlax take's buttson's naming scheme. Which... also means that he wouldn't have nothing if Dunsdottir got renamed

Oh... hey... you...

(this means no backtracking!)

The nicest thing he's ever said

She's not overreacting. The came by and told him he's out of practice, and since he can't play flute, he might as well give it to karato there so he can practice. It's... grah

So, finally!

Onward! To backtracking!

I decided our little Venipede would be called Voracious. I couldn't find a centipede character in the original book, but I did find a centipede character in Alice - American McGee's Alice http://alice.wikia.com/wiki/Voracious_Centipede

Basically, Hookah sent us on to meet her ;_;¯\

And with consent from Buttson, Dunsdottir is now Kishar, in Earth's name domain thing

Kishar is a daughter of Tiamat, a goddess of earth herself who married her brother Anshar, a god of the Sky. They come together at the horizon - a far off place, where the Sun rises, where he cursed to crawl the earth on his belly becomes feathered to join the heavens (Dunsparce is based on a Japanese cryptid, that also happens to resemble the feathered serpents of South America.

If you think anyone else needs renaming, holler.

Taught cut to MIPS (over thief). Someone had to learn it, unfortunately :(

Cut's a weak normal type move, 50 when most of our moves are 60 or higher. It'd be nice if it at least had something silly like added effectiveness against grass types or something, but no. But it's invaluable in cutting down trees and stuff...

Our bee couldn't learn it either btw

Threw in his info if you wanted it. Again, likely not using him.

So, east! To home!

You might recall a spot with two bushes right above each other on route 5. South leads us to another shorts obsessed boy

Who had a fish and something forgettable at really low levels... (Voracious is now level 20)

Tried and failed to capture the animation...

Ah, and the flying charcoal. Tirili could use either of those...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy back on route 3 (that's right, I ran through Paris again) there's a prickly bush to the north, where there's a... revive... useful...

I could do something like have you guys vote on reviving perished team members... but I think that would violate the spirit of nuzlocke. Honestly up to you guys.

Back on route endgame/Lux's death I guess I accidentally missed this. Nice to have though, not complaining.

And, behind a tree, an elixir! This is like a super ether - works on all moves. Could be useful if we go spelunking...

And... That's it for today! Thanks for read!

<tovakj> yes

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario
Location: IDK I think it was like a pocket dimension or somethin

Postby Lead Luigi » May 20th, 2015, 11:41 am

Tova wrote:I'm just scum

I can confirm this statement :4head:
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 23rd, 2015, 7:57 am

Episode 9 - Resident Sleeper
Progress is moving slow but steady. I just want to say - this game's noted for having pacing problems, so it looks like not a lot is happening, when in truth, it is. I'm not going to apologize for something that's the game's fault there.

Album link: http://imgur.com/a/ip9cV

Welcome back! Today we'll be finishing the rest of route 7.

So this is the map of route 7 - as you can see, we haven't seen much of route 7 at all in truth.

So I'm um... starting on this screen because I've been uh... farming

yup

But now we're here, ready to cross over into new territory! Onwards, to the sexonf badge!

Also we get to see what that little gate is, the one with the marill out playing.

Dex completo Tomato wants us to check out the daycare

Yep. Pokémon introduced husbandry and inbreeding into their games back in gen II. They're kinda awkward about it, never addressing it for what it is, calling it "daycare" but everything's silly.

I kinda resent Tierno for the idea of bringing life into the world just to be on his dance team. But then again I've bred for like 4 shinies (roughly 1024⁴ useless lives)

I might breed some other time but not now. Some nuzlockes permit it, because the egg's location is technically the day care, not the route - but to be honest with the pokémon avalable to us now no one can breed without violating dupes clause. E.g. Hookah and Abulabbaz are the only ones that come to mind as a valid pair, and they'd just make an army of hookahs.

However, some pokémon are of different species but considered opposite sex counterparts of each other - e.g. miltank and tauros, nidoran(m) and nidoran(f), volbeat and illumise. Maybe if I get one of these I could consider it.

This isn't how you dex Tomato

Then everyone runs off, literally, as we prep for our encounter:

A smeargle!

Smeargle's a really interesting gimmicky pokémon. It doesn't have awesome stats but if a pokémon uses a particular move, it can use the only move it learns - sketch - to copy any move in the game, except chatot's gimmicky move and struggle. So I kinda want to use it against legendaries.

It's a normal type, and kinda people shaped - Buttson's naming theme triggers yet again.

Tierno's easily impressed, or something. I guess Roza actually caught it herself so no probs. ~ We is awesome ~

I kinda wanted to make a point about something after I ran into the blue flowers - the flowers count like tall grass, so you get encounters in them. Flabébé, a fairy type pokémon that lives in the grasses, sits on a particular flower at any given time, and the flower's color represents where you encountered, effectively giving you 4 forms of Flabébé.

Running back to the yellow flowers, showing off yellow flabébé

In the process, MIPs evolved!

Ain't she purdy? Now her mudshot has a STAB boost too. Diggersby are part ground.

A battle against a new kind of trainer! (also blue flowers on either side).

The artist! Incidentally, her pokémon was a smeargle that MIPs took out pretty quickly I think.

And we got a whole $14.76/€13.37!

omg that number spells eleet

I guess starving artists are a myth after all :keepo:

Tomato asks to see my dex, and challenges me to beat it

I don't know if he just always loses or it's because they actually programmed a threshhold. But I have 151... well, actually, more. But w/e

These two ran up and challenged me to a duel though

It was an easy fight, but look at their names

Also Marushka evolved

paging marriland to this thread

then Mr. doesn't really fight runs up to this place, yet another mansion, and emplors us to explore.

It's the battle Château and it's where you go for like random daily fights or something. I never actually explored this place with Calem - I just sorta beat the main game, got the TMs, and bred a team.

Here we meet... our first gym leader?

She's surprised someone with out skillset isn't part of the nobility... Interesting perspective there, photolady.

Excuse me, Lady Photo

now we got a title!

Wow maybe the Neoreaction isn't so bad afterall? *vomits*

poor bourgeoise fool doesn't know how powerless he really is

But dammit if he doesn't do that thing rich people do to show off their watches and status

Got a whopping $29.64/€26.86! Wow, maybe fighting these guys aren't so bad an idea. They don't have much of anything threatening.

Nother richboy... they got some odd names. Maybe just old guard names, idk.

This guy says something about wanting to "latch onto some nice Duchess to Aqua Jet {water quick attack} [him]self to the top of society" which sounds incredibly creepy. Also I don't really think this guy knows how nobility works. Men marry down, women marry up. That's why it's common culturally for women to be gold diggers - patriarchal society views them as property in need of protection and would never trust investing them downward. The man's status was the status of both of them - that's why the woman's name changes.

also like this guy is can't be older than 14 and thinks this

video game...

Also Marushka evolved

Again. To Azumarill!

I think Azumarill has the potential to be one of the highest physical attackers in the game... with their other ability. Marushka will never be that strong. But she won't be too much of a pushover - already she's learned a couple physical moves over water gun and bubble, both stronger in fact and stronger because they take advantage of her stronger physical attack.

Oh, um... it explains things...

"Ad aspera per aspera" is one of the most pretentious mottos out there and my highschool's

Her trainer class sprite is nice though

Both this and the time I went through with Calem I was confused by this. They announce this as soon as you reload the room, that's it. They announce other random guys whenever you beat the last.

"What's this? It seems a commoner has gotten in?"

I beat him resoundingly, the asshole

This is Baron guy

it just did
perhaps you mean "lose" or "vincetur"

Fucking riolu, man, what killed Lux is back for more. No one died this time at least.

"Truth is...

Leaving I got a new rank but my camera decided not to take a picture of it. Roza the communist born to a poor polish jewish family is now viceduchess or something I can't remember and I'm not taking the risk of everyone dying to level 25 sword demons to find out.

Now, this is the route that you get eggs on, so it's really tempting to use the route to breed on. I hear there's a path in lumiose to use but I always found it more work that this.

What I do is I line myself up two units below the path below daycare guy who gives you eggs, and bike left or right on the d-pad. Flying to Lumiose, getting on the route, and tying down the button always felt like more work. I don't have to really pay attention during any of the egg stuff the way I do it, so I can watch actually good lps when doing this or kill time in other ways.

If you follow my path, you end up right next to the lanturns in Camphrier and can add a little bit of the path into route 5 to it. It should also align to the bottom part of the stairs. Unfortunately if you line up too south or too north you'll hit a lamp or else get caught in a cave which can be bad if all you have is a magcargo and a team of level 1s.

Unfortunately I got caught by the bozitos sin bozita, who just declares a battle whether you're really ready or not.

He declares to be my partner because we're neighbors... even though Tierno is also my neighbor... I guess?

Dancy and Tomato! Get Hype!

Get rekt!

look at how defeated they look its amazing

Calem was pretty much useless the whole fight, except his Dartiri got beaten. His frog2 also took the brunt of the attacks which was nice.

Kinda wanted to show off that Calem does the same thing Roza/Serena does when victory.

it's funny how blue, black, blanc, blonde, and blind all come from the same root. Also he was super easy.

This here was a tree, gone forever, violating laws of conservation sorta (it's in the entropic state of the matter the media is hosted on, i.e. my 3ds, the cart, my hands, and the atmosphere).

It leads to silver poweder! I *think* this is the bug equivalent of the sharp beak Tirili's holding.

Farther East I found a berry to add to my giant collection.

There's two of these connecting gaves. I wasn't paying attention as Calem in my first run through of the game, and actually got somewhat confused because I did the wrong side first. First, we want the southern cave. The northern one, the one you can accidentally run into hatching eggs, is for later.

Double checking myself, because it's been forever since the last gym. I think the whole team's going to break the level limit shortly :( oh well, I'm not releasing because of that.

Picking up the remaining items on the route; an X spdef

And this! Is the end of the episode. Behold; our team! New rabbits, and water mouse rabbits!

Bonus unrelated thing

bæst pokémon, she has run away and teleport because she's skittish as hell
also what ever move causes her to chew fur out

Now, can I ask you guys something? Should I be including turn by turn sets for random trainer battles too? Like pholtos kinda.

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » May 23rd, 2015, 8:31 am

Yeah maybe show a bit more of the battles? Like at least the pokemon they used. It was somewhat jarring seeing you jump straight to victory at the rival double battle. I don't even remember what their pokes are.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 23rd, 2015, 8:32 am

Isocitration wrote:Yeah maybe show a bit more of the battles? Like at least the pokemon they used. It was somewhat jarring seeing you jump straight to victory at the rival double battle. I don't even remember what their pokes are.

They get monatonous after a while, and I pretty much just rollouted through the fight I think, that's the only reason I did that

<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » June 2nd, 2015, 12:07 am

Episode 10 - Caves and Drugs

Yo, everyone! Sorry about the lateness of things. Pretty much family came over and stayed a while. It was rude to ignore them to work on things, and because they're Jehovah's Witnesses and pokémon is considered satanic by the Watchtower I wasn't exactly going to work on it in front of them... Additionally, I was having *weird* issues with getting things resized and sorted.

Anyways, excuses. On to adventure!

Album link
http://imgur.com/a/3gOpp

Our team thus far - already bordering on breaking level limits. Oh well, it's a guideline, not a loss clause (sorry tova is babby)

This is the far west of route 7. Connecting cave - on the way to not-the-town-we-want. Yay, anti progress! Lesgo!

Oh boy, even gen VI manages to dedicate an entire cave to the ubiquitous flying rodents!

In this gen, the caves even manage to drip. Cute little attention to detail.

Upp, talked to a breeder. Breeders are a class of trainer that evidently neglect to get their pokémon fixed... or something. Like for real they probably force a lot of inbreeding and euthanization and are responsible for a lot of preventable misery and... You know what the less we think about the details of pokémon fucking the better all things considered. Political tova tax payed early haha gotcha

Mercy

Level 12 ducklett against other things

Kalle took it out pretty quick

Next up was a pikachu that MIPs just wrecked

Same for this poor little firey bastard

Lastly, a poor little grass type for Tirili to tear up. Tirilis have got to be those thing's worst nightmare all things considered...

And... progress like immeadiately blocked. Game doesn't want us to have fun or something

To the Suth another rock. That for all intents and purposes Roza should just be able to cross. But she don't.

Oo! A zbat! Who'da guessed!?

Flying triggers Pholtos' theme, so I played around with nicknames for a while. Zuby sounds like scat though, so I kept looking for names. Z u B a T though looks very much like a feminine word in Arabic, or Ancient Egyptian, or Akkadian, or Hebrew before the Canaanite shift, and the Arabic diminuitive just felt right. If you don't know

Basically Afroasiatic languages (Chadic, Omoitic, Ethiopian, Coptic, Semitic) all have this shared typology where feminine nouns end in -at and instead of normally appending prefixes or suffixes to the language like Latin or Japanese, it changes the vowels around the consonants to get new words. So some examples:

From SLM, meaning something like peace or rest, you get - SaLaaM, peace; iSLaM, Islam, also surrender or peace; prefix mu- > muSLiM, one who practices Islam; with prefix ta- > taSLiMaẗ, a girl's name meaning Salvation; the male name SaLim, unbroken (Selim via Turkish); it's also the root of Hebrew SHaLoM (hello); or yeruSHaLayiM, Jerusalem, "settlement of dusk/peace". There's also similar derivation around words like Q-D-SH, like Hebrew Kodesh, saint, or Perso-Arabic 'aqdas, like the Kitab e Aqdas, the holy book of the Bahai'i, K-T-B being the source of book and writing and desk (eg KiTaB, kotev in hebrew because of process called softening), NaVI being prophet, etc. It even figures into the way acronyms are made - the Jewish TaNaKh comes from the ToRaH, NaVI'im, KeTuVim. The Semitic languages like trilateral roots, while the Egyptians had more biliteral roots (e.g r-a, likely Ri'u to them), but because of sharing the same patterns, when the Egyptians invented writing, they didn't create vowels because usually the word's place and context made it really easy to pronounce (our vowels come from the (semitic) Phonetians' h, y, and w sounds). They even went as far as to use words with different vowels for their consonants in other words.

Sorry about the long rambly explanation but it's neat, and while it's complicated it was kinda secand nature enough that I didn't think it would be as weird as it seems now.

Anyways ZuBaT has the vowels in the right place to be an Arabic word, and really worked as one. So Zubaytaẗ the Zubat. It sounds cuter if you almost say Zubaytya or Zubaychya with a big smile - i/y spreads the lips like that anyways. That's why it shows up as a cute sound in most languages, whether -Cy or CVCVyCV or *inside* other vowels with the umlaut (which actually is kissing when you're supposed to smile - German grün is green if you kiss, a German küss is kiss if you kiss); umlaut comes from a historical CVCy > CÜCV.

im sorry

Anyways, off to progress town.

Immeadiately greeted with a shortcut to where we *just* were because game design

Oh know, nerds. Nerds have strats

Cept she didn't... she just wished us well on our way...

Now we out to route 8. Muraille Coast. French [u]s also kiss, as did Greeks (upsilon makes an i sound now), even mine are starting to where I live; sometimes my to do is tü dü.

im sorry im a nerd i don't even have strats but im a nerd

Before I could even pause these two ran by - Dex and Sinestra or whatever her name is

And guess what

There's like 3 pokédexes for Kalos for like 450 something pokés. I can't wait for gen 12 and it's 1200 pokémon regions

They're also kinda like 1-ups

au revoir, ç'est la vie, tu bien, bon sort, oïl, je chante par couverture, jne savais quoi en franchee

So we're in the upper area, the left. We're at a cliff so we're going to be stuck up here, not allowed in the water for a while.

Also for some reason, although I'd rather see something like Pokémon in South Korea or the Chinas next gen I'm liking the idea of Dover and the rest of the UK as a Johto to Kalos. A Germany would also be cool but I'm weird like that.

Anyways... the game has weather, which randomly changes locations like real weather doesn't. Some pokémon only evolve in the rain even. It's actually kinda serene.

Found a potion just a little north east. Wanted to get it asap because I noticed the path talking to the dynamic duo.

Finally got around to checking this, and... yeah... tova bad, tova cheater duder

gimme ma shinnys

AND... our encounter... drifloon... interesting.

It was actually kinda hard to catch. Kalle did a lot of damage with something like water gun.

Ghostes are Iso's theme. So he finally gets one. There's a lot of nitrogen in the air, so I named it after... cyanide. It's a dead thing, so it fits, non? Isonitriles are also known as Isocyanides because that's what those things are pretty much. But good news - most are benign for mammals.

With these two I wanted to illustrate the game's parallax scrolling but not that because it's actually 3d and using actual physics.

In a "maze" of one way paths, found this.

But there's like no reason to not go that way or this way or have the one way things in the first place; you can walk between them. I guess it's trying for something like erosion patterns or what happens when mud dries but idk, it's raining.

A wise man once said "Listen to your mother, kids. Aim low. Aim so low no one will even care if you succeed. Dinner's in the oven. If you want some butter it's under my face."

moar like POW let

Axew... I spent an embarrissing amount of time figuring out that dragons are resistent to like everything

also it's axew and super strong obnoxious

Then like, duh, Marushka. I think it didn't occur to me to use her because she doesn't have an offensive fairy move.

At least she resisted everything.

Eventually I crushed this little girl's dream by chipping away slowly with agua tail.

And stole $18.29/€16.76 from her!

I healed after this.

Don't know if I mentioned this before, but the region is littered with these little... electic... signs that tell you things you almost always already know like pressing down moves you down. Actually tearing up your bag and physically moving pockets is new this gen though, and I guess I missed that in my first play through.

Got caught by this duder at some point.

First up was a pancham that died to Mr. Nightmare Tirili here.

Voracious took care of a goldeen, despite confusion. Marriland doesn't heal this for some reason and the blowback from something dying from it mixed with accidental too many items caused him to quit youtube... he's also like the only nuzlocker I've really seen because it's hard to wade through the thousands of videos by awkward 13 year olds trying to be chugga or pewdiepie so pardon my comparing myself to him

Grass types, Tirili's favorite.

And... Tirili's gonna be op. That's it. Not releasing over this, it's kinda bad pacing on the game's part anyways.

Ou, what is this? Inaccessible is what it is. Ay...

Ew... do you know what's out there dude? also you got to have callouses the size of grapefruit...

What even is Cadoc? I can't even find an etymology or anything - are you California doctor? canada document? computer aided design officiation certificate?

machop was actually stronk, who knew?

A good dark type move always takes out the hero!

Um... didn't happen. Flying though, wind takes out the hero...

Ew... a ghost. Actually bite seemed like it might help now so I bit.

And, just as I feared... Drifloon have an ability called aftermath - when they faint, they take a massive chunk of hp out of anything else on the field, like a hot air balLOON exploding. Oh the humanity

These rocks. Hard to depict but Roza just hops stone to stone, only in a fixed pattern.

And lone battle puts us up against... this guy.

There's a new kind of battle in Gen VI that's basically "let's only fight with pokémon that can learn fly".

I don't got no bong doe

Oh god this was a mistake...

Pecked the loon till it popped... Oh nice, aftermath didn't do a crazy amount. This was after healing comepletely.

Growled, healed, and whittled away. Tirili's flame body burnt it, helping things along. Kept the cycle up until the pidgeotto succumbed.

This is why you don't shrooms if you have to stand up dude. Got €13.23/$14.44 out of him though, he's a bro.

Down and around is this... a little dead end that goes no where because it's misaligned

I guess there's this

but it's otherwise rather pointless.

But... finally. New City! Ambrette Town!

oh god no don't fight me

k dude

oh thank god no violence

Nothing really of note in the center. Sales guy sells the same as the rest, old man says forgettable things.

did you steal any oregano from that guy in the jumpsuit? you might want to stop eating it

got a thing

ew progress lets go the other way

She says it makes up for its lack of power with its usefulness... no, it doesn't, it's terrible, there's actually good hms this wasn't nor is it better as a tm...

either he's drugged too or he is the most honest person in ever

ooh, gotta come back for this~!

So, um... that goes somewhere... I don't know I knew there was something down here actually. Next epi though :(

tch...

it's actually patently false kiddo, you can change forms though, and that's happened since like gen iv; forms themselves since ii.

mega stones are being likened to evolution stones. I guess this is pokémon for 5th dimensional crystal hippies from lemuria...

um... ok... While fine I can't help but think there's ethical issues with it - make sure hän's not just exploiting your feelings for special treatment at least, or trying to use you. You never know what psychos have money, don't dahmer.

kay maybe you aren't so bad... Don't give'r mexed missages tho dude

Liebe Genossin, enjoy yourself! For you have earned it, dear worker!

Oh uh ok I think Voracious got a thing for his shell... for some reason I feel like that would feel weirder to an invertibrate than a squishy ass first flesh sack like uns

All cause it's monday she gave an anti garfield speech.

OH NO

he's not really asking don't let him frame this

... ыыыыыыыыыы ...

(I'd say make gt say that but for whatever reason there's a bunch of glottal stops there and it sounds silly)

So, finally finishing yp, here's Dobson from last episode.

Lady Zubayta of the Long Explanation the Bat daughter of the Zubat the Connection Caver

-C≡N

Our team survives another day! Barely!

So now it lets us think we've seen 455 pokés... I am bade

and bad

See yall next time!

BONUS TACOS

omg my grocery started selling premarinated carne asada omg omg omg

but it's meat and the meat industry is pretty fucking evil

i feel so guilty

im sorry

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » June 2nd, 2015, 3:30 am

Yay, I finally get some representation! And he's got an actually nuzlocke friendly ability. Not that I expect it to see much use because held items in regular game not being reusable, etc. And I guess that means no dramatic self-sacrificial destiny bond-esque victories.

And dammit tova don't remind me about how bad I should feel eating meat!

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » June 8th, 2015, 7:18 pm

Episode 11 - Team Glare

Welcome back!

Today, we're going to detour to the south for a section of the game I forgot existed!

As always, album link http://imgur.com/a/P3ym1

Last we left off, we made it to Ambrette Town after hoping stones and beating stoners (apparently)

Our team, in its honestly kinda overpowered glory.

Remember this cool duder? got ourselves a second dive ball.

So since Calem said that Cyllage Town was accessible from the aquarium, I decided I wanted to explore that mysterious path to the south that I forgot existed...

Then this guy acted as the inch high unclimbable cliff this series is fond of. Couldn't go left - the rhyhorns were tired

The actual freaking excuse

Decided to better explore that fossil lab instead.

Also apparently we go to things because we like things... Inferential powers are a key part of the scientific method, so maybe mister scientist thinks we're here for an education

Isn't that supposed to be a top secret pokémon no one knows about except a few scientists in America's PETA and a 17 year old trainer who liberated it from the liberators?

Speaking of Unova... isn't that the skull team Plasma stole early on in the original Black and White?

Hoenn confirmed, guys!

you weren't even in the building...

Maybe he wasn't trying to educate; maybe he just has weird fetishes...

Holy shit word travels fast; it took what, several months to get here?

That's one way of looking at it, I guess... Hey guys, your corpse is your legacy! My how it rots!

missed lines here? The jist is recoverable though I

aerodactyl does exist but this will go nowhere...

Kinda obliged to now dude...

you guess, huh?

We talked so long that guy let us by, holy crap

Useful to know that intuitive naming schemes are intuitive. It's possible that that's for languages with obliquer names though; some early, established translations were pretty bad (e.g. in German the move pound is Pfund - German for pound (sterling)).

And then... she gives us one of the most useful items in the game when used right. And a nuzlocke killer if used wrong, if only because it defeats whatever you're trying to capture. If a pokémon wearing rocky helmut is hit by a direct attack, the damage dealing pokémon recieves damage himself.

Something something lazy yugioh reference.

Decided to put it on Marushka for now. Think of it as a defense boost.

Welcome to route 9, ladies and gents.

Oh boy, rhyhorn riding power hour time

So what happens when you get on is the camera changes and everything controls off by 90° until you let go and restart. It's not that bad but really annoying when you try to turn rhyhorn for whatever reason.

Also no, rhyhorn's not in our party, for all we care it's a mine cart.

And... our encounter! A hippopotas! You'd think it a good source of potassium, but no

Ended up using a great ball because a pokéball wasn't doing the job.

It triggers Lead's naming scheme, so the mario character she's named for is the hippo from Mario Land 2, the one that helps you out with soap bubbles http://www.mariowiki.com/Hippo

What does a ground type desert hippo have to do with soap machines or Hafnium? Not much, but that's her name now.

Forks in paths, never spoons in paths, whatever would be a spork in a path I don't want to know

So rhyhorn knows rocksmash; just press a next to a rock and away it goes.

Oh hey, it's helioptile, the sneak peak pokémon from back before the generation was released. Basically they're electric types that do well on sun teams. Well, well is relative.

That ball had an X defense. Notice too how the field is rotated 90°? This is where you keep getting on only to get off only to get on because the camera keeps getting confused/confusing you.

Found the spork in the path guys

MIPS also reached level 21. Soon the whole team will be op...

Item up the up was parlyz heal, except it actually gets a full name in this gen now that the character limit's gone.

Down the path, carefully avoiding progress like the plague

Alright, a Tirili only fight

That's a cool name, holy shit

uh... bring a bug to a bird fight, ok... not complaining, but... really?

And... Tirili is officially overpowered... Oh fricking well

Got $16.79/€14.95 for our troubles!

Found this, cool... these things are the best ball in game after the master ball, so long as you're either playing at night or in a cave.

This ace trainer is really amazing. At least we don't have to ride rhydon back and forth forever

And we found one of these, not that we're probably going to use it.

Her dialog tho... hi, sarah? Or are you paxis?

Found a super repel, right before a cave... hmm...

Finally in Glistening Cave... or was it Glimmering? Glowing? Glittering

As you can see, we return to Lumiose controls, pain the butt. Also turns out some images got out of order despite me telling imgur not to do that again... so from now on hopefully they're right.

Another thing... Images are pretty dark and I played this early in the morning. A few of them I deleted because frankly you could see me and I did not look ok to see

Our encounter, ladies and gents

Real easy catch, real straightforward naming system - humanlike fighting type triggered Buttson's naming gimmick so Ma from machop and son from Buttson = Mason

If I ever need him, I'll evolve him through the GTS and pokébank

Back to the cave, my path through it is basically follow the right wall at all times

As you can see, it was pretty unneeded. But I didn't remember this place so whatever

At the end of the path, we found ourselves in a standard top down area, thank goodness... Missed the first pic because glare

So instead we got these nitwits

your motive makes less sense than usual

You know I remember the German version being them wanting to beautify the world, not make only them happy. It made more sense at least, the way I interpreted it. Of course I played through a thousand miles away from home, internet, in a hurry, so I guess I probably missed a lot.

Ayn Rand wants more angles, dumbass

Get burnt? Get rekt

Sure ya do

Gimme dat $11.51/€10.25

Female grunt... I guess

Poison against ground? Basically MIPS took it out in 2 turns, but turn 1 was yawn.

How about electric against normal! And Kishar was paralyzed.

Woke MIPS up because the woobat couldn't do much, and she OHKO'd it with return.

Oo, double battle. Good chance to exp the rest of the team!

Except Calem showed up going on about how he defeated my leftovers

What

So he joined. Threw out Espurr which was nice because enemy ai tried picking off the weakest link first (him).

After a few double kicks I switched in Marushka. They already slaughtered his poor Espurr and hit MIPS hard.

At $25.58/€22.78 at least they paid handsomely. They kept cheering after they lost too - despite their defeat animations. It was weird, but unfortunantly, glared.

Superbia or Avaricia? What is your sin? Vanitas, yes

Met scientist guy

who, um... woops

forgot my ID, couldn't check it, so I just went to random.org

If the number was even, go for the second. Otherwise, first.

It's even.

Sail fossil it is.

THE ROCK IS TALKING

no its Calem, scientist guy ran back to the lab.

Double Kick wasn't doing much, so I taught a tm over it. Decided to use this to clean out the place a little. Ended up getting nothing from any of the rocks barring a glarey Onix fight that MIPS was OP for.

Healed too.

On our way out I kept hugging the right wall, which led to a tm - shadow claw!

Shadow claw is a ghost type move that's everything cut should be - base 70 power, a higher crit rate. I feel like cut should also be part flying type like Hawlucha's signature move, but eh. Honestly if scaling is a problem you could make base attack linked to level or badges for the HM moves (eg at one badge, base 20, two badge, base 30, etc until base 90, or maybe make the power equal to something like log(level)*50*100/230 to get an equation that is tied to the level of the user, scales quickly but tapers off (log), has a sort of point of inflection at level 50, and is adjusted to not be insanely powerful (/2.3) you could get something that doesn't make a team member useless).

anyways

Hard stone. I believe this is rock's charcoal/mystic water/whatever, but I might be wrong. I recall them being money sources in gen V, like star pieces.

Back outta dodge

sllloooooowwwly making our way back, with rhyhorn under us

We're the daughter of a famous rhyhorn racer, remember? It's in our blood.

The guy we rescued without him even realizing we rescued him's sitting at the thingomotron incase we find fossils. And lo and behold, he gave us one. So he restored it and gave us an Amaura that I'll rename either next time I get to Lumiose or when I learn fly (so I can go to Camphrier).

So, finally, here's today's horde.

HafniumHippo the Hippopotas (say that 9 times fast),

Mason the Machop

Willbenamed the Amaura

And... that's it for today.

Next time, journey to Cyllage!

It's probably safe to pick numbers again for clothes by the way, sorry for being confusing.

Also, two questions - if we go on for a little while with no deaths, should I "retire" a team member (at least temporarily) to give others a shot? When would it be appropriate to do that?

And secondly, should I make the images even smaller, like 600x600?

Randumb bonus content!

Found this in my pocket I don't even know where it came from. It had to survive a couple washes which seems unlikely

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » June 8th, 2015, 8:24 pm

I vote 11 for fashion

Buttson

Postby Buttson » June 8th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Hell yeah best fighting type and worst fossil
Image Dicks

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » June 15th, 2015, 6:11 am

Yay, I now know who Kishar is :tbiggrin: !

(And here I was thinking Girtablilu was my only daughter-in-law...Tiamat, you have some 'splainin to do* :tangry: :tstick2: :theart: !)

(Also, I am the ultimate shitlord, for waiting this long :undecided: ...)

*This clause is to be read in I Love Lucy's Ricky's voice

EDIT: Okay, after quite some time of dodging the question, Tiamat finally explained it: basically, she disowned the children she had with Apsu when he was killed. Yeah, I can understand that; I've kinda cut off ties with one of my uncles (since he's an idiot).
Last edited by EarthPhantomTS on November 8th, 2015, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » June 16th, 2015, 10:22 am

Episode 12 - I like long walks on the Beach

Welcome back, folks!

Today we're gonna continue our adventures through to Cyllage

Album link:
http://imgur.com/a/WmT4z

Well, here we are in the Ambrette pkmn center, our team thus far.

If you recall, last time we went South East to the glittering cave and took care of some no-good-niks with batshit motivations. Now we can make actual progress on our badges, sort of.

To actually reach route 8's lower side, we have to go through the Aquarium. It's free - and like a lot of things in pkmn, it asks the question "what is supporting this economically". I mean if payday exists you have to wonder how the economies are even stable - how they got to post-scarcity is even crazier.

I found this observation pretty disturbing actually. It seems really cruel to trap pokémon in small areas like that. Real animals suffer but can enjoy the stability - pkmn seem like they'd like to run around and explore more. Then again pokéballs, but at the same time I guess I always assumed with the crazy technology they'd have more type appropriate simulated environments for their brains to relax in - like Amie's fields and berries.

Water? Hoenn confirmed guys!

Kids being kids... maybe. The kid on the left uses "wowzers" which I don't think people actually use, much less kids.

Yup. MegaKyogre for une.

As interface screwy as it is, I really liked the perspective shift here.

This guy has a lot to say - you could prolly guess what's gonna happen by the statue behind us

Old Rod Get!

Welcome to route 8! Again... Since we had an encounter above, I'm not going to get a second encounter this route... oh well.

Down the steps, there's this little area, which would be an awesome hiding spot for an item... but they didn't.

The sand's still doing that "here's your foot steps for 10 feet" thing, bretty brool

Actually down around is a secret path. Down's a few rocks to smash.

Rock smash can expose you to pokémon... but we already got that Amaura from the fossil lab. So, we needed to escape from, not catch, this poor little dwebble. It's ok though.

MIPS hit the limit... ok. I think the way I'm going to handle the limit is just to not use the pokémon unless I have to (like if I wanted to enter flying battle, I'd have to use Tirili). This also means I'd put stragglers up against type disadvantages potentially, and more of that heart-wrenching nuzlocke action that, let's face it, you're actually hear for.

Kalle took care of some rock types, and became our latest do not use.

This whole detour led to a pearl... they sell well at least.

Finally showing off that rod! When you stand before ea, you can cast the rod with the button. You then wait patiently until this pops up, and you press the button. Better rods can have you wait like 4 times for a hook, but the old rod generally gets something in 1.

And the pokémon you can catch generally aren't very great. Magikarp evolves into the mighty gyarados, but training it up can be annoying because Magikarp's gimmick is basically being useless. Luvdisc here isn't too great in battle, but you can use it to pick heart scales, which generally are used for move tutors.

You can use the rods to chain fish though - sit in the same space, don't move, and get lucky and antsy and keep hooking pokémon. Eventually, you'll have a high chance to hook a shiny - but I have a lot of trouble with this method mostly because I get uncomfortable quick.

Picked up items - apparently beaches wash up and hide a bunch of items. Though I might have actually found this breaking the rock.

This too - in fact now I'm sure of it - I was trying to find a pearl to imitate a pearl I found back where I fished.

More berries for my berry forest :P

And mercifully they give us the dowsing rod - we'll have to backtrack but not a crazy amount now.

This sounds like it's open to some jokes I don't generally make. Either something sexual or something ghostbusters or something sexbusters idk

You sure about that? ...this might be some kind of thing that doesn't translate too well from Japanese or something - the term might be more abstract or something...

...So, beach combing time!

Green is safe, Yellow is caution, Red is danger

Er, ah... Green is cool, yellow is warm, red is hot

cash, eh?

ew

Swimmer girl isn't much of a swimmer. And look at that amazing perspective - we're attachted to up east.

Genevieve! Kinwife in English

She got a bird, I got a bug... ok, obvious path to take

Rock moves

ummm noooo

Thankfully, Voracious missed. Had she not - she would have likely died that turn. So learning from my past mistakes (wut i know) I brought out a same typer for the resistence alone. Marushka ended up slamming the thing to death

Two turns tho

Duck scared me. I keep forgetting normal attacks hit psychic.

And... she's verboten as well.

kekeke

Where was she keeping that $5.45/€4.84?

I've been moving the amulet coin around... was healing up a little and decided what the hell I have many to spare why amn't I equipping these?

Bothered this guy you saw in Genevieve's picture.

Now's the time for rollout - rock against poison, that's awesome it's ground dumbass

Yes, this is smart...

Well, it worked, after like 3 hits...

Protect wasn't doing me much. Could work against like Norman but he's halfway around the poképlanet. So decided to go with a stab move.

At least I kept plowing through the rest though. A nice, rare rollout that went for like 6 turns in a row.

swiswish

swuswuish

sishish

shi shawwww

Wowee $17.24/€15.32 he's rich for a fisherman

And, of course

Voracious has evolved from a myripod to a crustecean! sensibel!

Yep... iron defense didn't really do much for me

Leaving Kishar exposed...

Another fisherman... return for 3hko

Confused myself and went for anceint power...

And yawned just in case

Is... is he calling us fat?

...This girl is Marissa! Pholtos infected us... And she wants to strip... Ok...

Bug birdy, pretty pretty

Guess what? Everyone's overleveled now... Ended up giving up on Take down.

Why don't you just borrow Patchouli's or something? I mean yeah she's probably grandma's one piece sort of yokai but whatever (I'm sorry I missed her name)

All this useless ass sign says...

See that tree? If you use like cut, slash, or similar cutting moves, it'll give you berries and whatnot. No where in the game does it explain that.

And with that, we're done battling for the day. Welcome to Cyllage city!

This is what it looks like. You might notice the giant circular path - this town could be called Cyclage city and it wouldn't mean anything. I guess this is where like .1% of the tour de Kalos takes place, so... yep. You gotta wonder how the tired keep traction in the sand though...

Picked up an ether in the sand. Nice.

See? Told ya this was Tour de Kalos land... also gotta question this guy's logic - the Gym leader bikes as a hobby, he's probably better than you at fighting if he's better at biking...

Walked into a Huis... we're in Franconia, right? Maybe it's a Ti, we could be in Brythonny

Anyways the houses in this Town tell you about all the different kinds of trading you can do - and this house gives you the legendary

Zachett
Sashey
Sashett
Cream gunk what evolves a thing we don't have

Thanks... I think your metaphor stetched a little...

Back outside I... started breaking rocks for the item chance... forgot this could happen, oh well, Dwebble's probably better than not.

She fit Lead or Alice's theme... went with Lead, but ran out of short metal names. Ended up just going with Hornblende - HornblendeHuckit in theory - a kind of metamorphic rock with a mario enemy that's a hermit crab that throws things...

Found a heart scale tho!

Strolls on the beach , how romantic

Decided to heal up because I didn't do that yet. And yes sometimes the camera randomly fucks to a new angle, it's pretty cool.

Well, here's our little Hornblende anyways, before I forget...

Useless comments. You'd kinda expect her to be like dreamworld lady and talk to use about things, but she isn't. She's just standing between the two guys...

I just want to point out that they let you buy balls more powerful than ultraballs this early for relatively cheap, but don't let you buy actual ultraballs...

Massages are advertised in various towns. Since it knows return, I went ahead and let her rub my snake

I don't know if that innuendo was worth it

More innuendo prone comments

10000... +1... ok game.

Well, we get a free bike anyways - after a pointless, forgettable quiz.

I went with Green because I went with Gelbe with Calem... Varieté

Um... sure...

Well, if you painted them red with lightning stripes, sure...

It blurrs the screen!

Out here was a nice little quiz thing... What status does Swagger inflict, what berry heals the status condition swagger inflicts... Won some persim berries to add to our collection...

She recommends using swagger on a teammate holding a persim for double battles - which almost makes you not want to use it... It'd be better just to use something like the assault vest anyways...

She sells soda by the seashore... I don't know why but I didn't buy any even though they're better than potions for the cash... I think I was thinking about actual soda, and didn't want fuzzy teeth feeling or sugar headaches because I think I'm diabetic... um.... yeah.

*finally* in a boutique. Iso voted 11 which isn't a number so I modulated it by five. And Iso voted for 4 so I went with four as well, only because it was just one item.

High albedo purse

And beachwear because it's fucking hot out.

Here's how we look - if you're going blind

Up the hill, we meet this nice enough guy. We get another bad hm that shouldn't really exist but w/e, and we can't use it till we beat him... well, we have a goal... for next episode.

Down these hoenn platforms we find an x-defense... so many x-items I might not even use...

The gym does not look like a gym and this gave me a half a problem in my first playthrough

And then there's this - shortcut to the shortcut that we tried to take but we couldn't get through...

Excersise encouragement! Good, well... You should know that I'm like ten and biking around France, so cut me some slack please???

Super steep things and items... euch...

VERY DANGEROUS HUMP AFTER SUPER STEEP HILL
and an item

More money!

A hotel could be a nice place to sleep, I wonder what's in here

He gives rest, which is really nice.

And his companion gives a nice complementary TM

Sinnoh confirmed people

Ooh, fatumknoten... It's said to bind lovers in a way that yields genetic engineering possibilities... He wanted to bang lady

uhhn

Maybe I'll just sleep in the pkmn center...

Welp... here's our team.

Idea though, everyone - Since I'm building up an army and since I don't expect to lose many any time soon, I thought we could try something, like

vote out X teammember, vote in living boxed monday

Suggest one of each

We don't have to (we can keep our kickass team as is), but we have

Snorson the Snorlax - Abulabbaz the Combee - Dobson the Smeargle - Zubayta the Zubat - Isonitrilate the Drifloon - HafniumHippo the Hippopotas - Mason the Machop - {will be named} the Amaura - Hornblende the Dwebble

To choose from, if you like

Here's your fortunes guys

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » June 16th, 2015, 8:10 pm

I think I laughed more than I should have at albedo purse

Also I dunno, the team seems fine as is to me? Like I don't know who I'd vote off because they all have their uses. Maybe just start playing horribly :keepo:

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » July 8th, 2015, 3:33 am

13a and 13b are uploaded to the imgur but computer has been shit and im off on a trip to oregon (and maybe washington?) soon anyways so sorry but this is/has been on mini hiatus

hopefully I'll work something out by like auguste or something but for now mi lp is frozen, sorry

um... sage

<tovakj> yes

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » July 8th, 2015, 4:19 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:im off on a trip to oregon (and maybe washington?)

Why would you want to go some place that's having a bad heat wave?
💙💙💙

Return to “LP Smackdown 20-0-10”