Suddenly...Sonic?

The fabled art of 'let's play' is nigh tangible here. Got an LP you're just itching to share? Or maybe you just want to make snarky comments about someone's bad playing? That kind of thing goes here!
Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Re: Suddenly...Sonic?

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 27th, 2015, 4:32 am

from what ive been told speed is a helluva drug
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 27th, 2015, 7:34 am

just getting around to sonic videos between working on my music

but

the circus music is "thunder and blazes" or "entry of the gladiators" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5csNO3oMrQ

It was written by Julius Fučík https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Fu ... omposer%29

He wrote like a bajillion marches and patriotic songs; he's known as the bohemian (basically, Czech) Sousa (Sousa wrote a lot of music you'd expect to hear highschool marching bands play).

Also, a different circus music that's stereotypical is Aram Khachaturian's Sabre Dance from the Gayanne Suite - a ballet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqg3l3r_DRI

I used to get them confused a lot; then I sort of realized KhachaturIAN and wondered why I didn't know anything about this Armenian composer other than the Sabre dance despite living in a town with a very strong Armenian culture
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 27th, 2015, 7:40 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:just getting around to sonic videos between working on my music

but

the circus music is "thunder and blazes" or "entry of the gladiators" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5csNO3oMrQ

It was written by Julius Fučík https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Fu ... omposer%29

He wrote like a bajillion marches and patriotic songs; he's known as the bohemian (basically, Czech) Sousa (Sousa wrote a lot of music you'd expect to hear highschool marching bands play).

Also, a different circus music that's stereotypical is Aram Khachaturian's Sabre Dance from the Gayanne Suite - a ballet

I used to get them confused a lot; then I sort of realized KhachaturIAN and wondered why I didn't know anything about this Armenian composer other than the Sabre dance despite living in a town with a very strong Armenian culture

Ugh...now I know who to blame for my least favorite song in Sonic 3...I literally hate that song so much, it's the only one that I'd take the invincibility music from being Super over :tangry: .

Though now it feels somehow "wrong" to hate it, since the composer is dead :undecided: .
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 27th, 2015, 7:42 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:
Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:just getting around to sonic videos between working on my music

but

Ugh...now I know who to blame for my least favorite song in Sonic 3...I literally hate that song so much, it's the only one that I'd take the invincibility music from being Super over :tangry: .

Though now it feels somehow "wrong" to hate it, since the composer is dead :undecided: .

Wagner's dead, and he was basically a nazi

<tovakj> yes

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario
Location: IDK I think it was like a pocket dimension or somethin

Postby Lead Luigi » April 27th, 2015, 7:42 pm

Michael Jackson is also dead, and as we all know, he was totally the only composer for Sonic 3, no one else was involved whatsoever :kappa:
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » April 28th, 2015, 4:24 am

Cutscenes where time is still ticking are the worst, especially where they're close to a minute long!

Plus 3 bosses, but details... 
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

Buttson

Postby Buttson » April 28th, 2015, 5:56 am

Lead Luigi wrote:Michael Jackson is also dead, and as we all know, he was totally the only composer for Sonic 3, no one else was involved whatsoever :kappa:

Man how have I never heard about the shenanigans behind this game's soundtrack? The Jetzons kick ass.
Image Dicks

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » April 28th, 2015, 9:34 am

Lead Luigi wrote:Michael Jackson is also dead, and as we all know, he was totally the only composer for Sonic 3, no one else was involved whatsoever :kappa:

Indeed. I like how they "mash up" the music to songs that Michael wrote- even after the game was released. The Credits theme is actually Stranger in Moscow. And Sonic 3 came First. Hydrocity is a remix of Bad. And Bad came first. You're actually very correct in this.

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » April 28th, 2015, 9:52 am

Hey Iso, I noticed that you Game Over'd and had to restart Act 2. Well this is because you started the Act after having 3 lives and 0 pts (fromt he restart of the game). No duh right?

Well, remember that level in Mario? Level 3-1? Where at the end those koopas are tripping down the stair-stepping goal flag ladder? Know how you can  beat the crap out of the shell to drain it of  extra lives? Well, you can do the same thing in Sonic. So, if you're feeling a bit Cheatish, and want to have 99 lives (retail value $59.95 DLC), then all you have to do is  Jump on a turtle shell without touching the ground like, 10 times. But since Sonic doesn't have Turtle Shells, you'll have to bust badnicks. The same Mario mechanic is in the game. But "touching" the ground resets the point-booster. You can actually sit inside the alarm to summon 2 sentry birds. They'll home in. So, use your spin-dash, and you'll never leave the ground, so, in code, you'll never trigger that you touched the ground after killing a badnick. Go past the first alarm station, then backtrack (to scroll the screen), then sit in the trigger and Spindash for 10 minutes  to gain 99 lives. Who needs DLC these days? Once you do this, you'll die (due to time out) but you'll have like, 99 dudes.

Hope that helps!
-18C

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 29th, 2015, 7:41 pm

is it particularly weird if tails is actually my favorite sanik character?

<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 30th, 2015, 12:40 pm

its pronounced "lee chee" not "lai chee"

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » April 30th, 2015, 10:20 pm

ok, sure english

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 30th, 2015, 10:44 pm

Isocitration wrote:ok, sure english

Actually, I'm wrong apparently

Laichee is its Cantonese pronunciation, Litchi is its Mandarin. I've only ever known the latter.

for reference: Chinese: 荔枝; pinyin: lì zhī; Jyutping: lai6 zi1; Nepali and Hindi: लीची

(note: Pinyin based systems use b/d/g/j/z for the unaspirated consonants, the Mandarin is roughly lee chr whereas the Jyutping is roughly lai-ts)

<tovakj> yes

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario

Postby Lead Luigi » May 1st, 2015, 12:32 pm

Iso, Lava Reef is the last full zone of the game,  the next two are really short, one act zones. 
Just a heads up if you want to finish next time.
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 1st, 2015, 4:03 pm

"We're playing the hanky panky with the worm sanders"

????

wat

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » May 1st, 2015, 9:50 pm

I think I meant to make a Twinmold reference, but somehow that came out instead!

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » May 2nd, 2015, 9:43 am

Okay. Long-post mcGee here.

Sooo, I just saw your video. According to my childhood, Sonic 3 & Knuckles was a game known only as Sonic & Knuckles. Sonic CD was a game known as Sonic 3. But you know- planning.

So due to time, and Nintendo constantly killing it in Donkey Kong Country sales, Sega was pressed to release a Christmas game. So They put out what they had (current day Sonic 3), released a rushed commercial failure (sonic CD) which tied into the plot with some cartoon-script re-writing, and then returned attention to the rest of the story which we know as Sonic & Knuckles. The Actual physical cartridge released in stores was like a Nintendo 64DD... You know what I'm talking about, right? Like a Game Shark for an N64? or like a Game Genie? It was a stand-alone game which you could also load in other Sega cartridges into the top. The game, starved of it's content due to Sonic3, used up the remaining memory space to read from the cartridge and allow Knuckles to be a playable character in each of those games.

This allowed you to play as Knuckles in Sonic 1 and 2 so's long as you had those cartridges. This is also why SOnic 3 had seecret Knuckles-only paths. Originally, you couldn't play as Knuckles. You could play as Sonic, Tails, or Sonic&Tails. Knuckles was planned, but Diddy's Kong Quest (I think this was the game) forced them to remove that aspect entirely for a commercial hit.

Story: Sonic is sonic. Eggman is eggman. Eggman needs tiny little animals to power his machines. They have hamster wheels in them. Animals are an exotic power source. Sonic is waaay past cool. He stops them. END SONIC 1.

Story: Oh that Eggman. Now his pollution is causing problems everywhere. Looks like he animal-napped more animals to power his weird slave machines to stop sonic and his planeteering buddy, Tails... Ironically a mutant. He uses his curse... *pauses*... gift to help Sonic. Go go, awesome Tails and Sonic team. END SONIC 2

Story: Hey! Eggman here. I have heard of a new power source. A source of unlimited power. Power. Power... The MASTER emerald. But the master emerald is guarded by this red-headed irish echidna with an attitude. Hey Knuckles, See that Blue Hedgehog? He is trying to steal your master emerald. He builds robots, and tries to smash things. Get him. Enter Sonic -> Bizzamm! Knuckles: "I'll take your emeralds and hide them in a complex, blue-sphere gathering puzzle bonus zone that is so hard, and so complex, that Isocitration cannot solve it... further more, I'll hide like 87 on each stage, but Iso will never find but one or two. Seriously. You can get up to Super Sonic by the end of Angel island... but oh well. Hyeah, hyeah, hyeah". Eggman: Good work Knuckles. We're pals. Hey! It's me, Sonic, and I'm waay past cool! The Egg carrier is launching. If this launches Eggman will be able to attack the planet where the time faries live in Sonic CD. We have to stop him. *clash* he's stopped. You're too Slow! *spinning buzzsaw sound* END OF SONIC 3

Story: Oh no, Eggman has made a metal sonic. Metal sonic is hurting the frikkin time faries, trying to stop me from ever interfering with him. I have to follow him through stinkin' time to get him. Make a good future in the zones! Go Go Sonic... Use your speed. Who is Tails suddenly? Why is Amy here for that matter. Dr. Eggman made a metal sonic! Smash'n'bash. You win. The Egg machine is officially down. Diddy's Kong Quest is kind of interfering with us making this new disc drive, so we'll release this part of the story later. END OF SONIC CD

Story: Ah. Sonic is supposedly dead and I'm doing fine all alone, being me... Knuckles. Oh noooo- a bomb. *ba-chooo!* Who's there? Robotnik? He looks like Eggman. What's going on! This is the official enemy of the Sonic Cartoon! Why so late in the series is Robotnik to appear? He's smashinc up angel island! Something has happened! Mecha Sonic? He's using the Master Emerald to power Up! Hey ugly! Get off my Island! Oh no! WIthout the master emerald, angel island can no longer "magically* fly (note: Magic is simply areo-diphambiant technology). *Crash into the ocean* BAD ENDING OF SONIC AND KNUCKLES

Story: Hey! Sonic Here! Waaaay past cool!  What? Sonic? Alive? Here? Eggman said he makes robots. He must have made Dr. Robotnik. He's after my master emerald! I must protect the master emerald, while fighting Dr. Robotnik and Mecha Sonic! (see above). I must stop sonic's progress. We fight. Sonic wins. I'm stupid. Oh... Eggman lied? And now Sky sanctuary is overrun with Robotnik robot clones? I will suddenly help you. What's this? Eggman is a liar? No freaking way! wth eggman!? Put the heck back my master Emerald! *zappidy-zappidy-zap* Sonic: "Staaaand back! *buzzsaw sound*" Boomph- biff. We beat Eggman. Sorry about your island. Eggman ran off with your emerald. But at least you murdered mecha sonic with your fists. Okay. Bye  OK ENDING OF SONIC AND KNUCKLES

Story: Hey! Sonic Here! Waaay past cool! I did all that junk just now, but I also had all the chaos emeralds! That means I can  go into outer space, and fight a fleeing Eggman. Whoo! I'm strong enough to get your emerald back. Oh no... I'm out of power and dead... free-falling. Tails: I Got You Bro! I also have a hookshot out the back of my plane for the Emerald! Lets drop this off at Angel Island. Look! It flashed white and it's lifting back up... up into the sky.

Knuckles, looking on: Oh. I guess Eggman was a stupid liar after all, and Sonic was actually... good. I'm so lonely. Credits 
GOOD ENDING OF SONIC AND KNUCKLES

Story:  Boy oh boy. Sonic 1 through 3 was litterally like 2 days. Time for a vacation. Oh no- It's Eggman again! Time to fire up the dream cast- because now he's after the chaos emeralds as a power source- a power source to release the perfect chaos. Oh noooo someone bashed up the master emerald into peices. Angel island is back down on the ground. Eggman: "Dude, Knuckles... it was Sonic." Gulible Knuckle-head: "I'll KILL that Sonic The HedgeHog! Aarguh!". Also, little cute chubby chao babbies. Sonic, use all the emerald to defeat Chaos. And Tikal was there also somehow. Rouge the Bat was there too... she wanted the Master emerald peices. Like, alot of side-story stuff was going on here. But in the end, Sonic used the power of Chaos Emerald to kill off the Chaos dragon demon. The end.  END OF SONIC ADVENTURE

Story: Huh! I'm Evel Shadow! Sonic: Faker! Shadow: Yeah? well-  I'm a mysterous sonic character with no memory. Apparently I'm a robot or something. Oh yeah, Gamma is self aware, and Big the Cat lost his frog... and Rouge and Knuckles are punching each other in the face... And Amy is running around getting in the way... A lot of side story nonsense is going on. But in the end, some chick named Maria is the key to Shadow's past- something about sacrifice to save the universe. SO using the power of the Chaos emeralds and love, lets defeat the ark station and bring peace to the universe. Eggman: I might try being good for a change. (it doesn't stick)  END OF SONIC ADVENTURE 2

It goes on, and on...  Silver wants to kill Sonic because he hurts the future- or so one thinks ,  Eggman wants to kidnap a girl because she's a princess, and Sonic a'int havin' none of that ,  Sonic 06 - the excuse to make a Sonic game ,  Sonic as a Knight ,  Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles who stopped caring about the island go to stop eggman one more time from unleashing hell-evil with the chaos emeralds (I actually thought  Sonic Heroes  was actually kinda fun ^_^), and  time-eggman who is actually referenced as robotnik tries to crash Sonic's birthday as he turns like, 25 or something. . Oh,.. then there's the  Sonic Boom, Rise of Sonic 06 2 , and you're mostly caught up.

You didn't read any of this did you...?
-18C

Rumia

Postby Rumia » May 2nd, 2015, 4:43 pm

EighteenCharacters wrote:This allowed you to play as Knuckles in Sonic 1 and 2 so's long as you had those cartridges.

Locking on Sonic 1 just gave you Blue Sphere, which was a set of over 100 million special stages. That number isn't an exaggeration.

Will you cover the Knuckles' path on the Sonic 3 side? There are a number of differences from the standard path.

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario

Postby Lead Luigi » May 2nd, 2015, 4:54 pm

I wouldn't mind Iso doing a Blue Sphere Bonus episode, he could use it as an update video to talk about plans when Classic Sonic is over. And it would be fun to see him attempt random special stages xP
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » May 3rd, 2015, 12:32 pm

Iso, Protip-alert.
Your game has inputs that you have probably mapped to your controller. Well, it also carries more inputs than just your controller. If you have 2 controllers plugged into your usb, or a keyboard, why not map player 2? That way you can control tails AND sonic. This will come in helpful in later levels... Mainly, if you fall "down" in traditional sonic style (stay on the upper path), you can use Tails (keyboard) to fly, jump Sonic (controller) INTO tails, and tails will carry sonic wherever he needs to go.

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » May 4th, 2015, 11:04 am

I'm absolutly loving this playthrough- and I don't know why.

Anyway, you had the right idea in the Bonus stage- if you walked around the outside of the massive pit of blue spheres, they would ALL turn into rings. But along the way, you ditched out of the path, and couldn't get it because you cut off the blue spheres from each other by changing one into a red sphere. The coding checks for blue spheres with all red spheres around it ( essentially you can't walk into it) so it and the red spheres turn itno rings.

Also, with the slot-machine bonus game, you will get a few slots then fight to exit. Have you ever thought of just- rag-dolling your controller? Just to see what would happen? Where you'd end up after you have had your fill of rings? I've always found the bonus games more fun that way.

Thirdly, on the electro-sphere bonus games, the magneto-spheres are momentium based. They loop around and you can change your direction with left and right. When you jump, jump as you start to rise from the bottom of the sphere for an extra boost (needed to reach up higher). After that, it's a matter of collecting sheilds and rings. I won't spoil what happens when you get to the top, but everyone who knows what happens who is reading this is chuckling at me not telling you right now.

Cryptic enough?
-18C

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » May 4th, 2015, 11:08 am

The Lovely Rumia wrote:Will you cover the Knuckles' path on the Sonic 3 side? There are a number of differences from the standard path.

This would be a spoiler post at best... If Iso, in pure iso form, should desire Sonic3 in Hard Mode, when he is done with the story, he could possibly play through Sonic 3 as Knuckles. All the paths (Like the rock path at the end of the burning angel island) are Knuckles paths. Knuckle paths are super hard... and saying that in and of itself is a spoiler.

But the story is similar to the Sonic side, just from SOnic's POV rather than Knuckles...

Cheers,
-18C

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 5th, 2015, 8:18 am

totally kyle was the shit

shame drake bell is such a goddamn tool

or amanda went all lohan

<tovakj> yes

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » May 5th, 2015, 1:07 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:totally kyle was the shit

shame drake bell is such a goddamn tool

or amanda went all lohan

That is the best haiku I've red all day.

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » May 5th, 2015, 1:53 pm

Dear, The Iso. I don't mean to insult, but rather encourage. When you see tiny black holes in the wall, there is a special stage there beyond. I know, I know- your game not mine... Maybe it's my foreknowledge of the game which is making me all "gyahh" when watching your videos.

Here are the bonus stages you missed- JUST on video, less than 1/8th of a screen away.
Alabaster Terrace Zone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLAZQZauDNI

0:56 Spindash to the box- had you not pulled back, you would have busted through. You're supposed to find these things easy, but you somehow cause yourself to play suuuper cautiously and miss it hilariously. You missed one in under a minute :D And that's with the loading screen!
2:10 Spindash the Speed shoes and accidentally find a hidden area. That's how the 90's kids did it!
3:58 Run your top against the left wall. This gains you height. And you are forced to find the special stage- but there may be spikes! So Iso pulls back last second... Can't be too cautious. (and that's not the only bonus in the area... The place where you mentioned super cool people holds yet another one)
6:25 To the left at the apex. Also, the reason sometimes you "stop" is because you're holding down. Sonic is an auto runner- you should hold "run". You mention the Bonus games- those are based upon the color of the stars around the checkpoint. If you wait for the stars to go from red to blue, the bonus game will change as well, but be quick! once it changes it will soon disappear. Also, if you have 40 rings, the first game will be the "slots". If you have 50, the first will be the gumball bumper, and if you have 60 (these are ranges by the way) you will get the electroball. If you wait before jumping in, however (if I remember correctly) they will change just as they are closing, and you can jump in at the last second and get the second game in the order. Thus if you have 40 rings and wait, you'll get the electroball, and if you have 50 and wait, you'll get the slots, and if you have 60 and wait, you'll get the gumball bumper. The bonus powerups at the end of the stage are awarded for the sign landing in the "correct spot", not how many times you juggle it. Cool tip: on Angel Island Act 1, get the fire sheild at the end, go to the right of the screen, Hold sown a spindash and wait. The boss will auto-die, and be unable to hurt you (fire boss) the sign will fall over the boss, and award you a bubble sheild every time.
11:28 Everything said no, but you said yes.
16:45 Waaaait. Got it.

These are just the ones you passed by on screen. As you see, you're not terrible, and get about a third of them... but practice makes perfect, and you'd probably want more than fewer. It's a subtle thing you probably didn't notice about the terrain, and I thought to point it out. Each bonus room has an entryway- and in Marble Garden it's signified by crumbling wall debris (the little black squares) transitioning into the hidden stages.

*buzzsaw sound*
-18C

Rumia

Postby Rumia » May 5th, 2015, 5:53 pm

If you want to avoid the slots: you can tell which bonus game you're getting beforehand by the colour of the sparkles.  Orange for slots, red for disco death shaft, grey for gumball machine . (Spoilered in case you want to figure it out for yourself)

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » May 5th, 2015, 8:46 pm

Rumia wrote:If you want to avoid the slots: you can tell which bonus game you're getting beforehand by the colour of the sparkles.  Orange for slots, red for disco death shaft, grey for gumball machine . (Spoilered in case you want to figure it out for yourself)

Wait, really?! I never knew that! Also, I like the "rotating casino" one cause it's my only real chance to get continues :undecided: (anyone who reminds me that you can get continues from the Special Stages is getting a clobbering from my oversized futa-dick :tangry: ...)
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » May 6th, 2015, 1:27 am

Ugh, finally done with updating the thread up to today's video. I really don't want to do this anymore, but I know I've got to.

Also, spoiler, I didn't even watch all the Sonic 2 episodes yet :tsad2:.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 6th, 2015, 1:37 am

Is it possible for mods to "de-own" a post? So that anyone with an account can edit it? We only got like 20 people here, I feel like we could go all honour system google docs on it and whoever's seen the latest can add it

<tovakj> yes

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » May 6th, 2015, 2:01 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:Is it possible for mods to "de-own" a post? So that anyone with an account can edit it? We only got like 20 people here, I feel like we could go all honour system google docs on it and whoever's seen the latest can add it

That's not possible unfortunately. Iso, Zero, or myself can edit any post however. Though in the case of this LP it would be narrowed down to just Iso really. Zero's been really busy so he's not around much at the moment and I'm not watching this lp, though I could handle the thread's op if Iso doesn't feel like it.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 6th, 2015, 2:04 am

Mh.. Well, it's up to Earth ultimately, I thimk

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » May 6th, 2015, 2:42 am

Uh, yeah I can update the thread. I don't usually check the OP so I wouldn't have even known it was behind, though I didn't really think it would be an issue. I might forget to do it though.

I should also really get around to making a playlist(s?) for these videos as well.

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario

Postby Lead Luigi » May 6th, 2015, 4:05 am

For the playlist it could be *insert symbol here* -Classic Sonic Games.
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » May 6th, 2015, 4:34 am

Wow I have a new unfavorite doom barrel. I spend like 45 minutes trying to figure it out on the first playthrough, and now that I know how, it specifically does not work on that particular one right at the beginning of Act 1. I was about to lose my mind until I googled it and found out it's a Knuckles only path or something.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » May 6th, 2015, 4:52 am

Alice wrote:
Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:Is it possible for mods to "de-own" a post? So that anyone with an account can edit it? We only got like 20 people here, I feel like we could go all honour system google docs on it and whoever's seen the latest can add it

That's not possible unfortunately. Iso, Zero, or myself can edit any post however. Though in the case of this LP it would be narrowed down to just Iso really. Zero's been really busy so he's not around much at the moment and I'm not watching this lp, though I could handle the thread's op if Iso doesn't feel like it.

Yeah, I knew that would be an issue.

Isocitration wrote:Uh, yeah I can update the thread. I don't usually check the OP so I wouldn't have even known it was behind, though I didn't really think it would be an issue. I might forget to do it though.

I should also really get around to making a playlist(s?) for these videos as well.

Hoo, sounds like you have the same issues I do with letting all this back up. It's okay, I'll try to continue. It's only one more game, after all (and you're already a quarter of the way through it). Just as long as you get on those playlists, alright?

Buttson

Postby Buttson » May 7th, 2015, 3:03 am

I'm surprised Sega didn't catch hell for not having any warnings about Carnival Night Zone causing Clown Madness, I can only imagine the hordes of kids decked out in rad early 90's shorts honking themselves into comas.

Dicks

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » May 7th, 2015, 3:10 am

It's tough when you're trying to learn a Special Stage via finding hidden Jumbo rings. So, I'll spoil the solution for you. For the last emerald, when you start the bonus game,  don't leave yourself a path to backtrack (which is ultra smart.. not even I thought about doing that!) Rather consider the "rooms". Each "room" has a 16-sphere clearance which turns into rings, and a 2x2 "doorway". Each room is connected by a "hallway", and each room has 2 "exits". Does this make sense? So consider, if you enter a room, you should go ahead and close off the one exit, do the deal in the middle of the room, collect the rings from the blue spheres[optional], then exit that room through the one remaining exit. If you do this, you can never enter a room with one exit- because all rooms ONLY have 2 exits. If you take this advice, you would never have to manage which "room" you've been in, because the linear fashion of the round special stage, takes you in one through one exit and out through another.  Is any of this making any sense? I know I'm a bit esccentric with my Temporal Paradox Theories and whatnot, but hopefully, should you choose to spoil the last special stage (as this spoiler says how to beat it), it makes sense.

Also, the  **TWO**  special stages in Ice Cap zone Act one is  just past the slow-moving spike-ball enemy. Don't hit the switch encased in ice! Rather walk into the wall. After the special stage, hit the switch. You'll fall, fall, and fall... looping around in labyrnth zone fashion. When you do, time your jump to the right-wall. You'll find your second special stage there. 

You're on your own for Act 2 :-)

cheers,
-EighteenCharacters

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 7th, 2015, 3:42 am

I feel like linking these

Shmorky's pretty good

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » May 7th, 2015, 4:02 am

...Are we sure Sonic is a hedgehog?

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » May 7th, 2015, 4:21 am

Isocitration wrote:...Are we sure Sonic is a hedgehog?

I for one never have been

<tovakj> yes

Return to “LP Smackdown 20-0-10”