Suddenly...Sonic?

The fabled art of 'let's play' is nigh tangible here. Got an LP you're just itching to share? Or maybe you just want to make snarky comments about someone's bad playing? That kind of thing goes here!
EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Suddenly...Sonic?

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 17th, 2015, 12:03 am

Apparently, with the controller issues Iso is having, he randomly made a Sonic video. Since, you know, those games only require one button to play.

Expected Video Content

Now, I'm making this thread because I want to encourage Iso to continue playing the Sonic games. Sign here if you agree.

EDIT: Alright, seems he's actually doing this!

Sonic 1 Stuffs:

Hen Grille Zone
Ramble Zone
Raspy Grind Zone
Halt Briny Zone
Slat Girth Zone
Ribs Can Rap Zone (oh sure, he comes up with a punny title!)
Pi Scale Stages
Sonic 1 Bonus: Pointless Hill Zone

Sonic 2 Stuffs:

Her Lead Mill Zone
Napalm Chiclet Zone
Quaint Curia Zone
Aching to Sin Zone
Hot Pill Zone
Evict Ms Cay Zone
Aeon Coil Zone
Le Impostor Zone
Worst Fingers Zone
Nicer Soups

Sonic CD Stuffs:

Prime Placenta Zone
Son Is Alcoholic Zone
Dampest Title Zone
Quart and Quartz Zone
Wacky Brown Heck Zone
Sturdy Pasta Weeds Zone
S.S. Lancet Dilemma Zone
Treepanic Palm Area
Chaosion Collis District
Tidest Tempal Sector
Quadquartz Rant Quarter
Benchwacky Work Place
Duststar Wayspeed Realm
Madlic Metalness Neighborhood

Sonic 3 And Knuckles Stuffs:

(Tails-only Sonic 3 run)

Slang Denial Zone
Icy Dry Hot Zone
Blander Gamer Zone
Nirvana Glitch Zone
Ace Pic Zone
Sauna Belch Zone

(Knuckles S&K run)

Hurl Ohm Limos Zone
Flattery By Gin Zone
Oops Island Zone
Lave Fear Zone

(S3&K with Sonic and Tails)

Seraphic Landmass Zone
H2Opolis Zone
Alabaster Terrace Zone
Fair Evening Zone
Snowhead Zone
Dispatch Depot Zone
Fungal Knoll Zone
Aerial Artillery Zone
Grainville Zone
Pahoehoe Shelf Zone
Obscured Heavenly Ovum Apocalypse Zone
Unique Course

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-pulprxuNg1moSSxCMbIxsthOEZYy-k7
Last edited by EarthPhantomTS on June 6th, 2016, 11:24 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

Alice
⦂☽

Re: Suddenly...Sonic?

Postby Alice » March 17th, 2015, 1:15 am

I sign here to disagree.
💙💙💙

spitznagl

Postby spitznagl » March 17th, 2015, 1:56 am

Only one button? He could play the first gba warioware then.

Doesn't Sonic have a second button for a homing air dash attack?

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 17th, 2015, 2:21 am

spitznagl wrote:Only one button? He could play the first gba warioware then.

Doesn't Sonic have a second button for a homing air dash attack?

Not in the Genesis games. Not at all.

Also, as for the Warioware game, I guess I'll just have to take your word for it. Maybe he could play that tomorrow if he doesn't have a new controller by then? I wouldn't mind seeing it, actually.

Alice wrote:I sign here to disagree.

Well I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then. To be honest, I'm not one for these Kaizo clones. Not really :undecided: . I always find them a bit tedious to watch, when I'm not getting into the sadism aspect of them. Though Iso's editing standards help a lot.
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » March 17th, 2015, 2:25 am

If all else phails post sainku at its sanikuest/saniküßt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UBG74-eEBM
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Rumia

Postby Rumia » March 17th, 2015, 2:30 am

Huh. I was having a classic Sonic craving just yesterday.

The copy-pasting is because levels are assembled with large chunks of geometry rather than using individual tiles. Though that doesn't excuse object placements being samey. The sequels are better at hiding it at least.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 17th, 2015, 2:38 am

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Well I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then. To be honest, I'm not one for these Kaizo clones. Not really :undecided: . I always find them a bit tedious to watch, when I'm not getting into the sadism aspect of them. Though Iso's editing standards help a lot.

We probably have very differing opinions on Sonic in general anyways. Sonic has never been a series I've been remotely interested in and the few times I've played any of the games (well more than a few since one of my friends is a huge Sonic fan) I didn't remotely enjoy them.

I don't mind things that aren't near-kaizo difficulty. Just certain games in particular and Sonic just so happens to be a series of those games. Just means if it becomes an LP it's one I'll have to pass on unfortunately.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » March 17th, 2015, 2:46 am

I don't know if you could tell but it seems like the sonic I'm most drawn to is the most horrible. But I do appreciate the good ones too.

I enjoy the early games before the plots got stupid and their soundscapes, and I enjoyed sonic rush. Colors and Generations weren't bad from what I can tell either.

I'd say I'm neutral. But I'd rather really good (sonic 3, sonic rush) or reeaallly bad (06), not as much the simply mediocres (rush 2, or like sonic and the black knight or something).
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » March 17th, 2015, 3:07 am

Considering starting a second lp for this, since Gah's probably gonna end up being an every-other-day ordeal anyway!
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 17th, 2015, 3:27 am

Isocitration wrote:Considering starting a second lp for this, since Gah's probably gonna end up being an every-other-day ordeal anyway!

Having it as a B-side might be nice, since Alice said she wouldn't be interested, and I just said I'm not really much for the Kaizo hacks (unless I'm feeling sadistic, of course :twink: ).

Though, obviously, it's your decision, not mine :tsmile: :theart: .

Jolpengammler
Jipples the Friendly Dog

Postby Jolpengammler » March 17th, 2015, 6:17 am

Seems fine to me even though I don't like sonic that much xD (I just don't want to completely destroy you. you need to survive for 1.5 years to play gah 3 then)
Isocitration wrote:I will take my clothes off now

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » March 17th, 2015, 6:57 am

Jolpengammler wrote:Seems fine to me even though I don't like sonic that much xD (I just don't want to completely destroy you. you need to survive for 1.5 years to play gah 3 then)

That joke in the raocow video

Satan you had me scared

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » March 17th, 2015, 7:34 am

Jolpe actually has up to Gah 6 finished, but since I need a long time to recuperate he releases them a couple years apart. :mcool:

jolpe finish the jipples so the rickles can play it 

Buttson

Postby Buttson » March 17th, 2015, 9:56 am

I've actually never seen a sonic LP, I never liked the (2d) games so I never bothered, are there hacks?
Image Dicks

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » March 17th, 2015, 1:59 pm

EarthPhantomTS wrote:Having it as a B-side might be nice, since Alice said she wouldn't be interested, and I just said I'm not really much for the Kaizo hacks (unless I'm feeling sadistic, of course :twink: ).

Though, obviously, it's your decision, not mine :tsmile: :theart: .

It's actually not too big a deal if I have to skip an LP anyways. It wouldn't be the first time I've done so (I've done so with raocow before, this would actually be the first time since subscribing to Iso though), I just thought I'd voice my thoughts is all.

Also a little surprised I actually made as much sense as I did. I'd taken some melatonin so I was kinda half asleep plus I was out of it like half of yesterday because apparently it's allergy season now. (Yay...)
💙💙💙

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 17th, 2015, 2:00 pm

Buttson wrote:I've actually never seen a sonic LP, I never liked the (2d) games so I never bothered, are there hacks?

There are hacks...but not nearly as many as for SMW. Sonic 1 Megamix is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that actually changes the levels: Be warned: as they said in an update, the most recent version is 4.0b, and it's not exactly "stable" either.

Frozelar

Postby Frozelar » March 17th, 2015, 11:29 pm

Buttson wrote:I've actually never seen a sonic LP, I never liked the (2d) games so I never bothered, are there hacks?

http://www.sonicretro.org is basically central place for a lot of Sonic fan-related things.
There are plenty of fangames and romhacks there. But a lot of other neat-o things take place there too!

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 19th, 2015, 1:07 am

So, apparently Iso's really going back into the Second Reality. I'm excited, as you can probably imagine :tbiggrin:!

You know, I wonder how many times Iso will drown in Labyrinth Zone before he figures out the trick. Should I explain it? Meh, I guess I can spoiler it:

Take it slow, and keep an eye on the ground. If there's bubbles, wait a while near them, and an air bubble will float up. Sorry if this is simple/insulting, but I just want to be sure 

Oh, and when you get to Scrap Brain Zone Act 3, don't go below the lift at the beginning. There's nothing but death down there :kappa: .

Telamon

Postby Telamon » March 19th, 2015, 2:38 am

I've never actually been into the Sonics either, though the mocking of the bad ones is hilarious. I'll still give this one a shot, though.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 20th, 2015, 11:49 am

Finally updated the thread with the latest video; sorry, I was sick in bed all day yesterday. Also trying to plot my ascension to deity-hood, but that's not exactly an excuse.

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » March 20th, 2015, 9:32 pm

Do chaos emeralds stay collected if you use a continue? Not that it matters for this run since I'm pretty sure it's impossible for me to get them all now! (as of today's session)

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 21st, 2015, 1:49 am

Isocitration wrote:Do chaos emeralds stay collected if you use a continue? Not that it matters for this run since I'm pretty sure it's impossible for me to get them all now! (as of today's session)

Honestly I have no clue. I tried searching for the answer, and couldn't find anything.

I presume they do, but...

Anyway...yeah, you're right that you can no longer get them all :tsad2: .

chridd

Postby chridd » March 21st, 2015, 10:32 am

Isocitration wrote:Do chaos emeralds stay collected if you use a continue? Not that it matters for this run since I'm pretty sure it's impossible for me to get them all now! (as of today's session)
Yes, they do stay collected (unless it's different in different versions). (And yeah, I don't think you can get all of them now.)

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » March 21st, 2015, 10:39 pm

Man, watching today's episode, I can hardly wait until he sees what the last act is like! He's gonna love it!

Also, apparently, he didn't drown at all. Well, maybe that'll change two videos from now.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » March 22nd, 2015, 1:51 pm

Re: ep 4

Oh man! The return of Iso's weird relationsjchkip with teh word "cache"

man, çache so funneh

not making fun of anything except the way I typoed everything as I wrote this

(relationsjchkip = obviously the dutch pronunciation)

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » March 30th, 2015, 5:00 am

http://pastie.org/private/2marlzljp7smomz6jpcjg

I can't believe someone did this.

Wow, is this how I sound to people? Horrible!

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » March 30th, 2015, 5:13 am

Isocitration wrote:http://pastie.org/private/2marlzljp7smomz6jpcjg

I can't believe someone did this.

Wow, is this how I sound to people? Horrible!

You didn't say cache at all in that video, I'm disappointed

<tovakj> yes

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 1st, 2015, 5:12 am

I kinda want to see if cpu!Tails can trigger the post zone animal bomb on his own but I'm guessing Iso already finished Sinka 2

<tovakj> yes

Lead Luigi
Goldilocks Mario
Location: IDK I think it was like a pocket dimension or somethin

Postby Lead Luigi » April 1st, 2015, 4:11 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:I kinda want to see if cpu!Tails can trigger the post zone animal bomb on his own but I'm guessing Iso already finished Sinka 2

What about Tails in S3K? Would he work? Or is his AI too different?
something's coming...

Fuck Purple Town

chridd

Postby chridd » April 1st, 2015, 8:07 pm

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:I kinda want to see if cpu!Tails can trigger the post zone animal bomb on his own but I'm guessing Iso already finished Sinka 2
If you just want to know if he can, the answer's yes.  Jump onto the side of the thing, not on the button, wait for Tails to get up there too. Jump straight up, and when you land but while Tails is still in midair, try to walk towards the button.  Definitely possible in Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and I think it's even easier.

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » April 1st, 2015, 9:05 pm

Oh yeah, I'll try to remember to try that out later today!

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » April 1st, 2015, 11:00 pm

Fun times in the video after next video!

not sarcasm, well, mostly...... 

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 2nd, 2015, 2:34 am

Hey, sorry about not updating the thread for a day. I...had something to work out :undecided:.

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » April 3rd, 2015, 10:07 pm

Man that end game kinda feels like it drags on a bit.

e: Had to do it all over because recording issues, quite exciting

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » April 4th, 2015, 7:07 am

Got the 6th emerald on the last checkpoint of Wing Fortress Zone aaaaarghhhh

e: I had an especially hard time finding checkpoints in Aquatic Ruin and Casino Night for some reason.

e2: Also that run took a bit over 2 hours so uhh, this is going to be something.

EarthPhantomTS

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 4th, 2015, 2:14 pm

Hey, sorry I didn't update the thread until today. This goddess was tired...really tired :undecided:!

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » April 7th, 2015, 7:47 am

Man, so I'm watching speedruns of the classic sonics because of this series

starting with this one though I doubt it's whorl recky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kOAdhUlkt0

but man I never noticed before how german labyrinth zone sounded

dana da da da
dana da da dana

~heute hier sind wir
(damit hast du geseh'n)~

laaa!

dammit iso adjust your sound levels

<tovakj> yes

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » April 7th, 2015, 9:44 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:dammit iso adjust your sound levels

sounds fine to me already :bloodtrail:

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » April 8th, 2015, 2:00 am

Remember that time My kid said that I don't know how to sit down and trace a drawing?
Yeah! I was all like: "i -=SO=- sit-trace, son"
So anyway, Isocitration...
Sonic CD, eh? Yeah... Amy was sniffin' on up your shoulders and got herself kidnapped. Or.. Hognapped? Is she a hog? Or technically a hedgeswine? But anydangway, she's the prize.

Robotnik Has caused armmegeddon! Oooh Nooooo! But it's okay, because armeggedon will happen in the future, so it's their problem. How do you travel to the future? Simple- Flip one of the Future signs, then go 88 miles per hour. Remember- this was in the 90's so Back To The Future is still laying the foundation for modern-day studies of temporal quantium mechanics, currently taught at Radford University in Alamassas. SIDE NOTE: Actually, Michael J. Fox was supposed to hit a car at the end of B2TF3, and cause Needles to invent safer, flying cars. This makes the flying cars industry accellerate everything, like how microsoft changed the world. In the future, Marty gets fired for selling secrets to the automotive industry. But since he never hit that car, it never shook Needles to settle down and become a business man. Thus there are no hover boards made by matel in 2015.

Thus, this game is a play on the Butterfly Effect. MurderKill a robot in the past, and you'll plant a flower in the present. Nurture a flower in the present and make a better future. THE BONUS WORLD IS DEPENDANT UPON THIS. If I remember correctly, you can never find the Bonus ring in the future. Always search for it in the past.

So you flip the Past/Future sign, and you need to go 88 miles per hour. There are a few ways to do this. Find a red spring which launches you into the air. You'll glisten with the fabulous sparkes of tachyon particles. When there is enough tachyon buildup (I swear on a plate of nachos bro, I'm not making this up) you will be warped to a new point in time. Go! Get that evil sewery scum bucket Robitnuk, and his programmed-to-be-evil-by-knowing-of-good-and-of-evil badnicks by bashing them with your hedgespikes in the brains and twisting all about, planting flowers like a psycopath to make a better future.

Oh! Also if you need to travel to the future/past in a pinch, use the brand new move introduced to the game. The Sonic Dash. It's like a Spindash, where in this game you hold DOWN button on the D-Pad and jump, BUT you hold UP on the D-pad and jump. Sonic will start tap-dancin' like a Fool! Woah! Look at him dance! Whoo! Infinity feet ftw. Fly off at 88 miles per hour. The trade off is that Dashing Sonic will maintain the highest momentium given him, where as Spinning Sonic will have a boost and die off in momentium over time. Dashing Sonic is overwhelingly vulnerable, where as spinning sonic is a blue blur of saw blade madness with a conciousness, choosing to tear assunder anything in his 88 mph way. It's like a saw from SMW that was programmed to be evil by teaching it good from evil, and then making it choose evil through programming.

Yay! Robo Murder!

Also, you should, like totally listen to me when I say you should play Mischief Makers. It's not even Tohou style, but it's insanely Japanese.

18C ya' l8r, bro,
-EighteenCharacters

EighteenCharacters

Postby EighteenCharacters » April 8th, 2015, 10:47 pm

Bonus stage tip: The reason the UFO's are so fla-rippidin' hard to hit is because of the 2I-2D which was poorly inputted into the game.

What I mean is the way they show depth is by having a 2-dimensional jpeg always facing you getting bigger/smaller. However if you try to jump Sonic's shadow into the UFO's Shadow, you'll do fine. The shadow tracks along the ground which is on a 3-dimensional plane. Just make sure Sonic is in the air when the two shadows overlap, and you should be fine.

If you manage to only play in the PAST from here on out, you can still get all the Temporal stone chaos emerald things. If you want to see the future, that's fine as it's part of the experience, but look out for the "GOAL->" sign, and make sure you've done your business in the past before proceeding.

Cheers,
-18C

Return to “LP Smackdown 20-0-10”