The talkhaus' MaGLx 2 discussion

A place to show off your completed or in progress video game projects. Mods? Hacks? Whatever you call it when you make your own thing? Reveal your junk to random strangers!
Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Re: The talkhaus' MaGLx 2 discussion

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 15th, 2015, 3:55 am

Horikawa too? In before raocow starts linking here in his descriptions :kappa:
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

Isocitration
Citric Acid Spectre

Postby Isocitration » February 15th, 2015, 4:10 am

Horikawa Otane wrote:Also, you guys REALLY need to update your spambot questions. I had to try like 30 times and then use a proxy before I FINALLY found the right format for the 'youtube url.' Still have no idea what the proper format for the 'join date' is =_=;;;;.

See Alice? I knew it was causing grief!
<Isocitration> metaphors are hard to swallow
<tovakj> that's why we have analogies

pholtos

Postby pholtos » February 15th, 2015, 4:12 am

Oh hey this is a topic.

So I get four ok names and then get the greatest of all names for a guy like me. A pun name. Oh the glory.

......I need to start working on it soon.

Also I had not trouble with the spambot type question thing. I did it first try. :/

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 15th, 2015, 4:15 am

pholtos wrote:Oh hey this is a topic.

So I get four ok names and then get the greatest of all names for a guy like me. A pun name. Oh the glory.

......I need to start working on it soon.

Also I had not trouble with the spambot type question thing. I did it first try. :/

Took me twice. But to be fair, my clipboard was stupid an posted something I had copied an hour earlier and not what I went for
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".

Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<tovakj> yes

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 15th, 2015, 4:34 am

Horikawa Otane wrote:Also, you guys REALLY need to update your spambot questions. I had to try like 30 times and then use a proxy before I FINALLY found the right format for the 'youtube url.' Still have no idea what the proper format for the 'join date' is =_=;;;;.

This isn't the first time people have had this issue but I'm really not sure what to do about it. The date can just be copy+pasted straight from Iso's about page (there's also several other alternative formats I added for people who misunderstood what I meant or if Youtube displays a different format for them) and Youtube has several different ways it can display the URL for Iso's page but as far as I'm aware I got all of those so I'm not sure where people are struggling with this one either. If you're able to elaborate on your exact problems though I can try and accommodate them. I can also pm you all possible answers for both questions if you think you might have some insight on changes we can make to them.
Isocitration wrote:See Alice? I knew it was causing grief!

Yeah, I'm still really not sure why though honestly.
💙💙💙

Horikawa Otane

Postby Horikawa Otane » February 15th, 2015, 4:39 am

Alice wrote:

This isn't the first time people have had this issue but I'm really not sure what to do about it. The date can just be copy+pasted straight from Iso's about page (there's also several other alternative formats I added for people who misunderstood what I meant or if Youtube displays a different format for them) and Youtube has several different ways it can display the URL for Iso's page but as far as I'm aware I got all of those so I'm not sure where people are struggling with this one either. If you're able to elaborate on your exact problems though I can try and accommodate them. I can also pm you all possible answers for both questions if you think you might have some insight on changes we can make to them.
Isocitration wrote:See Alice? I knew it was causing grief!

Yeah, I'm still really not sure why though honestly.

Well okay. I went to iso's about page and tried the following:

20 Jun 2010

That is what it says for me. Then I tried Jun 20 2010 and then 2010 Jun 20. Then 06/20/2010. Then 20/06/2010. Then 2010/06/20. Nothing worked. I also tried a zillion other mutations.

Then when it came to the URL I used the following:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Isocitration/ (didn't work)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Isocitration/ (didn't work)
www.youtube.com/user/Isocitration/ (didn't work)
youtube.com/user/Isocitration/ (worked)

pholtos

Postby pholtos » February 15th, 2015, 4:55 am

I dunno if I thought about it too simply but all I put was Isocitration in and it worked.

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 15th, 2015, 4:57 am

I just went to Iso's channel home page, copied the long string of random characters in the address bar and it worked.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 15th, 2015, 4:58 am

Horikawa Otane wrote:Well okay. I went to iso's about page and tried the following:

20 Jun 2010

That is what it says for me. Then I tried Jun 20 2010 and then 2010 Jun 20. Then 06/20/2010. Then 20/06/2010. Then 2010/06/20. Nothing worked. I also tried a zillion other mutations.

Ah, I see where the issues are. You're literally a single character off on those. For the first one it's 20 Jun, 2010 and the others shouldn't have the trailing slash. (Also I didn't bother with http since Youtube only uses https now as far as I know.) I'll pm you all the current answers though so we don't derail the thread too much. Let me know if you see any other issues with them and I'll get those other answers added.
pholtos wrote:I dunno if I thought about it too simply but all I put was Isocitration in and it worked.

Yep, I added in that answer on purpose in case people weren't sure what part of the url to enter.
💙💙💙

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 15th, 2015, 5:00 am

Alice wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:Well okay. I went to iso's about page and tried the following:

20 Jun 2010

Ah, I see where the issues are. You're literally a single character off on those. For the first one it's 20 Jun, 2010 and the others shouldn't have the trailing slash. (Also I didn't bother with http since Youtube only uses https now as far as I know.) I'll pm you all the current answers though so we don't derail the thread too much. Let me know if you see any other issues with them and I'll get those other answers added.
pholtos wrote:I dunno if I thought about it too simply but all I put was Isocitration in and it worked.

Yep, I added in that answer on purpose in case people weren't sure what part of the url to enter.

Might as well change the question to "Who is the glorious entertainer (properly capitalized) responsible for inspiring this fanbase?"

<tovakj> yes

Sarusig

Postby Sarusig » February 15th, 2015, 5:02 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:
Alice wrote:

20 Jun 2010

Might as well change the question to "Who is the glorious entertainer (properly capitalized) responsible for inspiring this fanbase?"

Well to be fair we DID receive a PM asking us to suggest questions for the user registration process. I take it none of us actually answered.
Project Pokémon team - Music, QA, Writing, Master of taking notes in .txt forms sometimes

#shootitinthemouth

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 15th, 2015, 5:07 am

Sarusig wrote:Well to be fair we DID receive a PM asking us to suggest questions for the user registration process. I take it none of us actually answered.

I got like two responses total and one of those only contained suggestions for things I'd already taken into account.
💙💙💙

pholtos

Postby pholtos » February 15th, 2015, 5:08 am

"Name a yellow fruit."

If anyone puts in orange as the answer hit them with a pool noodle.

Tovarisch Red Yoshi

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » February 15th, 2015, 5:15 am

Sarusig wrote:
Well to be fair we DID receive a PM asking us to suggest questions for the user registration process. I take it none of us actually answered.

It was less "I'm suggesting this" and more "what's the point of the question if an answer to a simpler question exists"

<tovakj> yes

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 15th, 2015, 5:23 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:It was less "I'm suggesting this" and more "what's the point of the question if an answer to a simpler question exists"

This was the full text of the pm:
Alice wrote:We're using a Q&A method to battle spambots but we need a larger pool of questions. Currently we have two. If you have any suggestions please PM them to me using the following format:

QUESTION:
  • Answer
  • Answer
  • Answer
  • Answer
  • Answer
  • Answer

Keep in mind that the answers there only include correct answers. For example the first question on our list is this:

Q: What's Iso's Youtube join date (see his about page)
  • https://www.youtube.com/user/Isocitration
  • youtube.com/user/Isocitration
  • user/Isocitration
  • Isocitration
  • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwUc7AvWq-3KoJ2wi7V4bZg
  • youtube.com/channel/UCwUc7AvWq-3KoJ2wi7V4bZg
  • channel/UCwUc7AvWq-3KoJ2wi7V4bZg
  • UCwUc7AvWq-3KoJ2wi7V4bZg
  • https://www.youtube.com/Isocitration

Everything on that list counts as a valid answer.

And looking for that I did actually get more responses than I was thinking. There's four with one of those being suggestions I'd already come up with after sending the pm and another being someone simply pointing out that I somehow got the wrong question/answers combination.
💙💙💙

Horikawa Otane

Postby Horikawa Otane » February 15th, 2015, 5:33 am

magl x2 is preeeeety great this year

Eila

Postby Eila » February 15th, 2015, 6:19 am

Just wait until I submit.

Everyone else's levels will be dragged all the way down simply by being near it.

Horikawa Otane

Postby Horikawa Otane » February 15th, 2015, 7:16 am

Eila wrote:Just wait until I submit.

Everyone else's levels will be dragged all the way down simply by being near it.

I'm excited!

Eila

Postby Eila » February 15th, 2015, 8:37 am

Horikawa Otane wrote:

I'm excited!

I think you misunderstood my post, the implication was my level will be awful.

Dr. Shemp

Postby Dr. Shemp » February 15th, 2015, 9:52 am

Eila wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:

I'm excited!

I think you misunderstood my post, the implication was my level will be awful.

I'm excited! Everyone loves a good trainwreck.

But more seriously most people tend to think their own stuff is worse than it actually is.
When I pray, and sometimes I do, I pray to myself. And if I’m lucky, I answer myself.

7TC7

Postby 7TC7 » February 15th, 2015, 12:54 pm

Horikawa Otane wrote:magl x2 is preeeeety great this year

I take this a good omen and will try to not be scared anymore until results are in. (But to be honest, not ending up in the "Broken Levels" section already relieved me immensly, even thought I couldn't possibly think of anything that could break it) :geek:

Glitch

Postby Glitch » February 15th, 2015, 9:24 pm

I've been stumped with a few of my level names. I think I can make the other two work somehow, and I have an idea for one.
I still need to start mine, but I was inspirtationless till I got an idea.
IsoNation's resident bird nerd.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 21st, 2015, 1:00 pm

I should really get some work done on my entry today. It's one of two things that I should have been working on lately and watched movies/read stories/did something else totally unrelated that wasn't even technically important instead.

I still need to completely redo the second section of my level because I didn't like the way it was turning out and it kinda started really losing focus towards the end. Though I would like to keep the initial bit plus secret exit entrance at least since I thought it was interesting, if a bit difficult for me.
💙💙💙

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 21st, 2015, 5:43 pm

Platforms are apparently really glitchy if you modify their speed. And surprisingly glitchy even if you don't. Also I have no idea how people go about making those bouncing saws because the only method I could find that made them bounce didn't help a lot. I ended up scrapping a significant chunk of a platforming section because I couldn't get the stupid platforms to actually cooperate so the secret exit path of my level is a bit underwhelming. And a little on the difficult side for me but I suck at SMBX.

If anyone would like to give it a playtest for me though and give me some feedback you can download the level here. Just make sure to spoiler anything important. I'm rather dissatisfied with it though overall. One of my npcs is killable when I don't want it to be and none of them work quite the way I want them to. Also I probably give too many life opportunities (there's two to three 1-ups and enough coins for about another two lives, though actually collecting the 1-ups and bigger coin caches is fairly dangerous with you taking a hit being fairly likely) and I give more powerups than I'd prefer, though I don't think the powerups part is unbalanced. I suck enough at the game that I actually need more than I give.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » February 21st, 2015, 8:46 pm

I ended up taking the -3 hit to my score in favour of some easy level names. These ones are a lot better, and now I have ideas, and I don't know what one I want to choose.

Also Alice, I can take a look at your level. I can't promise the best critique, but I'm sure some opinions would help nonetheless. :3

Glitch

Postby Glitch » February 21st, 2015, 10:07 pm

Alice wrote:Ping

My opinions of your level, hidden under a spoiler cause reasons:

I forgot how terrible I can be at Mario, just a warning.

First impression: I like the music! Very fitting for a desert level.
Your pyramid is pretty cool. I like how there's sand piled in between the bricks.
Overall decorations and atmosphere is good.

It's a bit more of a difficult level, with a lot of enemies in the latter half, especially Phantos. I may suggest removing some of them, otherwise too many can be overwhelming. My recommendations? One green near the yellow switch, at least two of the red ones in the pit after unlocking the yellow switch, on either side of the sand pit you fall into. With the grey guys on the path to the yellow switch, you could also select the option to have them not move.
I also recommend removing some enemies in the second half, because I found that some enemies fell into that pit with you, and along with the ones you have coming from the sides, it's a lot at once. Removing some from both above the yellow switch blocks and below would probably be a good idea.

The amount of powerups is good, considering the difficulty.

My overall opinion: It's a pretty good level more on the hard side. With removing some enemies in the second half, it would help to feel less spammy. The secret wasn't too hard to find and the key block area thing hinted that there's something else in the level if you don't find it the first time. It's short, but the latter half has a very gauntlet-ty feel, which is alright.

If you don't want to change anything, that's fine. This is just my opinion, and you can take it however you want.

One final thing: Not to be absolutely stupid, but is Link supposed to be able to downstab the grinders and bounce off of them in your bonus area? I can't do it. I ended up cheating and adding some platforms to get up to Birdo so I could continue onto the secret path.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 21st, 2015, 10:59 pm

GlitchedGhost wrote:My opinions of your level, hidden under a spoiler cause reasons:

I forgot how terrible I can be at Mario, just a warning.

First impression: I like the music! Very fitting for a desert level.
Your pyramid is pretty cool. I like how there's sand piled in between the bricks.
Overall decorations and atmosphere is good.

It's a bit more of a difficult level, with a lot of enemies in the latter half, especially Phantos. I may suggest removing some of them, otherwise too many can be overwhelming. My recommendations? One green near the yellow switch, at least two of the red ones in the pit after unlocking the yellow switch, on either side of the sand pit you fall into. With the grey guys on the path to the yellow switch, you could also select the option to have them not move.
I also recommend removing some enemies in the second half, because I found that some enemies fell into that pit with you, and along with the ones you have coming from the sides, it's a lot at once. Removing some from both above the yellow switch blocks and below would probably be a good idea.

The amount of powerups is good, considering the difficulty.

My overall opinion: It's a pretty good level more on the hard side. With removing some enemies in the second half, it would help to feel less spammy. The secret wasn't too hard to find and the key block area thing hinted that there's something else in the level if you don't find it the first time. It's short, but the latter half has a very gauntlet-ty feel, which is alright.

If you don't want to change anything, that's fine. This is just my opinion, and you can take it however you want.

One final thing: Not to be absolutely stupid, but is Link supposed to be able to downstab the grinders and bounce off of them in your bonus area? I can't do it. I ended up cheating and adding some platforms to get up to Birdo so I could continue onto the secret path.

I thought the music sounded really fitting myself too. It's a track from Zelda: Skyward Sword that I stumbled across looking for desert tracks from other Zelda games if I recall correctly. (Fake edit: I went and found it. This is the track.)

I was actually considering doing just that with a few of the phantos. I actually had to go back and add a few more to the first part and not wanting to under-use them I think I kinda went a bit overboard in the second half, lol. I hadn't run into the issue with enemies falling into the pit too. That's a perfect example of something I otherwise probably would have completely missed and maybe even gotten marked down for. I'll have to rework that part a little.

I didn't want to have the key area too hidden. In my level last year raocow managed to completely miss the bonus area so this year I wanted to make it fairly clear to people that they were missing something.

Actually you don't even need to downstab to bounce on the grinders if I recall correctly. Unless I changed it back at some point I made it so you could just bounce off the grinders by jumping on them. Same with the bullet bill phantos. (The latter being on accident actually but for the better probably since downstabbing and controlling Link with the amount of control required for that is kinda difficult in my opinion.)

Thanks for the feedback! Quite helpful actually.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » February 21st, 2015, 11:18 pm

Alice wrote:I thought the music sounded really fitting myself too. It's a track from Zelda: Skyward Sword that I stumbled across looking for desert tracks from other Zelda games if I recall correctly. (Fake edit: I went and found it. This is the track.)

I was actually considering doing just that with a few of the phantos. I actually had to go back and add a few more to the first part and not wanting to under-use them I think I kinda went a bit overboard in the second half, lol. I hadn't run into the issue with enemies falling into the pit too. That's a perfect example of something I otherwise probably would have completely missed and maybe even gotten marked down for. I'll have to rework that part a little.

I didn't want to have the key area too hidden. In my level last year raocow managed to completely miss the bonus area so this year I wanted to make it fairly clear to people that they were missing something.

Actually you don't even need to downstab to bounce on the grinders if I recall correctly. Unless I changed it back at some point I made it so you could just bounce off the grinders by jumping on them. Same with the bullet bill phantos. (The latter being on accident actually but for the better probably since downstabbing and controlling Link with the amount of control required for that is kinda difficult in my opinion.)

Thanks for the feedback! Quite helpful actually.

Ahh, glad I could help!

Yeah, the first part was good on Phantos. It was mostly the latter half that I had any real issues with. I replayed your level a few times and every time I had the issue of too many enemies in that pit area.

But I'm really confused cause I tried just jumping onto them as well and that didn't work either? Also I didn't realize that you didn't need to downstab to bounce on bullet Phantos. Wish I would've known that.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 22nd, 2015, 12:22 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:Ahh, glad I could help!

Yeah, the first part was good on Phantos. It was mostly the latter half that I had any real issues with. I replayed your level a few times and every time I had the issue of too many enemies in that pit area.

But I'm really confused cause I tried just jumping onto them as well and that didn't work either? Also I didn't realize that you didn't need to downstab to bounce on bullet Phantos. Wish I would've known that.

Maybe I changed it back at some point. I was messing with the saw npc for my first attempt at the secret area so I may have changed it back during all that. I'll make sure to fix that too.

And I was thinking about maybe making a sign or message box with a tip for the saws and phanto bills but I wasn't sure it would matter to most people so I decided against it. I may add one in at some point if more people test it and say it's an issue as well.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » February 22nd, 2015, 2:37 am

Alice wrote:Maybe I changed it back at some point. I was messing with the saw npc for my first attempt at the secret area so I may have changed it back during all that. I'll make sure to fix that too.

And I was thinking about maybe making a sign or message box with a tip for the saws and phanto bills but I wasn't sure it would matter to most people so I decided against it. I may add one in at some point if more people test it and say it's an issue as well.

Always a chance you did, definitely test it to make sure it actually works!

When I came across the message box saying how Link can downstab other things, and I took it as a hint as both things, because there were the plants and the red Phanto. That's just me though, and other people may not think like that, so I dunno.

On a different note, my roomie and I were talking last night as I was telling her about my new level names for MaGL and she gave me a really good idea. I know there's two weeks left, but with moving next weekend and a festival going on on a pet site I'm at, I hope I'll have time to finish it. @----@

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 22nd, 2015, 2:04 pm

GlitchedGhost wrote:Always a chance you did, definitely test it to make sure it actually works!

When I came across the message box saying how Link can downstab other things, and I took it as a hint as both things, because there were the plants and the red Phanto. That's just me though, and other people may not think like that, so I dunno.

On a different note, my roomie and I were talking last night as I was telling her about my new level names for MaGL and she gave me a really good idea. I know there's two weeks left, but with moving next weekend and a festival going on on a pet site I'm at, I hope I'll have time to finish it. @----@

I'm certain it did at some point in the past because I actually enabled it because I was struggling to get up to the Birdo with the downstab method. I'll just have to go find what I changed and change it back.

Hm, that's a good point actually. That message box might mislead people. I might just edit that one to exclude the grinders and phanto bills from the hint.

I can't speak for how much work it might require but you've got plenty of time. I've actually only worked on my level two days now despite the fact I've had my names for about three weeks. Hopefully you can find the time to finish it.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » February 23rd, 2015, 2:03 am

Alice wrote:I'm certain it did at some point in the past because I actually enabled it because I was struggling to get up to the Birdo with the downstab method. I'll just have to go find what I changed and change it back.

Hm, that's a good point actually. That message box might mislead people. I might just edit that one to exclude the grinders and phanto bills from the hint.

I can't speak for how much work it might require but you've got plenty of time. I've actually only worked on my level two days now despite the fact I've had my names for about three weeks. Hopefully you can find the time to finish it.

If I would've realized I didn't need the downstab to bounce off of certain things, it would've made my bullet Phanto trip across the hole a lot easier, lmao. Maybe you could include a hint there?
The level designing will be easy, for me it's setting up the cutscenes. I know how, it's just getting them correct and whatnot, and inserting the sprite I need... As long as I actually work on it, it should get done. I didn't touch mine either for three weeks, cause I was stumped on names until I got the new ones.

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 23rd, 2015, 5:44 pm

I went and smoothed out those issues on my level. For the grinder it appears that at some point I actually deleted the npc text file for it, whoops. Probably happened when I was trying to do the secret exit bit. Also changed around and removed some enemies in the second half, moved around a few things in other places, hopefully clarified the downstab thing in the sign's message, and I decided to try changing the soundtrack up a little bit. I may just end up switching that back though if people think it's less fitting. (Especially since the zip file is about 10x bigger now since there's four additional music tracks with it, lol.) If anyone wants to playtest it, it's in the same place as last time. (Here for those who don't want to go looking. Though at the time of this post it's still uploading and will take a couple more minutes to finish.)

If there's nothing else I'm overlooking I think my level is pretty much done and ready to be submitted.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » February 23rd, 2015, 7:54 pm

Just gave your level and quick run-through again and everything looks good! I can now bounce off the grinders, and the enemies don't fall down into the pit with me. Also, love the new soundtrack, and if anything I may suggest switching the 5th section's soundtrack to the same one as the 1st's, since the areas are similar, being outside the pyramid.

I think you're good to submit!

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 23rd, 2015, 8:41 pm

GlitchedGhost wrote:Just gave your level and quick run-through again and everything looks good! I can now bounce off the grinders, and the enemies don't fall down into the pit with me. Also, love the new soundtrack, and if anything I may suggest switching the 5th section's soundtrack to the same one as the 1st's, since the areas are similar, being outside the pyramid.

I think you're good to submit!

That is probably a good idea actually. I had wanted to keep the original track I'd used for the entire level but that would fit better. I also might put the bonus area track into the exit room as well. That'd save me two tracks and a fair bit of space too.

Also ano0maly on the talkhaus played it and had a few suggestions as well. The  Phanto Bills  could do with being slowed down a little, especially since the reason I sped them up so much got redone anyways. I may also move things around in the little bonus area after the midpoint because there's an invisible block which can end up resulting in an accidental kaizo trap. I think I have a good way to handle that though. I may also try slowing down the red  Phantos  a little too. (When in water or quicksand they become a huge danger at that speed.) Though not by much because if I slow them down too much they'll become a complete non-issue under normal circumstances.

Edit: Went ahead and made those changes and submitted it. I think it should be good. Far better than last year's entry which kinda didn't even get half completed, lol.
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » February 23rd, 2015, 8:55 pm

Alice wrote:That is probably a good idea actually. I had wanted to keep the original track I'd used for the entire level but that would fit better. I also might put the bonus area track into the exit room as well. That'd save me two tracks and a fair bit of space too.

Also ano0maly on the talkhaus played it and had a few suggestions as well. The  Phanto Bills  could do with being slowed down a little, especially since the reason I sped them up so much got redone anyways. I may also move things around in the little bonus area after the midpoint because there's an invisible block which can end up resulting in an accidental kaizo trap. I think I have a good way to handle that though. I may also try slowing down the red  Phantos  a little too. (When in water or quicksand they become a huge danger at that speed.) Though not by much because if I slow them down too much they'll become a complete non-issue under normal circumstances.

Edit: Went ahead and made those changes and submitted it. I think it should be good. Far better than last year's entry which kinda didn't even get half completed, lol.

Those are some good things to have touched up on, didn't even think about them. I still think your level is pretty good overall.

My entry last year was nonexistent. I didn't even enter!

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 23rd, 2015, 9:01 pm

GlitchedGhost wrote:My entry last year was nonexistent. I didn't even enter!

Well I hope you can find the time to do your entry this year. And I'd be happy to help you test it if you want since you've been so helpful with mine. (Thanks again for all the feedback btw!)
💙💙💙

Glitch

Postby Glitch » February 23rd, 2015, 10:02 pm

Alice wrote:
GlitchedGhost wrote:My entry last year was nonexistent. I didn't even enter!

Well I hope you can find the time to do your entry this year. And I'd be happy to help you test it if you want since you've been so helpful with mine. (Thanks again for all the feedback btw!)

Like I said, as long as I sit down and do it, it should get done. Maybe even before I move! But that'd be awesome, feedback would be much appreciated. You're quite welcome!
I'm around 1/3 done level wise, and I still need to do my cutscenes (oh boy), so expect it to be a few days at least, lol.

Glitch

Postby Glitch » February 28th, 2015, 5:27 am

Welp, tomorrow's moving day. I got a lot done on my level, though. I have the second half past the midpoint to do, the ending cutscene, and maybe some small things like some sprite edits (got the bulk of them finished). My first cutscene is done, took forever to get it perfect but I'm so happy with it now. I doubt I'm going to touch the first half anymore until it gets reviewed. I'm fairly happy with the progress I made, just wish that I had more time before to work on it. Oh well.
Once I'm done moving I should have the time to finish it, so hooray. :D

Alice
⦂☽

Postby Alice » February 28th, 2015, 5:33 am

GlitchedGhost wrote:Once I'm done moving I should have the time to finish it, so hooray. :D

Well you've got about a week left. The initial moving in can be quick if you don't do it all at once too. Though I am speaking from personal experience and I don't own a whole lot personally.

And I'm still up for testing your level for you when you want people to test it. (I will be gone almost all day Monday though so that would be one day where I probably couldn't.)
💙💙💙

Return to “Exhibition Alley”