the draws! they invade!

A place to show off your completed or in progress video game projects. Mods? Hacks? Whatever you call it when you make your own thing? Reveal your junk to random strangers!

what is a drawing

potato
38%
moooom, this weird person is asking me things!
31%
TOUGH LUCK BRO
8%
23%

Total votes: 13

sonicspin

the draws! they invade!

Postby sonicspin » January 5th, 2016, 1:29 am

m0w
only posting my g00der arts
from newest to older
Last edited by sonicspin on January 6th, 2016, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
i draw
SHITPOSTING INC DOES NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE LOSS OF OF SANITY TAKEN BY OUR ASSOCIATES
spooky scare skeleton wrote:so the underlying metaphor here is, Aposke, you're a huge dick

me wrote:SUDDENLY KILLER HEADACHE

aposke wrote:maybe you deserve that you fucking bitch

PleinairSan wrote:If a streamer auto-purges links I don't follow him, and I openly insult him
If I wanted to suffer an autistic power fantasy I'd join a freeform roleplay

Tovarisch Red Yoshi
Resident Commie Chameleon

Re: the draws! they invade!

Postby Tovarisch Red Yoshi » January 5th, 2016, 4:12 am

I wish I could draw good like you

sad story

When I was a kid I drew a lot. Wanted to be something. I didn't have a babysitter in 2nd grade so grandma would take me to her chinese calligraphy class her coworkers taught. I became really fascinated by how drawings could communicate secret information, and somehow got super into ancient egyptian hieroglyphs. Afterall, they were whole drawings used to write a whole literature.

Then in 6th grade everyone accused me of putting spells on them and I stopped

Some of them look familiar to me, but I couldn't tell you what from where. Rabbit looks familiar, I think I see undertale characters but I've only played a demo. I don't really know what I'm talking about at all but you seem to shade in a pretty genesis era kind of way, which is kinda cool. I really like the sepia girl with the ax scythe thing, not sure what it's reminding me of. Your catvatar is pretty cool, and the thing below it looks like one of shmorkay's drawings

I don't know what I'm doing though so like my feedback low value but like things look cool
wikipedia wrote:The word "w00t" itself was first seen in 1994.[citation needed] The expression rose in popularity in the late 1990s and early 2000s (decade) mostly on MMORPG such as RuneScape. It remains a niche Internet term and is not in general usage. The symbolic approximation of Latin letter forms makes w00t a prime example of internet leetspeak. It may also sometimes be seen spelled as "wewt" or "wought".
Isocitration wrote:<Isocitration> a long obscure nonsequitur that must be explained
<Isocitration> the joke is funny because of that alone
<tovakj> you've known me how long, yet?
<tovakj> yes
<tovakj> you're finally figuring out my aesthetic

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » January 5th, 2016, 4:51 am

Tovarisch Red Yoshi wrote:Some of them look familiar to me, but I couldn't tell you what from where. Rabbit looks familiar, I think I see undertale characters but I've only played a demo. I don't really know what I'm talking about at all but you seem to shade in a pretty genesis era kind of way, which is kinda cool. I really like the sepia girl with the ax scythe thing, not sure what it's reminding me of. Your catvatar is pretty cool, and the thing below it looks like one of shmorkay's drawings

I don't know what I'm doing though so like my feedback low value but like things look cool

Rabbit is Klonoa!
yes there are some undertale, and thanks for that! I really like the genesis and the stuff that came outta it, and the shmorky-like thing is not my design, it's kitet aka kitteneatermcpunchface, liked the character so drew it
and maybe start drawing again, would interesting to see what comes out of that head of yours :3
i draw
SHITPOSTING INC DOES NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE LOSS OF OF SANITY TAKEN BY OUR ASSOCIATES
spooky scare skeleton wrote:so the underlying metaphor here is, Aposke, you're a huge dick

PleinairSan wrote:If a streamer auto-purges links I don't follow him, and I openly insult him

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » January 7th, 2016, 2:50 am

What is a drawing?! *Tosses aside a wine Glass*

Some of those are pretty neat. like the Witch gif near the bottom and your avatar pic is also neat. The halberd girl with big hair is also cool, her shirt's emblem design seems like undertale reference?

Although the pink witch looks off, Her torso seems super long compared to legs giving her this stubby leg look, I understand stylistic choices and the like just seems off to me.
Sans has a nice c-hat btw.

I liked art history quite a bit when I took at university, which is pretty striking, because most people despised it. But looking at art and noticing "Yup that is a painting! they made it with egg plaster." isn't the same as actually drawing something out.

I've never been able draw at anything above a basic level. I choose the word basic, because being self-demeaning is simply demotivational. Which is kind of a bummer because in the field of Biology, my major, being able to draw something is a semi-useful skill. Whether it's jotting what you are seeing through a mircoscope or detailing specific features on a plant animal to describe it.

There is a part of me that thinks it would be neat to get better, just it would quite a hurdle. I wouldn't know where to start, besides the whole "Just start drawing what you see."

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » January 14th, 2016, 2:44 pm

Zummorr wrote:What is a drawing?! *Tosses aside a wine Glass*

Some of those are pretty neat. like the Witch gif near the bottom and your avatar pic is also neat. The halberd girl with big hair is also cool, her shirt's emblem design seems like undertale reference?

woops

Zummorr wrote:Although the pink witch looks off, Her torso seems super long compared to legs giving her this stubby leg look, I understand stylistic choices and the like just seems off to me.

fixed!
Zummorr wrote:Sans has a nice c-hat btw.

:3c
Zummorr wrote:I liked art history quite a bit when I took at university, which is pretty striking, because most people despised it. But looking at art and noticing "Yup that is a painting! they made it with egg plaster." isn't the same as actually drawing something out.

I've never been able draw at anything above a basic level. I choose the word basic, because being self-demeaning is simply demotivational. Which is kind of a bummer because in the field of Biology, my major, being able to draw something is a semi-useful skill. Whether it's jotting what you are seeing through a mircoscope or detailing specific features on a plant animal to describe it.

There is a part of me that thinks it would be neat to get better, just it would quite a hurdle. I wouldn't know where to start, besides the whole "Just start drawing what you see."

the first step is to get a good line, search some line exercises to start, having a good line is a basic thing to start getting better "quicker" (AKA NOT A MILLION YEARS OF PRACTICE)
i draw

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » January 15th, 2016, 12:49 am

sonicspin wrote:
Zummorr wrote:What is a drawing?! *Tosses aside a wine Glass*

woops

the first step is to get a good line, search some line exercises to start, having a good line is a basic thing to start getting better "quicker" (AKA NOT A MILLION YEARS OF PRACTICE)

Well when I said the halberd girl "felt like an Undertale reference"...It's not an undertale reference and it's not even that similar to the design on Torial's robe. But the white shield-like crest with the branches sticking out, feels like I've I've seen it from somewhere else?

I'll take a look at some exercises then. Practice right and practice often and practice for fun, said no one said ever.

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » January 18th, 2016, 1:17 am

i just did it as some little lore thing, because the character is the "angel of death"[/edge] or smth in this comic im holding off till im feeling okay'er with my art and the story
i draw

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » January 18th, 2016, 7:29 am

Fair enough, if I do find whatever thing reminded me of your pic I'll let you know.

Good luck on your webcomic goal. Keep at it!

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » January 31st, 2016, 9:19 pm

HOI
i draw

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » February 1st, 2016, 10:59 pm

Oh man pixels! Should I be commenting on the talkhaus forum or in the future? Don't want to give you whiplash from looking everywhere. I'll comment here for now.

Overall it's quite good. I do like the color and the style the designs for armored red riding hood and ink-wolf are pretty neat. Reminds me of the themes of child of light.

One issue is that the magenta(? I am red-green color deficient T_T) ground takes up alot of space on the bottom on the image and seems to just be empty space, where it is just a solid blob of color on the far right side and bottom portion of the image. Seems like empty possibility space. It's kinda odd considering that the floor space should have some kind texture as we see underneath the swordswoman.

Something that bugs me, is that despite being given two really different subjects, that are both well designed, is that we don't see any dynamic between the two. They both are kinda static and even though they should be about to fight or clash they just kinda seem to exist in their own space. What I mean is that there is nothing to cause my eyes to track along the lines of the swordswomen and lead to the big wolf. Like if you look at leading lines around the swords women they are parallel, the trees, the sunlight, the sword all line up in parallel. If you were to crop the image and only have the swordswoman that would be a pretty strong effect. While the wolf does have some perpendicular angles to the light it isn't very strong due to the distance perhaps.

Like I would think about playing around with the pose of the wolf might be wise. Perhaps if it was a bit closer or maybe even intruding into the light. or Maybe looming above with one of it's large limbs looking like it's about to plunge down to the lower right. You could also play around with giving the wolf a different outline? Not sure

I'm kind confused as to what the red blob to the right of the wolf's tongue is though. I would think that it is just a piece of his tongue that we see through it's dribbling body. but it is vaguely shaped like an eye. At the same time I'm not sure if it is an eye-scar or a strange eye or what but the white above the top left tooth kinda seems strange.

Just my thoughts, I like it, just I think you could play around with it and it might be better.

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » February 2nd, 2016, 7:01 pm

ahh edit edits
yes dynamism is a hard thing to grasp, and the static between the two is that really, i developed them separately, and not together, as cartooning says
the action line of each one, if you check, are completely separate, so instead, have a sketch of what i should have done
i draw

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » February 3rd, 2016, 2:15 am

Well that separate development does explain why the two don't feel very involved with each other.

I see in the edit you helped make the wolf stand out more. giving him a nice (white? and light blue?) outline. I addition you changed the color of the background trees, so that they match in color and don't seem like they are super far away (or are blue trees.) There are a couple weird colorations on him though like the blob on his forehead in between his eyes and the lighting effect on his him on the far left.

You also added to the far right so that the ground isn't as flat. an improvement imo.

But I think you weakened the color effect on the swords woman. Maybe the original golden color (? I'm really bad with colors I'm realizing.) wouldn't work with the new ground color but it dampens the spotlight effect. You lost the "warmth" of that spotlight, but you made the color of the background trees and ground make more sense.

As far as your "should've done sketch." what about making the wolf's pose, or atleast it's muzzle, point down and to the right, making it perpendicular to the sword'swoman and her light? kinda like what you did here but maybe a bit stronger.

I'd imagine that dynamism is pretty tricky. because you probably spend alot of time just working with one subject and maybe some background. suddenly adding a second subject that might be some distance away not only off centers the first subject but also causes the eyes to follow along it instead of your first object...

BTW should I just be typing out my comments here? or should I just leave them at the talkhaus. Eyesauceforum's activity is like a sleepy bear sometimes.

I can do both.

I apologize if my comments can be long-winded, I just feel that there are usually alot of things to say...and simply saying something is "good" or "bad" isn't really good feedback. Which can really be problematic to artists, or anyone looking for feedback.

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » February 3rd, 2016, 7:56 pm

leave them here, it is fine
asides, i greatly appreaciate your comments, as they tackle different things than what i get on pixelation, so they're very useful, much appreciated
i draw

Zummorr

Postby Zummorr » February 3rd, 2016, 8:37 pm

Okaydokey. I will continue my commentary here, doing my job as layman-man if you post something I haven't seen on talkhaus I might chatter on about it.

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » February 3rd, 2016, 8:52 pm

Me want vigeo game made with these. Also if you make some project, you can can use my sexy voices.
A man of many voices

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » February 4th, 2016, 3:54 am

duly noted! is that what you say?
i draw

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » February 26th, 2016, 7:14 pm

What is a drawing? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF LINES!

...Sorry, couldn't resist Image :tstick:!
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » February 27th, 2016, 4:45 pm

Where's the Samus on Peach lesbian action? ;3
A man of many voices

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » February 28th, 2016, 1:42 am

no
i draw

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » March 28th, 2016, 12:10 am

i draw

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » March 28th, 2016, 11:30 pm

Hey! Where the lewds at?
A man of many voices

EarthPhantomTS
A little bit of a fan of Tiamat

Postby EarthPhantomTS » April 9th, 2016, 4:41 am

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:Hey! Where the lewds at?

sonicspin wrote:ping

Hey, skeller-man, you think if we sneak up on him and pounce from behind, we can make him our porn-slave Image?
Resident slut, harlot, whore, tramp, and Tiamat fangirl. Also, proud pervert, nympho, and sex worshiper.

Proud to be a worshiper of Ishtar, Babylonian goddess of sex and war, in the 21st century CE Image Image!

Warning: Noted tendency to go from the Queen of Lewd to the Queen of Shrews seemingly at random. If this happens, explain that you meant nothing by it, and she'll quickly apologize

Yes, she's still my wifey

InsaneIntentions1

Postby InsaneIntentions1 » April 9th, 2016, 7:41 am

Obviously
A man of many voices

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » May 12th, 2016, 1:24 am

oh nooooooooo
i draw

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » May 17th, 2016, 11:49 am

i draw

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » November 5th, 2016, 1:47 am

i draw

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » November 5th, 2016, 1:49 am

i draw

sonicspin

Postby sonicspin » November 5th, 2016, 1:51 am

i draw

Return to “Exhibition Alley”